Sataru: The First of Her Kind | Teen Ink

Sataru: The First of Her Kind

July 28, 2011
By headoverheels44 SILVER, Dickerson, Maryland
More by this author
headoverheels44 SILVER, Dickerson, Maryland
6 articles 0 photos 6 comments

“You can’t take that! That knife is my fathers’!” I yelled as I tried to pull the only thing I had that reminded me of my father away from the giant standing before me.
“Shut up! As your new father I can take this! There is nothing in the adoption papers that says otherwise!” Yelled my new father as he pulled the knife high into the air. I refused to let go so I was picked up off the ground with the object.
“It’s mine! Let go!” I yelled as I pulled again.
“No!” He yelled as he punched my face. I let go of the object in shock and fell to the ground. Hot tears filled my eyes because of the pain and I tasted blood inside of my mouth.
“I’m leaving! You’re an evil man who doesn’t deserve a daughter!” I yelled as I stood.
“Fine! Leave!” He yelled with a happy grin because of his victory.
“And this is coming with me, asshole!” I yelled as I kicked him in the stomach. He lost his breath and let go of the knife so he could hold his bruised stomach. I quickly ran out of the shack he called a home and he followed. He chased me down the street until his fat legs wouldn’t move. I kept running until I got to the heart of the city, then I slowed my speed and I started down Main Street. I put my leather gloves on my hands because the winter winds numbed them. Since I had been planning to leave tonight I already had a bag on my back that had my school uniform, necessities, schoolbooks, and a few pairs of cloths in it. I walked past the neon sign for a bar that was by the sidewalk I was shuffling across. I felt my cheek and there was no blood except for in my mouth. The pain was horrible but had to bear it. I put the knife in the loop of my jeans so it couldn’t be taken or seen. A group of men walked out of the bar as I passed the doors of the joint. I didn’t look up to see how many men were in the group but I heard at least 5. The men were laughing and talking, but then the noise from them stopped. I looked up and noticed they were staring at me, and their faces were not happy. I didn’t recognize them, but I knew by instinct that I should get away from the group of guys. I started to walk faster when I felt a strong hand grab my shoulder.
“Hey! Where do you think you’re going?” The guy asked as he squeezed my shoulder.
“Um…down the street.” I said, as my heartbeat sped.
“Well now you’re walking with me,” He said sternly, “See you later guys.” He said to his friends.
“Have fun!” One of the men yelled and then the group walked down the street. The man started pushing me towards an alley between the next two buildings and once we were there he held me up against a wall.
“What do you want? Money?” I asked rudely.
“You’ll see.” He said. Then he looked behind him and pulled my hair away from my neck. The man smiled and I figured out what he was going to do. His fangs glistened from the light of the neon sign and he leaned closer to my neck.
“No! Hel…!” I started to yell but he put his hand over my mouth so no one could hear my plea. I knew my life was over. I’ve heard that you hallucinate before you die, so seeing a dark figure behind the man wasn’t shocking. It became shocking when the dark figure punched the man who was millimeters away from my neck. Then the figure picked me up and jumped to the roof of the building that made up part of the alley. I looked down as my heartbeat slowed and saw the vampire quickly get up off the ground.
“What the hell?” The vampire yelled up to the man who saved me.
“Go choose someone else as your dinner!” My savior yelled in a deep voice with anger.
“And what if I refuse to have anyone else?” The man yelled as he jumped to the top of the same building.
“If you refuse I will have to kill you.” My savior said as he set me on the ground and stood in front of me.
“You, a little boy, can’t take me down! Yea right! Bring it on!” He yelled as he put up his fists. My savior pulled out a sword from his jacket and held it where the blade was by his small finger on his hand. The technique he was going to use was very hard to learn but was proven to make you win a battle. The vampire pulled out a sword also but held it the regular way. The creature came at my savior and tried to cut him, but he moved out of the way. He was quick, but he forgot one thing: I had been behind him. So, the man started coming after me with his sword. My savior, who had ran to the other side of the roof, ran towards me but he was going to be too late, so I grabbed the sword that the man was throwing at me with my left leather covered hand. The blade started to cut through my glove and got to the top layer of my hand, but I wasn’t going to let him get away with his life after he cut my hand. I took my knife out of my belt loop on my jeans with my right hand and jabbed it quickly into the man’s heart. He stopped breathing out of shock and the force he was using to try to get through my hand weakened. He let go of the sword and fell limply to the ground. I stood there, still trying to understand what I had just done as the man looked up at me and seemed to still be living.
“Now you know not to mess with me, blood sucker. Don’t make the same mistake in your next life.” I said and then I pulled the knife out of his chest. He gasped and stopped moving. He was finally dead. I looked up at my savior who seemed shocked after seeing what I had done. “Thanks for helping me back there. I owe you one.” I said as kindly as I could and he didn’t answer. I decided to give up on talking to him, so I walked over to the ladder on the side of the building and climbed down. When I got to the ground I went back to the sidewalk I had been on and pretend like nothing had happened. I walked down to the diner I worked at and went in. My boss saw me and didn’t look happy. I looked up at the clock on the wall and noticed why he was so mad. I was 19 minutes late for my night shift. He walked over to me with a deep frown.
“You better have a hell of a story for why you are late!” He yelled and a wrinkle deepened on his forehead.
My new father beat me, so I had to fight him to get here. Then I was attacked by a vampire and killed him. That’s what I wanted to say, but no regular person would believe me. I barely believe the vampire part myself.
“Sorry I’m late. I’ll work 19 minutes later if you want.” I said with a smile I forced onto my face.
“You better! Now do your job!” He yelled and then he stormed off. I went into the back of the restaurant and changed into my uniform. I went over to a table that was filled and started my work. When I went to the bathroom later I washed my knife of the blood from the vampire. Then I put a bandage over my bleeding hand that looked like it may needed stitches. One of my friends who also worked there asked me about it but I told her it was an accident.

After my 3-hour shift and 19 extra minutes I walked out of the diner and sat on the curb of the street. My boss had fired me a few seconds before so I wasn’t very happy. I put on my coat and covered my hand, which was hurting. I dialed my friend’s number and the phone started to ring.
“Hello?” My friend asked with a yawn.
“Shelby?” I asked kindly.
“Sataru? Why are you calling me so late? It’s 2 in the morning!” She yelled in anger.
“I’m sorry. I just was wondering if you have Yuuki’s number.”
“Why are you going to call Yuuki so late? And you gave me his number! Why don’t you have it anymore?” She asked in confusion.
“I lost my old phone, so I lost all of my numbers.” I said truthfully.
“But why are you wanting to call him? Didn’t you break up with him? And he’s out of college.”
“I wanted to meet him. So can I have the number or not?”
“Fine.” She said and she gave me the number. I thanked her and hung up. Then I called him.
“Hello?”
“Hey Yuuki!”
“Sataru? Why are you calling so late?”
“Can I come over?”
“Sure. But why?”
“I’ll explain it when I get there. Bye.” I said and hung up the phone. Then I walked over to his apartment and rang the bell. He came to the door and was in pajama pants and a t-shirt.
“Come in.” He said and he opened the door wider so I could come in. We walked into the living room and he sat on the sofa.
“Thanks for letting me come over.” I said kindly.
“Sit here.” He said as he patted the spot next to him on the sofa. I sat there and he put his arm around my shoulders.
“I’m sorry I called so late.”
“It’s fine. I’m a vampire so I don’t sleep very much at night,” He said, “If you don’t mind me asking, why did you come over?”
“My new father, who forbid me from seeing you, stole my father’s knife and hit me when I tried to get it back, so I knocked the wind out of him, got the knife, and ran away. After work I realized I didn’t have anywhere to go so that’s why I’m here.”
“So…how long will you be staying?”
“As long as time permits. Why? Do you have anything planned? Because if you do I can leave.”
“No, I don’t. I was hoping you were going to stay for a while and was just going to make sure.”
“Won’t your new girlfriend hate this?”
“I don’t have a girlfriend.”
“What? But we were forced apart a few months ago.” I said in amazement.
“I had trouble forgetting you, so I decided to wait for you. I was willing to wait until you graduated.”
I blushed and he smiled. “What are you trying to say?”
“I’m saying I love you.” He said happily. I blushed even more and he laughed. “God, I love it when you blush.”
“Be quiet.” I said, as I blushed even more and he kissed my forehead. “By the way, do you know of any new vampires in the city?” I asked to change the subject quickly.
“Only the ones you know of.”
“Well I saw one today. He was a very odd looking vampire.”
Yuuki stared at me for a moment and then he pulled my long hair away from my neck and analyzed it. “Did he try to have you?”
“Yea. But someone saved me. Then I killed the vampire.” I said as I remembered stabbing the vampire.
“Who saved you? Was it a slayer or a vampire or a human?”
“The person was flawless and had powers so it wasn’t a human.”
“Hmmm. At least he saved you.”
“Yea. If I ever see him again I will thank him. But I wonder how he knew I was in trouble.”
“If you ever see him again you could ask.”
“Yea. But I doubt I ever will.”
“You’re probably tired. Do you want to sleep?” He asked as he stroked my arm.
“I’m fine. But do you have a first aid kit?”
“Yea. I’ll go get it.” He said as he got up and left the room. Then he came back with a black box and sat back down next to me. He opened it and it was filled with all different kinds of band-aids. “What do you need it for?” I pulled my jacket sleeve up. “What happened! Who gave you that?”
“In my fight with the vampire I got cut by his sword before I stabbed him and killed him.” I said as I took off the cloth. Yuuki gasped when he saw the purple blood coming out of my hand.
“My god! We need to get you to a hospital!”
“No! If I go there my new father will be called and he will be able to get me back!”
“Then you need to go see my friend. He’s a doctor and he can fix you up without calling that man. Here, I’ll call him right now.” He said as he got up, got a phone, and dialed a number. “Hello? Katashi… Hey! Yea, this is Yuuki. I was wondering if you could do me a favor. My girl needs stitches but we can’t go to a hospital, so do you think you could fix her up? …Great! Thanks! Well be over in about 10 minutes. See you then.” He hung up the phone and walked back to me. “Come on. He lives close so we’re going to walk.”
“Okay.” I said as I got up off the couch and we walked out the door. We walked down the sidewalk to a very rich part of the city. Yuuki stopped in front of a building and buzzed an apartment. The door opened and we walked up a flight of stairs to a room. The door opened and a man stood in the doorway. He was tall, had flawless pale skin, handsome, and looked kind. He was wearing a pair of dark jeans and a green t-shirt. He welcomed us in.
“Hello. I am Katashi Somonauk. Nice to meet you.” The guy said as he shook my right hand.
“Nice to meet you too. I’m Sataru Blood-Cross.” I said kindly.
“So you’re the Hell child?” He asked as he examined my face.
“Yes.” I said bluntly.
“So where do you need stitches?” He asked, changing the subject. I held out my hand and took off the cloth that covered the wound. Katashi cringed at the sight and Yuuki looked away. “What did you do that got you such a cut?” Katashi exclaimed and both of them looked back at the scar. I giggled and they looked at me weirdly. “What’s so funny?”
“Your instincts are so consistent.” I said and they looked confused.
“What do you mean?” Yuuki asked as he put his hand on my shoulder.
“The minute you looked back and saw my blood both of your eyes turned red for a few seconds. I think the instincts of pure vampires are simply astonishing.”
“You are one weird person.” Yuuki said as he shook his head.
“So how many stitches will I need?”
Katashi examined my hand. “Four lower in the wound and four on top. But what tool gave you this wound?”
“A sword. It seemed fairly new because the edge wasn’t at all dull.”
“Then you will need a tetanus shot.”
“Fine. I don’t need Anastasia.”
“What? But I’ll be stitching up your hand! You will feel the whole thing if you don’t have that!”
“I can handle it. Just stitch my hand up.” He nodded and got out a tray that had skin colored thread, a needle, and a shot. He signaled for me to sit down in a chair and I did. He pulled a chair next to me and put my hand on my chair’s armrest. He looked at me for any signs of doubt but there was none, so he stuck the needle into my skin by the cut. He looked at me; surprised that I didn’t flinch when he put the needle in. But he didn’t waste time; he put the needle in the other side of the cut and continued to stitch the bottom part of the cut. Then he followed with stitching the top part until he was done. After that he instructed me to take off my coat and I did, then he gave me the shot.
“I’ve never seen anyone go through stitching up a cut without Anastasia and I’ve never seen anyone get a tetanus shot without flinching or yelling.” He said.
“Thank you for helping me.”
“Sure. But don’t get your hand wet for two weeks.”
“Will I have to see you again to get them taken out?”
“No. I used stitches that will dissolve. So they will disappear on their own.” He replied kindly.
“Okay. We should go.”
“Yea. Thanks again.” Yuuki said and we left. We walked back to Yuuki’s apartment and went up to it.
“Should I sleep on the couch?” I asked as Yuuki shut the door. He said nothing as he walked over and hugged me from behind. “What is it Yuuki?”
“I don’t want you to sleep anywhere but with me.” He said and kissed my neck.
I put my hand on his. “As you wish.” He let go of me except for my hand, which he put in his as he led me to his room. He led me to the bed where I sat down as he walked over to his dresser and got out a nightgown that I used to wear when I slept at his house. He took out a pair of briefs for himself and threw me the gown. He went into the bathroom to change and I changed in his bedroom. When he came out again I was in the pink silk and lace gown and he was in a black pair of briefs. He walked over to me and smiled. Then he slowly laid me on the bed as he lay on top of me. He kissed me and then he got off.
“I don’t want to do it tonight. I just want to sleep next to you. All I want to know is that you are beside me and won’t be leaving.” He said with a smile.
“Okay. Then let’s go to bed.” I said and we got into the covers of his bed. I lay on my side so that my back was facing him. He put his arms around my waist and within a few minutes I heard his breathing slow down and he was asleep. I fell asleep right after.

My phone, which was in my jeans, woke me by vibrating to tell me it was time for my Friday school day to start. I slowly and carefully slid out of Yuuki’s grasp. I went over to my bag and got my uniform out, and then I went to the bathroom and changed. I came out and looked in the full-length mirror in Yuuki’s room. The uniform made me look cute. It was a short black skirt and a red short sleeve button up shirt. I wore it without the top 4 buttons and without the bottom two. I made it so that the shirt showed some cleavage, which was a nice touch and made it flair at the bottom, which made me look model skinny. I also wore red ankle socks and black shoes. My hair was pulled up into a high ponytail with a red satin ribbon. I had makeup on that made me look like I was in collage, even though I was a senior in high school. I left the room and started to make breakfast for Yuuki. I made pancakes and bacon that was barely cooked, which was a vampire breakfast favorite. I, however, had a glass of orange juice and a bagel. As I put the bacon on Yuuki’s plate I heard a noise from the bedroom. Then I heard someone running and the door opened to show a frightened Yuuki running to the door. He never saw me. “Crap! She left!” He yelled as he grabbed his coat off the couch and started towards the door.
“Wait! Yuuki!” I yelled as he ran out the door. But he stopped when he heard me. Then he walked back into the apartment and put his jacket back on the couch quickly as he ran to me. He hugged me tightly.
“You scared me! I woke up and you weren’t there! I thought you left me again!” He yelled as he hugged me tightly.
“I didn’t leave! I just had to get up to get ready for school and I didn’t want to wake you, so I let you sleep while I made breakfast.” I said as I looked over at the plate waiting for Yuuki. He looked there too and smiled.
“I don’t want food for breakfast. I want you.” He said playfully as he pulled me over to the couch and lay on top of me. He kissed my repeatedly and grabbed at my skirt.
“Come on Yuuki! I have to go!”
“No. Skip school today and stay with me. We can celebrate your coming back.” He said as he kissed my neck.
“I can’t today. I’m supposed to help with the committee today.” I said as I tried to get him off.
“Fine. But be ready for a hell of a night! I will be back at 6 and we can start then.”
“But I have to go to headquarters tomorrow. My first trial is in session then.”
“Then we’ll end early.” He said as he kissed me again.
“Can you get off please? I have to go.” He got off and I went into his bedroom to get my bag. When I came back in the room Yuuki was eating the bacon. “See ya’ later.” I said and then I left. I walked to school, which was two blocks from Yuuki’s apartment. When I got to class one of my best friends trampled me as she hugged me.
“Sataru!” She yelled as she jumped on me and we fell to the floor.
“It’s good to see you too, Shelby.” I said with a laugh and we got off the ground.
“Hey Sataru.” Datashi said with a smile. He was my best guy friend, who happened to also be a vampire.
“Hey Datashi.” I said kindly.
“Are you ready for tomorrow?”
“Yea.” I said bluntly.
“What’s happening tomorrow?” Shelby asked, not understanding.
“We’re going to the amusement park together.” Datashi lied.
“Cool. I have to take care of my brother.”
“That sucks.” I said and we all laughed. Then the bell rang and we sat down for our morning class. Once class was over it was lunch. Shelby had to help the teacher today, so Datashi and I left our usual table that was filled with people and went to a table by ourselves. This way we could talk about vampire stuff without being interrupted.
“Are you nervous about tomorrow?” Datashi asked.
“A little. If you were in my situation wouldn’t you be?” I asked.
“Yea. I wouldn’t be able to stand still.” He admitted.
“I can’t wait. This trial will decide my whole future.”
“I think it is funny that both vampires and slayers will be in the same court room.”
“Yea, but tomorrow will be the first day in history that vampires and slayers will have to get along.”
“Since they have to figure out which clan you will belong to, and they both want you, I guess it can’t be avoided.”
“Yea. Who knew that the birth of me, the first half vampire and half slayer child, would become such a big thing?”
“No one expected for someone like you ever to occur. Most vampires hate slayer to the bone and vise versa.”
“Yea. I hope they come to the conclusion that I can associate with both clans.”
“You and I both know that will never happen. They will choose a side.”
“I know, but a mutant can dream, can’t she?” I asked and we laughed.
“At least your parents aren’t here. They would have to decide your fate.”
“But they died when I was born. That is why there has never been another person like me, once the child of a vampire and a slayer is born the parents must kill it or they will die of sickness. But my parents choose me over themselves.”
“Luckily you have Yuuki and I to support you.”
“Yea. I don’t know if I could do it without the two of you.”
“By the way, I heard from my brother that you are back together with Yuuki. He said he saw the two of you going into Yuuki’s apartment last night.”
“News travels fast I guess.”
“So is it true?”
“Yea. I ran away from my new father because he hit me and I went to Yuuki’s.”
“You two were made for each other.”
“I guess.” I said and the bell rang. The class for the rest of the day was very long and I was happy to hear the end bell ring. I couldn’t find Shelby, so I walked from school with Datashi. We talked for a while until we got to Yuuki’s apartment. We said our goodbyes and he walked off. Then I remembered that I needed to tell Datashi to meet me in front of the courthouse tomorrow. I ran around two corners after Datashi and I saw him pushed up against a wall by a man in a long black coat. The man had a knife held up to Datashi’s neck. “Datashi!” I yelled as I ran over to them. “Get off of him!” I yelled as I tried to pull the man away from Datashi.
The man didn’t turn around. “Stay out of this human! This is a slayers business!” The man said rudely.
“I am not a human! I may look like one but I’m not!” I yelled. The man turned around and I saw his face.
“Then whom do you pledge your loyalty to? Vampire or Slayer?”
“Neither! If you are a Slayer you must know of me! I am the Hell child!” I yelled.
“Then why are you here?” He asked rudely.
“Because you are going to kill my friend! Get off of him!”
“But I saved you from a vampire last night and you sounded like you hated Vampires. Why are you friends with one?” He asked, and I finally recognized him! He was the man from last night!
“That man tried to suck my blood! I only hate vampires who kill humans! That vampire you are holding is a bag vampire! He refuses to kill! So you have no right to kill him!” The man let go of Datashi and turned around to me. He put the sword at me and held it the special way he had last night. “You want a fight slayer? You’ve come to the right place.” I said as I took my knife out of my bag.
“If you can live for 2 minutes of fighting me I will spare this vampire’s life, but if I cut you I get to kill him. Seem fair?”
“Perfectly fair.” I said as I held the knife the same way as the man.
“Odd way for someone so young to hold a sword.” He pointed out.
“I was taught to fight with a sword like the best slayers in the world, but I also have the acrobatics of vampire fighting. I cannot lose to anyone.”
“We’ll see about that.” The slayer said.
“You may attack first.” I said with a smile. He ran at me quickly and I dogged it by running behind him. I tried to slash his back, but he turned around, at the speed of a very skilled slayer and dogged it by running to my side. He tried the same thing but I jumped to the ladder that hung on the side of a building. As he ran to the ladder I quickly put my feet through the last slot of the ladder and dangled from it, but was held on by my feet. I caught him off guard because only very skilled vampires could do that, so I tried to strike his back, but he was still too fast and he ducked. Then he grabbed onto the bottom of the ladder and tried to cut my legs, but I jumped off the ladder and landed on the ground, he did also. I was having trouble moving fast enough to keep this game up and I was getting tired, so I decided to end it. He came at me and I put my final plan into action. I did a flip over him and before he could turn around, I flipped back over him. He was looking behind him, so I took this chance and cut his neck and his right cheek of his face. Where I cut him on his neck made anyone who had this cut pass out. He did just that and I caught him before he could hit the ground. Then I pulled him onto my back and put his arms over my shoulders so I could keep him up. Datashi ran over to the slayer and me.
“Wow! That was awesome fighting! I can’t believe you beat him!” Datashi yelled as he looked at the wound put on the slayer.
“Could you help me get him into Yuuki’s apartment? Then you should probably leave.”
“Why should I leave?” He asked.
“Your pure vampire instincts are kicking in because your eyes turned red when you saw the slayer’s blood. If you stay with him you may get the urge to get blood from its source instead of the bags.”
“Okay. Let’s get him inside before someone sees.” Datashi said and we ran to the front of Yuuki’s apartment building. Datashi quickly opened the door and we ran up the stairs to Yuuki’s apartment. Datashi opened the door and we ran inside. He closed the door and I put the slayer onto Yuuki’s couch.
“I can handle it from here, but thanks for helping me.” I said kindly to Datashi.
“I should be thanking you. If you hadn’t stood up for me I wouldn’t be living right now.”
“By the way, I wanted to tell you that Yuuki and I will be in front of the courthouse on the front steps tomorrow morning. Could you meet us there about ten minutes before the trial?”
“Sure. I’ll see you then.” He said and then he left. I walked over to the kitchen and got two towels wet, and then I brought them to the slayer. I put them on his wound, then I felt his head and he seemed like he was slightly warm, so I turned the fan on. Then I got my homework out of my bag and sat on the smaller couch that sat across from the sleeping slayer. I did my math homework and then my phone started to vibrate. I got it out of my bag, set it on the coffee table that was in front of me, and put it on speaker as I did my homework. The slayer moved slightly.
“Hello?” I asked.
“Hey Sataru! It’s Shelby!” Shelby said through the phone.
“Hey. What’s up?”
“I was walking home from school and I saw you and Datashi walking in the direction of that guy you used to date’s house. Are you two back together?”
“Yea. I’m staying with him for the last week of school and the summer. Maybe even longer.”
“Oh my gosh! I can’t believe it! You’re back together! I didn’t think it would ever happen!” Shelby yelled and the slayer woke up. He sat up quickly because he didn’t know where he was, and then he looked at me, confused. I put my finger up to my lips and symbolized for him to keep quiet.
“I didn’t think it would happen either.” I said to the phone.
“So are you at his place right now?”
“Yea. I’m doing Social Studies homework.”
“Is he there with you?”
“No. He’s working right now.”
“Oh. Okay, I just wanted to know.”
“Okay. Then I’ll see you on Monday at school.”
“Yea. See you then. Bye.” She said and I hung up the phone. The slayer took the towels off his body and looked at me.
“Where am I?” He asked.
“At my friend’s house. I had to bring you somewhere and this was the closest place.” I said as I closed my schoolbooks.
“Why did you help me after you won the battle? You could’ve left me there.” He replied in an annoyed way.
“I wouldn’t leave someone behind, unless I hated them and I don’t hate you. I just fought you to save my friend.”
“But I almost killed your friend, you should hate me.”
“We are part blood related and I only kill people if that is the only thing I can do to save myself. Like with the vampire from last night. He wasn’t going to leave without my blood, so I had to kill him. But you weren’t trying to kill me, you were trying to win the match.”
“I see.” He said bluntly.
“Speaking of last night, how did you know I needed help?”
“I was hunting a vampire when I heard your half scream of help. I thought you were an innocent human, so I helped you.”
“Most people mistake me for a human,” I said as I slid my books into my bag, “Are you hungry? I can make you something.”
“Um…yea, I am.”
“What do you want?” I asked as I got up and went to the kitchen.
“Do you have any fruit?”
“Yea. I have oranges, apples, kiwis, and grapes.”
“I’ll take an apple, thanks.” He said. I got an apple out of the fridge and started washing it with my right hand when I started quietly singing.
“Dear lord of all lives let me beat the sinned. Let them reach you in heaven where they can start a new life again.” I whispered in tune and the slayer looked at me.
“Where did you learn the song of slayers?”
“My mother, who was one of you, used to sing it to me before she died.” I said as I started cutting up the apple.
“Speaking of your mother, what was her slayer name?” He asked.
“Lust Cross. She was the heir of the Cross clan, which is the second best known slayer family of all time.” I said as I got a plate out.
“What was your fathers vampire name?”
“Katashi Blood. He was the heir of the best known vampire clan.”
“How did they meet?”
“My mother was assigned to kill my father and when she went to kill him he didn’t fight back. She didn’t want to kill him because he was a bag vampire and he didn’t care if he died. My mother hid him away, so no one else would kill him and within a year she fell in love with him and my father had fallen in love with her. They had me two years later and then they died three years after that because of the sickness.” I said as I put the apple pieces onto the plate and brought it over to the slayer.
“By the way, what is your name? I only know you as the hell child.” He said as I sat on the couch across from him.
“My name is Sataru Blood-Cross,” I said, “And I only know you as a Slayer. What is your name?”
“Vladimir Faith.” He said and I looked at his face closely. He was very handsome, had golden brown hair, a small nose, blue eyes, and a great smile. He was very tall and muscular.
“Are you the heir of the best known clan?”
“Yes.” He said as he started eating the apple pieces. “How is your hand? Didn’t that vampire last night cut it?”
“It’s fine. I got stitches in it so it will heal in about two weeks.”
“May I see it?” He asked. I nodded and put my hand on the table. He ran his finger over the stitches and then the door of the apartment opened. Yuuki walked in and his smile turned into a deep frown when he saw another man touching me. He dropped his stuff and shut the door.
“Who the f*** are you and why are you touching my girl?” Yuuki yelled as he started walking quickly to Vladimir. I ran over to him before he could get to the slayer.
“Yuuki! Stop!” I yelled.
“Who the hell is this slayer and why is he in my house?” He yelled.
“This is the guy who saved me last night! I found him hurt, so I brought him here to make sure he was okay!”
“Then why was he touching you?” He yelled, not believing me.
“He asked if my hand was okay that the vampire cut and I was showing him the stitches! He was just touching it out of curiosity. Now please calm down. He isn’t going to hurt you or me.” I said as I put my hand on his face.
“I’m sorry. I overreacted.” He said as he held my hand and kissed my forehead gently.
“Vladimir, this is my boyfriend Yuuki, this is his house.” I said as I looked at the slayer.
“Sorry for intruding. I guess I should get going.” He said as he walked to the door and opened it.
“Wait! Vladimir!” I yelled as I let go of Yuuki and ran to Vladimir, “Are you going to my trial tomorrow?”
“Yea. I’ll see you there,” He said with a smile, “Vampire, are you going too?” He asked Yuuki.
“Count on it.” Yuuki said angrily.
“Okay, but I don’t want you near Datashi! Do you understand?”
“Yea. I lost so I won’t touch him.” He said and he started to walk off.
“Don’t forget to treat that wound! Bye!” I yelled and then shut the door. I looked back at Yuuki who still looked mad.
“Why shouldn’t he be near Datashi? Does he even know who Datashi is?” Yuuki asked and I picked up the plate that used to have apple pieces on it. I brought it to the kitchen.
“He was sent to kill Datashi today, but I told him to stop.”
“But slayers don’t stop when you ask them to.” He pointed out. I started the facet on the plate.
“I made a bet with him, if I won a fight with him he would spare Datashi but if I lost he could kill Datashi. I beat him and gave him that cut. I brought him here to make sure he was okay and that I didn’t kill him.” I said as Yuuki walked over to where I was and he stood behind me as I turned off the water.
“Why did you put your life on the line! I couldn’t bear the thought of you dieing!” He yelled then he put his arms around my stomach and kissed my neck from behind. “I couldn’t bear loosing the one I love.” He said and then he kissed my shoulder.
“Yuuki…” I said as I put my hand on his head.
“Come to bed with me Sataru. I want to celebrate you coming back into my life.” Yuuki said as he kissed my ear.
“Alright.” I said and he picked me up. He carried my to his bedroom and shut the door behind himself.

I was woken by Yuuki’s alarm clock, but he slept through the shrieking contraption. I pushed the off button on it and the horrible noise stopped. The fan in the room made my bare body cold, luckily Yuuki’s body heat kept me warm because he was hugging me tightly from behind as he slept. The sheets on the bed weren’t very warm, so I stayed in Yuuki’s grasp to try not to freeze. “Yuuki…Yuuki…Wake up.” I whispered and then I kissed his cheek. He woke up and pulled me even closer to his bare body.
“What time is it?” He asked with a yawn.
“It’s 8:30. We have an hour until my trial starts. So we need to get up.” I said as I turned to him.
“I don’t want to get up.” He said with a grown.
“You don’t have to get up, but I do.” I said as I tried to pull away from Yuuki, but he pulled me tighter to him.
“No. I refuse to let you get up. I want to lay for another 10 minutes with you in my arms.” He said and I smiled.
“Fine. We can stay for ten more minutes. But then we have to get up.” I said and he nodded. I turned over so that I was looking right at him.
“Hey.” He said as he kissed my forehead.
“You need new sheets.” I pointed out.
“What?”
“Your sheets are too thin and it’s too cold in your house, so you need new sheets.”
“Okay. I’ll get right on that.”
“Good.” I said with a smile.
“Are you nervous about the trial?”
“I barely slept last night because I was so nervous.”
“Which side do you want to get you?”
“I don’t know. I don’t want to have to choose. I like being able to associate with slayers and vampires.”
“What will happen to us if you are chosen to be a slayer?” He asked with a slightly sad face.
“I’ve heard even deceiving people can be passed on from generation to generation, and since both my parents deceived people I am prone to deceiving the slayers to be with you. Don’t worry, okay?” I said as I slid my fingers through Yuuki’s hair kindly.
“I believe you. But I hope distance doesn’t separate us.” He said as he held my hand.
“I hope not, but if it does we will find a way to see each other.”
“What will happen to your education?”
“I don’t know. I guess I will just have to go with what happens.”
“I hope that you become a vampire.”
“But if I am chosen as a vampire I will be given my life sole mate and I will have to go through the ceremony.”
“I can’t imagine another vampire drinking your blood in the ceremony to make you a true vampire. I will make the council have me as your life sole mate.”
“Well your father is the head of council, so it won’t be too hard to convince him.” I pointed out.
“Yea and my father has always wanted me to be your sole mate.”
“Then it is as good as decided.” I said happily.
“I hope so.”
“Come on. We need to get up or we’ll be late.” I said as I got out of Yuuki’s grasp and went to the dresser. I got out my black formal long dress that had a red rose sewn into it on the right side. It was my favorite dress. I went to the bathroom, put on the dress, did my makeup, brushed my teeth, brushed my hair, and came back to the room to see Yuuki fully dressed in a tuxedo and ready to go.
“You look beautiful in that dress.” He said as he saw me.
“Thanks. I like the tuxedo. Is it new?”
“Yes. My father bought it for me. He wanted me to look good for your trial so I could impress you.”
“You don’t need the tuxedo to do that.” I said with a giggle.
“Should we go?”
“Yes, lets go.” I said and we left the apartment. We were in Yuuki’s car for 30 minutes until we got to the countryside, which was where the vampire courthouse was located. Yuuki parked the car in a cornfield and we walked up to the courthouse, which was an old cobblestone building.
“Yuuki! Sataru!” Datashi yelled as he ran over to us.
“Hey! I’m glad we found you.” I said as I looked at the cornfield near the courthouse that had over 12 thousand slayers standing and talking. Inside the courthouse were most of the vampires, which I guessed was near the number of slayers.
“Are you ready?” Datashi asked as Yuuki took my hand in his.
“I’ve been ready for as long as I can remember.”
“I hope you are chosen to be a vampire.”
“Then keep hoping!” Ashton said as he walked over to us.
“What did you say?” Datashi yelled as he turned around and saw Ashton with his cross necklace.
“Ashton!” I yelled as I let go of Yuuki and ran over to Ashton. I hugged him as tight as I could.
“Hey, Sataru. How have you been in the past two years?” He asked as he hugged me back.
“Good. Is the school still standing?” I asked as I let go of him and stood in front of him.
“Halo and I took it down last night.” He whispered to me happily.
“You did!” I yelled.
“Shhhhh! I’ll tell you later, but you can’t let anyone else know. Okay?” He asked as he held my right hand.
“Alright. So where is Halo?”
“He’s not here yet, but for the past month all he could talk about was seeing you. I think he still isn’t over you even though you broke up with him two years ago.” He said with a laugh.
“Sataru, who is this slayer?” Datashi asked. I turned around and saw his fangs were showing in anger.
“Calm down Datashi. Ashton won’t hurt you. Right?” I said as I let go of Ashton’s hand when I saw Yuuki staring at our hands.
“Well, I won’t today.” He said as he stared at Datashi and Yuuki angrily like they were to him.
“So who are the two vampires? Your new friends?” Ashton asked.
“This is my best friend Datashi and this is my boyfriend Yuuki.” I said as I pointed to each of them.
“Boyfriend? This vampire! You must be joking!” Ashton said as he looked at Yuuki in disapproval.
“It’s no joke, slayer!” Datashi yelled in defense of Yuuki and I.
“Do you have a problem with that?” Yuuki yelled as his eyes turned.
“I do have a problem with that! As Sataru’s friend I think she deserves better than some ugly vampire!” Ashton yelled.
“Ashton! Take that back!”
“No! He isn’t good enough for you!” Ashton yelled. Out of anger I slapped Ashton’s face. He looked at me in shock, not believing I had hit him.
“I think it would be best if you go look for Halo.” I said firmly. He understood and walked away. I turned back to Datashi and Yuuki, who still looked angry from the fight. “I’m sorry for what Ashton said. He probably didn’t mean it.” I said as I looked down to the ground in apology for Ashton’s actions. When I looked back up both of them looked calm and Yuuki had his hand held out to me.
“Let’s forget about that stupid slayer. Okay?” He asked as I took his hand happily. I nodded and we walked over to the steps of the courthouse. Then we walked inside and when I opened the door every vampire turned around to see me. All the sudden my fears got the best of me and I wanted to leave. I started to back up when Yuuki put his arm around my waist kindly and kissed my forehead. “Don’t be scared. Everyone here likes you and won’t hurt you.” He whispered to me.
“Miss Sataru!” A loud voice said from the front of the crowd. It was Yuuki’s father, who was also head of vampire council. He walked over to me and smiled. “It’s so great to see you!”
“Hello Mr. Death.” I said as I put out my hand.
“Please call me Saske.” He said as he ignored my handshake and hugged me firmly. “I hope my son has been treating you as you should be treated.” He said as he let go of me.
“He treats me more than what I deserve.” I said as I looked up at Yuuki who smiled at me. Yuuki’s father looked at Yuuki’s hand that was around me and seemed happy.
“Are you ready for the decision today?” He asked.
“Yes. I’m looking forward to it!” I said with a smile and I put my hand on Yuuki’s that was on my waist.
“Well I’ll see the two of you in ten minutes.” He said and then he left.
“Datashi, Yuuki. You should go get situated in your seats. I want to be able to see you two so I don’t feel so alone. Okay?” I asked and Yuuki let go of my waist.
“Yea. We should.” Datashi said.
“We’ll see you after, okay?” Yuuki said.
“Alright. I’m going to go outside to get some fresh air. Bye.” I said and I walked out of the courthouse. I found a tree outside that was far enough from the slayers and the vampires that I could be alone. I walked over and sat down under it. I watched two little slayer infants chasing each other and laughing. Their happiness put a smile on my face as I took a deep breath. Then I closed my eyes and laid my head on the trunk of the tree. As I started to relax I heard footsteps coming in my direction. I opened one eye and saw Halo and Ashton walking towards me.
“Hey Sataru.” Halo said as he sat down next to me.
“Hi.” I said as I opened my eyes and Ashton sat next to Halo.
“I’m sorry about what I said to your vampire friends earlier. It wasn’t my place to speak.” Ashton said as he looked at me.
“I’m sorry I hit you. You were just tying to look out for me. But if I hadn’t hit you I think my friends may have attacked you and everyone isn’t allowed to fight today.”
“It’s okay.”
“So Ashton told me you have a vampire as a boyfriend. Is that true?” Halo asked curiously.
“Yea. If it weren’t for the natural hatred between slayers and vampires, I would introduce you to him.”
“So how high ranked is he in the vampire world?”
“He is part of the second best clan of vampires and he is the son of the head of the vampire council.”
“Wow. So he is really important.” Halo said.
“Yea.”
“So will he be the vampire’s choice?”
“What choice?”
“I heard that both councils are going to choose one of their kind to be their choice for you. So which council gets you will marry you to who ever was their choice.” Halo said.
“What? Really?”
“Yea. I heard our heir of the best known clan, who is also the son of the head of council, is our choice.”
“Really? Then my boyfriend will probably be the guy because I can’t be married to anyone of the best-known vampire clan since I am blood related to them.”
“Probably.” Halo said as the bells on the front of the courthouse started to ring. Everyone in the field started towards the door including the three of us. I lost Halo and Ashton in the crowd so I made my way by myself to the courtroom. The place was jam packed with slayers and vampires. I saw two little boys in the corner of the courthouse and no one noticed them except for me. One was a slayer child and the other was a vampire child. The slayer child was holding a cross necklace up to the vampire child as the vampire pleaded for him not to touch him with the cross. I ran through the crowd over to the two of them and grabbed the slayer child’s hand before he touched the vampire child.
“I think its about time you stop scaring this vampire and go to your parents, okay?” I asked the little slayer.
“Yes ma’am.” He whispered as he ran away because he was found out. The little vampire stared at me trying to figure out if I was a slayer o r vampire.
“Are you alright?” I asked him.
“Yes. Thank you for helping me.” He said, looking like he thought I was a slayer.
“Don’t worry, I won’t hurt you. I’m not a slayer.” I said with a smile.
“But your skin isn’t as pale as mine.” He said.
“I know. That is because I am the hell child. I won’t hurt you,” I said with a smile as I put my hand out to the boy, “What family are you part of? I can bring you to them.”
“I’m part of the Blood clan.” He said quietly as he took my hand and I carried him on my hip.
“Really? Are you the new heir of the Blood clan?”
“Yes.” He said as I started towards the area where I saw my vampire uncle.
“That means you’re my cousin. It’s nice to finally meet you, Ulrick. Your father has told me a lot about you.”
“So you’re my older cousin?”
“Yes. There’s you father.” I said as I pointed to my uncle.
“Daddy!” The boy yelled, but my uncle didn’t hear him.
“Uncle Force!” I yelled and my uncle and aunt turned around.
“Sataru! Where did you find Ulrick? We’ve been looking for him.” My Uncle Force said.
“A little slayer boy was messing with him so I helped him.”
“Are you okay honey?” My aunt said to Ulrick and I handed him to her.
“It was great to finally meet my cousin.” I said with a smile.
“It’s good to see you too, Sataru.” My uncle Force said.
“Well I’ll see you later. I have to go get ready.”
“Okay, dear. Good luck.” My aunt said and I walked off. I went over to my slayer family. I found my cousin Derrick and tapped his shoulder.
“Long time, no see Derrick.” I said as he turned away from his friend and to me.
“Sataru!” He yelled as he hugged me. He was twice my height and very strong so he squeezed me.
“How have you been?” I asked as he let go of me.
“Good. And yourself?”
“Fine. Who are your friends?” I asked as I looked over to the two boy slayers behind him.
“Oh! They’re my best friends I told you about last month. This is Fremont and Sadian.” He said as he pointed to the two of them. I put my hand out to Fremont and he shook it.
“My cousin has told me so much about the two of you.” I said as I let go of Fremont’s hand and shook Sadian’s hand. “It’s good to finally meet you.”
“Sataru, where is the necklace?” Derrick asked as I let go of Sadian’s hand.
“Oh! I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me.” I said as I took my mother’s necklace out of my left pocket and put it on. It was a cross necklace like all the other slayers had on, but it was made out of gold, to show that I was part of my mother’s family. Then I took my father’s necklace out of my right pocket and put it right next to my mother’s necklace. My father’s necklace was a rose that the pedals were made out of red ruby, which showed I was part of my father’s family.
“What is the red ruby on the other necklace supposed to mean?” Sadian asked.
“It is the ranking of vampire clans, like the color of the cross for slayers.”
“What clan does the ruby mean?”
“It is the stone of the Blood clan, which is the highest ranked family.” The three of the nodded their heads in understanding as heard someone behind me yelling. The 4 of us turned around to see who was yelling.
“Hey! Little vampire! You aren’t allowed in this area! Go back to the sinned side of the courthouse!” A slayer man that was very large yelled to a little vampire boy. The slayer stood over the boy angrily when I noticed whom it was! It was Ulrick!
“Cousin Sataru!” Ulrick yelled when he saw me. I ran over to him and tapped the slayer’s shoulder.
“Excuse me, sir. The little boy is with me. I will take care of him.”
“Who do you think you…!” The slayer started to say to me when he saw I had both necklaces on, which I was the only one who could wear both of them without being burned by one. “Oh! It’s fine.” The man said and then he walked away. I bent down to Ulrick and picked him up. He made sure he didn’t touch the cross necklace I had on as we walked back over to Derrick.
“Who is this?” Derrick asked.
“This is my other cousin Ulrick,” I said to Derrick, “Ulrick, this is my other cousin Derrick. Can you say hello?”
“Hi.” Ulrick said and then he buried his head into my shoulder in embarrassment.
“Can everyone please have a seat?” Yuuki’s father’s voice boomed on the speakers. Everyone started to sit down in seats.
“I’ll see you later Derrick.”
“Good luck.” He said with a smile.
“Thanks.” I said and then I walked while carrying Ulrick. I walked to my uncle and gave him Ulrick, and then I walked to the middle of the courthouse. The courthouse was set up like an ancient Olympic arena. I stood in the middle where a soldier would stand to get ready to fight a tiger. I looked to the end of the carpeted middle of the courthouse where both councils looked at me as the courthouse went silent. I walked over to them and they watched me.
“We all know why we are here, to see where Miss Sataru will be placed. Now today no one can fight or their council will have less of a chance to get Miss Sataru.” Mr. Death stated and then he sat down as the head of council for slayers stood up.
“First we, the slayers, will bring out our candidate for Miss Sataru.” The man said as he held his hand out to the corner of the courthouse. Everyone looked that way as a tall man walked in and the slayers in the court all the sudden bowed their heads. “Our choice for Miss Sataru is my son, who is also the prince of slayer.” He said. The heir of the best-known clan in slayer society is usually called the prince of slayers, and also that is the same for vampires. I watched with everyone as Vladimir walked in. I thought my jaw had hit the ground when I saw him.
“Now we, the vampires, will bring out our candidate.” Mr. Death said. “Our choice is my son, and the second prince of the vampires, since the prince of the vampires is Miss Sataru’s cousin.” He said as Yuuki walked out of the opposite side as Vladimir.
“If the three of you could please take a seat, we will begin this trial.” The head of slayer council said. I walked over to a long desk that faced the two councils. There were three seats and I sat in the middle one. Yuuki sat to my left and Vladimir sat to my right. Yuuki found my hand that was on my lap under the desk and held it in his. He smiled at me.
“Surprise.” He whispered to me, and then we looked at the council.
“Miss Sataru, you had filed in a argument to this case, you may speak about this.” Mr. Death said to me. I let go of Yuuki and stood. I walked around the desk and stood in between the council and the candidates. I spoke loudly so everyone could hear.
“As you all know, I am the Hell child. My mother was a slayer and my father was a vampire. I am the first of my kind, so this trial is to figure out which council I shall go to,” I paused and cleared my throat, “But I think this trial is stupid.” I said and everyone gasped. The councils didn’t look pleased.
“Miss Sataru, why are you calling your trial stupid? You have to be given to a council.” Mr. Death asked.
“That is exactly why it is stupid! Why must I belong to only one council? What in the rules said I couldn’t be part of both?” I asked and the councils started talking.
“There are many rules against the councils being joined together.” Mr. Death retorted.
“But there are also rules against slayers mating with vampires and vampires mating with slayers! My whole existence is against the rules, so why should I start following the rules now? I think my birth was meant to have a purpose, which is to show slayers and vampires that you can coexist!” I said and everyone started talking.
“Miss Sataru! This is not how it is done! You must be chosen to a certain council or our whole order and system will fall!” The head of the slayer council said.
“But…!” I started to yell when Vladimir cut in.
“Heads of both councils, I have an idea that can solve this situation.”
“Let us hear.” Mr. Death said.
“I propose that Miss Sataru spend 6 months with me and six months with the other candidate. Then everyone will come back here in one year and she will choose which side she wants to go on. Because if we choose for her she may have the tendency to betray the laws and do something irrational.”
Both councils started talking until Mr. Death spoke. “We, the vampires, agree with this proposal.”
“We, the slayers, also agree with this.” The head of slayers said.
“Then it is settled! We will meet back here in one year to decide where Sataru will belong! Court closed!” Mr. Death said and everyone started to leave. I stood there dumbfounded that my great discussion was interrupted and now I have to live for six months with Vladimir!
Yuuki walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. “Are you okay?” He asked.
“No.” I said bluntly and Yuuki kissed my forehead. He stared at me until his father called. He walked away and Ulrick ran from my uncle to me.
“Cousin Sataru!” He yelled as he ran to me with his arms spread wide open. I bent down and hugged him as he hugged me. I picked him up and held him on my hip.
“Hello Ulrick! Were you bored during the trial?” I asked as I disguised my sadness with a smile so my cousin wouldn’t worry.
“Yea. Hey! Do you want to play tag with me?” He said excitedly.
“Sure! I’ll count to ten and you run, okay?” I asked as I put him down.
“Okay!” He said and then he started to run in the empty center of the courthouse. I counted to ten and ran slowly after him. I could’ve easily caught him, but I wanted him to think he was fast, so I slowed down. I finally caught up to him and tagged him.
“Got you! You’re it!” I said and then I slowly ran away. Right before he caught me I saw my uncle walking over to Vladimir like he was going to kill him. I quickly ran over to them as my uncle got to him, but he didn’t hit him.
“If you do anything to my niece during those 6 months you are going to be with her, you will have to face all the vampires in the world because she is the princess of the vampires!” My uncle yelled to him as his fangs showed.
“Uncle!” I hissed as they noticed me and Ulrick tagged my leg.
“Got you!” He said with a giggle.
“Come on son. Say goodbye to Sataru. We have to go.” My Uncle said, understanding that he shouldn’t have talked to Vladimir.
“But I want to play with Sataru!” Ulrick said as he hugged the bottom of my leg.
“Hey Ulrick! How about I come visit you next Friday? I can take you anywhere you want and we can play together.”
“Yea! Daddy can I?” He asked my Uncle.
“Sure. When should we expect you?”
“Right after school, so about 4.”
“Alright. Come on Ulrick. Mother is waiting.” Uncle said and the two of them left. I looked at Vladimir, who was staring at me, and walked off. I went to the main hall that was in front of the courtroom and found a mirror. I heard Vladimir following me but I ignored him. My right eye was red, like all vampires eyes turned when they were drinking blood, but it only happen to me when I had my father’s necklace. My left eye was golden, like slayers eyes turned when they were killing a vampire, but it only happened to me when I was wearing my mother’s necklace. I took off both of the necklaces and my eyes turned into their glistening blue. It looked odd with my black hair, but most called it a beautiful match. I fixed my hair with a sad frown on my face and Vladimir tapped my shoulder. I turned around, looked at him, and walked off.
He ran after me while yelling, “Sataru! Wait up!” I ignored him and walked to Yuuki’s car. He wasn’t there so I sat on the hood of the car. Vladimir stood in front of the car. “Why didn’t you stop when I called you?”
“Because I don’t want to talk to you. I thought you would get it soon enough, but I guess you are stupid compared to the slayers I know.” I said as I finally looked at him.
“Why don’t you want to talk to me?”
“Because you interrupted me while I was defending my parents! What in Satin’s name made you think it was okay to interrupt me?” I yelled.
“You weren’t defending your parents in there. You were defending yourself.” He protested.
“No. I don’t care what side I go to, so I wouldn’t defend myself, but my parents wanted me to bring the slayers and vampires on good terms! That is why they died so I could live!” I yelled as tears ran down my face. He looked ashamed for making me cry, so he said nothing. “Just to let you know, now that you made it so my parents wishes won’t be fulfilled I’m going to make the six months with you a living nightmare. Just wait and see.” I said and Yuuki walked over to us. “Let’s go home Yuuki. I don’t want to be here anymore.”
“Okay. By the way slayer, I will be taking the first six months with Sataru and you can have the last six.” He said and we got into the car. Yuuki drove away as Vladimir watched us. Once he was out of sight I slid into my seat in relief of getting away from him. Yuuki and I didn’t talk the whole way home. Once he stopped and turned off the car I was cold and tired. Yuuki looked at me and kissed my forehead. When he lifted away he looked concerned.
“What is it?” I asked. He didn’t say a word, but he put his hand on my head. He looked even more concerned when he took his hand off of me. “Yuuki, don’t look like that and not say anything!”
“Are you feeling okay?” He asked, “Because you are really pale.”
“I’m just a little cold.”
“I think you might have a fever.”
“I don’t feel like I do.”
“Let’s go upstairs and check you temperature.” He said. We got out of the car and walked upstairs. When we were in the apartment he got out a thermometer. He put it in my mouth and we waited. Finally the contraption beeped and Yuuki took it out of my mouth. He looked at the number and looked concerned again.
“What is it? Let me see.” I said. He handed me the thermometer and walked over to the kitchen. He got out his phone and started to call someone. I looked at the number and couldn’t believe it! It said I had a temperature of 103.7 degrees Fahrenheit!
“Hello? Is this Katashi?” He asked through the phone. “Can you see my girl right now? She’s running a high fever and I don’t know what’s wrong with her.” There was a long pause. “Great! We’ll be over shortly.” Yuuki said and hung up the phone.
“Are we going to Katashi’s?” I asked.
“Yes. I want him to look at you.” He said as he walked over to me. We left the apartment again and walked to Katashi’s apartment. He welcomed us in immediately. But, right as we walked in Yuuki’s phone went off.
“I’ll look at Sataru, you go get work done.” Katashi said and Yuuki left. “So how do you feel? Does anything hurt?” Katashi asked me and I sat in a chair.
“My stomach has been hurting for a few days and so has my head.”
“Let me check your pulse.”
“Alright.” I said as he took the thing around his neck, put the ends of it in his ears, and put the other end to my stomach. He listened for a moment.
“Take a deep breath.” He instructed and I did so. He listened for a little longer. “Your stomach sounds weird. I’m going to do an MRI scan to see if there is something in there, okay?” He asked.
“Sure.” I said and he handed me a heavy thing that I put on like a shirt. Then he had me stand against a wall and he used a thing that looked like an odd camera that was hooked to the wall. He took a few pictures of my stomach and went into a room to get the pictures. Then he came back.
“Sataru, I know this is off subject, but I’ve always wanted to know what kind of relationship you have with Yuuki.”
“We are lovers.”
“Do you love him?”
“Yea, I do.” I said as I took off the thing that was on me.
“Good, because he seems to love you,” He said, “Let’s go back to the chairs.” We walked back to the chairs we had been in and sat down. “Have you had sex with anyone other than Yuuki?” He asked.
“No.”
“Have you two had sex in the past two weeks?”
“Yes, but why do you ask?”
“I’ll tell you in a minute, but first I want you to lay on that table and I will do a sonogram.” He said. I did as instructed and he put this gel on my stomach. Then he put a large thing that looked like a suction cup on my stomach and looked at a screen that was hooked to it. “I was right.” He said as he stopped moving the thing.
“What is it?” I asked. He turned the screen to me and pointed to a little dot that would appear, then vanish and did it every few seconds.
“This is a small heartbeat.”
“What do you mean, there is a heartbeat inside my stomach?”
“It isn’t in your stomach, it is in you cervix,” He said, “Do you understand what I am getting to?”
“No, what are you trying to get to?”
“I don’t know how this could happen to you, but you’re pregnant with Yuuki’s baby.”
“What? This can’t be true! I’m not supposed to be able to reproduce!”
“I know that, but you did.”
“Oh my god!” I said as tears ran down my face. I wasn’t sure if these tears were of joy or sadness. I had always wanted to have Yuuki’s baby, but I don’t want this child because it will be the first of it’s kind like me.
“Should I tell Yuuki for you?”
“No! Is there any way I can have a abortion?”
“I will research and call you when I know the answer to that.”
“Alright. But what about my fever?”
“You should rest and within 48 hours it will be gone. Drink lots of fluids.” He said.
“Okay. Thanks. I guess I’ll go now.” I said and I left. Yuuki was still on the phone so I waited until he was done. Finally he was.
“Sorry about that. What did Katashi say?”
“He said to rest and it will go away on itself.”
“Okay, let’s go back.” He said and then we walked back to the apartment. I went straight to the bedroom and lay down. Yuuki followed and lay next to me.
“Thanks for taking me to Katashi.”
“Sure, but is there something bothering you? You seemed uptight.”
“No, I’m just not feeling well.”
“Then go to sleep. I’ll see you in the morning.” He said and then he left the room. I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed my grandmother’s number. She was my closest relative and would help me figure this out.
“Hello?” Grandma asked.
“Grandma? It’s Sataru.” I said.
“Hello dear! How are you?”
“Not to bad, but I actually called to see if we could meet up tomorrow?”
“Sure dear! What time were you thinking?”
“How about 8?”
“Sure! I can’t wait.”
“Alright. I have to go but I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“Goodbye dear.” She said and I hung up the phone. My grandmother was my father’s mother and she was the nicest person I knew. I hope she can help me! As I put the phone down I started to cry and after a while went to sleep.

In the morning I woke up to find Yuuki sleeping next to me. I got up, got ready, and put on a pair of blue jeans and tank top. I got my purse, and then I wrote a note for Yuuki.

Dear Yuuki,
Sorry I didn’t say goodbye to you this morning! You looked so sound asleep that I didn’t want to wake you. I’m going to my friend Shelby’s house for the day and I will be back late tonight. I’ll see you then. Call me on my cell phone if you need me!
I love you! ~Sataru


I left the note on the door of the bedroom so he would see it, then I left the apartment and went to the train station. I bought a ticket to Kental, which was the city my grandparents lived in. I got on the train and rode for 2 hours. Finally the train stopped and I got off. I walked three blocks until I got to a gated community. I walked to the area where the cars were checked and let in. I walked up to the little building where the man who let people in was. “Um…is it okay if I go in?” I asked.
“Of course Princess Sataru!” The man said and I walked in. All the houses I passed had people outside, who I knew were vampires of a noble family. This gated community only was for vampires of the three noble families. I saw many familiar faces that waved. I walked down the main street of the community for about 5 more minutes until I reached the castle I called ‘home’ when I was little. It hadn’t changed. The castle like house was still big, scary, and amazing. I went up to the front door and rang the bell. Immediately I heard many people running. My 4 cousins pushed each other as they opened the door.
“Sataru!” They yelled. They were all small and cute, but they hated each other.
“Hello Karumaru, Frantis, Henri, and Satashi.” They all jumped on top of me in laughter. They hugged me as tight as their little arms could.
“Alright guys! Don’t kill her!” My aunt said as she walked over to us. They got off of me and I stood.
“Hello aunt Airi.” I said with a smile.
“Hello Darling.” She replied kindly.
“Is grandmother here?”
“Yes. She is waiting for you in the rose room,” She said, “Do you remember where that is?”
“Yes. I’ll go there right now.” I said and then I walked down to the rose room. It was the largest room in the house. It was also called the tearoom. When I got to it I knocked on the door.
“Come in.” My grandmother said. I walked in and she smiled as she put down her teacup. “Hello Dear!”
“Hello. How are you?”
“Great! My doctor told me yesterday that I will live for 200 more years!” She said, “How are you dear?”
“I’m alright.” I said as I sat across from her.
“That doesn’t sound reassuring. Has something happened?”
“Yes, that is actually why I came here.”
“Well spit it out.” She said with a joking smile.
“As you know I am dating Prince Yuuki.”
“Yes. He is a good man.”
“Well I have always wanted to have his child, so I was wondering if there is any chance that I can reproduce?”
“I don’t believe it is possible dear.” She said and she sipped her tea.
“But that’s the thing. It is possible.”
“What do you mean dear?”
“I became very sick yesterday and when I went in to see what was wrong with me the doctor told me I was pregnant.”
“What!” She exclaimed, “Are you sure?”
I nodded and looked down. “I’m sorry if this is a bad thing. I never meant for this to happen.”
“Well haven’t you always wanted a baby?” She asked, slightly calmer. I nodded. “Then I am happy for you. Do you know the sex?”
“Are you sure this is okay? I’m thinking about getting an abortion.”
“Don’t speak nonsense! You know that we are against abortion in this family and why would you want that?”
“I…I don’t want my child to end up…to end up like me. I don’t want it to suffer without parents.”
“Dear! Don’t worry! If the child is only one forth slayer and three fourths vampire the parents won’t die of the sickness,” She said, “I don’t really see a reason for abortion. You would make a great mother.”
“I still want to talk to Yuuki and see what he thinks. But I do think I want this baby.”
“Good. Now have some tea.” She said as she poured tea into the extra teacup and my phone started to ring.
“Hello?” I asked.
“Sataru?” Someone asked.
“Yes, this is she.”
“This is Dr. Katashi. I was looking at your sonogram pictures closer and I’ve noticed something.”
“What did you notice?”
“There are two black spots that show up in the screen, but one is fainter than the other.”
“What? So you mean…”
“Yes. You’re having twins.” He said. Tears started down my face.
“Thank you for telling me,” I said, “I’ll talk to you later.” Then I hung up the phone.
“What’s the matter dear?” My grandmother asked.
“That was my doctor. He said that he looked at the sonogram again and he said I’m not having a baby…”
“Oh dear! I’m so sorry!” She said, thinking I was done talking.
“No. I don’t have a baby, I have two.”
“What you mean twins?” I nodded and we both smiled. “Oh my god! I can’t believe it! “ She yelled happily.
“I have to go tell Yuuki.”
“Go tell him. Call me once you have.” She said as she kissed my cheek and I left. I ran to the train station and got a ticket. Within two and a half hours I was back at the apartment. I ran in and saw Yuuki on the couch reading a book.
“Yuuki!” I yelled as I ran in and shut the door.
“I thought you weren’t supposed to back until later.” He said and I ran over to him. I hugged him tightly.
“I didn’t go to Shelby’s I went to my grandmothers and I was there only for an hour.” I said and he kissed my head.
“Why did you go there?”
“I had to talk to my grandmother about something and now I need tell you something.”
“Tell me what?” He asked as we sat on the couch.
“Yesterday, Katashi told me something that I didn’t tell you. But I need to tell you now.”
“Okay, tell me.”
“I’m…um…pregnant.”
“What!” He exclaimed with a smile.
“Do you hate it? I can get an abortion so they won’t come.” I said and he held my hand.
“I don’t hate it! I love it! And what do you mean by they?”
“I’m pregnant with twins.” I said and he jumped up off the couch.
“I can’t believe it! You got pregnant! I thought it wasn’t possible!” He yelled with a giant grin.
“I did too, but I’m pregnant.” I said and he kissed me.
“Then I guess this is the best time to ask.” He said, talking to himself.
“Ask me what?”
“Sataru, will you be my vampire?” He asked, with a laugh as he took a box out of his pocket and opened it. There was the most beautiful ring inside. It was a silver band with a medium diamond in the middle and a small diamond on each side. It was the ring I had once told him I wanted.
“Are you sure?”
“I’m positive. I want you as my wife.”
“Then the answer is yes.” I said with a smile and he kissed me. Then he took the ring out and put it on my finger.
“I’m so happy! We must tell my father and make sure it is okay for this to happen!” He said as he ran to the phone.
“Alright. Shall you call him?”
“Yea. I’ll bring the phone to you, but stay here.” He said. Then he ran to the kitchen, got the phone, brought it to me, set it on the table in front of us, put it on speaker, and called his father.
“Hello?” Mr. Death asked.
“Hello father,” Yuuki said, “Do you have a moment to chat?”
“I’m sorry, but right now I’m with the council. Say hello everyone.” Mr. Death said.
“Hello Prince Yuuki!” Many people said.
“That’s even better. Sataru and I must talk to the entire council about something.” Yuuki said.
“Oh? Is Sataru there with you?” Mr. Death asked.
“Yes I am Mr. Death.”
“Hello Miss Sataru. What do you need to talk to us about?”
“Actually, this concerns the slayer council also. It is very crucial that we talk to them too. Do you by any chance have the head of slayer council’s number?”
“Yes I do. I’ll three way call him right now.” Mr. Death said. The phone started to ring and it was answered.
“Hello?” The head of slayer council asked.
“Hello Mr. Saint. This is Mr. Death. I’m sorry to disturb you but Miss Sataru has something to discuss with us. Do you have a few minutes to spare?”
“Actually I’m with my council right now.”
“Hello Sir, this is Miss Sataru. Could we talk to your whole council? This concerns them too.”
“Is that okay gentleman and ladies?” He asked his council as he put us on speaker. I heard no arguments to this. “Alright. What do you want to talk about to both councils?” Mr. Saint asked.
“As you all know Prince Yuuki and I are dating.” I started.
“Yes.” Both of the leaders said.
“Well, I have just been informed that I am pregnant.”
“What!” Mr. Death yelled.
“Your not supposed to be able to reproduce!” Mr. Saint yelled.
“I know that, but I am pregnant.”
“This changes everything about our agreements that we came up with yesterday.” Mr. Saint said.
“I say we meet at the courthouse tomorrow afternoon to discuss this.” Mr. Death said.
“I agree, but no one out of the council should be told about this.”
“Yes. All that shall attend are the councils, Miss Sataru, my son, and Prince Vladimir.” Mr. Death said.
“Alright. Let’s meet there at noon.” Mr. Saint agreed.
“We’ll see you all then. Goodbye.” Mr. Death said and then the line went dead.
“I think we caused a problem.” I said with a giggle.
“But when do you not?” Yuuki said with a smile.
“I know.” I giggled.
“So what do you want the sexes to be?” He asked me as he put his arm around my shoulders.
“I don’t care. As long as their health and happy. What do you want them to be?”
“I would like sons…but I truly don’t care.”
“Also, guess what my grandmother said.”
“What?” He asked.
“We won’t die of the sickness like my parents. We will get to live with them!” I said with a smile.
“Really? That’s great!” He said with a smile. Then Yuuki’s phone started going off and he answered it. “Hello?” He asked. “What? Alright, I’ll get there as soon as I can.” He said and he hung up the phone.
“Is there a problem at work?” I asked.
“Yea. I have to go in. Can we celebrate once I’m back?”
“Sure. Go ahead. We can finish later.” I said with a smile.
“I love you. I’ll be back at about dinner.” He said. Then he left the apartment. I sat on the couch until the apartment phone rang. I picked it up and listened.
“Hello?” I asked.
“Hello Sataru. It’s Vladimir. I was wondering what you’re doing today. I wanted to meet up with you.”
“Sorry but I’ve got plans.” I said in an angry voice.
“Oh? What do you have planned?” He asked, prying into my social life.
“That is none of you concern! Goodbye!” I yelled and then I hung up the phone. The phone rang again. I picked it up and yelled, “What!”
“Geez! Why are you so mad?” Datashi asked through the phone.
“Oh! Sorry Datashi! I thought you were someone else.”
“It’s okay. I was calling to see if you’re busy tomorrow. I thought we could hang out.”
“Actually I’m meeting Mr. Death tomorrow. Sorry!”
“Oh? Then are you going to miss school?”
“Oh! I forgot about school!”
“Yea. We have test all of tomorrow, but the good thing is we have a three hour lunch.”
“Great! I’ll leave at lunch and come back.”
“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”
“Alright. Bye.” I said and I hung up the phone. I got up and put the phone back on its charger in the kitchen, and then I got an apple out of the fridge. I ate all of it and still felt hungry. I looked for something else to eat but there was nothing. So I left the apartment with my purse and walked down to the grocery store a block away. I wanted to make Yuki his favorite meal, so I got two steaks, one large and one small. Then I got some noodles and some strawberries, grapes, apples, and blueberries. I got a carton of cranberry juice and then I went to the cash register. When I got up to it I recognized the guy that was the cashier. It was the cutest guy in my school that all the girls liked other than me. He smiled his million-dollar smile when he recognized me.
“Hey Sataru. How are you?” He asked in a kind voice.
“I’m pretty good, and yourself?” I asked kindly.
“Great.” He said as he started scanning my food. “Are you getting food for your family?”
“Yea. It’s my mother’s birthday today, so I’m going to make her favorite meal.”
“Oh? That’s nice of you. Are you good at cooking?”
“I’m okay. My mother taught me how to make a few things.”
“Cool. Your total is $32.46.” He said. I handed him a 50-dollar bill and he gave me my change.
“I’ll see you at school tomorrow!” I said as he handed me my 3 bags.
“Yea. Have a good day.”
“You too.” I said, and then I left the store and walked to the apartment. But when I was almost there one of my plastic bags broke and my bag of grapes and two apples fell. I put my grapes and one of the apples into my only bag that was slightly empty. Then I put my last apple in my mouth. I went up to the apartment and got to the door. Then I notice Vladimir was leaning against the door. He stood up straight when he saw me. I put my bag that was in my right hand into my left with the other bag. With my right hand I got my keys out of my purse and opened the door.
“Do you want some help with those?” Vladimir asked. I shook my head as the door swung open. I couldn’t shut the door because I needed to get these heavy bags out of my hands, so I just walked over to the kitchen and put all of the stuff on the counter. I took the apple out of my mouth and cleaned it off as I heard the door close. I looked up to see Vladimir had let himself in.
“You didn’t ask if you could come in.” I pointed out.
“Sorry! May I come in?”
“No. Now leave.” I said as I started drying the apple.
“But I need to talk to you.”
“About what? We talked yesterday and I don’t want to talk anymore with you!” I yelled.
“No, I want to talk to you about the current situation.” He said as I took the stuff out of their bags.
“What current situation?”
“About the baby.”
“Oh, that. Fine. Since you are part of this I guess we can talk for a little bit.” I said as I put the steaks into the fridge. He walked over to the kitchen and leaned on the counter.
“So is it true?”
“Why would I joke about this?” I asked as I put away the fruit.
“I thought you came up with it so you could marry Prince Yuuki and get away from me.” He said and I put the noodle up.
“I’m not that smart.” I said as I took out the cranberry juice.
“What is that for?” He asked as he looked at the juice.
“My mother told me cranberry juice is supposed to help babies.”
“I’ve heard that too,” He said, “So do you know the sex?”
“No. I won’t know for a while.”
“Do you want a certain type?”
“Yuuki would like them to be boys but we really don’t care.”
“Them?” He asked.
“Yes. I’m having twins.”
“Really? My father didn’t mention that to me.”
“I didn’t tell the councils. I know they are in enough shock with just one baby so I don’t want to scare them so quickly.”
“That makes sense.” He said. I nodded and remembered that I was hungry, so got out the apple I had once had in my mouth on my way here. I bit into it. “So do you think Prince Yuuki will be a good father?”
“Yes.”
“But I heard that vampires treat their children badly.”
“Vladimir…” I started to say.
“Call me Vlad.” He interrupted.
“Well Vlad, all slayers think that vampires a bad people, but to tell you the truth vampires think slayer are bad people too.”
“What? But we only get rid of those who are sinned.”
“Then why haven’t you killed me? I’m sinned like vampires are.”
“But you are part slayer. We don’t kill those of our kind.”
“You just proved the point I’m trying to make. You only kill vampires because they are not of your kind and you don’t understand them. That is why you will kill them and not me. Everyone fears what they don’t understand.” I said. He didn’t speak and I took another bite of apple. “But I’m not saying it is only slayers who do this. Vampires are the same. They say they kill you because they must kill the blessed. But I am blessed like slayers’ are, so why don’t they kill me? It is because they are as native as slayers. They fear what they don’t understand.”
“You sound like a philosopher.” Vlad pointed out with a smile as I took another bite of apple.
“I’m just like a philosopher.”
“In what way?”
“Philosophers make observations by looking at a situation without putting their own feelings into it. That is what I do. I wondered why slayers and vampires hated each other even though they are both good people and that’s how I figured that out.”
“You are very smart to figure that out.”
“No. I’m just an outcast who wants to understand her families.”
“So are you excited to have children?”
“Yes. I’ve always wanted children, even if it meant my death. But I didn’t want to put the sickness on Yuuki’s life just because I chose him as my partner in life. Luckily I can have this baby and neither of us will die.”
“Do you want to be a mother?”
“Yes. I want to help my children get through life since they are the only of their kind. But I will help them with those who stand in their way.”
“Do you hate your parents for not being there for you?”
“Of course not! They died to keep me alive! I know if they could have lived with me they would’ve, but that wasn’t an option!”
“You sound like you love those people you barley know.”
“But I know them very well. I am their essence. They control everything I do in this life.”
“So you’re saying they choose what you do?”
“No. They are my conscience. They don’t choose things for me, but they help. If it wasn’t for them I wouldn’t be here.” I said as I finished the apple and threw it in the trashcan.
“What do you mean?”
“When I was younger I almost committed suicide everyday that I was in the orphanage, but they stopped me every time by telling me I was far from alone, that I had more people than anyone else because I am a slayer and a vampire.”
“You tried to commit suicide!” He said in shock.
“Yes. After I found out my parents died because of me I wanted to kill myself, then I felt alone and wanted to kill myself even more. Luckily they helped me get over that and now I will refuse to die from anything. Even age.”
“But you are part slayer so you will probably only live to 200 years like us.” He commented.
“But I am also the first of my kind, so I might even surpass the lifespan of a vampire. I could live for 1200 years!”
“But whoever your partner is will die before you.”
“Not exactly. I’ve never drank the blood of anyone, so I don’t know what will happen if I do. It might make that person live as long as me.”
“I guess. It must be hard not to know what will happen to you in the future.”
“No. I think it’s great.” I said with a smile. He stopped talking and just stared at me as I got my parents necklaces out of my pockets. I set them side-by-side on the counter in front of Vlad. “For my twins I was thinking that it would be hard for them to carry around three necklaces, so I was thinking I should put mine into one. What do you think?” I asked.
“Why would your children have three necklaces? You only have two.”
“Yes, but Yuuki has one also. Most children get a necklace from their mother and their father to show what two families they belong to. I am no exception because I got two, but I can’t give my children only one of my necklaces. They are getting their slayer blood from me and some of their vampire blood. I don’t want to give them only the slayer cross or only the vampire rose.”
“Oh, I get it.”
“Yea. But will the necklace be accepted?”
“Sure. But how are you going to put them?”
“The cross is bigger than the rose,” I said, “So this is how I want to put it.” I put the cross on the table and picked up the rose. I put the rose horizontally on the cross.
“That looks really good,” He said, “It is so colorful compared to most necklaces.”
“I really like it. I want my children to have a unique necklace.” I said as I looked at the clock. “Crap! I need to start cooking!” I said as I got my noodles out of the fridge.
“What are you cooking for?”
“Yuuki and I are celebrating the pregnancy once he is back from work.”
“Do you want any help? I’m a really good cook.”
“But you aren’t used to cooking for vampires. They are different when it comes to food.”
“I’ll make the noodles, they are probably the same.”
“Alright. Thanks.”
“What type are you cooking?”
“Alfredo. Can you make that?” I asked with a smirk.
“Yea.” He said as I got out a pan and the noodles. I turned on the stovetop and put the pan on top of it. As Vlad started the noodles I started the grill. Once it was ready I got the steaks out of the fridge. I put them on the grill and came back inside as the apartment phone started to ring. I answered it.
“Hello?” I asked.
“Sataru? It’s Yuuki.”
“Oh, hey! Are you on your way back?” I asked with a smile.
“Actually I’m going to go to a business dinner with our agents to talk about work. Have you started cooking yet? Because if you have I can tell them I have to go home.”
I held back tears as I responded. “No, you caught me right before I started cooking. But enjoy the meal with your agents!”
“I will. I’ll be home fairly late so don’t wait up for me,” He said, “Oh! I have to go. I love you.”
“I love you too. I’ll see you later.” I said and then I hung up the phone. If I had been alone I would’ve ran to the couch and cried freely, but Vlad was here so I hid my sadness with a smile.
“Who was that?” He asked.
“It was Yuuki. Do you want to stay for dinner?” I asked, “I can’t eat all of this by myself.” I added and one of my tears betrayed me when I said that. A single tear ran down my cheek, but before Vlad saw it I turned to a cabinet and took out some spices. Then I felt two more tears start rolling down my face, so I quickly walked outside to the grill. I put the spices on as tears ran down my face, dropped off my chin, and hit the grill with a sizzling sound. Vlad walked out to me and I stopped crying.
“Why should I stay? Isn’t this dinner for you and Prince Yuuki?”
“It was for us, but sadly Yuuki’s work is going to forbid him from coming to dinner.” I said as I held back even more tears.
“Then I guess I can stay. I don’t want you to stay here by yourself.”
“Alright. How do you like your steak?” I asked as I turned back to him and smiled.
“Well done.” He said with a smile.
“Alright. “ I said and he went back inside. I started to cry again as I finished the steaks. Once mine was medium-rare I took it off and once the other was well done I took it off. I stopped crying before I went inside. Vlad was finishing the noodles and he smiled when he saw me walk in. I got out two plates and put the steaks on them. Then I handed the plates to Vlad who put noodles on the plates. After that we sat down at the table and I got two whine glasses and silverware with a napkin. I gave Vlad one of each and gave myself the others. Then I went back to the kitchen. “What do you like to drink? I have white whine.”
“I’ll take some of the whine.” He said and I got the bottle. Then I got an opener and the cranberry juice. I opened the bottle and walked to the table again. I poured some whine into Vlad’s glass and then sat down across from him.
“Are you sure it’s okay for me to drink some of this whine? Isn’t it Yuuki’s?”
“No, it is mine. I got it from my grandmother because she wanted me to drink it but I’m not old enough to be drinking that. So, it’s fine if you have it.” I said with a smile as I poured my cranberry juice. Vlad drank some of his drink and set it down. He cut into the steak and took a bite.
“You got this steak perfect. Most people can’t cook a well done steak and not scorch it.”
“My uncle Cross taught me how to cook them well.”
“Yes, I know Mr. Cross very well. He has a good sense of humor.” He said with a laugh.
“Yes. He certainly keeps family gatherings lively.” I added as I ate some of the noodles. “These noodles are really good! Where did you learn to cook so well?”
“I taught myself because my mother knows nothing about cooking.”
“Oh? That’s odd for someone not to know how to cook.”
“She’s a very odd woman, but I love her.”
I started to laugh. “What’s so funny?” Vlad asked me.
“I can imagine many people saying that about me.” I said with a smile.
“Really? You seem very normal.”
“No, I’m very outgoing sometimes,” I said, “If you don’t believe me, you can ask Yuuki.”
“Speaking of Yuuki shouldn’t he be here celebrating with you?”
“He couldn’t because of work.”
“But didn’t he know you were going to cook for him?”
“No, it was going to be a surprise. But his work comes first.” I said. My phone started to vibrate in my purse. I walked over, got it, looked at the number, put it back, and walked back to the table.
“Who was that? Prince Yuuki?” Vlad asked.
“No, it was my stepfather.” I said as I sat down.
“Stepfather? I didn’t know you had one. Is it a slayer or vampire?”
“Neither. He is a human.” I said as I drank some juice.
“How did he become your stepfather?”
“Before the councils decided to do something about me I had to live in an orphanage. This past year I was adopted by the man I call my stepfather. But he hit me while I stayed with him and forbid me from seeing any of my kind.” I retorted.
“Then how are you with Yuuki right now?”
“The man stole my father’s vampire knife from me and we got into a big fight. He punched me, so I knocked the wind out of him, got the knife, and ran away with some of my belongings. After that the vampire that you saved me from attacked me. Once I was done I came back to Yuuki’s and I stayed with him till now. But this is the first time he has tried to reach me.”
“But when did Yuuki get you pregnant? And why wasn’t he using protection? You’re so young! Why would he do that to you?” Vlad yelled.
“We didn’t think I could get pregnant so it wasn’t a problem.”
“But you’re not even out of school!” He yelled in my defense.
“I’m graduating next week. It’ll be fine.”
“But he doesn’t have the right to get you pregnant! He isn’t worthy of being your husband! He doesn’t respect you enough!”
“Vlad…” I said in shock as I realized he was defending me.
“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t yell at you. I should only yell at Yuuki.”
“I know Yuuki doesn’t seem like that great of a guy, but I have to stay with him. Now that I’m pregnant I can’t leave.” I said as I finally told someone my true feelings and a tear ran down my cheek.
“Yes you can! You can get an abortion and become a slayer!”
“No, I can’t kill these children.” I said as tears ran down my face.
“Sataru…” He said with a sorrowful face.
“These babies are mine and Yuuki’s.” I said with more tears as I realized I didn’t know if I truly loved Yuuki. Vlad looked sad for making me cry. “I’ll take your plate.” I said as I stood up and walked over to Vlad. He handed me the plate and I took both of the plates to the kitchen. I put them in the sink and turned on the faucet. It ran on the dishes until they were clean. Then I put them in the dishwasher. I walked back over to the table and stayed standing. I whipped some tears off my face but more tears replaced them. Vlad stood up and walked to me. Then he hugged me tightly.
“Let’s go to the couch.” He said as he held my hand in his and led me to the couch. He sat down and had me sit right next to him. He let me put my head on his shoulder as he stroked my arm like Yuuki had. “I don’t want you to stay with Yuuki if you don’t love him,” He said, “I will come up with something to get you out of his grasp.”
“But where else can I go?” I asked, “He is the father. I can’t leave him for the children’s sake.” I cried even more.
“I will make sure that you end up with someone who can take care of you and keep you safe. Because he left you tonight I’m not sure he can take care of you three.”
“I don’t even know what true love is.” I admitted with another tear running down my face.
“Do you think you could find that true love in me?”
“What? Did you drink too much whine? You don’t like me.”
“But I think I do.”
“But you ruined my plan in the trial.”
“I did it because I wanted to do what was best for you.”
“Really? Are you joking?”
“I’m not joking. I think I really love you.”
“But you just met me. How can you know you love me?”
“I don’t know if I love you, but I care deeply about you already and I want to get you away from Yuuki.”
“I’ve never heard anyone say they cared about me.” I said as the tears stopped from sadness and started for happiness.
“Hasn’t Yuuki told you that?” He asked as I took my head off of his shoulder and looked right at him.
“No, he has only told me he loved me just to sleep with me.”
“I’m sorry that he got you pregnant.”
“It’s not your fault.” I said and he kissed one of my tears that was rolling down my face.
“Please don’t cry.” He said with a smile and then he kissed my lips. I smiled after and then I put my head on his shoulder. I guess I fell asleep because I don’t remember anything after that.

I woke up under the covers of Yuuki’s bed. I jumped and sat up. “How did I get here?” I asked the quiet room and no one answered. I got off the bed and stood. I walked to the door, opened it, and walked out. For some odd reason Yuuki wasn’t home still. The sun wasn’t out so I thought it must just be late in the night. But then I noticed Vlad was asleep on the couch. I wanted to ask him what he was still doing here, but he should sleep. I went to the table and got our stuff from dinner off of it. I got a glass and poured cranberry juice into it. I started to drink it when I heard Vlad shiver. I set the glass down, got a blanket from the other couch and laid it on him. He settled back down and I looked at the clock. It was 4:57 in the morning. All the sudden I felt like something was wrong so I picked up the phone and called Yuuki.
“Hello?” He asked.
“Hey. Are you still out?”
“Yea. I’m heading back right now.” He said happily.
“Are you okay?”
“Yea. Why do you ask?”
“I got a weird feeling like someone I loved was going to die. I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t you.”
“I’m fine. Don’t worry! I’ll be there in about three minutes. I’ll see you soon, but I have to go.”
“Okay. I love you Yuuki.” I
“I love you too! Now don’t worry so much!” He said and he hung up the phone. I sat down on the couch across from Vlad and dialed Datashi’s cell.
“Hello?” He asked with a yawn.
“Datashi? Are you okay?”
“Yea Sataru. Except for you interrupted my sleeping.”
“Oh! Sorry! I just got a weird feeling.”
“I’m fine. Don’t worry.”
“Alright. I’ll let you go back to sleep.”
“Thanks. Bye.” He said and he hung up. I sat on the couch and watched Vlad sleep soundly.
“Who is it? Who is going to die?” I asked the stillroom.
“Sataru? What are you doing up so early?” Vlad asked as he sat up on the couch.
“I just got a weird feeling.”
“What kind of weird feeling?”
“It’s the feeling I got before I found my parents dead. Someone’s going to die that is dear to me.”
“Are you sure you’re not overreacting?”
A tear ran down my face out of nowhere. “The person’s dead.” I said.
“What?”
“I just started to cry. Whoever it is just died.” I said as I looked at the clock. “At 4:58 a.m.”
“Seriously?” He asked.
“Oh god! Next come the visions of the persons’ face!” I yelled as I grabbed both side of my head with my hands and put my head in between my legs. I sat there for a minute dreading the moment that would soon come and then it finally did. I couldn’t believe it! I quickly picked up the phone and dialed 911. I couldn’t hold the phone because my hands were shaking so bad, so I put it on speaker and set it on the table.
“Nine one one. What is your emergency?” The person asked as Vlad looked at me.
“I’d like to report a car accident on the intersection of Transit Rd. and Hashal Blvd.” I said as I tried to keep my voice steady.
“What happened there?” The lady asked.
“There was a car crash. A drunk driver passed through a red light and totaled a car that was passing on the green side. The drunk driver ran off and the man in the car that got totaled stopped breathing.”
“Thank you ma’am we will take it from here.” The lady said and she hung up. I turned off the phone and buried my face into my hands as I started to cry. Vlad walked over to me, kneeled on the ground in front of me, and hugged me.
“I hope Sataru isn’t still worried about me. I can’t wait to see her. I’m missing her so much right now. I guess it’s because I feel bad for not being there to comfort her. I love her so much I just can’t wait for us to get married…What is that crazy person doing…Ahhhhh! I can’t feel my legs! No! I’m blacking out! I can’t die! I can’t leave Sataru in this world by herself with the twins! I’m going to die…I hope father makes sure Vlad becomes Sataru’s husband. He seems to really love her. Maybe that’s why I hate him so much! I hope Sataru and the twins stay safe! I love them so much! I…”
I could hear Yuuki’s last thoughts ringing inside my head. I put one hand on my stomach and the other on Vlad. “I just heard Yuuki’s last thoughts.” I said as he let go of me and looked at me.
“What did he say?”
“That he loved me and he also hopes that I am happy and that the twins are safe.” I said as I put my head on Vlad’s shoulder and he hugged me.
“You should go back to sleep.”
“Yea. I think I will. You do the same.” I said with a smile. I got up and went into Yuuki’s bedroom. When the door closed I immediately ran to his bed, laid on it, squeezed his pillow and started to cry.
How could Yuuki want me to marry Vlad when I said yes just this morning to his proposal! How could Yuuki want me to marry anyone else? He said he wanted me to be his vampire, but now he wants me to become Vlad’s slayer? I thought that over and over until I finally went to sleep.

I woke up with a sick feeling in my stomach. I sat up and saw it was 6:12 a.m. I went to the bathroom and ran to the toilet. I threw up twice in a row. After I cleaned myself up I went to Yuuki’s dresser and got out his blue-checkered boxers, my necklaces, and his white night shirt. I didn’t want to sleep anymore because Yuuki haunted my dreams, so I went to the kitchen and sat on the counter. The sun was just coming up and it made the room a beautiful pink color. I walked to the porch and opened to door. I walked outside and leaned on the wall that made up the edge of the porch. I looked into the pink horizon and started to cry. I took out my parent’s necklaces and held them against my heart. “Please! Mother and Father! Please keep a good eye on Yuuki!” I whispered to the necklaces. “And try with all your might to let him be another part of me like the two of you are! I want to hear his voice! Please! I want him to help raise his children! I can’t do it without him!” I whispered, as my face was soaked with tears. I heard something behind me so I quickly turned around to see Vlad.
“What are you doing out here? It’s really cold.” He commented.
“I don’t mind the cold.”
“What are you wearing?” He asked as he walked over and stood by me.
“Yuuki’s boxers and shirt.”
“So what are you doing outside, in the cold, and in Yuuki’s sleep wear?”
“I’m praying to my parents. I asked them if they could protect Yuuki and help him become part of me like they are.”
“You want him to also be part of you conscience?”
I nodded. “You really listened to my rambling last night?” I asked.
“Yea. What you said made me start to think and it makes sense.” I smirked. “What?” He asked curiously.
“You just reminded me of Yuuki.” I said with another smile. He looked sad for me. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t talk about Yuuki.”
“It’s fine. You’re still getting to understand that he is really gone.”
“Yea.” I said as I looked at the sunrise again.
“Sataru…”
“Yea?”
“I just want to let you know, I’m here for you and I want to help you get through Yuuki’s death.”
“Thanks, but you don’t have to be here for me, just be here for these two.” I said as I put my hand on my stomach and smiled.
“I’ll help the three of you.”
“Thank you. Yuuki would be very happy if you did that for him.”
“No offence but I’m not doing it for Yuuki. I’m doing it for you and myself.” He said with a smile. I blushed and then he hugged me from behind and we watched the sunrise.

When I woke up in the morning at 6 a.m. I got ready and put my uniform on. I got my bag and necklaces then I went into the living room. Vlad was again asleep on the couch. I went to the kitchen and got bacon, out of habit, for Yuuki. I made the bacon very rare and put it on a plate. I stared at the bacon and smiled. “Babies, even if your father isn’t here we can still remember him. I will make this everyday of my existence to remember your father and the two of you will grow up with this every morning and think that your father isn’t so far away. Because he still exists. But don’t worry you two. My heart will heal and be full with love for you once you are born.” I whispered to my stomach. Vlad sat up and looked over at me. He got up and walked over to me. He yawned as he leaned on the counter again.
“Whom were you talking to?”
“The twins. I was reassuring them.”
“What do you need to reassure them about?” He asked with a yawn.
“That I will be okay. They can tell everything I do, so I’m telling them that my heart will heal soon and that once they are born I will be full of love for them.” I said with a smile as put my hand on my stomach again.
“Why are you re-dressed?”
“I have to go to school. My exam that will let me graduate is today.”
“But your boyfriend just died this morning! How can you go to school?”
“I must go. I will just have to bear it.”
“But the meeting is today.”
“Yea. I have a lunch for 3 hours so I will go then.”
“What time does it start at?”
“Lunch starts at 11. Why?”
“I’ll pick you up so we can get over there on time.”
“Thanks. Do you want something to eat?”
“I’m fine.”
“I should go. Datashi is waiting for me.” I said as I picked up my bag. Then I clipped my necklaces on and went to the front door. I walked downstairs and saw Datashi sitting on the steps that went up to Yuuki’s apartment complex. I looked up and saw Vlad looking down to me. He waved to me with a smile. Datashi looked up where I was looking and saw Vlad. I smiled and waved too.
“I’ll come at 11. Be ready!” Vlad yelled down to me.
“I’ll be ready! See you then!” I yelled back to him. Then Datashi and I walked down to the end of the street and turned the corner. Once we were out of Vlad’s vision Datashi stopped walking. He looked concerned.
“Are you cheating on Yuuki with that slayer?” Datashi asked me.
“No.” I said bluntly.
“Then why was he there and where is Yuuki?”
“Datashi, I have to tell you something.” I said and he nodded. We sat on the sidewalk against the side of a building. “Yesterday, I found out that I’m pregnant with Yuuki’s twin babies.”
“What!”
“I’m not supposed to tell anyone but I have to tell you. You deserve to know what’s happening.”
“How did Yuuki react when you told him?”
“He proposed to me. I said yes and became his vampire to be.”
“That’s great!”
“But after I called you last night Yuuki got into a car accident.”
“What? Is he okay?” He asked.
“No. He died. But I did hear his last thoughts.”
“Oh my god. Sataru.” He said as he hugged me.
“It’s okay. I’m fine. But what Yuuki thought of last I need you to help me understand.”
“Alright. You can write it down and I will look at it. But first, you never told me how the slayer fits into this.”
“Vlad came over before Yuuki died because he wanted to apologize for interrupting me at the trial. Then he didn’t want to leave me by myself so he was going to stay until Yuuki got back, but he didn’t come back. Vlad comforted me until I left this morning.”
“I’m so sorry that Yuuki died.”
“We should go to school.” I said and we walked silently to school. The test for the first part was easy and once I was done I wrote down Yuuki’s last thoughts for Datashi. When then final bell rang I met Datashi outside and handed him the paper with Yuuki’s thoughts written on it. He read the paper silently.
“He wants you to marry that slayer?” Datashi yelled when he was done reading the whole thing.
“I don’t know why, but that’s what he said.” I said as I looked at my ring that Yuuki had given me.
“Are you going to do as he said?” Datashi asked.
“Yes. I will follow his last wishes. If he thinks Vlad can keep the children safe then I will marry Vlad.”
“Does the slayer know about what Yuuki said yet?”
“No. I’m going to tell the councils today and see what they think.” Datashi was going to say something but Vlad honked the horn on his red sports car. I took the paper and ran to the car. I got in and Vlad drove away. He drove me silently to the courthouse and when we were there we went inside and Vlad put his arm around my waist. Everyone was there except for Yuuki’s father.
“Miss Sataru. Do you know where Mr. Death is?” Mr. Saint asked as Vlad and I sat down in front of the councils.
“He will be here soon.” I said and then the doors flew open quickly. Mr. Death was standing in the doorway with tears running down his face. He saw me and started crying again.
“Sataru!” He yelled as he ran to me. When he reached me he hugged me as tightly as he could.
“I’m so sorry!” I said to Mr. Death as I started crying again.
“Mr. Death! What are you doing?” Mr. Saint yelled.
“Shut up! Stay out of this!” Mr. Death yelled as his fangs showed to Mr. Saint. Then he went back to hugging.
“I should’ve stopped him! I’m so sorry!” I said to Mr. Death.
“What is going on with you two?” Mr. Saint yelled to me. Mr. Death let go of me and I looked at Mr. Saint.
“I’m sorry sir. But Prince Yuuki died this morning and we are still morning him.” I said and Mr. Saint settled down.
“Miss Blood-Cross, Yuuki wanted to make you his wife, but I guess he wasn’t fast enough.” Mr. Death said as he looked at me.
“Please, call me Miss Death.” I said with a teary smile.
“What?” Mr. Death asked.
“Yuuki proposed to me before he died. I’m now your daughter-in-law.” I said. Mr. Death smiled as he cried. Then Mr. Death sat down in his seat and I did the same.
“Now, Miss Sataru. What are you going to do with this baby if the father is dead?” Mr. Saint asked.
“Actually the correct term is babies. I’m having twins.”
“What!” Mr. Saint asked in surprise.
“I’m going to have twins.” I said again.
“Well then what are you going to do?”
“I’m going to go by Yuuki’s wishes. I have the power to hear peoples last thoughts before they die if I know them well. And I know what Yuuki wants me to do.”
“What were his last thoughts?” Mr. Death asked.
“I wrote them down.” I said as I got out the paper from my pocket. “He said ‘I hope Sataru isn’t still worried about me. I can’t wait to see her. I’m missing her so much right now. I guess it’s because I feel bad for not being there to comfort her. I love her so much I just can’t wait for us to get married’. Then he was hit by the other car and this is what he thought after, ‘I can’t die! I can’t leave Sataru in this world by herself with the twins! I’m going to die…I hope father makes sure Vlad becomes Sataru’s husband. He seems to really love her. Maybe that’s why I hate him so much! I hope Sataru and the twins stay safe! I love them so much!’, As you heard Yuuki wished for me to marry Prince Vladimir, so that is what I intend to do.”
“Why didn’t you tell me he said that?” Vlad whispered to me as the councils started talking.
“But you are going to have children who are ¾ vampire and ¼ slayer. How can they be raised by a slayer father?” Mr. Death asked, “I think you should marry a different vampire.”
“But that would make the separation equal. My children will be vampires and I will be married to a slayer. Everyone will get something out of this.” I explained and the councils talked some more.
“We agree with this.” Mr. Saint said.
“We agree also.” Mr. Death said as he stopped crying.
“But I have two conditions.”
“State them.” Mr. Saint said.
“One, the children and I will be able to see vampires anytime we want since I will need help from the vampires to know how to raise two vampires and two, the 4 of us aren’t allowed to be hunted by vampires or slayers.”
“That seems reasonable.” Mr. Death said.
“Yes. So it is settled! Sataru will marry my son.” Mr. Saint said.
“Court dismissed,” Mr. Death said and everyone got up. Mr. Death came to me; “I’m going to have roses made from my clan for the two children so they will have a necklace of their father.”
“Thank you. I would love for them to have those.”
“But I want you to have this.” Mr. Death said as he stuck out a necklace that was a rose made with purple emeralds.
“What is this?”
“This is Yuuki’s necklace. I’m sure he would want you to have it.” Mr. Death said and I took the necklace.
“Thank you.” I said and he hugged me.
“If you or the children ever need anything call the family and we will be glad to help.” He said as he let go.
“I will.” I said and then Mr. Death left. I tried not to cry as I saw Mr. Death walking away because he looked so much like Yuuki I felt like it was Yuuki walking away from me. Then I looked around and noticed I was the only one in the courthouse, but Vlad was standing at the door. I stared down at Yuuki’s necklace and held it up in the air where it would be if Yuuki were standing in front of me. But then I came back to reality and put the necklace on. Immediately I felt Yuuki’s presence included with my parents’ presence. I smiled as I saw the spirits of my mother, father, and Yuuki in front of me. My parents hugged Yuuki and welcomed him into the realm of my imagination. Vlad put his firm hand on my shoulder and I came out of my trance.
“You should go back to class.”
“Yes. Datashi will be worrying about me.” I said as I passed Vlad and walked outside to the car. He followed and we got in.
“Are you seriously going to go through with this?”
“Yes. It is best for everyone.”
Vlad kissed me deeply. “I don’t care about the others! I don’t want you to marry me unless you want to! Follow your heart!” He yelled to me.
“Vlad…” I said, shocked that he yelled at me.
“Really think about what you want. Don’t include anyone else in your decision. Answer me when you get back from school. I’ll stay at Yuuki’s apartment until you get back.” He said and I nodded. He drove me back to school and I got out of the car. But before I closed the door Vlad leaned over to the open door. “You may want to put this into you decision making. I love you Sataru. No matter what you are I will always love you.” He said and then he shut the door. He drove off as I stood there in shock. Datashi was reading on the stairs in front of the school. When he saw me he ran over.
“How did it go?” He asked.
“I’m supposed to marry Vlad.”
“But can you still see me? Can you be friends with a vampire?”
“Yea. But Datashi, I have to ask you something important.”
“Shoot.” He said kindly.
“Will you be my children’s guardian?”
“What does that mean?”
“You will help me raise them and be their friend, but if I were to ever die you will become their parent. Can you do that for me? I want someone who is a vampire that I know I can trust.”
He nodded, kneeled on the ground, and put his hand on my stomach. “Do you hear that you two? I’m your guardian!” He said.
“Thank you, Datashi.”
“You’re my best friend Sataru! How could I say no to you?” He asked with a smile.
I smiled back. “Datashi, Vlad asked me if I wanted to marry him. He said if I didn’t want to I didn’t have to,” I said, “Should I?”
“That’s your decision to make, Sataru. I can’t tell what you feel, only you can.” He said quietly.
“Alright. I’ll choose.” I said and the bell rang. We went inside and started our second part of the test. It lasted till 4, but I ended at 3 so I thought about my decision for the last hour. Then the bell rang and I met Datashi outside. We walked halfway without taking.
“Have you decided?”
“No. I can’t decide.” I said as I looked down.
“Try not to think so much or you’ll end up going crazy.” He said with a laugh of comfort.
“I’ll try not to.” I said with a smile.
“I hope whatever you choose makes you happy.”
“Thanks for being so nice to me and becoming their guardian. Yuuki and I really appreciate it.”
“No problem. I would do anything for you.”
“Thanks. You’re the best friend a mutant could ever have.”
“You’re the cutest mutant I’ve ever seen.” He said with a smile.
“Thanks.” I said as we stopped in front of Yuuki’s apartment complex. “I’ll see you tomorrow for the ceremony?”
“Yea. I’ll meet the three of you there.”
“Is your whole clan coming?”
“No. Just 50 of them.” He said with a smirk and we both laughed.
“Bye.” I said and then I went up to Yuuki’s apartment. I stopped in the middle of the staircase and sat down. I had to think of how I was going to answer Vlad. I really liked him and he treats me better than Yuuki ever did. I think I might like him more than Yuuki. He would be a great father for my children and treat me like a priceless gem everyday. Are there any downs to this? He is a slayer and Yuuki did just die. But I like slayers and Yuuki thinks Vlad will treat me well. He is more handsome than Yuuki and kinder. He seems to really love me and I think I love him too. I think I should say yes. No, I AM going to stay yes. I thought. I ran up the stairs and unlocked the door with my key. When I walked in Vlad was sitting on the couch and looking outside, but when he heard me he got up and looked at me with curiosity and longing. I dropped my stuff by the door as tears ran down my face. He stood and looked at me.
“I…I love you Vlad. I…I want to be your slayer,” I said as I whipped the tears off my face, “The answer is yes.” He quickly came to me and hugged me as I cried even more.
“You just made me the luckiest man in the world.” He whispered into my ear and then he kissed my neck. I put my hand on his face and he looked right at me. I leaned in and kissed him. When I let go he smiled and kissed me back. He started kissing my shoulders and neck.
“Vlad. We have to stop or I’ll get carried away.”
“Then get carried away. I’m getting carried away too.” He said and then he kissed my shoulder again.
I pushed him away and he looked shocked. “Vlad! If we keep on I might become influenced by my vampire instincts and bite you! We have to stop.”
“I forgot about that.”
“Please. Forgive me.” I said as I hugged him.
“It’s fine.” He said as he kissed the top of my head.
“I want to go further like you do, but I don’t want to hurt you.”
“I know.” He said as he stroked my hair. Then my phone started to ring in my bag. I got it out and answered.
“Hello?”
“Sataru? Did you decided?” Datashi asked.
“I did decide. I told Vlad yes.” I said and Vlad smiled.
“Can you put me on speaker so I can talk to him?”
“Yea.” I said as I pressed the speaker button. “You’re on speaker.”
“Slayer?” Datashi asked.
“Yea?” Vlad asked.
“This is Datashi. Sataru made me the guardian of her children and I am her best friend. So I’m going to be around a lot more than you want and I will be watching you. If you make Sataru or her children sad I will suck all the blood out of your body! Do you understand me?”
“Yea and you don’t have to worry. I won’t hurt Sataru or the children.”
“You better not!” Datashi said.
“I have to go Datashi, so I’ll see you at the ceremony tomorrow.”
“Okay, I’ll see you there.”
“By the way, is your cute little sister coming?”
“Yea, she’s going to come from Japan to America just to see me graduate.”
“Hurray! I can’t wait to see Natasha-kun!” I yelled.
“She and Hatano can’t wait to see their Sataru-san.”
“Hurray! Hatano-kun is coming too!” I giggled.
“Yea. We’ll see you then.”
“Okay. Bye!” I said and hung up the phone.
“What do you have to do that you had to go?”
“I have to call my grandmother.”
“Why?”
“I need to talk to her about my mother’s pregnancy.”
“Can I go with you? I want to meet her and tell her what is happening.”
“I don’t know. You will be hunted in that house,” I said, “There are 18 vampires in her house.”
“I don’t mind. I can handle it.”
“Alright. You can come.” I said with a smile. Then I dialed my grandmother’s number.
“Hello?” She asked.
“Hi grandmother. It’s Sataru.”
“Hello dear! How are you?” She asked.
“I’m okay, but do you think I could meet you tonight? I have some questions about mother’s pregnancy.”
“That’s fine dear. About what time?”
“Is 8 okay?”
“Yes. Do you want to come over for dinner?”
“Sure, but, I’m going to bring my friend with me. He wants to meet my family.”
“That’s fine dear! I’ll see you tonight.”
“Alright. Goodbye.” I said and I hung up.
“So?” Vlad asked as he wrapped his arms around my waist, leaned down, and kissed my neck.
“She said it’s fine.”
“What time are we going to go?”
“We’ll have to leave at 6 to get to the station on time.”
“Alright.” He said as he kissed my shoulder.
“Vlad. Can you let go? I have to do something.” I said and he let go. I walked over to Yuuki’s computer and turned it on. I looked up names for boys and girls. Vlad followed me and looked to see what I was doing. “I have always liked 4 names. I think I want to name my children them.”
“What are they?”
“For a girl there is Yurika and Yasu. For a boy it is Tatsuyoshi and Ysuyoshi.”
“I like them, are they Japanese?” He asked.
“Yea. Both of my parents were Japanese so I want to name my children Japanese names. What are your favorites?”
“I don’t know.”
“Yuuki liked Yurika and Tatsuyoshi the best.” I said as I remembered he had said that long ago.
“I agree. But do you know what they mean?”
“Yurika is beautiful lily, Tatsuyoshi is beautiful dragon, Yasu is Peaceful, and Tsuyoshi is strong.”
“So the first two and last two go together.”
“Yea and all girls names start with Y but all boys names start with T.” I pointed out.
“That’s smart.”
“Thanks. So what do you want the sexes to be?”
“It doesn’t matter what I think. I’m not their father.”
“You will be, just not their birth father.”
“What is the difference?”
“A father is the man that treats you kindly and loves you, but a birth father is your biological father.”
“So I’m going to be the father?”
I nodded. “And your decisions matter as much as Yuuki’s and mine.”
“Alright. Well I’d like one of each gender.”
“Oh? Why?”
“I’ve always wanted a daughter and a son.”
“That’s a good reason.”
“What do you want them to be?”
“I don’t care the sex, I just want them to be the same. I don’t want one full-blooded child and a half-blooded child. I want them to both be ¾ vampire and ¼ slayer.” I said.
“I do too.”
“I pray they will be or they will be separated by the councils.”
“Yea.” He said. We were silent for a few minutes.
“Vlad, you should go home and get some rest. Or take a shower and get new cloths.”
“But then you will be left all alone.”
“I’ll be fine! You need to put yourself in front of me.”
“No, It’s the total opposite! You come first and then it is the children.” He said.
“Vlad, please. You’ve been here for almost 2 days in a row! At least go home and get some new cloths.”
“Fine, I’ll go home, take a shower, change cloths, and get some cloths to keep over here.”
“Good. Take all the time you need and if you want you can stay at your house until we go to the station.” I said kindly.
“No, I hate my home. I’ll be back tonight.”
“Okay.” I said and he walked out of the apartment. He locked the door behind him so no one could get in. I did my homework for an hour on the computer, and then I got off and went to Yuuki’s dresser, which had all my cloths except for the two pairs at my step-dad’s house and my uniform. I got out my 4 dresses Yuuki had bought me; one was black with the sewn red rose on the right side, which I had worn it to my trial with Yuuki. The second one was a dark blue dress with a white dove on the left side at the bottom. The third was a skimpy pink dress that was a halter and it had a diamond in the middle at the top. The last was Yuuki’s favorite and he got it for my birthday this past year. It was a white dress with large black flowers that went all over it, there were two straps for the top, it had a little bit of a ruffle at the top and it also had a black ribbon that went around the waist and made a bow in the back. The dress went past my knees so it was a perfect look for me. I put the 2nd dress on and let down my black hair. My hair finally reached the middle of my back and it curled at the end. I still had my three necklaces on and when I went into the living room I touched them. All the sudden I could see Yuuki, my mother, and my father. They smiled and looked at me happily. “How are you three?” I asked them.
“Fine, but we miss being directly with you.” Father said.
“Yuuki, are you sure you want me to marry Vlad?”
He nodded. “He will treat you well and he seems like your type.”
“Well I followed your wish and he proposed to me.” I said and he smiled. “Will the three of you help me with raising these children?” I asked. They nodded and smiled. “Thank you. That’s all I wanted to know and I just wanted to check on you.”
“We will always be here for you.” Mother said.
“I hope so.” I said with a smile and I took my hand off of their necklaces. They vanished and I sat on the couch. My grandmother had once told me that I couldn’t really see the dead and that I was just imagining it. But regardless if my visions of them were fake or real, it made me happy to know I could see them any time I wanted. Then I got the urge the dance and I got up. I went to Yuuki’s CD player and put on my favorite song. I started dancing around like I used to do when Yuuki was at work last year. All the sudden I couldn’t feel the ground beneath my feet and I fell to the wooden floor. My eyes felt heavy and they closed.

I woke up and I was in Yuuki’s bed and my head was wet. I put my hand on my head and took off a wet rag. I wondered how I had gotten here and who put this on me. Then I heard someone in the living room so I got up and left Yuuki’s room. Vlad was in the kitchen cutting up something. “Hey, when did you get here?” I asked as I felt my left strap of my dress fall off my shoulder. Right when Vlad heard my voice he stopped cutting and walked over to me. As I watched him walk to me I couldn’t feel the ground under my feet and I started to fall towards the ground again. Vlad put his arms out and caught me. I looked up at him and he looked very concerned. Then he picked me up and carried me like a damsel in distress as he brought me to the couch. He set me on it and he kneeled on the ground in front of me. He brushed a hair that was in my face away and I put my hand on top of his.
“Are you okay?” He asked.
“Yea. Why do you ask?”
“When I got back I found you passed out on the ground and just now you almost fainted.”
“I’m just feeling a little light headed, that’s all.”
“Can you stand?” He asked. I nodded and stood up. He smiled and stood too.
“What time is it?”
“About 5:45.”
“Then we need to start heading over to the train station.”
“Okay. Will you be okay?”
“Yea! I’m fine!” I said with a smile.
“Okay. We should go now.”
“Wait! I have to change.” I said with a smile.
“But that looks fine.”
“It’s too formal and I don’t want to get it dirty.’’ I said and then I ran to Yuuki’s room. I left the door open as I took my dress off. I was standing there in a bra and underwear. Then I noticed Vlad was staring at my body. “Pervert.” I said playfully to him and he blushed as he looked away. I put on a pair of jeans that had a hole in the left knee and I put on a green tank top that said ‘LOVE FOR THE UNEXPECTED’. I thought it fit the affair because I’m going to introduce my new fiancé. I looked in the mirror and was satisfied with my reflection. Then I put on a pair of black flip-flops and met Vlad at the front door. We went downstairs and walked to the train station. Then we got tickets and got on the 6 p.m. train. We sat next to each other on the train and talked. My eyes felt heavy again.
“Do you think they’ll let me into the house?” Vlad asked.
“Yea, but I’ll to have to call you ‘my slayer’ or they will try to kill you.”
“That’s harsh.” He said and we laughed.
My eyes started to close as I talked. “I’m glad you’re coming.” I said as I fought my closing eyes.
“I am too.” He said as he put his hand on my head and gently laid my head on his shoulder. “Get some rest.” He said with a smile and my eyes closed slowly.

The movement I felt as I slept stopped and I opened my eyes. The car we were in was empty. “Where is everyone?” I asked as I rubbed my eyes.
“They just got off. The train stopped.”
“Oh! Sorry.” I said as I stood. We got off the train and walked to the gated community. “Stay right next to me or you will be killed from this point on.”
“Okay.” Vlad said as he held my hand and then we walked to the little building where the guard was.
“My we come in?” I asked the guard with a smile.
“Of course Princess Sataru!” The guard said and then he realized I was with a slayer. “But you can’t.” The guard said to Vlad with his fangs showing in defense and anger.
“But he is my soon to be husband, he is meeting my vampire family. Please let him in.” I said with a smile.
“Are you Prince Vladimir?” The guard asked and Vlad nodded. “Very well, and Princess, I am sorry to hear about Yuuki.”
“Thank you for your kindness and sympathy.” I said. The guard smiled and we walked in. No one was outside because it was time for dinner so we quickly walked to my grandmother’s house. When we got there I rang the bell and heard 4 people run to the door.
“Sataru!” My cousins yelled happily as they saw me, but then they notice Vlad and their little fangs showed.
“Don’t worry, you four. This is my slayer. He does anything I want and won’t hurt you. So please be respectful to him.”
“Hello.” They said to him, trying to follow my wishes.
“Hi there.” Vlad said.
“Vlad, these are my cousins Karumaru, Frantis, Henri, and Satashi.” I said as my aunt walked over to us as Vlad and I walked in.
“Sataru!” Aunt Airi yelled as she ran to me and hugged me. “I’m so sorry! I just heard about what happened to Yuuki! Are you okay?” She asked and then she let go.
“Yes, I’m alright.”
“Hello Prince Vladimir.” She said to Vlad.
“Hi.” He said with a smile.
“I hope you will excuse my children for using their fangs at you. They didn’t know that you are Sataru’s Fiancé.”
“Fiancé!” Henri, my youngest cousin, yelled as he ran to us, “A slayer is going to take Sataru away from us? No!”
I smiled then I picked him up and put him on my hip. “It’s okay little Henri! He’s not taking me from you! He’s just going to make your cousins and me very happy.” I said as I put my finger on his nose and he giggled.
“But will you come play with us after you get married and become a mommy?” He asked.
“Of course! I want the four of you to help me raise my kids! Could the 4 of you do that for me?” I asked as I looked at all of them and they smiled.
“Yea!” The 4 of them yelled at the same time.
“Alright children, let’s let them go to grandmother.” My aunt said to the kids and I put Henri down. “We’ll see you at dinner.” She said to Vlad and me. I took Vlad’s hand in mine and led him to the rose room. I knock on the door as we stopped in front of it.
“Come in.” Grandmother said and we walked in. She seemed shocked to see Vlad.
“Hello grandmother. How are you?” I asked as we walked over to our seats and sat down.
“Good, good. And how are you?”
“Fine.”
“Truly? I thought you would still be sad over Yuuki leaving.” She said.
“I have Vlad to help me,” I said as I hugged Vlad’s arm, “And Yuuki hasn’t left.”
“What do you mean?”
“I have his necklace, so I can see him anytime I want to, like my parents.”
“How many times must I tell you they are not here?” She sighed.
“Even if they aren’t here for real I still can pretend to see them.”
“I presume that you have been taking good care of my granddaughter.” She said to Vlad, while changing the subject.
“He treats me better than I deserve.” I said with a smile.
“I treat her as well as I can.”
“Good. So what did you want to ask me about Lust’s pregnancy?”
“I guess it wasn’t like a regular vampire or slayer pregnancy so I was wondering how long it lasts.”
“Do you know of how a human pregnancy goes?”
“Yes. I learned it in my human school.”
“Well every 2 week a human is pregnant is about how many days you are pregnant.” She said.
“So I’ll be pregnant for 20 to 21 days?” I exclaimed.
“Yes. It is a little less than a month.”
“So does that mean everything that happens for a human pregnancy in 2 weeks will happen to me in a day?” I asked and she nodded. “You two grow really fast don’t you?” I asked my stomach.
“But there are some side effects to having such a short pregnancy. Lust slept a lot more, she fainted a lot, and vomited about every other day.”
“That makes sense.”
“Dear, have you been suffering any of those side effects yet?”
I nodded. “I vomited yesterday morning and have had two fainting spells today.”
“Dear, if you don’t mind me asking, when did you conceive?”
“The night before my trial, so three days ago.” I said as I tried not to remember how kind Yuuki was the morning after that.
“That means your children are already starting to form.” She said.
“That means they will be fully developed in 11 days!” I said in shock.
“Yes, Prince Vladimir, will you be ready to help her with this quick pregnancy?” She asked.
“Yes. I am ready.” He said.
“I trust Vlad. He will do anything for me.”
“Good. I hoped he will.” She said and then there was a loud bell ringing. I knew exactly what it was for since I had once lived in this house and my grandmother knew what it was for also. But, Vlad jumped out of his chair.
“What was that?” He asked as he tried to catch his breath. My grandmother and I looked at each other then we both laughing very hard.
“I don’t think I’ve seen anyone jump so high in my life!” My grandmother laughed.
“You did jump very high Vlad.” I said with a giggle.
“But seriously! What was that?”
“That’s the dinner bell. It means Uncle Dasamoru is done cooking.” Then the doorbell rang and I looked at my grandmother in curiosity.
“Our other visitor is here.” Grandmother said.
“Other visitor?” I asked suspiciously.
“Yes, one of your childhood friends.” She said with a smile.
“Which one?” I asked as I felt a frown come upon my face.
“It’s a surprise! Don’t ruin an old ladies fun!” My grandmother said with a smile that didn’t make me feel better. Then there was a knock at the door of the rose room. Aunt Airi walked in and smiled.
“Sataru, is it okay if you eat vampirian tonight?” She asked me.
“Sure, I’m used to that. But I don’t think Vlad will be able to eat it.”
“Don’t worry, my husband made a special plate for him.” She said with a smile of understanding.
“You always know everything, thank you.” I returned her smile.
“Let’s retire to the dining room now.” Grandmother said as she got up and Aunt Airi helped her walk to the dining room. Vlad grasped my hand once again as we walked outside the rose room. I stood on my toes and kissed his lips. He complied by kissing me deeply and wrapping his arms around me as he pulled me closer to him.
“My, my Sataru. When did you become such a great kisser? I guess Yuuki taught you much after he stole you from me.” A familiar voice said and Vlad let go of me but still held my hand.
“Sashomaru!” I hissed as I turned to see him. He was as devilish and handsome as ever. He was as tall as Vlad, had black hair, deep brown eyes, and was wearing a tuxedo.
“Oh? Now that Yuuki is gone all you could scrounge up was a slayer? That is very pitiful, Sataru.” He said with a smirk and my fangs showed.
“Shut up!” I yelled as my fangs grew as long as they could and I wanted to bite him.
“You should’ve seen Yuuki’s face when I killed him! It was the first time I’ve seen him cry and before he died all he could say to me was ‘don’t get anywhere near my girl!’ It was hilarious!” He said as he mocked Yuuki.
“You bastard! I was planning to stay away from you and try to forget that you killed Yuuki but you had to show up here! Now I want to kill you more than ever! You’ve got some kind of nerve getting anywhere near me after what you did!” I yelled and Vlad squeezed my hand. I looked back and saw that he looked like he wanted to kill Sashomaru even though he didn’t know him. “Vlad…” I said as he looked down at me.
“Who the hell is that?” Vlad asked me.
“He’s just a maggot trying to get in my way. Ignore him.” I said with a smile as I tried to calm down Vlad.
“I thought you said a drunk driver was who crashed into Yuuki?”
“No, I just told the authorities that because I didn’t want to deal with this guy.” I said as I looked down.
“You!” Vlad yelled to Sashomaru with anger in his eyes, “If Sataru wasn’t here I would kill you!”
“Geez! That’s a little harsh to say since you don’t even know me.” Sashomaru said with a laugh.
“I don’t need to know you. All I need to know is that you killed Yuuki and caused Sataru to suffer!” Vlad yelled.
“Vlad! Stop it. You aren’t allowed to get into a fight with a vampire!” I said and he looked away from Sashomaru. Sashomaru then walked over to me and held up my chin with his hands.
“You know I killed him to get him back from stealing from me. Right?” Sashomaru said kindly.
“I wasn’t your property Sashomaru so he didn’t steal me!”
“But now that he is gone I am your rightful husband since you accepted his proposal for marriage.”
“I can’t believe you killed your own cousin just to marry me!”
“I would do anything to get you back and now I have you.” He said with a smile and I put my hand on Yuuki’s necklace.
“You’re too late Sashomaru,” I said, “I already have a new fiancé who is in line for my hand before you.”
“And who is that?” He asked.
“Prince Vladimir, the slayer.”
“What?” He yelled.
“He is before you. You can’t have me.” I said with a smirk.
“We’ll see how long that lasts.” He said with a smirk and then he walked to the dining room. Vlad wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and he kissed my neck. Then he let go of me and we went into the dinning room. We sat down while everyone was still standing and greeting Sashomaru. My cousins saw us and they ran over.
“I want to sit next to you Sataru!” Henri, Frantis, and Satashi yelled. I looked around for Karumaru when I noticed she was by Vlad.
“Can I sit next to you Uncle Vladimir?” She asked bashfully.
“Of course!” He said with a smile as he lifted her into the seat next to him and she smiled.
“Sataru?” The three boys asked.
“Oh! Yes? What is it?” I asked my three cousins.
“Who is going to sit next to you?” They asked.
“Satashi!” My Aunt called to him and he ran to her.
“How about this, Frantis will sit next to me.” I said and Henri looked like he was going to cry as Frantis stuck his tongue out at him in victory. “And, since Henri is so small and light, he will sit in my lap. Is that okay Henri?”
“Yea!” He yelled as everyone else sat down. He crawled into my lap and looked at his brother like he was on top of the world. I laughed as Frantis started pouting. I put my hand on his head and he looked up at me.
“This way you can both sit with me. Can you be a good sport and be happy?” I asked him and he nodded. My Uncle handed everyone a plate and gave Vlad a special plate that had all well cooked food on it, while everyone else had very little cooked food. Then my uncle started the table discussion.
“Prince Vladimir, you are a very brave Slayer, since you did walk into a vampire house without a single thing to defend yourself. Don’t you hate us like the rest of your kind?” Uncle asked Vlad.
“I don’t hate you. I actually like being here.” Vlad said with a smile.
“And what makes you think different of us than the rest?”
“Sataru helped me understand you and that made me like you. She told me that the only reason I hated you was that I didn’t understand you and that everyone fears what they don’t understand.”
“So Sataru’s teaching have already reached you even though you’ve only known her for such a short while?” Grandmother asked.
“Before Sataru was born we would’ve never let a slayer into this house, but she has taught us otherwise.” Uncle added. Everyone except for Sashomaru laughed and smiled as they realized I had changed them all. Then everyone started to eat, but my Aunt started to laugh out of nowhere as I fed Henri his food and he smiled.
“Honey, I think we will have to give Henri to Sataru.” She said loudly to my uncle.
“Yes, I think all our children want Sataru to become their mother.”
“Mommy!” Henri said as he hugged me, showing that he wanted to play along with the joke.
“Sataru, I guess you’ll have to take our children and give us your twins.” My aunt joked.
“Yes, but I don’t think Yuuki would be very please with me if I gave his children away.” I said with a laugh.
“What!” Sashomaru yelled, “You’re pregnant!”
“Yes, Sashomaru. She is carrying your nieces or nephews.” My Aunt Daisy said.
“You…you mean…she is…is carrying Yuuki’s…Yuuki’s child!” Sashomaru yelled in stutter.
“Actually the correct word is children. I’m having twins.” I said with a frown at him.
“I wish I could be the father of your children since Yuuki has left this world. Don’t you think your children deserve a father of the same species?” Sashomaru asked with a smirk.
“No, I don’t think that,” I said, “Vladimir is my first choice for these children. He is perfect for a father.” I said as I put my hand in Vlad’s hand, which was on the table. He kindly held my hand and we smiled at each other.
“Yes and he seem to really like you, Sataru.” Grandmother said.
“I agree. He is the nicest and most caring slayer I have ever met.” My aunt Airi added.
“I don’t just like Sataru, I love her.” Vlad said kindly and everyone except for Sashomaru looked happy for me. Then my phone started buzzing and I answered.
“Hello?” I asked.
“Is this Sataru?” Someone asked.
“This is she.” I said and everyone watched me.
“Hello. This is Rei Satano. I heard about what happened to Yuuki and I wanted to say I’m sorry.”
“Hello Rei! Thank you for calling. Could you hold on for one moment?”
“Sure.” He said and I put the phone to my chest.
“If you’ll excuse me, I have to take this call.” I said as I put Henri in my chair and I left the room. “I’m back.” I said to Rei.
“I just wanted to say if you need anything my crew and I would be happy to help.” He said.
“Actually, I’d like to take you up on that offer.”
“Who can I get rid of for you?” He asked with an evil laugh.
“His name is Sashomaru Death. He is the nephew of Mr. Death of the head of council.”
“Say no more. I’ll call you once the job is done.”
“Thanks. I have to go and I will be waiting for your call.” I said and hung up. Then I walked back to the table and put Henri back into my lap.
“Who was that?” My Aunt Airi asked.
“That was Rei Satano.” I said and my grandmother and aunts gasped.
“Dear! What are you doing talking to that murderer?” Grandmother yelled in shock
“Nothing much. He just wanted to tell me he was sorry about Yuuki’s death, that’s all.”
“But how do you know him?” Aunt Airi yelled.
“I used to be friends with him before he started killing people.”
“Don’t go near him Sataru. He may try to kill you.” My Uncle warned.
“I wouldn’t worry. I saw him last year and he told me he loved me, so I’m doubting he will kill me.” I said and everyone stopped talking. They just ate and gave me concerned glances every few bites. I didn’t eat anything the whole dinner; instead I just fed Henri his meal and gave him my food too. He didn’t notice I was giving him his food and mine, which was good. When my 4 cousins were done they sat there and fidgeted in their seats. Finally Karumaru said what they all wanted to say.
“Mommy, can we go play outside now?” Karumaru asked.
“Yes Dear. The four of you can go play now.” She said. The three boys ran to me.
“Come play with us Sataru!” they said as they pulled my arms.
“Alright, alright.” I said with a smile as I looked over at Karumaru, who was asking Vlad to come play with her. He said yes and carried her outside as the boys and I followed them. We went into the front yard and decided what to play which ended up being hide and seek, my favorite game to play with kids. “I’ll be it you guys!” I said as everyone else came outside, sat at the outdoor table, and watched us play. My 4 cousins and Vlad ran and hid from me as I counted, with my eyes closed, to 50. When I opened my eyes I felt something grab my leg. I looked down to see it was Henri. “I found Henri.” I said with a laugh and everyone who was watching laughed too. “Let’s go find everyone else.” I said to Henri and we walked over to the side of the house where I saw Frantis. When I got to him I tickled his sides and he laughed. Then the three of us went to the bush by the front of the house and we found Satashi. Finally the 4 of us looked in another bush and found Karumaru. The five of us looked high and low in the whole front for Vlad, but we couldn’t find him. “You guys go to the side of the house and I’ll look in the front.” I said to my cousins. They did as instructed and I went to the front and searched. I was looking in a bush when I heard something on the roof. I looked up and saw Vlad up there. “Vlad! That’s cheating!” I yelled playfully.
“Fine, I’ll come down then.” He said as he jumped from the room and landed in front of me. He smiled and I poked his arm hard. “Hey! That hurts!” He said with a laugh.
“You’re it.” I said with a smile.
“But you found me last!” He said.
“I would’ve found you if you hadn’t cheated.” I said as I wagged my finger in front of him.
“Fine. I’m it.” He said as the kids found us.
“Vlad, count to 50 and we’ll hide.” I said and we ran. I hid on the side of the house and waited. Vlad immediately went to the side of the house and looked around. I hid behind a car and looked from the side when I felt something poke my back. I turned around and Vlad kissed me. He lay down on top of me and kissed me even more. He started to slide my shirt on my right shoulder and I knew what he wanted to do. “Stop. I’m going to bite you.” I said and he got off. We went and found the boys, but not Karumaru. I looked around and finally found her. I carried her to Vlad and handed her to him. “Karumaru wins.” I said with a smile and then I couldn’t feel the ground beneath my feet and my eyes started to close. I hit the ground hard as I fainted and the last thing I heard was everyone yelling my name.

I dreamt of Yuuki and the wonderful times we had. When I finally woke up again I was on my grandmother’s soft couch with a blanket on me. I looked around the large room and saw no one, except I could hear people talking outside. “If you get her pregnant too I will kill you in a more violent way than I killed Yuuki!” Sashomaru said angrily.
“We’ll see about that!” Vlad said angrily back as I got up and walked to the door.
“You bastard!” Sashomaru yelled as he put a fist up and was going to hit Vlad. I looked through one of the two doors that was to the room and walked out.
“Just because you’re jealous of him doesn’t mean you need to fight him.” I said rudely to Sashomaru as I leaned up against the door that was still closed. Sashomaru quickly put his hand down and looked away. But Vlad looked happy but concerned when he saw me. “Stop trying to kill my fiancé’s, Sashomaru. Regardless of how many you kill I will still never come back!”
“Whatever.”
“Is that all you have to say after killing Yuuki and threatening Vlad? You’re a real ass!” I yelled.
“Yuuki and this slayer aren’t good enough for you.” He said plainly.
“And how would you know about being good enough for me? You didn’t treat me a forth as good as Vlad and Yuuki treat me!” I yelled as I got off the door and made a fist as I looked at my stomach. “You stole their father! Their blood father! What if I die after they are born Sashomaru? What if they were left without parents just like I was? If it weren’t for Vlad they would have no one!” I yelled, as I got closer to him.
“Yuuki doesn’t deserve to be a father! He killed with Rei all the time before he met you!” He yelled to me.
“But he changed once he was out of your reach! He changed into one of the best men I’ve ever met and then you took him away! Why Sashomaru? Why? Do you hate me that much?” I yelled as tears ran down my face.
“Sataru…I…” He started to say.
“I don’t want to hear it!” I yelled, “Stay away from me Sashomaru, from now on!” I yelled and then I ran down the hall until I got to the back of the house. I opened the glass door and went to the backyard. No one was back there, so I lay in the grass and grabbed Yuuki’s necklace tightly as I started to cry harder. “I wanted to kill him! I wanted to kill him so badly!” I whispered to the necklace but nothing answered. “You’re not coming back, Yuuki. You’re really not coming back.” I said as I cried harder. Then I sat up and looked at my ring. I didn’t know what to do with the ring. I wanted to keep it but it made me sad every time I looked down. I heard people running around the house and outside. They were all calling my name and running even more. I hoped they wouldn’t find me because I never wanted anyone to see me like this. Especially my family or Sashomaru. I wanted Yuuki to come and hug me to make me feel better, but there was no Yuuki left to hug. Then I looked down at my stomach. “My world will be better once you are with me won’t it?” I asked my stomach. Then I heard the glass door open and someone walked to me. I looked up to see Vlad standing there and he looked relieved to see me, but then he looked at my face and looked sad.
“Sataru…” He said when he saw my face. I buried my face into my hands so Vlad wouldn’t see me in such a wreck.
“Don’t look at me like that.” I said as I heard him sit on the ground next to me.
“Please look up at me.” He said kindly.
“No, I don’t want you to see me cry.” I said and then I felt something warm around me. I looked up and saw Vlad was doing what I wished Yuuki would do, he was hugging me.
“Please Sataru, let me see your beautiful face.” He said as he hugged me. I stayed up until he let go and looked at me. He whipped the tears off my face, but didn’t smile like usual. “You did it because of them and him didn’t you?” He asked with a sad face that I usually didn’t see.
“What?” I asked in confusion.
“You said yes to marrying me because of the children and Yuuki.” He said as he looked at the ground.
“No! That’s not true!” I said as I put my hand on his shoulder.
He pushed my hand off him. “Then why did you start yelling about Yuuki like you still love him and like I was just some person you have to marry for the children’s sake?” He yelled.
“I’m sorry if it sounded like that but that’s not what I meant. I love you Vlad, more than Yuuki. But I still miss him. He was my best friend.”
“Then why the hell did you accept his proposal if he was you best friend?” Vlad yelled and I held back my tears.
“I thought I loved him because he was the first person who actually understood me and cared for me. But then I met you and I started to doubt that I truly loved Yuuki. That’s why I yelled at you when I really shouldn’t have after the trial. I realized I liked you more than Yuuki and I was scared. But you have to believe me! I love you Vlad! I truly love you!” I said as tears disobeyed me. He said nothing and looked back at the ground. I felt more tears fall down my face. “Did you know that vampires only want to bite their true sole mate?” I asked him as I whipped my tears away.
“What?” He asked as he looked at me.
“When we get carried away with our emotions I always want to bite you. But I never once wanted to bite Yuuki. I thought I just didn’t get that gene from my mother, but once I kissed you yesterday I knew that I had gotten that gene.” I said. He looked at me in shock as I smiled. “When you kissed me before you dropped me off at school yesterday I felt like I was dizzy for the rest of the day. My father had once told me that he felt the same the first time my mother kissed him. I guess that is the Slayer’s way of knowing they found their sole mate,” I said as I looked at the ground, “Also every time you smile at me my heart races and I feel like it is going to jump out of my chest. Do you ever feel like this Vlad? I want to know if I’m the only one feeling this.”
He nodded as I looked at him. “The day I saved you from that vampire I felt that I had to protect you no matter what. And when I saw you at the trial you sent my heart racing.” He said. I smiled and he brushed a hair away from my face as my Aunt Airi found us.
“Sataru!” She yelled in relief as she saw us.
I smiled as everyone came over to us too. “Think I’ve caused enough trouble for one day.” I said with a smiled and they all laughed as they walked closer to us. Vlad and I stood. “I think we should be going.” I said as I looked at Vlad and he smiled.
“Alright, dear.” Grandmother said. I hugged all of my family and then we went to the train station. We got tickets and had to wait a little while for the next train. We stood at the platform by ourselves. The train finally came and we got on. We sat next to each other on the train and it started.
I felt like I needed to remind him that I loved him so I kissed his cheek. “I love you.” I said with a smile as he looked at me. Then I laid my head on his shoulder.
“Can I go to your ceremony tomorrow?” He asked.
“What?”
“I heard you tell Datashi about your high school graduation ceremony. Can I go?”
“Sure, you can go.” I said with a smile.
“Is any of your relatives going?”
“I haven’t told anyone about it.”
“Why?”
“I didn’t want to bother them with it. They’re probably all busy.”
“I guess.”
“But I’m glad I’ll have you there.” I said with a smile.
“Me too.” He said and he kissed my head.
I fell asleep happily on his shoulder and I woke up when the train stopped. I got off Vlad and saw he was asleep. I smiled and then I kissed his lips. He woke up and kissed me back. We got off the train and started to the apartment. I yawned and Vlad did too. “I dreamt of our wedding.” He said and he blushed.
“Was it nice?” I asked.
“Yea. It was beautiful.” He said with a smile on his blushing face.
“Speaking of our wedding, when are we going to have it?”
“I was thinking we would have it this summer.”
“But what will we do with the twins?”
“I can carry one and you can carry the other,” He said, “I don’t want to have the wedding without them there.”
I smiled. “Alright. We’ll have it this summer.” I said as we started into the apartment complex.
“I can’t wait.”
“Why?” I asked as we got to the top of the stairs.
“Because I’ll finally have you all to myself and no other man can take you.” He said with a smile.
“I can’t wait to be your one and only either.” I said with a smile as I went to the door and opened it. I walked inside and Vlad followed. He shut the door and put his arms around me as we took off our shoes.
“I want you to be mine right now.” He said as he kissed my neck.
“Vlad…” I said and he picked me up like a damsel in distress. He carried me to Yuuki’s bedroom and laid me on the bed. He lay on top of me and started to kiss me deeply and passionately.
“Sataru…” He said as he kissed my shoulders and I wanted to bite him.
“Vlad, stop. I wan to bite you.” I said and he lifted up so he was looking right at me.
“Then bite me.”
“What!”
“If we can’t get any further than this without you biting me, then you can bite me.”
“But I will take some of your blood and give you some of mine! You will be changed!”
“I don’t care. I want you, Sataru and I don’t care what I have to do to get it.” He said with a smile.
“I’m sorry, Vlad.” I said as I pushed him onto the bed. My eyes turned to red as I leaned in closer. “Are you sure because there is no turning back?”
“Do it.” He said and I bit into his neck. He winced with pain and he squeezed my arms. I drank half of his blood, which felt wonderful going down my throat. Then I lifted away from him and he looked weak.
“Almost done.” I said as I bit the inside of my cheek. Then I leaned back to his neck and gave him half of my blood so that he had enough blood to feel better and I didn’t have too much blood. I took my fangs out of his neck for the last time. I hugged him and started to cry. “I’m so sorry, Vlad.” I said as I cried even more.
He put his hand on my head and stroked my hair. “It’s okay. It had to be done for us to be truly together.” He said. I got off of him and went to the bathroom. I came back with a band-aid and put it on his neck.
“Does it hurt?”
“A little, but I can bare it.” He said with a smile.
“I gave you half of my blood and took half of yours. We are now one.”
He pushed me onto the bed again and went on top of me. “Now we can finish.” He said and then he kissed me.

In the morning I woke up and was alone in Yuuki’s bed. I walked over our cloths that were spread out along the floor and went to the bathroom. I put on a robe and walked into the living room. Vlad was sitting on the couch with Yuuki’s robe on and he was talking on the phone. “Great! Tell everyone and I’ll see you then!” He said and then he hung the phone up.
“How long have you been up?”
“Not very long. I had to make some calls.” He said with a smile.
“Do you want something to eat?”
“I’m fine.” He said. I went to the kitchen and got out bacon. I barely cooked it and set it on the counter. I decided that it would be a waste to make this and not eat it, so I ate it. I got out a glass and poured cranberry juice in it and drank it. Vlad was reading the morning paper. Once I was done I put the plate in the sink and walked onto the porch. I looked down at the ground and saw people walking. Then the house phone started to ring. I ran inside and picked it up.
“Hello?”
“Hey Sataru! It’s Datashi.” Datashi said through the phone.
“Hi.”
“Since we have to be at the ceremony before everyone else I was thinking I would come over to get you in about 30 minutes. Is that cool?”
“Yea. I’ll see you then.” I said and then I hung up the phone.
“Who was that?” Vlad asked.
“Datashi.” I said as I walked to Yuuki’s room.
“Oh? And what did he want?”
“He said he’s going to come get me in 30 minutes.”
“Should I go then too?”
“No, only the students are going to be there at that time. You should come in about an hour.”
“Alright.” He said as I walked into Yuuki’s room and turned on the shower to hot.
“Do you want to take a shower with me?” I asked Vlad with a playful smile.
“Su…” He started to say but then his phone started to ring. “Go ahead.” He whispered before he answered the phone. Without a smile I went into the shower. When I got out I got my makeup on with only a towel to hide my nudity. Then I went into the bedroom and put on Yuuki’s favorite dress. I smiled at the dress because I had gotten over my meltdown yesterday. Then I put the dress on, but couldn’t tie the bow in the back, so I walked into the living room and found Vlad drinking water.
“Could you tie this for me?” I asked with a smile as he looked up.
“Wow. You look great in that dress.” He said with a stare of amazement. Then he got up and tied my bow for me. Right as he was finished there was a knock on the door. I ran to the door and opened it.
“Datashi!” I yelled happily. Then I looked at what he was wearing. “What are you wearing?” I asked with a frown.
“This is what I usually wear. What’s wrong with it?” He asked as he looked down. He was wearing tight black pants, a shirt that had skulls on it, skater shoes, and had his hair gelled to the side to make him look emo.
“Datashi! You aren’t emo! Stop dressing like one!” I said as I put my hands on my hips and I pouted.
“Then what am I supposed to wear? This is my best shirt.”
“Come on.” I said as I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the living room. “You’re the same size in cloths as Yuuki right?” I asked him and he looked confused.
“Yea, but why does that matter?”
“Wait right here!” I yelled and then I ran into Yuuki’s room. I got out Yuuki’s best black sports coat and his better looking pair of black slacks. I also got out a white shirt and then I ran back to Datashi. “Put it on.” I said with a smile.
“No! I’m not putting on Yuuki’s stuff!”
“He would want it this way! He would give you these to use if he was here! Put them on for Yuuki’s sake!” I said and he gave up. He went to Yuuki’s bathroom and put the stuff on. He came back out and he looked great.
“You should wear that more often.” Vlad said.
“I don’t care what you think, Slayer!” Datashi yelled as his fangs showed. Vlad shrugged and ignored Datashi’s rudeness towards him.
“But you look great! I’m sure all the girls will approve!”
“I don’t care what those human girls think!”
“But you care what I think don’t you?” I asked because I knew he liked me more than just a friend. He blushed and looked at the floor. “You look great Datashi!” I said with a victory smile, “But there’s one more thing.” I said as I walked up to him. He looked at me as I stood on my toes and reached for his hair. I put his extremely gelled hair into spikes. Then I pulled him to the mirror in the kitchen. He looked in and looked shocked. “If you wore your hair out of your face the vampire girls will notice how cute you are. I’d even date you if you kept it like this!” I said and he blushed.
“Fine, I’ll keep it for today.” He said as he put his fists into the jacket pockets.
“Shall we go?” I asked him.
“Yea.” He said as he noticed what I was wearing and looked amazed. Vlad caught on to what Datashi was thinking and walked over. He put his hand on my shoulder and Datashi stopped staring.
“I’ll see you at the graduation.” Vlad said with a smile.
“Yea. We’ll see you then.” I said and Vlad kissed me. Then Datashi and I left. We walked to the school and found where we were supposed to be. The teachers instructed us through the whole process of the event and the two of us groaned every time we were given an order. Once we were finally seated for the last time in our seating arrangement all the families started to show up. We got our gowns on and our caps that were always worn by graduating students. I ended up sitting one seat from Datashi and the only person in between us was the cutest guy in school who works at the groceries store, Yuri. The arrangement wasn’t good because Datashi hated Yuri and vise versa. Luckily Yuri was too interested in me to notice Datashi.
“Are you excited?” Yuri asked me.
“Yea. I can’t wait to be done with school.”
“Do you have any plans after this?”
“Yes! She does!” Datashi said rudely as he cut in, “She’s going to be with me.”
“Why would she want to be with some freak like you?” Yuri asked angrily as he turned to Datashi.
“Because I am her best friend!” Datashi yelled.
“I don’t think you are good enough to be friends with Sataru!”
“Well that isn’t your choice, it is mine. Now please stop fighting.” I said and Yuri looked down. The ceremony started just a few second later. The principal, Mrs. Halter, stood on the platform in front of the families and the students. She smiled her crocked tooth smile and cleared her throat.
“Hello everyone. We are so glad you could make it today.” She said and cleared her throat again. Then I felt like I was going to faint again, but I had no one to help me other than Datashi and he doesn’t know about my fainting spells. I knew I had to act normal or Datashi and Vlad would be concerned. “Usually we would have our best student give a speech, but sadly Shelby isn’t here today so we will just skip to the end of our ceremony and give the students their certificates.” She said and everyone around me smiled. The principal started calling the students who had last names that started with an A and finally got to Datashi. “Datashi Barrier.” She called and I gave a thumbs up to Datashi as he got up. He looked at me longingly the whole time he went up to the principal, got his certificate, and came back to his seat. “Yuri Beloved” The principal called and Yuri went up. Next was me and I still felt like I was going to faint. “Sataru Blood-Cross.” She called and I stood up. I walked onto the platform and went up to the principal. She smiled her ugly smile as she handed me my rolled up certificate. I took it as I returned her smile and my head felt light. I almost fainted as I exited the platform, so I quickly went to my seat. Then I passed out and everyone thought I was just sleeping. I woke up when I heard the principal. “Have a great life students!” She said and then everyone started getting up. Datashi walked to me and put his hand out to me. I took it and he helped me up.
“Let’s get off these stupid dresses.” He said with a smile. I nodded and we went to the school and dropped them off. Then we walked over to where Datashi’s family was.
“Sataru-san!” Natasha-kun and Hatano-kun yelled when they saw me. They ran to me and hugged my legs.
“Hi Natasha-kun! Hello Hatano-kun!” I said to them.
“Congratulations on graduating, Sataru.” Datashi’s mother said as she looked at Datashi and me standing next to each other.
“Thank you! It’s so good to see all of you.” I said with a smile.
Hatano-kun put his hand on my dress where my stomach would be. “Hello.” He said to my stomach and everyone smiled. I felt loved with all of them and I loved that feeling.
“Are you excited to become a mother?” Datashi’s father asked.
“Yes. I can’t wait.” I said with another smile.
“Where is the slayer? Didn’t he say he was going to be here?”
“Since when do you care about Vlad?” I asked Datashi.
“I don’t care about him, but he promised you and if he isn’t here I’ll kill him!” He said angrily.
“I’m sure he’s here, don’t worry.” I said with a smile and Datashi calmed down.
“Who is Vlad?” Natasha-kun asked me.
“He is going to be my husband.” I said with a smile and I felt Datashi become angry.
“It’s an arranged marriage.” Datashi added.
“Is he one of us?” She asked.
“No, he’s a slayer.”
“But you should marry a vampire! Marry Datashi!” She yelled and everyone laughed as they saw Datashi blush.
“I love Datashi, but I don’t think it will be allowed.” I said as I hugged Datashi’s waist and he put his hand on my head.
“If it was allowed I would do something about it.”
“I know you would.” I said with a smile as I let go of him.
“Who is that man who’s staring at you, Sataru-san?” Hatano-kun asked. I looked around behind me and saw Vlad, with his hands in a sports coat, walking towards us. I smiled as Datashi’s cousins grabbed my legs tighter.
“Hey.” Vlad said with a smile as he stopped next to me.
“You dressed up?” I asked as I looked at his fancy cloths.
“I thought it would be a smart thing to do.” He said with a smile as he looked at the group.
“Oh! Vlad, this is Datashi’s family.”
“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” He said with a smile.
“You will take good care of our princess I assume?” Datashi’s father said with a smile.
“Of course,” Vlad said, “Is it okay if I steal Sataru?” He asked and everyone nodded except for Datashi.
“I’ll see you two later.” I said to Datashi’s cousin.
“Sataru, do you want to come to dinner tonight and celebrate your graduation?” Datashi’s mother asked as I started to walk away. I turned to them and smiled.
“I’d love too.”
“Is 7 good for you?” She asked.
“Yea, I’ll see you then.” I said and then I walked away with Vlad. We went to a tree and stood under it.
“Sorry I’m late.”
“It’s fine.”
“But I did see you get your certificate.” He said. I smiled and touched Vlad’s neck where I had bit him.
“Does it hurt?”
“No, and it’s almost healed.” He said as he took off the band aid.
“I’m sorry about that.”
“As a slayer, I never thought I would be bitten by anyone, but I’m glad you did. It makes us closer.” He said. I smiled and he did too. “What’s happening over there?” Vlad asked as he looked behind me. I turned around to see two people I knew yelling at each other. I was so happy to see them.
“I’ll be right back.” I said and then I ran over to the two older guys. “Hajji! Kataru! What are you two doing here?” I asked with a smile and they stopped yelling.
“I came to surprise you at your graduation.” Hajji said.
“I did also, but I didn’t know he was going to be here!” Kataru said angrily as Vlad walked over to us and put his hand on my shoulder. Both of them looked at Vlad.
“Slayer! Get your hand off my sister!” Hajji yelled with his fangs.
Kataru bowed. “Don’t yell at Prince Vladimir like that, you stupid Vampire!” Kataru yelled to Hajji.
“I don’t care who this slayer is! If he doesn’t get his hand off my sister I’ll kill him!” Hajji yelled as his fangs showed again.
“Brothers! Please! Be reasonable!” I said to them and they calmed down a little bit.
“Brothers?” Vlad asked.
“Yes, Hajji is my half vampire brother and Kataru is my half slayer brother.” I explained.
“You never told me you had brothers.”
“Sorry, I guess I thought you would never meet them since they live in different countries.”
“Who the hell is this Slayer?” Hajji asked.
“He is my fiancé.”
“What! I thought you were going to become one of us by marrying Yuuki!” Hajji yelled.
“I guess you both haven’t gotten the news since you live across the world.”
“What news?” Hajji asked.
“Yuuki was killed after I found out I was pregnant with his children. So, now I am going to marry Vlad.”
“Died!” Hajji yelled in disbelief.
“Pregnant!” Kataru yelled in disbelief.
“Yea. Yuuki was in a car accident and I’m going to have his twins.”
“But how are you going to have vampire children if you are a slayer?” Hajji asked.
“I’m going to be a slayer officially but I can get any help I need from vampires to raise my children.” I said as my head felt light again. Then I noticed Hajji was smiling and staring at the two small pink dots on Vlad’s neck. Hajji started laughing.
“So you’re now officially one of us? I never thought you would do it.” He said with a smile to me.
“I thought you came here to congratulate me, not make fun of me.” I said with a frown.
“I’m just glad you are officially a vampire and now you will never be with the slayers.”
“I may officially be a vampire now, but I am also officially a slayer too.” I retorted.
“I can’t believe you chose this slayer to be your official prey. I guess you got more of dad than just his smile.” Hajji said.
“Prey? What are you two talking about?” Kataru asked.
“Nothing really. I was just noticing that Sataru has become a full fledge vampire.” He said with a smile.
“What! How?” Kataru asked.
“She has finally drunk the blood of a non-vampire. Is he Yuuki’s substitute now that he is dead?” Hajji asked with a smile.
“You better shut up right now Hajji.” I said as my fangs showed.
“What does your prey think about you getting another? What was his name? That’s right! His name was Datashi.” Hajji said with an evil smile.
“Datashi hasn’t figured it out yet.” I said as I looked at the ground.
“You know Datashi will kill this slayer once he finds out, regardless of how it will effect you.”
“Datashi wouldn’t do that!” I yelled as tears filled in my eyes.
“But he loves you and he will do anything to have you.” Hajji said as Datashi walked up and stood in between Hajji and me.
“You better shut up right now. If you make Sataru cry I’ll have to kill you, Hajji.” Datashi said.
“Fine, fine. I was just trying to defend you.” Hajji said with another evil smile.
“What are you talking about?” Datashi yelled.
“I was just telling Sataru that she shouldn’t have gotten another prey so quickly.”
“What? Another prey?” Datashi said and then he turned to me. “What other prey?”
I felt a tear run down my cheek. “I had to. It had to be done, Datashi. I wanted you to only be my prey, but I had to get another.”
“Who is it?”
“Datashi…” I said as another tear fell.
“Who do I have to kill?”
“You can’t kill him, Datashi.”
“Fine! I won’t kill him, but I deserve to know!”
“Vlad.” I whispered and Datashi looked angry. He stared at Vlad’s neck and saw the marks.
“Why?” He asked, “Why did you make him your second prey?”
“I had to. I couldn’t marry him without doing it.” I said. Datashi was about to run away when I hugged his waist. “I’m sorry Datashi! I’m so sorry!” I cried and he put his hand on my head. I let go and he bent down to me. He kissed me deeply.
“She is mine and only mine, slayer.” Datashi said as his fangs showed.
“Datashi…”
“Get rid of him, Sataru. Stop this marriage.”
“What?”
“If you don’t, I will have to kill him and I know you couldn’t stand that. Decide if you will come back to the vampires or stay with him and let him perish. I need your answer by dinner tonight.” Datashi said and then he walked away. I couldn’t believe Datashi had just told me to leave Vlad or he would die! I knew I shouldn’t have bit him.
“This is the reason I didn’t invite any of you! I don’t want my family to interfere!” I yelled to Hajji, as I ignored my closing eyes and tried to stay standing. “You’re a bastard Hajji! If you ever interfere with my life again I will kill you!” I yelled. Then I ran away as fast as I could. I ran to Yuuki’s apartment and locked the door behind me. Vlad had followed me and finally got to the door as I slid down it. I hit the floor as he tried to open the door.
“Sataru! Let me in! We need to talk!” He yelled.
“No! I shouldn’t have bitten you!”
“Sataru! I don’t understand what is going on! Please! Help me understand!” He yelled. I didn’t want to let him in but I knew it had to be done. He deserved to know what was going on. I stood and opened the door. He came in and we sat on the couches across from each other.
“I have to tell you quickly because I’m going to faint soon.”
“Then tell me.”
“What do you want to know?” I asked as I held my head up with my hands.
“What is a prey?”
“You, Datashi, and Yuuki are my prey. You are the selected few who I have bitten. When I bite anyone they are immediately given powers and are attracted to me even more. When I bit you last night you became my first non-vampire prey. When a vampire bites a non-vampire they are considered a full vampire.”
“But you told me you never bit Yuuki!”
“I lied. I didn’t want you to know anything about this because I knew Datashi would find out and want to kill you.”
“Why does Datashi want to kill me?”
“Datashi has always wanted to be my one and only prey but Yuuki had become my prey before him and he was great friend with Yuuki, so he didn’t kill Yuuki. But Yuuki died so Datashi was my only prey and he knew that meant he would have the right to ask the council if I could marry him. When I bit you I deceived his plan and he became angry. So, he has decided either I have to take off the marriage or he will kill you. Either way I am hurt and he will be able to marry me.” I said as I felt tears fall down my face.
“Sataru…” He said sadly.
“I’m so sorry I got you into this mess but I wanted you so badly! I love you and I wanted to only be yours!” I cried, “Vlad, I’m stopping our marriage.”
“What!”
“It’s the only way that you won’t get hurt! If anything happened to you I wouldn’t be able to live with myself!” I cried. I heard Vlad stand and he walked over to me. He whipped my tears from my face and then kissed me.
“I’m not leaving.”
“But you have to!”
“I’d do anything to be able to stay with you. I love you and only you Sataru,” He said as he sat next to me and hugged me, “I am staying with the three of you no matter what.”
“I love you Vlad.” I said as I stopped crying.
“I love you too.” He said and then I finally fainted.

I woke up from my fainting spell in the nick of time. It was 6:30 and that gave me enough time to get changed and get to Datashi’s house. I looked up to see my head had been in Vlad’s lap. He was asleep, so I quietly went into Yuuki’s room and got on a nice pair of jeans that were dark navy. I also wore a light pink tank top with a white jacket over it. I had all 3 of my necklaces on which looked good with what I was wearing. Then I went into the kitchen and wrote Vlad a note.

Vlad, I’ll be back very late tonight, so don’t wait up. A promise is a promise, so I’m going to go to Datashi’s and talk to him. I will try to negotiate something with him. You should eat before you go to sleep, so don’t forget! I love you! ~Sataru


I left the note in Vlad’s lap, got on my sandals, and left. I walked to Datashi’s home and rang the bell. I got there exactly at 7 and I was glad I wasn’t late. Datashi’s mother answered the door of their large house and let me in. “You’re right on time.” She said with a smile as I walked in.
“Thank you for inviting me.” I said with a smile.
“Of course! You are a friend of the whole family.” She said and smiled.
“Sataru-san!” Natasha-kun and Hatano-kun yelled as they saw me. They were standing at the top of the front grand staircase and they quickly ran down the stairs, but Natasha-kun tripped.
“Natasha-kun!” I yelled as I used my vampire powers to quickly get over to the stairs and caught her. She smiled at me when I set her down. “Be more careful.” I said with a smile.
“Sorry, I will be.”
“Thank you for catching her, Sataru.” Datashi’s mother said.
“It was my pleasure, Mrs. Barrier.”
“I’m embarrassed to say, but the food isn’t ready.” She blushed.
“That’s perfectly fine! I can wait.” I said with a smile and then I heard someone walking down the grand staircase. I looked up to see it was Datashi. He hadn’t changed from the graduation, but his attitude had changed.
“Is it alright if Sataru and I go to my room?” Datashi asked his mother.
“Of course. I will call you when dinner is ready,” She said, “Come on Natasha and Hatano. You can help me.” She said and the three of them left. Datashi walked down to the bottom of the stairs and smiled.
“Have you made your decision?” He asked kindly. I nodded and he intertwined his fingers with mine. “Let’s go up to my room to talk.” He said and we walked up the grand staircase. Once we reached the top we turned left and walked down the hallway to his room. He opened the door and I walked in. He shut the door and locked it as I sat on his bed. “So?”
“I have an idea.”
“Do tell.” He said as he sat next to me.
“My children now have Vlad’s blood in them, so I can’t take them away from Vlad.”
“I didn’t think of them.” He admitted.
“So I propose that we still become lovers, but I still marry Vlad.”
“What do you mean?”
“I will marry Vlad, but every week I will come to you.”
“So you will cheat on him just to keep him alive?”
“Yes, and I still do love you Datashi. I don’t want to stop being with you.” I said and he smiled.
“I love you, Sataru.”
“I love you too, Datashi.” I lied to him. This was the only way to keep Vlad safe, so this is what I had to do until I thought of another way. Datashi slowly laid me on the bed with him on top of me. He kissed me deeply and passionately. Then he slipped my jacket off of me and took his off also. He then took off his shirt and I took off my tank top. He held me tightly as he kissed me even more. Right as we were getting serious we were interrupted by a knock at the locked door.
“Yea?” Datashi asked.
“Dinner’s ready.” Datashi’s mother said.
“We’ll be down in a minute.” Datashi said and we listened to his mother walk away.
“We can finish this after dinner.” I said with a fake smile.
“Yea.” He said as he kissed me once more. Then we put our shirts and jackets back on. I fixed my hair and so did he. Then we walked downstairs to dinner. The dinner went smoothly and Datashi stared at me longingly many times. After we were done we went back to his room and started again.

I woke up in a room that wasn’t Yuuki’s, and then remembered what I had done earlier. I felt something on my stomach so I lifted the covers slightly and saw Datashi’s hands were wrapped around me. I turned to my other side and saw Datashi’s sleeping face. He was smiling and I knew he had waited a long time for this. I slowly and gently took his hands off me and slid out of the bed. To my horror the bed creaked and Datashi woke up. “Where are you going?” He asked as he sat up.
“I have to go back. Vlad is waiting for me.” I said. I got on my cloths and he watched me get dressed. He got out of the bed and stood as I slid my feet into my sandals. He hugged me from behind like Vlad did and kissed my neck. I turned around so I was facing him and he kissed me.
“Please take some.”
“What?”
“Since the day you made me your prey last year you haven’t taken my blood. For a prey it is the best thing in the world to have your blood taken by the person you love. So, please take some.”
“Alright.” I said as I put my hand on the right side of Datashi’s neck and then I bit into the left. I could feel him tense and then relax. He hugged me as I took some of his blood. When I had enough I took my fangs out of his neck and swallowed. I looked at Datashi’s face and he smiled.
“Thank you.” He said and then he kissed me.
“Take care of that wound.” I said as I quietly opened Datashi’s door. Then I cautiously slipped out of Datashi’s house and started towards the apartment. I looked at my watch and saw it was almost midnight. I thought of an excuse for why I was gone so long and I finally decided I would say we played games with Datashi’s cousins until they fell asleep and then we had drinks to celebrate our graduation. It seemed like a good reason and I prayed Vlad wouldn’t catch on. I walked up the stairs of the apartment complex and quietly knocked on the door. A sleepy Vlad opened the door and I came in. He shut the door and yawned. “Did I wake you?” I asked.
“No, I was just dozing off on the couch.” He said with a smile.
“Sorry I’m coming back so late.” I said with a smile.
“What did you guys do after you ate?”
“We played games with Datashi’s cousins until they fell asleep at 10 then the adults had drinks and we talked.”
“Did you talk to Datashi?” He asked without suspicion.
“Yea, he said he just over reacted and he won’t kill you.”
“Really? I would’ve never guessed Datashi would change his mind.”
“I was really nice to him so he was nice back, that’s all.” I said with a smile filled with lies.
“I’m going to go to bed. Do you want to join me?”
“Sure.” I said with a smile and he held my hand. We went into Yuuki’s bedroom and immediately fell asleep.

I woke up in the morning at 10 and left Yuuki’s room quietly. I made bacon the way Yuuki liked it and ate it. Then I went to the kitchen and picked up the phone. I put in Katashi’s number and called. “Hello?”
“Hi Katashi, It’s Sataru.”
“Hello Sataru.” He said kindly.
“I was wondering if I could come see you today and get a sonogram? I want to see the sex of the twins.”
“Sure. I’m free from noon to 1. Do you want to come then?”
“That would be great.” I said as the door opened to Yuuki’s room and a tired Vlad walked out. I waved to him and he walked over to me. He hugged me from behind and kissed my neck as I held the phone.
“Then I’ll see you at noon.” Katashi said.
“I’ll see you at noon! Bye!” I said and then I hung up the phone. I turned to Vlad and he kissed me. “Good morning.”
“Good morning.” He said back with a smile.
“Why are you up so early?”
“I heard the door shut when you left.”
“I’m sorry I woke you.” I said as he laid his head on my shoulder.
“It’s fine,” He said with a smile, “So what’s happening at noon?”
“I’m going to have a sonogram. If what grandmother said was true I should be able to see the sex of the twins.”
“That’s cool. Can I go too?” He asked as he let go of me and we walked to the couch.
“Sure. I’d like that.” I said as we sat on the couch next to each other.
“Oh! I have something for you.” He said as he ran into Yuuki’s room and came back with something behind him.
“You didn’t have to get me something.” I said as he walked over to me but stayed standing.
“Yes I did. This is why I was late yesterday.” He said as he finally sat next to me. He held a small black velvet covered box in front of me and smiled. As he opened it he said, “I wanted to make our engagement official.” Inside was a diamond ring that was beautiful! It was also a sliver band but it had a large sized diamond in the middle and medium aqua blue crystals on the sides of it that reached halfway down the sides of the ring.
“Oh my god, Vlad! It’s beautiful!” I said as I hugged him. When I let go of him he held my left hand and took off Yuuki’s ring.
“You should put this somewhere special so it doesn’t get ruined.” He said as he put his ring in the place of Yuuki’s ring.
“I’m going to do that right now.” I said as I took Yuuki’s ring out of Vlad’s hand and ran to Yuuki’s room. I put the ring on Yuuki’s dresser next to his picture of the two of us. Then I ran back to Vlad and hugged him again.
“So you like it?”
“I love it!” I yelled happily and then I kissed him deeply. He lay down on the couch as I kissed him. We kissed for a few minutes and once we were done I laid my head on Vlad’s chest. “I love you, Vlad.”
“I love you too, Sataru.” He said as he stroked my hair. We stayed like that for about 15 minutes and just enjoyed each others company, finally the moment got too long, so I put my elbows gently on Vlad’s stomach and held my head on my hands.
“Do you still want a boy and a girl?”
“Yea. I think that would be great.”
“I think so too. I’ve always wanted a daughter and I’d like to have a son too.”
“It would really stink if they turned out to be two girls.” He smiled.
“We could manage.” I said as I returned his smile.
“I noticed a little while ago that your stomach is a little bigger.”
“Really?” I asked as I stood up and looked at my stomach. My shirt that had been perfectly sized last night was now slightly short. There was about an inch gap. “I did! Oh my gosh! I can’t believe it!” I said as I started to jump up and down and dance around the room. Vlad sat up and laughed.
“Most woman hate gaining weight but you’re cheering because of it.” He said with another laugh.
I stopped jumping to answer him. “But I’m like no one else in the world!” I said with a smiled, “I’m not supposed to act like anyone else.”
“Yea, and that is what I love most about you.”
“I know you do and I love that you aren’t like most slayers I know. You try to think from others perspective and try to understand them before you judge them.”
“I only started doing that when you explained your type of thinking.”
“Then I guess I changed you for the better.” I said with a laugh.
“You’re too full of yourself!” He said sarcastically. Then my phone started to buzz from Yuuki’s room. I went and picked it up.
“Hello?” I asked as I walked back to where Vlad was and sat next to him on the couch again.
“Hey Sataru! It’s Shelby!” Shelby said.
“Hey Shelby! What’s up?”
“You’ll never guess where I am! Go on! Try to guess!”
“Um…I don’t know. Your house?” I
“No! I’m in front of your boyfriends apartment!”
“What?”
“Is it okay with your boyfriend if I come up?”
“Um…let me ask him. Wait just a second.” I said as I put the phone to my chest. “Vlad, my friend wants to come up. Is that okay?” I whispered.
“Is she a slayer or a vampire?”
“Neither. She’s a human.”
“I don’t see any reason why it would be bad.”
“Alright.” I said as I lifted the phone back to my ear. “It’s fine. Come up to room 103.” I said and she hung up. I heard a loud noise outside the door and then there was a loud knock on the door. I went to it and opened it.
“Sataru!” Shelby yelled as she jumped on top of me and hugged me. I fell to the floor and she started to laugh.
“Hello to you too.” I said with a smile.
Shelby noticed Vlad on the couch looking on his phone. “Is that your boyfriend?” She whispered.
“Yea. His name is Vlad.” I whispered back. She got up and brushed the non-excitant filth off he jean mini-skirt. I got up also and shut the door. “Vlad, this is my friend Shelby from school.” I said and Vlad stood. He walked over to us and put his hand out.
“Nice to meet you.” He said with a charming smile. Shelby had to look up very high to see him.
“Very tall…” Is all she said as she shook his hand.
“I beg your pardon?” Vlad asked.
“I meant it’s nice to meet you too!” She said with a blushing face and Vlad let go of her hand.
“So why weren’t you at the ceremony yesterday?”
“My dad was in a plane accident and so I had to go see him in the hospital.”
“What! Is he alright?” I asked.
“Yea. He just has two broken bones. It wasn’t a big accident because no one died.”
“At least he is alright.”
“So, Vlad. What do you do for a job?”
“I work for my father’s legal firm.”
“That’s cool.”
“Do you want something to eat, Shelby?”
“Sure.” She said and we walked into the kitchen.
“You’ll have to forgive what I am wearing. I just got out of bed.” I said as I stopped in the kitchen.
“It’s fine.” She said with a smile.
“So what do you want?”
“Um…do you have any grapes?” She asked and I got them out. We sat on the counter and she ate the grapes. We watched Vlad go into the bedroom and shut the door. “So are you two serious?” She asked.
“Yea. He proposed to me two days ago.”
“Really? Can I see the ring?” She asked and I put out my hand her eyes glistened when she saw it. “Damn! That’s one hell of a rock!” When she said that her long cornrows that went into braids bounced from her shoulders and set back down where the once were.
“I know! But it’s so pretty.”
“Yea, you got a good guy.”
“Very tall.” I said as I tried to copy her face from earlier and she lightly hit my shoulder. Then we both started laughing.
“Have you gained weight or have your cloths shrunk?” She asked as she lifted the end of my short shirt.
“I think I gained a little weight.” I said as I put my hand on my stomach and Vlad came out of the room but we ignored him.
“Do you think you’re pregnant? I mean you are engaged.”
“Oh heavens no! I’m not pregnant! I will never get pregnant!” I said with a fake laugh and Vlad looked at me in shock.
“Good! You’re way too young to get pregnant!” She said with a laugh.
“Oh! Speaking of pregnancy, guess who in our grade is pregnant!”
“Who?” She asked longingly.
“Faith!” I yelled and we both started laughing very loud.
“Who the father?”
“Justin!”
“But I thought she was dating Destin!” She yelled.
“She was until he found out she was pregnant.” I said and we laughed again. When we stopped I looked at the clock, which said it was 10:45. Then I looked back at Shelby.
“By the way, I got a boyfriend!” She said with a smile.
“What! Who is it?”
“His name is Kataru. I met him in town yesterday and we started going out.”
“Kataru? Is his last name by any chance Cross?”
“Yea, do you know him?”
“He’s my half brother. He was in town for the graduation yesterday.”
“What? Why didn’t you ever tell me you had such a cute brother?”
“He lives in Italy so I never thought you would meet him.”
“Is it okay if I date your half brother?”
“Yea. I don’t care.” I said and she smiled.
“Good, because I really like him.”
“But I have to warn you that he is a lot more dangerous than he looks.”
“He is? What do you mean?”
“He was in trial because he was accused of killing, but he wasn’t found guilty.”
“Who did they think he killed?”
“Eri Blood.”
“Who is that?”
“She was my half sister on my father’s side.”
“But did he really do it?” She asked eagerly.
“Yea. I saw it.” I said as I crossed my arms and nodded my head. She gasped and then pulled her mini skirt lower on her mocha colored legs.
“Why!”
“After my parents died I would go on play dates with Eri, Kataru, and my other brother. Eri would always bully me and my brothers would bully her in my defense. But when we got older we only got together at Christmas and we usually got along. Sadly when I started dating this guy named Sashomaru I found out my sister liked him. It was 5 years ago from this Christmas that Kataru and my other brother killed Eri. Eri got angry with me and threatened to kill me. When I told her to get away from me she got a knife from the kitchen and tried to stab me. She cut my stomach and my brother’s heard my scream, so they came running to help me. When they saw Eri about to stab me again my other brother kicked her off of me and Kataru shot her with his gun.” I explained.
“So he isn’t a killer, he was just protecting you.” She said, thinking out loud with a funny look on her face.
“Yea, but that shows you that if you do anything horrible he might kill you. I just wanted to warn you.”
“So what’s your other brother’s name?”
“Hajji Blood. Eri was his full blood sister.” I said. She nodded and we sat there quietly for a second.
“By the way, guess who I saw this morning.”
“Who?”
“Datashi. It was really weird! He’s changed!”
“What do you mean?”
“Mr. Gloomy Pants, who is usually emo, was wearing normal cloths and seemed happy!”
I tried my hardest not to blush. “You don’t say?”
“Yea,” She said as she looked at me face and then she had a dirty smile, “Did something happen between the two of you? You blushed when I said Datashi’s name.”
“Nothing really. We got into a fight yesterday and then we made up. I’m just glad he isn’t gloomy anymore.”
“That must be why he is so happy.”
“What?”
“You know how Datashi feels about you! He probably is happy because you two made up!”
“Yea, I guess.” I said as I looked at the clock. It was 11:15. “Um…Shelby, I have an appointment at noon and I still have to get ready.” I said with a sad smile.
“Oh! I get it.” She said as she hopped off the counter. “I have to leave.”
“Yea, sorry.”
“It’s all good. We can hang out later in the week.” She said as we walked to the door. I opened the door and she left. I waved to her and then I shut the door. I walked to the counter and got her plate that had had grapes on it. I put it n the sink and started towards Yuuki’s room.
“You never told me that story.” Vlad said as I passed him. He was sitting on the small couch reading the newspaper.
“I didn’t? I thought I did.”
“Nope.”
“Oh. Sorry.” I said and then I walked into Yuuki’s room. I heard Vlad following me and I knew he couldn’t see me in the shower! I had marks from my event last night. I knew if he saw them he would figure out what I did. Even if it was the only way to save him I knew he would hate the idea of it. So I went into the bathroom and locked the door. I quickly turned on the shower and took off my cloths. I was in the shower with shampoo in my hair when I heard Vlad shake the locked doorknob.
“Sataru, why did you lock the door?” He called through the door.
“Sorry! Did I lock it?” I asked, playing dumb.
“Yea. Can you come unlock it?” He asked as I washed out the shampoo and put conditioner in.
“Just a second! I’ve got shampoo in my hair! One minute!” I said as I washed the conditioner out and washed my body. I quickly turned off the shower, dried myself off with a towel, and put on a robe. I ran to the door and unlocked it.
“You’re already out?” He asked as he looked at my robe.
“Yea. I had to take a quick shower or I’m going to miss my appointment.” I said, which was slightly true.
“Oh. Alright. I’ll take a fast shower then.” He said as he walked into the bathroom and I shut the door behind me.
This is going to be harder than I first thought. I need to come up with a cover for leaving once a week. I know! I’ll say I have a job every Friday night at the dinner I used to work at from 6 to 11! Brilliant! I thought as I went to Yuuki’s dresser and got my cloths. I took out a black tank top and a ripped up jean mini skirt. I put them on and went to the computer. I got on my email and saw I had a new message. I opened the first one a ready it in my head.
From: Datashi Barrier
Subject: Dates

For our weekly meetings I think we should meet on Thursday or Friday nights. From 5 to 12 I am the only one at my house, so no one will know you came over and there will be no suspicions. Whichever day works for you just tell me. I will never forget last night. You gave me the best night of my life! I love you Sataru! Now that I have you I am the luckiest vampire in the world. I can’t wait for next week! I’ll see you then!
I blushed when I read Datashi’s message for me. All the sudden Vlad walked into the living room and came over to me. I quickly closed my e-mail and shut the laptop. “Are you ready to go?” I asked with a smile.
“Yea. We have 10 minutes until we need to be there. Do we have enough time?” He asked. Vlad was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a white no-sleeve shirt. The shirt made his muscular body look irresistible.
I stood and put my hand on his abs. “It only takes 5 minutes to get to Katashi’s. He lives just down the street.”
“Alright. Well leave in five minutes then.”
“You have a ten pack.” I said as I brushed my fingers across his abs.
“Yea. One of the best slayers in the world has to have a ten pack or how would we do our job?”
“Yea.” I said with a smile.
“So can they hear us yet?” He asked as he put his hand on my stomach.
“Yea. They started hearing us yesterday.”
“I know I’m going to love them.” He said with a smile.
“Will I have to compete with them for your attention?”
“Never. My attention and love will always go to you first.” He said and then we held hands.
“Good, because it is the same for me.” I said with a smile as Vlad sat on the couch and I stood.
“Sit here.” He said as he pointed to his lap. I sat down and he kissed me deeply. He pulled his fingers through my long hair until he got to my shoulder. Then he held my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. We stayed like that until Vlad’s watch said 11:55. Then we walked down the street to Katashi’s apartment. When we got there I knocked on the door and he answered. Immediately when Katashi opened the door he hugged me tightly.
“I heard about Yuuki yesterday. I’m so sorry!” He said as he squeezed me. I put my hand on his head kindly.
“Are you alright? Can you handle his death?” I asked as I stroked his short hair. “You were Yuuki’s good friend, so it’s fine if you’re sad.”
“I’m still trying to understand why he was taken from us! Why did he have to die? Why did god take him! He was going to be a father! All he wanted in this world was to make you and the twins happy! Why?! Why?!” Katashi said as he buried his head in my shoulder. I stroked his head more and tried to calm him down.
“He was taken by my own sin. I’m sorry.” I said as I let go of him.
“What are you talking about?” He asked as he let go of me and looked at my face.
“If I had killed Sashomaru before hand Yuuki would still be with us. Not killing Sashomaru was a sin on my part.” I said.
“You mean Sashomaru killed him?” He asked. I nodded as I chocked back my tears. He looked shocked. “I’ll deal with Sashomaru.” He said and I smiled. “So you wanted another sonogram?” He asked as he let me in.
“Yes. I want to see the twin’s sexes.” I said as Katashi noticed Vlad for the first time.
“Who are you?” Katashi asked Vlad.
“Vladimir Saint.” Vlad said.
“So you’re Yuuki’s replacement?” Katashi asked.
“You could say that.” Vlad said with a smile.
“Please come in. You should see their sexes too.” Katashi said and Vlad walked in behind me. Katashi had me lay on the same table I had last time. I lay down, he put the same gel on my stomach, and then he put the suction cup of the machine on my stomach. He searched the screen for something as he moved the large suction cup around on my stomach. Finally he stopped and turned the screen to me. Vlad stood next to me and looked also. “See this one right here.” Katashi said as he pointed to a small thing on the screen. “This one is a boy…” He started to say, but then he moved his pointing finger to another small thing on the screen. “And this one is a girl. Congratulations! You’re having a boy and a girl.” He said with a smile.
“You got your wish Vlad.” I said with a smile and he smiled back.
“Is that all?”
“Yes. Thank you. We’ll go now.” I said as we walked to the door and I opened it. Vlad walked out and I looked at Katashi. “Tell me if anything happens with Sashomaru.” I said and then I shut the door. I held Vlad’s hand as we walked back to the apartment and he seemed happy.
“This is a first.” He said as he looked at our hands.
“What is a first?” I asked with a smile.
“You never really show very much affection in public. I’m glad you are.” He said with a smile.
“I’m just really happy because Yuri and Tatsu are happy.”
“Who?”
“Yurika and Tatsuyoshi, the twins. Yuri and Tatsu are their nicknames.”
“Oh. When did u figure that out?”
“I’ve had my whole life to think of children names. I came up with their nicknames a long time ago.” I said with a smile. He nodded and we both look at the ground. I thought of the twins and wonder if they will be okay in the world? Will they end up like me? I wanted to ask Vlad what he thought.
“So do you think they will end up like me?”
“What do you mean by ending up like you?”
“Will they grow up to be as sad as me?” I asked and he looked at me in surprise.
“No. They will have you and you will have them. And all three of you will have me.” He said with a kind smile.
“I pray they don’t end up like me. I will stop at nothing to keep them from living my life.”
“What do you hate about your life?” He asked curiously.
“Everyone wishes I didn’t exist.”
“What makes you think that?”
“No one likes complications in their life and I complicate every persons life that I know.”
“I don’t know about anyone else, but you didn’t complicate my life, you made it better.” He said with a smile as he squeezed my hand. I thought of what I did last night and didn’t feel happy that he was holding my hand.
“Vlad, are you sure you want this? You don’t have to go through with this marriage.”
“But I want to be with you, Yuri, and Tatsu for as long as life will permit.” He said with a smile.
“Are you sure? I don’t want to ruin your life like I have for so many other.”
“I’ve loved you ever since I saved you so long ago. Then I got to propose to you and I loved you even more. But after you bit me I don’t think I could live without you because I love you so much.” He said as he stopped walking I looked at him and faked a smile. He kissed me and then we walked to Yuuki’s apartment.

The author's comments:
It is not finished, but still rate and comment! Thanks!

I woke up two nights later, Monday, because I felt something hit my stomach. I sat up quickly in Yuuki’s bed and accidentally woke Vlad up also. He looked at me with concern and I smiled wearily. “You okay?” He asked with a long lasting yawn.
“Yea. Give me your hand.” I said and he looked at me in confusion. “You’ll see in a second why.” I said and he stuck his hand out to me. I took his hand and put it on my stomach that was the size of a watermelon now. I felt another hit on my stomach and Vlad’s hand moved on my bare stomach. “Feel them?” I asked.
“Is that the twins?” He asked curiously as he sat up in the bed.
“Yea. They’re kicking my stomach.” I said and we both slightly jumped when an unexpected kick came again. We laughed after.
“Their really violent.” He joked.
“Yea.” I laughed. “Maybe they’re fighting.” I suggested.
“Could be. Most siblings do that.” He added and I let go of his hand.
“Speaking of siblings, do you have any?” I asked.
“I have a younger brother and an older sister.”
“Do you get along with them?” I asked.
“Sort of, we fight like most siblings.” He said.
“Do you love them too?” I asked curiously.
“Not the way I love you, but yea I do love them.”
The babies kicked my stomach and I jumped. “I don’t think I can get used to this.” I said with a smile. Vlad laughed and I did too. I looked at the clock and sighed.
“What time is it?” He asked.
“Three in the morning. Sorry I woke you up.” I said with a smile.
“It’s alright. I’m glad you did.” He said as he put his hand on my stomach and we both jumped when the babies kicked me.

I woke up 3 hours later and went to the kitchen quietly so I wouldn’t wake Vlad. I went up to Yuuki’s calendar and crossed off the day. I looked at the date again and saw a birthday cake drawn on there. To the side of the cake it said ‘HAPPY BIRTHDAY SATARU!’. I breathed out a sigh as the door to the bedroom opened. I turned to see Vlad. He smiled as he walked to me.
“Morning!” I said happily.
“Morning.” He said and then kissed me. He went over to the coffee maker and started it. I walked to the fridge and got out cranberry juice. I poured myself a glass of it and put the carton back. “Did the twins keep you up too late?” He asked as he leaned against the counter in front of the coffee maker.
“Not really. They stopped fighting after a while.”
“Good.” He smiled and then the phone rang. I looked at the caller-ID and saw it was Datashi. I remembered our secret and decided not to answer. “Aren’t you gonna pick that up?”
“No. I don’t really want to talk to Datashi right now.” I said as the recorder beeped.
“Hey Sataru! It’s Datashi! I was just callin’ to say happy 18th birthday! Call me when you get this! Bye!” Datashi said and then the recorder beeped again.
“Birthday?” Vlad asked.
“Yea.” I said as I quickly walked away. I went over to the stack of papers that was on the table in the living room and started flipping through them. Vlad went over to me and watched. I finally found a small binder that said 8/14/11. I sat on the couch with it in my hands and opened it. I flipped through it and almost started crying.
“What is that?” Vlad asked.
“The plans Yuuki had made for today. He planned for us to go to Europe and then we were going to get married in England a week from today.” I whispered as I held back tears. Then I threw the binder across the room and it slid across the wood floor. I put my face in my hands as I started to cry. “Damn it! Why did he have to be so good to me!” I yelled as flashes of Yuuki went through my head. They were followed by visions of Yuuki’s bloody death by Sashomaru. My fangs started to grow out of anger and I felt the urge to rip Sashomaru’s neck open and drink his blood. The babies kicked my stomach, as my urge got stronger. Vlad started to walk toward me. “Don’t get near me, Vlad! I’ll hurt you!” I yelled and he stepped backwards. I started to breath slowly until I was calm again. Then I fell to my side and lay on the couch. I put my hand over my fang-filled mouth so Vlad wouldn’t see. Tears still ran from my eyes and went sideways down my face. Vlad walked fairly close to me.
“Can I come near?” He asked.
I nodded and he sat on the ground in front of me. He brushed away the hair that had fallen in my face and whipped my tears away. No matter how calm I got my fangs and tears wouldn’t go away.
“Why is your hand over your mouth?” He asked.
“I don’t want to scare you.” I said through my hand.
“How could you scare me?” He asked.
“My vampire side could scare the living goodness out of you.” I said and Vlad laughed.
“I want see all sides of you, Sataru. Please let me see.” I moved my hand and his eyes widened. Then he relaxed and put his hand on my cheek. “I’ve seen much worse. You barely look any different when you’re a vampire.”
“Thanks for lying.” I said with a smile and my fangs and tears finally disappeared. Then Vlad kissed me and I sat back up.

Tuesday morning I sat up and noticed my stomach had grown again. It now resembled a watermelon and it seemed as heavy as one. I stood slowly and my back strained with the weight. I slowly walked to the kitchen and cooked the bacon I had come accustomed to. I ate the bacon and then went to the couch. My body relaxed when I sat down because I was not lifting the twins anymore and I felt better. I propped my feet up on the coffee table in front of me and noticed my ankles were swelling. I suddenly wanted brownies and set my hand on my stomach, “You two really like sweets, don’t you?” I whispered with a smile and then slightly lifted my shirt. Stretch marks were forming on my watermelon and now all of my cloths did not fit at all. I had to wear pajama pants and t-shirts all the time, “We should probably get some new cloths, kids.” I admitted, but then looked up when Vlad came into the room. I smiled as he came to my side in jeans and a t-shirt.
“I think they would agree, Sataru. You need some maternity cloths,” He commented and I nodded, “Do you want to leave now and get them?”
I sighed, “Yea. I can’t stand pajama pants anymore.” I replied and he slowly helped me get up. We went downstairs and got into his sports car. He slowly drove to the nearest mall, but I stopped him as we came in, “Could you get me a brownie?” I asked kindly and his right eyebrow rose.
“A brownie at ten in the morning?”
I nodded, “Yep,” I replied and he sighed as he walked off. He bought me a bag of brownies and then came back to my side, “Thanks.” I said nicely and then went with Vlad to a maternity cloths store around the corner from the brownie place. When we went in a young girl that was maybe two years older than me scurried to my side.
“Can I help you?” She asked me kindly.
“Yea, actually. I’m in need of cloths, as you can tell.” I said with a smile to her perky attitude.
“Are you having twins?”
I nodded, “How did you know?”
She smiled, “You are the size of most woman with just one child right before birth so I assumed you were having twins. Here, follow me. I have the perfect things,” She said and then led us to the back of the store, but stopped in front of a man in fancy cloths and a pink tie.
“Johnny, can you help me get this lady some things?” She asked kindly and the man smiled as he examined me.
“Of course. You should wait in the dressing room. We will bring you some things.” He said and I nodded. Vlad helped me to the dressing room as the two people walked around the store. When the girl came back she handed me two dresses, but turned when the man came over to us, “Starlet, do you think this will work?” He asked in a girly way.
“Yea.” She replied and he handed me two pairs of jeans, two dresses, and three shirts. I brought the cloths with me into the dressing room and changed into the first dress. The dress was a deep brown that was tight at the top, had a light-blue silk band that went between my breasts and my stomach, and from the band the dress flowed out loosely so that my stomach fit comfortably till it stopped at my knees. The second dress was a light green with white dots on it that had an elastic band above my stomach and then became loose till it ended near the floor. I then tried on the jeans and realized they were both the same type of jean except one was darker than the other. I tried on the three shirts that included one black, one red, and one purple shirt. They all were very loose and my stomach fit. I changed back into the first dress and came out of the changing room with my original cloths and the other cloths in my arms. I smiled as they all looked to the dress, “I knew that brown and blue would bring out your eyes!” The girl gushed.
“Do you think I could wear this out?” I asked and she nodded before bringing me to the register. She rang up my cloths and kindly took all the tags off of the dress I was wearing. She put my new and old cloths into a bag and Vlad paid for them, “Thanks!” I said kindly before leaving with Vlad at my side. He kindly carried my two bags as I ate one of my brownies, but right as we were about to leave the mall I heard my name.
“Sataru!” Yuri, the hottest guy from school, yelled to me as he came over to us. He looked to my stomach and then to me, “You’re pregnant?”
I nodded, “Yea.”
“Since when?” He asked me suspiciously.
“Since the middle of school.”
“Are you the dad?” Yuri asked Vlad, who nodded, “Congratulations then.” He added, but then left when his girlfriend called. We then left the mall and went back to the house. I lay down on the couch with Vlad.
“You okay?” He asked as he gently rubbed my arm.
“Yea. Just tired.” I replied.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on Nov. 28 2017 at 12:55 am
Bladewolf17 SILVER, Kc, Kansas
8 articles 0 photos 8 comments
can you please write a second book, if you aren't already.

Knl3398 said...
on Aug. 2 2011 at 5:02 pm
Knl3398, Canton, Texas
0 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
To be nobody but yourself in a world doing its best to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle any human can ever fight and never stop fighting. -E. E. Cummings

I couldn't stop reading! Keep writing :)