The two trees in the middle of the forest | Teen Ink

The two trees in the middle of the forest

November 5, 2019
By terrenceekokwe, Greenbelt, Maryland
More by this author
terrenceekokwe, Greenbelt, Maryland
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The author's comments:

no

Once upon a time, there stood two trees right in the center of the forest. One was an orange tree and the other was a mango tree.The mango tree was gentle and holy by nature. Every autumn, the birds would come to peck at its fruits, sparrows would build nests in his branches and the swallows would sing for him. The mango tree happily welcomed all the birds and sang with them. He was a generous tree. He would offer shade to passerby and stand strong when the wind came to pay a visit. But the orange tree was not generous at all. He was too proud of being taller and greener than the mango tree. He never let any birds rest on him and dropped dry leaves on any one who would sit under his shade. The wind visited the orange tree and asked him what he is proud of? That every tree has its own shade. The orange tree said, really? Then why do they have to sit under my shade. He said you know why? because not every tree has a shade as green as mine! The wind said, talking to you is of no use. The orange said they are messing up his hair style and the wind said he doesn’t have hair style. Days past, but nothing has changed between the orange and mango tree, where the mango tree will keep smiling and singing all day while the orange tree will not talk to anyone. One day, a group of flying robots entered the forest in search of gold for their president. The robot commander saw the orange tree and was very impressed. The robot said, oh! This tree is big and strong! This will be perfect for our house. We can build our house here! The orange tree said eh! Excuse me? Who said you could build here? I don’t want sticking flying robot to build on my branches. And you will keep disturbing me all day! The robot commander said,you are a tree, rooted at one spot in a forest! The orange said I have better things to do and the robot said what do you mean when you said you have better things to do? The orange said you are  disturbing me with your communication radio. The mango tree said to the orange he needs to understand that this people are tired and need to rest. He said that they will protect them with their explosive in time of danger. That if they don’t help each other out, how is nature going to stay balance! The orange tree said if nature wanted me to spoil my branches, then it wouldn’t have made me so strong and beautiful. I’m a beautiful creature of nature and so I’m going to keep myself beautiful for the sake of nature. And the orange tree said, if you care about nature, why are you lecturing me, why don’t you do it? You let this sticking robots to build on you! The mango tree was very hurt by the orange tree’s words, but he chose not to react. He called the group of flying robots and asked them to build their house on his branches. The robot commander said, oh! You are so generous. Mango! We will like to build our house here. Yummm...you smell so sweet! The mango said, oh! Thank you. I’m honoured. The robot build their house on mango’s branches and live there peacefully. The mango tree was not disturb by the robot’s communicating radio because it was making a lot of noise. The orange tree on the other hand continued to scream at everyone in sight. A few weeks later, two chain saws came in the forest. They needed wood to build their king’s house, they saw the mango tree and decided to cut it down. They found a perfect for their work. But one of the chain saws noticed something, they saw a small building on the mango tree and decided to go to another tree. The chain saws went ahead and saw an orange tree, they love how tall the tree was and so the machines began to cut the tree. The orange tree began to cry! He didn’t want to leave the forest. They cut him until he died. The mango tree and the robots live happily forever.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.