the great awakening | Teen Ink

the great awakening

By kodathomas, shepherdsville, Kentucky
kodathomas, Shepherdsville, Kentucky

don't let the voices drag you down their just sounds afterall

As I looked back, not thinking about where i'm going, or where I came from. I am reminded that, no matter what i say, or do i can never; ever change what happened that day. When we went hiking, alone, we got lost. You told me everything would be alright, but only, if we just stuck together and stayed put, but i didn’t listen, i left you there, lying on the cold, wet,  snow covered ground, i left you there freezing to death, but when i  went back to find you again, you were dead! …… or so i thought, when i found you, you had the faintest of heartbeats but  i could see that you were  breathing, so i did something i swore to my people back home i wouldn’t do unless it was completely necessary and to me this is necessary, i showed my true form, “like the wind and blaze pulled together the sun and ash through any weather the moon and stars are gathered and far, i call to you my hurried loom, i call to you my worried doom, like the wind and blaze caught in a summers haze, i call to you oh great ones to come forth and present this litherian into your hode and breath him  back to life for he has done not bad for me but good in triumph, let us hail him for as long as there is snow in these woo-”, ~LANESY ARE YOU UP?~ i woke with a huge scare,” where am i? Why did i care so much about who that person was and that he lived?”^YES, MOM I’M AWAKE^ i yelled at the top of my lungs so everyone could hear me though i really didn’t feel like dealing with me annoying little brother and sister! Because they are just now starting school so now i have to drop them off everyday… but on the bright side, i get to see *dreamily exhales a breath* him*smiles* :Goonie wade up weve got nu go nu skoolz!*puts her tiny hand to Goonie(aka Lansey) and shakes her* *snaps out of it !* huh what lal’s ? what is going on? :Goonie hut me mam Goonie hut me mam*starts crying* lansey looks down at lalie’s arm where she had grabbed and saw that she had burnt her little sister even though she may not like her little sister sometimes she never wanted to hurt her like at all!

Chapter one…

When i woke up of a morning i think about what i dreamt every night it is the same thing.*As I looked back, not thinking about where i'm going, or where I came from. I am reminded that, no matter what i say, or do i can never; ever change what happened that day. When we went hiking, alone, we got lost. You told me everything would be alright, but only, if we just stuck together and stayed put, but i didn’t listen, i left you there, lying on the cold, wet,  snow covered ground, i left you there freezing to death, but when i  went back to find you again, you were dead! …… or so i thought, when i found you, you had the faintest of heartbeats but  i could see that you were  breathing, so i did something i swore to my people back home i wouldn’t do unless it was completely necessary and to me this is necessary, i showed my true form, “like the wind and blaze pulled together the sun and ash through any weather the moon and stars are gathered and far, i call to you my hurried loom, i call to you my worried doom, like the wind and blaze caught in a summers haze, i call to you oh great ones to come forth and present this litherian into your hode and breath him  back to life for he has done not bad for me but good in triumph, let us hail him for as long as there is snow in these woo-”* every night it is just the same thing over and over and over, the same thing. But what is even stranger is that everyday is the same thing over and over again and again i learn the same thing and am given the same project, and essay everyday, the same test, the same food, and all my friends say and do the same thing over and over again and again, but it took me three months of doing the same thing and talking about the same stuff, but now i can't seem to wake up honestly i don’t know what to do and how to stop it. Why is this happeni- wait a minute! I know just what is going on here… my dream is telling me something, but what?
Later that day when i got home, my mom said go to your room and clean it… like she does everyday, i wonder if i am the only one who knows we are repeating a day? Over and over?why am i the only one who sees that we are living the same day over and over again?is there someone who could  help me with this whole subject matter? And the “next” day i met someone new in the hallways….. His name, i will never forget. “hi,*waves* im Saffron.” and that started it all from that day forward we talked about how we are the only ones who know that the day resets and were the only ones who know about it.
Salinete’s pov;

Salinete: Dammit why is this girl waking up from her dream state she needs to be not knowing that the day transmitter is broke and stuck on one day… unless she is the koerper? Then must we let her awaken?

Dusseldorf: Nonsense she couldn't be the one we’ve kept her thousands of years just to be born in the mind of two others? She is a con artist

Saffrons dreams

.*As she looked back, not thinking about where she’s going, or where she came from. She is reminded that, no matter what she says, or does she  can never; ever change what happened that day. When we went hiking, alone, we got lost. i told her  everything would be alright, but only, if we just stuck together and stayed put, but she didn’t listen, she left me there, lying on the cold, wet,  snow covered ground, she left me there freezing to death, but when she  went back to find me again,i was dead! …… or so she thought, when she found me, i had the faintest of heartbeats but  she could see that i was  breathing, so she  did something she swore to her people back home she  wouldn’t do unless it was completely necessary and to her this is necessary, she showed her true form, “like the wind and blaze” I heard her say “pulled together the sun and ash through any weather the moon and stars are gathered and far, i call to you my hurried loom, i call to you my worried doom, like the wind and blaze caught in a summers haze, i call to you oh great ones to come forth and present this litherian into your hode and breath him  back to life for he has done not bad for me but good in triumph, let us hail him for as long as there is snow in these woo-”* “and then bam. She never finishes the dream and i wake up maybe this girl in my dream and guy in your dream is us i’m the guy and you’re the girl? ^i don’t know it sounds pretty fishy^ “but i do i have been awake before but it only seemed like a dream, this has happened before but they were the wrong girls they are looking for the one with the winter’s heart. And i think that might be you. I don’t know what that means though, but i can feel something is about to happen i can feel that everyone’s going to wake up they will not know anything because we have been asleep for thousands of years. When i went to bed that night i actually finished the dream
“As I looked back, not thinking about where i'm going, or where I came from. I am reminded that, no matter what i say, or do i can never; ever change what happened that day. When we went hiking, alone, we got lost. You told me everything would be alright, but only, if we just stuck together and stayed put, but i didn’t listen, i left you there, lying on the cold, wet,  snow covered ground, i left you there freezing to death, but when i  went back to find you again, you were dead! …… or so i thought, when i found you, you had the faintest of heartbeats but  i could see that you were  breathing, so i did something i swore to my people back home i wouldn’t do unless it was completely necessary and to me this is necessary, i showed my true form, “like the wind and blaze pulled together the sun and ash through any weather the moon and stars are gathered and far, i call to you my hurried loom, i call to you my worried doom, like the wind and blaze caught in a summers haze, i call to you oh great ones to come forth and present this litherian into your hode and breath him  back to life for he has done not bad for me but good in triumph, let us hail him for as long as there is snow in these woods and let the blizzards be vital for him to rise and as long as there is snow on these grounds he will live on he will be known throughout the world and he will be the best so i repeat; like the wind and blaze pulled together the sun and ash through any weather the moon and stars are gathered and far, i call to you my hurried loom, i call to you my worried doom, like the wind and blaze caught in a summers haze, like the pain and suffer the rise and buffer , the love and doubt will bring forth the drought the hate and name will bring the blame let the world hear how you cry let the Earth know your name for my name is The Dark Phoenix and i will rise again i give the all my power and will i dub the as the heir to my throne the key to the lock of the world will be given to the and he will bring forth the world’s desires to his knees, let it be said that today and forever he is all powerful for he will be called from now on as God himself and have the power to control when we are alive and dead he will be a great ball of light i give him all my followers and lovers i give him the power to create and control he will live in heaven’s realm and be asked and worshiped everyday in many different forms and he will be all mighty he will have a loyal companion trade over him he will call him lucifer and he will lead an army of Fallen Angels and will lose to the power of God for he is almighty and will never be dethroned” I woke that morning with a start when i realized that my ancestor’s created God i know the face of God nobody else in the world does but why why would i now know the true face of God? What makes me so special? But whatever it is this is a sign that that boy...Saffron is an ancestor of God or otherwise known as Jijge, Jehovah, or as everyone else calls him God only one thing is fishy about this situation my phone says “Saturday, June 2, 2059, time 2:48 p.m., but all day yesterday it was Friday June 1, 2059 ,time 6:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. over and over for the past three months, whatever happened i walk as slow as i can to school that day so i could meet up with him. And when he met me he had a look on his face of pure hate, “ugh i can't believe that we have school on the weekends…. My Grandma had it only monday through friday and was off on the weekends…. Why change it on us? Why? Like seriously do the schools hate the kids? I mean we have no days off of school no christmas break. No fall break. No spring break. And no summer break. Definitely no winter break and i mean why? Why don’t we have any days off that damn alien spaceship better have a good reason for not giving us any Goddamn breaks!!!!!!” ^wait what? What Alien Spaceship?^ “huh? What are you talking about? I didn’t say anything about an Alien Spaceship!?!” ^yea you did you really did i have it on recording on my phone!^”no i didn’t and im not listening to that bogas recording okay?” ^yeah would yah just listen to it please?^ “fine but only this once!” *My Grandma had it only monday through friday and was off on the weekends…. Why change it on us? Why? Like seriously do the schools hate the kids? I mean we have no days off of school no christmas break. No fall break. No spring break. And no summer break. Definitely no winter break and i mean why? Why don’t we have any days off that damn alien spaceship better have a good reason for not giving us any Goddamn breaks!!!!!!* “oh my God? Do you know what this means ?” ^no? What does it mean?^
‘It means that whoever is controlling our world or our minds that i remember everything about them and i can get to know more just by looking at you” ^what do you mean by looking at me?^ “i mean how you look….. We can see each others true identities and don’t tell me i don’t look different that most boys you see! But we are of *wispers* another kind called the Wildners and where they come from is a place where they lost their queen who had the winter’s heart, and the believe that she gave it to an Eitheans which is what we are and now they are keeping us with the humans to get into our heads literally and now i know that you do not have the winter’s heart but you do have the hellheart and i believe that together we can create mass destruction or everlasting beauty what do you say will you be mi-*passes out* ^CORDILIE!^ ^*in head* wait his name is Saffron not Cordilie why did i call him that? I don’t know but he needs help right now and i believe that i am the only one who can heal him!^ “mmmmmmhhhhhhhmmmmm*groans in pain* *wakes up* what happened Anilea? Why am i in so much pai-” ^silence bloodthroth i am the master and i will tell you when to speak you are the one with the winter's heart and i am the Hellheart i will not fail again i am in love with you why can’t you see Cordilie that i need you we need you kiss me Cordilie please just kiss me. I love you, and i will always protect you no matter what okay?and then  we woke up with a hair raising scream, we were in the middle of a conductor's room i guess is what it can be called as we look around we see that the walls are transparent and that there are humans in cage like boxes and they are in a dream state and they no idea what’s going on that they are all just dreaming and i then see my “parents” just lying there then all of a sudden they turn young again like around 16 or 17 and i didn’t know why until i looked down…. Lansey O’corleen doesn’t exist anymore then i see it, the Alien on the floor dead and *his?* hands are burned and then i realize that he is the one who let us wake up probably for the better of the humans i see a mirror and i see my reflection and  a small yelp escape my lips, i-i-i-i’m a monster  and i just wanted to get out of here but it was like the Maze Runner and i was Thomas and this ship is the Maze and i need to find my way through it and learn how to get out!
^ -passes out- *in head* f*** Lansey Reign  get it together you are not what you think you are and you have to do as i say, no i don’t i control you and it’s not vise versa!* “ Lansey!” *runs over to her laying in the middle of a metal floor not knowing what was happening or where they were he picked her up and ran but he doesn't know the Shi-wait he does because his dad built it *

Chapter two
When we saw how the world has become overrun by aliens but why was it this way? Is it because of me? Or Saffron? Or does it matter because we have to save the world and now we have to face the consequences of what the humans have done to the world they have ruined it and made it a blasphemous place to inhabit and when did the Earth grow those monstrous vines or trees?  You know what never mind we have to focus on what we have at hand today

“like the wind and blaze pulled together the sun and ash through any weather the moon and stars are gathered and far, i call to you my hurried loom, i call to you my worried doom, like the wind and blaze caught in a summers haze, i call to you oh great ones to come forth and present this litherian into your hode and breath him  back to life for he has done not bad for me but good in triumph, let us hail him for as long as there is snow in these woods and let the blizzards be vital for him to rise and as long as there is snow on these grounds he will live on he will be known throughout the world and he will be the best so i repeat; like the wind and blaze pulled together the sun and ash through any weather the moon and stars are gathered and far, i call to you my hurried loom, i call to you my worried doom, like the wind and blaze caught in a summers haze, like the pain and suffer the rise and buffer , the love and doubt will bring forth the drought the hate and name will bring the blame let the world hear how you cry let the Earth know your name for my name is The Dark Phoenix and i will rise again i give the all my power and will i dub the as the heir to my throne the key to the lock of the world will be given to the and he will bring forth the world’s desires to his knees, let it be said that today and forever he is all powerful for he will be called from now on as God himself and have the power to control when we are alive and dead he will be a great ball of light i give him all my followers and lovers i give him the power to create and control he will live in heaven’s realm and be asked and worshiped everyday in many different forms and he will be all mighty he will have a loyal companion trade over him he will call him lucifer and he will lead an army of Fallen Angels and will lose to the power of God for he is almighty and will never be dethroned” i can’t get that carnation out of my head and it is killing me to know that somewhere deep inside me there is this dark Phoenix or whatever waiting to be woken up and i will let her rise through my body i give myself to her and then, she woke.

Chapter three

It has only been two hours since i woke up this afternoon and saw my mom and dad turn back into their teens and then i knew that i didn’t exist anymore and there  is nothing i can do about it i mean Saffron and i have stayed out of trouble for all this time and i am just glad that there has been no one who has come to check on all of these people in this room, but thank God that i came bearing snacks turns out that one of the powers i opened myself up to is in fact to have any food that i want from anywhere in the world and which ever time
As we were eating one night we heard someone moving around in one of the tube thingys and it was a Goddess like girl wearing a tiara and she was awake when she saw us she smiled, opened the hatch and  got out and said “Hi my name is Kenner and i am the princess soon to be queen of Louages and i am here to ANOUN- i put my hand over her mouth ^ are you dumb youre going to get us caught and you’re not princess of anything anymore because you don’t exist anymore you were only dreaming and this is real life so wake up princess you nothing without you crown and it is gone now so suck it up shut it up and sit the f*** down thank you and here have some food and then go back to bed because they do an nightly check for anyone who has woke up and you don’t want to see an Alien up close do you? I didn’t think so, so go to bed now get back in there and shut the hell up and go to sleep.^
I turn to Saffron^and that’s how you deal with a brat^

Chapter four
It all changed when Saffron opened himself to the winter's heart. and as he breathes in the summers air he will be forver known as the man who gave his heart of glass for the brick of ice

When i woke up one morning is was dead cold. I couldn't see anything but ice over my sanctum and i wanted to know why, so i said the cortana chant
““like the wind and blaze pulled together the sun and ash through any weather the moon and stars are gathered and far, i call to you my hurried loom, i call to you my worried doom, like the wind and blaze caught in a summers haze, like the pain and suffer the rise and buffer , the love and doubt will bring forth the drought the hate and name will bring the blame let the world hear how you cry let the Earth know your name for my name is The Dark Phoenix and i will rise again” and just like that there was no more ice  around my sanctum and i saw just what made everything freeze. There he was the most beautiful of beautiful ice Angels i have ever seen in my life and i knew that we could never be together and that hurt worse than any pain reflecta could of ever inflicted on me and i just wanted him; to hug him; to kiss him but i know that i could not do that for it would kill him for i am fire and he is ice and we do not match but oh so bad do i want him for my own and i realise now that after this little story began i- that i loved him with all my heart and i know now that i would give up my powers for him in a heartbeat and there is nothing nobody can do about that fact and as to why i feel this was is a brain teaser to me as well as you probably and i; i; i just want him the way i want warmth and he wants coldness, i love him but i can’t touch him.

Saffrons pov
I want her the way she wants warmth and i want coldness i want her but i can’t have her and it sucks as to why i want her in this way is a brain teaser to me , i love her but i can't touch her.i mean that i do want her but i can't be with her for she is fire and i am ice and we are not meant to be together but i will make do with what i have