Art Society

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »

Chapter 0.5: A New Discovery

I’m going to take a wild guess and say that you wouldn’t like to find a dead rat in your mailbox. Most normal people would actually be downright disturbed by that, and I’ll take another guess that you’re fairly normal. Naturally, Aubry was disgusted when she saw a miniature rat corpse in her PO Box, and her first reaction was to slam the door on the box shut. She probably would have screamed, if the mail room hadn’t been full of students milling about, waiting to head to their last class of the week. I’m asking you to imagine a chilly Friday evening in November, where the sun is just barely sinking behind the brick buildings of the local prestigious private school. This is Aubry’s school. She was in her first term of prep year (that’s fancy private school talk for freshman) when she first got a suspicious present in her PO Box. She checked every day, expecting care packages from her loving parents. Indeed, reader, she received many a care package that first term. But this particular Friday afternoon, she received an unexpected gift; a dead rat, that led to unexpected danger.

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »