Adaptation

half.note
Adaptation
Summary: Johanson is one of many Adapted people who are used as identical puppets doing all the dirty work in a New World. Johanson is fine with his role of converting Un-adapted outlaws into one of the Adapted, until a girl named Keela is able to resist the painful Adaptation. Is Adapting everyone really the best choice? Johanson has to decide whether or not he'll risk his life to save Keela's.

This book has 7 comments. Post your own now!

Dynamo This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:45 am
So should I be a teasing blot or a strict critic? :P

half.noteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Haha, both I guess... :P

half.noteThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 12:29 am
Thanks, I really appreciate that. And I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

The.oRGaNiSm. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I dont have enough time to read it all yet, but I sure will! This is a very intriguing start to the story. Cant wait to read more!

IsabelleRamsay said...
This is a really well written story. it has a good plot and such, and you have really good grammar. But (yes, the horrible 'but') i think you should stretch it out more, maybe letting the readers see some of Keela and Johanson's past, maybe even The Captian? i think you should also let them see thosse days in Keela's cell, let Johanson and Keela's relationship stretch out more, become stronger. Hope those suggestions help! You should keep writing stories, you're really good at it!!!!! Byeee!!!

Hey there, I really appreciate the praise as well as the criticisms. To tell you the truth, when I first started writing this I had planned on it being a short story and had no idea where it would end up. When things started to get out of hand, I realized it would be better off as a novel. I totally agree that it would be nicer to show more of a background to the characters, but by the time I decided to turn it into a novel, I already had the characters developing and had started kind of in t... (more »)

IsabelleRamsay replied...
np, than you for posting it :3