The Curse of Rory | Teen Ink

The Curse of Rory

September 14, 2011
By headoverheels44 SILVER, Dickerson, Maryland
More by this author
headoverheels44 SILVER, Dickerson, Maryland
6 articles 0 photos 6 comments

I ran as fast as I could, but it appeared to not be fast enough. When I turned the corner of the alley I saw the tall, unknown man, in one hand, holding something above his head that shined in the moonlight and in his other he held my fainted father up off the ground. I screamed a plead of forgiveness, but the stranger ignored it. The man pulled the shimmering object further into the air and then jabbed it quickly into my father’s chest. My father’s hand fell from his side because of the impact and it dangled above the ground. I screamed at the sight as the man chuckled with glee. Then he dropped my limp heap of a father onto the ground with the shimmering object still in his chest. Then the unknown man backed away from my father and jumped to the roof of the building that made up the left side of the alley. I ran to my father’s side and kneeled on the ground. I felt a warm liquid on my hands and looked down in horror as I saw the dark liquid, that’s color couldn’t be detected because of the darkness of the night, pouring out of my fathers stomach and from his back. I looked up at the man that was still standing on the roof of the building and was looking down at me. He chuckled again with glee.
“You will be next.” He said and then he disappeared. I started crying once there was no living creature to see my tears. I got my father’s stuff out of his pocket so that the blood wouldn’t ruin it and put it in a pocket of my jeans. Then I took my phone out of my other jean pocket and looked at the contacts to see if there was anyone that I could count on to help me. I narrowed the list down to anyone who knew of my father and my true nature. That only left my uncle, but he is in hiding from the person who just killed my father! I couldn’t think of anyone to call, but then I remembered of the man I met yesterday that told me to call him if anything was wrong. But all I knew about him was he was good friends with my father, he was one of my kind, and he had been sent to jail many times. I was willing to take chances with the criminal; I was willing to do anything to save my father. So, I went down to his name and called him.
“Hello?”
“Hantaru?” I asked with a cracking voice.
“Yes, this is he.”
“This is Rory, you met me yesterday.” I said with a sniffle.
“Yes, you’re Ulrick’s daughter. But are you crying? You sound like you are.”
“I am. But I need you to help me as soon as you can.”
“Where are you and how fast do you need me?”
“I’m in the alley between Tyrant’s and Hallows Diner. I need you here as soon as you can get here! Please hurry!” I yelled as I started to cry again.
“I’m about a minute away if I run. I’ll be there soon. Bye.” He said and the line went dead. I sat on the ground and thought about what I should do until Hantaru gets here. I wanted to take the object out of my father, but it may weaken his chances of living! So I decided to use my coat to try to slow down the bleeding in his stomach. I took off my coat right as a raindrop hit my cheek. I quickly put the coat over my father’s wound and took off my top shirt. I put my shirt over his face so the rain wouldn’t hit him. The wind gust got stronger and I shivered because of the coldness of my upper body that was only protected by a tank top. I heard fast footsteps coming up the sleeping road of the city near the alley I was in. Then Hantaru’s dark, tall figure stood at the end of the alley. “Rory!” He yelled as he ran over to me but stopped when he saw whom the person lying on the ground was. “What happened to Ulrick?” He yelled as he kneeled on the other side of my father like me.
“They got to him!” I yelled as tears ran down my face and I checked my father’s pulse. I could detect a very slow beat. “S***! This all my fault!”
“It’s not your fault.”
“No! It is! I was with my father when that man attacked and I wasn’t fast enough to save him! If I had just been a little faster I could’ve prevented my father from ending this way!”
“Don’t blame this on yourself. This isn’t your fault. It is the fault of one thousand years of fighting.” Hantaru said. I put my hand on Father’s wrist but couldn’t feel a pulse! I quickly put my fingers on his neck, but there was nothing. My hand dropped to my side like a limp noodle and I slumped closer to the ground.
“It’s done!” I yelled in a high-pitched squeal. “It’s over!” I heard Hantaru stand and then I felt something around me. I put my head up to see the criminal hugging me. I felt one small drop of wetness hit my back and I knew that this tough man who was hugging me had just shed a tear. I hugged him back as I felt one more drop come from him. We said nothing as we stayed there, hugging, in the pouring rain. My mind was filled with memories of my father and me in the past 17 years. Then Hantaru let go of me and I saw his sad face. I tried to stop crying but it didn’t work. “I’m sorry.” I said as I put my hand onto Hantaru’s shoulder.
“I’m sorry also. What will you do now?”
“I can’t go home so I don’t know.”
“Why can’t you go home? You should be with the ones you love now.” He said.
“That’s exactly why I can’t go home. Only my step mother is there and I hate her.” I said. Hantaru got out his cell phone from his pocket and shielded it from the pouring rain. He dialed a number and listened to the phone.
“Sir, Ulrick Hope is dead. Can you come get him?” He said to the phone. “Yes. I will take care of Rory for now.” He said and then listened. “Alright. Goodbye.” He said and then he hung up. “That was Sir. He is going to get your father and take care of him. But you need to come back with me until the council decides what they will do.”
“Alright.” I said with a sniffle. I took my father’s hand and kissed it. “May you rest in peace.” I said and then we left the alley. I followed him through the shadows in the direction we were heading. We finally stopped by a white house. It looked like it only had a basement and main floor, but it seemed like a nice house and it was in a subdivision, which was better than I had imagined where he would live. I had imagined he had a drug house and lived in the crappy part of town where all the killings happen. I guess I thought too soon and thought wrong. Hantaru opened the white gate that was the opening to the fence that wrapped around the house’s yard. I walked on their pathway and went up to the house and he followed. He ran up to the door of the house and rang the bell. I heard people running and then there was a lock that unlocked and a latch that was unlatched. The door swung open to show three children. The three of them looked at me oddly, but then they saw Hantaru and smiled with happiness. There were two twin girls that looked about 4 and a boy who was in about 4th grade.
“Daddy!” The two little girls yelled and hugged Hantaru tightly. The boy waited as the girls let go and moved away, then he hugged Hantaru.
“Hello.” One of the two girls said to me.
“Hello! Aren’t you two just too cute!” I gushed to the two girls and they smiled.
“Why are your eyes red?” One girl asked and I realized I still had tears on my face. I quickly wiped them away and smiled.
“This is Faith and Joy.” Hantaru said as he put his hands on the girls’ heads and they smiled. “And this is Dylan.” Hantaru said as he put his hand on the boy’s shoulder. “Kids, this is Rory.” Hantaru said as he looked at me.
“It’s nice to meet you all.” I said with a smile.
“Are you friend or foe?” The little boy asked me curiously without a smile.
“I believe friend.” I said as I looked up at Hantaru curiously.
“He is trying to ask you if you are one of us or one of the mortal.” Hantaru explained.
“Oh! Then I’m definitely friend.” I said with a smile, but then I remembered my father’s body on the ground and I tear escaped me. I quickly wiped it away and the three children looked sad for me. Five more tears came and I knew I was going to start bawling any minute.
“Rory…” Hantaru said as he hugged me and the kids looked confused.
“I’m sorry.” I said and I bit my lip so the tears stopped. “I’m fine. Really.” I said as he let go.
“Try to stay strong.” He said to me and I nodded.
“Come on in.” The boy said as he went inside. We all followed and Hantaru shut the door behind me. Then I noticed I was wrong about the house. It also had a second floor.
“Are these three yours?” I asked Hantaru.
He nodded. “And more.”
“More?” I asked as my eyes widened.
“I’ll introduce you to them.” He said but then Hantaru’s cell rang. “Hello?” He asked the phone. “Girls, go introduce Rory to everyone.” He said as he cupped the end of the phone.
“Okay!” The girls said together. Faith, the slightly taller one, took my left index finger in her small hand and Joy took my right. They led me through one room and stopped in front of a door. Joy opened it and there were stairs. I could hear things being thrown and moving around mixed in with children’s screams. Faith went downstairs first. I was one step behind her as she held my finger and Joy did the same behind me. When we reached the bottom I saw two rooms that didn’t have a door to separate them. There were 5 kids down there and they were crazy. There were three boys and two girls. One girl was about 8 and the other looked about 6. They were playing dress up in the corner of a room. The boys looked about 5, 7, and 9. The 3 of them were running around with action figures and made sound effects as they played.
“Guys!” Joy yelled and everyone stopped. They looked at me. “Visitor!”
“This is Daddy’s friend Rory.” Faith added.
“Hello.” Said all 3 boys.
“That’s Garrett, James, and Tyler.” Joy said about the boys.
“And they are Sammy and Airi.” Faith added as she pointed at the girls.
“Hi! Hi! Hi!” The two girls yelled as they ran over to us.
“Are you going to be our new sister?” The younger girl asked me.
“Um…actually I’m just staying the night. Sorry.”
“Well will you play with us?” The older girl asked.
“Sure.” I said with a smile.
“But after the tour!” Faith yelled and I smiled.
“I’ll come play once my tour is over.” I told the girls.
“Okay!” They said and then skipped back to the corner. The basement filled with noise once again as we went back up the stairs. The girls led me to a staircase that led up and we went up it. They brought me to the first door in the hall upstairs. I could hear girly music behind the door. Faith knocked on the door and it opened. A girl that looked about 12 smiled at me as she wore a short dress and Hannah Montana’s Life’s what you make it song blared in the room behind her.
“Hello.” The girl said with a larger smile.
“Hey. I like your dress.” I said with a kind smile.
“Thanks!” She gushed.
“This is Rory!” Faith said.
“She’s Daddy’s friends who staying the night.” Joy added.
“Wait! Are you Dad’s new GF?” The girl asked.
“Oh! No, no, no!” I said as I shook my head. Then I added the truth. “Hantaru is my dad’s friend and is just letting me stay here tonight.”
“Oh! Okay! You scared me for a second!” The girl said with a smile. “By the way, I’m Kelly.” The girl said.
“Nice to meet you.” I said kindly.
“Bye Kelly!” Joy said and the two girls quickly led me down the hallway. Kelly shut her door as we stopped in front of the one across the hall. Faith knocked on the door and a sleepy teenage guy opened the door. He was wearing all black and hissed at the two girls.
“Stop that!” Joy yelled.
“What the hell do you want you clones?” The guy yelled, not even noticing me.
“We came to introduce our guest to you! So stop being so mean!” Faith yelled and the guy finally noticed me. He blushed once he looked at me and I smiled. He smiled too and ignored the two girls. He was cute for an emo and looked my age.
“Hi, I’m Rory.” I said as I lifted my left hand and Faith let go of it. The guy shook my hand and when he let go Faith grabbed it again.
“Zack.” He said kindly. Then out of nowhere the door next to Kelly’s opened and a thong flew right in front of my face. A girl about 19 ran out of the room behind it as it hit Zack in the face. Faith and Joy pulled me to the side of the door and we watched her run to Zach.
“What the hell did you do?” The girl yelled to him.
“What?” He asked. She took the pink thong off of his face and pointed to the black marker letters on the front of it.
“You wrote ‘SLUT’ on all my thongs!”
“It’s the truth!”
“What’d you say emo boy?”
“You’re the only cheerleader who has slept with all the guys at school! You’re a slut!”
“What the f***? Don’t you dare call me that again emo boy or I’ll knock your lights out!” She yelled, very un-cheerleader like. Then she noticed me and I smiled. “Oh geez! I didn’t see you there!”
“It’s fine.” I said with a smile.
“I’m Yurika.” She said to me. “Sorry about the cursing girls.” She said to the twins.
“It’s okay.” Joy said.
“This is Daddy’s friend, Rory!” Faith said as she tugged on my arm.
“Dad’s friend? My, my!” The girl said with an evil smile “Scandal!”
“No! Nothing like that!” I said. “Your father is my father’s friend and he’s letting me stay the night.”
“Feel free to stay the night in my room.” Zach said as he leaned against the doorframe.
“Keep it in your pants, Goth boy!” She yelled. “She’s too cute for you.” Then there was a noise from the room next to Zack’s and a muscular guy ran out. He was also cute and looked one year older than me.
“What the hell are you yelling about Yurika!” The guy yelled to the girl.
“I was telling emo boy to keep it in his pants.” She said as she pointed to me and the guy smiled.
“Hi. I’m Ray.”
“Rory.” I said with a smile. He started at my boobs and I frowned.
“You too! God! Both of you are perverts!” Yurika yelled. Then I heard crying coming from the room at the end of the hall. The three teens of the house yelled loudly as I bent down to the girls.
“Whose room is at the end of the hall?” I asked the girls.
“The boys. Garrett, James, Tyler, Dylan, and Jake’s room.” Joy said.
“Who’s Jake?”
“The baby.” Faith said and then Zack made a remark about the twins and they let go of my hands as they started to join in on the yelling. I walked down to the end of the hall and opened the door. Sure enough there were three beds and a cradle in the room. I went to the cradle and found a little infant boy. He was crying and I felt bad for him. But he stopped when he saw me looking at him. He started saying baby words to me and he pointed both of his arms right up at me. I picked him up and he giggled as I heard three doors slam and two people run down the stairs. I assumed the fight was over and that the two girls had gone downstairs. I carried the baby around the room and he giggled.
“Everyone! Time for dinner!” Hantaru yelled up the stairs. I heard many people running and the top floor of the house went silent. I opened the door of the room and walked the baby downstairs. I saw all the people in the family except for Hantaru at a large dinning room table. I went into the kitchen and found Hantaru.
“Rory! Why do you have Jake?”
“I heard him crying so I got him out of the crib. Is that okay?”
“Yea! And you saved me a trip up the stairs.”
“He’s really cute.” I said. “By the way, where is your wife?”
“I don’t have one.”
“Then who is the mother of your children?”
“I’m not their birth father so I don’t know.” He said. “They are all adopted but call me their father.”
“Oh! I didn’t realize!” I said with a blush.
“It’s alright. Most people think the same.” He said. “Here, I’ll take Jake from you.” He reached out and took the baby from my arms. Immediate Jake started crying and holding his arms out to me. “I think he likes you better.” He said as he handed Jake back to me. I kindly bounced him up and down and he giggled.
“I guess so.” I said with a smile.
“You can go take the empty spot at the table. I’ll be there in a minute.”
“Okay. I’ll feed Jake if you want.”
“That would be great.”
“I don’t think he’ll leave me anyway.” I said and we both laughed. I walked into the dining room and looked around.
“Rory! Over here!” Kelly yelled from the end of the table. I sat next to her and Zach. I put Jake on my leg and started moving it up and down so that he bounced. He loved it and giggled.
“Jake seems to like you.” Said Dylan, the first boy I met.
“Yea.” I said and Jake grabbed my pinky on my left hand so he didn’t fall. Hantaru sat at the other end of the table and smiled at me.
“So do you remember anyone’s names?” He asked. “It’s a little overwhelming here.”
“Yea. I know all of them.”
“Really?” He asked with surprise.
“Yea. Let’s see. The boys are Ray, Zack, Garrett, Dylan, James, Tyler, and Jake. The girls are Yurika, Kelly, Sammy, Airi, Faith, and Joy.” I said. “It’s easy to remember them. I don’t see how you can’t.”
Hantaru laughed loudly. “I guess you got your father’s powers! He could easily remember everything too!” Hantaru laughed.
“Um…yea.” I said as I tried to sound happy and hold back tears.
“Oh! S*** Rory! I’m sorry!” Hantaru said as he saw me holding back tears.
“It’s alright. I need to put it behind me.” I said as I tear escaped and I quickly brushed it away.
“Wait. What happened?” Yurika asked.
“Rory?” Hantaru asked.
“It’s alright. You can tell them.”
“Rory is part of the Hope family. As you all know they are being targeted by the hunters.” He said. “Sadly, when I left a while ago I got a call from Rory. When I got to her I found her kneeling by her father. He died a few minutes after I got there.”
“Oh my god!” Ray, Yurika, Kelly, and Zack said together.
“Yes.” Hantaru said.
“You’re a Hope?!” Kelly yelled.
“Yes. My full name is Rory Hope.” I said and they all stared at me in amazement.
“So you’re like one of the strongest vampires alive?!” Yurika yelled.
“I am the strongest. I’m the last Hope left other than my adopted uncle and my stepmother.” I said and like she knew I said her name my phone rang and it was my stepmother. I flipped my phone open. “Hello?” I asked and everyone stared at me.
“Rory! Where the hell are you! I need to speak to your father now!” She yelled.
“I’m sorry Dana, but we aren’t coming home.”
“What?!”
“Father is dead, so I don’t have to come back home.”
“What?!”
“I’m not coming back and neither is father. You can have the house and the fortune if you will just leave me alone.”
“That’s fine with me.” She said rudely.
“Have fun with the man you’re sleeping with now. I’m sure he will like the money too.”
“Shut up you b****!”
“I’m not a b****. I’m a victim.” I said as I crossed my arms.
“Of what?”
“You know what! Don’t act stupid Dana! I told father about you abusing me and I’m sure he would’ve left you!”
“Shut up!”
“No, you need to shut up. I don’t belong to you so you don’t have the right to tell me anything. Goodbye and good reddens!” I yelled and then I hung up the phone. “Sorry about that.” I said as my phone started to go off again. I quickly shut it off.
“Who was that?” Hantaru asked.
“My stepmother.” I said. “Is it okay if I step out for a moment and make a call?”
“Sure. Just don’t go too far.” Hantaru said. I handed Jake to Kelly and got up as everyone started to eat. I left the house and shut the door behind me. When I reached the fence I leaned against it and started to cry. I turned on my phone and called my friend Julia.
“Hello?” She asked as I stopped crying.
“Hey Julia. I’m going to be out of town with my dad for a little longer, so could you tell the school?”
“Sure. Are you having fun?”
“Yea! We went to the mall and I spent $200! It was awesome.”
“So how long will you be gone?”
“Two weeks more.”
“Okay.”
“Well I have to go. I’ll see you once I’m back.” I said and then hung up. I heard something in the bushes of Hantaru’s yard so I quickly looked over. I screamed as a black cat jumped to me. Then I noticed it was my cat Devil. “Devil! You scared me!” I yelled. She purred as he brushed against my legs. I picked her up and scratched his ears. “Devil, I need you to do something for me.”
Yes, master? I heard echo in my head. It was Devil’s voice that only my protector and I could hear.
“I need you to find Prince. Can you do that for me?” I asked as I scratched her back.
Of course. Is he at his home? Echoed in my head.
“Yes. Bring him as fast as possible. Tell him what happened today and say I’m in danger. Also bring my other phone.” I said.
I will be back as fast as possible with him, master. Echoed in my head. Then she jumped out of my arms and started to run down the street. I walked back into the house and found everyone still eating. When I sat down Jake crawled into my lap and I smiled.
“So?” Hantaru asked.
“I have made arrangements for the time I will have to stay in this town.” I said with a smile.
“Speaking of that, how long are you planning to stay with us?”
“Just tonight, if that is okay? I have my protector coming to get me in the morning.”
“Protector?” Zack asked.
“Yes. Do they not know of protectors, Hantaru?”
“No. I haven’t explained that to them since they don’t have one.”
“Then I shouldn’t say.” I said as I started to bounce Jake up and down again. Everyone ate except for me, but I fed Jake. Once everyone was done everyone left the table. I gave Jake to Kelly and I helped Hantaru clean up. He stayed in the kitchen and I got the plates from the table, then I brought them to him and he cleared them.
“You didn’t have to help me.” Hantaru said as I brought the last plate.
“I wanted to. I’m used to doing the chores in my house.”
“Really? Why did they make the princess of vampires clean?”
“My stepmother didn’t know my father was the king of vampires, so she didn’t know what I was either.”
“Oh?”
“So when did you adopt all the kids?” I asked, changing the subject.
“The older three I got 10 years ago, Kelly, Sammy, Airi, Dylan, and Tyler I got 5 years ago, Garrett, James, and the twins I got last year, and I got Jake half a year ago.” He said as he put the last dish into the washer.
“Wow. So why did you get so many kids?”
“I love kids and I wanted to adopt. When I got the first three I realized that I wanted as many as I could get and so I got more.”
“Father had told me you are of high nobility. What rank are you?” I asked as we walked into the living room. I sat on a small couch and he sat on the other small one that was next to mine. Then I noticed the house was fairly quiet and I became curious.
“I am the heir of the third rank family.”
“Wow, so are all the kids vampires?”
“Yes. I got them from an orphanage that your father owned.”
“Which one?” I asked. “He owns 5 in the country.”
“The one in town.” H
“Oh. That one is nice.”
“Yes.” He said with a smile.
“So do they know about me?”
“They only know my ranking and that there is a royal family that is being attacked by hunters.”
“Did they ever meet father?”
“Once. About a year ago, but they didn’t know his rank.”
“Oh.” I said as I tried to ignore the thoughts of father’s body.
“So are you going to become Queen or give it to duchess Allie?”
“Give the thrown to that evil girl?! Of course not!” I said and he laughed.
“I think you will make a good queen.”
“Thanks.” I said. “Now you three should come out of hiding behind that wall. Our conversation is over.”
“How did you know?” Yurika asked as her and the two guys followed. They sat on the large couch that was in front of me.
“I became curious when I didn’t hear the three of you upstairs.”
“You must have great hearing.” Ray added.
“Of course.” Hantaru said with a smile.
“So what was that about you being queen?” Zack asked as he pulled up his sagging black jeans.
“As you probably remember a man named Ulrick came to our house last year.” Hantaru said. They all nodded.
“That was my father, who was the king of vampires.”
“Whoa.” They all said.
“Since he was killed a few hours ago, that means Rory is the new Queen of the vampires.” Hantaru said.
“But what about your mother?” Yurika asked.
“She died when I was very young.” I said. They all looked sad for me but I smiled.
“So, Dad, what is a Protector?” Ray asked.
“Protectors are half vampires or humans that are bitten by a full blood vampire. When that happens the Protector becomes deeply connected to its owner and usually falls for the person. But, hunters usually kill protectors when they are young. If they aren’t killed then they protect their owner from danger and keep them safe.”
“So you have a Protector?” Ray asked me and I nodded.
“Is he a human or a half vampire?” Yurika asked me.
“Neither.” I said.
“What?” They all asked.
“The rules of protectors are different for the royal family. For them they need a strong person, so their protectors are usually full blooded vampires of low rank.” Hantaru said.
“Yes, my Protector is a full blood.”
“Of what rank?” Zack asked.
“He is the captain of the imperial vampire army.”
“Wow!” Yurika said.
“So when is general Erick getting here?” Hantaru asked me.
“I don’t have his number with me now so I sent Devil to get him.” I said and Hantaru nodded.
“Devil?” Zack asked.
“My cat. A cat usually chooses the royal family members. Hantaru, have you told them about the relationship that cats have with vampires?”
“Yea.”
“Well my cat, Devil, can understand what I say.”
“Are you the only one who can do that?” Yurika asked.
“No, all of the royal family and their protectors can hear what the owners cat says.” I said. “Sadly the only ones of us who can hear them are now Erick and me.” I added.
“That’s cool! I want to talk to a cat!” Yurika said.
“Have any of the children been chosen by a cat yet?” I asked Hantaru.
“No.”
“That’s too bad. Are they not strong enough yet?”
“They aren’t. I’m the only one who has a cat.”
“Oh?”
“He’s in Denmark right now finding stuff out for me.” He said and I nodded.
“S***!” I yelled as I felt something and jumped up off the couch.
“What is it?!” Hantaru yelled.
“Get all the kids upstairs and keep them there!” I yelled as I ran too the front door and locked it.
“Why?” Hantaru asked.
“The hunters are here for me! You all need to go upstairs!”
“How many are there?” Hantaru asked.
“Two.” I said and then I had a mental image of the two hunters’ faces and my fangs grew. “Hell no!” I yelled as I opened the front door and looked outside.
“Rory!” Hantaru yelled as he followed me and the three older children followed.
“It’s the bastard who killed father!” I yelled as my eyes turned red.
“What?!” Hantaru yelled and I saw his fangs were growing also. “Yurika! Get the kids upstairs! Ray and Zach stay and help.”
“You three shouldn’t stay! They’ll kill you.” I said and Yurika shut the door behind her as she ran inside.
“I know I can do this and the boys need to help or they will never become adult vampires like us.”
“You’re an adult?!” Ray yelled. I nodded and he looked shocked.
“Is this their first fight?” I asked Hantaru.
“No. Their 4th. They helped me a few times.”
“Alright. But you two need to do as best you can because these two are some of the best there is.” I said and they both nodded.
“How far?” Hantaru asked me.
“Here.” I said as I turned to my left and the two hunters ran in front of me.
“Last check on the list.” The older hunter, who killed my dad, said to the other.
“And no arms.” The other said with a smile.
“Yea right!” I yelled as I took off 4 of my 10 rings on my hands. I threw the red one to Hantaru, gave Zack the black, handed the purple to Ray, and took out the silver for myself. I held it to the moon in the sky and the ring turned into a large sliver handled sword. The three guys did the same. Hantaru had a red handled knife, Zack got a black handled machete, and Ray was given a purple handled sword that was like mine.
“Nice, Princess.” The older hunter said.
“You’re going to pay for the king with your life!” Hantaru yelled.
“Two non-ranks and a low rank. This will be easy.” The young hunter said.
“You’re dead, hunter!” I yelled to the older one and he pulled out a sword. “Hantaru, you three stay here.” Then he ran at me with it and I ran out of the way. He grabbed my shirt as I ran and he tried to stab my stomach with the sword. I quickly dogged it and stabbed the slayer in his right shoulder where I knew the two muscles for his arm and shoulder joined. His sword arm went limp and he screamed. I quickly pushed the injured hunter away and ran to the younger one who had a sword now. He dogged my first attack and ran behind me. I turned as he tried to cut my arm. Hantaru ran over to us and blocked it. I looked up to see Ray and Zach attacking the older hunter. It was 4 against 2 and I knew who was going to win. I quickly pulled my sword up and stabbed my sword into the young hunter’s head as he fought Hantaru. He screamed as I pulled the sword out of between his eyes. Then he fell and stopped moving. When I looked up from the dead hunter I saw the older hunter running towards me. I wasn’t fast enough to doge his attack and he stabbed my left shoulder at the top. I winced as he pulled his sword out of my shoulder. He smiled and then picked up his dead comrade as I fell to the ground. They disappeared as my right hand went over my shoulder.
“Rory!” Hantaru yelled as he and his two sons ran to me. They stood above me and looked at my shoulder.
“How bad is it?” I asked them.
“You’re bleeding like crazy.” Zack said and Ray hit him. “What?! It’s true.”
“That guy can’t be the man that killed father. That man was a half breed.”
“What?!” Hantaru asked.
“Yes. He was the unthinkable brought to life. He was a vampiric hunter.” I said and their eyes got wide.
“My god!” Hantaru said.
“That man who got me is an amateur compared to the man that killed father. He didn’t even aim when he hit me.”
“Let’s get you inside.” Hantaru said as he lifted me to my feet by pulling my waist. When I was finally up I heard something hit the ground. Zack went to pick it up for me when I noticed what it was.
“No! Zack! Don’t touch it!” I yelled, but it was too late. He touched it and yelped as he jumped back. He held his finger out and I saw it was black already.
“God damn it! What the hell is that?!” He yelled as he looked at his finger. “What did it do to me?!”
“That is the necklace of Hades. Only people of the royal family can touch it without being cursed.”
“What?! So what does the cures do to people who touch it?” Hantaru asked as I picked up the necklace and put it back into my pocket.
“They die.”
“What?!” Hantaru yelled.
“I don’t want to die!” Zack yelled.
“There is one way to cure it, but we must go inside.” I said and all four of us quickly went in.

Once we were inside Yurika ran downstairs and saw my shoulder. “Holly crap, Rory!” Yurika yelled to me. Hantaru left and came back with a large band-aid and he put it on my shoulder. Once I was fixed up I grabbed Zack’s hand and everyone gasped except for me.
“It got bigger!” Hantaru and Ray yelled.
“What is that?!” Yurika yelled.
“It is the curse of the necklace of Hades. It is a necklace that can only be worn by the royal family and if someone who isn’t part of the royal family touches it they usually die. But, there is one way to cure it.
“S***! What is the only way to cure it?!” Zack asked me.
“Quickly everyone over to the table. Hantaru, I will need a lit candle and a glass of whine.” I said. Everyone except for Hantaru went to the table. “Ray and Yurika, sit at the opposite side of the table as Zack.” I said and they did. I pulled the necklace out of my pocket.
“Wow! That’s so pretty!” Yurika said.
“Yes, the necklace of Hades is beautiful, but deadly to most.” I said as I put on my neck and clasped it together. Hantaru came back with a lit candle and a glass of whine. He handed it to me. “Sit next to Yurika.” I told him and he did so. I sat down next to Zack who was staring at the blackness that was now slowly creeping up his arm. “Drink this.” I said as I handed the glass of whine to Zack.
“But he’s a minor!” Hantaru yelled.
“He can either break the rules or die a minor.” I said and Hantaru shut up. Zack drank the glass of whine and then set the glass down. I touched Zack’s hand that was black and asked, “Can you feel that?”
“Yea.”
“Good, you haven’t loss your sense of touch which means this will work.” I said. “But there is one problem, Hantaru and I have to make sure you are okay with it.”
“Shoot.”
“He will get the effects of a Protector from me.”
“What?!” Hantaru yelled.
“They won’t be as strong as Erick’s effects and feelings, but there will be some.”
“Will he die if you don’t?”
“Yes. Either he lives as my second protector or he dies.”
“I accept it.”
“Zack, are you okay with that?”
“Yea. As long as I don’t die.”
“Alright. But the way to do this will hurt beyond what you would think. I need you to stay still though.”
“Okay. I’ll try.”
“Turn you wrist so that it is facing me and Ray hold Zack’s arm down and don’t let go.” I said. They did so and I felt bad for Zack because I knew what was going to happen. “I’m sorry, Zack.” I said as they watched me. Then I picked up the candle and put it to my grown fangs. I felt them warm up and then I put the candle down. “Don’t move.” I said as I leaned down the Zack’s right wrist. I sunk my burning fangs into his wrist and he winced because of the pain. I drank his blood as I watched the blackness quickly leave his arm and then his hand and his fingers. I lifted away when I was done and Zack was almost unconscious from losing blood. I quickly put my own wrist up to his mouth as I put my other hand on his wrist to stop the bleeding. “Drink it until you feel normal.” I said to Zack as he bit into my wrist and his bleeding out of his wrist stopped. He finally stopped drinking after a few minutes and took his fangs out. I quickly put my hand on my wrist and it stopped bleeding. “Done.”
“Zack? Are you okay now?” Hantaru asked him.
“Yea. I feel a lot better.” He said as I noticed my right arm and hand were turning black so I hid it below the table.
“The whine’s effect should ware off soon.”
“Thank you, Rory. You saved him.” Hantaru said.
“You saved me from that slayer earlier. It’s the least I could do.” I said with a smile.
“Oh! Here are your weapons.” Hantaru said as he set the 4 weapons on the table.
“Where did you get those?!” Yurika asked me. I pressed the buttons at the bottom of all 4 weapons and they turned into rings. “Whoa!” Yurika added. Then I put my rings back on.
“They were a gift from my father for every birthday I’ve had. I have 7 more at home.”
“That’s so cool!” Yurika said.
“Yea.” I said with a smile. Then I felt my shoulder with my hand and started to take off the bandage.
“Rory! It’s not done healing!” Hantaru yelled and then I took it off. They all saw my shoulder was better. “How the?!”
“It’s a power I have. I can heal myself and others quickly.” I said as I looked down at my arm and the blackness was about to reach my shoulder. I hoped no one would notice but I was wrong.
“Holly s***! The black stuff is on you now!” Zack yelled and everyone looked.
“Oh my god!” Yurkia yelled.
“Are you going to die?!” Ray asked.
“No, it will be gone soon enough. I just need to be with my protector.” I said with a smile. Then I heard footsteps on the stairs and the twins showed up.
“Daddy! We’re ready for bed!” Joy said.
“Come tuck us in!” Faith added. Then Hantaru disappeared up the stairs with the twins. After a few minutes Hantaru yelled, “Yurika! Ray! Come help me put the kids to bed.” So Yurika and Ray left and went upstairs. The only people left were Zack and I.
“So what does it mean to be a second protector?”
“I don’t know. You are the first that I know of.”
“What?! Then how did you know this ritual?!”
“Everyone in the royal family learns the ritual, but usually the person who becomes a second protector dies the second the royal family member bites their wrist. You are the first second protector to live.”
“That’s kind of cool.”
“Yea, but it is going to be hard for you, Erick, and me.”
“Isn’t Erick your first Protector?” He asked and I nodded. “Then why would it affect him?”
“If you get the same feelings and changes as Erick went through he will have to share my soul with you, which could be complicated.”
“Share your soul?”
“Yes. When I bit into your wrist I gave you some of my soul which is why it hurt so badly.”
“But what do you mean by changes and feelings?”
“When Erick went through the change of going from a full blood to a protector his emotions and body changed. He became faster, stronger, and more handsome. But also he became fearless, kind, and brave.”
“So do you think that will happen to me?”
“Maybe. Are you okay with that?”
“I guess.”
“But there is one more thing that might change.”
“What?”
“Your feelings towards me. You will either start loving me stronger than you thought imaginable or you will hate me, but want to make sure I am safe.” I explained.
“What happened to your first Protector?”
“He fell in love with me, but sadly that may give you a higher chance of hating me.”
“That would suck.” He said as he tapped his black painted nails on the table.
“Yea. Also, your style might change.”
“What?!” He yelled.
“You may end up not being Emo or Goth.”
“That won’t happen! I can assure.” He said as he crossed his arms.
“Well I’m glad.” I said with a smile.
“What?”
“I like you as you are, so I’m glad you’re not going to change.” I said with a smile and he looked away as he blushed. “Well, I’m going to go to bed.” I said as I got up and stood at the entry of the room.
“Alright. Goodnight.”
“If it’s not too much trouble could you tell me where a piece of paper and a pen would be?”
“Um…the second drawer in the kitchen.”
“Thanks. Sweet dreams.” I said with a smile and he blushed again. Then I walked into the kitchen and took 5 pieces of paper and 3 different colored pens. After that I heard Zack walk upstairs and shut his door. I went into the living room and sat on the large couch. There was a coffee table in front of the couch so I set the stuff on it. The house had gone silent and it was peaceful. Sadly, I had no time to relax in this moment, so I took the caps off all three pens and stacked the papers into a pile. I started by writing all the names of comrades I had on the right side of the paper in red pen. Once that was done I made a column in the middle of the paper of names of those I was fighting for that had passed on in blue pen. Lastly on the left side of the paper I wrote the names of all of Erick’s comrades in purple pen. Someone walked down the steps and I looked at the clock. It was 11:38 and then Hantaru came into the room. He smiled and then noticed the papers.
“Homework?” He asked as he sat next to me on the couch.
“No. Lists.”
“Of what?” He asked curiously.
“The right column is the names of my comrades, the center column is of those I am fighting for, and the left column is of my first Protector’s comrades.” I said and he smiled as he picked up the paper. He read the lists and looked back to me.
“So what did you name your first Protector?”
“You mean the nickname?” I asked and he nodded. “Prince.”
“Really?”
“Yea. When I first met him was riding a white stallion and had wealthy clothes on, so I called him Prince.”
“Then what will you call Zack?”
“I don’t know. I truly thing I shouldn’t give him a name.”
“What? Why?”
“I don’t want him to become attached to me. It’s for his own good. I’m going to leave tomorrow and never come back, so he will someday forget and move on. I don’t want to take him down the path that Prince and I are destined to go down. At the end is a bloody death and I don’t want your son to go through that. I wish Prince didn’t have to either, but that can’t be changed.”
“Will he be able to stand not being around you?”
“I hope so.”
“I agree that it will be better for him not to go with you, but if he wants to I won’t stop him.”
“Well I am also scared that Prince may fight Zack and I know Zack will lose. We need to keep this secret between your family and me. No one else must know or it will end badly for Zack.”
“That’s true. We shouldn’t tell Erick of this.”
“Yea.” I said and we both smiled.
“So what is your next move?”
“I’m going to fight and kill the hunters.”
“But there are thousands of them!”
“I don’t care the odds. I’m going to die regardless, so I might as well die trying.”
“You are definitely fit to be queen.” He said with a smile.
“Thanks.”
“Well I’ll let you sleep.” He said as he got up and went to the other side of the room. He walked back over to me and handed me a large blanket. “Good night.” He said and then he went back upstairs.
For the rest of the night I made battle plans and wrote them on the papers. When the clock said 2 I felt a strain in my arm. I looked down to see that the blackness of the curse had gotten all the way to my stomach and half of my other arm. I could barely feel my arm and prayed Erick would be here soon. I couldn’t sleep because of the pain of my body where the blackness touched. I started to cry it hurt so badly and I tried to hold it back but then I remembered mom and dad. Then I cried so hard I was having trouble breathing. I started to think about how I couldn’t do this and then I quickly tried to stop crying when I heard someone coming down the stairs but they were too fast. I prayed it was none of the little kids because I didn’t want to make them cry too. Luckily Zack came around the corner and saw me as I wiped my face and more tears replaced the ones that I had wiped away.
“Rory? You okay?” He asked and I realized it was too dark in the room for him to see me well from so far. He quickly walked over to me and sat down next to me. He saw I was crying and I could tell he felt sorry for me.
“S***. Sorry.” I said in between fast breaths. He handed me a long sleeve shirt and one glove.
“To cover up the blackness.”
“Thanks.” I said as I put the shirt on over my tank top.
“Are you gonna be okay?”
I finally stopped crying and sat up straight. “Yea. Sorry about that.” I said as I wiped my final tears away.
“What were you thinking about?”
“Different stuff.”
“Like what? You can tell me.” He said and I could tell his mood towards me had changed.
“My parents and how I don’t think I can do this fight on my own.” I said as I held back tears.
“You have your protectors, so you aren’t alone.”
“Yea.”
“So when are you leaving tomorrow?”
“Once Erick gets here, which will be early.”
“What should I pack?” He asked curiously.
“What?”
“I’m your second Protector, so I have to go with you to protect you.”
“You don’t need to do that. You should stay here with your family.”
“But I don’t want to.”
“Huh?”
“Those feelings you told me I would get have come in a flood in the past few hours and now I don’t want to leave your side.”
“No, Zack. You must stay here. I don’t want you to end up like Erick and me.”
“Rory, I have to go. I don’t think I can live without seeing you. I had trouble staying away from you this long.”
“Are you sure you can’t stay?”
“I have to go or I’ll die.”
“Alright. But to come you must get your new name.”
“What?”
“Actually a nickname is the correct word.”
“Do all protectors get one? Does Erick have one?”
“Yea. His is Prince.” I said. “We decided on the name together, so you and I must choose one for you.”
“Like what?”
“I don’t know. Something like Guardian or Slayer or Tragedy.”
“Where did you get those?”
“You are going to protect me so guardian, you look like you could kill someone so Slayer, and you’re emo look reminds me of tragedy.” I said and he laughed quietly.
“I like Slayer.”
“Me too.” I said. “So Slayer it is.” We both smiled.

I woke up after a nightmare of Zack dieing by saving me. I saw the legs of someone next to my face, so I looked up to see I was sleeping in Zack’s lap. I felt a tear escape me because I was glad he hadn’t died and that it had just been a dream. But the hot tear ran down my face and as it hit Zack’s leg he woke up. “You okay?” He asked.
“Yea. I just had a bad dream.” I said with a smiled.
“What time is it?” He asked as he rubbed his eyes.
I looked at the clock. “5:23.”
“Damn. I’m gonna have to get up in a few hours.” He said as he put his hand on my waist and smiled like me lying in his lap was no big deal.
“Sorry I used you as a pillow.” I said with a smile as I noticed I also had the blanket on my legs.
“It’s fine. You kept me warm.” He said with a smile. I felt ashamed that I was going to take such a kind person into battle and he noticed my sorrow.
“Is something wrong?” He asked as he stroked my hair.
“I can’t take you with me when I leave.” I said as I looked at my feet.
“What? Why not? I’m your second protector.”
“We can forget that I made you my protector.”
“But I don’t want to forget and I want to come with you.”
“I’m going into a great battle and I don’t want you to get hurt.”
“I can handle it and anyways, staying away from you now would hurt more than dieing.” He said with a smile.
“I don’t know.” I said and he kissed my forehead.
“Don’t worry. I can protect you and myself.” He said with another smile. I sat up and hugged him.
“Alright.” I said and then I felt my eyes close.

“You two look very cozy.” I heard someone say and I opened my eyes to see Prince standing next to Hantaru and looking at us. I realized I had been sleeping against Zack’s shoulder for the rest of the night and smiled with a blush. Then I noticed Prince was holding a black fur ball in one hand and a suitcase in the other.
“Devil!” I yelled as I jumped up and went over to Prince.
“You greet the cat, but not me?” Prince said.
“Hi Prince.” I said as I kissed him. “It took you long enough.” I smiled and so did he.
“General Erick came about ten minutes ago.” Hantaru said.
“Oh. Well thank you for letting him in and thanks again for letting me stay here.” I said with a smile.
“So the King is gone?” Prince asked me with a sad expression.
“Yes. He was killed by a vampiric hunter.”
“So one truly exists?”
“Yes and I’m sure he is after us now.”
“Then we should leave as soon as possible. We don’t want to put this family in danger.” Prince said and then he handed me Devil.
“Hey kitty-kitty-kitty!” I said as I petted her and she purred.
“So this is Prince?” Zack said as he stood next to me.
“Yep.” I said with a smile to Zack and Prince scowled.
“And this is?” Prince asked.
“This is Zack. He is Hantaru’s son.”
“Hassle?” Prince asked Hantaru and they both laughed like old friends. I heard three children run down the stairs and we all looked as Dylan and the twins showed up.
“Rory!” The twins yelled together as they ran and hugged me.
“Are you friend or foe?” Dylan asked Prince.
“Rory?” Prince asked as he looked at Dylan.
“Dylan, he is friend.” I said with a smile.
“What is your rank?” Dylan asked Prince.
“Top general.” Prince said with a proud smile.
“Very good.” Dylan said and then he and the girls left.
“Odd child.” Prince said.
“He’s sweet.” I said with a smile.
“So shall we go?” Prince asked.
“Yes. But first I need to talk to Hantaru privately.” I said and Prince nodded. Then he left and so did Zack.
“What is it?” Hantaru asked me.
“Zack has decided that he is going to come with me. I tried to convince him not to, but he is persistent.”
“Alright. I will have him pack quickly. But while he does, why don’t you two stay for breakfast?”
“We’d be delighted to.” I said with a smile. Hantaru took Zack upstairs while I went and got up all the kids. I first went into Kelly’s room. “Kelly? Time to wake up.” I said in a sweet, quiet voice while rubbing her back.
“Mmmn.” She moaned as she opened her eyes.
“Good morning.” I said with a friendly smile.
“Hey, you’re still here!” she said as she yawned. Then she looked at the door and grabbed my shoulder. “Who’s that?” She asked. I turned around to see Prince leaning against the doorframe and watching us.
“That’s my friend. Don’t worry, he won’t hurt you.” I said and she let go of my shoulder.
“Is he a vampire too?”
“Yes. He is General Erick of the empyreal army.”
“Really?” She asked and I nodded. “Good choice. He’s cute.” She whispered and then we both laughed.
“Could you wake Ray and Yurika for me?” I asked. “I’ll get the kids.” I said and she smiled.
“Sure. Has dad started breakfast?”
“No. He has to talk to Zack, but he will soon.” I said and then I left her room. I went into the room two doors down and opened the door. Sammy and Airi were sleeping in there. There were two more beds, which I guessed were for the twins. I walked over to Sammy and woke her, and then I went over to Airi and woke her also.
“Are you leaving?” Sammy asked me sadly.
“Yea. But I’m going to stay for breakfast.”
“Really?!” Airi asked me.
“Yep. Now why don’t you two go downstairs?” I asked and they left the room, but when they got out their door they screamed. I quickly ran out to them. “What?!” I yelled as I saw them hugging each other and looking at Prince, who was at the end of the hall.
“Intruder!” Airi yelled.
“Robber!” Sammy yelled.
“Murder!” Airi added and I laughed. They looked at me oddly.
“Girls, that is my friend, General Erick of the empyreal army.” I said. “He won’t hurt you.”
“Oh.” They both said and then they went downstairs.
“Where’s Devil?” I asked him and he shrugged. “Could you go find her?” I asked and he went downstairs. I saw Yurika’s door was open and so was Ray’s. Then I went into the little boy’s room. I woke up Tyler, Garrett, and James. Then they went downstairs as Jake saw me. He made baby noises and tried to talk to me. “I know, I know.” I said as I agreed with whatever he was saying. Then I got him out of the crib and carried him downstairs. I saw everyone except for Zack, Prince, and Hantaru at the table. Then I went into the kitchen and found Hantaru flipping pancakes and Prince talking to him while scratching behind Devil’s ears.
“No, I’ve never met him.” Prince replied to Hantaru and I had no idea what they were talking about.
“Oh! Hello Rory! I see you’ve gotten Jake for me?” Hantaru said.
“Yea.” I said as Jake grabbed my pinky and clutched it.
“Jake?” Prince asked me.
“Yea. This is Jake.” I said as I walked over to Prince.
“Are you usually good with children?”
“No. This is my first time with a baby.” I said. “And I usually am not around children.”
“Well all the kids seem to really like you.” Hantaru said as he flipped a pancake.
“Speaking of that, Prince, I have something to tell you.”
“Yea?” He asked. “What is it?”
“Now don’t over react, but I have a second protector.”
“What? Is that possible?”
“Yes. The first in history.”
“Who is it?”
“Zack. He touched the necklace of Hades and was cursed. He was going to die unless I tried to make him my second protector. I truly didn’t think he was going to live, but he did.” I said as I looked down in shame. “I’m sorry, Prince, but he has to come.”
“No he doesn’t. You’ve got me. We don’t need anyone else.” He stated with a frown.
“But he might die if he isn’t with me!”
“I don’t care! He isn’t my problem!” Prince yelled. “He’s just some punk who you had to save because you felt bad!”
“Prince!” I yelled.
“God damn it, Rory! You don’t need another protector!”
“Hantaru, please take Jake.” I said as I handed Jake to Hantaru. Then Hantaru took Jake and the food with him to the table. “Follow!” I yelled to Prince and his frown deepened. I started to walk away and he didn’t follow. “Come General!” I yelled and he knew I was serious. He followed me as I walked out of the house. He shut the door behind him and looked at me as I sat on the ground and tried to calm down.
“Why the hell did you bite someone else?! Do you think I can’t take care of you myself?!” He yelled to me.
“No! I had to save his life! He touched the necklace and as its owner it was my duty to save him!”
“You could’ve just let him die.”
“No! He is one of my subjects and I would never let any of my subjects die!” I yelled as I stood. My eyes filled with tears.
“Then why are other subjects dieing and you don’t save them?! You can’t save everyone, Rory! It isn’t possible! You didn’t need to save that boy, but you did!” He yelled and I buried my face into my hands and tears ran down my face like a river. Then I heard the front door of the house open and quickly shut.
“What the hell did you do to Rory, you bastard!” I heard Zack yell. I looked up and then he ran over to me. “Did you make her cry?!” Zack added as he hugged me and my face was against his chest.
“You aren’t concerned in this conversation! Leave!”
“I’m concerned with anything that makes Rory cry!” Zack yelled back. And then he kissed the top of my head to make me feel better and it worked. I wanted to stay with him for as long as time would permit.
“Let go of Rory, Goth boy!” Prince yelled. I knew if I didn’t step in Prince was going to kill Zack so I lifted my head and looked to Zack.
“I’m okay, Slayer. Really.” I said with a smile. He whipped my tears off my face and then let go of me.
“Slayer?! You already named him?!” Prince yelled.
“Yes I did! Do you have a problem with that General?” I asked. He knew I was really hurt when I called him General.
“Don’t call me general.” He said, lowering his voice.
“Well that is your rank, isn’t it sir?”
“Then why do you call him formally if you can’t call me the same?”
“Because he isn’t an arrogant ass like you!”
“What?!”
“Go back home, General! I don’t want your help!” I yelled and then Devil scratched Prince’s arm and he yelled as he let go of the cat. Devil walked over to Zack and purred as she rubbed against his legs.
“What the hell?!” He yelled to the cat.
“Devil only like those whom I like.” I said as I crossed my arms and smiled.
“You can’t just hate me so quickly!”
“Well I hate those who don’t believe in my rule being successful!” I yelled back.
“Rory, I didn’t mean it like that.” He said as he calmed down.
“Then what did you mean?!” I asked, slightly lowering my voice.
“I mean that you can’t stop everyone one of your subjects from dieing. You need to realize that or you can’t rule well.”
“I can try.”
“And I will help you do so.” He said with a smile as both of our tempers weakened.
“And so will Slayer. If you can’t accept him, then I can’t accept you. He is also part of me so he has as much right to be here as you.”
“Okay. He can come.” Prince said as he walked and stopped in front of me. “So am I still General?”
“No. You can be Prince.” I said with a faint smile.
“I’m sorry I yelled.” He said and returned my faint smile.
“I’m glad I did yell.” I said with a joking smile. “I need to keep you on track.” He laughed and then hugged me. “So are you coming with us, Slayer?” I asked. “You can still back out if you want.”
“I’m coming with.” Zack replied.
“Good! I’m glad.” I said with a smile and they shook hands.
“Great! Now let’s go eat!” I said with a smile and then all three of us went inside.

When we got inside I saw Ray and Yurika run from the window of the dining room and into their chairs. I smiled and let them get away with it because I know they only did it to make sure Zack was okay. Hantaru was eating with the kids and we sat down in the three empty chairs. I was put in between Zack and Erick. On Erick’s other side was Ray who looked puny compared to Erick and on Zack’s other side was Yurika. Jake crawled across the room and went into my lap. I looked up to see the twins staring at the two suitcases that were by the door. They looked at Zack’s like they recognized the look of it. “Zack, why is your bag with Rory’s friend’s bag?” Faith finally asked.
“Dad?” Zack asked Hantaru.
“Well, everyone I have some news.” Hantaru started. All the kids looked at him and the room went silent. “Zack is not going to be living with us anymore.”
“What?!” Kelly yelled.
“Alright!” Tyler, the oldest boy other than Ray and Zack, said. “I call his room!”
“Tyler!” Hantaru said and the boy slumped in his chair.
“Oh thanks, Tyler. I know you will really miss me.”
“Sorry.” Tyler said quietly.
“But where is he going?!” Kelly yelled.
“He is going to live with Rory.” Hantaru said.
“What?!” Kelly yelled again.
“I want to live with Rory!” The twins yelled together.
“Girls, you’re too young.” Hantaru said and they frowned.
“But why is he going with you?!” Kelly asked me.
“Because Zack is my fiancé.” I lied as I hugged Zack’s arm and his jaw dropped at the same time as everyone else’s.
“What?!” Everyone yelled except for Jake and me. I almost fell out of my seat because I couldn’t breath from laughing so hard. They all stared at me in shock.
“Just kidding! Geez!” I said with another laugh.
“Dear goodness, Rory! Don’t scare me like that!” Hantaru said as he pretended to grab his heart.
“You guys should’ve seen your faces!” I laughed. Everyone breathed a sigh of relief. “Actually Zack is my protector and so is Erick.” I said to the whole table.
“Protector?” Kelly asked.
“Yes, dear. It means he will keep Rory safe for the rest of her life. It is his duty and privilege.” Hantaru said.
“Oh…” Kelly said and then Prince jumped from his seat.
“What is it?” I asked him as he looked out the window.
“Someone is coming.” Prince replied.
“Friend or foe?” Dylan said, and I thought for a minute that was the only thing he knew how to say.
“Neither.” Prince said with a frown.
I listened for a second. “There are only two exceptions to auras, but which one is it?” I asked Prince.
“I can’t tell. Vampiric hunters and huntrific vampires have the same aura.” He said as his eyes stayed outside.
“Then it is either that man from last night or Aurora.”
“Aurora borealis?” Hantaru asked with a confused look.
“No, my half sister.”
“She’s a huntrific vampire?!” Hantaru finally concluded.
I nodded as I sat Jake on the ground and joined Prince at the window. “She is my forbidden half sister.” I explained. “But why has she come out of hiding?” I asked myself.
“She’s probably been found by the hunters and is fleeing for her life,” Prince said, “Or that man has come to finish his job.”
I quickly ran to the front door and went outside. Everyone followed, but only Slayer and Prince stood by me. Everyone else stayed by the house. “I can’t take chances and wait. That man is too fast. We need to be ready to fight.” I said and I took off three of my rings and handed the blue one to Prince. I handed Slayer the black one and kept the silver one for myself. All three of us held our rings to the sun and they changed. Mine was still the same sliver handled sword and Slayer’s was still the same black handled sword. Like usual for Prince and me, but new to everyone else, the blue ring turned into a blue handled samurai sword. I had held the ring up to the sky with my right, gloved hand, but I couldn’t support the heavy sword with my blackened hand and arm, since they were almost fully paralyzed.
“Rory?” Prince asked me as my sword dropped and I clenched my glove-covered hand in my not-yet black hand.
“S***!” I yelled as the pain got to me from touching my hurting hand.
“Rory!” Slayer yelled as he realized I was suffering from the curse. He quickly ran in front of me and took my gloved hand in his bare one.
“How much time do we have before that person get here?” I asked Prince, not being able to figure it out myself.
“About 20 minutes. But what’s wrong with your hand?” He asked as he stood next to Slayer. Slayer’s started to take off my glove, but I quickly grabbed his hand.
“The children shouldn’t see my hand! It will haunt them!”
“Dad, get the kids inside and come help me!” Slayer yelled. Yurika put the kids inside and then Hantaru, Yurika, and Ray came over to us. I felt the blackness fill my left hand and it fell to my side as a tear came from my eyes because of the pain.
“What the?!” Hantaru asked as he looked at my hand that didn’t have a glove on it and saw it was black. Slayer followed his father’s gaze and saw my hand. He gasped and then the last three people looked at my hand.
“You haven’t gotten rid of it?! When you said you save this guys life from the curse I thought you had taken care of it!” Prince yelled.
“I tried, but I couldn’t get it to leave.” I protested. Zack started to take off my glove but I stopped him. “No! None of you should see the cure in full effect!” I yelled.
“We can handle it!” Yurika protested.
“And you can’t last much longer.” Prince added.
Zack took off my glove and saw my completely black hand. “Take off your top shirt, Rory.” Hantaru insisted.
“I can’t lift my arms anymore.” I said as I tried to stay brave. Hantaru quickly took off my top shirt for me and they all saw that my whole body was black. Yurika screamed and I held back tears.
“Can you still feel anything?” Slayer asked me. I shook my head ‘no’ and Prince rudely pushed Slayer away from me. Prince grabbed my hands and turned them over so that my wrists showed to him. “What the hell?!” Slayer yelled to Prince.
“You aren’t her full protector yet. You can’t help her now. Only I can.” Prince said while never moving his gaze from my wrists. He looked up at me with sorrow. Then he kissed me kindly on the lips and put his face down towards my wrists.
“The right one.” I said and he nodded. Everyone stood there, watching Prince, in shock as he pulled me closer to him and bent my elbow so that I was against his body, but he could get to my wrist. He bit into my wrist and didn’t stop until I was fully normal color. He quickly lifted my limp head up to his neck and I stuck my fangs into his white flesh. He hugged me tightly as I drank his blood until I could stand. When I was done I took my fangs out and hugged his neck.
“Rory?” Slayer asked me. I turned around and Prince hugged me from behind as I talked to Slayer.
“I’m okay.”
“Only a full protector can cure their owner’s blood without dieing themselves.” Prince said and then he kissed my neck.
“The curse was killed by the combining of Prince’s blood with mine.” I explained and then Prince looked up the road.
“It’s almost here.” Prince said as he let go of me. I kissed Slayer’s angry face on the cheek and then all three of us grabbed our swords. We waited for the unknown person to come as Hantaru, Yurika, and Ray went up towards the house once again.
“Here.” I whispered and both of my protectors nodded. I watched the street in front of the house and finally the second arrived. I dropped my sword as my half sister ran to me. Slayer looked confused as the girl who looked like the hunters ran and hugged me.
“Love!” She yelled as she hugged me. I hugged her back as everyone watched. Sister quickly looked around at the people who surrounded. “Oo la la!” She said with an evil grin. “Going for the bad boys now are we, Love?” She asked me as she looked at Slayer. “Shame on you, love! You naughty, naughty girl! Cheating on poor Princie while he watches!”
“Dear, you know I don’t have that kind of relationship with Prince.” I said as I let go of her and she held my hands in hers.
“But he does wish it to be so! Right, Princie?” She said to Prince.
“Shut up, you filthy half breed.” Prince said with a frown.
“Now, now. Be nice you two.” I said with a playful smile.
“So who’s mister dark and handsome?” She asked me as she looked at Slayer and he blushed.
“This is my second protector, Slayer.” I said as I smiled at Slayer.
“The rigged name matches the rigged look.” She pointed out. “Dear sister, why do you always get the best?”
“Because I don’t chase boys, like you. As mother told us, men go for what they can’t reach.”
“I guess you’re right.” She said. “Speaking of the best, I have something for you.” She said as she handed me a white letter.
“Where did you get it?” I asked.
“I had some news to give you, but when I went to your house you weren’t there. Then a very handsome boy came up to me as I was leaving. He asked for you, but I told him I was going to find you. He asked me to give you this letter and tell you to come back soon.” She explained. “But what I don’t get is why a hunter was looking for you? He was defiantly a hunter because he had blond hair and black eyes like me.” I blushed so brightly that sister laughed.
“Oh my! Sister! Are you with a hunter?!” She yelled and everyone looked in shock.
“Of curse not! My dear gosh! I would never do such a thing! He is merely a friend that is keeping me alive and…” I pulled her closer and whispered into her ear “…keeps me company at night.” She shrieked with glee and everyone looked confused. She jumped up and down with excitement and I laughed. Then she finally stopped.
“I approve.” She whispered into my ear.
“So, on another note, what did you need to tell me?”
“I’m afraid I don’t carry good news…” She said with a sad face. “…Uncle is dead.”
“Really?” I asked as I held back tears. She nodded.
“That means you are the only full blood in the family left. In total there is only you and I left.”
“Well I don’t want to keep you from your husband for too long. You should go back to him.”
“Alright. I will try to visit you soon.” She said and then she ran off. I held the letter to my chest and smiled.
“So who gave her the note for you?” Prince asked.
“No one special really.” I said. “So shall we go?”
“Yea.” Slayer and Prince said. Hantaru handed us the bags and I quickly ran to Hantaru. I hugged him so tightly he had trouble breathing so I quickly let go and held his hands in mine.
“Please, Hantaru. Take care of our dear king for me.” I said as I held back tears.
“I am happy to help. It is my duty and privilege. He was my best friend after all.” He said with a smile.
“Before I leave, Hantaru, I have a favor to ask.”
“Yes?” He asked.
“Please, if you or the children ever have a problem, call me. I want to help this family in my father’s place.” I said with a smile.
“You don’t need to do that.” He said kindly.
“I may not have to, but I want to. I want to be your friend in my father’s absence.” I said then I took out a credit card that was black and set it in Hantaru’s hand. “This has no end of cash. Please use it for you and the children’s needs.”
“What?! I couldn’t possibly take this!” He exclaimed.
“But I wish you would. It is my way of repaying you for letting me take your son for a short while.”
“Rory…” He said as a tear ran down my cheek.
“I promise with my life that Zack will return to you safely.” I said as I wiped the tear away. “I swear on my royal blood.”
“I will hold you up to that then.” He said as he looked to Zack. “Stay safe son.”
“Expect him back in a month or before.”
“A month?” Hantaru asked and everyone looked at me curiously.
“Yes. That is when I shall die.” I said and everyone gasped.
“What?! Die?!” Hantaru yelled for everyone else.
“Yes. About September 10th.”
“What?! Why?!” Hantaru yelled.
“That is when father will be re-born. My son shall take over my position because I shall perish a few months later from the horrible disease my mother died from.”
“Oh my god! This can’t be!”
“But it is. I am not fit to be queen and god has shown me that he believes this child will be a better fit for the throne.” I said. “Then he must be my father second life.”
“Rory! This can’t be! You are perfect for the throne!”
“It seems I am only here as a substitute for my father’s soul. But don’t worry. I am willing to leave.” I said as I let go of his hands. “We must be off. There is someone I must meet.” I walked over to my protectors and took one hand of each. I started to walk and they followed. We walked down the road and no one spoke. I wanted to talk to my protectors, but I knew they had just found out that I would die soon, so they probably needed some time to process the thought. I waited for them to talk first and the silence nearly strangled me. Finally Prince spoke.
“Why?” He asked me and I looked at him. “Why didn’t you tell me?”
“I didn’t want to hurt you, but then I realized keeping it from you would hurt you more in the end.”
“Who is the father?” Prince asked. “Do I know him?”
“No because there isn’t one. I don’t know how, but I’m pregnant and still a virgin.”
“What? Can you not tell him? Don’t lie.” Slayer said as he squeezed my hand.
“Fine. There is a father, but I don’t know who.” I said as I frowned.
“What? How can you not know?” Prince asked.
“I just don’t know, okay!? I don’t know! I don’t know!” I yelled as I let go of their hands and walked ahead of them.
“Truly?” Slayer asked.
“I would tell you if I knew.” I said as I watched them and walked backwards.
“When did it happen?” Prince asked with a frown. I didn’t answer. I turned around so I was walking ahead of them, but was pulled back by Prince. He dropped the suitcase and wrapped his arms around me, so I couldn’t run away. “God damn it, Rory! I need to know!”
“No.” I said as I held back tears.
“Why not?!”
“Because you will blame yourself for it!” I yelled and in shock he let go of me. I picked up the suitcase and started to walk away quickly. Tears dripped from my chin to the black cement of the road. I heard Slayer run to catch me and as I started up he grabbed my hand. I tried to pull away but he pulled me closer to him. He hugged me and I tried to push away. “Please! Just let me go!” I yelled and he shook his head.
“I can’t let you leave while you cry.” He said and I finally gave up. I cried and got his black shirt wet, but he didn’t seem to care. He kept one hand on my back and put the other on my head. He pulled me closer and finally I stopped crying. He let go of me.
“Sorry. I got your shirt wet.” I said as Prince took the suitcase from me.
“Please. Just tell me when.”
I looked up at him and held back tears. “The night you had to leave me in LA by myself because of a small battle that was going to take place the next day. When I waved to you as you left I started to cry. By the time you were gone I was on the ground crying because I knew I was going to be there by myself. Then a man who was also a vampire asked me why I was so sad. I ended up going to dinner with him and after that he walked me back to the hotel room. But right as I was about to shut the door he put his foot in. Then he pushed to door open. Then…then…” I couldn’t finish as I started to cry.
“Then what? Please tell me.” Prince said as he kissed my cheek.
“He got in and locked the door. I ran from him, but he was extremely fast. He pushed me onto the hotel bed and then raped me. He was too strong for me to get away. I truly tried to call for help, but he made it so I couldn’t. In the morning he was asleep so I snuck out of the apartment before he could stop me.” I said as I stopped crying. “Two weeks ago I went to the doctor because I was sick and they told me I was pregnant.”
“I knew it! I knew I shouldn’t have left you!”
“No! I shouldn’t have had dinner with a stranger! It was my fault!” I yelled as I grabbed his arm. Then I hugged his waist. “I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!” I cried and he put his hand on my head.
“Can’t you get an abortion?” Slayer asked.
“I asked if I could, but the doctor said that I would die at the same time as the baby because of my disease.”
“S***.” Slayer said as he looked at my stomach.
I stopped crying. “I want to get an abortion.”
“What?! You want to die?!” Prince yelled.
“Now that I’ve been raped I don’t want to live. But I can’t die and leave the vampires without a royal family member. For the sake of both of you and all vampires, I must have this child.”
“Rory…” Slayer said, feeling bad for me.
“Please, don’t feel sorry for me. I let my guard down, so I must face my consequences.” I said. “If you must feel sorry, be sorry for him.” I said as I put my hand on my stomach.
“He?” Prince asked.
“It’s a he and he shall be the king of the vampires.” I said as a final tear escaped me. “Prince, can I ask you a favor?” He nodded. “Prince, once I’m gone could you become his fake father? I would ask Slayer of this also, but he has no experience in royal affairs and he already has a family.”
“Of course.” Prince said and Slayer frowned.
“I could still take care of the kid.” Slayer protested.
“I wish you could, Slayer. But I can’t leave Prince in this world alone. I wouldn’t be able to be peaceful if he was alone in the world again.” I said and Slayer looked confused.
“I guess he should know if he is coming with us.” Prince said and I nodded.
“Do you want to?”
“No. You can.” He said with a faint smile.
“The reason I met Prince when I was younger was because of my father. Prince had lived in my father’s orphanage when he was a kid, but then my father helped him get into the military. I went with my father to visit Prince 9 years ago. Sadly a year after I met him he was injured in the war and since my father was his guardian we went to visit him. After my father talked to the doctor he told me that Prince wasn’t going to make it. I didn’t want to lose Prince so I gave him the option of becoming my Protector. He gladly accepted and became my Protector.”
“Oh, s***. I’m sorry I said that. I didn’t know. You do deserve the child.” Slayer said to Prince.
“But, can you do me a favor Slayer?”
“Sure.”
“I want you to be my kid’s uncle, if you don’t mind. He doesn’t have any family other than Prince and my sister, who he won’t be allowed to see.” I said. “What do you say?”
“Definitely.” He said with a proud smile.
“Great. Now I know this kid will be protected.” I said with a smile. We all stood, slightly smiling and didn’t speak. I started to walk and they followed.
“So where are we headed?” Prince asked.
“Wherever this letter says.” I said with a smile.
“Who is it from anyways?” Prince asked as we walked.
“My hunter spy. He’s really reliable.”
“How do you know he isn’t leading us into a trap?”
“Because I told him I would marry him if he helped me.” I said and their jaws dropped.
“Rory!” They yelled together. I laughed until my sides hurt.
“It’s fine, you two. I’m not going to make it till then.” I said and they looked sad. “What? I have beauty and power. I should use it while I’m still alive.” I said and they frowned. I grabbed their arms and we walked down the street further. I opened my letter and read it.
“So?” Slayer asked.
“Saddle up, boys! We’re going to England!” I said and their jaws dropped.
“What?!” They yelled together.
“We are going to visit the hunter.” I said with a smile. They frowned and we kept walking. Before I knew it we had gotten flight tickets, gotten on a plane, and were already an hour from London. I sat in between Prince and Slayer on the ride. Prince was asleep and so was Slayer. I looked at the screen in front of me that was on the back of every seat. I saw that today’s date was March 2, which explained why a group of school kids were on the flight. I watched the human students. Some were sleeping, some were talking, some were playing games or watching movies on the screen in front of them, and some walked around the isles of the plane. They seemed about my supposed age in human years and I wished I could be one of them. Actually, I don’t even care if I was one of them I wouldn’t even mind being a low rank vampire. Anything that wasn’t me seemed great at this point. Being hunted, trying to save my people, trying to stay alive, becoming a queen, and becoming a mother; that was my life right now and I hated it. I wish my father would rise from the dead and hold me in his arms while telling me everything will be fine and will work out in the end. But sadly that wasn’t ever going to happen. I couldn’t count on anyone anymore, not even Slayer and Prince. I needed to protect both of them, my people, my baby, and myself. It felt as though the world’s weight was on my shoulder, at least the vampire world.
A group of guys in from of me were talking and one of them kept glancing over at me. He was tall and cute. He had blue eyes, dark brown hair that reached almost to his shoulders, and the body of a soldier. He was one of the cutest humans I had seen and he got my mind off my problems. When his friends were called over to another part of the plane he didn’t follow, instead he leaned on the seat that was in front of me and smiled at me.
“Hey, are you part of the group? I don’t recognize you.” He said with a deep, sexy voice.
“No, I’m not.”
“Oh? Then are you going to England for Vay-Cay?” He asked. I quickly realized ‘Vay-Cay’ meant vacation.
“Yea, for spring break.” I said with a smile.
“Are you by yourself?” He asked. “Or is your group in another part of the plane?”
“We’re spread out through out the plane.” I lied.
“That’s cool. So what’s your name?” He asked, starting to ask personal questions.
“Rory,” I said kindly, “And yourself?”
“Nick.” He said with a smile.
“What school is this huge group coming from?”
“Prince James Academy.”
“P-Prince James!” I yelled and he slightly laughed. Prince James was my grandfather’s name before he became king! I leaned closer to him and whispered, “But that’s a vampire academy!”
“Yea? So?” He asked, “Wait, are you against us?”
“No! Of course not!”
“Good, most humans don’t hate us anymore. I would be surprised if you did.” He said, obviously thinking I was human.
“I’m not human,” I said with a smirk, “I’m a vampire too.”
“Oh? Then what school do you go to?” He asked.
“I go to a public human school.” I said with a smile.
“Really? Then you must be part of one of the royal families! Only they get to go to human school because they have better self control than everyone else.”
“I am.”
“Cool. I’m just a regular.” He said. ‘Regulars’ are what low rank vampires called themselves. It made sense because who would want to call themselves a ‘Low Rank’? I know I wouldn’t.
“I wish I could go to a VA,” VA meaning Vampire Academy, “ I’d like to go to school with my own kind.”
“It’s fun at points and it’s easier to get along with everyone.” He said, agreeing with me. “Anyway, where do you live?”
“About 10 miles from Prince James.”
“Cool! So you’re close to us.” He said with a smile. Then two guys who had been over with Nick earlier came back.
“Nick! Dude! Justine just punched Freak!” The taller of the two guys said.
“What?!” Nick yelled as I looked over at a crowd of kids that were looking at something.
“We tried to stop them, but he won’t stop punching Freak!” The shorter one added.
“Ah, crap!” Nick yelled and I was already out of my seat and in the isle. I accidentally bumped Slayer as I got out but he didn’t wake up. Before Nick or his friends could stop me I went over to the crowd and pushed my way to the front. I saw a gothic boy trying to defend himself as a Jockey looking guy tried to punch him. I quickly ran over and went in front of the gothic kid. The Jock stopped punching.
“Get out of the way!” The Jock guy yelled to me. He was a lot bigger than me and heavier, but he didn’t scare me.
“Not until you leave him alone!” I yelled as I curled my hands into fists. I saw Nick and his two friends pushing their way through the crowd with Slayer and Prince following.
“Stay out of this! It isn’t your fight!” The Jock yelled as he pushed me to the side and started to punch the gothic kid again. Before anyone could notice I ran over to the Jock and slugged the side of his face with all my might. Finally my self-defense classes were paying off! The Jock fell over and I quickly pushed my foot on his stomach. Nick, his friends, Slayer, and Prince finally reached me. I pushed hard on the Jock guy’s stomach and he groaned in pain.
“Don’t ever tell me what to do!” I yelled as I pushed harder. Then I felt someone pull me away from the guy. I looked up to see it was Prince. Then I watched the Jock as he quickly got up and, while holding his mouth, ran to the bathroom. The crowd dispersed except for Nick, his two friends, the gothic kid, Slayer, Prince, and me. Prince turned me around and let me go.
“What the hell were you thinking Rory?! You could’ve killed him!” Prince yelled because he had seen me kill before.
“I wasn’t going to kill him! I just taught him a lesson!”
“God, Rory! It wasn’t your fight to settle! You don’t even know these people!” Prince yelled as he pulled his fingers through his hair.
“I don’t need to know them to fix a wrong, Prince!” I protested and Prince shook his head as he walked back to his seat. Someone tapped my shoulder and I turned to see the gothic boy.
“Thanks.” He said with a smile and a blush.
“No problem.” I said as I returned the smile and he walked off.
“That was wicked awesome, Rory!” Slayer said with a smile. “You took him down with one strike!”
“Thanks for the support.” I said with a smile.
Slayer slid his hand into mine and smiled. “Let’s go back to our seats.” He said kindly and Nick looked angry even though he didn’t even know Slayer. I followed Slayer back to the seats and we sat down. Nick’s friends left him and he walked back to his seat. He leaned over the seat like before and smiled.
“So are you traveling with these two?” Nick asked, cooling down from anger.
“Yep.” I said with a smile.
“Who are you?” Slayer asked and I slightly punched his shoulder.
“That was rude.” I said with a frown to Slayer.
“It’s okay. I’m Nick. I’m part of the school group.”
“While you two slept I talked to him.” I said with a smile.
“So you’re vampires?” Slayer asked.
“Yea.” Nick replied.
“Why wouldn’t he be? This is a vampire flight. There are no humans.” Prince said and my jaw dropped.
“Prince!”
“What? I thought it would be safer for you!”
“Oh s***! This is just great!” I yelled as I hit the top of my forehead.
“What?” Nick, Prince, and Slayer asked.
“S***, s***, s***.” I replied. “How long until this flight lands?”
“Ten minutes.” Nick replied.
“Crap! I need at least twenty!”
“For what?” Slayer asked.
“Rory, what did you do?” Prince asked.
“I snuck. I wasn’t supposed to leave home, but I did with father and now the secret service is going to be waiting for us!”
“Rory!” Prince yelled. “Why didn’t you tell me?!”
“Because I knew you wouldn’t want to leave the country if I was being hunted!”
“Of course I wouldn’t!”
“Secret service?” Slayer asked, slightly confused.
“Yes. Actually the general probably came for me. It wouldn’t be under him to come get me.”
“The general?!” Prince yelled.
“Don’t worry. We’re not going to get caught. Not today.” I said and Prince sighed.
“Wait! Secret service?! How high ranked are you?!” Nick asked.
“Shhhhh!” I said as I leaned closer to him. “Very high rank.”
“Like what? High class?”
“Yes.” I replied, even though I was higher than high class. Then the plane started to land and once it was on the runway and stopped I saw them. Three men with guns came down the plane isle. A lot of the students screamed.
“What’s the plan?” Prince asked as Slayer and he leaned to me.
“Whatever happens don’t fight until I call your name.” I said and they leaned back on their seats as the general stepped forward.
“Do not be alarmed, children.” He said as his fangs showed. “We will not harm you.” He searched the rows of seats with his eyes but missed me. “We are here for the runaway princess of the Vampires. Princess Rory Hope.” He said. “Please step forward princess, or we will use force.” He said with a smug smile. I slid out of my seat and into the isle. I saw Nick’s jaw drop when he saw me get up.
“Something you want, general Ward?” I asked as I put my hands on my hips. Many gasps came from the students.
“There you are, your majesty.” He said with a fake smile and walked towards me. He tried to hug me, but I kicked him in the stomach, which made him fly back and hit the ground in front of his guards.
“Don’t touch me.” I said as he stood.
“Fine, fine. Have it your way.” He said with a smirk as he stood. “Shall you come with us willingly or will force be needed?”
“I would never come willingly to you, you ugly son of a b****.” I said as my fangs showed.
“Language, princess. Do you want to scare your subjects?”
“I’m not trying to scare them, I am just trying to do what is right. Now step aside. I have royal business to take care of.”
“And who said you could go on this mission?”
“My father, King Ulrick.” I said with a frown.
“But your father is dead, so the decisions for your life have been put on my shoulders.”
“Shut up! I’m never going to listen to you or your army!”
“Then why do you listen to general Erick?” He asked as his smirk returned to his face.
“He is NOT under your control anymore.” I pointed out smugly.
“Oh? And you think the control of a rude, ignorant, and childish princess is better than my control? Highly unlikely.” He retorted back.
“Excuse you.” I said as I crossed my arms in front of my chest. “Prince. Slayer. Come on.” I said and they got up. Everyone looked confused because everyone who was my subject knew that Prince was my protector, but didn’t know who Slayer was.
“Oh? Who might this be?” The general asked.
“Slayer.” I said as I smiled up at him and Prince. Then I turned back to the general with a frown. “He is my second protector.”
“Your-your what?!” The general exclaimed. Everyone gasped and the guards dropped their guns as everyone dropped anything they were holding in response to the shock. “But that’s impossible! No one has ever tried to get a second protector and succeeded in keeping it!”
“Well think again.” I said with a smirk. “I have proved that it is possible.” No one said anything and I smiled as the plane fell silent. I stared at the guns and everyone gasped as the iris of my eyes turned from blue to blood red. My powers were not known by anyone other than Prince and myself. The guns floated and went above the guard’s heads. Then I made the guns come over towards me. I made one go to Prince, another go to Slayer, and the last one to me. I pulled the neck of the gun and loaded it. The general’s face turned white and he seemed like he was going to scream any second. I smiled and I pointed the gun at him. “Are you scared general?” I asked. He didn’t speak but slightly nodded his head. “Now you see what the blood of a Hope and the blood of a Joy can cause. Immense power beyond your wildest dreams. Now, if you would be so kind as to move out of our way, that would be appreciated.” I said and he and his guards moved to the side of the isle. “I apologize to all of you for this inconvenience. Please don’t be alarmed.” I said and then I turned to my protectors. “Run.” I ordered and they followed me off the plane and out of the vampire airport. I ran all the way down the road with Prince and Slayer behind me with our luggage. Then I felt my head get light and my legs give out on me. I tried to keep running, but failed in the attempt. I hit the pavement hard and everything blacked out.

I woke up to find myself in a bed that was in an elegant room. There were thick, dark red curtains over the two windows of the room. That gave away that this was a vampiric house. I sat up off the comfortable bed and saw our two suitcases in the corner of the room. I pulled the sheets off of me and put my feet on the ground as I took myself off the bed. Sadly I was still weak and fell to the ground. I pulled my head up with a frown. “Smooth move.” I mumbled to myself as I grabbed the side of the bed and pulled myself up. I moved forward from the bed and grabbed onto a chair. Then I grabbed a bathroom door handle and finally got by the door to the room. I opened it to see a hallway. I leaned against the wall of the hall until I got to the end of it and found a grand staircase. I held onto the handrail and made my way slowly down the stairs. When I reached the bottom I saw the front door of the place and a room to each side of it. Then I heard Prince and Slayer’s voices coming from the left room. “I am General Erick.” Prince said. “I’m Zack Savior.” Slayer said. “It’s nice to meet you. I’m the owner of this house. My son says you two are the protectors of the little princess upstairs. Is that true?” A man asked and I grabbed onto the wall of the place as I made my way to the room they were in. I peeked in as I leaned against the wall and saw them. Slayer and Prince were sitting on a red leather couch and were talking to a 40 year old man that was sitting in a small red leather seat across from them with Nick from the flight standing behind his chair. I slowly went in and stood at the large opening that was in the wall instead of a door. I leaned against the edge of the opening and the man stared at me. “Prince?” I asked and Prince quickly turned to see me. “Rory!” He yelled in surprise. But before Prince could get over to me Slayer was already in front of me. “Are you feeling better?” Slayer asked. “I’m still having trouble standing.” I said truthfully. “Why did you leave the room if you’re still not fully recovered?” Prince asked as he stood next to Slayer. “I was just curious where I was.” I said. Prince took my left arm and Slayer took my right. They helped me stay up while we went over to the couch and I sat between them. I looked at Nick who was staring at me in a shocked way. “Hi Nick.” I said with a smile. “Princess.” He said with a bow. “You don’t need to bow to me.” “So you must be the princess.” Said the man. “Yes. You must be Nick’s father.” I said kindly. “I certainly am and we are happy to have you staying with us.” He said with a kind smile. “We thank you for letting us stay.” I said as I returned the smile even though I really had no clue why we were here. “If you don’t mind, sir, I think it would be best if we went up with the princess and let her rest.” Prince said. “Oh, yes. That would be good. Go on.” The man said and I could feel Prince’s happiness. He loved being around my father and this man seemed a lot like him. That thought made me want to cry. Prince got up and so did Slayer. I knew I was going to fall if I tried by myself, so I grabbed onto the side of the couch and pulled myself up. Out of nowhere, Prince picked me up off the floor and carried me upstairs while Slayer followed. Prince sat me on the bed I had just come out of and he sat on the end of it. Slayer sat in the chair on the side of the room that was near us. “Did you feel it too?” I asked Prince as his eyes brim with tears. “Yes.” He replied in almost a whisper. “He’s exactly like him.” “Who is exactly like whom?” Slayer asked. “That man is exactly like my father in many ways.” “I almost couldn’t bear to talk to him. It’s hard to remember him without feeling sad.” Prince said as he looked at the ground. “May he rest in peace and be with you in body and spirit.” I said with a sad smile. We sat there in awkward silence for a long time. Then my mind diverted to death and I spoke. “Prince, Slayer,” I said and they looked at me curiously. “I want you to know that once I join my father I will do all in my power to be with you in mind, body, and spirit.” “Rory…” Prince started to say. “I don’t want to leave either of you just because of death.” I added and they looked sad. “I want to stay with you two forever.” They looked at me and both of them were crying. “Father and I shall help you when you need it. We will help you raise him.” I said as I put my hand on my stomach. Then I felt hot tears run down my face and I couldn’t speak anymore. I quickly took out a necklace and handed it to Prince. “This is your father’s royal necklace!” Prince exclaimed. “Yes. The morning before he died he gave it to me to give to you.” I said as I slowly got off the bed. I stood in front of Prince. “He then officially claimed you the new king of the vampires.” “But I don’t have royal blood!” “You will.” “What?” “My father knew of my child and told me to do something for him.” I said. “Erick, right before I die, you must take all of my royal blood.” “What?! I can’t do that!” “It is your duty.” “But then I will kill you!” “Yes, you will save me from the pain my mother felt.” I said. He didn’t say anything. “You will also be given my powers, so I must teach you all I know before I go.” “But Rory! I can’t do it! I can’t kill you!” “Why?” “Because I love you! You know that!” “Erick, if you truly love me you will kill me.” I said. “If you can’t do it, then that means you don’t truly love me.” “What? That makes no sense!” “If you truly love me, you will put my feelings over your own.” I said firmly. “I WANT you to kill me, Erick.” “Understood.” He said as he looked at the floor. I kissed his cheek and then walked over to the door of the room. “I’m feeling better,” I said, “I’ll be back in a few hours. Call me if you need me.” I left the room and went down the stairs. I started to open the front door. “Princess?” I turned to see Nick standing behind me. “Hey.” I said with a smile. “Are you feeling better?” “Yea. I’m going to go for a walk and think.” “Is it alright if I accompany you?” “Sure. I’d like that.” I said with another smile. We went out the door and started down the long driveway. We didn’t say anything and just walked while looking forward. “Why didn’t you tell me you were the princess when I talked to you on the plane?” “If I had told you, you would’ve treated me like my title and not like the person I am.” “You don’t like being treated like a princess?” “I don’t mind, but it reminds me of my struggles as a princess and they add to my struggles as just Rory.” “What do you mean?” “I have duties as a person to fulfill. Then I also have the duties of a Princess to fulfill.” “That must be hard.” “Yea, but I was born to handle this, so I must,” I said and then we were silent, “By the way, thank you for letting us stay here today.” “No problem. I was planning to leave the school group so I could see my father and so I just brought you along. Also we love having company, so you are all welcome.” “Your father seems like a good man.” “He is the best father I could ever wish for.” “Your father reminds me a lot of my own.” “You mean King Ulrick?” “Yes. Your father acts just like him and their English accents are fairly similar.” “I will tell him that.” “Thanks.” I said with a smile as we reached the end of the driveway. Then I saw a familiar black car stop I front of us. He got out of the side closest to us and had a suit on. He smiled at me warmly and frowned at Nick. Then I heard the door of the house slam closed and I looked back as Prince and Slayer ran towards us. “Nick, go inside.” I said in a harsh voice as he started to back up. “Rory!” Prince exclaimed. My fangs grew and I got angry. “Don’t move! That’s an order!” I yelled and Prince and Slayer stopped. Nick stood next to them and watched him and me. I turned back to him. “Rory,” He said kindly, “You are a very tricky person to find.” “Sadly, not tricky enough.” I added with a frown. “Don’t be mad Rory, I’m just here to talk.” “Then talk.” I retorted. “It’s about him.” He said as he pointed to my stomach. “He has nothing to deal with you, Damien!” “Of course he does. I’m his father.” Damien said and my stomach flipped as Prince flew past me. Before I knew it Prince was holding Damien off the ground by his neck and squeezing. “Prince! Drop him!” I barked. He did so and Damien fell to the pavement. He choked and tried to catch his breath as he stood. “You are not his father, Damien. You are just some man who was stupid enough to steal my virginity.” “Then who shall be his father if not me?” “General Erick.” I said as I pointed to Prince. “A general? You can’t be serious!” Damien laughed. “But I am. You are not this child’s father.” I said as I crossed my arms. “Is there anything else?” He stared at me, but didn’t answer. “Then leave,” I said, “Get in you shitty-ass car and get the hell away from us.” I said, as my fangs grew even bigger. “Not when you talk to me like that.” He said as he crossed his arms in front of his chest just like me. “You’re wasting your time here! If you think you will become king just because you raped me with no protection then you are out of your mind!” “That’s all your father did! He screwed an almost-queen and got to become king!” Damien yelled. “You f*ing bastard! You don’t know what the hell you’re talking about!” “I don’t? Fine. Tell me how I am wrong.” He said with a fang filled smirk. “King Ulrick isn’t even my biological father! My father is some f*ed up bastard like you that took advantage of a young princess just to try to be king!” I yelled and everyone gasped, even Prince because he didn’t know, “He didn’t get away with it and neither will you! Just like my mother, I’m going to give my child the father he deserves and not someone like you!” I yelled and slapped Damien’s face on the right side and he fell to the ground. “Get away from me or I’ll kill you!” “Yea right! Like a little girl like you can take on me!” He yelled as he towered over me when he stood. I took a step back and my eyes turned red. I clapped my hands together and then put my left hand in a cup shape in front of me. I pulled my right hand back as I pulled an imaginary string backward with my thumb and index finger. I turned slightly to my side and looked at Damien who was pale while looking at my eyes of terror. “Are you sure about that?” I asked in a voice that wasn’t even mine. It was a voice of an older and much stronger woman. Then a bow appeared in my left hand and an arrow appeared in my right. The arrow lay on the top of my left hand and I pulled the string of the bow further back. “Holly s***!” Damien yelled as he threw his door of the car open. I quickly aimed the arrow at Damien’s heart. “You’re a dead man!” The older and stronger woman’s voice yelled from my lips. My right hand let go of the arrow and it hit its target. Damien fell to the ground and a man jumped out of the car. He got Damien and put him inside. Then the car drove away and the bow and arrow disappeared. I couldn’t feel my legs and my head went light. My eyes stopped glowing and a tear escaped me. “What have I done?” I asked and then everything went black. “Rory! Rory! Speak to me!” I heard my father’s voice yell to me. “Father?” I asked as I opened my eyes. Prince, Slayer, Nick, and nick’s father were leaning over me. “Rory! You’re alright!” Nick’s father said and I realized, again, that he wasn’t my father. My father is DEAD. “What happened?” “Your powers kicked in when that man yelled at you. You shot him with an arrow.” Nick said. “Sir, if you don’t mind, I think it would be best for Rory to rest.” Prince said. “Yes. Come, Nicolas. We should prepare dinner.” Nick’s father said. Then Nick and he left our room. I was in the middle of the large bed and had my protectors sitting on both side of the bed. Prince was on my right and Slayer on the left. “Who was that man?” Slayer asked me. “Damien Bliss.” “You mean the heir to the 4th rank family?” “Yes.” I replied softly. “Why didn’t you ever tell me that Ulrick wasn’t your biological father?” Prince asked me. “You didn’t need to know.” I said as I looked at the floor. “Oh? But that asshole did?” Prince yelled. “Yes he did! He was blaming that angel of a man for having sex with my mother when she was too young! He would’ve never done that!” I yelled as tears ran down my face, but I quickly brushed them away. “He was the best man ever to live and I killed him! I couldn’t let his memory be tainted with the thoughts of cruelty!” “You what?” Prince yelled as he jumped up. “I killed king Ulrick! I killed my mother and now I’ve killed him!” “You didn’t kill your mother or Ulrick!” “I did! It was my fault for being born and it was my fault that I wasn’t fast enough to save my father!” I nearly screamed as I realized what I was doing. I quickly brushed my tears away and sat up on the bed. I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I put my head in the middle of my arms and tried to calm down. I breathed slowly for a few seconds, and then I refocused myself. I sat up straight on the bed and looked out the window. “Rory, it wasn’t your fault for being born.” Prince said as he put him hand on my leg. “I know, but I still wish it wouldn’t have happened.” I said quietly. He looked sad and I knew I did too. Then Slayer jumped up off his chair. He quickly ran to the window of the room. “Slayer?” I asked. He turned to me and I saw his fangs were grown. “Something is coming towards us.” “You can feel it?” I asked. “Yea, in the back of my spine I got a chill and then I could hear someone running this way.” He replied. Prince joined Slayer at the window and listened. Then his eyes got big and he gasped. “What the hell is that?” Prince yelled. “I don’t know. It’s not a vampire or a hunter.” “Crap! I can’t use my powers to tell who it is! What does the person look like?” I yelled as I joined then at the window. “He is tall and very muscular. He is wearing a long black rain coat.” Prince said. “But his eyes! They’re just like…” Slayer started to add and both of them looked at me. “Yours were.” “They’re the same red as your eyes when you use your powers!” Prince said. Then my phone rang. “Hello?” I asked. “Love! Run! He’s coming for you!” I heard my sister yell. “Okay. I will.” I said as I looked out the window and saw nothing still. “Good luck!” She said and then the line went dead. I ran out the door and down the staircase. Nick and his father ran to me as Prince and Slayer joined me. “It looks like England doesn’t like me very much.” I said as I opened the door. “What?” Nick asked. “Someone has come to kill me.” I said as I stepped out the door. The four of them followed. “Stay by the house! All 4 of you!” “You can’t take someone on by yourself!” Prince yelled as I stopped in the middle of the yard. “But none of you can even compare to him.” I said as I turned in the yard and a dark, tall figure flew towards me. It stopped a few feet in front of me. “Dear,” Said a deep voice below the hood of the dark coat. The person pushed their hood off their face. His dark brown hair covered part of his red eyes. “Dimitri.” I said as I pushed my hair out of my face. “It has been a long time.” He said in his dark voice. “It certainly has.” “You’ve certainly have grown since we last met.” “It has been five years.” I said. He saw all 4 of my friends by the door and his fangs showed. “You have great tastes for prey, dear.” “They are not my prey, they are my people.” “Which?” “Do they have our mark?” “True, they are definitely not keepers. Their souls are too pure and their eyes are too blessed.” He said as he drew his eyes back to me. I suddenly felt angry and my eyes turned red. I felt energy flowing through me. “What do you want with a half-breed like me? Money? Death? A fight?” “I have come because I hear you have done what I told you not to do!” He barked. “And what was that?” “You were supposed to mate with one of us! Not one of Ulrick’s kind!” He barked. I didn’t speak. “You fulfilled that man’s wishes and not your true fathers?!” He yelled. “I could’ve saved you from your mother’s curse and he wouldn’t have died!” “I would rather die than have a child that was one of us!” He drew a bow and arrow like I had earlier that day and pointed it towards me. “How dare you!” He yelled as he let go of the arrow. I quickly took off my silver ring and it turned into a silver sword. I sliced the arrow in half and it hit the ground. I quickly ran to him and he dogged my attack by my sword. But as he turned away from me he grabbed my necklace that I had on. He pulled it tightly and lifted me from the ground. “Rory!” Prince yelled. “Bastard!” I yelled in a choke. “You still wear the necklace of souls?” He asked as he looked at my star shaped necklace. I responded by grabbing the chain that went around his neck. I saw the two wedding rings on it and smiled. “And you still wear mother’s ring?” I laughed in a choke. He dropped me and then frowned. “Shut up half-breed!” “You’re one to talk! You made me!” I yelled as I put away my sword and focused my mind on a plant pot that was on Nick’s porch. It lifted off the ground and came to my side. “Did you hate both of us that much? You killed her and sinned me! Bastard! You killed the queen! The women of MY people! You killed your wife and my mother!” I yelled then I put the backs of my hands on my chest and then pushed them forward. The plant and pot flew at his head and he jumped to his right. Then he rolled on the ground and stood again. “Eliza!” He yelled in a snarl. “That isn’t my name! It isn’t! It isn’t! It isn’t!” I yelled in another woman’s voice. Then my body had a mind of its own. My hands clamped into fists and hit each other, then a bolt of light went almost too fast for me to see and it hit him. He fell backwards and hit the ground. He quickly got up and smiled. “So that is your code?” “What?” I asked as I regained control of my body. “Your code. A code is a word that amplifies your powers and makes you a pure blood for an instant.” “I am not one of you and I don’t have a code! I am nothing like you monsters! I control these powers!” I yelled, and then I thought of how my life would be if I did become like him and I immediately thought of how that would hurt Prince. Next I thought of Slayer. Dimitri started laughing. “So he is whom your heart has chosen?” He pointed to the group. “What did you call him? Oh! Prince wasn’t it.” “You don’t know what you’re talking about!” I yelled. “Of course I do. I can read my own daughters mind and you thought about how you turning into one of us would affect everyone. But your thoughts immediately went to that Prince boy.” He said and then laughed again. “But you also care for that person named Slayer. You’re starting to love him too! My, my! You love two vampires, but you mated with another!” “Shut the hell up! You know nothing of emotions anymore! You’re dead!” He shrugged. “I may be dead and I may not have emotions anymore, but I can clearly feel yours.” “My god! Just die already!” I yelled. “We killed you once! Must we kill you again?” “You and Aurora may have killed me and you may kill me again, but I will never stay dead. I am just like you.” “There is one way. That is to have all your blood drained. Then you can never come alive again.” “So once your child is born you will have someone drain your blood?” He asked. “But you know it can’t be anyone right? It must be one you love.” He said with a laugh. “That is why one I love will do it.” I said with a frown. “So which of those two shall it be?” He asked. “It is none of your business! Be gone!” I yelled as I stuck my wrists together and pointed the palms of my hands at him. Then a large burst of light came out of my hands and swallowed up Dimitri. He was gone! “Finally…” I said and then I hit the ground. Everything went black once again. I became conscious and opened my eyes, but everything stayed black, so I quickly put my hands on my eyes and felt that they weren’t shut. I quickly sat up as I noticed I was in the room from earlier. I looked around as saw I was in the same bed and prince was sitting up on the bed, but he was asleep. Slayer was sitting on the chair near the bed and was also sitting up while asleep. They must’ve been keeping an eye on me while I slept and fell asleep. I must be a true burden on them. I thought as I stood. I started to fall over, but I grabbed the bed and steadied myself. Then I quietly walked over to the door and opened it. Luckily the door didn’t squeak as I closed it. I quietly walked down the hall and went down the grand staircase. In the dark house I saw a small light coming from the room I had found Prince and Slayer in earlier. I walked over to it and saw Nick’s father in the same chair I had seen him in earlier. He had a small lamp on beside him and was reading a book. He looked up as I stopped in the opening of the room. “Princess?” He whispered. I nodded and then walked over to him. I sat on the large couch from earlier. “What time is it?” “It’s 2:18 a.m.” “Why are you up so late?” “I had a nightmare of that man’s face; the one that you were fighting earlier.” He said as he set his book on his lap. “I’m sorry.” I said and then I quietly laughed. “What’s so funny?” He asked with a smile. “King Ulrick said the same thing when he met Dimitri too.” I said with a kind smile. “You remind me a lot of him.” “That is a very high complement. I truly adored our King during his rule.” “I’m sure he would be glad to hear that. He loved his subjects.” “Well we loved him as much as we love you.” “How can you say that?” “What do you mean?” “You heard Dimitri call me a half-breed and now you know my secret. How can you love me still?” “I truly don’t understand what he meant by that. Could you explain?” “He meant that he is actually my biological father and that he was a Mouri when he conceived me.” “Mouri?” He asked. “There are very few of them, but a Mouri is a vampire who has died and has used black magic to come back to life.” “So he was a Mouri when he conceived you?” “Yes. I am ¼ Mouri. That means I am not dead, but I can never fully die and I have the powers of the devil.” “Oh my!” He gasped quietly. “Yes. I am a sinned being that should not be alive.” “Princess, just because your biological father was a Mouri doesn’t mean you shouldn’t live.” He said. “You are the best gift the royal family has gotten.” “Then why do I exist if I am here to ruin other’s lives?” “You don’t ruin other’s lives. In the end you make them better.” He said kindly. “And besides, you are a very kind, but powerful girl.” “Thank you.” I said with a smile. “I assure you, people would still love you even if you are part Mouri.” A tear escaped me. “That’s what Ulrick used to tell me.” Nick’s father stood and walked over to me. He hugged me tightly and I did the same. Then he let go and I saw he had shed a tear. “We all miss your father and we all loved him. You’re not suffering alone.” “I know and that makes it harder to think about.” Nick’s father put his hand on my stomach. “And Prince Ulrick II will make it better for all of us.” I nodded and smiled. “I should go back upstairs. The guys will freak out if I’m gone when they wake up.” Nick’s father smiled as I stood and he back away from me. I walked back to the room and quietly went back to my bed. As I sat down the bed moved and Prince’s eyes opened. “You’re awake?” He whispered. I nodded. Then I sat down next to him. I rested me head next to his on the headboard of the bed. He held my hand and then I kissed him. He kissed me back but deeply and passionately. Then I laid my head on his shoulder. “I know what I’m going to name him.” “Oh?” “Prince Ulrick II.” I whispered. “After his beloved grandfather.” “I like it. It will suit him well.” He whispered as he put his fingers under my chin and lifted my head so that I was looking at him. “I’m sorry you had to find out my secret from Dimitri.” “Was he telling the truth?” “Huh?” “Will you come back to life if I don’t drink your blood?” I nodded. “It is the curse my father fell under and now he wants me to also.” “I will do it if that is the reason.” “Thank you.” I said as I felt a tear run down my cheek. Prince kissed under my eye that the tear had escaped from and then kissed my lips. He wrapped his arms around me as he kept kissing me and then he laid me down on the bed with him on top of me. He finally stopped kissing me and lifted his head away so that I could see him clearly. He was breathing as hard as I was. “Was what he said true? You know, about you thinking about me first when you stated imagining your life like his?” He asked in between heavy breaths. “Yes.” I said quietly. “Was he right about you starting to love Slayer?” “Yes. He is like my family.” “Then was he right about you being in love with me, or was he getting my feelings for you mixed up with your feelings for me?” “He didn’t mess up.” I whispered. “Then that means…” He started to whisper back. “I love you, Prince.” I whispered and then I brushed his black hair away from his brown eyes. “I’ve loved you since I gave you your name when I was 6 and you were 10.” “I’ve loved you since then too. But why didn’t you tell me? I told you.” “I never could. I knew you felt the same way, which is why I couldn’t say it.” “What?” “I thought I was going to be Queen, which meant that I would have to marry a noble. I didn’t want you to know my feelings and return them or I wouldn’t be able to go through with an arranged marriage. But now that I’m going to have a child I can choose whom I love.” “So if you didn’t have this disease you would be able to marry me?” He asked and I nodded. “Are you sure there isn’t a way to fix this?” “Not that I know of.” “But you will be mine until then?” “If that is what you wish.” “I wish you could stay longer, but I will treasure our time together.” He said and then he kissed me. But this time the kiss wasn’t as forced as the rest. I welcomed him as he kissed me and we both wanted it. He took off my tank top and kissed my neck. Then I helped him take off his shirt and I took off my jeans as he took off his. He lay back on top of me and kissed my cleavage that was showing out of my bra. I moaned instinctively and he smiled. Then he turned us over so that I was on top of him. He leaned his head to the side and I kissed his neck. “Please, Rory. Drink my blood.” He whispered into my ear. My fangs grew and then I stuck my fangs into his neck. He moaned quietly as I did and then his hands removed my bra. He squeezed my breasts in his hands and he moaned, then I put my hand over the bulge in his boxers. “Take my blood, Prince or you’ll faint.” I said and then I felt the sweet pain of Prince’s teeth sinking into my skin. My hand squeezed his bulge in his boxers from the pain and he moaned. He took some of my blood as I took his. Then we stopped and started kissing again. “Mmmm?” Slayer muttered in his sleep. Immediately Prince and I stopped what we were doing. I got off of him, but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to him. “Don’t stop.” He whispered. “We have to, Prince. Maybe someday we can finish this, but not now. Not in front of an innocent teen like Slayer.” “But…” He started to say. “Please, Prince? Do it for me? I’ll repay you when we get to finish this.” I whispered. “Promise?” He asked. I nodded and then slid under the covers of the bed. He did also and I slid myself closer to him. I fell asleep while being hugged by Prince and it felt right. I slept better than I had in a long time because all I could think about that night was Prince. I woke up because of a pain in my stomach. I sat up and noticed I was only in my underwear. I quickly changed into some cloths that were in my suitcase that Prince had brought with him. I listened outside and heard snow hitting the ground. It made me smile that I would be able to see snow before I died. I took out a pair of thick jeans and a pink sweater that made my brown hair look beautiful. I grabbed my bra off the floor and put it on then followed by putting on my sweater and jeans. I slipped on my black boots, a thick black jacket, a pink hat, and black gloves. I looked over at the clock to see it was only 7, and then I quietly left the room and got halfway down the stairs when my room door re-opened. Slayer walked down to me and looked confused. “Where are you going?” “To go in the snow. You want to come?” “Yea. I’ll be right out.” He whispered and then he went back up the stairs. I left the house and sat on the porch until the door re-opened and Slayer and Prince came outside. “So what are we going to do?” Slayer asked me. He was in all black as expected, but so was Prince. “Play in the snow of course!” I laughed and they looked at me like I was crazy. “I want to spend my last day of snow with you two. Can’t you stop acting like protectors and start acting like teenagers for just a little while?” I asked and they both smiled. “Okay.” They both said and I smiled. “Sneak attack!” Someone yelled from behind me and then something cold hit the back of my head. I turned in shock to see Nick in all black snow gear with a huge smile on his face. “Double sneak attack!” Slayer yelled as a snowball hit my leg. I turned to see Slayer laughing hysterically. I laughed too and so did Prince. Then Prince threw a snowball at Slayer. “Snow fight!” He yelled with a laugh and I picked up a snowball like everyone else. We all started throwing snowballs and laughing. Prince ran to me and we both ran behind a tree. Slayer ran to Nick’s side and I looked around the tree to see them starting to make snowballs. I turned back to Prince who was also making snowballs. I started to also but stopped when something warm touched my neck. I turned to see Prince with his hand touching my neck. “You’re really cold.” He said with a smile. I turned to him and took off my right glove. I put my hand on his cheek and felt the cold. “You are cold also.” I replied with a smile. “Then warm me up.” He said with a laugh and then leaned towards me. He kissed me deeply and I accepted it. “I think they ran off!” Slayer yelled to Nick. “I can’t see them.” Nick replied as Prince got off of me. “Let’s show them who the best is.” Prince whispered with a smile. I nodded and both of us went around opposite sides of the tree with our snowballs in tow. I started to hit Slayer and he started hitting me. Prince and Nick were hitting each other at the same time. Both Slayer and I ran out of snowballs, so I bent down and started to make a new one. Then I looked up to hear Slayer yelling and running towards me. He tackled me into the snow and we both were laughing and wrestling each other. Nick and Prince joined in and we all started wrestling, but stopped when someone new laughed. We all looked up to see a tall teenager in a black jacket, black sunglasses, and a red snow hat looking at us while laughing. “You seem to be having fun, princess.” The guy laughed as a strand of white hair fell from behind his ear and everyone got off of each other as he took off his glasses. Slayer, Prince, and Nick fangs grew and they slightly hissed at the guy when they saw his blue eyes. They stood quickly in anger and went in front of me. “What do you want with the princess?” Nick growled. “Calm down guys. He’s not here to hurt us,” I said as I went around them and looked at the hunter, “He is here to help,” I said and the hunter smiled. “It’s good to see you again James,” I added and he bowed to me. The three guys gasped at his actions. “It’s is an honor to meet you again, Rory.” James said with a smiled to me.

The author's comments:
This is all I have so far! Please let me know your thoughts on the story!

“James, how did you find me? Did you search all of England?”
“My love for you lead me straight here. I didn’t need to search when I knew exactly where you were.” He explained. I laughed, but not at him flirting with me but from Prince whispering ‘bologna’ under his breathe. “Shall we go inside and talk?”
“Of course!” I said with a smile as I put my hand in James’s hand. “Oh wait! This is a vampiric house. You can’t go in.”
“Unless you want my father to kill you.” Nick slightly hissed.
“Is this your house?” James asked and Nick nodded, “Then I thank you for letting Rory stay here. It saves me a lot of trouble.” James said kindly to Nick who seemed shocked.
“It definitely would be hard to find a place that we were both accepted.” I agreed.
“Is this the guy your sister was talking about?”
“Yep.” I said with a smile to Slayer.
“Oh? That girl I ran into at your house was your sister?”
“Yes. She is my forbidden sister.”
“She is a half breed, yes?” He asked and I nodded, “Well she is lucky to have such a great sister.”
I smiled and then looked at Nick. “Well I guess I will go into town with James so tell your father I will be back by dinner.”
“Hell no! I’d rather let him inside my home then let you leave with him.” Nick said and then he walked towards his house with us following. Nick opened the door and we all went inside. Nick’s father ran to us with a frown and grown fangs.
“Son, why did you let one of THEM into our home? Especially when we have the princess here.”
“Sir, this hunter is here to talk to me. He is on our side.” I explained and Nick’s father went in front of James.
“You would go against you own kind? Why?” He asked.
“I would do anything for your princess,” James replied with a smile, “We may all be enemies, but if you are friends with Rory I will accept you without any arguing.”
“Why would you do these things for our princess? She is the woman your kind is trying to kill.” Nick’s father retorted.
“I am on Rory’s side and whomever follow her because I love her. I don’t care if it is against my rules and my instinct; I love her with all of my heart and soul. I would never do anything that was bad for her.” James said as he put his arm around my waist.
“None of you may approve of his reasons, but he is on our side. He is here for us and will help us regardless of if it is against his own people.”
“You speak the truth, Princess and I will accept him. Not because he won’t hurt us, but because you accept him,” Nick’s father said and I smiled at him, “Your ideas remind me so much of your father that I could never go against your will.”
“Thank you. My father and I appreciate it.” I said with a smile and then I felt someone slap James’s arm that was on me. James quickly let go. He rubbed the red mark on his arm as I turned to Prince.
“Keep your actions in order, Hunter. I will be watching you and am not afraid to kill you.” Prince hissed to James.
“If it is a fight you want, Vampire, it is a fight you will get.” James retorted.
“Prince! James! Stop it!” I yelled and they went silent. “James, keep your actions in check and Prince, keep your mouth in check.” I ordered. They nodded and then I looked at only James. “We can talk in my room.”
“We will come also.” Prince said and Slayer nodded.
“That’s fine. You two need to know everything I do.” I said and then we all started taking off our snow gear and put them in a basket Nick’s father gave us. I stripped down to my pink sweater and jeans. Prince had on a red short sleeve shirt and black pants, Slayer had on black pants and a black shirt (no surprise there), and James had on a dark green shirt and jeans. The four of us went upstairs and shut the door behind us. I sat on the bed and so did James. “Prince, Nick is on the other side of the door listening in, can you tell him to leave?” I asked and Prince left for a moment.
Slayer laughed quietly and I looked at him curiously. “You heard Yurika, Ray, and I when we did the same thing.”
“Oh yea, but you guys gave yourselves away.” I said and he smiled as Prince came back inside.
“So what are you two meeting up for?” Slayer asked as he and Prince sat on the other side of the bed and we all turned into the middle of the bed so we could see each other.
“I don’t know.” I said as I looked at James.
“I have news for you,” James said, “Well first I found out you were pregnant a week ago and discovered who it was. On my way here I ran into Damien’s car and well…” James said and then smiled evilly. Then he handed me a bracelet that had a rose on it, “It’s Damien’s.”
“Y-you mean you killed him?” I said as my eyes filled with tears.
“He attacked me and I had no other choice,” He said and then looked at me, “But also I heard about your father,” He held my hand and squeezed it, “I’m so sorry,” He said, “But I found out who killed him.”
“What? Who?”
“An evil being named Mr. Hantaru.” He said and my whole body went numb. I dropped the bracelet as a tear escaped me.
“A-are you sure that is his name?” I asked as another tear went down my face.
“I’m positive. My father has done business with him before and the man told him.” James said and my hands went into fists.
“No! This can’t be! He wouldn’t have!” I yelled as I started to cry and then I remembered something, “H-he knew. He Knew!” I yelled as I slammed my fist onto the bed. Then I realized everyone was staring at me. I calmed down and stopped crying, “Thank you for telling me.”
“Do you know him?” James asked.
“I do.”
“Who is he?”
“The devil’s creation.” I said with a frown.
“What do you mean the devil’s creation?” Slayer asked and all three of them watched me as I got up and went to my bag. I got out my phone and then dialed my sister’s number. I felt like I was going to faint from shock, so I sat back down on the bed as my sister answered. I put the phone on speaker and set it in front of me on the bed.
“Dear! What an unexpected surprise! How are you?” Aurora asked.
“Not very good.”
“What’s wrong? Did something happen between you and father when he came for you?”
“No, I beat him, but I need your help.”
“For what?”
“I need you to find out where father is.”
“Why?”
“I want you to find him so I can kill him once and for all.”
“What? Why?”
“He killed…” I started to say when I burst into tears.
“Dear! Please tell me! Who did he kill?”
“He killed our mother’s lover,” I said with a sniffle, “He killed our King!” I whaled and the three guys with me gasped at the same time as Aurora.
“Dear god! No! Why would he do such a thing?”
“Sister, I’m pregnant with a vampire’s child,” I said and she gasped, “Damn it! I truly DID kill that angel! I killed my King!”
“No! This can’t be!” She whaled through the phone.
“I let my feelings get me pregnant and made father kill King Ulrick!”
“But why would he kill the King just because you are pregnant?”
“HE wanted me to have a Mouri child so I could keep our race going.” I whispered and Aurora started crying harder.
“But he knows you hate being a Mouri! Why would you want to keep them going?”
“I don’t know. All I know is he killed the King and now I will return the favor. He will die this time.”
“But the only way to kill him is to have the one he loves kill him!”
“That is why Brother will kill him.”
“But our brother is a full fledge Mouri! He will kill you because you are a half breed!”
“No he won’t. If I use his code word he won’t be able to.”
“I don’t understand.”
“His Mouri is my Mouri’s soul mate. He cannot kill me when I become Eliza because he is Henry.”
“Okay. I will find out where he is and contact you.”
“Goodbye sister.” I said and then hung up the phone. All three of the guys stared at me.
“What is a Mouri?” Slayer asked. I waited a few seconds and then sighed.
“A dead vampire or Slayer brought back to life.”
“What?”
“My father was a Mouri when he raped my mother long ago, so I am partial Mouri.”
“But who is Eli…” Prince started to say.
“Don’t finish her name in front of me. It is the code for my Mouri. Only I can say Eliza without her overpowering me.”
“But what is she?” Prince asked.
“When a vampire becomes a Mouri he or she is given an evil vampire to take over their body. She and I share my body. But when someone says her name I become her.”
“But who is your brother?” Slayer asked.
“My brother is only a half brother. He is a full Mouri that has the same father as me. His name is Kevin, but now he goes by Henry because that is his evil vampire’s name. Henry loved Eliza before they both died and went to hell, so Henry does what ever Eliza or I tell him to do.”
“But how will you get him to kill his own father?” James asked and I smiled.
“Eliza is the evilest person I have ever met. She is a lot like me.”
“What do you mean just like you?” Slayer asked.
“She and I are both sinned creature, we are beautiful and powerful also. She did something god hated just like me.”
“What did she do?” James asked.
“I don’t know. She refuses to tell me. But it is part of our agreement.”
“Agreement?” James asked.
“Yes, she doesn’t have to tell me her secrets and in exchange she stays away from the one I told her to.” I said with a slight smile to myself.
“Away from who?” James asked.
“My son. She cannot corrupt him like she has corrupted me. She cannot touch him because he is the king of vampires and will be the best thing to ever live.” I said as I put my hand on my stomach and Eliza’s voice came into my head. Be quiet, girl. You are telling these normal people too much. I nodded and the three guys looked at me weirdly. “Well I need to be going back to where I belong.” I said with a fake smile. “Thank you for seeing me James. I will look forward to our next visit.”
“And when will that be?” James asked.
“Next month, around October 10th.” I said. “I want to see you before I die. It would mean a lot to me if you could come visit me.”
“It would be my honor, Rory.” He said. “I will come on the 10th.”
“I will see you out.” I said with a smile as I stood. He did also and we went downstairs. I opened the door and he put his snow clothes back on and then stood outside. He kissed my cheek with a smile.
“I will see you in a month.”
“Please, James. Can I ask a favor of you?”
“Of course.”
“Can you make sure my son is safe from the other hunters?”
“I will make sure he isn’t harmed.” James said and then he walked off with his hands in his pockets. A gust of wind hit him before he got out of my sight and I saw his beautiful blond hair blow in different directions where his hat didn’t protect it. I wished I could love him, or at least become closer to him, but it wasn’t possible in this world filled with chaos and death. As an unhappy thought started to wrap around me and consume me Prince put his hand on my shoulder. I turned to him and the thought faded.
“Where to?” He asked with a smile as Slayer stood at his side.
“We’ll stay here for now.” I said with a smile and I heard Nick listening in on us, but I ignored it.
“Is there really going to be a war?” Slayer asked.
“No. My body is dieing faster than I expected. I cannot handle a war, after the one I have already started.”
“What other war?” Slayer asked.
“The war of the Mouri,” I said and then paused, “I just started it.”
“But how many Mouri are there?” Prince asked.
“Not many that I know of, or that are truly evil,” I said, “I just have to get rid of my brother and father before anyone else is killed by them that I love.”
“But don’t we need to go find your brother?”
“No. He is coming here and will be here by tonight or the morning.”
“But why?”
“He is coming to kill you, Prince. And once he notices Slayer is by my side he will try to kill him also. He may even try to kill Nick and his father because they are close to me in my heart and in Eliza’s.”
“Eliza loves us?” Slayer asked.
“She doesn’t love you, she hates you,” I said, “She keeps you in her heart so Henry will come kill you and get you out of Eliza’s way of taking over my body.”
“She’s going to take over your body!” Slayer yelled.
“Yes, before I knew I was pregnant I knew Elazia would become the owner of my soul by the end of next year, but now I will die before she can.” I explained.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.