The Perfect Soldier

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 Next »

VI

Matt went home the next morning and went to sleep on the couch. He slept throughout the whole day and woke up and the whole house was pitch black. He looked at a clock; it was 1:14 am. He rose to his feet and stumbled a bit and fell to the cold hard floor. He got up again and looked out the window. He was trying to remember his so called dream about Shawn and his injuries. He knew it wasn't a dream, but why couldn't anyone remember Shawn?

"Was it really a dream?" matt thought to himself.

He remembered chasing the soldiers, getting into the stronghold, seeing Shawn and the doctors, escaping the stronghold, getting home, it was all so vivid, it couldn't have been a dream. Matt looked outside into the black emptiness then ran outside quickly.

He ran to the side of the house where Shawn had parked his car. He opened the door and rustled through things, trying to find something that would prove Shawn existed. He failed to find anything that’d help him. So he went back inside and went to bed.
“If it wasn’t a dream, then why did the nurse make up an accident? And who was the first nurse I saw? Was she just a dream?” Matt thought.

The next morning Matt called the hospital hoping to find out more as to why the nurse made up his accident.
“I didn’t make it up Matt; the doctor assistant told me the story while you were asleep the first night you were here.” The nurse said.
“You told me you were the only nurse I had.”
“I was, she was the doctor’s assistant.”
“Okay, can I talk to a hospital administrator?”
“Sure it’ll be a few minutes before they can get to you, let me put you on hold.”
“Okay.” Matt said. After about fifteen minutes an administrator answered the phone.

“Hello, Verosha General Hospital Administrations Office how can I help you?” The man said.
“Hey my name is Matt Miller I was recently admitted to your hospital and I had a few questions for you.” Matt said.
“I’ll answer what I can for you. What are your questions?”
“My doctor is Dr. Willgood, but I was wondering what his assistant’s name was, my nurse told me his assistant was in my room.”
“Dr. Willgood? He hasn’t had an assistant in twenty years. Are you sure there was an assistant working with him?”
“The nurse said there was, this assistant told my nurse the story of my accident that was misunderstood completely.”
“Dr. Willgood just walked in, I’ll ask him.”

Matt could faintly hear the conversation from the other line then the Man got back on the phone.

“Matt are you still there?”
“Yeah.”
“Dr. Willgood said there wasn’t anyone working with him when you first came in, however he did see a woman in a nurse gown that wasn’t an employee. But he has no idea who she was or if she came to your room.”
“Okay thank you for your time.” Matt said before hanging up the phone.

writer112358 said...
Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:03 pm:
I agree. It's a good story, but don't tell as much. Show the reader the same information in the first page as part of the progression of the plot.

gavinbob said...
Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:10 pm:
I really like the names and vocabulary. Perhaps you could not explain so much in the first page. Maybe just get into it a little slower. Explain everything on the way; as the plot is progressing.

fk[s said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 9:35 am:
Too much information on the first page.