Blessed Curse [Working Title]

Author's note: I know it doesn't seem like the actual story follows the summary, but it will make sense soon....  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I know it doesn't seem like the actual story follows the summary, but it will make sense soon. Oh! And A LOT of this is being drafted and the chapters are named by whoever's POV it is.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Amelia

“Dang it!” I shout as my eyeliner slips.
I slam my hands on the counter, trying to stop them from shaking, but to no avail. I continue shaking as I reach for my communication pad and enter the number of my favorite make-up artist. I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach I would regret this call.
“Hey, you reached Sexy, what can I get you?” her voice melts over the crystal clear speaker.
“Wow, did Joseph tell you to start saying that?” I ask sarcastically, snickering.
Don't forget to comment and rate!
“Nope, your boyfriend did. Just kidding Hun, whatcha need?” Payton asks in her usually silky voice.
I hold up my eyeliner in defeat and answer, “A steady hand? I can’t grab this freaking thing to save my life.”
The call disconnects and I hear Ramon, my Boston terrier, yawning. I look over at the tiny puppy with so many wrinkles and grin. I retrieve my dirty clothes that are lying around and unlock and disarm my doors.
Not two minutes later, my door is thrown open and the honey haired teen grabs my face. Her chocolate colored eyes take in my golden tan face. I know that I am in trouble when she grins, shuts the door and orders me to follow her.
She leads me to my bedroom first, and pulls out some of my more revealing clothes. She retrieves one of my jade blouses and a black skirt. She then gives me an incredulous look and hands me the revealing outfit.
“Guess my little Amelia turns into quite the party girl at night, huh?” Payton teases, leaving for the bathroom to set up.
Knowing she wouldn’t help me until after I was dressed how she wanted me to be, I slip into the skirt that I had no memory of purchasing and the top that I had never seen before. Curious as to how many other outfits I owned that I had never seen before, I make a reminder to go through my clothes.
When I have pulled on the clothes as much as possible to make them cover more, I head to the bathroom. In the short distance I find my dog, Ramon, waddling across the floor. His short bowed legs move as fast as they can to me, the small, blue eyed puppy wanting attention.
“Aww, hey Ramon! You can get attention in a minute, right now your momma needs her make-up,” I coo as I rub his wrinkled head.
Payton leans out the door frame with a raised eyebrow then she asks, “Are you ready?”
I take a deep breath then follow the sauntering Payton into the restroom. It now looks like the inside of a beauty salon with make-up strewn everywhere and heating hair irons.
“Okay, let’s give you the sweet and innocent look. It’ll look good with that outfit,” she decides as she grabs the cone shaped hair iron and begins forming my hair into beautiful ringlets.
After she has sprayed the last tornado with hairspray, I am turned around to face her. Payton instructs me to close my eyes and begins to click open different make-up containers. My head soon grows heavy with weariness and I am awoken to Payton shaking me gently and asking me to open my eyes. She finishes my make-up with mascara then spins me to face the mirror.
“What- what is this?” I say gazing in awe at the face that looks mine but more like Payton’s with heavy make-up and a party-girl look. “You said ‘innocent’!”
She grins and replies, “Imagine what my ‘guilty’ looks like.”
My jaw drops as I try to shake the image from my mind by literally shaking my head. I see Ramon cover his eyes with his paws after he whimpers. I scoop Ramon into my tan arms and laugh at how well he acted out his part. Payton, however, seems less impressed.
“You ready for school, or not?” she asks as she impulsively checks her visual and text communication devise again.
“Ooh! Joseph sent me a message!” she squealed as she skipped around my house and sent him a reply.
“Pay-a-ton! Let’s go, I’m not gonna be late again. I’m pretty sure that pint-sized genius wants to strangle me,” I whine, using her nickname.
She gives me an incredulous look then follows me out the door.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Crimson_Lilly said...
Don't be afraid to critisize guys, I love contructive critisism!