Saving Grace

Author's note: I have always been interested with Egyptian mythology and always had this drive to write this...  Show full author's note »
Author's note:

I have always been interested with Egyptian mythology and always had this drive to write this story. It's been in my mind for so many years and I finally was able to get it written out and I'm so happy that I could. 

« Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

Red hues lit up the room, large circular, floating piece of earth. The bottom of it is covered in stalactites. It connects the entrance to the main room by a thin, rock bridge that looks like it could fall in at any moment. There is a large rock formation in the middle resembling a throne sits in the middle. In the room stands a large black Pharaoh Hound, a man with black hair and bright golden eyes sitting in the rock formed throne. Two women stand to the side of the throne and there is a feeling of tension in the room.

"Ubaid, you must get to Tanuk. She is the only one who will be able to defeat Osiris and protect the balance. She's a very stubborn girl but I know you can teach her. You are patient and wise so you are the only one that will be good for this job. She is now your lord and you will protect her with your life." The God said, clenching his side in pain. "Yes, Anubis. I promise to protect Lady Tanuk with my life." The Pharaoh Hound bowed at the bottom of the throne, a woman with dark hair and tanned skin coming out from beside the throne, placing a collar upon the canine. A golden Ankh hanging from the dark fabric. "You are not to return without my daughter, Ubaid. If you do, you will be exiled. Am I clear?" Anubis said, his deep voice stern. "Yes, Anubis. I will return with Tanuk no matter what. I assure you." The hound bowed once more before walking out of the throne room. "I pray to Ra that she can do this and that Tanuk believes her." He says, giving a small sigh and a clench of his teeth. Pain ran through Anubis. It had been almost a week since he had received a soul through the soul wall and he was slowly dying. Each God or Goddess had their way of gaining their powers, some easier than others. Anubis had it pretty difficult. If the soul wall was blocked off, he couldn't receive his powers and it would slowly kill him if he continued to go without. "All will be well, m'lord. I'm sure of it." One of the women said, giving him a pleasant smile. "I hope you are right, Akela because if you're not, everything is going to be different."

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »