Post Mortem

Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »

How it started

My whole life was set before me when I was born. My eyes of the darkest green set my fate. I had no choice. I have no free will. I must live my life by the book, if there is one for my life. And if I had the choice, I wouldn't change a thing.

My name is Post Mortem. I know, my parents must have had some sense of humor. I would have asked them about it, if I had ever met them. When I was 3 months old, they were killed by what would come to be known as a Marauder, A shadow with a mind of its own. The more powerful the creature the shadow came from, the more powerful the Marauder. It so happens that this particular Marauder came from an ex-CIA agent who had lived down the street. No one knows why the Marauder chose my parents house to attack, or why it left me alone. All we know is that I was found by the P.C.S.I.C. two days later half starved with my dead mom’s arms still wrapped around me, and the Marauder patrolling, as if on guard, around the house.

After they ran some tests and uncovered some of my “Natural Talents” I was sent to Arcbalm’s Training Academy for the Intellectually Gifted. I was 3. When I was 12, I graduated from Arcbalm’s with a full college degree. It wasn’t an earned degree though. I was pushed through a crash-course of the fundamentals and most of my school years were spent on the Study of the Supernatural.

At age 17, I was officially employed by the Government as a CIA operative. But in reality, I had been working for the P.C.S.I.C., or Paranormal Crime Scene Investigators and Containers, for five years. I was still in training. At age twenty, I was assigned a task force. We were Squad 403. There were 12 active Squads, Squads 127, 638, 545, 253, 332, 443, 404, 12, 67, 403, 221, and 394. After a Squad was completely wiped out, it was not reformed, but a new one was formed. When I joined Squad 403, there were 8 members. Dan Marshall was the Captain, John Forner the Field Supervisor, Victoria (or Vicky) Tracker field agent one, Gary was, and still is, the Gear Man, or as you might call him, the Computer Guy. Luke was field agent two, Markus Field agent four, and Daniela and I were the trainees, coming in to take the place of Field agent three and Lab tech.

Daniela was 19, a year younger then me, but much better off then me. She had the talent, the patience, and the looks for the job. I, on the other hand, excelled in combat, tracking, undercover work, and everything to do with the field. But I had no patience. It was soon clear that it would be a long time before I was ready for the field.

At age 23, I assumed the position of field agent two. Vicky had died of Radiation poisoning and Luke took her place. We took on a new trainee named Rudolf Thatcher. He quickly took the position of field agent four, and we had a full team once more. In May of that year were the Discount Murders.
Chapters:   1 2 3 Next »