Impossible

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 Next »

chapter five

“This is not what I really wonted.” I said as Dylan maneuvered me through the mud. I felt my feet stick and the mud cling to my brand new good jeans. Crap. Isabel was going to be ticked. Him and Conrad laughed. I felt like hitting one of them.
“Are we there yet? And why can’t I see were we’re going? Dylan?” I heard a muffled curse as I felt one hand lose grip. Conrad had tripped. I held out my hand willing him to come back, and he did. Just a little muddier than before. “Be patient. Just wait.” Dylan said. I knew it was pitch black out by now, and this worried me a little. Dylan and I’d lived here are whole lives but in the dark, it was hard to navigate in the woods. I felt myself trip on a branch. Someone caught me. Dylan? No Conrad. He had his hand on the small of my back and his touch was so different from my brother’s. Dylan’s wasn’t like Conrad’s. Conrad’s were softer and more…knowing. Like there was just nothing wrong with it. It felt whole. I felt whole. “Duh dun duh” Dylan said taking off the blind fold. “Happy Birthday Anabel.” I looked around, completely at a loss for sound. It was amazing. My brother had cleared the trees around our old tree house and completely re did it. The tree house now had a balcony, and at the bottom lights were strewn around the tree. There was a couch at the bottom too, it was our old one that was a solid brown color, for when we decided to jump out of the tree with somewhat of a soft landing.
“It’s” I gasped.
“Yes?”
“It’s amazing Dill” I yelled so overwhelmed.
“I thought you might like it. Me and Conrad have been working on it. I even put up that old hot tub mom bought.”
I looked at him like he was nuts.
“What?” He asked already climbing the bars to get to the tree house. And that’s when I noticed it. It was so much bigger than I remembered. They had to have added on.
“Come on,” Dylan called. I looked at Conrad who shrugged and started in out it too. I grabbed one handle bar at a time. Going up, up, up. Conrad gave me his hand on the final step and pulled me up and over. Again I felt myself go into shock. Dylan was blasting music on his stereo, while sitting on a small green couch. Placed in front of it was a tv just small enough to get In here, but big enough to really like it. The room added into another room.
“Ready for this?” he asked.
I just nodded.
“Okay, welcome to your new hang out Anabel,” he light the candles.
It was a bedroom. With a queen sized bed, witch was decorated in the new bed set I had gotten earlier from dad. He must have been in on it. Next the bed was a dresser, and then a tv just like the other. Conrad led me around the bed to the balcony. This one was just big enough to walk out on, the other, had the hot tube.
“What’s that?” I asked pointing to the little door by my dresser.
“Oh yea, I almost forgot.” He pulled me in and opened it. It was a bathroom, and with a huge Jacuzzi and mirror. I couldn’t help but grab him and hug him. For a moment we stayed like that. My arms easily rapped around him, my head fitting right into his shoulder. Then I felt it. Again it was a little shock. This time though, bigger. Conrad looked down at me. Silently saying what I knew had to be real.
“Anabel,” he whispered. I waited.
“I think I-“he was cut off Dylan’s yelling. I jumped back suddenly startled. “Hey Bells do you like it?” he asked all happy. Never mind I was seconds away from hearing the words I had been waiting to hear for years. “Um yeah. Yeah Dill I love it.” His smile was all it took to make me snap out of my mood. He had done all this just for me. I gave him a hug. “Thank you so much. I can’t wait to tell Isabel. She loves being outside too.”
“Oh she already knows, she helped decorate your room.” I looked at all my favorite colors and all the beads. I should have known she’d be in on it. She had been dying to stay in a cabin, maybe this was the closest she could get. Dylan was moving around now, talking about how he a Conrad had spent all day trying not to tell me. Dylan was notorious for his gifts for me, never telling once about the surprise. Conrad though, had wonted to tell me the minute they got to the party, witch of course would not be okay. I looked at Dylan now studding his curly dark hair, and blue eye’s. He looked so much more grown up, reminding me that he, and Conrad, had only one more month before graduating. And then going out into the real world, were ever that may be. This may be the last time it was just us three. Just like old times. I out my hand out stopping Dylan’s little speech on how not to tell a secret,
“Can we stay here all night?” I asked him. They looked at each other and then back at me.
“Sure?” was all Conrad said and Dylan just picked me up and twirled me. “Sure thing little sister, I’m glad you love it so much. Conrad go get the ex box, it’s under the couch down stairs, and I’ll go get the food and pop. Be right back Anabel.” He was off. Conrad just looked at me again and laughed. And then under all those stars and lights, he pulled me towards him, and kissed me.

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

ZeRo183. said...
Wow, i really liked this it was amazing. The Angels, God, the love. This is original and an amazing story, i look forward to reading more! So please, Please, dont stop.

Jor456 replied...
Thank you! I'm currently working on the rest of it so please keep reading! Its great to know someone likes my story, it really helped me keep going so thanks.

JillianNora said...

Hmmm... I really like the idea you have going on in this story. It's very creative and it is certainly original:) However, I had a little trouble reading it becasue of some misspellings and grammatical errors. With a bit of editing and maybe some more elaboration, you could have a truly amazing book on your hands.

Good work!

Jor456 replied...
Oct. 18, 2011 at 11:11 am
Thanks! That was just the first part of the book I submitted I'm currently working on the rest of it (theres three parts). I just wanted to get feedback on my idea so thank you for that. I'll defenitly do some editing.