Stardust

Author's note: I've always loved astrology, and that's basically what this book is based on.
Author's note: I've always loved astrology, and that's basically what this book is based on.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Chapter 1

The circular table was surrounded by a circle of exactly eleven people who were all wearing robes in a circular room. The ceiling was decorated with a circle divided into twelve, each one having a strange symbol. Each of the people sat on thrones, gilded with different kinds of stones. One throne stood empty and all the people were staring at it.
One of them leaned forward, clearing his throat. “It has been a long while since one of us has been lost.”
Another one, a girl, gave him an icy stare. “Aquarius, let us not forget Scorpio easily. He was a good man.”
Another man sighed at the girl. “Pisces, it is time to let go.” He stood up. “The signs have pointed that a young farm boy is to be the next Scorpio.”
Pisces snorted. “Aries, I will never let another man take Scorpio’s rightful place.”
A beautiful woman sighed. “I know what he meant to you.” She said, taking Pisces’s hand. “But Aries and Aquarius are right. Even though you have known him the longest, we all mourn him. But we have duties, and they cannot be hindered by our own personal feelings.”
Pisces nodded stiffly. “Very well, Virgo.” With that, she turned into water and flowed out of the room.
A man sighed. “She will have to teach this new boy.”

guesswho said...
Great story again!!! Wonderful ending...

DreamingOurWorld replied...
Oct. 13, 2011 at 8:45 pm :
Mom...please change your name...