The Intergalactic Revolution: First War | Teen Ink

The Intergalactic Revolution: First War

March 2, 2017
By xuewilliam5, Claremont, California
More by this author
xuewilliam5, Claremont, California
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Author's note:

My inspiration came from reading many science-fiction books and philosophical texts. I realized that humans have many faults and weaknesses, yet also many strengths. People aren't defined by their traits, because who knows, they might change. My point is that individuals aren't necessarily good or bad, and I hope that my readers will also learn this.

The day started off nice and normal, rainbows and sunshine. As usual, I woke up at around nine-thirty(am) and started looking around for a hearty meal and other daily necessities. If you didn’t already know, my name is Jasper, and I’m a smart, talented, funny, awesome, spectacular, and homeless teenage boy. Yep, believe it or not, I am homeless in this extremely rich city filled with cool high-tech stuff. Now you're probably curious about where I live. Well, I just so happen to live in a luxurious dumpster behind a garbage hotel(Not really. You get the idea though). The city that I live in is called Los Angeles, home to the world’s richest people of the 24th century. Celebrities, government officials, businessmen; they all live here. That is why I selected my top-secret base location to be in LA. Every day, I go out and reap the benefits of living in a completely rich city, by borrowing money here and there, loaning some expensive gadgets when given the chance, and taking the free food that is offered. It’s not really stealing, because the richies already have more than they need. In fact, I consider it as a job. Someone needs to prevent the rich from becoming even more rich, right? Anyhow, let’s continue on with the story. As I was saying, I had just woken up to the melodic, musical sound of a blaring IPF car. What’s that? Well, the IPF are basically the police of the galactic world that are evil and want to rule the Universe by destroying the freedom of people (I know it's a lot to take in). IPF stands for Intergalactic Police Force, but I prefer calling them losers. They’ve been trying to capture me for over 2 years now, ever since I humbly moved in. As of yet, they still haven’t succeeded. They are used to capturing poor and homeless people to kick them out of the city, not a young mastermind. Plus, they give me a chance to test out my inventions, such as the catometerX97. The CAT97 is my most prized possession because of various reasons. Number one: it is a hacking device that can infiltrate virtually any system. Number two: Parts of it were stolen from the IPF. Number three: It has helped me escape the IPF numerous times. So you see, I got quite, quite mad when somebody was finally able to deceive me, steal my device, and send me to prison.

So you're probably thinking, what happened? Why did he just leave off there? Well, for various reasons(mostly to annoy you). Anyhow, let's get back on track. As I was saying earlier, someone deceived me- outsmarted me, you might say. This happened right after I got up and started foraging for food. The day was nice; weather was great plus I was able to find some money and food. So right after breakfast, I started walking home along the fine streets of L.A. As I was minding my own business, a beautiful girl caught my attention. Now, I don't fall for people easily, but this lady was an eye-catcher. Naturally, I wanted to talk to her. So I made a slight change in my direction and started walking towards her. As I got closer, I noticed a few unusual things. First of all, she was wearing a weird belt that looked really cool. It had a bunch of gadget-like items that I wanted to take a closer look at. Secondly, she seemed to be searching for someone. As I got nearer, she finally noticed me.
“Hi, may I help you?” She asked.
I was at a loss for words for a moment. Then, my brain kicked back into functioning.
“Yes.”I answered. “You… Uh… Are very attractive.”
Pretty slick, eh? You can imagine how she replied.

My name is Nila Odernell, and I'm the daughter of the wealthy businessman James Odernell. You may also know me by my beautiful mother, Cacy, who is head of a successful modeling company. Most people would think that I would become a fashion star like my mother, being that I inherited her beauty. However, modeling is exactly the opposite of what I want to become. Ever since I was a child, my goal has been to become a top IPF detective, something that my parents have had a hard time considering. I strongly believe that this is the right future for me though, because I’m already exceptional at combat and also want to make an impact on the galactic universe, by serving it through the IPF.

Unfortunately, something that I’ve always struggled with is being sociable. Even though I’m in the top 99.9 percentile for combat and intelligence levels for 15 year olds, not many people accept me. Sometimes, I feel almost alone because I am the only prodigy selected in my province by the IPF for the Galactic University, the most selective college where future IPF leaders are produced. These differences make me stand out, and consequently not many people want to hang out with me. Despite this, I still focus on my goal each day. I will endure the current hardships for however long in order to become an IPF detective.

My very first independent mission filed by the IPF is to capture and bring back a criminal in L.A. Capturing him is essential for me because not only will I spare the L.A. citizens of a crook, but the IPF will also consider promoting me to an actual detective, with minimal training at the Galactic University. As I walk out of the L.A. spaceport, I quickly check my equipment. Everything was there. Finally, I could begin my search.

Things actually went pretty successfully. The girl, Nila Odernell, turned out to be a really cool person. Apparently, she was on a business trip and was, wait for it, single. Yep, single. Naturally, she rejected me, but I still got a beautiful smile and a nice chat. Unfortunately, my golden moment was ruined when I accidentally told her that I was a super-smart genius living alone, because then she pulled out a scanner and asked for my city ID, of which of course I didn't have. Then… she arrested me. Thank you Nila who I once thought wasn’t associated with the IPF.

I think that this Jasper person might be the suspected criminal that I'm looking for. Not only do my instincts tell me this, but some slight details have also given him away. He does not wear any wealthy clothes and does not have any family, yet he is only a teen. So if he isn’t wealthy and doesn’t have any wealthy family members, how is he sustaining himself in this money-draining city? Secondly, he has been the only teen I’ve seen this entire day who has glimpsed the high-tech I have under my coat. That type of recognition is one of a true master, or criminal. With these two reasons I arrested him. That’s when he asked me why I arrested him and how.
I replied, “Jasper, I’m a detective of the IPF, and my mission is to take you in under arrest.”
The look on his face was one of horror and disbelief. I doubt he ever thought that he would be captured. Pointing my MagN-5(firearm capable of emitting a beam of highly intensified magnetic energy which surrounds anything in a 5 meter radius at the point of contact with any solid to form a virtual force field sphere) at him, I notified the L.A.Police. Within minutes, the police arrived and took him away. Lastly, I traced his tracks using a DNA scanner and found his lair. It was actually quite difficult. Jasper had covered up his tracks pretty well, using a few intervals of other people’s and animal’s DNA trails. After about two hours though, I was able to find a common pattern in the direction of Jasper’s trails. Soon I located his hideout and sent the location to the IPF. As I was about to leave however, something caught my eye. It was a small, circular sphere of some sort that looked very sophisticated. I couldn’t help but wonder what it was. So I placed it in my pocket, so that I could examine it further. Then, I started jogging to the local spaceport, located three blocks away. With anticipation firing away in each of my steps, I felt extremely elated. IPF Galactic University, I’m finally coming for you.

Everything happened so quickly. One minute I was flirting with a cute girl, the next minute she turns out to be an evil IPF detective who trapped me with a force field and threw me into prison. Wow, totally unexpected change of plans I guess. And now she’ll probably go on to find my underground base and take everything I possess. I am pretty pissed off right now. Not only is my life ruined, but my life is ruined and I’m gonna die. So far I’ve had a few interrogations with the local police, and they plan to execute me. Great news right! They’ve already given me the time, 12:00 pm Pacific December 1st. So basically I will live out the last of my days in a cell remembering the good ol’ times of when I was in the exact opposite situation. Well, I guess I’m going to start moping now. Please excuse me for a bit, because you might see me going crazy soon.

“All is going well, I presume?”
“Yes, General. The special detective agent you sent has captured the boy. We are preparing for them to be sent to the University. They should be ready in six months.”
“Very good. I expect them to be ready for training by that time. Keep up the good work captain.”
“Yes, sir!”
Once the captain left, General Thane turned back to his screen. He started double-checking the specimen to see if they really had all the necessary capabilities. Soon, he would unleash his new weapon upon the rebels, and the war would end, once and for all.

As the captain left the room, he immediately had chills. The general’s new program would undoubtedly wipe out the rebellion, swiftly ending all hope. The captain would have to notify the council at once. Suddenly, the General appeared.
“Where are you going in such a hurry?” He asked with a suspicious glare.
“Just hurrying to get back to my family for the Holidays sir.” The captain replied nervously, only partly telling the truth.
“Very well captain. Please understand that I was just concerned for the IPF and the entire human race. If these secrets were revealed, the rebellion might attempt an all-out attack before our new program is finished.” Deviously, he added, “we wouldn't want severe casualties on both sides now, would we?”
“Yes sir. The rebellion will come to utter defeat in just a few short years,” replied the  only slightly relieved captain. After the captain saluted, he started walking towards his space shuttle again, feeling the laser like stare of the General. Keeping his own secret identity was proving to be extremely difficult.

Finally, I have reached my goal. Once I step out of this shuttle, the great Galactic Space University, my lifelong dream, will greet my eyes in all its prestige and splendor. There, I will train to be the ultimate detective for the IPF. I had sworn to protect the people of the galactic world, and I intend to by becoming an IPF detective.
“Ladies and gentlemen, we have arrived at the Galactic University. Please disembark in an orderly fashion. Thank you.” Says the automated voice of the shuttle system as our shuttle slowly comes to a halt.
One by one the future IPF leaders and special forces get off, with me leading triumphantly at the front.

Darkness is all I’ve seen for the past I-don’t-even-know-how-long. It feels like I’ve been here for at least a few days. I don’t know what the police did to me, but it certainly isn’t good. Who knows why they’ve done this to me, other than the fact that I’m a notorious criminal who has stolen many valuables including IPF technology and lots of money. Anyways, I have to get out of here! Soon I’m gonna be insane! This darkness, I can already feel it tearing at me, slowly eating my soul, nibbling at my heart. The pain is starting to take over…
Just kidding! But seriously, I have to get out. Maybe if I start feeling around I will find a light switch. As the Great Jasper grovels around on the ground, a door suddenly opens behind him and light floods in.
“You’ve gotta be kidding! There was a door there all along?!?”
Naturally, I run out, hoping to see civilization. However, once I come out, I am instantly apprehended. It turns out that the IPF have brought me out to space, more specifically, an artificial planet.

As I walk out, feeling really good to have finally fulfilled my ambition, another smaller shuttle lands. That’s when the boy named Jasper comes out, looking dazed. The first thought that came to my mind was, how did he escape and arrive here? Then, I realized that he was accompanied by four IPF security guards. I was absolutely perplexed. Why was the criminal here? The only reason for him to be at the Galactic University was if he was going to be studying and training here. Then something bitter inside of me came out. It wasn’t fair that this criminal would get the same rewards as a hard-working and talented prodigy. I suddenly had this urge to go and throttle him, but I controlled myself. I quietly swore to find and assassinate him. I don’t know what he did to obtain the favor of the IPF leaders, but I do know that he is up to no good. I have to  dispose of him before he destroys the Galactic University and my future.

Things are actually going pretty well in my new University (Yep, I finally graduated), even though I am always accompanied by guards. I have no idea what I did to deserve this paradise; beautiful scenery, awesome technology, and delicious foods. The only problem with this is that the IPF have attached a detector to me. That’s precisely why I came up with a new saying, “Wherever I go, the IPF will know”. I guess they just don’t trust an innocent teenager. However, I still have my suspicions. Because I can’t do anything about my situation right now, I’m going to have to play it safe. Tomorrow I have to go to my assigned classes, which is unfortunate. I don’t know anything about actual learning stuff; all I do is tinker with machines. Also, that will take away from my time to think and plan out an escape. Believe me, even though it’s paradise right now, there will be something bad coming. Like I said earlier, I’m suspicious. The IPF had to have a reason for bringing me to the best University to learn and train. I will get to the bottom of this... hopefully before the bad thing arrives.

Well, looks like a glorious morning! I just had the best sleep in approximately 15 years(That’s my lifetime if you didn’t know). This bed was absolutely amazing. I never thought I would be saying this, but I would join the IPF just for the bed. Honestly, I don’t know how they made it like this, but it’s just incredible. Before I escape, I’m going to have to find out a way to take the bed with me. Anyways, let’s go to school! The dreaded Math Class can’t be that hard.

What did I get myself into?!? Not only do I not understand any of this curriculum, but the Nila girl is also in my class. By the way, WHAT THE HECK  IS THE DERIVATIVE OF F PRIME OF G OF X? Sorry for the outburst, but I am honestly scared for my life. If the math problems don’t kill me, then the Nila girl will. I can tell she wants to murder me because she’s looking at me like a crazy butcher! Ironically, it should be the other way around. I should want to kill her after what she did to me. Hopefully, I just made a mistake and overestimated her hate from the dirty look. If not, then I have a feeling that I’m going to be in a lot of trouble.

“Welcome class to day two of your combat training. I hope you all haven’t forgotten my name, but for those who have let me remind you that I am Captain Avery, IPF special forces leader. Today we will be learning how to use the electron-beam, a very helpful weapon when dealing with rebels that you want to take alive. It’s actually quite simple, once you get the hang of it. All you have to do is point the gun and pull the trigger, releasing a beam of highly concentrated electrons, which then briefly stun your opponent by suddenly changing the charge on their body. The average stun time is ten seconds, making it the ideal weapon for all IPF special force agents.”
The Jasper boy immediately raises his hand to ask a question.
“How do the electrons generate? You need a source of electricity, but there are no cables or anything connecting to the gun. It is also is too small to generate its own, so what is used?”
Why did he ask that question? Normally, people would not care about how the product was made, only what it did. I know Jasper is planning something, but I don’t know what. Then I heard the Captain reply in a smooth yet somewhat strained tone.
“Jasper, that is classified information. If the rebels somehow gained the knowledge of our technology, they would figure out a way to combat it. The best for to prevent this is to make the information classified. Even though you are granted special privileges, they don’t extend to classified information until the program initiates. 
Then out of nowhere, the classroom door was suddenly kicked down and Jasper’s guards flooded the room.

It all happened so fast. One minute I was trying to pry information from the Captain, the next I was being thrown to the floor, face down by two of my guards, who I once thought were my friends (Just kidding, I hate em).
“Captain, you know you’re not supposed to give any information about the program.” One of the guards said.
“I know lieutenant, but it won’t change anything. Nothing about the actual program has been revealed, nor will it be until the General permits us to. There’s nothing to worry about.”
The lieutenant lets me go and stands up, then nods to Captain Avery.
“Alright then, I trust you won’t reveal anything to the boy.” He says before walking out the door, his fellow guards right behind him.
After class, I see Nila glaring at me once again. Not so much of a paradise anymore I guess.

Jasper just got taken down by some guards because the Captain told him about some sort of secret program the IPF was generating. The important thing about that though, was that Jasper is part of it. Why would the IPF need a young teenager when they had infinite battalions at their disposal? It seemed that something deeper was going on. First the IPF send a smart teenage criminal to the Galactic University, then they call him one of the selected. I’m going to get to the bottom of this.

The next class that I have is computer science. Jasper is again in the same class with me. As the teacher introduces himself as Rolkan, he walks by my desk and secretly hands me a slip. On it says,

if you want to know why Jasper is in the University, come by my class after school. I also happen to know what the IPF are planning to do with him

Rolkan had put me in a difficult position. He would give me the answers to my suspicions. However, if the IPF found out that I was in Rolkan’s class after his class, I might get in serious trouble. As I arrived at his classroom acting normal yet being cautious at the same time, he welcomed me and told me to sit down. Then, he shut the door and began talking.
“Nila, I know you’re here to find out why Jasper was sent here, but I first need to tell you about the rebellion.”
I suddenly had chills. Rolkan was part of the rebellion, which meant if we were caught, the penalty would be much more severe than suspension; it would be death. 
“Now, I know what you’re thinking. I’m part of the rebellion which means I’m evil. You’re wrong. The rebellion is actually a worthy cause to fight for. I have no idea what you’ve thought the IPF were, but they are corrupt. The IPF has been terrorizing the people on every planet in the galactic universe. The mastermind behind this, believe it or not, is your uncle, General Thane. The General is the one who is power-hungry; he wants to control the Universe. Recently, we acquired some classified information from one of our spies. It turns out that Thane has devised an abominable plan to take out the rebellion, by using a cyborg program. The cyborgs he intends on creating are invincible. Using materials stronger than titanium, these new weapons will be the ultimate killing machines. Fortunately for us, only a select few are actually capable of becoming cyborgs. You and Jasper. So far, only your encephalons, or brains, are able of being mind-controlled by chips without perishing, for some unknown reason. Before you are mind-controlled however, hundreds of microchips must be installed in your cerebrums and cerebellums. Luckily for you two, this process hasn’t happened yet. You still have time; six months approximately. If you truly want to help people, join the rebellion and help us by giving us a fair playing field against Thane. Captain Avery can ferry you and Jasper away safely to the rebel base before he turns you into mindless robots.”
Although I had a slight suspicion that Rolkan was telling the truth, I couldn’t just abandon my whole life’s work. Furthermore, he could just be tricking me to defeat my own allies. So instead of agreeing to help him I said, “I’m notifying the IPF of your betrayal immediately.”
With a look of utter defeat in his eyes, Rolkan took out a small syringe out of his pocket and injected a fluid into himself. Immediately, his body crumpled to the ground, leaving me stunned. I couldn’t believe that he would commit suicide. Although I was able to keep my breathing steady, I couldn’t help but feel the chills running down my back. Whether it was for the good or not, someone just died in front of me. Shakely, I walked out of his room. I would go notify the IPF of Rolkan’s suicide, but keep the rebel plan secret. Before I told the IPF about it, I would need to first verify that it was false, because I had a suspicion that it might be true.

After a few days pondering over my decision, I am still confused. Was I in fact wrong to decline Rolkan’s appeal? Could he really be telling the entire truth? As I reflect on my past, I remember all the questionable actions the IPF had committed. In my assistant missions that were based in the slums of cities, the people there were often beat by the local police and were forced to “donate” to the cause. At the time I didn’t give much thought to it, but I’m finally starting to really doubt the IPF. Could they really be abusing the people, contrary to what they say they do? With my mind finally made up, I go to Captain Avery’s combat room.

I was quietly minding my own business when the Nila girl came up to me.
“Listen, your life and the entire Universe is at stake right now. Captain Avery is currently preparing a shuttle to secretly help us escape to one of the artificial planets. Are you coming or not?” She said in her disgusting liar voice.
“No offence Nila, you may have tricked me once, but you won’t trick me twice. I don’t know what you’re up to, but I do know that you're working with the IPF. So no, I’m not coming.”
I felt like that was a good reply until she knocked me out two seconds later.

As I knocked him out, I felt a twinge of regret. It turns out that he was actually a fairly innocent person who didn’t deserve to be knocked unconscious by me. But I had to do it in order to save him and the rebellion. The plan that Avery had given me was to find Jasper and then steal a shuttle to travel to an artificial planet called Cartek, where apparently the rebellion headquarters was located. The Captain had already prepared the materials needed to hijack the shuttle and disrupt its communication with the IPF. Once we got to the planet, we would need to reinstall the communications antenna and try to communicate with the rebels before the local IPF caught our signal. The IPF would eventually get our signal, but if we sent it right as we entered the atmosphere, then the rebels would be able to take us before the IPF even had time to react. The IPF would probably immediately send their armada to try to capture us, which would be intercepted by the rebel fleet. If all went according to plan, the rebels would take over the IPF base while the IPF were distracted, and then shoot down the IPF with their own sentries. Not only would this be a victory on the planet, but in the entire galactic universe. The victory would be broadcasted everywhere, and everywhere people would flock to the rebellion. The end of IPF terrorism would be the end product of Jasper and I used as bait. I’ll have a lot of explaining to do once Jasper wakes up.

“What! How did they escape? Where is the Captain?” Shouted General Thane in a furious tone.
“Sir, he’s not here. He must have helped them escape.” Replied the scared lieutenant.
General Thane became enraged, a blazing fire erupting within him. One of his most trusted Captains had betrayed him, and had also taken his two most prized weapons.
“Find the refugees and the Captain at once! Do whatever you have to, but don’t let them reach the rebellion.”
“Yes sir.”
Soon, the General would have to take matters into his own hands. He would have end the blasted rebellion once and for all.

Everything had gone according to plan. Nila had brought Jasper to my shuttle, and we had successfully taken off without the IPF knowing. My career is now ruined of course, but I have a new one. A few years ago I swore to protect the Universe from its oppressors as an IPF agent, but now I am protecting it from the IPF. When the IPF was first born, it was supposed to protect free people and help them. Unfortunately, it was infiltrated, like any other human societies by evil. Many high-position leaders became corrupted, like Thane, and started to use the power for their own evil purposes. The rebellion would put a stop to the IPF. With the rebellion growing stronger by the day and the IPF losing their superweapons, we might actually have a chance of winning this war. Hope is what has made the rebellion, and hope is what will free the people. As the planet Cartek nears, I wake Nila and Jasper. It was going to be a treacherous five minute ride.

After hours of explaining by Nila, I finally agreed to the plan. However... I still haven’t forgiven her yet. No matter how she explains things, I still pretty much hate her for ruining my life and getting me into a huge war. I miss my old life, living out on the streets. Good old times. Anyways, back to the war. As we entered Cartek’s atmosphere and broadcasted our signal, rebel fighters appeared all around us. It seems like they were expecting us (I had no idea I was this famous). So while we zoomed towards the ground at extremely, extremely high speeds, the fighters ensured us protection. Finally, our shuttle abruptly came to a stop, and my stomach almost came out. I applaud Captain Avery for getting us here safely, but he seriously needs to work on his piloting skills. When I finally conjured up the strength to stand up and walk out of the shuttle, I was met with the sight of an enormous underground base. It was the rebel headquarters.

Fortunately for me, I was able to arrive at the rebel base safe and sound. However, every second that I stayed in the base, rebels were dying. Currently, there was an enormous battle going on in space, in the air, and on the ground. Rebel fleets were attacking the IPF armada in an air battle, and special forces were besieging the IPF base. The worst part however, is that I have to go back out into the danger zone, because apparently Nila and I have to film a movie. Great! Wish me luck, cause I’m gonna need it. I guess it's back into the realm of hell for me!

Time for the attack. With everyone geared up in combat suits, we are ready to take over the IPF base. The rebellion council has given us the approval, and we have the broadcasts ready. Our squad consists of me, Jasper, Captain Avery, and two cameramen, Michael and Benjamin. Our mission is to film the takeover of the IPF base and show the Universe what the IPF were planning to do to two young teenagers. Brainwash them and make them cyborgs. Once the attack began, we would wait until the IPF base was fully under rebel control. Then, all we had to do was follow the plan. I really wanted to be part of the action, but I knew that this role would be more important. While I am thinking about the risk the rebellion is about to take, the fighting starts.

When the first explosions and screams go off, I immediately get the chills. I’ve always hated fighting, so I’m thankful I’m not actually doing it. But hearing the gunfire and painful screams just makes me want to throw up. As the battle goes on, I slowly become accustomed to the sounds. Then, after around two hours, the sounds gradually fade until there is dead silence. Finally, the Captain gives us the signal to move. As we near the base, I immediately see dead bodies and blood. Rebels and IPF alike lay on the ground unmoving. Fires burn around the outside and smoke fills the air. A couple exhausted rebel guards stand watch outside, letting us in. Once inside, I see even more dead and wounded. Medics are rushing around, trying to save as many people as they can. The stench of burnt flesh is thick in the air. When our squad enters the communications room, a bomb goes off outside. The counterattack by the IPF had begun.

We quickly did our filming and left the base. It turns out that the battle wasn’t over yet. IPF fleet shuttles were quickly swarming the area. The captured IPF base was trying its best to shoot them down, but there were too many. The rebels had underestimated the power of the IPF; there were too many enemy ships. The rebellion had only achieved a short victory, because now they were about to be overwhelmed.

Once we saw what was going on outside, we quickly ran back in. Because of the battle going on outside, we would have to go underneath, through an underground sewer tunnel. Even inside the tunnel it turned out that there had been fighting between the rebels and IPF. Luckily for us, the IPF were currently only attacking from the air. As we ran through the dark tunnel, I suddenly heard shots all around me. A squad of five IPF appeared in front of us. Captain Avery pulled out his own weapon, only to immediately get shot. Somehow, Jasper pulled out a deranged contraption that shot a wave of electricity! All five IPF went down.
“Hurry!” Avery yelled in a pained voice as blood flowed out of his wound. “Leave me and go take down the General. He is the head of the IPF. Only by killing him can the war end. Find the other rebels and help them as best as you can.” As he died, he grabbed my hand and whispered, “I believe in you”. Finally, his eyes closed and his grip slackened. Then, out of nowhere, Jasper started crying. Tears started filling up my own eyes as well. “Let’s move,” I said to him. “We have to go.” We soon came out of the tunnel where rebel reinforcements found us. Jasper told the commander all that had happened and he sent us back to the rebel base with an escort. The rebels suffered a defeat that day, but we came out alive and I’ve decided to avenge Captain Avery. I would personally go take down Thane.

“Jasper, we have to go assassinate the General. You heard what Avery said. The General is the head of the IPF. If we take him out, the war will stop.”
“Nila, first of all, it's three in the morning. Can’t this wait till tomorrow?” He said, oblivious to what's at stake. I can’t believe I’m going to have to knock him out again. We have to kill the General in order to stop the war before more lives are lost. Also, I need him to assist me in the technical side of things. In order for us to infiltrate IPF headquarters, we need to use the CAT97. Since Jasper is the only one who knows how to use it, I need him to come. So I grab him by the collar of his shirt and knock him out again. He would understand.

My head is really starting to hurt now. You’d think twice would be bad enough, but three?!? I might as well just turn my head into a punching bag! Before Nila knocked me out, she went to talk with the rebel council about assassinating the General. After a close vote process, the council decided to grant Nila and I permission to go kill ourselves on a dangerous mission. So... now Nila and I are on a space shuttle traveling towards the IPF headquarters, home to an evil General of the IPF forces who wants to turn us into mindless machines. It’s funny how she asked people who weren’t even on the mission if it was ok, but not me, someone who is on it. She could’ve at least told me before injecting me with narcotics (basically, making me go into a coma). Sheesh! Now I’m forced to go with her. We’re totally not going to die on this field trip! At least I’ll be remembered as Jasper, the Awesome Hero! By the way, Nila is actually a pretty nice person if she’s not trying to arrest you, knock you unconscious, or injecting drugs into your body. Just letting you other future prospective daters know.

I can’t believe how much I’ve changed in the last month. I’ve went from a loyal IPF prodigy to a rebellious fugitive assassin. Back when I was all in for IPF, I was a cold, heartless killing machine, not much better than what they wanted to make me. Now that I look back, I’m glad to have joined the rebellion. It has shown me my true path to protect the people. Ever since I was little, I wanted to help others by becoming an IPF. Now I finally realized what I must do. If I want to protect the freedom of people, I must join the people. The IPF was created to protect the public, yet it became corrupted and used its power to abuse the community. In order for things to be set right, the power of the IPF must go to the population, and not just individuals among them, and I intend to help make that reality.

Its finally time. Time to get a watch! Ha, that was a good one. Actually, it sounded a lot better in my mind. But since we are on the subject of time, it's time for Nila and I to go assassinate the General. Ever since Nila gave me my CAT97 back, I’ve been extremely optimistic. Why? Because now we have a chance to defeat the IPF! First I used it to get a map of IPF headquarters. With that map I found the perfect entrance to get in. A secret door near the sewers is opened by IPF high-ranking officials’ IDs. Using the CAT97 to hack into the system, I can easily find the barcode of General Thane’s ID. By projecting this barcode onto the door detector, it should open. Then when we get inside, there will be more doors to get through that all require Thane’s ID before we arrive at his living quarters. There, I will hide and eat his food (I heard he has good pie) while Nila assassinates him. Any guards along the way Nila will take care of. One-hundred percent foolproof plan.

As we quietly fall downwards through the atmosphere, I feel like somebody's watching us. With the IPF Headquarters being only a few miles away, someone actually might be. When we are close to the ground, our gliders simultaneously unfold. We swiftly glide to the sewers without anyone noticing. Once inside, Jasper takes out his CAT97 and I take out all my essential weapons. We’re both wearing combat suits with high-tech camouflage, so fighting the guards might not be necessary. However, in the case that the camouflage doesn't work, my weapons will be invaluable. As we silently prowl towards the door, a guard comes out. Luckily for us, the camouflage works. After surveilling the area, he marches back inside. I hear Jasper sigh in relief. Then, I quickly beckon him to go unlock the door and he gives me a thumbs up. As he gets closer to the door, he projects the ID onto the detector. It opens smoothly. Then I rush in behind him. When we turn the corner, a group of guards barricade the hallway.

My first thought was, “We’re dead.” However, once I looked closer at the guards, I realized that they had no idea we were there. The only slight problem was that they were blocking the only hallway we could go through. As I was pondering over the situation, Nila went crazy. First she ran towards the group of guards, then started doing some Karate stuff. I don’t know how, but she subdued all of them within seconds. The perks of having an ex-IPF prodigy I guess. Along the rest of the way, we encountered individual guards, which we just snuck by. Finally, after my awesome brain powers and Nila’s sneaky assassin powers, we finally made it to Thane’s room. Once I looked in, my eyes started popping out. His room was luxurious beyond imagination. Believe me, I’ve seen quite a few rich people houses, but this was absolutely insane. Imagine what you could buy with a house full of gold. Thane’s room was approximately worth about a BILLION TIMES that amount. The technology inside alone was worth a fortune. As Nila prepared to capture Thane, I started wandering around, exploring the machines and contraptions. “Jasper, what are you doing! Get into hiding.” She suddenly yelled. Geez, couldn’t she have been more quiet? People with anger issues these days. Since she was about to kill me if I didn’t hide, I meekly did what she wanted me to. First I found a nice, soft bed. Then I hid underneath the sheets. In my opinion, it was the best hiding spot. Then, I heard the doors open.

As the doors slid open, I jumped out from behind the coat rack to find a humongous robot, Thane. His entire body including his face was a shiny, metallic substance.  As I immediately pulled the trigger on my electron-beam, he kicked me with the reflexes of cat and the strength of a bull, sending me sprawling across the floor. “Well well, who do we have here? My former prodigy and traitor niece it seems.” Thane laughed at me. “I thought you were trained better than that.” My stomach ached, but I had to take him down. Before he finished his sentence, I tried to sweep him off his feet. Yet again, he was able to counter my move. “Is that really all you have?” He scoffs. Then, he takes out his own electron-beam and points it at me. “Which one of my officers helped you get in my base?” As I look at him, a completely insane machine, I realize that he had me beaten. Now,  Jasper was the only hope left. I silently hoped he had a backup plan.

First I heard the door open, then some scuffling and grunting. Finally, I heard Thane’s voice gloating. My stomach was suddenly knotted. How did Thane win, even with the element of surprise and Nila against him? I thought things through slowly. If Nila had the strength and speed of a superhuman, then what powers did Thane have to beat her? Suddenly, I realized what he truly was.

As I slowly creeped up from behind like a lizard(I have many hidden talents), I heard Thane’s voice growing louder. It seemed like this guy loved bragging a lot. Reminds me of myself, except I actually deserve to boast. I’m the one that’s risking my life to save everyone living in this universe, so if boasting rights go to anyone, it should be me! Anyways, before I made my magnificent move, I checked my newly updated, extremely ugly electron-beam. I had modified the already modified weapon to suite my purpose. Instead of it being able to shoot a wave of electricity over a long period of time like before, I remodeled it to shoot a massive burst that would fry any electric circuit at once. Also, I would probably die because of the huge energy output, but it doesn’t matter. I’m already going to be remembered as Jasper, The Awesome Hero who attempted to make scrambled eggs out of an evil dictator. Thane, please just get fried so Doomsday doesn’t happen.

“Hold your hand up Thane!” Jasper shouted from across the room, pointing a deranged electron-beam. I couldn’t believe it! He actually had the guts to stand up against Thane. However, I couldn’t see how he would be able to accomplish that. Thane had unreal speed and strength that I had never seen before. No one had ever beaten me in combat before. Thane replied in a metallic voice. “You think you're electron-beam will do any good for you? In case you haven’t guessed, I am now an unstoppable Cyborg!”
Evilly grinning, he adds, “You cannot defeat me with either an atomic bomb or a super virus, because I am merged with an indestructible, incredibly-rare material! This material is harnessed from within the powerful stars themselves, and because of that it contains amazing properties. It is light and flexible, yet stronger than any other substance as well. By simply replacing all of my body except for the brain with circuits and this material, I’ve become an invincible super machine. My flesh is no use anymore, and neither are you two. I once thought that two servant cyborgs would be needed, but now I’ve realized that all I need is myself! With this immense power, I will go from planet to planet, uprooting the rebellion single-handedly.” As Thane jumped towards Jasper, Jasper pulled the trigger. A huge blast followed a blinding white flash and everything went dark.

Me and Nila both woke on the same day, which means that my plan had worked! Thane might have been an extremely powerful cyborg, but he wasn’t invincible. When we finally had enough strength to talk, the first question we asked was what had happened. It turns out that “Evil Cyborg Thane” was in the process of becoming a cyborg. Many of his electrical preventions weren’t installed yet (kids, this is why you shouldn’t be c***y), which was extremely lucky for us because even without his full electrical prevention system, most electron-beams were insignificant to him. Take note that I said most. My modified electron-beam was probably fifty-one times more powerful, and about a thousand times more dangerous. So far, it's the only one that has the capabilities to take down a 99.9% completed cyborg, which means I made a new record! Anyways, Nila and I are still going to be stuck in the hospital for a while. The electricity might have not been directed at us, but some of it still branched off in the room, electrocuting us in the process. Once we are all healed up though, we’ll have new lives! The IPF is now in the council’s hands, and the council in the people’s. IPF forces will now actually protect us, and they will unite with the rebellion force, beginning a new era of democracy and peace (Just thinking about it makes me want to cry). Nila and I will continue our training at the Galactic University, and the best part is that I don’t have to be in math class anymore!

“Lidia Odernell, son of Jasper and Nila, please step forward to receive your full scholarship to the Galactic University!” Announces the General of the IPF. As I see my daughter step forward to shake the General’s hand, I notice some suspicious-looking people among the crowd. Ever since Thane was destroyed by Jasper, his ex-accomplices have disappeared without a trace. I have tracked and arrested many of them already, but none of which used to be in his elite board. Taking a quick glance once more at the suspects, I signal to my team. Then, I press my device to activate code red. Immediately, sirens go off and everyone starts panicking. My daughter along with the General are ushered to the military shuttle. Out of nowhere huge explosions go off and I am knocked to the ground by the blast. When I am able to slowly get back up, I see Thane’s old conspirators, wearing masks of black, positioned everywhere among the wild crowd. As IPF forces move in from air and ground, the conspirators suddenly disappear, leaving wounded and dead all over the place. As Jasper would say, I am too old for this. Nevertheless, I must go find these criminals, in order to ensure the safety of my daughter and all who live in this Universe. Thane might be gone, but evil wasn’t. As long as it existed, I would continue to fight.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.