Ancient Power

Author's note: Timmy is very serious about his name because it represents him. As am I. Timmy has been a great...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: Timmy is very serious about his name because it represents him. As am I. Timmy has been a great way to illustrate my point. Names mean a lot to me and I only wanted to be referred to as who I am.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next »

Dr.jackson Beware!

The first thing I feel was my back rubbing on something hard. I open my eyes. A huge glass vial circles around me, shining like crystal. But no, it’s not crystal… like metal bars on a prison or a monster’s gleaming eye as it opens its mouth to devour you. I put my hand on the glass. It’s pretty thick. Who cares? I raise my fist and pound it at the glass. My fist roars with pain. I cringe letting the pain pass. I stare at the glass. Nothing! It’s as good as new… or should I say, as bad as new.

I glance past the glass vial I’m contained in like some sort of specimen.
The vial is in a giant lab constructed of a metallic, silver material like steel. There are various monitors, steel closets, assorted chemicals in jars, and other odd doodads and equipment, but my eyes are drawn to the office where a man is sitting with his back turned to me, typing into a computer.

He turns to me sneering, “ So I see you’ve met your match, Houdini. The hospital is for wimpy beginners. Can’t get out of my cage, can you?”

He pauses for effect.
“ I asked a question, Fox. Answer it!” he roars.

“It seemed like it was meant to be a rhetorical question to me,” I counter calmly.

His head turns bloodshot and explodes, “Okay Fox. No nice guy for you. I’m doing it right now. I’m copying and taking your Power.”

WHAT??? My world is upside down!

“MIGGERS!!!” he bellows. A man cowering in the shadows of the steel room tiptoes forward.

“Yes sir, Dr.Jackson,” he answers, his voice trembling.

“Hook it up. I can’t convert the Power. But I can copy it.”

“Yes, sir!”

Miggers presses a shiny, red button. I hear a beep and then my head feels heavy. A thick cloud of smoky chemicals swirls around my body. I feel my feet slip from under me and its blackness once again.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Eliahumandoglover said...
Please comment. It really helps. Constructive criticism is good. It makes me feel appreciated when people comment on my work.

Gr8man replied...
The story's premise is interesting, but what I think most needs improvement is the dialogue and writing style (it doesn't always flow smoothly). Other than that an interesting read! please check out my story as i'm hard pressed for constructive comments myself :)