New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

The Afterlife of Faylene Harps

Author's note: I really hope you guys love reading this piece as much as I enjoy writing it! :)
Author's note: I really hope you guys love reading this piece as much as I enjoy writing it! :)  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 Next »

Hunter Cold enters the world of the living

There was only darkness. That’s how he liked it. It was very cold. The heat bothered him. Sometimes it rained. He hated the sunshine. He sat on his throne waiting for his subjects to return with the girl. It had been weeks since he sent them out, and they still had not returned. He was starting to get anxious. What if they failed? Of course his worry was only to a point. He had already set in motion a chain of events as his backup plan.

“But of course they couldn’t fail.” He
Hunter Cold "the cold blooded hunter" = the devil (if that wasn't obvious . . .)
reassured himself as they paced. “They’re my upper class demons. Unless there was an intervention by a Bridge, nothing could go wrong.”

He sat down on his throne made by the darkness itself. It made him invisible, and invincible, in his kingdom. However the only way to conquer the upper world, the world of the living and of good was to fill it with the seven deadly sins. They were only way to sever their relationships with the one.

The girl though, he need the girl! The girl was the key to his whole plot. She held the power he needed to conquer the upper world. If only his idiot slaves would return with her. If only. All of a sudden four silhouettes formed in front of him. They were darker then the darkness around them all and stood out against it. They were liked coolers, radiating coldness into the realm. He glared at them.

“Well?!” he hissed angrily. “Where is she?!” None of them spoke, as he glared at them in anger. Finally one of them pushed the other forward. He bent feeble before his master, shaking in fear.

“Master, Cold Blooded Hunter, we have failed. The girl still lives. She knows not of her power but has the met the bridges capable of giving her the knowledge to use it. We apologize greatly master. . .” cried out feeble.

“YOU APOLOGIZE!!!” he shouted, letting his icy words sting them to their souls. “An apology now is the least of your crimes!!!!”

“But the sound, master the sound. It is one of our weaknesses. The boy had a device to emit it, making us helpless, disoriented, and slow!” the silhouette cried out again.

“You’re already helpless, disoriented and slow without the help of some stupid over world sound!” he shouted back. He stopped, giving himself a minute to gain his composure and think. This task was too challenging for them. He had to step in and conquer where they have failed.

“You have failed for the last time vampires, I shall now enter the world of the living myself and find the girl!” he declared. They all began to cry in delight and failure. Delight because the impossible task they had been assigned was now lifted off their shoulders and in failure because the master that they know and loved could be destroyed in the world of the living.

“But Master!” one of them called as their master stood. “What if you come on contact with a bridge, go near a holy, or even touch a holy? Who will take your place?”

“If I am sent into the abyss then death is in charge until I am able to return to power, but watch him my subjects for sometimes he abuses his power over us.” He replied. They nodded vigorously. He looked at them then walked through them, making them all cower in fear. Then he continued on into the darkness, leaving his subjects alone and afraid.

love_writingThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I love this story!  One of my favorite pieces on teenink! P.S. I'm very new to this website and I'm wondering how long it takes for work to be published after you submit it.  Thanks. 

MeggieMillsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:12 pm:
Best story ever!!! Love it! Fay is the best!

CautionwetPaint said...
Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:56 am:

Hi everyone! Just want to let you know that the first five chapters of the sequel to this book is up on teenink. If you like this book then you'll definitely love the second!! :D here's the link . . .

TeenInk.com/novels/sci_fi_fantasy/book/93976/The-Afterlife-of-Beck-Lovett/

TinyclawThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 6:41 pm:
I love this book!! Have you started writing the second? If you haven't: START NOW!! If you have, can you post a link so i can find it? Pretty please? :P

CautionwetPaint replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:48 pm :

Thanks so much! The second book is actually still a work in progress. I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to write and keep up with other things also. However as soon as I am at least halfway through the second book I will definitely post it :) Do want me to post the link here once its up? 

TinyclawThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 6:57 pm :
yes please!! :DDD

CautionwetPaint replied...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:14 pm :
Okay, will do :) ps. The sequel will be up VERY soon. There are lots of surprises in it that you may or may not like . . . Keep your eyes peeled :D 

CautionwetPaint replied...
Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:58 am :
Hey, the first five chapters to the sequel of this book are up. Here's the link. I think I'm going to leave it up for a week or two then add more chapters to it. I really hope you like it! 

AnimaCordis said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 5:34 am:
I got up to chapter eleven, and will read the rest later. I liked your writing style and the plot so far. Most of all though I liked Fay, I sort of wanted to give her a hug all the way though, because she just taks on these problems without meaning to. I love how she just struggles on, uncomplaining and a little comfused. I also thought you named your characters really well, I thought espitally 'colt' was an original name, and perfect for his character! I can't wait to keep reading (althoug... (more »)

CautionwetPaint replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 7:24 pm :
That's what I was going for in fay! :) and thanks so much! A friend of mine actually named Colt. I asked her for a good boy name, and she said Colt so I used it. :)

Moonlitnight said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:11 am:
awesome plot and the i love the way you work the two different realities together! Great job! :)

Moonlitnight replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:12 am :
i havent finished it yet, but i was wondering, how long is it?

CautionwetPaint replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 2:07 pm :
Hey! Thanks for commenting! On teenink it's about 20 chapters, and on word it's about 60 pages, so it's pretty long. so take your time with it. You don't have to read it right away.

Moonlitnight replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 6:29 pm :
Cool! Ok, why wont TI let me post just that?! Why should a comment be at least 10 characters in length?? sorry. anyway, I really love this story and hope i can finish it soon :))

CautionwetPaint replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 9:06 pm :
Ikr! So annoying! and thanks! me 2 :)

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:42 am:
I'm not yet finished with this, because it's quite long, but I did want to say that the plot for this is amazing. I'm excited to keep reading. Some of your writing could be fixed up. It's all small things, like keeping in past tense, because you did change to present tense at a few parts. Also, the story goes really fast, especially in the beginning. I'd like to get to know the characters a bit more. Maybe that's just me. But remember to show it, don't tell the reader what the character is like.... (more »)

CautionwetPaint replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 2:07 pm :
Thanks so much!

DamonSalvatore1864 said...
This seems to have a really great plot, and I'm excited to see where you go...

CautionwetPaint replied...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm :
Thanks! again, you'll just have to wait to find out :)

RayBaytheDinosaurThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this sounds really really cool, and while i like beck, i really hope Fay ends up with Colt =) lols I'm intrestted in knowing what happens next