Shadows of the Past | Teen Ink

Shadows of the Past

By VenomSyre BRONZE, Hudson, Wisconsin
VenomSyre BRONZE, Hudson, Wisconsin
1 article 1 photo 15 comments

"A wife who loses a husband is called a widow. A husband who loses a wife is called a widower.
A child who loses his parents is called an orphan. There is no word for a parent who loses a child.
That's how awful the loss is." - Ronald Reagan

Summary:

"And they all lived happily ever after…" This phrase is known to many fairytales as the perfect ending. ..not this one. Welcome to a world where happily ever after is non-existent and eye for an eye is their only belief. Species at war, werewolves and demons terrorize, drugs and alcohol inches within reach, and magical powers at your fingertips.

Naomi Elizabeth Shadows lives a hard knock life. After going through her mother's death she's forced to care for her younger half-sister, Sienna, whom has been having nerve-wracking dreams about her mother since she died. Naomi also has started to get abused by her alcoholic stepfather. Moments at home escalate from damaging to terrifying. Thinking that running away into the forest, set in her backyard, will save her from all the pain; she is thoroughly mistaken. For the pain is only beginning as she is taken under the wing of an unlikely friend who knows many things Naomi couldn't even imagine.

Tonya M.

Shadows of the Past

on Feb. 5 2012 at 12:54 am
VenomSyre BRONZE, Hudson, Wisconsin
1 article 1 photo 15 comments

I have an independent study this semester to work on it for an hour a day at school. I am hoping to have the next chapter ready in a week or so I'm sorry for the delay. I love active readers!

maxy25599 said...
please write more you left me at the end and i really want to know what happens

maxy25599 said...
i love this book you have to keep writing or i think i might die

VenomSyre BRONZE, Hudson, Wisconsin
1 article 1 photo 15 comments

haha, I'll agree with that. I'll need to make it a little more subtle in editing maybe. I'm working on chapter 11 as we speak. Hoping to have it up in a week or two

Steph0804 said...
on Aug. 5 2011 at 8:13 am
I love this story! Plus your descriptions are great (although Jesse seems really pathetic. There's proof of elle's evilness right under his werewolf snout, but he keeps ignoring it)

sheashea said...
wow you NEED to finish it now i love it!!!

VenomSyre BRONZE, Hudson, Wisconsin
1 article 1 photo 15 comments

School has been busy with working on finals so I've been falling behind in my work on SOTP. I'm hoping to have time after my finals to type up chapter 9 and have it posted for you guys. Happy reading! :)

KristySparklez BRONZE, Sterling, Colorado

Time only numbs all pain, it does not heal the wounds created by, nor does it heal the pain

i really like this is there going to be more? i hope so

DarlinKMarie said...
DarlinKMarie, Madison, Tennessee
Darnit, get those next chapters up! I'm dying! lol

VenomSyre BRONZE, Hudson, Wisconsin
1 article 1 photo 15 comments

I'm glad to hear you liked it, I'll be posting more very soon.

on Apr. 29 2011 at 9:42 am
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wow, your story took my breath away. It was that good to read. I hope you keep on writing some story's soon. :) 

on Apr. 29 2011 at 5:45 am
AbbyOliver6 BRONZE, New York, New York

"Every cloud has a silver lining" and "I don't get distracted easil-SQUIRREL!"

It's ok.It's still awesome, even if it's a little disorganized.

I love the idea of this novel! Keep up the good work!

VenomSyre BRONZE, Hudson, Wisconsin
1 article 1 photo 15 comments

Thanks! I'm working at getting the 6 & 7 chapters written up. I apologize for the disoganization of chapter one, I'm trying to fix it and it keeps failing everytime I repost.  v.v

on Apr. 28 2011 at 5:38 am
AbbyOliver6 BRONZE, New York, New York

This is awesome! Please add more!