Double Identity

By , Miami, FL
Author's note: This is a story that I first began writing in the sixth grade, and then scrapped. I picked it up...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This is a story that I first began writing in the sixth grade, and then scrapped. I picked it up again over the summer, but have been too busy to really continue it much. The title is tentative, and I plan to finish it at some point. The original idea has morphed into something much bigger and longer, but I hope that I am able to complete the story and turn it into the adventure that has played out so many times in my head.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

Prologue

Many years ago, when the land of Navonia had just been born, five witches and warlocks got together and created the Stone of Linx, the most potent force in the world. This Stone, when in the correct hands, would blaze extraordinary colors, which predicted the future. The Stone would also give its master wondrous powers of the five main skills: Fire, Mind, Earth, Air, and Water. When in the hands of a villain, the Stone would elicit magic too foul to speak of.
The Stone of Linx had been passed down and shared between the descendants of the five Creators, to safeguard it from misuse. But, peace could not be maintained forever, for, after hearing about the Stone’s powers, many outside rulers wanted the Stone in their own hands, and began breaching the borders of Navonia in attempts to steal the Stone. It was sometime during this warring period that the fifth generation descendants forged a fake Stone, giving the real Stone to a powerful Linx witch, descended from the teacher of the five original creators, allowing her to develop all five abilities at once. Using the five skills to their fullest power, the witch was considered extremely dangerous, vanquishing all enemies, and restoring the faith of the Navonian people, who afterwards crowned her as the first Navonian Queen. The Stone was then passed down among the eldest daughters of the royal line, who usually placed the Stone in the care of a trusted witch or warlock, and only consulted its powers when absolutely necessary.
Navonian Queens of Linx origin were not alone in inheriting a share of the Stone’s power. Descendants of the Stone’s five original creators often exhibited extraordinary talents within a particular skill, discovering their talents during stressful, tense, or difficult situations and becoming known as the Children of the Stone all across Navonia. The Queen would almost always keep these Children as her royal advisors after they manifested their powers, entrusting them with guarding the Stone and many royal secrets, only turning away those Children she deemed unfit to handle the Stone’s magic because of their own desire for power. It was soon discovered, however, that the extra powers of a Child of the Stone were not passed down to every member of a family, and tended to skip generations before appearing in a family line again. And since many family lines mixed together because of marriage, it quickly became impossible to predict who would become a Child of the Stone.
Many of the Navonian people spoke of a great darkness consuming the thirteenth Queen of Navonia. However, some elder citizens were well aware of the presence of a second prophecy. Upon the creation of the Stone, the Water and Fire warlocks each had had different visions of the Stone’s future, thus entwining both predictions into the Stone’s deep magic. The believers of each prophecy constantly clashed, with brief warring periods alternating with times of peace during Navonia’s history. None of their fights were ever large enough to become full-fledged civil wars, but there were a few dangerous battles during which lives were lost, causing many of Navonia’s citizens to take refuge in distant lands. Over time, the Water warlock’s prophecy fell into obscurity, with a majority of the population believing in the downfall of the thirteenth Queen- especially with times growing bleaker and the dark day fast approaching. Still, a hopeful handful of people believed in the power of the Water warlock, and refused to follow the precautions set by the rest of society. Not one of these heretics knew exactly what the original prophecy was, yet prayed it foretold a better future for Navonia. For on the surface of the stone was carved one word in the now-unspoken Old Speech: mera, meaning five.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 19 comments. Post your own now!

MyEgo said...
I love it! I wish there was a way I can save it and keep undated.

wicked13 said...
Oct. 28, 2011 at 8:36 am
why cant i add this to my favorites lol

Simple_Minds said...
That's really good and I like how you changed points of view. It will be a very interesting book please write more.

nikiterzz replied...
Thank you for  your comment! I really appreciate all feedback. I'm in the process of writing more that I will hopefully post soon! 

leah1027 said...
This book was amazing! It's so creative and intrigueing. Please write more chapters! I am a little confused about chapter 2 though... Could you explain that? I also love that you used the name Leah because that's my name. :)

nikiterzz replied...
Chapter 2 was also an introductory chapter. The real world characters (most of them, at least) are important and will come back in later chapters :)

Ashley_Tucker said...
THIS IS SO SO SOOOO GOOD!  I can't wait till this gets published! (: Although I'm having a hard time understanding chapter 3... I don't see how it fits, but I love everything else. I'd say post more, but if I were you I wouldn't. Someone else could steal it. Just get it published already!!! hahaha (: Read my novel Shaya's Story please! I only have one chapter up, but in the next coming chapters you'll find the plot is surprisingly similar to yours (: Great minds think a... (more »)

HO SU MAKI KI NU AH said...
I love it!

Let it Marinate said...
This is the beginning of a future bestseller

Chew the Fat said...
There is nothing to chew in this story because it is pure perfection :)

Kevin G said...
I am so impressed with your talent!!!

Sheep Sleep said...
This story shows true talent. Keep up the good work!

ROARRRRRR said...
In a million years from now, this story will be remembered in textbooks along with the dinosaurs

Conjoined Twins said...

I wish I was as talented as my conjoined twin <3

great story

Quick As Pie said...
I love everything about this. Good job!

Hurricane Hazel said...
Whoever wrote this is going to be an author one day :)

Earl Smith said...
This is the best story I ever read!

John Smith said...
AMAZING! EVERYONE READ THIS!!

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

Normally the more words an author makes up, the worse the quality is, but this was definitely not the case! Great job!

Please check out my novel SuperNOVA in the novels section and leave your thoughts on it. Thanks.