The reborn fantasy: Between land and sea. | Teen Ink

The reborn fantasy: Between land and sea.

By DevilishAurora, Pori, Other
DevilishAurora, Pori, Other

Author's note:

What inspires me is music that matches my stories, this time it's the song ''Nightcore - Oceans''. I hope people like my story, after all those who believe in reincarnation will get more out of it than they hoped for.

Once upon a time was an eighteen year old girl named Medrilith, she was always reading history books about the oceans around the world. Living alone in her own apartment which looked like one huge library, she continued reading a new book she found. Suddenly, a certain book fell out of one of the cabinets she had closed. Feeling very frightened she decided to check it out anyway, the only thing she saw was that it was wet from the pages to it’s cover. Being quite confused as to why the book was wet, she picked it up carefully before drying it neatly for a few hours. Upon drying the book completely, her hands started to burn on the inside. Screaming in agony Medrilith soon knew what was going on, the water she had touched was poisonous. The drowsiness had begun, her vision swirled like the world was going in circles and finally collapsed. Unable to move, she wished for only one thing this time -- reincarnation. Not able to think anymore, she closed her eyes and went into slumber for eternity. Now that she’s deceased she could only see darkness around her, reaching into the endless abyss. Wondering what to do, she wished to see the ocean once again. As if something heard her plea, a voice came into that dark abyss resounded through the empty plains. ‘’Oh how tragic my child, please, let me take you to the world that needs you the most.’’ She had no choice but to accept that offer, and entered the light that shone in front of her.

Meanwhile in the distant past, the medieval times were peaceful on land as always. However that didn’t last long until the people heard battle cries and guns firing, apparently the direction it came from was the ocean. As the warlock witnessed the sightings among the villagers, he could no longer wait and made haste to his magic tower. Adding bit of salt water and pure light liquid to the potion, then poured a lot of ocean power slime making the potion turn light blue. Preparing the magical portal towards the girl’s arrival, he intended to make her a human vessel due to her having only her soul. As soon as her soul stepped out of that portal, the warlock added spirit edible dust into the potion for Medrilith. She looked around and saw the potion being offered to her, she opened her mouth and the warlock poured it into her. After gulping it all down, she started to transform into the queen of the oceans. The warlock ran to get a wooden bathtub filled with water and pushed it towards her nearly finished body, as she finished her transformation the effect wore her out without the water she needed. Upon collapsing she fell into the wooden bath tub. Feeling energized the newly immortal Medrilith soaked with joy, unable to regret dying in her past life at all. The war sounds spread ever so closely, what do they do now..? Then the warlock had an idea, he was going to but her onto his wagon along with the wooden bathtub. Next they will fight for their lives to get Medrilith into the ocean, what will happen to them?

Having prepared the horses for dragging the wagon covered with cloth, the warlock told her it will be alright. Feeling at ease that very moment, she closed her eyes to sleep and conserve her energy. The horses were finally ready, and the warlock sat in front of the wagon hitting the horses forward. Speeding up the pace across the frontier, they could finally see the ocean up close. However the beach in front of them had pirates all sprawled on it, sleeping while holding swords the pirates heard a horse neigh. To that mistake the warlock prepared a spell to kill them all at once with light arrows, holding one of his hands high up in the air a circle of ancient ruins forms above him. The pirates were frightened, but stood still and prepared to attack regardless. With only one minute remaining to charge the spell, the pirates attack the warlock with loud battle cries coming from all directions. The girl knew something was up, and opened her eyes to hear a lot of agony and death. Feeling that she was useless, Medrilith used her water as a sharp barrier around the wagon. The warlock felt thankful very much so, and whispered a tiny thank you while casting the completed spell. All of the pirates looked up, but in an instant they got pierced with light arrows three or two times each. There were all kinds of final cries before they knew what hit them, after they were all completely dead the warlock dumped Medrilith into the ocean for the greater good.

If you liked this book please know, that the second book of this story is in consideration. Thank you for reading! :)

Finally being in the ocean, she swam towards a big rock in the middle of all the warships. All of the soldiers on board were dumbfounded by the mythical being, some fell in love at first sight due to her beauty. Getting all the attention she needed to have, Medrilith tried to cast a wing spell onto her back using water. Without a hitch it worked, big frozen ice wings spread out of her back as she turned her singing voice into the right tune. The excitement and fright filled the soldier’s hearts, as she prepared to do the intended singing. After the bell chime tune in her voice appeared, she sung a lullaby to all of the soldiers on hundreds of ships. Hearing the angelic voice the soldiers never stopped listening to her, on the contrary they wanted to hear much more by each second. As the soldiers listened and listened, the fighting dropped and the weapons thrown into sea surrendering to her lullaby. After she sung a lot of the lullaby, she told every single soldier to stop fighting and bring peace to the era they live in currently. Otherwise she would have to step in again, and save them all. Hearing the plea of Medrilith, the word spread to the entire world across seas and skies. Peace has reigned, and the legend of Medrilith continues.