Stardust

Author's note: I've always loved astrology, and that's basically what this book is based on.
Author's note: I've always loved astrology, and that's basically what this book is based on.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9

Chapter 9

Elyon put on his best red robes. The eleven stargazers waited patiently for him, their hands clasped behind their backs, facing the stars. Pisces turned to him. “It is time.” She whispered softly. “You are the chosen one, and today, you will become one of us. You understand that you can never go back. You can never leave this place, except to fight the darkness.”
Elyon nodded. “I accept the calling of the stars, and now will I join my fellows in helping to defeat Chaos that reigns in darkness.” Pisces had taught him his lines the day before.
Elyon felt a tingling in his arm. He glanced down at it. Then he glanced at it again. It was turning red. He looked up. A rainbow of colors floated down on him. He felt his feet leave the ground. He rose higher and higher into the sky. He saw the stars, his constellation, Pisces’s. He saw visions of things he’d never dreamed about. He didn’t know what they meant.
Who are you? An ancient voice asked.
I am Scorpio. Elyon replied confidently.
No. You still think of yourself as Elyon. Elyon gulped. Pisces had said this wasn’t a good sign. I have chosen you for something Elyon. You know what it is. And you know what you have to do in order to become a stargazer.
I have to give up my past and embrace my future. Elyon replied automatically.
Pisces has taught you well. The voice paused. It is time. You will no longer be known as Elyon. From now on, you are Scorpio.
Scorpio felt himself falling. The stars turned into blurs as he fell. There was no wind, just darkness.
He opened his eyes. Pisces was leaning over him. “What did the stars say?” She asked urgently.
“They said my name was Scorpio.”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9

guesswho said...
Great story again!!! Wonderful ending...

DreamingOurWorld replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 8:45 pm :
Mom...please change your name...