Home > Novel (Fiction) > Sci-fi/Fantasy > Shadows of the Past

Shadows of the Past

Tonya M.
Shadows of the Past
Summary: "And they all lived happily ever after…" This phrase is known to many fairytales as the perfect ending. ..not this one. Welcome to a world where happily ever after is non-existent and eye for an eye is their only belief. Species at war, werewolves and demons terrorize, drugs and alcohol inches within reach, and magical powers at your fingertips.

Naomi Elizabeth Shadows lives a hard knock life. After going through her mother's death she's forced to care for her younger half-sister, Sienna, whom has been having nerve-wracking dreams about her mother since she died. Naomi also has started to get abused by her alcoholic stepfather. Moments at home escalate from damaging to terrifying. Thinking that running away into the forest, set in her backyard, will save her from all the pain; she is thoroughly mistaken. For the pain is only beginning as she is taken under the wing of an unlikely friend who knows many things Naomi couldn't even imagine.

maxy25599 said...
please write more you left me at the end and i really want to know what happens

VenomSyre replied...
Feb. 5, 2012 at 12:54 am :
I have an independent study this semester to work on it for an hour a day at school. I am hoping to have the next chapter ready in a week or so I'm sorry for the delay. I love active readers!

maxy25599 said...
i love this book you have to keep writing or i think i might die

Steph0804 said...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 8:13 am:
I love this story! Plus your descriptions are great (although Jesse seems really pathetic. There's proof of elle's evilness right under his werewolf snout, but he keeps ignoring it)

VenomSyre replied...
Aug. 5, 2011 at 6:43 pm :
haha, I'll agree with that. I'll need to make it a little more subtle in editing maybe. I'm working on chapter 11 as we speak. Hoping to have it up in a week or two

sheashea said...
Jun. 22, 2011 at 10:14 pm:
wow you NEED to finish it now i love it!!!

Jonesychic said...
Jun. 5, 2011 at 5:44 pm:
i really like this is there going to be more? i hope so

VenomSyre replied...
Jun. 6, 2011 at 2:14 pm :
School has been busy with working on finals so I've been falling behind in my work on SOTP. I'm hoping to have time after my finals to type up chapter 9 and have it posted for you guys. Happy reading! :)

DarlinKMarie said...
May 9, 2011 at 2:42 pm:
Darnit, get those next chapters up! I'm dying! lol

Mermaidmissy said...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 9:42 am:
Wow, your story took my breath away. It was that good to read. I hope you keep on writing some story's soon. :) 

VenomSyre replied...
Apr. 30, 2011 at 11:41 pm :
I'm glad to hear you liked it, I'll be posting more very soon.

DreamsForever said...
I love the idea of this novel! Keep up the good work!

PurpleWriter said...
Apr. 28, 2011 at 5:38 am:
This is awesome! Please add more!

VenomSyre replied...
Apr. 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm :
Thanks! I'm working at getting the 6 & 7 chapters written up. I apologize for the disoganization of chapter one, I'm trying to fix it and it keeps failing everytime I repost.  v.v

PurpleWriter replied...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 5:45 am :
It's ok.It's still awesome, even if it's a little disorganized.