The Warlcok Adventures: The Begining | Teen Ink

The Warlcok Adventures: The Begining

By Vamps4Eva, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Vamps4Eva, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

"Be nice or I'll beat you with my rifle."

When I walked out of class a whole mob of people pushed and shoved me down on the floor. If I knew that was going to happen I would have waited in class until everyone was out. I think that everyone just doesn't see me. They just knock into me without warning. “Kendal wait up!” Oh ya I have one friend. His name is Nick. We have been best friends sense first grade. He's the only one who really sees me. “I saw that mob knock you over,” he said.

“Yea, I guess people want to get out of this death trap we call school,” I said.

Nick asked, “Well are you going home?” I wondered if he was crazy. My adopted parents will never stop fighting. Sometimes they get me into it. My biological little brother is scared of them.

“Heck no! What do you think I am, crazy,” I answered.

“Well where are you going?”

“ I'm going to the elementary school.”

My little brother is my little buddy. Ever sense our parents died we have been closer than ever. The only thing is that he has never left my side sense we got adopted. He hates our parents. I always pick him up after school. Then he and I go to the park. And here he comes, I thought “Kendal! Can Jenna come to the park with us?” Jenna is Max's best friend. For some reason I'm always friends with the guys and he's always friends with the girls.

“Sure Max! But I have to stop at the house and get the mail sense Mom and Dad haven't gotten it most likely.” I have to call them Mom and Dad around Max because he was only a few months when my parents died, so he thinks that Mike and Jane are our Mom and Dad.

I pulled up in my drive way and there was a car that I didn't recognize. “Hey Max do you know who's car that is?”

Max looked around, “What car?”

“Never mind Max,” I said as I got out of the car. I got in the house and surprisingly it was quiet. It's Like World War Three just ended. I went in the living room and all my questions were answered, well almost all of them. My parents were passed out drunk on the couch. But the question still remained, Who's car was that out in the drive way? I went upstairs and heard some rustling in my room. I opened the door and all I got was a figure because it jumped out the window. I was surprised I didn't hear an “OW,” or a yell.

I went back to get the mail and to get in the car. “Was Mommy and Daddy fighting again?” Max asked.

I answered, “No buddy they were asleep on the couch.” The whole ride there I was trying to put together what I saw. The figure looked male and it obviously knew me if it was looking for something in my room. I wonder if it got what it wanted. When the kids wanted to go home I dropped Jenna off at her house and Max and I went home. I always cook dinner because Mike and Jane are always too busy fighting, working, or (like now) past out drunk.

After dinner I went upstairs to call Nick and tell him about the visitor. “Maybe it was someone who knew your biological parents,” Nick said over the phone.

“I don't know. He just jumped out the window like it was as easy as talking.”

“Oh well. Hey I got to finish some homework. I'll talk to you tomorrow okay?”

“Okay! Talk to you tomorrow!” Then I hung up. I had trouble sleeping that night. One of the reasons could be that Mike and Jane were fighting as loud as ever. But for the most part I couldn't stop thinking of the visitor.

The next day I got to school and everyone was staring at something behind me. I turned around and there was the mustang I saw in my drive was the day before. Only it had more than one person in it. They all were really tan like they had just been down in Florida. The driver was definitely my visitor. I recognized the figure. I wanted to go up to him and ask him why he was in my house, but I didn't want to be the first one to talk to the new kid. He came up to me with a big smile and said, “Hi! I'm Chris! Can you show me 'round the school so I'm not late to any of my classes.” I nodded. He was so sweet and his voice sounded like wind chimes. “Well I would love to know my tour guides' name. No? Okay I'll guess. Is it Kendal?” I nodded. How did he know my name when no one was saying my name. Something was very strange about Chris. Something I had to figure out. But how?

“Hey Chris, wait up,” I called. He had long legs so that made it easy for him to get ahead. I finally caught up to him.

“She speaks!” He said as he laughed. It was true though. I haven't said a word sense he started talking to me in the parking lot.

“Yea! Hey how did you know my name in the parking lot? We haven't met before that have we? Cause if we did I don't remember,” I said. He was silent and, for the first time sense I met him, he wasn't smiling. It was like he was hiding a big secret.

Chris and I were on our way to lunch. I sat with Nick like I always do, and Chris sat right next to me. It's like he was super protective or something. “So Chris, how do you know Kendal here,” Nick asked. Again Chris didn't answer. Nick was talking to me now, “ So you picking up Max today?”

“Of course I am Nick. When do I ever not pick up Max? I always pick him up and go to the park. Chris, do you want to come with me?”

Chris nodded, “But I think it would be best if we go to my house.”

“Well I don't think that Max should be in your house if you have a lot of breakable things, he's very... curious,” I answered with a smile.

“Well I'll come anyways.”

We got to the elementary school and Max comes running out. “Hey Max sorry I'm late. This is my friend Chris!”

“It's fine Kendal. Hey can I go to Jenna's?”

“Sure bud! Just call me when you're ready to come home.”

“Thanks Kendal!” Then he was gone.

I looked at Chris and he was smiling. “So I guess just you can come to my place.” I laughed and sighed.

“Okay I'll go to your place if on the way there you give me an answer to everything I ask you.”

“Deal!”

He gave me directions as I started my questioning. “Okay, so the first thing and main thing I want to know is, how did you know my name?”

“I can't tell you that.” I was starting to get mad

“You said that if I go to your place than you would tell me anything I wanted to know. Well what’s with all the secrets? I will turn the car around and deal with my parents fighting.” I was getting mad and I really didn't even want to go to his place.

“Look I want to tell you, I really do. But if I do I'm afraid that you'll run and tell everyone and then my family will get... it will just get crazy.” I was confused. I thought he was just being difficult, but I guess he was just protecting is family.

“Can you at least answer this? Why did you want me to go to your house so badly?”

“Cause you're in danger.”

We got to his house and everything looked normal. Even the inside looked normal. “Hi! I'm Taylor and if you're anything like me we're going to be great friends.” Chris told me that she was very hipper. That they think she has ADHD.

“Um... Kendal this is my mom Sarah and my dad Tyler.”

“Hi Kendal would you like to stay for dinner,” Sarah asked.

“Oh well I would love to but my parents really don't know I'm her and it's my night to make dinner. I'm sorry.”

She still had a smile on her face. It took me a while to realize that Chris wasn't next to me anymore. He was over talking to his brother, who I still haven't met yet. When I walked over Chris said, “Kendal this is my brother Zac.” I told him that I had to go home. He nodded and added, “I'll come with you.”

When I got home. We could hear my parents fighting, again. “Is this why you cook dinner.” Chris asked. I nodded. He looked at me as if to ask “Are we going inside.”

“Before we go in, you said I was in danger. How?”

He closed his eyes, “I'm not sure yet but my whole family knows it too. I can feel danger in California. Most of it is heading to you.” We got out of the car and there was a teen walking on the side walk. He looked at me weird and Chris pulled me toward the house. Jenna's mom pulled up to drop off Max.

“Thanks Mrs. Shapiro!” I called and told Max to go inside.

I told my parents to shut up and listen for a second. “Mom, Dad, this is Chris. He's a friend from school.” They just stared at him and then at me.

Then of course Max had to be the one to ask, “Is he your boyfriend?” I rolled my eyes. Chris smiled. But Mom and Dad's face was expressionless.

After dinner, Chris needed to go home. I said I would drive him home. I don't know what it is but something about me just never wanted to be away from him. “Your parents are... interesting. Do they always fight,” Chris asked.

“No, that's what they do half the time. Other times they are past out on the couch or at work.” We got to his house and he told me to get out of the car. He met me at my door and hugged me goodbye. Next thing I know he was kissing me and I was kissing him.

The next morning, Chris was in my driveway with his mustang. “I thought I could drive you to school,” he said with a big huge grin on his face. I still was going crazy about the kiss we had last night, but, man that smile was adorable.

“What about your family?”

“I thought that they have three other cars so they don't need me. Plus I'm going to tell you everything.”

I raised my eyebrows, “Everything could take awhile.”

He laughed, “I know a long way.”

“Okay, start from the very beginning.”

“Okay. Well, first things first. I'm a warlock.”

I stared, “Wait with, like, magic powers and all that?” He nodded. “So that's one of your powers? To sense danger like you said.”

He nodded as he added, “I can also see what you're going to say before you say it. Not exactly like mind reading but similar.”

“Does the rest of your family have powers?”

“Yea, Sarah has speed, Zac has strength, Taylor has invisibility, and Tyler has shape shifting.” There was no more time because we were at school.

When we came out, everyone, and I mean everyone, was staring. I felt kinda uncomfortable. “Why are they all staring?”

He put an arm around me and answered, “Think about it Kendal. We're together after my first day here.” I thought about it and he was right. It did look bad, but I didn't care. These were people who hated me so much that they would trample me.

We met Nick at lunch, and like always he had a big smile for me. “So you two are dating. Knew it would happen. Hey Kendal, can I talk to you for a sec.” I looked at Chris and he nodded. I nodded at Nick and we headed toward the hall. “Okay! I don't like you seeing him.”

I was confused. I raised my eyebrows, “Excuse me?”

“Look, I need to tell you that I'm in love with you. I have been sense the seventh grade.” I just stared at him in shock. I have always been just friends with Nick, nothing more. I shook my head and turned back to Chris. He looked worried for some reason. I ran up to him. On my way I was stopped and push to the ground.

Everything after that was so fast, it almost made me lightheaded. I was on the floor while everyone gathered around me. The one I really was looking for was Chris. But it hurt too much to look too far. Then people were yelling things like “Oh my god” and “Call 9-1-1!” Once I heard them say things like that I thought they really do care about me. Then I heard a voice that I definitely recognized.

“Kendal, are you alright? We've got 9-1-1 on the phone now.” It was Chris. I tried to nod but it still hurt too much. He took my hand, “It's okay Kendal, we got him. Taylor and Zac are talking to him now.” And then everything went black.

I woke up and I was in a hospital bed. Next to the bed was Jessica, the most popular girl in school. “Chris,” was all I was able to get out.

Jessica stood up and said, “He's out in the lobby. Want me to go get him?” I tried to shake my head no.

“No. What...what you doing here.”

“I wanted to see if you were okay. It may seem like I hate you but really I'm just jealous. I mean you’re rich with your own car. And now you got Chris.”

I laughed, “Okay are you jealous of me right now? Cause right now I'm jealous of you.” We both laughed. Then Chris walked in.

“Can I talk to her for a sec?” Jessica nodded and left the room.

“Hey.” I could tell this was hurting him.

“How are you feeling?”

I sighed, “Well, it still hurts to move my neck. Did you get they guy who did this?”

He nodded, “We got him but he never took his mask off and before the police got there he got away.”

“Where's Max?”

“Out in the lobby. I'll go get him.” Then he kissed my forehead and left.

It was only a few minutes until Max and my parents came in. Max was running in and jumped on my bed. That hurt. “Uh, hey Max!”

“Oh sorry! Did I hurt you?”

“Yea, a little bit. You have to be a little more gentle with me right now. Mom, Dad, I thought you guys worked.”

Mike answered, “We did but we took off once we heard. I hope they find the monster that did this and put him where he belongs. I'm just glad to see you're alright Kendal.”

“Me too,” Jane added. Then they came up and kissed me on the forehead. They've never done that. They've never even said my name right. It was always Campbell or Kid. It was weird. It made me miss my real parents.

“Um, I think I need more rest. I'll see you guys tomorrow.”

They smiled, took Max, and said, “Okay sweetie. Call us when you're up.”

This was just too much for me. First my best friend has been in love with me sense seventh grade. Then I got attacked. Next, the most popular girl in school has been jealous of me. Then finally, my parents actually acted like parents and not like fighting, working, drunks around me. What a day.

I was walking to school because my car got stolen somehow. When I got there, there wasn't a signal car in sight. Where is everybody, I thought. I tried to go into the school but it was locked. We have school today right? I asked myself. “No you don't,” a voice said. It was a voice I haven't heard in ten years.

“Mom?” I turned around and my mom was standing in the parking lot, as beautiful as I remember. I ran up to her and gave her a huge hug. I could feel her. I could see her. “Mom, it's you! You're here! But-but how?” I could tell that there were tears coming down my eyes.

She smiled, wiped the tears, and said, “I'm here to warn you Kendal. The attacker got away, and he won't stop until he has what he wants.”

“Well do you know what he wants?”

She sighed, and said one word to make me gasp, “You. He wants you, dead.”

I just hugged here and said, “Is there any way to stop him?”

She shook her head, “Not that I know of.”

A car was coming right toward us. Mom pushed me out of the way. She turned around and just stood there and didn't move. “Mom move!” I yelled that over and over again, but it was not use. The car hit her, moved a little farther, and stopped. The driver's door opened and it was Nick who stepped out. I gasped, “Nick, why-why did you do that?” He said nothing. He got something out of his car. It was a gun. He loaded it and pointed it right at me.

That's when I woke up. When I did there was a nurse in my room and that startled me a little. “Are you alright? Your heartbeat's rising!” She came to examine me. All I could say was Chris's name. “He went home. He said he would be back tomorrow after school. You're alright.” She said that over and over again. I still couldn't calm down. My best friend wanted to kill me for not picking him over Chris.

After a while I calmed down. The doctor wanted to talk to me about the dream, but I told him that I only wanted to talk to Chris. “I understand that Kendal. But if this dream had anything to do with your-”

“Shut up!” I interrupted him. I didn't want to think about the idea that Nick attacked me. “I'm sorry doctor. I just really can't do this right now.”

When school was over Chris must have heard about what happened. He came running in the room. “Are you alright? The doctor told me about what happened this morning.”

“Yes I'm fine. Now. I need to tell you something.” I told him about the dream. How my mom warned me, how Nick ran her over, and how he pointed the gun at me. Once he heard that part he had a whole different expression in his eyes.

“So Nick is the attacker,” he assumed.

I sighed, “I don't know but that dream ment something.”

I was in my room. I had so much homework to get done. Someone knocked on my door and it made me jump because it was so quiet. I opened the door. Max was crying with a black and blue eye. I was confused, “Max, what happened to your eye?” He just pointed to a black silhouette. As it came into the light I could recognize the features. It was Michal, our old assistant before Mom and Dad died. “Michal what are you doing?”

All he said was “Finishing what I started ten years ago.” The he pulled out a knife.

I woke up screaming again. This time Chris, Max, Mike, and Jane were in the room. “Kendal! Are you okay,” Max asked. Once I saw that he had no marks or buses I hugged him.

“Are you okay Max?”

There was confusion in his voice when he said, “Of course I am.”

Chris came up to me and asked, “Was it another dream?”

I nodded, “But this was different. This time I was home and Max knocked on my door. When I saw him he had a black eye. He pointed to a silhouette when I asked him who hurt him and then Michal, our old assistant when Mom and Dad were alive, came out with a knife. He said he had to finish what he started ten years ago.”

My heart rate was rising at how scared I was. Chris tried to calm me down. The doctor and the nurses were doing everything they could also. This ment I found out who killed my parents eleven years ago.

After I calmed down the police came in to talk to me about the dream. They just asked when the dreams stared. Were both dreams around the attack and/or murder? Who was in the dreams and what role they played? That question was a hard one to answer because it hurt too much.

“I never want to go to sleep again.” Then all of a sudden there was a knock on the door. I jumped. Chris went to answer it. Chris, I could tell, was mad. He stepped aside and let the visitor in.

“Hi Kendal!” It was Nick.

Chris came over to me. “He-hey Nick” Nick was starring at Chris. I could tell Chris was wanting to kill Nick, but he knew it would hurt me, so he held back.

“How you doing?”

“I-I'm fine.”

“Um Chris, can I talk to her alone,” Nick asked. I looked at Chris.

“I'll be right outside the door. Just yell if anything happens,” he whispered in my ear. I nodded. He kissed me and left.

“Sorry about what happened before you got attacked,” he said. I struggled to find the words.

“Um, Nick where were you when I got attacked? I was just wondering.”

He looked at me confused. He answered, “I was getting ready to go back to lunch.” I nodded. “Is everything alright? You seem a bit jumpy.”

“I'm fine. I just haven't gotten much sleep.”

He nodded and said, “Okay I'll let you get some sleep. See you later!”

“So what did your attacker have to say,” Chris said and laughed as he walked in.

I smiled, “We don't know if he was the one who attacked me.”

“He nodded and said, “The doctor wants you here one more night and then you can go home tomorrow. I told him that I want to stay with you.”

I shook my head, “You need to rest too. I'm not going to relax while you’re tired and upset.”

“I won't be upset. I'll be with you, and warlocks can give themselves energy. I
don't want you to wait till school's over to talk about a dream, if you have one.” I nodded and he kissed me.

Right before I was going to fall asleep the door opened. I was too tired to tell who it was. “May I help you,” Chris whispered.

“Yes is Kendal here? I heard she was attacked,” the voice said.

“Yea she's asleep though. Maybe tomorrow you can see her. May I ask for your name so I can tell her.”

“Of course! I'm Michal!” Then he left.

I sat up, “Who was that?”

He shook his head and said, “Just someone who was confused.”

“I heard. It was Michal.” He nodded. “What do you think he wanted?” I could feel a shock of fear shoot up my spine.

He kissed me and said, “Don't worry about it now. Just get some rest. Okay?” I nodded and lied down. I must have been tired because I was out in one minute time.

Now I was at the house where my parents lived when they were alive. I walked in and my dad was standing in the hall. “Dad,” I yelled. I ran up to hug him.

“Hello Kendal! My sweet, sweet Kendal!” Dad always talked to me like that. “Kendal I need to warn you. You and Chris are in grave danger. Too much danger for Chris to handle.” How did he know about Chris, I wondered. I also wondered what he ment by “too much danger for Chris to handle.” Then all of a sudden Dad turned into Chris. A silhouette formed behind him and threw a dagger. Then it went through Chris and killed him.

I woke up screaming. Chris was right next to me trying to calm me down. Once I realized he was alive I kissed him and threw my arms around him. “I'm right here. Everything is alright,” he kept saying. Then, once I calmed down, he asked, “What happened?” I told him about the dream. Once I was done he held me tighter.

The next morning Michal came to visit. “I'm looking for a Kendal Elizabeth Jameson,” he said.

“Michal! Long time no see,” I said trying to hide how nervous I was. I looked at Chris and he was just starring at Michal. Michal came over and hugged me.

“She's still in a lot of pain. I'd be careful if I were you,” Chris said. Michal turned to to look at Chris. I saw a dagger and a gun in his back pocket.

I gasped, “Um...Michal I-I didn't get a lot of sleep last night. Could you leave so I can get some?” He nodded, put his hands in his back pockets, and left.

“What's wrong? You looked scared,” Chris asked.

“I think I saw a gun and a dagger in his back pockets.”

“Yea, he had a lot of black magic coming off of him.”

“What do you mean? Is he a warlock too?”

“No! I ment a dark ora. It means he's really dangerous.”

Just then the door opened band the doctor came in. He told me that I could leave when I was ready. To tell you the truth I was ready to go anywhere but here.

“Is it just me or do things seem stranger now that I'm back,” I asked. It was my first day back and I don't know if it was just me or all the attention I was getting. Even Mike and Jane were acting strange last night.

Chris just laughed and said, “It's just you.” I laughed with him. When I opened my locker a picture frame fell out with a note. I read it-

Kendal,
I've been watching you. Longer than you think I have. I “borrowed” this picture frame from your room. You never even thought about me, did you? Well I have another thing of yours that I'm sure you will want. Meet me at lunch where you were attacked. Then you can have your little buddy. Oh and come alone.
-M

“He has Max!” I was freaking out. I just stared at the note and then at the picture.

“I can send Taylor with you but she would be invisible.”

“No, if he finds out, Max could die.”

At lunch, I went to the hall where I was attacked. There was a tall silhouette and a short one. Max, I thought. They came toward me. As they did I could see features on both of them. The smaller one was Max and the taller one was, Michal. But behind them was, Nick. I gasped at that one. I wasn't expecting that at all.

“Hello Kendal,” Michal said.

Max, who was struggling, said, “Kendal! Help me!” I was almost in tears when Nick covered Max's mouth to keep him quiet.

“Let him go! I'll do anything you want! Just let him go!” Michal put up a hand and Nick let Max go. Max ran toward me and hugged me. “Go to Chris,” I whispered to him. “Tell him everything.” He nodded and ran.

“Look at you trying to protect everyone. Well you didn't protect you parents very well did you now,” Michal said.

Then it finally clicked. Why he was suddenly gone after I found out, why he was never contacting me or Max, everything. “You killed them,” I finally said. “You shot them. You made me believe that you had nothing to do with it. Why?”

He laughed, “Because they didn't let me do what I was capable of. They always put me at the bottom of every work order.”

“But you were like family to them, to me! And the only thing I don't understand is why Nick is helping you with all this.” I turned to Nick. He tried to hide but didn't work.

“Because I want Chris out of the equation. I told you Kendal. I've been in love with you ever since seventh grade. Michal told me that he could establish that.”

“Oh I'm sure Michal will establish that just fine. By getting rid of me!”

“Like I would lie to a nice, young man like Nick.”

“You lied to me!”

“That's beside the point!”

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder, but no one was there. That could only mean one thing. Chris had sent Taylor after I told him not to.

“So you said you would do whatever we want if we let Max go. So go break up with Chris,” Michal ordered.

“Nick how could you!” I was almost in tears. “We've been best friends. And you know very well that when he's done with me, he'll just go kill me and Max.” Nick looked at Michal. Michal told me to shut up and do as I'm told. I could feel Taylor's hand tighten on my arm. I wondered why.

“If you don't go break up with Chris now, I will kill you,” Michal threatened.

I narrowed my eyes, “How could you Michal? I considered you as my uncle. We let you practically live with us. You sicken me!”

Just then everything happened so fast. Michal flew across the hall and knocked me into the wall. Man that hurt, but I didn't show it. Taylor became visible. Then Michal stopped. “So you didn't come alone. I see.” I froze. So did Taylor. Michal pulled out his knife and pointed it toward me. Then something knocked into Michal. But the knife was too close to my leg. It sliced my leg.

“Kendal it's going to be alright. Chris has got him. You're going to be okay!” Taylor just kept repeating that.

“Max” was all I could say. When I felt to tiny hand on my arm I knew Max was alright.

Just then Jessica was yelling, “I have 9-1-1 on the phone now.”

Michal must have escaped Chris because he was standing over me. “Taylor take Max home now!” I said and she did. Jess then left. Michal pulled out a gun. “You know Michal if you kill me now. You will have all these witnesses to say you did. I thought you were smarter than that.” I could tell he thought about that when he pointed the gun at my other leg and shot it. He was taken away and I blacked out.

When I woke I was in the same hospital room. I looked around and there was a nurse hooking wires to my chest and making sure everything was in place. “Chris” was all I could say.

“You're in no condition to have visitors.” I said Chris's name again. Then the doctor came in.

“Oh you're up! How do you feel?”

I laughed, “Like I lost both my legs.”

He laughed too, “Yea! Luckily the damage was minor and you should be up and walking in no time.”

“She's been asking to have visitors. I told her that she's in no condition to have visitors,” the nurse said.

He sighed, looked at me, and said, “Let her. We don't know how long she has.” Then they left.

“Thank goodness you're all right!” Chris said as he walked in.

“Yea! Hey do you know what the doctors ment by they didn't know how long I had left? I thought Michal shot me in the leg.” He looked upset.

The he kissed my forehead and said, “We thought so too, but turns out he also shot you in the stomach. The doctors got it out in time. They still think though that you might not make it. But that's a slim chance.” I sighed. At least I know who killed my parents, I thought.

Just then the doctor came in with a smile on his face. “Great news! Your test results came back. Looks like you're going to be just fine!” Chris and I both sighed. Chris kissed me. This was a little more intense than the last couple.

Max cam in and hugged me. “Max settle down,” I said as he jumped on me. Jessica came in. “Jessica?”

“Please, call me Jess! I hate being popular.” We all laughed. Chris's family came in. Taylor hugged me. So did everyone else. Then Mike and Jane came in. They kissed me and hugged me. Right then I saw two figures that I haven't seen for years.

“Mom, Dad?” Everyone turned around and gasped.

They could all see them. This must have been a dream. “Hi sweetheart,” Mom said. Then she came up and kissed me. I could feel this kiss, it was real.

Then Dad came up and said, “Hey Kendie Bear!” Dad always used to call me that when I got scared. Then I hugged him. I was wondering if this was real or not.

“Is this a dream because it has to be.”

Mom looked at me with that smile I know and love and said, “No sweetie we're here. We're really here.”

I started to tear up. Then I asked, “But how?”

As Mom was hugging Max when she said, “Well before you were born there was a friend of ours that was a witch and she said, 'You will die after your second child is born and if justice is served you'll be resurrected but not before then'. Since Michal got some justice, we're back.”

Max stared at me and asked, “Kendal who are these people?”

I laughed, “Well the lady that just hugged you is our real mommy and that big guy over that is our daddy.” Then Max hugged Mom. “But I still don't understand one thing. When you were in my dreams was that really you guys warning me.” They nodded. “Oh Mom, Dad you haven't met Chris. Chris this is my mom and dad.” They shook hands.

The police came in with Nick, handcuffed. Chris sat on the bed and we all knew was just protecting me. The police officer said, “This boy would just like to apologize.”

Then Nick stepped up. “I know my actions were wrong. I don't expect you to forgive me but I want you to know that I truly am sorry.”

“I forgive you Nick buy you know that this doesn't change anything.” He nodded and left.

I was trying not to fall asleep. “Kendal, you're getting tired. We should leave,” Mom said.

I yawned, “No I'm fine. Don't go.” I was afraid of losing them again.

She shook her head and said, “I promise you, we'll be back tomorrow.” Then they came up to kiss my forehead, took Max, and left. Then Mike and Jane left. The only one who didn't leave was Chris.

“I'm staying. I'm not going to risk your safety anymore,” he said. I nodded. He kissed me and turned off the light. I was out.

Mom and Dad were in the kitchen, cooking dinner. Then the door knocked and I got up to answer it. It was Chris, but something was different about him. “Chris are you okay?” I went up to hug him. Once I did I felt something wet. I looked at my hands and there was blood on it. “Chris, what's going on?” Then he closed his eyes and fell.

That's when I woke up. I was breathing heavily. Chris was sleeping at the side of my bed. I shook him and he woke up. I took a sigh of relief. “What's wrong Kendal?” I told him about the dream and he hugged me when I was done.

“What if this isn't done? What if there's someone who still wants to kill me?”

He shook his head. “I won't let that happen. I promise, I'll do whatever it takes.” I nodded.

Mom and Dad came in around noon time. “Chris, can you get me some lunch? I don't care what.” He looked worriedly at me. “I'll be fine. Mom and Dad are here.” He nodded and left.

“Why is he so protective of you lately?” Asked Mom.

“Well I had a dream last night and it scared us both.” They just nodded and continued on with their conversations. Then the nurse came in with a man. I didn't know him, but he seemed familiar for some reason.

“This is Matt. He said he's working on your case.”

“I thought they caught Michal and I know they have Nick.” I said worriedly.

“Um...Well about that... Michal escaped kind of escaped.” I screamed. That was when Chris walked in. He came over to comfort me.

“I can't believe this! I-I-I just can't!”

“I know this must be difficult-”

“No! This is more than difficult! This is madness!”

“We're doing everything we can Kendal.”

“Obviously that's not enough!”

“Kendal they're trying. Just calm down.” Chris hugged me. All I could do is hug him back. I can't believe he's still out there looking for me.

“Back in school eh Kendal? Is this going to be more then one day,” Lucas asked. He was the big shot of our school. I nodded. Michal was still out there, I thought. Chris patted my back. I guess he knew I was going to say that.

At lunch Jess told us to sit with her. Jess and I have been pretty close. I don't know what it is but everyone seems to notice me now. Jess's whole table acted as if we have been friends forever instead of a few days.

Matt, my caseworker, came to the cafeteria. I nudged Chris and gestured toward Matt. Chris nodded, and I knew what that ment. Matt headed toward us. “Hey Kendal are you listening,” Jess said. I didn't reply.

“Hello Kendal remember me? Well, I got great news, Michal is in jail!”

I looked at Chris. He nodded. “Really? That's great!” Then Matt left.

“Well that was really weird,” Tyler, one of the guys at my table said. I nodded. Something felt funny. I don't know what it could be. Either they don't have Michal or Matt is the person that I felt coming for me next.

Chris drove me home and when we got there, there was a strange car in the lot. “Do you know who's car that is.” I asked Chris. He shook his head.

When we got in Mom, Dad, and a lady I didn't know were in the living room. “Oh! Hi Kendal! This is Clair. She wants to become our new assistant. Clair this is my daughter, Kendal and her boyfriend, Chris.” Clair turned around and I could feel Chris stiffen up. He said hi and pulled me up to my room.

“What is it? What's wrong?”He looked really worried.

“Clair- did you notice how pale she was?”

I nodded and said, “I still don't know where you're getting at here Chris.”

“Clair is a ghost. She can change form so that means she's a demon.”

“Should I warn my parents?”

He shook his head and said, “Let’s see what she wants.”

After a day or so nothing else happened. One day I told Chris to take me to the prison.

“Why would you want to visit Nick?”

“Nick's my best friend and really he's not the one who killed my parents or tried to kill me. Plus I think he knows more about Michal than any of us.”

When Nick came in and sat at the table I smiled. “Hey Nick,” I said.

“What do you want?” Okay, he was still upset about everything.

“I need to know what you know about Michal.”

He chuckled. “Okay. He has on ally out of this place.”

“Did he tell you who?”

He nodded. “He said her name was Clair.”

I looked at Chris. Looks like we do need to warn Mom and Dad, I thought.

I was sitting at the dinner table with Mom, Dad, Max, and our new assistant, Clair. Now that I know Clair is a ghost and is helping Michal, I'm very careful of what I say around her and my family. Max was hogging down his dinner, like usual. “I'm so glad I get to have dinner with my lovely children again.” Mom said.

I smiled. Then the door bell rang and I jumped. Chris knows when dinner is usually done. “I'll get it.” I got up to answer the door. When I did, I didn't expect to see a police officer and Taylor, Chris's sister. Taylor was crying.

“Is there a Kendal Jameson here?” The police officer asked.

“That's me. What can I do for you?” I was starting to get worried.

“Chris is missing!” Taylor cried out.

“What?” He couldn't be missing! I drove him home today.

“We thought he would be with you because that's where he said he was going.” Taylor said through the tears.

“Officer I assure you, I haven't seen Chris since school ended. If I did then I wouldn't be this worried.” I said.

“Thank you, Kendal. I promise that I'll let you know if we find anything.”

I nodded, thanked them, and closed the door. I got back to the table and Clair was just getting off the phone.

“Bad news. The guy who attacked you, Kendal, he escaped.” She said.

I stood frozen. Gasp went out the whole room. Suddenly the puzzle pieces clicked. Michal wanted revenge and went through Chris to get it.

“Who was at the door, Kendal?” Max asked.

I shook my head to get out of my day dream. “It was Taylor and a police officer. They came to say that Chris was missing.”

“Oh my gosh! Does this have anything to do with Michal, you think?” Mom asked.

“I don't know but I'm going to talk to Nick tomorrow about it.”

I was shaking the whole way through dinner. Michal has every reason to take Chris and kill him. I just can't think of anything happening to him. One good thing, well probably the only good thing going on now, is my birthday coming up. Wow! So much has happened I almost forgot to send out my invitations. Although, now I'm not into doing a party with everything that's going on. I guess I have to though because my grandparents are coming form California.

“Kendal, do you still want to have your birthday party this week?” Mom asked.

I nodded, “I'm turning 17. I can't just pause my life until I find Chris.” Even tough I wanted to, I thought.

The next day I woke up feeling like something else bad will happen. I don't know why, but I just have this feeling. I got ready for school. As I was, I saw someone looking at me and watching me through my window. I looked out. I prayed to God that it wasn't Michal. But all I could see is a shadow figure.

When I got to school everyone come up crowding me. (If you only could've seen them these past few months. I hate attention!) They were making sure I was okay and protected. Obviously they heard about Michal,I thought. Then Ian, a popular jock, mentioned Chris asking, “ Why isn't Chris here?”

I tried to get out of there as fast as I could. But they stopped me. I sighed and said two words, “He's missing.” Gasp went out the whole parking lot.

During lunch, I got the feeling I was being watched again. Jessica was telling everyone about my birthday party. “Kendal! What's up with you? This is your party we're talking about.” She said.

“Yea I know. Does anyone else feel like they're being watched?” Everyone shook their head no.

“Kendal! What are you doing sitting with the populars?” A voice called. I would recognize that voice anywhere. He sat down next to me. It was Nick.

“Nick I thought you were in jail until we graduate.” Jessica said.

“I was, but I got a pardon. Really all I did was give information to Michal. So where's Chris?”

I shook my head. I was done talking about it. I got up and went outside.

Nick came out. “Look, I'm sorry I did what I did. But that doesn't mean we can't still be friend-”

“Michal escaped!” I interrupted him. He was at a lost for words. “Michal escaped and Chris is missing.”

“Look, Kendal, I had absolutely nothing to do with this.”

“Oh yea? Who do you think tried to give you a pardon and succeeded? I sure didn't.” I said.

“If he got me out just to hurt you, I won't.”

“I need information. Anything you might have on Michal, I need it. To save Chris's life.”

“Look, I don't know much. All I know is that Clair is out there and he hates Chris and you for getting him in jail.”

“That means I got to get Clair in a room on my own,” I thought out loud.

He laughed, “If you know where she is.”

I smiled. “Of course I do! She's living with me!” He gasped and I went back to lunch.

When I got home, I called for Clair. When she came I told her to meet me upstairs. When she did, I said, “I know what you are an who your working with.”

She looked confused, like I had the wrong person.

“Don't give me that look. You're going to tell me everything you know and your going to tell me now.”

She smiled a kinda creepy smile. “You wanna know where your precious boyfriend is then go to the graveyard.”

I shook my head. I wasn't going to hear this. “Tell me the truth because I can have you fired and sent of to Tim-buck- two before you and say 'Tim-buck two.'”

“I'm not telling you anything.”

“TELL ME!” Next thing I knew she threw me across the room. I felt the back of my head, and it was bleeding.

My parents came running in. “Is everything okay? We heard.... Oh my God, Kendal what happened?!?”

“What happened? I'll tell you what happened. Your assistant threw me across the room.”

They looked at Clair. I told you that I could get you fired, I thought. “Look, I don't think this is going to work out. You're fired.” Mom said nicely.

Clair nodded. “Can I tell Kendal something? He is in the graveyard. You just have to explore.”

My dad was trying to fix my head when the door opened. I was hoping it was Jess because I told her to just walk in. It turned out to be my grandparents. “Hey everyone! Kendal, what happened? Did you fall down the steps again,” Grandpa asked.

I laughed. “Not exactly, Grandpa!”

“Hey Maxamillion! How are you?” Grandma said to Max.

“So are we still having this party with your head banged up?” Grandpa asked.

Mom turned to me, “It's your decision.”

I nodded. “We're having the party.”

When Jess arrived it was really a party. Although I wasn't in a big party mood, but when Jess is there you have to put on a smile. Toward the time we were going to have cake the door knocked. I jumped. Everyone that was invited was here. I went to answer it.

“Kendal-you-have-to-come-with-me. You're in danger” It was Taylor. She was out of breath.

“I can't leave now. I'm in the middle of my party. You can come in if you want.”

She looked around. “I think I have to.”

I tried to go back to the party, but the door knocked again. I went to open it, but Taylor stopped me. “There are too many people here for him to hurt me. If he was smart he would wait and leave me alone now.” I whispered.

I went to open the door and I was right. It was Michal. Now I don't know what to say. “H-Hi.”

“Kendal! Happy birthday! I hope I'm not late.”

“You really think that I would let you in after all you did to me? I'm still limping!”

“I know you must hate me-”

“I don't 'must hate you', I do hate you.” I interrupted him and slammed the door in his face. I hope that hurt, I thought.

The door knocked again. Mom was about to answer it until I stopped her and shook my head. She understood when she saw my expression.

No one else noticed what was happening. I guess that was a good thing. I don't need everyone worrying at a party. The cake was really good. All I could think about is Chris though. All of a sudden the phone rang. I went to answer it. “Hello?”

“Kendal! Oh thank God your alright! I almost died to get to a phone and-”

“Chris?”

“Yes it's me. Happy birthday! I sent you your gift. You should get it in a few days.”

“Chris! Michal escaped! He came to my party!”

“I know. He just got back. I can't say much now, but I can say this. I love you Kendal!”

The phone went off the hook before I could say anything. “Chris! Chris!” Nothing happened. I hung up.

“That was Chris! What did he say?” Taylor asked.

“Not much. He knows who took him though, and so do I.”

“Who?”

“Michal.”

“Wait then why didn't Michal bring Chris with him?”

“I guess he didn't want me to know that he took him.”

“This still doesn't make since. If Chris can get to a phone, then he should be able to get here.”

“I don't think so because Chris said that he almost died to get to a phone.”

“I'm so confused?”

“There's one thing I don't understand. If, while Michal was here, Chris was being watched by Clair, then Chris could easily get through Clair to get to here.”

“What are you saying? Do you think there's more than just one person helping Michal?”

“I don't know. But if there is, then I hope to God that it's not Nick.”

“What if it is?”

“Then Nick's going to be on a very bad level with me, because he told me he wasn't involved.”

“We have known Nick to lie.”

“I only have once. I hope he learned and doesn't do it again.”

“Nick!” I yelled across the parking lot the next morning at school.

“Yes your highness!”

“Don't play with me Nicolas Chester! I know you lied to me about not knowing anything about Chris's disappearance!” When ever I use Nick's full name he knows I'm mad.

“Look! I told you what I know.”

“No you didn't Nick! Because if you did, Chris wouldn't of almost died to make sure I was alright! He wouldn't of had told me the he knew Michal escaped!” I was almost in tears. “The only thing he said was-was...Oh never mind what he said! The point is I want to know the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. No. More. Lies!”

He just stood there. “Kendal, I don't know much-”

“But you know something.” I interrupted him.

“Meet me at my place after school. I'll tell you everything I know.”

After school, I met Nick at his place. “Okay, I'm not playing any games now! Tell me what you know.”

“Okay, so Michal told me he was definitely going to get revenge on you and Chris for putting him I jail. When he told me this, he didn't have anything planed. But, he started going crazy. Yelling in the middle of meals, talking to himself, you know stuff like that.”

“Did the guards ever do anything about the outbursts?”

“No. One day he asked to see me so he did. He told me he had a plan. This is when he mentioned Clair. He told me that she was going to do something, he didn't tell me what, to Chris. When he escaped, it wasn't a surprise to anyone. That's all I know. I swear.

“What comes to your mind when I say, 'graveyard?'”

“Dead people.”

“Nick...”

“Sorry, sorry. Well when Michal wanted to meet me, he would say, 'Meet me in the graveyard.' I guess that's where he lives or something.”

Clair's not dead. So she has to be out there. I don't know what Michal and her are planing, but it has something to do with me. I still have questions.

“Okay, so you don't know what Michal has in mind?”

“No.”

“I just don't understand any of this. If you two worked together, why is he not telling you his plan?”

“Maybe because he knows that I could run and tell you.”

“So I'm back to square one.”

“What's square one?”

“Not knowing a thing!” I sighed, “Why is it always back to square one?”

“I'm sorry I can't help.”

“It's not your fault. I just wish-”

“What?”

“Did you say that you think Michal lives in the graveyard?”

“Yea. Why?”

“Because, remember that Halloween project we had to do in seventh grade?

“Yea!”

“Well I did mine on ghost.”

“And-”

“And it said that most ghost live in graveyards!”

“And this is getting us where?”

“If what you said is true, then the only logical explanation is Michal's a ghost!”

“Can that be possible?”

“Oh it's possible!”

“I still think it's crazy, but if it makes you feel better then sure.” It was crazy but not impossible?”

I was heading to Chris's house and thinking of what to do. Man! My arm has been itching and burning since my party. Taylor said to go to her place after school. She wanted to know what I knew.

I got to her place and the car door opened with out anyone there. I jumped then said, “Taylor, I'm not in the mood for this.”

“Sorry.” She said as she appeared. “Oh my God, Kendal! What happened to your arm?!?!”

“I-I don't know. It's been bugging me since my party.”

“I think we need to get you to a doctor.”

“No really! I'm.....I'm.....” Then everything was black.

When I woke up, I guess I was in the hospital. “Chis?”

“He's still missing. Kendal. Your parents are on their way.” It was Sarah, Chris's mother. She sounded so much like a mother should. Clam and gentle.

“What happened?” My arm was still burning.

“You were talking to me about your arm and then you just passed out.” Taylor said.

“Do they know what's wrong with my arm?” I asked. It looked worse then it did before.

“They think it's an allergic reaction to something. They are running test right now to see what.” Zac, Chris's brother, said.

“What are we going to do about Michal?” I asked.

“Don't worry about that now. You just focus on getting better.” Sarah said.

“I can't focus on anything else! Look, no one knows this, but I've been having dreams, strange dreams, since Chris went missing. They are all about Chris. Chris this and Chris that. I can't think of anything but getting Chris back.” I was almost in tears.

“We'll find him don't worry.” Tyler, Chris's dad, said.

“Okay. I think I have a place to start looking.

“Where?” All of them asked.

“The graveyard.” Just then my parents walked in.

“Kendal are you alright! Sorry it took so long for us to get here. We had to take Max to Tammi.” Tammi is Max's babysitter. She was also my babysitter when I was younger.

“That's okay, Mom. I just woke up not too long ago.” Mom has always been so over protective. When me or my brother is hurt, she's right there.

Then the doctor came in. “I have good news and bad news. The good news is that your rash is not an allergic reaction. The bad news is that we don't know what it is.”

“Well do you know if it's contagious?” Mom asked.

“We know that it's not contagious.” Everyone let out a deep breath.

“So I can go right?”

“Yes. We just want to wrap your arm up so it doesn't get infected.”

Taylor and Zac came over after school to talk about some plans to get Chris back. Something has to be done. “Do you think we should get the police involved?” Zac asked.

“No! Especially if this has to do with witchcraft. You don't want to be exposed do you?”

“What did you mean by the graveyard?” Taylor asked.

“That's where Nick always meet Michal, and Clair told me something about the graveyard.”

“So you want to start looking for Chris in the graveyard?” Zac asked.

I nodded, “But, we can't just walk into the graveyard like any normal people. We need to think of someway to go in and not have Michal suspect us.”

“What if I walk invisible and Dad shifts into a dog or something. Then Dad and I will just walk into the graveyard.” Taylor suggested.

“That could work Taylor.” Zac said.

“Yea! Well, see if your dad likes it, and if he does, then we will carry it out tomorrow after school.” I said. Hopefully, just hopefully, this will work.

“He knew we were coming!” It was Taylor coming in the house from the graveyard.

“What? How?” I asked. Our plan was foolproof, I thought.

“We don't know. All we know is that we couldn't get in, and Michal came out with a Chis, in a death grip.” Taylor said.

I sat down and put my head in my hands. “If it helps we found this before he was there to take it.” Taylor handed me a piece of paper. I looked at it confused. It was a letter written in brile. I don't know what it said but the words looked like this...

15 4875926 35 0335 779976

“Do you know what it says?” I asked. They shook their heads. “Then we're back to square one.”

“If we find out what it says then we're not back to square one.” Sarah said.

“The-the dreams are getting worse.” I said.

“How? Are there more of them?” Zac asked.

I shook my head, “They're turning into bloody nightmares. They feel so real, that I'm afraid I will hurt someone without knowledge. And, oh I almost forgot!” I pulled my sleeves up to show cuts and bites all up and down my arms.

“Oh my God!”

“What is it?” Taylor asked.

“I don't know. I wake up with more on my arms every morning I have the nightmares. You see I can't just wait till we crack the code. We need to get Chris, and we need to get him now. For his sake and mine.”

“So you think that your nightmares are real life. How is that possible?” Taylor asked.

“I don't know, but I'm scared.” I said.

“Have you told your parents about this?” Sarah asked.

“No. I haven't told anyone but you guys. And it's going to stay that way. Okay?”

They nodded. “I still think you should tell someone else other than us.”

“And what are they going to say? 'Yep you're crazy!' I already know I'm crazy. That's why I need to get to Chris.”

“Kendal, we'll find him. We're doing everything we can. I don't know what else we can do.” Taylor said.

“We can figure out what this means as soon as possible.”

“If you have another nightmare let someone know. I really don't care if it's your parents you can't keep things like this from anyone for long.”

“I know. I just don't know what to tell my parents.”

“Well could the dreams expose us?” Zac asked.

“Depends on the dream. Some dreams can, and some can't.”

“Don't worry. They will go away.”

“I know.” I just hoped that it was soon. I could not stand this pain.

I was walking through the park. Max was in front of me. “Come on Kendal! Jenna is waiting for us!”

“You just keep going Max, and I'll catch up!” As I was walking I saw a familiar shadow. It looked like the shadow that was in my room before I met Chris. As I got toward him, I could see that it was Michal.

“Be careful of the girl.” He kept repeating.

“Chris!” I thought that since Michal was here maybe Chris was too. Michal reached into his pocket and pulled out a knife. I ran.

As I was running, I ran into something. I looked up to see what it was. It was Chris. “Chris!” I hugged him. I never wanted to let him go.

“I'm here, Kendal. I'm right here.”

“Don't ever leave me again.”

“I hate to break up this little love feast but Kendal, you have to choose.” Michal was behind me. I turned around to see Max with a knife to his throat.

“Max!”

“Kendal you have to choose. Is it Max or Chris?” I didn't want to give up Chris, but Max was my little brother. The next thing I knew the knife was in my stomach.

I woke up screaming. My parents came running in. “Sweetheart, this is the fifth time this week. Is everything alright?” Mom asked.

I nodded, “I just can't stop worrying about Chris.”

“Kendal, everything is going to be alright.” Dad said. Then they kissed me and left.

As soon as they left I checked my stomach. And, right where the knife was, there was a scar. The dreams must be connected, I thought.

Then it hit me. I grabbed the note Tyler and Taylor found. I had to find out what it ment. Michal was murmuring something at the beginning of the dream. Something like, “Be careful of the girl.” What could that mean?

I went to my computer. I did a whole bunch of research. Then I found it. Be careful of the girl. What could that mean? Then it hit me again. The only person Michal would write to is Clair. The note has to do with me!

I did more research. Oh my gosh. I thought about this at Nick's house. Michal must know I know. That's what he means by, be careful of the girl. I picked up the phone.

“Hello?”

“Taylor! It's Kendal!”

“Kendal, what are you doing up in the middle of the night?”

“I figured out what the note means!”

“You did? What's it say?”

“It says, 'Be careful of the girl.'”

“What does that mean?”

“Michal only has one person to write to. That's Clair!”

“But who's the girl?”

“Me.”

“Why would it be you?”

“I'll tell you later! I can't explain it over the phone.”

“Okay. I'm going back to bed.”

“Okay. Talk to you tomorrow.” I can't believe we didn't see this before. We are all completely stupid.

I stayed up the rest of the night. I was too afraid and too eager to go back to sleep. “Kendal, you look like you got zero sleep.” It was Nick.

“Yea! I was up most of the night because of my nightmares.”

“Oh I didn't know you were having nightmares-”

“Kendal!” It was Jess. “A bunch of us girls are having a sleepover at my place after school! Wanna come?”

“Um, I was going to meet Chris's family.”

“Oh come on! You need to get your mind off of Chris.”

I sighed, “When am I at your place?”

“7 okay? See you at lunch!”

“Well that was random.” Nick said. I pulled out the note. “Be careful of the girl? What's that supposed to mean?”

“It's to Clair. It's about me.”

“Okay.”

At one minute before seven, I was on Jess's porch. “Kendal! I'm really glad you came!” Jess yelled when she answered the door. “Okay everyone, Kendal is here! Now it's a party!”

The phone range and everyone jumped. Jess answered it. “Hello? Yes. Hang on. Kendal, it's for you.”

I took the phone. “Hello?”

“You think you're so smart sending Tyler and Taylor to rescue Chris.” It was Michal.

“Look, all I was is Chris free, safe and sound. I'll do anything.”

“Anything?”

“Yes, Michal. Anything.”

“Meet me at the graveyard tomorrow after school.”

“Can I talk to Chris?”

“You can do that tomorrow.” Then the phone went off the hook.

“Was that Michal?” Kathrine asked. I nodded.

“Is he going to get Chris go?” Jess asked.

“I don't know.”

I couldn't sleep. One, I was too excited to see Chris. Two, I was nervous about what Michal might do since I said that I would do anything.

“Kendal, what are you doing up?” It was Jess.

“I can't sleep.”

“Are you worried about Chris?”

“Yea and other things that I can't explain.”

“Okay. If you need anything, let me know.”

“Will do.” I was still confused. Chris is strong enough to get away from Michal and Clair. There had to be another person. But, who?

After school I drove to the graveyard. Hopefully, Michal would hold up his end of the deal. I got to the graveyard and Chris and Michal were at the entrance. “Sorry it took me so long. Traffic was surprisingly busy.” I said.

“It's alright. You came, that's what matters.” Michal said with a scary smile. When I got close enough he let go of Chris,who ran to me. “You have one hour.” Then Michal left.

“Kendal, you don't have to do this.” Chris said.

“If it's your freedom, then yes I do-”

“Kendal, I can put up with the torture. I know you, and I know that you can't.”

“Yes, but I also can't put up with you gone.” I pulled up my sleeves.

“You didn't do this on your own, did you?”

“No, I didn't. I think somehow Michal is getting to me in my sleep.”

“The note.”

“What note? Chris, what note are you talking about?”

“Michal wrote Clair a note-”

“Be careful of the girl.”

“Yea, how did you know that?” I pulled out the note.

“Taylor and your dad found it when they tried to save you.” Then all of the sudden he kissed me. It wasn't the “I love you” kiss. It was the “You're in trouble and I'll always protect you” kiss.

“I love you.” I said.

“I love you too. I have a plan. I have a plan. Call Taylor. We will need her powers.”

Before we knew it Taylor was pulling up. “Why didn't you tell me you were saving Chris?”

“I had no time.” I said.

“Look, we don't have a lot of time. Kendal and I will stall Michal while you go get Mom, Dad, and Zac. Then on my signal, we attack.”

“What if Clair is there?” Taylor asked.

“We'll be ready.”

Then Taylor left.

“What if Nick's with them?” I asked.

“Why? Has Nick said anything?”

“No, but you're strong enough to handle Michal and Clair. They would of needed one more person.”

“I don't think Nick would help them. He wouldn't hurt you again.”

“I guess you're right.”

“I know I'm right.” Then he kissed me. “Our hour is almost up.”

“That sucks. I wonder what Michal will do.”

“Knowing Michal, he'll probably trade you in for me.”

“Would you let him do that?”

“Not a chance.” We both laughed and hugged each other. It was so good to hear, feel, and see him again. I just hope it will last longer than an hour.

“Time's up love birds!” Michal was walking up with Clair and- NICK!

“Nick, what do you think you're doing?!?!”

“He told me you wouldn't get hurt.”

“He told you that last time and look what happed.”

“Okay look, all I want from Kendal is Max.” Michal said.

“He wasn't part of the deal, so you leave him out of this.” I said.

“You said anything.”

“I didn't mean my brother!”

“Look, it's either Max, you, or Chris.”

Then all of a sudden there was a stabbing pain in my left wrist. “What do you think you're doing Michal?” Chris yelled.

“Helping her make her decision easier.” Michal said.

“By almost killing her!”

“Look, you could always kill me!” Michal said.

“You know I might just do that.”

“You and what army?” When Michal said that Chris's family showed up. Michal made a gesture to Clair.

Then she had me in a death grip. Before she could kill me, though, Chris had her in a death grip. “I'll snap her neck and then you're not hard to kill at all.”

“Go ahead! I still have... um what's your name again?” That was toward Nick.

“Nick, Michal. It's Nick.” Nick said.

“Nick he can't even remember your name. I promise you, I'm not the bad guy. He is.” Chris said.

Then I remembered what I found on line. So I found a stick and stabbed it through, Clair's stomach. She blew up almost instantly.

“How- How did you do that?”

“You see Michal, if you were around more you'd know that I did a project on ghost. Also guess what they say is the most popular hang out spot for ghost. That's right a graveyard.”

“Kendal, what are you saying?” Sarah asked.

“I'm saying that-”

“That three years ago Michal died in a car crash.” Man I hate when he does that. But I took the stick and stabbed it through Michal.

It was over. It was finally over. Just one more piece of business to take care of. “Nick, run. Run and never come back.” He did.

“Wow! I didn't think Michal was a ghost.” Chris said. All I could do was kiss him. He was safe and I was safe. “What was that for?”

“I haven't seen you in three months and you ask what that was for?”

He laughed. “Yep!”

“You know you are very irritating sometimes.”

“I get that a lot.” Then he kissed me.

I wish I could express how I felt the next morning, but I couldn't. All I heard all morning was, “Chris! Chris! Chris!” I think Chris was even getting tired of it.

“Good news guys! Michal's dead!” It was my caseworker. All Chris and I could do was burst out laughing.

“Yea! We know.” I said.

“Okay.” Then he left.

“Oh Kendal! They didn't mail you birthday gift so here.” It was a necklace that said. K+C. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

“I love it!”

“I had a feeling you might.” Then he kissed me.

“Aww!” Everyone at our table said. Then we immediately stopped.

“Don't you guys have someone else to annoy?”

“Nope!” We all laughed then. Then Chris got really tense. And then he just snapped out of it.

“Kendal come with me.” He said. He walked me to my locker.

“What?” What is it?” I asked.

“You and your family need to leave, now.”

“What are you talking about?”

“There's a new threat coming.”

“Bigger than Michal?”

He nodded. I was still confused.

“How do you know?”

“I can see the future now. It's a new power.”

“Wait, so you have a new power now?”

He nodded. “I'm still trying to learn how to control it so I don't exposed us but when I tensed up in there, I was having a vision.”

“What did you see?”

“People who are not very friendly to me and my family.”

“Where they coming here?”

He nodded. “I wish I didn't have to tell you this. But, it's for your own safety and your family's.”

“So you want us to move.”

“Yes but make it seem like you're the one concerned not me. Okay!”

“Okay. What are you going to do?”

“Well, I'm going to find them and try to stop them. So to do that I need to leave for a little while before they get here.”

“When do you think you'll be back?”

“I don't know.”

“I wish people could just leave us alone.”

“I know but when we get rid of these guys, I'm sure we won't have any more problems.” He kissed me.

Why can't my life be normal? Oh wait, I'm in love with a warlock. I forgot.