World of Warcraft Chronicles Book One: A Hero's Beginning | Teen Ink

World of Warcraft Chronicles Book One: A Hero's Beginning

By ScottyBoy92 BRONZE, Jupiter, Florida
ScottyBoy92 BRONZE, Jupiter, Florida

This isn't exactly a first chapter; it's the prologue of the novel.

The hooded old man walked through the terrible blizzard that had hit Dun Morogh, Ironforge was finally in sight. He was holding a child, a new baby boy, which he struggled to keep warm in his brown cloak. The boy was just two years old, though the hooded old man held him like an infant, due to the boy being small for his age. As his feet sunk deep into the snow as he walked, he signaled to the Dwarf guards just outside the city, who quickly lunged to open the city’s front gates. The old man looked down at the child in his arms, who was shivering in the cold but fast asleep, and smiled, but then frowned remembering the terrible fate of his parents. As the man entered the gigantic metal Dwarf city of Ironforge, he swiftly started towards the orphanage, where young children, like the boy he was carrying, could find a happy, loving home.

Finally, the front porch of the orphanage was in sight, and the hooded old man in the brown cloak said his final goodbyes to the small child, gently placing him on the front doorstep of the orphanage, still sleeping peacefully, and the old man left.

It was several hours before the Dwarf couple opened the front door finally, extremely shocked to see the small human boy sleeping quietly on their front doorstep. They looked at each other, confused of what to do, and decided that they would raise the child as their own, them always wanting a child anyway.

Suddenly, the wife spotted a note hidden in the child’s blankets, which read,

Please care for this child.
His parents have both suffered horrible deaths and needs a loving home.
His name is Janacon.

and so the Dwarf couple took the boy up as their child, not knowing much about the child’s true origin, or his parentage.

Eight Years Later

It was a beautiful day in the city of Ironforge. You could hardly hear a sound except the hammers of Dwarves hard at work, forging steel weapons and armor. But not to far away, in The Commons, a group of young hunters in training play in excitement.

“Pay attention children!” called the children’s’ trainer, Thief Catcher Thunderbrew. All the children quieted down to listen to their mentor.

“Now, if you are going to become a master of war one day, such as myself, you must complete the first hunter exercise… taming a pet!” The children ooed in amazement.

“I want a bunny!” exclaimed Brooder, one of the young dwarfs in hunter training.

“Not that kind of pet!” said Thunderbrew angrily. “A hunting pet. One that’ll accompany you in battle one day and make your enemy’s fear you!” The children giggled and whispered excitedly.

“Well if I get a pet, it’s definitely going to be a Great Lava Spider.” said Toadem, one of the children.

“Oh, no, no, no!” said Thunderbrew in shock. “We will only be capturing creatures here in Dun Morogh.”

“Hmph.” said Toadem in disappointment. Meanwhile, while the other children dwarfs yelled and cheered in glee, 8-year old Janacon Firemug, (the only human in the group) watches from the shadows.

“I shouldn’t even be here.” Janacon thought to himself negatively. “I’m not even a natural born hunter.” even though that was true. (Janacon was once born from a young human family in Stormwind, but after the second war, his parents were murdered when was only two years old. He was immediately taken in to an orphanage and adopted by a happy dwarf couple in Ironforge, and has lived with them ever since.)

“Now,” began Thunderbrew. “This is how you will tame your animal.” The children listened very closely, “You will take this tame stick, target your creature, and when it sees you, wave it around in the air fiercely. It’ll run up to you and follow you around everywhere you go, believing you are its master.” The children once again, let out another talking session. “Now,” interrupted Thunderbrew raising his voice a little to stop the talking. “Let us go!” Thunderbrew then lead a single file line, with Janacon, as usual, at the back of the line. When Bremen (Janacon’s closesest dwarf friend) saw him at the end he quickly hurried off to accompany his friend,

“Don’t worry” Bremen began. “If you keep your hopes up, maybe you will catch an animal!”

“Yeah, right.” said Janacon kicking a brew mug just as they were marching through the Gates of Ironforge. “My kind isn’t even supposed to learn huntery.”

“Well….alright…but you might catch something.” said Bremen returning to the middle of the line. “Alright children!” announced Thunderbrew.

“Here we are! The hunting animals live around this area! First up will be Brooder! And remember Brooder….NO BUNNIES!!!” Thunderbrew shouted.

“Ok, ok….sheesh.” Brooder muttered to himself. Brooder looked around for a target animal. He finally spotted a nearby wolf eating meat. Brooder slowly walked up to the creature, made sure it could see him, and waved the tame stick around three times. The wolf let out a yelp and quickly jumped to Brooder’s side. He successfully walked back to the group, with the wolf at his side. Thunderbrew applauded.

“Very good Brooder! Alright! Who’s next?” Thunderbrew asked. Next came Bremen, then another dwarf, then another, until everyone had successfully captured an animal, all except for Janacon, of course.

“Janacon!” Thunderbrew exclaimed. “You’re up!” Janacon got up and let out a sigh.

“Well, here goes nothing.” He walked over to Thunderbrew and took the stick. He tried to pick an animal, but none seemed “cool” to him.

“Remember,” Thunderbrew reminded “pick your pet wisely. As I said before, this pet will hunt for you; accompany you in battle, and many other things.” But Janacon couldn’t decide. Luckily, a bear approached about twenty feet away, which he had hoped. Janacon then made his move; he quietly and calmly approached the bear and waved his stick around in the air many times. It didn’t work. He was sure the bear could see him. The bear would just not come. He waved his stick around again, this time longer. Still nothing. Janacon was sweating. He was sure everyone was laughing at him, except for Bremen at least.

“Come on.” said Janacon calmly. The Bear looked up at Janacon in a puzzled way. “I said come on.” Janacon repeated this time a little louder. It again looked at Janacon, this time it seemed it was a bit annoyed. It didn’t do anything put the grass it was eating in its mouth, turned around the other direction, and continued eating. This time he really did hear everyone laughing, all of the children, even Thunderbrew was laughing, all except for Bremen. Janacon felt hot tears pouring down his face. He couldn’t help it. He was being humiliated. Bremen couldn’t take it ether. He glanced at everyone, feeling as if he was also going to cry. He pressed his lips together, holding back the tears and finally:

“STOP!” He blurted out. “HE’S A HUMAN! HUMAN’S DON’T EVEN SERVE TO LEARN HUNTERY! IF YOU WERE A HUMAN, THIS IS HOW YOU’RE CREATURE WOULD REACT ALSO!!!” Bremen had yelled so loud, his voice echoed throughout all of Coldridge Valley. Everyone was dead silent. The only sound that could be heard was Bremen panting for breath. It was so loud; the bear had run off, during Bremen’s short lechsure.

“Well” said Thunderbrew, breaking the few awkward moments of silence. “I guess Bremen was correct, humans do not usually serve as hunters. So…back to Ironforge with our new pets, well… most of us.” Thunderbrew lead a single file line of silent dwarf children.

“Thanks for sticking up for me.” Janacon finally whispered to Bremen.

“No problem.” Bremen whispered back. “I couldn’t let them just laugh at you.” Bremen continued. “Think of how much they could make fun of you, I had to do SOMETHING.”

When they finally reached the Military Warden in Ironforge, the children were laughing and showing of their new creatures, all except for Janacon and Bremen.

“Don’t feel bad.” said Bremen sitting next to his friend. Janacon sighed. Just then a large shadow clouded over them. The two looked up quickly and saw it was non other then Toadom (also known as the group bully)

“Well, well, well,” Toadem began looking down at them with an evil grin. “If it isn’t the human boy that can’t hunt.” mocked Toadom. Boogerdeem (Toadom’s friend) burst out laughing.

“Yeah,” began Boogerdeem. “I bet he can’t even catch a fly!” The two laughed so hard they fell over. Then it happened. Janacon’s eyes and mind were raging with anger. He got up, and took a swing at Toadem’s chubby, laughing face, just as he was getting up. He was hit so hard by Janacon he fell over again, and rolled a few feet! Boogerdeem gasped in appalled amazement as he watched his friend scramble to his feet. When Toadem got up he was furious.

“Ohh, boy.” Bremen thought rolling his eyes. Toadem let out a battle-cry, and pummeled Janacon head-first on to the floor, jumped on him, and the two wrestled like you-know-what. Finally, after several dreadful moments of fighting, the two were then jerked away by a strong, fierce, warrior-like arm. They soon found out that the arm was from Theif Thunderbrew himself.

“What’s going on here?!” He barked angrily. Janacon and Toadem faced each other, and then turned back to face Thunderbrew. “Well?” He said impatiently. Janacon and Toadem tried to speak, but all it came out was the two yelling and shrieking sentences at the same time. “ENOUGH!” Thunderbrew boomed. Janacon and Toadem slowly got silent. “Now, after you two’s little wrestling match. I am putting you both in federal detention for one week.” They both moaned.

“What?!” They protested at the same time.
“Starting tomorrow!” They moaned louder. Thunderbrew turned to everyone else. “Class! You are all dismissed!” Yays filled the air as Janacon mournfully walked back to Bremen and his new pet boar, Edwin.

“Detention, for one whole week!” He cried to Bremen as they began to head towards their apartments.

“It won’t be that bad.” said Bremen as usual to cheer him up. “A week will go by like that. Besides, it was that idiot Toadem who started it.” Janacon smiled secretly. Calling Toadem an idiot did make him feel a little better.

Finally, when Janacon reached home he slowly creaked through the door.

“Betty! Barkerman!” he said calling his orphan parents. “I’m home!”

“I’m in the kitchen deary!” called Betty, Janacon’s orphan mother. “I’m making your favorite! Deep fried Boar stew!”

“Yes!” Janacon cried to himself. “At least one thing goes right for me today!”

“What was that, hon?” Betty called.

“Oh, nothing.” Janacon replied.

“Ok, well go wash up for supper, your father is out hunting the boar!”

“Ok!” Janacon headed to the kitchen to wash up. He set the table hoping his parents wouldn’t find out about his little “incident” that day. Half an hour later, Barkerman, Janacon’s orphan father, came in with a body of a boar tied to a pole.

“I’ve got takeout!” he said happily.

“Oh, great! Just in time for the meat to go in!” said Betty. By the time Barkerman had washed up, the meal was finished, and the family was sitting down to eat. Everyone was chomping down the stew.

“So, Janacon honey.” Betty began. “How was training today?”

“Miserable,” Janacon said in discustment. Betty and Barkerman exchanged looks.

“Well. What happened?” Betty replied puzzled.

“Today, Toadem attacked me for no reason and got us detention for a week!”

“WHAT?!” shouted Betty and Barkerman, getting up at the same time.

“Yes.” Janacon said calmly. His parents looked at each other again and then sat down. They’re a moment of silent eating. Finally, Barkerman broke the silence.

“Well…” He began. “I guess you two get what you deserve.” The rest of supper was dead silent. Only the sound was the sound of forks and knives cutting could be heard. Finally, Janacon was done eating and was washing his plates. He was then tucked into bed by his orphan mother and soon went to sleep. He thought he heard people talking outside his door while he was asleep, but he was too tired to check. Thirty minutes later there was a knock on his door. He got up and opened the door.

“Mr. Thunderbrew!” Janacon said in surprise.

“Come along, boy. We have something to tell you.” Janacon’s mother, father, and Thunderbrew walked down to the kitchen. When they got down Thunderbrew motioned him to sit.

“I’m planning on putting you in the Academy.”

“What?!” Janacon and his mother cried.

“That’s what you didn’t tell us?!” His mother said angrily.

“Your right,” Thunderbrew said ignoring Betty. “Your destiny is to become not a hunter….but a paladin.”

“But what about my detention?” Janacon cried, still having trouble catching on to what was happening.

“Canceled.”

“YES!!!” Janacon thought to himself.

“You’re one of my best students. Your first class begins next week.”

“W-W-W?” stampered Janacon’s mother absolutely puzzled.

“He’ll be glad to!” said Barkerman, happily finishing his wife’s sentence.

“Excellent!” Thunderbrew said happily. “Now, I apologize for disturbing you at this hour, and leave you to the rest of your sleep.” Concluded Thunderbrew, and he walked out of the family’s home. The family turned around and headed back to their beds. Janacon looked at Betty’s expression on her face, and saw it was filled with horror and confusion mixed together, like she had no idea what just happened. Janacon walked back into his room and tucked himself back into bed.

“Well,” he thought to himself. “I guess my whole life will transform in just one week.” He thought about what lurked ahead of him and slowly went back to sleep.

Six years have passed; Janacon is now 14 and has successfully graduated from the Academy as an apprentice paladin. He was at a ceremony were they choose the finalist apprentices that proceeded onto the war with their masters. Janacon and the other apprentices were sitting in the auditorium.

“Aheam,” Thunderbrew said about to began his speech with about five hundred other masters sitting in a large line of chairs backed up to the wall behind him.
“I will now announce the following students who will proceed onto the war with their masters.” The crowd of students applauded and cheered until Thunderbrew motioned for silence. Then he continued, “To began, I will call the name of the student, announce the name of their master, and they will receive their certificate. Those students who do not proceed onto the war will serve another six years in the Academy and will hope to proceed then.”

“Oh no,” Janacon thought himself. “I can’t take another six years in the academy, I just can’t!” Finally, the auditorium got silent again and the ceremony started. For almost three hours, Thunderbrew went on and on with tons of students still on the list.

“Alright,” Janacon thought in defeat, “I’m not getting in.” Finally, when all hope was lost, he thought he heard his name being called. His face slowly went up and he stared at Thunderbrew. Thunderbrew looked back at him and grinned,

“Janacon Firemug.” Thunderbrew repeated. “Your master is me.” Janacon jerked himself up and walked up the steps with a big smile on his face. “These are the students who are proceeding on to the war.” Thunderbrew said as a roar of applause began to fill the auditorium. All of the students turned to the crowd and took a bow.

“I can’t believe it.” Janacon thought. “I actually passed!” he looked up at Thunderbrew to see him smiling at him, he smiled back.

Several months later, Thunderbrew, his group of Dwarf apprentices, and his one human apprentice, Janacon, were all gathered around a campfire at their base camp.

“Now my students.” began Thunderbrew standing on top of a log. “This is our plan. We will get on our mounts, run to the cursed city of Orgrimmar and kill all the ugly Orcs that stand in our way, take all their valuables and gold and take as much hostages as we can, and leave the city in rubble! Gentlemen, we leave at dawn!”

“HOORAY!” shouted all of the apprentices and Janacon, raising their beer in the air and taking a drink. Then they started singing old war songs all night long.

Finally, it was dawn. The men were already on their rams’ and Janacon was on a donkey named Billy. Nearly five hundred dwarves on rams all lead by Thunderbrew at the end of a cliff. Then, on his signal they let out the warrior’s battle cry, guaranteed to make any fierce creature cower in fear. Then, they charged off the cliff onto the battlefield towards Orgrimmar. Finally, once they approached the city, Orc guards started shrieking commands in Orcish and the doors to the city quickly, but steadily closed. Moments later, fifty dwarves showed up with a fifty foot long log, ready to break open the doors.

“HIT!” cried a Dwarf in the front as the dwarves swung the log into the door, which put a slight dent in the doors. “Now, AGAIN!” cried the dwarf as the log once again swung into the door, making the doors very close to tipping. “ONE MORE TIME!” ordered the dwarf one last time, with the log swinging into the doors harder than ever, as the doors burst open. The dwarves charged in on their mounts, while the Orgrimmar guards charged towards them. Thunderbrew fought his way through the city, through the guards, all the way to Orgrimmar Palace, in the center of the city. The doors of the palace burst open as a pack of rams lead by Thunderbrew charged in, with Janacon trailing far behind.

“HOW DARE YOU ATTACK MY BELOVED CITY!” cried the mighty warcheif: Thrall.

“SAVAGES’ LIKE YOU DESERVE TO DIE!” Thunderbrew cried back, and swung his battleaxe at the chief, who easily deflected it. Just then, Janacon walked in, whom apparently missed all the action, turned to notice a beautiful Orc princess huddled in a corner. The look in her eyes described fear and hatred. Janacon thought quickly for he did not wish for this beautiful girl to be killed. Janacon quietly and calmly walked up to the girl, trying to make her think he did not mean any harm.

“Don’t worry.” He whispered in her ear. “I’m not going to hurt you.” He then quickly grabbed her wrist and yanked her up on her feet. “THUNDERBREW!” Janacon yelled, calling his master. “I HAVE A CAPTIVE!”
Thunderbrew turned his head,

“GREAT SON!” called back Thunderbrew, who was in the middle of a fight with an orc guard. “GUARDS!” Thunderbrew called as about three dwarves came and helped Janacon grab the girl and drag here into a cage, which will be pulled by a ram.

“Don’t worry.” Janacon said to the princess as the cage was about to be pulled away. “You won’t be harmed, I promise.” and the cage was pulled away. Janacon, still locking eyes with the girl, noticed that she smiled at him. He also thought she mouthed the words: “Thank-You.” at him. Then, Janacon heard Thunderbrew yell

“RETREAT!!!” and saw all of the hunters climb on there rams and storm out of the kingdom. Janacon quickly located Billy and charged out, with Orgrimmar setting in flames behind him.

That night, all of the hunters and Janacon gathered for a celebration. But Janacon couldn’t celebrate; his mind was racing with the thoughts about that girl. “Who was she?” he wondered. “Was she the daughter of Thrall?” His mind wondered until interrupted by Thunderbrew, who was completely hung over.

“JANACON, MY BOY!” he squeaked, letting out a hysterical laugh. “HERE! HERE! HAVE A DRINK!” Janacon let out a small chuckle and a fake smile.

“No thank-you, sir.” He replied, pushing away the beer mug.

“OH COME ON!” Thunderbrew cried. “IT”S MY SECRET RECIPE!”

“Oh all right.” said Janacon, taking a small sip. “Oh yes, master, I forgot to ask you.”

“YES?!” Thunderbrew said, face burning red.

“May I visit the prisoner visiting center tomorrow?”

“SURE, SURE! JUST DON’T LET ANY OUT!” Thunderbrew said, laughing hysterically at his own joke, Janacon laughed too, fakely. He said goodnight to his master and went to his tent, while the other dwarves partied the rest of the night, Janacon thought more of the girl, but then drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, Janacon was up bright and early, he wanted to go tell Thunderbrew he was leaving, but then thought of how sick he must’ve felt. So, he climbed onto Billy, and scurried off to the prisoner visiting center. When he arrived he searched nearly every cell, until he finally found her: the princess. Janacon approached her cell calmly and slowly. When the girl saw him, she backed against the wall, huddled into a ball, and shivered.

“Don’t worry.” Janacon replied “I’m here to help you. Do you speak Common?” he asked. The girl made a nervous nod.

“Good. My name is Janacon. Janacon Firemug. And you are?” The girl lifted her head from the ball.

“Elesia.” she whispered.

“Wow, great name!” he said. Then the visiting center guard walked in.

“Solider! You have five minutes until visiting hours are over!” Janacon moaned.

“Alright, I’ll be back here tomorrow, and I promise; you will get out of here.” Then Janacon got up and left.

When he returned back to his camp, Thunderbrew was waiting for him, with a bag of ice on his head.

“Janacon!” he called. “King Varian will be arriving momentarily.” He said, queasy. “I am announcing you as my best warrior, so you must look your best.” He said. In a matter of minutes a boat arrived and the dwarves were all lined up, including Janacon. A plank fell down onto the dock, and King Varian Wrynn, surrounded by four guards around him, stepped off the boat onto the dock and the King observed all the soldiers, and then stopped at Janacon.

“Ah, Janacon Firemug I presume?” the King asked.

“Yes sir.” Janacon replied.

“Yes, Thunderbrew has told me all about you through his letters. You are a very well trained soldier so I hear.”

“Oh, I am sir.” Janacon responded.

“Very good. Now, I have a very special assignment for you…the mighty warcheif of the Horde: Thrall.”

“Thrall….” Janacon thought. Then thoughts started racing through his mind. “Was he the father of that girl?” Was one of them. Then he realized that the King was still talking, and immediately started listening.

“…it is time for Thrall’s life to come to an end.” Janacon’s eyes widened. He couldn’t kill the father of that beautiful princess, if he did then the girl would forever have a specific fear for him. “Kill Thrall and you will be rewarded greatly, and be promoted to High General of the Azeroth Army.” Everyone gasped.

“High General!” Janacon thought. “That’s the highest rank there is!”

“This is the most important mission of your career, soldier. Are you up to it?” Janacon thought for a minute and finally answered,

“I’ll do it.”

“Good. Now don’t let me down.” And the King turned around with his guards, stepped onto the boat and it sailed off.

“What am I going to do now?” he thought, then turned around and went into his tent.

The next day, Janacon sneaked away to the prison hold, where the princess was. When he arrived, the princess was in the same cell, same place, this time Janacon had retrieved the keys. He ran up and quickly unlocked the cell door, the princess was very shocked.
“Come with me, come with me and you’ll be free.” he said unlocking the princess’s hand cuffs.

“W-why do you help me?” The princess asked nervously.

“You’re very beautiful.” Janacon said, smiling. “Now, Elesia wasn’t it?” The girl nodded. “Good, now quickly!” He said.

“HEY!” said the visiting center guard, who suddenly appeared behind them, standing in the doorway. “No letting out the prisoners without authorized permission!” Janacon thought for a moment, then quickly karate-chopped the back of the guard’s head, knocking him out completely.

“Quickly!” Janacon said, grabbing Elesia’s arm and running out of the visiting center, jumping onto a horse and riding as far away as possible.

Meanwhile, back in the severely damaged but not destroyed Orgrimmar, Thrall was talking to his right-hand man, Garrosh Hellscream in his throne room.

“What do you mean they couldn’t find my daughter?!” Thrall exclaimed in frustration.

“I am deeply sorry, sir.” said an Orgrimmar grunt. “We searched everywhere for her.”

“Very well,” Thrall replied. “Dismissed.” and the guard turned around and left the throne room.

“I say we send a sneak attack on that blasted dwarf camp!” Garrosh Hellscream exclaimed.

“Yes…” Thrall said. “We’ll do the damage they did to our city to them, and we shall leave no survivors on our exit.” Then the two leaders started discussing battle plans.

Where Janacon took Elesia was a beautiful mountain valley in a field of blooming flowers. They stayed there the whole rest of the day and discussed about them, what they like and dislike, they’re favorite hobbies, and their professions if they had one.

“Well Elesia…” Janacon began. Both of them sitting, staring at the sunset. “I hope this wonderful day never ends!” Elesia bowed her head in disappointment.

“My father, Thrall…” she began.

“So she is the daughter of Thrall!” Janacon thought.

“…he will come and slay you and the dwarves when he hears of our relationship.” Then she got up suddenly, fear in her eyes. “Oh no!” she said, very quietly.

“What?!” Janacon said, getting up. Elesia pointed, very shaky, at a small camp in the distance, smoke raising from it…with right next to it a fleet of tanks heading in the distance of the camp. “Oh no!” Janacon said, running and jumping on his horse. “I have to go, my camp is in danger!”

“I’m coming with you!” Elesia shouted.

“No! If you come with me they’ll kill you!” Then he took off. He turned his head around and looked around as he got further and further away. “Return to Orgrimmar!” he yelled. “Stay hidden, and out of the sight of any dwarves OR orcs!” Elesia nodded and turned around, starting to run in the direction of the city. Then Janacon turned around, and sped off towards his camp.

The attack on the dwarf camp was long and surprising. Thunderbrew had been in bed, resting, for his killer headache was strong and priests were treating him, they gave him some sort of liquid that smelled like the bottom of a Taurens behind. He drifted off to sleep, dreaming that he had the ability to not get drunk, and went to the bar and had all the beer they had.

Meanwhile, the dwarf in the watchtower, Angus Vigilbrew, was watching the lands, nothing to be seen but a herd of wild Kodo. Then it happened, he was watching the perimeter, when a large fleet of strange moving objects, about the size of Kodo, and looked like them too, suddenly appeared of the horizon, moving fast, coming straight towards the camp. “What ARE those… things?!” He thought. Then he rang the emergency bell. “All soldiers and generals brace for surprise attack!” He shouted. Then, everyone panicked, they grabbed their weapons and shields, took orders from their masters, and made a bonfire, an SOS to any other Alliance camps in the area. Then, the strongest warriors and their hunting pets lined up at the entrance, bracing for the attack. One of the soldiers was ordered to wake Thunderbrew, which he was NOT fond of doing, but he did.

“Thunderbrew, sir!” the soldier said, saluting when he entered the tent.

“Ugh…Ohh….w-what?” Thunderbrew said, sleepily and angry.

“Sorry to disturb your slumber sir!”

Thunderbrew groaned.

“But the camp is being under attack!”

“What?!” Thunderbrew said, jumping out of bed, grabbing his battleaxe and running outside.

Meanwhile, with the fleet of tanks speeding towards the dwarf camp, on the tank in the very front, Thrall, with Garrosh Hellscream at his side, stand on the bow of the tank. They watched as the camp grew closer and closer.

“Soon…” Thrall said, quietly, the look on his face described pure rage and determine, but at the same time, patience. “Soon, they will pay the price they did to the mighty orcs of Orgrimmar!”

Garrosh chuckled evilly, “Yes, yes! Tonight we dine in hell!” he laughed. Then, they drew their weapons as the camp grew closer then 30 yards away.

Thunderbrew was standing at the front of the camp, along with the powerful soldiers and their pets, getting ready to instruct them when they the strange-kodo shaped tanks finally stopped and its riders finally revealed themselves. Then the tanks were nearly 20 feet away.

“Men!” Thunderbrew instructed. “Draw your weapons and ready your animals!” The warriors did so. Thunderbrew, sweating, was ready to attack when the tanks came closer, 15 feet, 10 feet, and finally they came to a stop right in front of them. Everyone was dead silent. Nobody moved a single muscle. Even the wind and the environment were still. As if it knew what was happening. It seemed as if time itself had stopped.

Finally, Thrall, with Garrosh Hellscream behind him, came onto the bow of the tank in the front of the fleet, which had about five hundred of the tanks total in the fleet. Everyone was silent, Thunderbrew looked very angry, sweat dripped down his face, and he tightened his grip on his battleaxe. Finally, Thrall spoke, breaking the dreadful few minutes of silence.

“Hello, dwarf invaders of Orgrimmar.” He began. “We mean you no harm, we just wish to locate my daughter, Elesia, and we’ll be on our way. If you try to interfere you will be executed.” He hoped down from the tank and walked up to Thunderbrew and looked him in the eye. “Have you seen my daughter, Thunderbrew?” Thunderbrew was furious, he was about to draw his axe, and slice off that demonic orc’s head right of his body. But, he resisted. Thrall blew a very loud horn, and suddenly Orgrimmar grunts started pouring out of the tanks, coming into the camp, searching through all the tents, under beds, in closets, etc. Until they reported nothing was found. Thrall was furious. He walked up to Thunderbrew again. “Where IS my daughter?!” Thunderbrew couldn’t stand the hatred any longer, he grabbed his axe, and tried to swing it into the orc, but he deflected it with his axe, and horrifyingly blew a horn, and all the orc grunts began to attack the dwarf hunters.

When Janacon arrived, the sight was truly horrible, the tanks where gone, the watch tower had been knocked down and destroyed, and the whole campsite was in flames. Janacon’s feelings were unexplainable, a mixture of anger, fear, amazement, shock, and appallment. There were people there along with guards from Stormwind putting out the fire. “Are there any survivors?” He asked one guard.

“We don’t know.” He replied, and continued putting out the fire. He hopped down from his horse, and ran into the campsite.

“THUNDERBREW!” he yelled, hoping to hear a response from his master. No answer. He called again. “Thunderbrew! Can you hear me?!” He yelled. Still no answer. He turned and ran into his master’s tent. There he lied. A priest was healing a large, deep cut in his chest. A cut from an axe.

“Master!” He said, running to his bedside.

“Hello, boy.” Thunderbrew replied.

“What happened here? Who were those attackers? Those strange tanks?”

“The Orcs.” Thunderbrew replied.

“I knew it!” Janacon said, frustrated.

“It was lead by Thrall.” Said Thunderbrew

“What does he want?” Janacon asked.

Thunderbrew hesitated, “His daughter, Elesia I think it was.” Janacon’s face filled with fear. He knew this would come, and he knew this would happen sooner or later.

Janacon didn’t even say good-bye to his master, he just ran out of the camp, and jumped right on the horse he stole from the visiting center, and charged away, forcing the horse to go as fast as it’s hooves took them. He soon arrived in the place he told Elesia to meet him, in the beautiful mountain meadow they had been before. She wasn’t there. Janacon was extremely worried. He called her name multiple times.

“Elesia!” No answer. Janacon’s heart was pounding. He had no idea if Thrall had gotten her.

Elesia was horrified, she had turned around to run back to Orgrimmar, when the strangest thing happened, the exact same tanks, well, looked just like them, which were heading straight towards the dwarf camp came into the meadow and charged at her, she didn’t know what to do, to run or stay, to go with them or fight them. So she decided to stand there. Finally, the tanks stopped, forming a giant circle around her. Then, the drivers of the tanks climbed out to reveal themselves. They wore long tape-like pieces of flat rope, almost like toilet-paper, that covered most of there face’s and head’s except for their mouths. They also wore sun-glass-like glass over their eyes, to protect them from the sun.

Elesia stared at them all, nervously, especially one that gave her a creepy chuckle and wide grin, revealing rotted, fake, and gold and silver teeth throughout his entire mouth. Elesia gagged. One that seemed to be their leader, a large male Tauren, without the paper over his face, but paper over his head, almost like a hat, finally spoke.

“You will come with us?” he asked. Elesia, disgusted, responded,

“Um, I rather not.” The Tauren frowned,

“The Sand-Raiders of the Barrens don’t like no for an answer!” He gave a signal, and suddenly, all of the ‘Sand-Raiders’ threw ropes into the air, covering up Elesia. She squirmed to break free of the net, but there was no use. The Raiders pulled out more rope, ran towards Elesia, and knotted the top of the net securely shut. Then they grabbed the captured Elesia and threw her onto the back of one of the tanks, then, they got into their tanks, and drove off.

Thrall felt betrayed. He ambushed the dwarf camp, like they planned, but there was no sign of his daughter.

“If those blasted dwarves don’t have my daughter,” Thrall exclaimed. He was in the war room, discussing battle plans with the other leaders of the Horde. “Then a new enemy may have come to our attention!”

Garrosh Hellscream spoke up, “They may have traded her to those goblins in Booty Bay as a slave!”

“No…” Thrall began. “It was the Sand-Raiders of the Barrens. They were known to have female slaves, and to be back-stabbing traitors. They gave us our battle supplies, they kidnap my daughter.”

Garrosh Hellscream spoke again, “So, what do we do? Do we attack them or sneak in and steal her back?” Thrall thought for a moment, and then he came up with a plan.

“Since they gave us their tanks, we will pretend we’re one of them and sneak ourselves in, once in there, we will spring out as a surprise attack, and get my daughter back!” The Horde leaders all agreed on the operation, and they started to discuss plans on their attack.

Janacon’s heart was filled with rage and fear at the same time. He knew the Orcs took Elesia, and he was determined to find her and bring those orcs to justice. Especially Thrall, who he deeply wanted to send that Orc away as a prisoner, but not to kill him. He hopped on his horse once again and rode off towards Orgrimmar, determined to get her back through words, not through force. His horse stopped when he reached the entrance to Orgrimmar, the orc guards seized their axes and charged towards him, but Janacon dropped his weapon at their feet, showing he meant no harm.

“Where is Thrall?” he demanded at one of the guards.

“Why we tell you?” the Orc said. Janacon’s eyes widened in anger and he made a tight fist, but hesitated,

“Bring me to Thrall, and if I attack him, I swear on my own grave, you can slaughter me right there, on the spot.” The Orc thought a moment, then gestured for him to follow, leading him to Thrall’s throne room. When they finally arrived, everyone gasped at Janacon when he entered, but the guards told their fellow guards to resist killing him, and they did so. Thrall walked over to Janacon,

“What do you want, human?” Janacon give him a sharp look into the eyes, they were nose to nose. Finally, Janacon said,

“Where is she?” Thrall chuckled to himself,

“My dear boy, who are you talking about?” Janacon tried to control his anger,

“Don’t play dumb with me Thrall; it’s your own daughter.” Everyone gasped, and Thrall became as mad as Janacon was,

“You tell me.”

Janacon tried the best he could to keep in his rage, which was very difficult,

“I just want to talk to her, please.” Thrall became furious,

“If my daughter WAS here, I wouldn’t let a human savage, like you lay a finger on her skin.” Janacon fell silent, angry look on his face, same with Thrall. He was examining his eyes, trying to see if he was lying or telling the truth.
Thirty seconds went by, and then Janacon, breaking the silence, said:

“You don’t have her.” and stormed out of the room. Thrall was as shocked as everyone else in there.

Janacon returned to the meadow determined to find Elesia’s kidnappers. He searched all across the ground until he found a clue, a strange shark tooth necklace. Janacon looked on the back to see mysterious carvings and symbols on the back. He didn’t need to translate them; he has seen the carvings before. They belonged to the Sand-Raiders of the Barrens. Janacon was enraged with anger. Once when he was younger, he’d seen a distinct group of foreign member’s of the Sand-Raiders raiding Kharanos (The Sand-Raiders of the Barrens are a very large chain of heartless criminals, spreading across all of Azeroth in small gangs, raiding local, small villages and towns in the area they are in. But their main headquarters and settling place is the Barrens) When he was there, the Sand-Raiders killed everyone in the village and took their valuables. Luckily, Janacon managed to escape with his life from the village, but swore vengeance upon them for killing all those innocent people. Janacon took the necklace and put it into his bag. He was determined to get Elesia back, who knows what they could do to her? He got on his horse, and rode off to the Sand-Raiders’ base camp, not knowing, that soon Thrall would be heading to the camp also.

The two lookouts in the watchtower at the base of the Sand-Raiders of the Barrens didn’t expect an attack from their own men. He just saw a small group of their own Kodo-Tanks ride in, not seeming to want any trouble. Until they were in the base, a few men went to the tanks to greet them, until they surprisingly were pulled inside the tanks, and humans were thrown out, stripped naked, and unconscious.

A few men dressed like them jumped out of the tank, and rode off to the Master of the Sand-Raiders palace. Before they entered, a few palace guards blocked their entrance.

“Only officials of the Master may enter.” The guard said. The leader of the group of tank riders spoke,

“We are messengers.” The leader of the group said. “We have a message for the Master. Let us in.” The guard exchanged looks with the guard across the doorway and then spoke,

“You look surprisingly like an Orc, messenger…” He said suspiciously. The leader of the ‘messengers’ looked at the messenger next to him. Then the one next to him began to whisper to him,

“He’s on to us, Thrall.”

Thrall whispered back, “I know Garrosh, I have a plan.” Then Thrall said his plan aloud to the guards,

“The Master has ordered us to deliver this message or else anyone stopping us would be executed.” The two guards stared at each other nervously, and then they looked back at them,

“Alright, follow us.”

The guards lead the group of ‘messengers’ into the palace through a huge ball room, with granite floors, and marble ceilings. Through the ball room they saw many female’s of all race’s sweeping the floor, dusting the stone pillars, and mopping the walls.

“Strange…” Thrall thought. The guards led them into the next room that was twice as beautiful as the ball room, mountains of gold and treasure on either sides of the carpet walkway leading to a throne made of actual gold bars. On top of the throne sat a Tauren.

“Chief Valdeen, we bring you messengers.” One of the two guards said.

“Messengers? Very well, you dismissed now.” The Tauren called Chief Valdeen said, dismissing the guards. When the two guards left, Thrall spoke,

“We have been ordered to check your slaves for mistreatment.” Chief Valdeen was shocked for a moment, and then spoke,

“All of the females are on duty at the moment; all I have now is the sacrifice.” He snapped his fingers, and a cage was lowered, inside the cage was…Elesia. Thrall immediately ripped off his disguise and drew his battleaxe.

“Release my daughter! And why is she a ‘sacrifice’?” Chief Valdeen was shocked at Thrall being a fake messenger, but then chuckled,

“You fool.” He sneered. “We must always have a sacrifice to please the Shadow Master; otherwise he would not gift us with these treasures we steal from our victims.” Thrall and Garrosh, along with the other messengers who were really orc grunts were shocked.
“In fact, it’s time for the feeding right now.” He chuckled, than a loud, earsplitting roar could be heard throughout the palace.

Following the roar, many strange things began to happen. All the shadows in the room slowly slithered off the wall, and across the floor, and when all the shadows were gathered into one they formed a giant blob of shadow.

Surprisingly, the blob had two red, evil eyes and one wide, ghoulish grin. Thrall, Garrosh, and the other orcs were horrified. But suddenly and slowly, the blob of shadows slowly shrank.

It shrank and shrank until it became a strange, human-like form. Except this wasn’t any ordinary human-form, it was a hooded human-like figure wearing a black hood that went down his back and a few centimeters behind him. The hood went over his head and where the spot his face should have been, all Thrall could see was darkness.

On his body was black, darkish plate armor with a big skull on his belt, the armor also had gold outlines throughout the entire suit. He also had small black flames slowly rising off of him.

“Ah, Master, you’ve come right on time, as always.” Chief Valdeen said with a grin.

“Yes.” The dark figure known as “The Shadow Master” said in a dark voice mixed with that of a human’s and a demon’s combined. “Now, where is my vessel?” The Master said, patiently but not kindly.

“The Vessel,” Chief Valdeen said, still smiling. “She is right here, my Lord.” and surprisingly pointed to Elesia, who was absolutely horrified. The Shadow Master slowly walked towards Elesia’s cage, leaving footprints of black fire where he walked.

He approached Elesia’s cage, and slowly and calmly walked around it three times, observing her.

“Hmm…yes.” he finally said. “Yes, a very fine vessel indeed.” Then, Thrall, who could not stand his daughter being taken by that…that thing, broke the silence and charged forward.

“Hold on there!” He barked. “What is this? You leave my daughter alone!” The Master stopped observing Elesia and looked at the group of orcs.

“Ah, Valdeen,” he said, walking away from Elesia and towards the Orcs.

“You didn’t tell me you brought more…food.” At that moment, all of the orcs felt a chill down their spines. Thrall, trying to hide the fear, in his voice and appearance, spoke.

“Release my daughter you…you….what are you anyway?” The Shadow Master made a small chuckle, and then spoke,

“I am The Shadow Master, representative of the Lich King, Lord of the Scourge, and the King of Darkness and Evil.” Once again, a chill was sent throughout the room.

“If you don’t release her, then…then…then we’ll kill you!” Garrosh Hellscream said nervously.

“Kill? Me? Don’t make me laugh!” The Master said laughing a laugh so twisted it made the orcs fall to the floor, cowering and whimpering in fear.

“Oh, mighty Titans,” Thrall thought. “Please send a hero to save us…”

Janacon approached the camp several yards away, on a small hill in the distance, still mounted. He saw a few guards gathered in the middle of the camp in the distance, appearing to be chatting. The good thing was, however, the watchtower guards were talking too; they must’ve been on break.

Janacon approached the camp as quietly as he could but still tried to hurry. Luckily he found a nearby tree covered by branches and bushes that were good for hiding, for the guards couldn’t see what was behind them from their distance.

On his horse, he walked over to the tree and then jumped off its back. He took a small rope and tied the horse’s body to the tree, behind the bushes where the guards couldn’t see it.

“Stay here, boy.” He told it. “I’ll be back soon.” and took off towards the camp. He slowly pecked his head around the corner into the camp to see the group of guards talking, luckily though; they were so caught up in their conversation, Janacon just snuck by them, to a large palace near the back of the camp. When he got close enough to the camp, he saw it was heavily guarded. He saw a palace guard standing by the door and slowly stalked towards it.

He snuck up behind it, and smacked the back of its head hard, knocking him out completely. He dragged the body behind a bush and stripped off its uniform, putting it on himself. He walked out of the bushes, casually, and walked into the palace. When he entered the palace, it was a magnificent sight.

A gigantic ball room one hundred and fifty feet tall, and about two-hundred feet wide. The floors were made of fine granite, and the ceilings were made of expensive marble, with stone pillars that went all the way to the tall ceiling.

The strange thing was, though, that had many women in the huge room doing chores, such as cleaning the walls or the floors. Beautiful women they were though, women of all races, Humans, Orcs, Blood Elves, Draenei etc, all doing chores.

He wanted to try and rescue one, but then he stopped himself. He knew he already had Elesia to save, and so he continued walking. He kept walking until he heard a tremendous roar, almost like a lion’s, but it more likely sounded like some sort of unknown creature, some sort of hellish demon-like creature.

All at once, Janacon became very frightened, but continued walking. When he finally approached the next door he walked into a throne room. And a throne room it was! Mountains of gold and treasure so large and bright it blinded him, there were so many it surrounded the red carpet that led to a large throne made of pieces of solid gold. When he saw the throne though, he was extremely shocked.

There sat Thrall and Garrosh Hellscream huddled with a few other orcs in a big pile, cowering in fear. There sat a Tauren on the throne, grinning at them, and a terrible chill, making the room freezing cold. He also spotted a strange human-like figure, wearing a black cape that went down to his ankles, wearing a hood on his head, darkish plate armor with golden outlines, and the strangest thing was: where his face should have been, all Janacon saw was darkness, no eyes, no nothing, just darkness.

Then Janacon noticed a cage holding a girl in it…until he realized it wasn’t an ordinary girl, it was Elesia! He quickly ripped off his disguise, jumped forward and shouted

“Elesia! Let her go you fiends!” The dark figure turned to him and said,

“Oh look, more food.” Garrosh Hellscream, who was huddled in the small pile of frightened orcs, turned and saw him, shouting,

“Thrall! Look! It’s that cursed human boy!” Thrall turned his head towards Janacon, and became immediately enraged with fury. He jumped to his feet, drew his battleaxe, and shouted,
“The boy?! Here?! He’s come for Elesia! I won’t let you get your poisoned little hands on her, scoundrel!” Janacon heard this, turned towards Thrall, and became just as furious, drawing his weapons saying,

“If you want my blood, come get some!” and the two charged at each other, but just before they could slice each other into the next world, a powerful force stopped them.

“Silence!” The Shadow Master hissed, sending the biggest chill yet throughout the room, making everyone shiver slightly. “Now,” he said when the whole room was dead silent. “I have come here for one reason and one reason only.” He said, pointing to Elesia. “This girl is my vessel.” he said.

“So that’s why they had so many girls out there!” Janacon thought. “They were going through all of them until The Shadow Master could find the perfect girl to possess!”

“Right you are, boy.” The Master said surprisingly. Everyone was shocked.

“Is he reading my thoughts?!” Janacon thought again.

“Quite.” The Master said. “Now, if you excuse me, I have a vessel to posses.” he said, laughing as his body seemed to be sucked right into Elesia’s chest. But before he could fully possess her and get inside her, Janacon and Thrall both leapt towards the cage as fast as they could, at the same time.

“No!” They both shouted, but it was too late, Elesia screamed in pain, fell over on all fours, head down, and groaned. She was like that for about two minutes, when finally, she raised her head, except she didn’t look quite normal. Her eyes were glowing red.

Janacon and Thrall both backed away, mortified. Finally, Elesia spoke, but not in her own voice, it was The Shadow Master’s voice.

“Ah, yes, a very fine vessel indeed.” The Master said, smiling and chuckling. But then, Janacon had had it. He charged forward, and whacked The Shadow Master away with his sword, which sent The Master hurtling back. Then he made a very loud growl, and shouted,

“Valdeen, get them!” Then Chief Valdeen hoped down from his throne and ran towards Thrall and Janacon, who Janacon sent flying backwards with his sword. When Chief Valdeen fell to the ground, he crawled across the floor to a palace guard, seized his arm, and dragged him into the fight; Janacon stabbed the guard with his sword, making him fall to the ground, dead. This action made all the other guards back away and stay away from them, frightened. Meanwhile, The Shadow Master (in Elesia’s body) was furious.

“Valdeen,” He boomed. “The Lich King does not like delays, and nor do I!”

“I apologize, my Lord!” Valdeen said, frightened to see what was going to happen next.
“You can apologize when all of your treasures are ripped away and you are cursed to be a Forsaken for all eternity!” Then, The Shadow Master ripped himself out of Elesia, who immediately fell to the ground, unconscious.

“I will return!” The Master shouted when he was out. “And you will all be sentenced to slow, painful deaths!” Then he disappeared into thin air, making shadows explode from where he was standing, and shooting back to the spots they were in before he arrived.

Janacon and Thrall both ran to Elesia’s cage, yanked open the door, and ran over to her, except right when Janacon was about to run over to her, and help her up, an axe fell in front of him. Janacon looked and saw the axe belonged to Thrall, who had been blocking his way,

“I believe we have some unfinished business to take care of.” He growled. Janacon drew his sword,

“If you wish to play like that, then fine. Let’s go.” Right when the battle between the two was going to start, Elesia stepped between them, now fully awake.

“Father,” She shouted, turning to Thrall. “We have had too much of a day to think about violence! Can’t we just put our differences aside for one day? Today is not the day for a battle, father!” Thrall and Janacon stared each other down for a moment, and then Thrall began to speak,

“She is right, today is not the day, but mark my words, boy; the next time we meet will be the day.”

“Agreed.” Janacon replied, and Thrall, Janacon, and Elesia walked out of the cage. Of course Elesia walked away with Thrall, but secretly whispered to Janacon:

“I will try to sneak out, and if I do, I’ll meet you in the meadow this evening.” And rushed off to Thrall before he noticed she was speaking to him. Janacon walked out of the palace to find that it was deserted,

“Perhaps the guards got frightened and ran off.” Janacon thought. Then he exited the camp, mounted on his horse, and stormed away, heading back to the dwarf camp, where Thunderbrew would be waiting. “Thunderbrew…” Janacon thought. “He’s going to be worried sick! I haven’t seen him in days!” then continued riding forward.

When Janacon returned to the camp, a soldier stopped him from entering,

“Janacon Firemug?” he asked.

“Yes, that’s me.” Janacon replied.

“Chief Thunderbrew is looking everywhere for you!” he said. “He’s furious because he says you have been gone for days, and he needs to discuss battle plans with you!”

“Right.” Janacon said, riding inside. He jumped off his horse, and ran into Thunderbrew’s tent. Thunderbrew was talking with another dwarf, but then immediately stopped talking to him and started talking to Janacon,

“Janacon!” He said, greeting him, but in an angry tone. “Where have you been, boy? We need to discuss battle operations and you need to finish the mission King Varian assigned you, very soon!”

“Oh no…” Janacon thought. “I can’t kill Thrall now.” But instead he said out loud,
“Yes, yes master.” He said. “I will complete the task tonight.”

“Very good.” He replied. “By the way, master” Janacon began.

“Hmm?” Thunderbrew asked.

“The reason I was gone for so long was because I was saving Ele… I mean a fellow soldier who was captured.” Thunderbrew patted Janacon on the back,

“That’s my boy!” he said, laughing.

“But that’s not it.” Janacon said. “The people who kidnapped….him…. were a gang of thugs called The Sand-Raiders of the Barrens.” Thunderbrew stood up,

“The Sand-Raiders?!” he growled.

“Yes.” Janacon said. “They seemed to trade…him… as a ‘sacrifice’ to some man… or thing… called ‘The Shadow Master’.” Thunderbrew stood, frozen. His eyes widened with fear at the saying of the name. He was silent for a minute, and then finally choked out:

“N….N…Never say that name, boy.” Janacon was puzzled.

“Why, master?” Thunderbrew barked,

“Just don’t!” he continued. “That thing is pure evil! How did he even connect with the Sand-Raiders?!” Janacon stampered,

“I…I don’t know. They seem to be making some sort of ‘deals’ by trading ‘sacrifices’ for treasure.” Thunderbrew, still angry, spoke,

“That thing holds dark secrets, boy. Secrets you would regret knowing…” Janacon looked to the horizon to see the sun setting; he knew it was time to meet Elesia.

“If you would excuse me master, I have to…train with a fellow soldier!”

“Hmm…” Thunderbrew said, suspiciously.

“Thank-you, master! Janacon said, hoping on his horse’s saddle and riding off. But what Janacon didn’t know was that Thunderbrew was a bit too suspicious, and began to follow Janacon to the meadow.

“Did that savage human touch you?” Thrall asked his daughter Elesia when they returned to Orgrimmar. Elesia sighed,

“No, father.” She said, irritated.

“Good.” he said. “Now, tonight in the kingdom there will be a celebration, celebrating your safe return. There will be plenty of strong, handsome, Orc soldiers for you to marry.” He said, raising his eyebrows up and down and grinning.

“Oh, father!” Elesia said in a fake voice that signified she thought it was funny.

“….I already have a man.” She whispered to herself, looking at the sun-setting on the horizon.

“Hmm?” he asked.

“Oh, nothing.” She responded, innocently. Thrall shot her a suspicious look. Then she remembered Janacon,

“Oh, yes, father! I am sorry but I must leave now.”

“Why?” Thrall asked. “You’ve just returned! And the party is tonight!”

“I’m sorry!” She said, and stormed out of the city, running to meet Janacon.

“Hmm, that’s not like her.” Thrall thought. Then, secretly, he began to follow Elesia to wherever she was headed to.

Janacon approached the meadow when the sun was moments from setting. He sat there, staring at the sunset when finally Elesia came running towards him,

“I’m sorry I’m late!” she said. “My father was a pain to get rid of.”

“So was Thunderbrew.” Janacon said, smiling. Elesia shot a smirk back. Then, they both burst into laughter. Finally, when the laughter stopped, Janacon looked in her eyes. Elesia looked into his. They closed their eyes, feeling a moment of magical wonder, as if time itself had stopped, right at the moment when the sun was nearly a second before setting. They closed their eyes, and leaned forward, their lips about to meet, with the sun setting.

Suddenly, interrupting the moment of magic, they heard Thrall’s voice,

“Elesia!” he shouted, running up behind them, but keeping his distance, about ten feet behind them. “What are you doing?! Get away from that pale-fleshed demon!” They immediately shot open their eyes, and Elesia turned around to see a furious Thrall.

“F-Father?!” Elesia squeaked, nervously. Then, they heard a second voice,

“Janacon!” Janacon recognized the voice and his face turned white with horror. He jerked his head around to see Thunderbrew running towards them, he stopped about ten feet away from them, like Thrall, who was behind Elesia, and Thunderbrew was behind Janacon. “Get away from that carnivorous monster! What do you think you’re doing?!”

“T-Thunderbrew!” Janacon said, nervously. Thrall shouted to Janacon,

“I told you there would be a battle next time we met! Come get some!” Thunderbrew, as angry as Thrall, shouted at him,

“You aren’t going to lay a finger on him, Thrall, your blood is mine!”

“Thunderbrew?!” Thrall said. “It’s very bold of your apprentice to do what he is doing.” Elesia spoke up, trying to bring peace between the two,

“Please, we must think about what you are doing!”

“Quiet, Elesia!” Thrall barked at her, which made her jump.

“We have some business we must take care of!” Then Janacon spoke,

“Please, gentlemen, let’s not take this further than it needs to go!”

“Quiet, boy!” Thunderbrew shouted at him. Thrall continued the argument,

“Come Thunderbrew, let us finish this!”

“With pleasure!” Thunderbrew agreed, and then to Janacon’s and Elesia’s horror, the two charged towards each other, wielding their weapons. Janacon closed his eyes, wishing there was a way to end this madness, then he shot his eyes open, because the battle cry’s from the two warriors’s suddenly stopped. When he opened his eyes, there was a huge wall of light blocking the two from attacking each other,

“Did I do that?!” Janacon thought. He thought it would be foolish to act confused out loud, so he went along. “It probably was a paladin trick I learned.” he thought.
Finally, Thunderbrew spoke,

“I guess that the Titans do not agree for a battle this evening.” he said.

“Then we will honor their choices.” Thrall agreed. “But the next time we meet, you or your apprentice, whether the Titan’s have approval or not, there WILL be a battle!” Then Elesia ran after Thrall, who was walking a little too fast, stormed away along with him. Janacon then followed Thunderbrew who was also striding from the area, and they walked their separate ways, walking into the night sky, for the sun had set while the whole situation was occurring.

Thunderbrew was exploding with questions when he and Janacon returned to the camp. “So that’s why you were gone for so long!” he shouted. “You were off with that little demon of a female!” Janacon tried to argue back,

“Sir, she’s not like what you think!” But Thunderbrew wouldn’t budge,

“The Orcs would’ve killed you if they saw you with her! Why? Because they’re all heartless demons with no empathy for mortal life!”

“That’s not true, sir!” Janacon shouted, going nose-to-nose with Thunderbrew. Thunderbrew said nothing but stare at Janacon blankly, take a deep breath, and then spoke again,

“Look, let’s cut to the chase, if I see you with that Orc girl one more time, I’ll have you banished from Ironforge forever.” Janacon’s eyes widened, he couldn’t imagine being banished from the city where he was raised forever. But at the same time, another part of him said to stay with Elesia, that love is greater than anything and he doesn’t need Ironforge and the dwarves to have a good life, just her.

That night, Janacon tossed and turned in his tent, his mind racing with thoughts. Should he stay with Elesia? Should he betray her and never see her again, and go ahead and kill Thrall?

“No, no….” Janacon thought. But if he didn’t, what would Thunderbrew say? Would he really banish him from Ironforge? But most importantly, if he did get banished, what would his parents think? Janacon, very stressed out and restless, tossed and turned for about another hour until he finally got to sleep. Except, his dreams weren’t pleasant. They were nightmares.

The nightmare was in Ironforge, the entire city was in flames. People were running around screaming, except they were being chased by minions of the Lich King, Janacon looked at himself to see that he was in the body of himself when he was child. He was running, and was sweating, his heart pounding with fear. He looked back to see the Lich King himself chasing him.
“There is no escape!” he shouted. Janacon turned and hurried into an alley, trying to get away, where at the end of it, he saw his worst nightmare. Elesia, Betty, Barkerman, and Thunderbrew where all huddled together at a dead end of the alley and were completely surrounded by Scourge who were closing in on them. Janacon tried to yell at them to get away, but when he did, no sound came out of his mouth. The four stayed huddled together, and when the Scourge were only about a foot away from them, The Shadow Master came to the front of the small group of Scourge.

What he did made Janacon have almost a mental breakdown; The Shadow Master sent black rays out of his hands that turned into hands, they reached inside of the four…and take out their shadows. Directly afterwards, the four fell to the ground, unconscious. The Master gave a signal, and all the Scourge started eating away at their corpses.

Janacon tried to scream, he screamed mindlessly until his throat hurt, except no sound came out. Janacon turned and to his horror he saw the Lich King, the Shadow Master, and all of the Scourge army slowly close in on him.

“You’re next…” The Lich King said. Then the Master raised his hand, and black rays shot out of his hand shooting right towards him, and then, the entire world went black.

Janacon closed his eyes, and realized he was dreaming, which made him relieved, he opened his eyes again and sat up in his tent, his heart was pounding, he was drenched in sweat, and he was shivering. Janacon did not forget the dream and didn’t sleep for the rest of the night.

The same thing that happened to Janacon on that fateful night when Janacon and Elesia were caught together happened to Elesia. Thrall was shouting at Elesia from inside their palace in Orgrimmar, throwing questions at her, and he wouldn’t even let her answer them,

“How could you disrespect your own race by being caught with that savage?!” Thrall shouted,

“Not only do you disrespect the entire Orc race, your people, and me, but also yourself.”

Elesia argued back,

“Father, please! He’s not like the others, he has….a heart.”

“Rubbish!” Thrall shouted at her. “All humans are evil! He was probably plotting to kill you anyway!”

“No, father, he isn’t like that! And why are you shouting at me like this?! When you were a slave, you had a human lover, also!” Thrall’s face suddenly went blank; he stared at Elesia for a moment, as if having a flashback.

“That was different then this situation.” He finally said. Thrall shook his head and snapped out of his daze. “Anyways,” He said quickly and with aggression, like he was before. “You cannot continue seeing this boy-

“But father!” Elesia interrupted.

“SILENCE!” Thrall boomed. “If you see this boy, just one more time, you can no longer remain Princess of Orgrimmar.” Then he stormed off. Elesia, with her jaw hanging open and her eyes filled with shock and hurt, buried her face in her pillow on her bed, and began to sob quietly, without knowing, that her father, Thrall, was hiding right around the corner to her room, listening to her.

“Oh, Taretha.” He thought, looking at a photo of him and the human girl that freed him from slavery, Taretha Foxton. “What am I going to do?” Then he put the photo back into his bag, and silently walked to his bedroom.

Janacon got up the next morning and had decided that he didn’t need Thunderbrew, his orphan parents, or Ironforge to have a good life, just Elesia. So, he made a strategy that would get Elesia to be with him. The strategy was he would dress up like a messenger and travel to Orgrimmar in the evening, and pretend that he had a message for Elesia, once they were alone, he would tell Elesia it was him, and they would go to the meadow at the dead of night, for he had heard from the other soldiers conversations that Thunderbrew and Thrall both had spies around the meadow area, and would catch them and return them to Thunderbrew and Thrall.

He reviewed his plan and put it into action that evening. He wore a brown cloth hood over his head so he would look like a messenger and rode off to Orgrimmar. When he approached the front gates of the city, he jumped off his horse and bowed to the guard,

“I bring messages to Thrall, please, let me in your city.” The Orc guard studied him for a moment, observing him suspiciously. Finally, he agreed,

“Since that human boy is after Princess Elesia, we have our eyes on you.” Janacon tried to make the friendliness smile and spoke,

“Gentleman, I mean no harm. I do not have a clue who this ‘Princess Elesia’ is.” Then he bowed again, and got back on his horse and slowly walked in. The Orc guard shouted in Orcish to the other guards, who shouted to more. He entered Thrall’s palace, going through the same procedure with the guards, and went up to Elesia’s bedroom. He knocked on her door and Elesia answered the door, and she looked exhausted, as if she spent the night crying herself to sleep,

“Yes?” She said, sleepy and angry. Janacon smirked at her,

“I’m her to deliver a message to a very beautiful girl.” Elesia’s face lit up,

“Janacon?!” Janacon chuckled,

“The one and only!” Elesia ran to him and gave him a huge bear-hug,

“I thought Thunderbrew would keep you locked in the camp till the day you die!”

“I realized something,” Janacon said, looking at her,

“Thunderbrew would banish me from Ironforge if he caught me seeing you again, but then I realized our love is more important than Ironforge…or Orgrimmar.” Elesia smiled,

“You’re right, but my father or his Grunts will kill you if they see you, how can we remain unseen?”

“In the meadow…” Janacon explained. “…Thrall and Thunderbrew will have spies, but if we go late at night, the spies will be gone by then, that will be our time to go to the meadow.”

“But the Grunts,” Elesia said. “The Orc Grunts that guard the city will see us.”

“Not unless I hide in a cargo tank that just happens to pass through the meadow!” Janacon smirked.

“Oh, Janacon!” Elesia said, hugging him. Janacon continued,

“And you stay here until this evening so no one suspects what will happen.” Elesia nodded,

“I will.” Then they said their goodbyes, and Janacon rushed into the city to find the tank that was passing through their meadow, sneaked into the cargo hold, and lay their until evening, where Elesia would come later on.

Minutes passed…then more minutes…and more minutes…the hours passed, and Janacon laid there, in the back of the tank, not a care in the world. But for some reason, Janacon experienced a strange peace when he was in the back of the cargo tank, laying alone, in the darkness, he felt as if he was floating in the middle of space, feeling as if no one could disturb him. But finally, to Janacon’s surprise, the trunk of the tank suddenly burst open, blinding him with the evening sun. It was Elesia.

“What took you so long?” Janacon moaned.

“You said during the evening, I came as quickly as I could.” Elesia explained. “Now, hurry up and give me some room, we’ll be departing soon.” Elesia climbed in and shut the trunk, they heard the driver climb into the driver’s seat and the loud engine start, as they started moving, and Janacon opened the trunk again slightly, so they could see where they were going.

They slowly exited the city, and Janacon was right, by the time they entered the meadow, it was near the middle of the night. The tank slowed down, so the driver could watch for animal crossing, and he nudged Elesia so she would pay attention,

“Ready?” Janacon whispered. Elesia nodded, Janacon grabbed her hand, and they both leapt out of the moving tank, landing on the soft grass. Elesia got up, dusting her dress off,

“Not my idea for a nice landing.” she said. Janacon grabbed her by the hand,

“Come on, they have a hammock I put up, so we can watch the stars!” and he dragged her to it. The rest of the night, the two lay in Janacon’s hammock together, watching the stars. Elesia had already fallen asleep, and Janacon was about to…if he hadn’t heard a strange rustling noise coming from the tall grass. He got up and picked up his sword, slowly walking to the grass. Then it happened.

Janacon was about to open the grass to see who or what was in there, when a Dwarf soldier and Orc grunt jumped out of the grass and each seized one of his arms.

“Hey, let go!” Janacon shouted, loud enough to wake Elesia, who was then attacked by two Orc grunts. “Help!” she screamed.

“You can let them go, soldiers!” A familiar voice to both of them said. They looked to where the voice was coming from, in the tall grass, when Thunderbrew and Thrall both walked out of the grass; the voice had been Thrall’s.

“Thrall?! Thunderbrew?!” Janacon and Elesia shouted.

“That’s right, boy.” Thunderbrew said, grinning at both of them. Thrall glared at Elesia,

“My daughter, you disappoint your people like this?!”

“Father, I-

“Ah!” Thrall interrupted, holding up his hand, and then gesturing for the guards to cover her mouth. Thunderbrew turned to Janacon,

“I gave you a chance, Jan, now you’re paying the consequences.”

“Do what you want, Thunderbrew! A few goons won’t tear us apart!” Then, surprisingly, the driver of the tank walked up, and Thunderbrew handed him a few gold coins,

“See? We knew about your plan all along. Take them away, boys.” Then, to his horror, he was loaded in the trunk of another tank, while he saw Elesia being loaded onto another. Tears were pouring down her face,

“Janacon!” she cried. “Elesia!” he cried back. Then, a goon slammed the trunk door, sending him into darkness again. He didn’t know what to do, where he was going, or if he would ever see Elesia again. He lay there, and felt tears pour down his face. He didn’t do anything but let himself sob himself to sleep.

Janacon was awoken by a loud tapping noise on the tank, how long had he been asleep? Suddenly, the trunk was opened by a Dwarf guard. Sunlight blinded Janacon and when his eyes finally adjusted, he was in Ironforge! Thunderbrew walked up from the group of guards and grinned at him,

“Welcome home, Janny.” And he signaled the guards to grab him by his arms, and jerk him out of the trunk. By the looks of it, he had been asleep for days…or weeks.

“This way, please.” A guard said, and the two guards, still holding his arms, escorted him to a cell, and the guards threw him in. Thunderbrew closed the door and locked it,

“This is where you’ll be staying until your banishment ceremony.” Then they walked away. “Enjoy!” he shouted as they were walking. Janacon sat there frozen,

“I can’t believe this is happening.” He said, then turned over, and surprisingly fell asleep again.

The ceremony was short. Janacon had to stand next the Lord of Ironforge, King Magni Bronzebeard, while he gave a long speech. Janacon looked in the audience to see his parents, Betty and Barkerman, except Betty had her face buried in Barkerman's shoulders, sobbing. He looked Barkerman in the eye, who was giving him a cold glare. Janacon looked down, ashamed. Finally when the ceremony was over, he was escorted out of the city, and gave one final goodbye to his parents.

“Look...” he said. Barkerman, as if reading his mind, interrupted him,

“Say no more. You can’t be sorry…not in a situation like this.” Betty didn’t even say anything, but continue sobbing in Barkerman’s shoulder.

Then, Janacon Firemug, with his head down, turned and walked into the sunset, away from his life, family, and home.

Fourteen years have passed; Janacon Firemug, now 28, has been living a happy, new life, with his new, beautiful Orc wife, Elesia, the Ex-Princess of Orgrimmar, and their new log cabin, that Janacon had built himself in the meadow they loved to meet in when they were younger. But they are not alone yet, Elesia, who was pregnant with a new baby, were expecting his or her birth in about a year. Elesia, who was banished from Orgrimmar, like Janacon was from Ironforge, had their wedding secret, in the meadow. Until one night, that same magic that they experienced when they were kids happened except this time stronger. Janacon has occupied the job of being a lumber-jack to support them, and every now and then, he would here an evil voice in his head, whispering things like:

“The end is near…”

“Join me, and you shall be spared…” and whenever he sees people the voice would whisper things like:

“Kill them all! Kill them all, Janacon!” and then chant:

“Kill them all! Kill them all! KILL THEM ALL!” But this would happen very rarely…but not differently. As for Betty, Barkerman, Thunderbrew, Thrall, and the rest of Orgrimmar and Ironforge, days went by, and eventually everyone got over it. But the war between the Horde and Alliance still raged on… All of Azeroth following normal routines and procedures, typical days passing by…not knowing, that an even greater evil was slowly rising…