If Love Were a Fairytale

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

First

The bright world, green and red and blue circled around like a whirl wind as they twirled, hand in hand. He spun her around caught her as she leaned back precariously. Her soft blue skin stood in soft contrast with the vivid colorful world around them. He deftly pulled her back up and she spun away from him until she was as far away as their arms would allow them. She looked into his face, as blue as hers and just as happy. He was just a little taller so when she turned back in close to him it felt natural. Around them the world sang, and the trees as green as the brightest of emeralds, swayed in natural musical rhythm. The female released his hand a grabbed one of the long red vine that hung almost to the ground from the trees. Her gaze never left his as she pushed off and softly floated around him.
They were the first that morning, but as the sun rose more began to arrive. Dozens of couples danced around them in the bright forest. All of them had the same beautiful, smooth, blue sin and tall, slender bodies; the same small, fragile noses, and large intense green eyes. Most noticeably, however, was the large bright blue diamond that each one had placed onto his forehead. Occasionally it would catch the sunlight, sending beams of blue colored light every which way. Each of the creatures was unique. They did this all day, whirling and swirling to the rhythm of the world, never growing tired or disinterested. He grabbed her waist and spun her around. The world blurred into a collage of colors, but she trusted him, and he never dropped her.
Then, it was over. The sun sank and with a regretful sigh he spun her one last time and gently tossed her in the air. She flew through the air like a majestic butterfly that he just been released and then she landed perfectly balanced. The sun was quickly waning and the groups were beginning to head north as they always did. She took a step forward in the direction of the others and then looked back. He had not moved. Confusion. She ran back and grabbed his hand, tugging at it gently, but he only looked at her sadly. She did not understand. Uncertainly, she took another step away and then another, looking back to see if he would follow. He did not move. Then, she realized he was not coming. Regret crossed her face, but she could not stay. She turned her shoulder as if she were going to walk away, but then- almost as an afterthought- she turned back and bounded back to him and kissed him on the cheek. Than she was gone: just like the others.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Layne Hosick said...
Apr. 25, 2012 at 3:05 am:
aww...so good! Sheesh such a romantic :P

Kyle_Roundtree said...
Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:38 am:

Great book im loving it

Atl.Braves03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:00 am:
Thanks! I appreciate the comment

DanielM. said...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:55 am:
Im just still reading, but i can tell you that you have a gift, its filled with a lot of vivid descriptions and imagery, Great job. I countine reading it.

Stacy said...
I Loved it!

Writer_Jordan said...
Just started reading but I can tell already that it is very vivid and packed with descriptive detail, especially of actions..will continue reading!

Atl.Braves03This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:43 pm :
Thanks. Tell me what you think of it when you finish!

EbbaRose said...

This is great. i loved it. The story was really sweet and sad and the writing was beautiful.

Keep writing. :))

Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:02 am :
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it positive comment!

Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:49 pm :
*the positive comment

Nics friend said...
Excellent!!!!!