Santa's murder mystery

Author's note: I LOVE to write plays that are hilarious. This play is not only unpredictable but it is funny at the same time.
Author's note: I LOVE to write plays that are hilarious. This play is not only unpredictable but it is funny at the same time.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14 Next »

Act 1-Scene 1

Act 1-Scene 1:
(Santa is on stage with Vixen and Donder)

Santa: Thank you Vixen and Donner. It looks like we’ve had another successful Christmas. In fact, I think we may have done it a little quicker this year!

Donner: (chuckling) Oh Santa, everyone knows we get quicker every year.

Vixen: Except for the year Prancer broke his leg. Was it Christmas of 1969?

Donner: No I think your getting mixed up with Christmas of 1972. Remember when Comet tried hibernating? He was so stuffed up with Thanksgiving mashed potatoes that we couldn’t even get him off the ground.

Santa: None the less, I always have a blast every year! But I’m afraid I’m getting a bit old for this job. Retirement may come my way any minute.
(Buddy, Bucky, and Nurse walk on stage)

Buddy: Joey, the cook, thought you could use some of this. (hands Santa a cookie and a glass of milk)

Nurse: I’m pretty sure Santa has had plenty of cookies today. Almost every child in the world bakes cookies for Santa.

Bucky: Actually, the reindeer get most of the sweets before Santa can get to them.

Santa: Very true. Besides, Father Christmas can always use another cookie from the cook. I’m thinking that I should take up hibernating.

Nurse: Go ahead and knock yourself out, old man. It’s a good thing you’re not allergic to gluten, but he has been having problems with bronchitis.

Santa: Nothing my super immune, immune system can’t handle.

Vixen: (unsure) OK, but let’s just hope you don’t have a severe cough attack. That’s the last thing you need.

Donner: I agree. But what’s the problem with a cookie.

Nurse: And don’t forget the milk! It’s two in the morning. Us elves and reindeer need to get to bed. We are going to start working on toys early in the morning.

Vixen: And us reindeer need to train the new incoming rookies. If any reindeer gets sick, we could always use one of the amateurs.

Santa: Goodnight! (Buddy, Nurse, Vixen, and Donner walk off stage. Santa takes a bite of his cookie and a sip of his milk. He coughs dramatically and collapses to the floor. Nurse, Bucky and Buddy walk on stage)

Nurse: Buddy what did you do?!

Buddy: Hey! It wasn’t me. (grabs Santa’s arm) He has no pulse!

Nurse: (calls off stage) Doctor, are you awake? It’s an emergency! (Doctor Alabaster walks on stage yawning)

Alabaster: What is it now? You’re a nurse you can probably handle it.

Bucky: Santa has no pulse! He needs medical attention!

Alabaster: (awake now) OK, we need to get him to the infirmary. And fast!

ShannonLil99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It's a really good book :) Fun reading x

KafyraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15, 2011 at 4:14 pm:

This is really good, although a bit too random. I liked the foreshadowing that Santa was wasn't dead, but the ending was a bit too forced. Maybe you could do something likehave crazy Bill run in and say that Santa woke up, and happened to be narcoleptic, which means falls asleep when they feel a strong emotion. That would tie everything up more.

Have you ever performed this? You should.

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Congrats on being one of today's top voted novels :D

purple_ashes said...
ha :) this is pretty fun to read. i enjoyed it

Esperanza replied...
Dec. 25, 2010 at 2:38 pm :
thankyou for commenting!!!

Esperanza said...
Dec. 24, 2010 at 11:05 am:
It's rele funny basically what happens is santa is murdered so the whole north pole is trying to figure out who did it...

Esperanza replied...
Dec. 24, 2010 at 11:06 am :
feel free to comment/rate...:D

Timekeeper This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 25, 2010 at 10:59 pm :

"Rele"

...

...

"Rele"

I'm sorry, but why?

Esperanza replied...
Dec. 26, 2010 at 7:46 am :
???? I'm confused???

Dec. 26, 2010 at 10:32 am :
"Rele" is not a word used in the English language.