Teito

Author's note: This is just a story I was writing. I just wanted a place to put it and see what people thought...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This is just a story I was writing. I just wanted a place to put it and see what people thought about it. I know the story's sorta confusing, but, eh, that's how life is.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11

Chapter 10

It took about an hour of interviewing before I could take a breath without Nina egging me on or whining that I was leaving her out of my life or whatever. We spent the rest of the day at the park, eating ice cream, talking-mostly her-, and relaxing. The sun was steadily setting and I had easily managed to get Nina to go home.
-----------------------------------

I was sitting on my red sheets, waiting as I did every year. My red moon. She was taking longer to get here this year. I glanced at the clock. 10:57 pm. Sighing, I closed my eyes and waited. I drifted in the blackness of my mind. Floating on occational thoughts that I always manage to brush off. Flying past lingering questions and--

"Teito."
I hitch my breath, and open my eyes. The grin that spreads across my face comes unbidden and won't go away.
I bow deeply and she comes to lift my chin. Meeting her eyes, I want to collapse. She is my red moon. The red moon is the universe. My eyes have always been her gate to this world.
"Teito, dear. How have you fared without me?"
Her deep red hair tickled my face and her red eyes like my own were full of curiosity and mystery.
"I have been fine." I choke out the words. How I have missed her.
She sighs and cradles me like a child. "I know you wish for me to take you with me, but I won't do that to you. I placed you here in this world as my eyes...Do you wish to come and blind me?"
Her sad face crunched at my heart and I couldn't take it.
"No! I will continue to be your eyes!"
Her smile lit the room and my heart.
She began to fade and I bit back a cry for her to stay just 5 more minutes. She smiles and I remember that she herself has mind-reading powers. I look to the floor as she kisses my forehead.

When she is gone, my shield is put back up. I become my old self and wait once more.

-------------------------------

The hours drag by until finally, She came again.
Opening my eyes slowly, I say "To Zelra?"
She nods smartly. "Yes."
Striding towards me, she lifts a hand. "This will hurt a bit."
As her hand meets my forehead, light explodes behind my eyes and I felt myself lift and land on what seemed to be ice metal.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

None0 said...
... I have no words for how amazing that was. And I've only read about half the entire thing. Aklita would definitely approve (personal joke), although Zero would hate him (same), and Emma would probably want to disect him (see above). Some criticism now. The plot moves a little fast, and it's choppy between chapters. Some characters are also introduced without warning, and the description leaves a bit to be desired. There are also way too many characters to keep track of just by fir... (more »)