Impossible

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »

chapter four

Anabel

Love is like jumping off a cliff, you can crash…or you can fly.

It was really happening. I could feel it. Almost every weekend I now spent with Conrad; going to the point, or to the movies, and most times just driving around. After Adam had called trying to put on the excuse that he had simply ‘forgot’ to come get me and was not with his ex Kaley Tassel, I had forgiven him but said I’d already moved on. And in a way I had, but I couldn’t help shake the feeling that I had never moved on from Conrad. Not Adam. He was always there now. He took me to school with Dylan, and out to Isabel’s, and even to the store. No matter what the request, he did it. Especially the day at the point. When he’d latter grabbed my hand and held it when the moon shone just right on the lake. Isabel and Steve were kissing, so it was weird just standing there, and then, just like that, he reached out and got it. Just like how I’d been reaching out to him for all these years. Finally. We now knew everything about each other, from favorite hobbies, to shows, to favorite late night activity. I had been nervous about that one, but his answer, to my shock and liking, was eating snakes and watching tv. Just like me. The spring was moving so fast now, his graduation so close, and Prom. The signs were every ware. This year it was being held at the point, right by the water side. ‘Your Dream To Remember’ said the signs one day when me and Isabel was passing by. I had looked at her, knowing she’d catch on, “There’s still time you have till may.” She pointed out. “He’s going to ask. Just wait.” So I had been. But now it was April fifteenth. My birthday and it was cutting close. I was ready to give up when Isabel took me aside and put her hands on my shoulders. “Anabel, calm down. It’s almost time for your party and your sweating piglets. He’s going to ask.” I shock my head disagreeing. “What if he already has a date?” I asked, “Or what if he doesn’t like me like that?”
“Hasn’t he been with you for like, months, non stop?” she asked. I nodded, knowing she was right. Again. So she just led me up stairs to my room, down the hall from his, and got me ready.
“There.” She said finishing my make up. “Now you are Prom ready.” She spun me around to face the mirror. My hair was up and a few strips down, it was all curly, and my make up was noticeable but looked natural, and I was wearing my favorite jeans and shirt. “Wow Is, thank you.” I said smiling. I turned and gave her a hug. “Well, it wasn’t all me, you just look good to began with.”
“Knock, knock,” we spun around to my door. Mom was smiling and holding a huge present rapped in purple and blue. My two favorite colors. She let out a gasp. “Oh Anabel you look so beautiful,” she said walking towards me faster, I gave her a quick hug and kiss, “Thanks mom, but Isabel did all the work, she even did my nails,” I held them out for her to see. They were a dark pink and purple with Angel wings. The Angel Wings had surprised me and when I’d asked she just said that they suit me. Ironic. “Wow, Isabel you look so good too,” she gasped taking in my best friend’s pixie face and dark almost black long hair. She was wearing dark blue witch just made her look tanner. I smiled at her as we glanced at each other. My mom looked at us back and forth and sighed loudly.
“Oh my little girls are growing up so fast.” She said, sounding deeply emotional. Here we go. “Mom,” I said putting my hand on her shoulder. Isabel did the same. “We will always be your little girls.” I’d been best friends with Isabel since the third grade, when she moved her from Kentucky. My mom had been so happy I finally had a best friend who was a girl none the least, and had loved her ever since. Witch was fine with Isabel, she had a mom and a dad who loved me too, but her mom was always busy with something; mainly her three younger siblings. Leaving me, her, and my mom very close. On her first break up she’d stayed over and played Uno with me and my mom talking about all the lies and broken promises till four in the morning when she finally conked out. My mom and I had to carry her hand and leg up the stairs and to my room. Isabel was family.
“Yeah mom, we have a sister hood. No one gets left behind.” Isabel said in her let’s-cheer-up voice. My mom sniffled and looked up. We smiled at her hopefully. “Oh your right. I shouldn’t ruin your big day. You two will understand when you’re my age with kids. Life just…goes on whether you like it or not. You girls just never forget were you came from. Never forget who you are.” She kissed our foreheads. I looked at Isabel knowing she was thinking the same as me. Just who exactly, were we anyways?

My moms present had been good. The pink shirt I had been wonting for the past two months. It was lined with beads at the end, and had white floral designs. I didn’t know if I could pull it off until I did. It had looked so good that they’d both made me were it to my party. Now I saw that it was perfect. Everyone I knew was here, from my family to my friends at school. There had to be at least seventy people. I was so shocked at the crowd I went around thanking them for coming and serving drinks and food. By the time ten came around, only about twenty people remained. And they were all the closest to me. Conrad and Dylan, now tagging Tori along behind him, was walking towards me. Tori held up a gift from her and Dylan. “Hey Tori,” I called smiling. She hugged me hard. Another plus about Tori, she wasn’t –oh-my-gosh-don’t-touch-me-you-creep kind of girl. She was just Tori.
“Happy Birthday” she said in her sing song voice. A lot like Isabel’s. She handed me my present.
“From me and Dylan.” She said as if making an excuse for my brother as why he had nothing. But I knew my brother. He always gave me his present later. “Thank you,” I said. She looked at me waiting. I got the hint and started to open it.
“Oh I hope you like it; I drove two towns over just to find the right one. I mean I think you will, it screams Anabel all over it. Even Conrad thought so.” I looked in at my present. It was glass and had written words over it. Along side were the ocean and an Angel with beautiful gold wings. She had long, long blond hair and green outlined eyes. At the bottom it said. Azeal. I read the saying out loud.
“To get through the ocean is a thousand pains. You never know how your journey will go, but you do know it will make it all worth it. Hold your heart for what you know, God has blessed your soul. True love is the greatest gift God could give.” I read it once over. Adid. It was like a ghost. There was something I couldn’t quite place that made the words and the Angel seem so familiar. Like a dream, but more real. Adid. What was that name? I looked up to see Conrad looking right at me. As if right to my soul. And he saw it. What it was I don’t know, but whatever it was it made him smile and gasp and then take my hand.

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

ZeRo183. said...
Wow, i really liked this it was amazing. The Angels, God, the love. This is original and an amazing story, i look forward to reading more! So please, Please, dont stop.

Jor456 replied...
Thank you! I'm currently working on the rest of it so please keep reading! Its great to know someone likes my story, it really helped me keep going so thanks.

JillianNora said...

Hmmm... I really like the idea you have going on in this story. It's very creative and it is certainly original:) However, I had a little trouble reading it becasue of some misspellings and grammatical errors. With a bit of editing and maybe some more elaboration, you could have a truly amazing book on your hands.

Good work!

Jor456 replied...
Oct. 18, 2011 at 11:11 am
Thanks! That was just the first part of the book I submitted I'm currently working on the rest of it (theres three parts). I just wanted to get feedback on my idea so thank you for that. I'll defenitly do some editing.