Stardust

Author's note: I've always loved astrology, and that's basically what this book is based on.
Author's note: I've always loved astrology, and that's basically what this book is based on.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next »

Chapter 6

“So, were where you yesterday night?” Pisces asked Elyon. They were in the middle of a mind battle, Pisces pressing against Elyon’s consciousness. Elyon didn’t answer. “It must have been that girl. Rhea, isn’t it?” She taunted.
“I was asleep.” Elyon grunted.
The attack against his mind ceased. “You were visiting her.” When Elyon opened his mouth to protest, Pisces raised her hand. “Don’t lie to me. I was once a trainee too. Everyone sneaks away in the beginning.” She smiled, and it wasn’t a pretty one. “But by and by, you’ll realize you’re different, and you won’t talk to her anymore.” Pisces shrugged. “You’ll get used to the loneliness eventually.” She whirled around and left.
“Odd person, isn’t she?” A man in silver robes appeared. “Don’t worry, Pisceans always vary in mood. She must’ve been in a good one.” He smiled at Elyon. “I am Cancer.”
Elyon nodded respectfully. “Why was I chosen?”
“The stars said so. Once the stars make a decision, it is impossible to against it.”
“Why?”
Cancer looked at him in surprise. “Harm always befalls those who do not follow. It will come to pass even if you do not want it too.” He sighed. “A pity Pisces will not see that.”
“How close was she? With the old Scorpio?”
Cancer looked at him mournfully. Even though he looked quite young, his eyes showed how truly old he was. “Very close. If they weren’t stargazers…who knows? But that is the sacrifice we make.”
“But I didn’t choose too!” Elyon protested.
“None of us do. It is the hardest thing to understand, why you were chosen. But once you consume some of the stardust, you will understand why.”
“What is it like? The stardust.”
Cancer smiled at him. “It’s magical.” Then he turned around and walked off, leaving Elyon alone in the courtyard.

guesswho said...
Great story again!!! Wonderful ending...

DreamingOurWorld replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 8:45 pm :
Mom...please change your name...