New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Perfect Soldier

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23 Next »

I

War, a method used since ancient times to gain territory, independence, power, or to achieve the “perfect world”. The year is 2113 and the world is at its darkest hour. Verosha is a small island that has isolated itself from all wars ever fought. For decades a large country of Kalhoun has been under siege of a ruthless dictator named Vilroy, his goal, simple, to take control over the entire planet of splice. His ruthless brutality strikes fear into all human’s on the planet, even the mention of his name can cause panic. His army is known as Vigilance. Everyone that works with Vigilance is just as ruthless and heartless as their leader Vilroy. They dominate countries without hesitation. They are not one’s to accept surrender; they murder all who stand in their way. Since the war’s beginning in 2095 Vilroy and his Vigilance army has taken over more then half of splice without a single defeat.

Vilroy is a large, tall strong man with long dark hair and illuminating, piercing red eyes. He wears a military uniform and a long black cape with the Vigilance insignia of the eight pointed red and black star on the back. Vilroy was a former military general who was known and feared for his brutality when he viciously murdered his enemies during the war of 2080 in which his father Morgan ruled over Kalhoun, looking to make the world, in his eye’s “Perfect”. He was defeated and killed in his sleep by an unknown assassin, who was never found. The war soon ended and ten years later, Vilroy has taken over Kalhoun to continue his father’s goal. After five years, the world is in peril.

Verosha and Kalhoun have been allies for generations and often trade goods across the ocean. Verosha is isolated far away from any other country except a larger but still small island of Kilmona. Kalhoun has promised peace to Verosha and Kilmona as long as they provide them with resources.

Kilmona and Verosha very close to each other, only a few miles apart. The governments are the same and people are very friendly towards each other.

Matt is a sixteen year old boy that is the son of a famous scientist that came up with the design of the linger, a vehicle that has the ability to travel on all terrains and through the air. Matt is a tall, lean, but strong teenager with short blonde hair and had scar on his face over his eye socket from when he was involved in a nasty collision during a game of Veerball, a game played on a circular field with four goals and four teams. The object of the game is to score the most goals in opponent’s nets anyway possible in the time limit.

Matt’s mother passed away due to complications during Matt’s birth. He has an older brother Shawn, who is twenty-three and his father’s partner in work. Shawn is a short, larger person with medium length black hair and a goatee.

writer112358 said...
Jul. 9, 2012 at 8:03 pm:
I agree. It's a good story, but don't tell as much. Show the reader the same information in the first page as part of the progression of the plot.

gavinbob said...
Jun. 15, 2012 at 12:10 pm:
I really like the names and vocabulary. Perhaps you could not explain so much in the first page. Maybe just get into it a little slower. Explain everything on the way; as the plot is progressing.

fk[s said...
Feb. 4, 2012 at 9:35 am:
Too much information on the first page.