The Tetris

Author's note: I have an odd obsession with this sort of stuff. I've always wanted to be able to make and...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I have an odd obsession with this sort of stuff. I've always wanted to be able to make and control fire, and this just came to me when I couldn't fall asleep because of the humidity.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Prolouge

Everyone has heard of Spiderman, Batman, and the Fantastic Four. Many have heard of the X-Men. But there is one mutant that is rarely heard of, but more powerful than the whole X-Men league put together. She is invincible-She is the Tetris.

It was pitch black outside as a 15 year old girl crept over to her window. Her training sneakers floated in front of her face. She kept her green eyes locked on them, not even looking to see where she was going. With as little experience as herself, she absolutely had to keep focus. However, in not watching where she was going, she tripped over her backpack, which sat heavily on the ground. She began to fall, and her shoes fell as well. Not even realizing what she was doing, she froze the shoes where they were: two inches off the ground. With one hand outstretched towards her shoes, the other held her off the wooden floor. With one quick motion, she shoved herself away from the floor. She took a physical hold of the shoes and closed the remaining distance between herself and the window. As silently as she could, she opened the old window, and willed the shoes to the ground. She gathered her nerves together, and against her better judgment, she dared to teleport to the tree outside the window, just out of reach. However, she fell short of the branch, and she started to fall. She wasn’t concerned. She teleported back to the top of the tree.
She gave herself a crooked, satisfactory grin. Wiping the sweat off her brow, she took a shaky breath, then started climbing down the tree. Half inch razors erupted from her hands and feet, allowing her to easily climb the tree like a squirrel. She finally reached the end of the trunk and retracted her quills from the burly Maple.
“My powers are getting easier to use,” she thought to herself. “Still hard, but easier.” She snapped her fingers, and a small flame kindled from her palm. Her body rippled, then she was gone-well, from the human eye, anyway. She slipped on her sneakers, which also turned invisible, then ran to a nearby field.
“I like this new agenda when it comes to sneaking out,” she thought, recalling the misjudged distance from the window to the tree. “Having to teleport twice gives me more practice, plus, if I don’t go directly to the ground, I can climb down the tree with my razors,” she reasoned with herself. Not finding any faults with the new escape plan, she decided to do the same actions every night she snuck out. “Well, more along the lines of using as many powers as I can,” she added.
She stood still at the top of a slope, and a faint breeze crossed the moor, putting out the flame. Her long, dark brown hair dance in the wind. Then all was still. Her training had begun.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

suckerpunch234 said...
OMG! Great, This would be a great sequel I would totally read over and over again, you should lengthen it and totally send it to a publishing company...Great job!