Myths of the Full Moon

Author's note: I wish to be a professional writer. This was one of the first novel ideas I ever had. I feel it...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I wish to be a professional writer. This was one of the first novel ideas I ever had. I feel it should be the first to bring me to my goal. This book is meant to be the first of a trilogy. It is not going to be anything like twilight either.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

Prologue

The night was calm and the forest was silent, eerily silent. As the nearly full moon rose above the treetops and into the sky, two figures approached each other. They both wore black cloaks with hoods that covered their faces. Their footsteps made nearly no sound on the forest ground even though it was covered by dead leaves and twigs. Once they came within a yard of each other they both turned toward one direction and kept walking side-by-side. The first and mildly shorter one of the two spoke after
The beginning of a great mystery. Hopefully.
a moment of silence.
“Have you made the arrangements?” the voice was obviously that of a woman’s.
“Yes, but I’m unsure whether the wolves loyalty is going to last. Their patience seems to be wearing thin.” The second cloaked one said, and while their voice was slightly deeper and huskier, it was still high pitched.
The first once again spoke, “Their loyalties will no longer matter once they have taken care of the nightslayer. Their usefulness will have then run out.”
“Should I watch over the proceedings of the mission?” the second one asked, sounding hopeful.
“No,” the first responded. Then, with a slight bit of amusement to her voice, she added, “I am confident the wolves will take care of everything just fine.” She knew, however, that her apprentice had quite a bit of fun watching over these missions for the sight of the deaths in progress.
“May I initiate the next phase of the plan then?” the apprentice asked, sounding slightly disappointed.
The first one answered with a long, “Yes,” that seemed to float through the air and resonate inside the eardrums of the second. During that moment the first faded away into the darkness of the forest, leaving her apprentice behind in the forest, surrounded by moonlight.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »