The Final Trial of Emma Lee

Author's note: This was inspired like most of my writing is inspired: me, being bored and just thinking about "What would happen if..."
Author's note: This was inspired like most of my writing is inspired: me, being bored and just thinking about "What would happen if..."  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

Chapter 3

Somewhere deep below the compound, something sinister was being cooked up. A shadowy figure was speaking to a white coated woman.

"The first one has just awoken."

The figure nodded. "That's early... it's too early-"

The woman nodded but held up her hand to stop him. "But it shouldn't make a difference. But this one doesn't seem to have the right gene mutation. In fact, it looks like the mutation hasn't worked at all." she quickly held up her hand, for the figure yelled in anger. "It is too early to see what will happen with the others, but if my calculations are correct, about seven of the subjects will wake up early. They shouldn't affect our plan," she said in her Scandinavian accent.

The figure looked reassured. "Just make sure nothing else goes wrong."

The woman nodded, and left the shadowy figure alone.

He turned around, and pressed a button. Another figure appeared on his computer screen that was on the wall.

"All is going according to plan," he told the wall.

The person on the wall did not quite look real. The way his arms moved, the way his lips moved, seemed almost robotic. His voice was unnaturally high. "All experiments worked. Nothing should be wrong. I shall have my Utopia." The screen went dark, and the woman shivered. Her boss was the scariest thing she had ever met. She didn't even count him among the humans anymore.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

Kestrel135This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
A big ball of wibbly, wobbly, timey-whimey stuff... But whatever you do, Don't Blink

KittengooThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think it's a fairly interesting idea-- it's been done before, but so many facets of human behavior come out in such situations that done well, it can never become boring. Your writing is great on terms of grammar and spelling, and you lead the narrative strongly, but more sentence variety would help, and more getting inside the character's head. The structure was all "Emma did this and then Emma did this and then Emma did this". I sort of didn't like her... she seem... (more »)

PrettyInPurple said...
This has left me wanting more! I want to know the rest! Cant wait! (Of course if there is more) :))