C.R.T.

Author's note: I was inspired by a lot of things for this book but the fact that some of the characters are so...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired by a lot of things for this book but the fact that some of the characters are so emotionless actually comes from me.
I have a strange case of empathy.
I'm diagnosed with a severe case of it, but I almost never show it.
Thus created C.R.T.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 Next »

Prologue

December 19. 1851.
It was a long and dark December. And I remember standing on the rooftop of the great cathedral. There was snow on the ground. Beautiful white snow stained with blood of my own mate. Clearly I remember seeing the red against the white and the blood drawing me to walk straight off the cathedral’s roof down to the bloody mess of my mate’s remains. And I didn’t fight the feeling of needing to jump.
“White snow.” I whispered to myself taking a step towards the edge. “I want to see the snow.”
I took another step and heard someone scream. I looked down unafraid of the height and saw a man and a woman. Or I think that’s what I saw. I remember standing there and seeing two people each the size of a grain of rice. They were screaming for me I knew that much. But their words were muffled by the wind and how high I was off the ground.
I looked back at the spot of snow that was covered by blood and smiled.
“I’m coming for you Richelle.”
I remember taking another step towards the edge as I said my mate’s name. I took another step and another. Putting my feet in front of one another as I walked on the narrow and ice-covered rooftop, I made my way to the stone angel that had two gargoyles placed next to it. And when I reached the edge I opened my arms and let the cold wind hit my face. It stung, but I knew I wouldn’t feel pain anymore. Soon.
“Get down boy!” I had managed to hear that from the now large crowed looking at me.
They wanted me down.
As soon as the voice had carried up to where I stood, the wind blew from behind me and was pushing me towards the edge. I didn’t fight it and let myself fall off.
Falling I felt the wind slap my face with such force that I had to cover my face from the wind. I looked down and saw the red snow coming up faster and faster. I could sense death pulling me into her world. And I let the cold take over me. And then pain, much pain. But after, I felt nothing. Pure numbness and the feeling of death was a relief.
But I knew I would be back. I couldn’t stay dead from a mortal way of killing yourself. I stay dead for about a hundred years then come back with the same body. None of my body falls off or starts to rot. We stay preserved. My kind stays preserved. And I’ll be back, just like how my mate will.

C.R.T.
Chapters:   1 2 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

vegangirl0725 said...
I love your  story, you should contiune it!