All In Time | Teen Ink

All In Time

By LonelyGrl, Meridian, Idaho
LonelyGrl, Meridian, Idaho

The Flint

by Christina Rossetti

An emerald is as green as grass,
A ruby red as blood;
A sapphire shines as blue as heaven;
A flint lies in the mud.

A diamond is a brillant stone,
To catch the world's desire;
An opal holds a fiery spark;
But a flint holds fire.

Author's note:

I wrote this piece based of off me and my life.

It seemed like it was taking forever for the clock to say 3:00. Since time was going so slow, I thought summer would never come. Then, it happened, the bell finally rang. I bolted out the door, almost forgetting my stuff. Lockers were opening and shutting in matters of seconds, because like me everyone wanted to leave. It was Summer, why not? 
“Hey Stormy, it’s Summer!” my friend Ryleigh shouted as she made her way to me and my locker. “Ready for Jamey’s party?” 
“How can you even ask me that, and I can’t even believe that he invited me. He doesn’t even know I exist, but he still went up to me and invited me. It was like I was dreaming, but it was really real!” I exclaimed, almost loud enough for everyone in the hallway to hear. 
“You’re amazing Storm,” she announced as if all my talking was a good thing. I looked at her trying to look upset, but it was so hard for my best friend to upset me. 
“And you’re an angel, Ryleigh,” I shot back, knowing she could hear the sarcasm in my voice. I removed all my things from my locker, stuffed them in my backpack, and bolted. Ryleigh was right on my tail. 
“Told you, you are amazing!” she shouted over everyone's excited chattering. By the time she finally caught up, she was all out of breath. But I had been on track every year and was always the best out of everyone. 
“What took you so long?” I asked, knowing she would notice my sarcasm, again. 
“Oh, I just stopped to talk to Jamey about you,” she said it so easily, that I believed her. 
“What do you mean talking about me? Are you kidding? What is this supposed to mean? I really just wish that I knew everything that you ever said, or did that had to do with me,” I blabbed, not realizing that she was laughing. 
“You are so easy to mess with,” she said between laughs. I jumped up, leaving my backpack in the grass.  
“I wish that I could mess with you like that,” I chased her, until I ran directly into someone. I didn’t know what to do or say. Who did I just bump into?!? 
“Are you okay?” the person asked, I lifted my head. I had just run into, Jamey! He turned all the way around, so his whole body was facing me. “I said, are you okay?” he repeated. 
“Yeah, fine, sorry, I guess I’ll go now, bye,” I walked past him, but then an arm grabbed hold of mine. I turned around, to see Jamey again. 
“You can’t just run into me, and then forget it,” it felt like his emerald green eyes were burning holes in mine. 
“I said I was sorry, okay? Can I go now?” I tugged my arm, but it wouldn’t budge. 
“Want to come with me to get coffee or something?” his hold on my arm loosened, so I chose to escape. I ran until I found Ryleigh and my backpack. 
“Where were you?” she asked obviously confused. 
“I need to go, see you tonight?” 
“Sure.” 
“Bye,” I ran off before either of us said anything else. I searched the parking lot for Jamey, until I saw him leaning against a blue Camaro. I raced through the parking lot, until I reached him. 
He gave me a little wave, “Hey, where did you go?” 
“To get my backpack, so I could ditch my friend.” 
“If I had known that you were with a friend, I wouldn’t have asked you to come.” he looked like he had done something wrong. “But, since you’re here, let’s go,” he smiled at me as if I was his girlfriend, and I smiled back. 
“Okay then, let’s go!” I shouted, and he went around and opened the passenger door. I ran to the door and hopped in the car. When we finally got out of the busy parking lot, I turned to face him. 
“Where are we going?” I asked. 
“That depends, where do you want to go?” he fidgeted in his seat, as if he was uncomfortable talking to me. 
“Are you okay?” I wondered out loud. 
“Yeah, it’s just...nothing, never mind...” he didn’t seem to want to tell me. So, without thinking I grabbed his hand, and just held onto him. 
“Can you please answer me, I want to know what’s bothering you.” 
“I just might have to cancel my party, because my stupid brother chose today of all days to come home from college.”  
“That must suck.” 
“Yeah, just like my brother does.” I remembered that I had grabbed his hand, so I loosened my grip, but before I could pull my hand away, he had grabbed it. 
“Can I ask you something?” 
“That depends, what is it about?” his hands started to shake. 
“Your brother, can I ask you something about your brother?” he started to shake even more. 
“I guess,” he stopped shaking, and held my hand even harder, as if he didn’t want to let go. 
“Do you and your brother, I don’t know, not have the best sibling relationship?” 
“Yeah, that’s one way to put it.” he finally released my hand. 
“Do you want to go to Krispy Kreme's?” I asked, trying to change the subject. 
“Sure, if that’s where you want to go.” 
“Well, I think it is?” he turned his head and smiled at me just like he had before we left school, and just like before I smiled back. When we pulled into the parking lot, surprisingly hardly anyone was there. So, when we got inside, we were at the front of the line. 
“What will it be dears?” the lady at the counter asked, in a gravelly voice. 
Jamey spoke up first," A dozen regular glazed donuts and iced hot chocolate.” It was my turn to speak, but I was lost in my thoughts. 
“Sweetie, should your boyfriend here just order for you?” the lady looked confused when Jamey and I started laughing. “Did I say something funny?” 
“No sorry, we just aren’t dating.” I spoke up before Jamey made up a story. “I want the same thing as him.” 
“Anything else, while you're at the counter?” she shifted her eyes from me to Jamey, and back. 
“No, that’s all.” Jamey stared at me, as if his no was a question for me. I shook my head no. “Let’s go sit down, um...Stormy?” I shook my head yes. We decided to sit at a booth by a window, and we sat right across from each other. 
“Why did you want me to go with you somewhere?” I asked still wanting to know the answer. 
“Because, I used to see you all the time at school, and in some classes,  
and I don’t know, I always thought that you looked kind of pretty and nice.” his face looked so red, that you could almost mistake him for a tomato. 
“I didn’t know that was how you viewed me, to be honest I didn’t even know that you knew I existed.” my face was so red, that I felt like it was on fire. 
“Stormy, I think I...no, I know I like you. You’re funny, smart, and cute,” now his face was redder than mine could ever be, or so I thought. 
“I can’t believe that I'm finally admitting this, but I like you too Jamey.” 
“Here are your donuts, and hot chocolates,” the lady looked at us and smiled. 
“Thank you,” Jamey and I said in sync, then we broke into laughter, and the lady left. We grabbed our hot chocolates, and Jamey grabbed the donuts. We got in his car, and I told him where I lived, so he could bring me home. When we  finally got to my house, we both got out of the car, and Jamey went over to me. 
“It seems like you live far from the school. Do you walk, ride the bus, or do you get picked up?” 
“I walk to school, and home from school.” 
“Really?” 
“Yeah, is that a bad thing?” 
“No, I don’t know, maybe...” 
“You are really weird, and I walk home by choice,” I looked right into his gem like eyes when I said this. 
“Yeah, I guess I am weird, but you are too,” he paused, but continued before I could say anything, “Also, I have a question for you.” 
“What?” 
“Will you be my girlfriend?”  
“I like you and you like me, so yes.” And before I knew it, he had his arms around me. After he slowly pulled away, I turned towards my house, and standing right there was, Ryleigh. 

“Ryleigh...um...what are you...doing here?” her expression changed to one where she expected me to know why. 
“I thought that I would come over, so we could decide what to wear for Jamey’s part-” right that second, she noticed Jamey, “Jamey? What are you doing here, and with Storm?” 
“I can explain everything but first, is my mom home” 
“If she was, I would already be inside.” 
“Then let’s go inside, and I will explain everything,” we went inside, and I explained everything, like I said I would. 
“Storm, you’re kidding right? Are you and Jamey really, together? Am I dreaming? Is this even possible?” Ryleigh asked every question like she was the happiest person ever, but I was, or so I had thought. 
“No, I'm not kidding. Yes, we are together. No, you are not dreaming. And yeah, I guess it’s possible,” then, at that moment, Jamey wrapped his arms around me, it seemed like he would never let go. But sadly, he did, the moment was too short, so I didn’t let go. 
“Stormy? You can let go now,” Jamey said this in such an uncomfortable way, and when I turned my head, standing right there was, my mom. Luckily, she isn’t very strict about dating. 
“Honey, who’s this boy?” my mom asked me this as if she had been saying it all her life. 
“Mom, this is Jamey, he is my-” 
“Friend, I'm just her friend!” Jamey shouted like he was sitting on a bunch of tacks.  
“Obviously, you don’t know how long I've been standing here,” my mom gave him a death stare. 
“Exactly how long have you been standing there?” now it felt like I was the one sitting on tacks. 
“Long enough to know that Jamey is your boyfriend, and that he’s scared of me.” 
“I hope that only one of those is true.” 
“Ask Jamey, both of them are true.” so, I turned my attention to Jamey. 
“What, is it illegal to be scared of my girlfriend’s mom?” 
“No,” Ryleigh, Mom, and I all said at the same time. We immediately laughed including Jamey, but when it was over no one knew what to say or do. Then, Jamey stood up. 
“I should probably go, because I don’t know when my brother Tony is getting home,” then he turned to me, "Bye, see you tonight?” 
“Sure,” without thinking I went over to him and hugged him, until someone pulled me away, Ryleigh. 
“So, when did this happen?” my mom sounded like she was very interested, but I could tell that she wasn’t. 
“Ryleigh, what are you going to wear to the party?” I ignored my mom, knowing she would leave when she knew she wasn’t wanted. 
“I don’t know,” she responded sheepishly," what are you going to wear?” 
“Not a dress.” 
“Me neither.”  
“What’s wrong? Are you okay?” 
“I’m fine...It’s just that...well...today I finally got the courage to ask Jamey out, and I knew that you liked him. I was going to wait until the party, and ask to talk to him outside, but he’s taken.” 
“I’m sorry Ryleigh, I had no idea that you liked him.” 
“It’s fine, if you’re happy then I'll be happy,” she forced a smile onto her face. 
“Why Jamey?” 
“What?” 
“Every boy at school likes you, and you chose to like the one boy that doesn’t. Why?” 
“Because, he’s different. He isn’t a little puppy following me around everywhere I go. I knew that he liked you from the start, but I didn’t tell you. I hoped that he would fall for me before he got a chance to ask you out.” 
“Why would you do that, I thought that we were best friends that shared everything with each other.” 
“Well obviously we are not, can’t you just accept that.” 
“No!”  
“Storm I'm sorry, but I need to go.” 
“What did I do wrong? What did I do that made you want to treat me this way?” 
“Nothing, you didn’t do anything to deserve this.” 
“Deserve what?” 
“This,” she approached my closet and opened it, a dark figure float out. 
 before I could finish my thought, it was biting my neck. This made me realize what it was, a vampire. 

I smiled, because for the first time, I realized that this was fate. The vampire pulled away, face covered in blood. I just smiled, because what else should a hungry vampire do. I charged at Ryleigh, and bit her, making sure to even out our pain. Even though I knew she couldn’t know my pain. Then, I felt it, I felt her heart stop beating, I felt her skin go cold, I felt her die. 
“Mr. Vampire, could you please leave, I have a party to attend,” I went to the clothes that had once been Ryleigh’s, that were lying on my bed. The vampire did as I asked, and crawled out the window.  
“What to wear?” I wondered out loud. I picked up a pair of jeans, that had holes in the knees. I changed into the jeans, and a lacey long sleeve shirt. I was about to crash my own party, I just needed backup.  
I picked up my phone and dialed 911, when they picked up, I acted like I was terrified. 
“Please hurry! She might be dead already!” I screamed as loud as I could. 
“Calm down please,” the operator responded, “please tell me what happened.” 
“A guy with a knife was in my room, and he stabbed my friend twice.” 
“Where was she stabbed?” 
“In the neck, and I don’t know what to do.” 
“Is she breathing?” 
“No, I already checked that. What else am I supposed to do?” 
“Check her pulse.” 
I reached towards Ryleigh’s neck, and checked her pulse. I don’t know how it was possible, but she had a faint pulse. 
“Does she have a pulse?” now the lady was getting impatient. 
“Yes, she has a pulse. Her hearts hardly pumping.”   
“Can I have your name and address?” 
“My name is Stormy. Address is North Crewing Dr. 4596, and can you please hurry?” 
“Yes, we can hurry, I am sending an ambulance as we speak.” 
“Thank you, she means the world to me. She’s my best friend, and we’ve known each other forever.” 
“That’s sweet and all, but I have other calls I need to answer. Could I hang up.” 
“Yes, you can hang up,” as soon as I hung up, I heard sobbing at the entrance of my room. When I turned, I saw my mom. 
“Mom, I can explain everything. Just sit down.” 
“What happened to you two?” 
“What do you mean you two?” 
“Your neck is bleeding, and hers is too.”  
“When I was trying to help Ryleigh, the person dug their nails into my neck.” 
“Are you okay?” I thought could tell that she didn’t much care about helping Ryleigh, but I was wrong. She went to Ryleigh’s side, and told me to get a towel. I did as I was told. 
“Mom, do you think that she’s going to die?” 
“I don’t know Stormy. I just don’t know.” 
“Here’s a better question, do you think that she’ll live?” 
“I don’t know about that one either Stormy.” 
“Can we get her outside, so it’s easier when the ambulance comes?” 
“Sure.” she gave me a knowing smile, because she knew that I was in pain. 

“Ryleigh? Are you awake?” I don’t know how it was possible, but my heart was beating a mile a minute. Ryleigh’s eyes were slowly opening, and I didn’t know what to do. 
“Storm?” she sounded so weak that I wanted to cry. 
“Yeah, it’s me. It’s Stormy.” my hand was shaking, and I couldn’t stop it. 
“Is anyone else here?” this time she sounded even weaker. 
“No, my mom went to Jamie’s to tell him that we weren’t going to make it to the party.” 
“That’s good,” this time her voice sounded normal, and she was sitting up straight. 
“What the?” she was removing her IV, and the cloth wrapped around her neck. Her wounds were gone. 
“Vampires can’t kill goddess’,” she laughed at the shock on my face, and then she disappeared.  
“Ryleigh?!?” I screamed loud enough to cause an earthquake. “Ryleigh where are you, this isn’t funny!?!” 
“Why are you yelling Storm?” I heard her lightly giggle, as she reappeared in the hospital bed. 
“Where were you?” my voice had gotten so quiet, that I could barely hear my thoughts. 
“Bathroom.” 
“Why?” I slowly walked to her side. 
“Just wanted to show you one of my powers.” 
“Powers means more than one, so exactly how many do you have?” 
“I can teleport and go invisible.” 
“That’s cool!” 
“I know, right?” 
“How long have you been like this? How long have you been a goddess?” 
“All my life.” 
“Why didn’t you ever tell me?” 
“I wasn’t allowed to tell anyone, until I was done with high school.” 
“That’s dumb,” I crossed my arms, and sighed very dramatically.  
“You’re the same as ever.” 
“Sadly, you aren’t,” I looked at Ryleigh, and thought about when we first met. 
“I can read thoughts too. I miss when we first met too.” 
“Why did you turn me into a vampire?” 
“They’re immortal, like gods and goddess’. That reminds me, I have something for you,” she reached for a box setting by her bed and pulled out a ring. “This is a protection ring, and it prevents you from ever dying no matter what, but only if you wear it.”  
“Really?” even I heard the surprise in my voice. 
“Yeah really!” 
“You’re the best, but why did you say that you don’t like me?” 
“I had to get you upset with me some way.” 
“That makes sense.” 
“I just realized something, you don’t have a soul.” 
“You’re right, I don’t. What are we planning on doing about that?” 
“I know someone, my mom, she can help us. She’s a witch, and my dad is a god.” 
“That’s awesome! Everything keeps getting better and better!” 
“I know.” 
“Do you think that Jamie will reschedule the party?” 
“I don’t know, want to call and find out?” 
“Yeah,” I pulled out my phone and found his number, and he picked up. 
“Hi.” 
“Hey Jamie.” 
“Are you okay? I heard that you and Ryleigh were attacked.” 
“We were attacked, and sadly Ryleigh ended up in the hospital.” 
“Is she okay?” 
“She’s been better, but it isn’t too serious.” 
“So, why did you call me?” 
“Are you going along with the party as planned? Or are you rescheduling it?” 
“I don’t know, will you be able to make it if I set it for tomorrow?” 
“Maybe, that depends on how Ryleigh is.” 
“Is that all you needed?” 
“Yeah, bye. See you tomorrow maybe.” 
“Okay, bye.” then he hung up. 
“Ryleigh, do you think that you want to go to his newly planned party tomorrow?” 
“Sure.”  
We talked for a long time after that, and my mom even let me stay the night at the hospital. This was amazing, because not only was I friends with a goddess, but I was a vampire too. 

Light shown through the window, as I asked, "Is it morning already?” I got no response, so I turned to face Ryleigh. I grabbed her shoulders and shook her. Once again, she did not respond. “Ryleigh, wake up!” 
“What?!?” she screamed. 
“Sorry,” I squeaked in an apologetic voice. 
“It’s fine, I just thought that something was wrong, by the tone of your voice.” 
“Nothing’s wrong.” 
“Then can you explain to me why you were yelling?” 
“I was worried, because you wouldn’t wake up.” 
“Sometimes I'm a heavy sleeper,” she rubbed her eyes, giving me the feeling that she wanted to sleep in. 
“Are you still tired?” 
“Yeah, I guess.” 
“In that case, you should rest more,” I got up off the hospital bed and headed towards the door. 
“Wait!” 
“What?” I asked, while I jumped as high as a kangaroo. 
“Your ring, you’ll die without it,” she held out a shiny and round piece of metal. I went over to her and slipped it on my middle finger on my left hand. It was a perfect fit. 
“Thank you! You’re a life saver, literally,” we giggled, then she waved goodbye, and I waved right back. 
“I’ll rest, and you go do something less boring.” she motioned for me to leave. 
“Hanging out with my best friend isn’t boring, it’s actually kind of nice.” 
“You should still go do something else for a little bit.”  
“Okay, see you later alligator.” 
“In a while crocodile.” we both giggled, and then I left to go somewhere. I was thinking about where, when a boy my age or a few years older stepped in front of me and faced me. 
“Hi,” he gave me a smile that made me want to hug him, but I resisted the urge. 
“Hi, do I know you or something?” 
“No! I mean I don’t think so.” 
“Then, why are you talking to me?” 
“You don’t know me, but I know you.” 
“How do you know who I am? That’s really, what’s the right word? Oh yeah, creepy.” 
“I know who you are, because I what you are” 
“What did you say?”  
“I said that I know who you are, because I know what you are,” I pushed him against the wall, and investigated his mysterious silver-gray eyes. 
“Your eyes are beautiful.” 
“You’re beautiful too,” he looked down at me, and before I could pull away, he was kissing me. This was nothing like Jamey, and I didn’t even know his name. The worst part is, someone tapped my shoulder. I pulled away, and who else would be behind me, other than Jamey. 

“Jamey, this isn’t what you think.” 
“Really, this isn’t my girlfriend kissing someone else?” 
“Dude lay off, I didn’t know that Stormy had a boyfriend. So, you don’t need to attack her for something that wasn’t her fault,” The mystery guy whispered something in my ear, before backing away. “My name’s Tony by the way.” 
“Tony was just leaving anyway,” I looked at Tony when I said this, because I wanted him to leave. 
“Tony?” 
“What do you want Jamey?” 
“I want you to leave Stormy alone.” 
“Why should I do what you say? I’m older than you.” 
“Good point, should we tell her?” 
“Yeah,” Tony turned in my direction, "Stormy, this is my little brother Jamey.” 
“What, you two are brothers? You look nothing alike, but you act a lot alike. I never would have guessed that you two were brothers. That’s weird.” 
“And you’re beautiful,” Jamey and Tony responded in sync. 
“I’m going home, bye.” 
“Why are you leaving?” Jamey asked in a voice that made me want to slap him, so I did slap him. 
“Jamey, I don’t like you, because you’re so annoying! We’re over!” I ran, and Tony followed me. 
“Since my brother was a dud, how about me?” 
“I don’t even know you!” 
“You know my brother, and like you said, we’re a lot alike.” 
“That’s no reason that I should be with you, and I don’t even know how old you are.” 
“I’m 20, you?” 
“I’m 19, so I guess there isn’t much of a difference,” I stop running, and Tony hugs me from behind. 
“As I said before, I know your secret. You can trust me.” 
“How do you know my secret?” 
“I was kind of the vampire that turned you.” 
“I thought I recognized you!” I covered my mouth as soon as I said this, because I yelled it loudly. 
“Also,” he started, showing me his left middle finger, "I have a ring that protects me from the sun.”  
“Wow!” I squealed, “Prove it,” I ended with a threatening voice. 
“How am I supposed to prove that this is a sun ring?” 
“Go outside in front of the hospital and take it off.” 
“Okay, I’ll do it,” he had no fear in his voice when saying this, it was almost as if he wanted to die. 
“You’re really going to do it?” 
“I’ll doing anything, as long as you’re the one asking me to do it,” he turned and looked at me, and his eyes seemed to sparkle like stars in the night. 
“Why?” 
“Because I love you,” he went outside, and was about to take off his ring, but I reached him first. I grabbed his face and starred into those mysterious eyes of his. 
“I love you too Tony,” tears began rolling down my face, and he wiped them away. He placed his hands on my shoulders and leaned down and kissed me. This time was different, it was as if he was more comfortable this time. He slipped his hands down my arms, and up to my hands. 
“I know that he probably doesn’t like me, but I like this guy named Tony, he’s just an amazing guy, and I wish I could tell him,” I giggled as I slowly pulled away. 
“I know that she probably doesn’t like me, but I like this gal named Stormy, she’s just an amazing gal, and I wish I could tell her,” he laughed back. 
“Do you want to go somewhere?” 
“Sure, where do you want to go?” 
“Krispy Kreme?” I asked. 
“Sure,” a big smile crept up his face, as he pulled away, and grabbed my hand. 
“Do you have a car?” I wondered, as we walked towards the parking lot. 
“Yeah, but it’s similar to my brother’s, I hope that doesn’t bother you,” he responded, as we reached a beautiful green Camaro. 
“Wow! It’s beautiful! I love it!” 
“I’m glad,” he looked at me, and then his car. 
“So, are we going now?” I asked. I began inspecting his car as I waited for an answer. 
“If you want to, then sure,” he went to the passenger door, and opened it. 
“Thank you, good sir,” a girl calmly said as she sat in the front seat. 
“What do you want Sophia?” Tony looked like his head would explode, luckily it didn’t.  
“Am I not allowed to visit my boyfriend?”  
“We aren’t dating! We never were!” he screamed at the top of his lungs. 
“If you aren’t my boyfriend and never was, then why am I pregnant with your child?” she put a small smile on her face after saying this. 
“Tony, what is she talking about?” tears began rolling down my face. 
“I don’t know what she’s talking about, I knew that she was pregnant, but it isn’t my child, it can’t be my child.” 
“Then, let’s go to the hospital and take a DNA test,” she interrupted, pointing at the hospital. 
“Fine, we will, and then you’ll see, that child in your stomach is not mine,” he grabbed my hand, and we began walking to the hospital, Sophia right behind us.  
… 
“Is it positive?” Tony looked like he was going to burst into tears, so I held his arm. 
“What do you mean?” the doctor asked. 
“Am the father of Sophia’s baby?” Tony asked, pointing at Sophia. 
“Well, we checked, and it came as negative.” 
“What the heck?” Sophia shouted in anger, and I just smiled. 
“Let’s go,” I tugged on Tony’s arm, and pointed to the door. 
“Sure,” he smiled. We walked outside to his car and drove to Krispy Kreme’s. 
“Order whatever you want,” Tony said as he sat in a booth. 
I approached the front desk, “Hi, can I have two hot chocolates, and one box of a dozen regular donuts?” 
“Sure,” the lady responded, and that was when I noticed that it was the same lady from when Jamey and I were here. She walked to the back and disappeared for a little while, when she came back, she noticed that I wasn’t alone. “Where’s that other boy, the one that you were here with earlier?” 
“He was just a friend,” I turned and pointed to Tony, “That’s my boyfriend.” 
“Really?” she gave me a funny look, “You and the other boy were looking at each other very dreamily, but I guess that was just my imagination.” 
“No, me and Jamey aren’t together, he’s just an old friend.” 
“Okay I’m sorry for making such a mistake like that about you sweetie.” 
“It’s fine,” My stomach began to growl, “I’m hungry.” The only problem was that I wasn’t hungry for human food, I was hungry for human. 

This book has 1 comment.

LonelyGrl said...
on Jun. 3 2019 at 6:09 pm
LonelyGrl, Meridian, Idaho

The Flint

by Christina Rossetti

An emerald is as green as grass,
A ruby red as blood;
A sapphire shines as blue as heaven;
A flint lies in the mud.

A diamond is a brillant stone,
To catch the world's desire;
An opal holds a fiery spark;
But a flint holds fire.

I hope ya'll like this love story, and if enough people comment and like, then I'll write another story to continue this story.