The Afterlife of Faylene Harps

Author's note: I really hope you guys love reading this piece as much as I enjoy writing it! :)
Author's note: I really hope you guys love reading this piece as much as I enjoy writing it! :)  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20

Pillow War

As Fay stood up she discovered she was in normal clothes again. They were pajama clothes, none that she recognized but they fit her so she just shrugged and walked on. She found that she felt very good physically. She had no pain or numbness or anything. The only thing that truly bothered her was her memory, which seemed scattered and distant. However the thought of seeing the true Colt again pushed it all out of her mind.

Fay followed Beck out of her infirmary room. Instead of going
Hey everyone! Thank you so much for reading my book. I know you may be confused and have a lot of unanswered questions but I promise you a lot of those questions WILL BE ANSWERED in the SEQUEL of this book which I will be posting in a little while. Yes my good people, The afterlife of faylene harps is part of a series I will be writing, each title being constructed after the name of the characters in this book. The next book will be called "The Afterlife of Beck Lovett," and will be posted at an unknown date, so keep your eyes peeled and happy reading! :) -cautionwetpaint
to the right, towards the elevators, he went left and headed in the other direction of the hallway. It looked exactly the same as the right except at the end it turned to the left. Halfway down it Beck stopped and slowly opened a white door. Inside Colt sat sitting up, reading a magazine and sipping Hot Chocolate.

“Hey Beck! Hi Fay!” Colt said smiling. “Have you come to visit me Fay? Why are you in your pajamas?”

“Too many questions Colt, you might overload her.” Beck said smiling. Fay gave him an appalled look, then laughed and looked at Colt and smiled.

“Have you two met before?” Fay asked, knowing they have but wondering what happened to the animosity between them.

“We bonded while you were out cold.” Colt replied, looking at Beck. Beck nodded approvingly but cringed at the word Cold. Both he and Fay knew what it referred to, but couldn’t say it.

“So how have you been?” she asked, sitting down at the end of Colt’s bed. She looked at his golden blond hair, his handsome face, and big blue eyes. She remembered kissing him, and how magical it felt. She remembered hugging him, pressing her own body to his smooth muscles. She tried not to cry as he answered.

“Not good, I can’t remember anything past the Sharp Sugar concert. You know when we were dancing? Nothing it just completely blacked out. I feel like my body and soul went through a washing machine with a few kinks in it, but spit us out as good as new. Does that make any sense?” Colt asked. Fay thought for a moment, trying to think of something the old Fay would say.

“No, but I’ll just smile and nod.” Fay replied. Colt laughed.

“Shut up!” Colt said, whacking her with the pillow next to him. She laughed and went for another pillow on the other bed. They ended up in a full out pillow war, Colt had a complete disadvantage because he was sitting down, however when Beck got in the action they both were history. Once the fighting was over, and Fay was done rolling around on the floor in laughter, she stood and walked back over to the bed, and sat down, exhausted. That was the Colt she remembered.

“I so beat both of your butts.” Colt said laughing. Beck started to protest while Fay stayed quite. The one thing that was nagging at the back of her mind was the fact that the real Colt may still have feelings for her. If there was any chance for the two of them to be together at all she wanted to know it. There might be some hope for the two of them yet.

“Do you like me Colt?” Fay piped up over they’re shouting. The one thing Fay found the weirdest was how Beck and Colt were getting along so well now. Before it was as if they animosity was there before they had even met but now, it vanished. There was a long moment of silence, where Beck started to head for the door.

“Course I like you Fay!” Colt said smiling. “You’re my BGFFGCEH!”

“What’s that mean?” Beck asked.

“Bestest girl for a friend a guy could ever have!” Colt replied. Beck just stood stone faced then his mouth just turned into a smile.

“B.U.R.N.,” Beck mouthed over Fay’s shoulder which sent Colt into fits of silent laughter. He hid it in his still armed pillow.

“But you don’t like me more than normal, do you?” Fay asked. Colt sighed, the same way as Beck did, and looked at Fay. She remembered how lost she’d get in those big blue eyes and how at the last moment she would get confused over Beck. It was agonizing to her.

“Look Fay, your great . . .awesome . . .totally insanely awesome, but we’re only going to be friends. I’m sorry if you feel differently . . .” Colt said, but Fay cut him off, trying not to give him the wrong idea.

“No! No! It’s just that I’ve kind of got feelings for this guy . . .I don’t know if they’re real yet, but was just being sure I had your approval.” Fay replied.

“Oh.” Colt said, heaving a sigh of relief. “Well as long as it’s not me, I don’t care who you go out with! Who is he?” As he asked this question he looked over at Beck who was standing stone still by the door. He gave Beck a look and Beck couldn’t help but smile while giving Colt murderous looking eyes. This also made Colt double over in laughter.

“Nobody . . .” Fay replied in a sing-songy voice, while glancing slightly over her shoulder to Beck. Then turned back, she spoke again.

“Besides, I thought you said you didn’t care?”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20

This book has 27 comments. Post your own now!

love_writing said...
I love this story!  One of my favorite pieces on teenink! P.S. I'm very new to this website and I'm wondering how long it takes for work to be published after you submit it.  Thanks. 

MeggieMills said...
Best story ever!!! Love it! Fay is the best!

CautionwetPaint said...
Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:56 am

Hi everyone! Just want to let you know that the first five chapters of the sequel to this book is up on teenink. If you like this book then you'll definitely love the second!! :D here's the link . . .

TeenInk.com/novels/sci_fi_fantasy/book/93976/The-Afterlife-of-Beck-Lovett/

Tinyclaw said...
I love this book!! Have you started writing the second? If you haven't: START NOW!! If you have, can you post a link so i can find it? Pretty please? :P

CautionwetPaint replied...

Thanks so much! The second book is actually still a work in progress. I have been so busy lately I haven't had time to write and keep up with other things also. However as soon as I am at least halfway through the second book I will definitely post it :) Do want me to post the link here once its up? 

Tinyclaw replied...
yes please!! :DDD

CautionwetPaint replied...
Okay, will do :) ps. The sequel will be up VERY soon. There are lots of surprises in it that you may or may not like . . . Keep your eyes peeled :D 

CautionwetPaint replied...
Apr. 13, 2012 at 6:58 am
Hey, the first five chapters to the sequel of this book are up. Here's the link. I think I'm going to leave it up for a week or two then add more chapters to it. I really hope you like it! 

AnimaCordis said...
Dec. 29, 2011 at 5:34 am
I got up to chapter eleven, and will read the rest later. I liked your writing style and the plot so far. Most of all though I liked Fay, I sort of wanted to give her a hug all the way though, because she just taks on these problems without meaning to. I love how she just struggles on, uncomplaining and a little comfused. I also thought you named your characters really well, I thought espitally 'colt' was an original name, and perfect for his character! I can't wait to keep reading (althoug... (more »)

CautionwetPaint replied...
That's what I was going for in fay! :) and thanks so much! A friend of mine actually named Colt. I asked her for a good boy name, and she said Colt so I used it. :)

Moonlitnight said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:11 am
awesome plot and the i love the way you work the two different realities together! Great job! :)

Moonlitnight replied...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:12 am
i havent finished it yet, but i was wondering, how long is it?

CautionwetPaint replied...
Hey! Thanks for commenting! On teenink it's about 20 chapters, and on word it's about 60 pages, so it's pretty long. so take your time with it. You don't have to read it right away.

Moonlitnight replied...
Cool! Ok, why wont TI let me post just that?! Why should a comment be at least 10 characters in length?? sorry. anyway, I really love this story and hope i can finish it soon :))

CautionwetPaint replied...
Ikr! So annoying! and thanks! me 2 :)

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:42 am
I'm not yet finished with this, because it's quite long, but I did want to say that the plot for this is amazing. I'm excited to keep reading. Some of your writing could be fixed up. It's all small things, like keeping in past tense, because you did change to present tense at a few parts. Also, the story goes really fast, especially in the beginning. I'd like to get to know the characters a bit more. Maybe that's just me. But remember to show it, don't tell the reader what the character is like.... (more »)

CautionwetPaint replied...
Thanks so much!

DamonSalvatore1864 said...
This seems to have a really great plot, and I'm excited to see where you go...

CautionwetPaint replied...
Thanks! again, you'll just have to wait to find out :)

RayBaytheDinosaur said...
this sounds really really cool, and while i like beck, i really hope Fay ends up with Colt =) lols I'm intrestted in knowing what happens next