The Afterlife of Faylene Harps

Author's note: I really hope you guys love reading this piece as much as I enjoy writing it! :)
Author's note: I really hope you guys love reading this piece as much as I enjoy writing it! :)  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20 Next »

In one kiss

“I can’t believe Leon Macy himself signed my CD!” Colt exclaimed as they walked back home. He was about to speak again when Fay interrupted she had seen. She wondered if telling Colt was forbidden. However if they didn’t want her to tell her own mother what was going on then Fay doubted that they’d let her tell Colt, aka the biggest blabber mouth on the face of this earth.

“Good for you Colt. You should hang it up in your room.” Fay said happily, however her words sounded
Hey guys, I accidentally deleted this chapter. Sorry about that. It's the same chapter but a different name.
kind of hollow from her pure exhaustion. He looked at her, then down at the record.

“No, you should hang it up in your room.” He replied. Fay did a double take she was so taken aback.

“No! You waited in line for two hours for it! It’s yours, not mine!” she answered.

“Hey,” he said, putting his hands on her shoulders. “What I was about to explain before is that the only reason he signed that CD was because I begged him to, for you.” Fay looked at him skeptically.

“What?” he asked defensively.

“I don’t know.” Fay replied. “I don’t get why you would wait in a two hour line just to give this to me. Is there some ulterior motive I need to know about?” Colt sighed. If only he could tell her the truth without the fear of wreaking their friendship. However the one thing Colt Brenner knew was that he was in love with Fay Harps from the day they first met. Now he had the perfect opportunity to make a move and was blowing it.

“There’s no ulterior motive. . .” he replied, stepping closer to her. They were now so close. Their bodies almost touching, they were standing at the corner of Main Road, and their street, Lane Ave, their bus stop, with the street light illuminating them in the night. “Just take the CD.” He gentle pushed it into her hands. They gentle grabbed the edges of it, their fingers overlapping ever so slightly.

Fay looked up her friend. She saw him now as a man, a beautiful man lit up in the night. Why had she never seen him in that way before? The way he looked at her sometimes was like he was in love with her. Fay had always thought her friend had good looks but never thought of him as anything more than a friend. However, looking up at him now she saw nothing but him, his ocean deep blue eyes, loosing herself in them. The same way she got lost in Beck’s.

Before she knew it his hand was on her cheek, hers on top of it. He leaned down and in, and she stretched up to meet him. They connected. It was as if what they both yearned for years collided head on with their conscience minds at that moment. It seemed to fill the void they both had missed out on. Colt pulled her in closer to him so their bodies were touching. She didn’t fight him at any point. It was as if the moment itself created its own heat. Their bodies, their lips got hotter and hotter as they explored the wonder and beauty they both had missed for so long.
When it all seemed to come to a dramatic close, as they pulled away, bewilderment and wonder filled both of their minds as they entered a new chapter in their lives.

They stared into each other’s eyes for a long moment, his hands on her hips, holding her close while here’s wrapped around his broad, strong shoulder, pressing their foreheads together. It was a moment in both of their lives that marked the beginning of a new chapter, an end of one era and the beginning of another one.
Their first intimate moment, alone on that street corner at two o’clock in the morning, could never be forgotten.

From there on Colt and Fay were a couple. They were the power couple of Skipton High School. Everyone in it just ate them up. Everyone always told Fay how good she and Colt looked as a couple, while Colt got praised for scoring such a great looking girlfriend. Whenever they saw each other Colt and Fay would either kiss or hold each other in a way that made them all cheer. They got a good laugh out of it all. A week passed. Fay totally forgot all about the bridges and the offer she had accepted just out of natural curiosity and a certain impetus of duty she felt within herself.

~ ~ ~ ~

Colt and Fay had agreed for a study date that weekend. They both had a very tough old history teacher and figured a few hours of hitting the books that weekend, with designated breaks in-between, would help them with the test that Monday. Her mom was out of town that weekend, leaving Fay alone to her own devices while she went on an all expenses paid business trip. Fay never minded her mom’s absences, especially with her new boyfriend, but it made the bonds she had with her mom weaker and weaker. She hated the secrets and lies but she had no other way.

They were studying in her room that Friday night. It was small, her queen bed taking up most of it, but it had a small little window with a view of the street below, a small desk looking out it, a place for her to do her work, and a tiny TV on the opposite wall facing her bed. The lights were out in her room except for one lamp by her bed, and the door was closed. Colt was on the ground, leaning against her bed, diving into the Industrial revolution, while Fay laid on her bed, trying to do the same, but kept getting distracted.

“I can’t believe how much things have changed in a week.” Fay finally said, breaking the silence of concentration. He turned to look at her smiled.

“I know, I had no idea it would happen this fast. Just one little kiss . . .” He mumbled.

“Changed everything?” Fay finished.

“Exactly! You know you get me too well.” He laughed turning closer to her. She scooted up, letting her head hang off the edge of the bed. He leaned up to meet her and they kissed again, feeling the magic of it. He let his fingers run through her long hair, holding her head to his. They broke apart their foreheads pressed together.

“Your amazing.” He whispered in her ear. She smiled and laughed.
Later they laid together on the bed on their side facing each other. Their fingers intertwined, whispering sweet nothings. The TV was turned on to romantic music, playing in the background.

“When did you first start to like me?” Fay asked. Colt thought for a long time, but then he decided to go with the truth.

“To be honest Fay, it may seem cliché but since the first time I saw you I was hooked.” He replied. She laughed as he blushed. She pulled his face her hers kissing his cheek so lightly for so long, then pulling away.

“What about you? When did you start liking me?” he asked, when she finally pulled away.

“Well when we kissed at the corner, I realized I never had a boyfriend because there was no one I’d rather be with.” She replied.

“So when we kissed you liked me all along but never realized it?” he asked.

“Yeah, exactly.” After she said this she thought for second, then a realization hit her. “You know sometimes our relationship seems too good to be true.” She said. He kind of grimaced but sighed.

“Well I guess that’s the only way we know we’re meant to be.” He replied. However it didn’t have Fay convinced for a second. Doubts started to form in her mind like a raging storm cloud. As she thought he leaned in to kiss her again, pulling her closer to him. She kissed back creating the magic of their kiss over again, letting all the storm clouds in her mind fall away. The heat between them grew stronger and stronger. However Fay couldn’t help but feeling like it was the same as usual. His fingers on her shoulder, hers around his shoulders. She started to explore. She let her hand come up to his hair, running her fingers through it. It was smooth and silky, and smelled like the freshness after a rainstorm. He gasped in surprise but took it as his cue to explore. He ran his hands down her spine, sending shiver back up it, making her grip him even tighter. His hand was on the small of his back exploring every pore of her skin. It sent them both to a different place beyond either of their understanding. However in the background she heard something distant like a ringing or a pinging. It grew louder and louder until it hit her. It was the doorbell. She pulled away as fast as she could, leaving Colt in complete bewilderment. As she opened the door she stopped.

“Sorry, this could be mom. You better pack up. If she knew what we were doing out here . . .” Fay started.

“I get it. I can take a hint.” He said, sitting up and going to get his stuff on the floor. She watched him then ran out her room to the stair, taking them two at a time. She ran down the hall, and to the door, and flung it open. Standing there was Beck. She jumped back in disbelief as he smiled.

“It’s time.” Was all he said.

love_writing said...
I love this story!  One of my favorite pieces on teenink! P.S. I'm very new to this website and I'm wondering how long it takes for work to be published after you submit it.  Thanks. 

MeggieMillsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:12 pm:
Best story ever!!! Love it! Fay is the best!

CautionwetPaint said...
Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:56 am:

Hi everyone! Just want to let you know that the first five chapters of the sequel to this book is up on teenink. If you like this book then you'll definitely love the second!! :D here's the link . . .

TeenInk.com/novels/sci_fi_fantasy/book/93976/The-Afterlife-of-Beck-Lovett/

Tinyclaw said...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 6:41 pm:
I love this book!! Have you started writing the second? If you haven't: START NOW!! If you have, can you post a link so i can find it? Pretty please? :P

CautionwetPaint replied...
Mar. 30, 2012 at 7:48 pm :

Thanks so much! The second book is actually still a work in progress. I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to write and keep up with other things also. However as soon as I am at least halfway through the second book I will definitely post it :) Do want me to post the link here once its up? 

Tinyclaw replied...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 6:57 pm :
yes please!! :DDD

CautionwetPaint replied...
Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:14 pm :
Okay, will do :) ps. The sequel will be up VERY soon. There are lots of surprises in it that you may or may not like . . . Keep your eyes peeled :D 

CautionwetPaint replied...
Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:58 am :
Hey, the first five chapters to the sequel of this book are up. Here's the link. I think I'm going to leave it up for a week or two then add more chapters to it. I really hope you like it! 

AnimaCordis said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 5:34 am:
I got up to chapter eleven, and will read the rest later. I liked your writing style and the plot so far. Most of all though I liked Fay, I sort of wanted to give her a hug all the way though, because she just taks on these problems without meaning to. I love how she just struggles on, uncomplaining and a little comfused. I also thought you named your characters really well, I thought espitally 'colt' was an original name, and perfect for his character! I can't wait to keep reading (althoug... (more »)

CautionwetPaint replied...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 7:24 pm :
That's what I was going for in fay! :) and thanks so much! A friend of mine actually named Colt. I asked her for a good boy name, and she said Colt so I used it. :)

Moonlitnight said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:11 am:
awesome plot and the i love the way you work the two different realities together! Great job! :)

Moonlitnight replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:12 am :
i havent finished it yet, but i was wondering, how long is it?

CautionwetPaint replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 2:07 pm :
Hey! Thanks for commenting! On teenink it's about 20 chapters, and on word it's about 60 pages, so it's pretty long. so take your time with it. You don't have to read it right away.

Moonlitnight replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 6:29 pm :
Cool! Ok, why wont TI let me post just that?! Why should a comment be at least 10 characters in length?? sorry. anyway, I really love this story and hope i can finish it soon :))

CautionwetPaint replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 9:06 pm :
Ikr! So annoying! and thanks! me 2 :)

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:42 am:
I'm not yet finished with this, because it's quite long, but I did want to say that the plot for this is amazing. I'm excited to keep reading. Some of your writing could be fixed up. It's all small things, like keeping in past tense, because you did change to present tense at a few parts. Also, the story goes really fast, especially in the beginning. I'd like to get to know the characters a bit more. Maybe that's just me. But remember to show it, don't tell the reader what the character is like.... (more »)

CautionwetPaint replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 2:07 pm :
Thanks so much!

DamonSalvatore1864 said...
This seems to have a really great plot, and I'm excited to see where you go...

CautionwetPaint replied...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 2:24 pm :
Thanks! again, you'll just have to wait to find out :)

RayBaytheDinosaur said...
this sounds really really cool, and while i like beck, i really hope Fay ends up with Colt =) lols I'm intrestted in knowing what happens next