complex - part one

Author's note: One of my favorite pieces I've written thus far.
Author's note: One of my favorite pieces I've written thus far.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9

for now

K n o c k knock I went on Captain Robert's door.
"Enter."
When he looked up at me he immediately frowned. "I guess I should alert the press—the Denim Blue Blur is in my office."
"What've you told the media?" I asked, serious. "And do you have, like, a couple bucks I could borrow?"
"First, like, quit, like, saying 'like' every, like, other word."
Coming from him, it sounded ridiculous. "Like… no."
"Second, there's not much we can tell the press. There isn't any other way to explain the photos. I suggest you get yourself a new jacket." Robert reached into his pocket and pulled out a twenty.
I took it. "I'll pay you back."
"Naw, you don't have to—"
"I saw Sophia yesterday."
He immediately frowned. "What?"
"Yeah." I sat in the chair, let my head droop. "Saved Kyle from getting squished by a Hummer. I helped her with her groceries all the way to her apartment…."
"She has no idea?"
I shook my head. "Just what she was told."
Robert sighed. "How was the therapy session yesterday?"
I looked up, frowning. "It was not a 'therapy session.' It was a one-time thing."
"I'm gonna be honest, Jake, when I say that I'm not good at this sort of thing. Which is why I asked Mrs. Richardson to come talk to you. She said you could benefit from talking to her."
"Do I have to see her again?"
"I can arrange another meeting if that's what you're asking."
I stood. "I'm not asking for anything. And I will pay you back." I zipped out the door before Robert could say anything else.

End of Part One
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

WhiteWidow said...
Sept. 26, 2011 at 9:39 am
Part Two is already undergoing the editing process....  Might be up soon....

Kvothe28 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Wow I loved the entire first dialogue. I thought it was smooth and realistic and I thought parts of it were hilarious. Your voice in this is awesome. If you have time, would you please read He Went Out With His Boots On (Ch.1) it's posted anonymously. Thank you

WhiteWidow replied...
Oct. 4, 2011 at 9:33 am

Thank you.  ^.^  And I'll check it out.

'complex - part two' is already online, FYI