Rose of Thorns | Teen Ink

Rose of Thorns

By DaylightDarkness SILVER, Littleton, Colorado
DaylightDarkness SILVER, Littleton, Colorado

Everyone's crazy. You know why? We all want to be normal. Well, we cant define normal, and, the people you can point at and say, well isn't he/she normal are rare. Doesnt that kind of defeat the pupose of normal? -My Friend

Summary:

Rose Kelledy couldn't be more surprised, or upset, when she receives a letter from the local Vampire Academy, White Rose- informing her that a vampiric prophet has Seen her, as a vampire. Now Rose is officially a Promise, one of the rare humans who is already, and always was, destined to become immortal. Only one problem, Rose may not exactly know what she wanted to do with her life- but becoming a vampire was certainly not a part of her plan. Especially not since her best friend's brother was taken in much the same way.

Not matter what Rose does though, she will have to go to White Rose someday, the vampires wont allow her to remain a threat to the human population for long.

But as it turns out, White Rose isn't really what Rose expected.

Rose isn't really what she expects anymore either... she can tell she's changing, but she hasn't even been bitten yet. Even the vampires don't know what Rose is- but they do know that she will be important. Already the powerful players of the vampiric world have their eyes on Rose. But Rose isn't willing to be another chess piece in their centuries old game of power.

Rhiannin B.

Rose of Thorns

on Jul. 4 2011 at 12:58 am

Thank you all so much for your feedback!

on Jun. 24 2011 at 7:53 pm
IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

* i mean break the paragraphs in chapter one.. just like in chapter two.

chapter two is good 

on Jun. 24 2011 at 7:49 pm
IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

I mean spliting the paragraph in chapter one into paragraphs.. Like you never pressed enter in chapter one.. just like your chaprter two which is good.
:D

on Jun. 24 2011 at 1:13 pm

As in making the first chapters shorter, or adding more paragraphs to each chapter by splitting the current existing paragraphs into several?

on Jun. 23 2011 at 9:25 pm
IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

there are few gramatical errors and i suggest that you cut the first chapters into paragraphs.. that's all.. i haven't read all the chapters...

mysticmamma said...
on Jun. 21 2011 at 6:48 pm
I don't like vampire stories but I really like this story.  I believe that it may do for vampires what "Harry Portter" did for witches and wizards. 

on Jun. 19 2011 at 7:27 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

I just read the first three chapters and I have to say you're off to a pretty good start.  There were only some minor grammatical errors.  The plot is pretty interesting, but I'm still waiting for a twist that will make this less cliche.  Good job, so far!

.Izzy. BRONZE said...
on May. 12 2011 at 6:42 pm
.Izzy. BRONZE, Broadview Heights, Ohio
I've just read the first chapter and so far it's really good. It seems as if ever since Twilight I've seen tons of vampire stories, so I'm really hoping for an interesting twist to make yours stand out.

on Apr. 25 2011 at 9:45 am
Mermaidmissy SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey your story is really good, and I liked it a whole lot. I hope you keep on writing some storys soon. Good Luck!!! :)

on Apr. 23 2011 at 6:14 pm

Chapters 1-3 are posted, Again, I'll post more when you ask for it since it takes the book off for a while.

eSquared said...
on Apr. 18 2011 at 10:46 pm
Next chapter please?

on Apr. 15 2011 at 5:00 pm
You already know I'm interested in the second chapter.

on Apr. 14 2011 at 9:01 pm

Please let me know if you are interested in a 2nd chapter, it's already written so i can post fairly quickly.