Wings

Anita K.
Wings
Summary: Aer Aliyesta is one of the elusive fairy race, and she holds the rare black wings which wing Hunters have only heard myths about, yet which bring her shame from her own race.
War is breaking out in the Underground world between the Fairy Protection Alliance and the Hunter's Guild over a law that Parliament will soon revoke in the Hunters' favor. Desperate to keep the peace, Aer is forcefully made to sign a deal with Sylvande - one of the haughtiest, self-centered, and mysterious lords of the Underground world - to be the temporary ambassador of the Fairies, who have never before had a representative.
But what are Sylvande's ulterior motives to having Aer as ambassador? Why doesn't he desire her black wings, said to be the most powerful of their kind? And what links their mysterious pasts, and who is the familiar man haunting Aer's dreams?

littleleaf said...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 11:26 am:
great story loved the plot

sparklylittlereddevilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 9, 2011 at 7:25 pm :
Thank you! I'm trying to write more...but alas, with about twenty other books I want to write it isn't going very far.

Aelita said...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 4:03 am:
I read a little bit more.  I liked it.  I liked the dialogue, and would like for there to be more of it.

Aelita said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 10:37 pm:
I got to the first paragraph or two, and would like to make a suggestion.  I was always taught that your first paragraph should draw the reader into the story.  The prosaic description didn't work very well, in my opinion.  Rather than telliing the reader about the character, show them.  Dhoe dialogue.  Sometimes that beginning of the story description is inevitable, but try to avoid it whenever posible.  That's just my opinion, however, and you are welcome to disagree.

Mar. 15, 2011 at 11:10 pm :

Thanks tonz! I'll keep that in mind.

Personally I thought the beginning was kind of boring, too. Hm...must consider revision.

Aelita replied...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 8:39 pm :

Great story, it shows tons of creativity and originality!  You just created a whole nother world!  great work!  Will you please read and review some of my work?

Hey, could you please explain to me how this novel submission thing works?  Do you submit the whole thing, or only part of it?

Mar. 16, 2011 at 10:34 pm :

omg, Thanks! That's so encouraging!! (TvT)

You post stories chapter by chapter. If you're logged in, you'll see a 'Submit my work' button at the upper right next to 'Logout' and 'See my stuff'. Next you need to choose the kind of genre, and afterwards you have to fill out things like explanation or cover art. It might take a while...ehe.

After you finish, you can go back to your profile ('see my stuff') and click the 'My work' tab. From there you can add new work to your story f... (more »)

Aelita replied...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 12:05 am :
Thanks, maybe I'll put some of my old work up one day.

yo123 said...
Mar. 15, 2011 at 9:34 am:
really confusing story line but good plot and details