Home > Novel (Fiction) > Sci-fi/Fantasy > Hollowed Fairytale

Hollowed Fairytale

faerietalesdie
Hollowed Fairytale
Summary: If asked, Susanna couldn’t tell you what’s wrong with her life. She loves it; it’s the best thing that’s ever happened to her, honestly. Sure, she doesn’t know how long it will last, but it’s all about the future baby. It’s what she lives for; it’s the only thing on her mind.

Her passion is photography because she wants to capture a beautiful moment and have it stay there. The ironic thing is that she doesn’t really think anything is worth saving.

Somehow, in the midst of waiting, she gets herself caught up in the fantasies of her younger mind, of a time when things weren’t so congenial. Suddenly, everything concrete, anything sure and wonderful, is a question. A string of nights and dangerously telling dreams completely tear open what she has believed about this world, or rather pretended to believe, and a new friend makes it easier for her to let go of everything she’s ever worked for. Slowly, she pieces together the fragments of past and present, and finds emotions and ideas she has never considered. But what do they matter if they condemn her to a fate very similar to death—the loss of humanity?

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 5, 2011 at 9:15 am
Hey! I love the sense of mystery in the first chapter. For a second, I had no idea what was going on. I like the style of your writing, even though I caught a few minor errors that can be taken care of easily. I’m interested to see where the story is going. And if you’d like, check out my novel--Wandering Soul. I’m kind of posting it as I write, and I’d appreciate some feedback. Thanks. Anyway, keep writing :)

faerietalesdie replied...

Thank you! The second chapter is supposed to be like that. It makes a lot more sense after reading the third chapter. The whole story is supposed to be a puzzle (I just don't know if I suceeded in making it one).

What sort of errors are there? I wouldn't be surprised if I mispelled something.

Ok! I'll defintely check it out. I like the sound of the title all ready.

Thank you again!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 7, 2011 at 12:49 am
I think the only errors I saw may have been some past/present tense problems. Other than that, it was really good. I think you’re succeeding in making it a sort of puzzle :)

Meko8195 replied...
May 10, 2011 at 10:54 am
I to saw some small errors like saying "safe" instead of "save". small errors but other than that the stories great :)