A Princess Story- The Hidden Princess | Teen Ink

A Princess Story- The Hidden Princess

By C.M.Childress, Shleby, Alabama
C.M.Childress, Shleby, Alabama

Author's note:

What inspires me to countinue writing is what my late grandmother, Linda, told me the last we spoke before her passing. She said "Listen to me Cris. Always be brave, never break a promise, don't lie, and countinue to write because you've got a head full of amazing stories." When I said "Please don't leave me grandma." She tells me "I'm not leaving you, you'll never be alone because I'll be there for you as a gaurdian angel."

"Emily... Emily, are you awake?" Alex, I think, asks me quietly. As I sit up and my eyes start to adjust, he smiles and says"Get dressed, and maybe we could get to the village before the rest of the group does." "Alex, you know you'll be in hot water if Emma catches you in her house in my room." "Well then," he says "be quick about it and I won't get caught!" I smile and say "Then get out so I can get ready!" I watch him slide down the tree, then walk over to the closet and pull out one of my favorite dresses that I only wear on special occasions. I put it on and turn to my vanity. I put my hair into a long braid that sits past my shoulders, and turn to the window. "Alex are you ready for me to come down?" "Yeah. Remember slide down the tree just like we practiced, and be careful." Alex says waiting by the tree with his horse. I step onto the branch as carefully as I can, and within 3 minutes my feet touch the ground.

Alex is waiting on his horse and right as I step up, and sit behind him the leaves begin to rustle. We then hear 2 familiar voices arguing "I swear to you that I am telling the truth! I heard strange noises in Emily's room. Something doesn't feel right." Evelyn says. Just as Alex goes to turn his horse towards the road to the church, Emma and Lucas walk around the corner. "Emily... Emily! What do you two think you are doing?" At first I don't see anyone but then I look up and see Emma - with her hands on her hips. "Hey guys!" I exclaim, jumping down from behind Alex. He also climbs down from his horse. "We...we're just coming to find you." I say shyly. "Likely story!" says Lucas, Alex's older brother. "So where exactly were you going?" Evelyn asks me as she steps out of our house. "We have..." I start "Some important news that all of you should know." Alex finishes "Ok, what is it?" Lucas asks putting his arm around Emmalynn's waist. I look at Alex, he looks at me and at the same time we exclaim "We're getting married!" After most of the noise dies down I turn towards Emmalynn and Evelyn and ask "Will both of you be my bridesmaids?" "Of course!" they exclaim. Lucas walks over to Alex and says "You know if you don't treat her right you'll have me to deal with." Alex looks at him and says "Do you think I would ever hurt her, you..." but before he can finish Emmalynn stops him "I swear! You boys and your petty brotherly arguments have gone on for too long! Just get over the fact that both of you can be morons, and quit arguing!" she exclaims. As the brothers start to open their mouths Emma says "Don't make me get Grandma Alice!" Before either of them can give a good comeback we hear the sound of approaching horses. We all turn around and see one of the kingdom's carriages pulling to a stop in front of Grandma Alice's house. "Why is there a royal carriage visiting this far from the castle?" Evelyn asks "No clue." Lucas says. The carriage stops and a man dressed in a coat with the royal crest steps out. He turns back to help an older lady in a long hooded cloak. He walks her up to Alice's door and knocks, waiting patiently for an answer. As they wait we all come closer to Grandma's house.

As the door is opened, the visitor pulls back the hood of her cloak and I'm immediately shocked! The guest from the palace is my old nursemaid and Nanny, Anna Rose!

"Hello Alice, we're here on official business from the castle. I am looking for a young lady around the age of 18. Might you be able to assist me?" Before Grandma Alice can answer Alex says "Maybe we could help you, Sir and Ma'am ,if you give us more information." The advisor looks at me then says "The girl would look a lot like her!" He steps towards me, but is stopped when Alex steps in front of me protectively. "Alex!" I whisper in his ear "There is no need for that, can I talk to him and his friend?" "Fine." Alex says stepping back and wrapping his arm around my waist. "Sir, I think it would be best if you looked somewhere else for the girl." I suggest to him. He smiles and says "Yes, we most likely should, could you please keep a look out for a girl that would have come to the village around 3 years ago." He starts to walk back to the carriage, but is stopped when he hears Lucas say "Hey Emily! I just thought about something: we celebrated your 18th birthday last month, and you also came to the village 3 years ago!" "Don't be absurd, Emily is not wanted by kingdom officials! If she was she would tell us..." Alex says pushing me behind him. The lady steps over to Alex and says "Please allow me to introduce myself and my escort. I am Anna Rose Parrish and he is Sir Lance Stafson. The girl we are looking for is not a criminal, in fact she is the rightful heir to the throne. If this girl is in fact the Princess Emily Celeste Anders Maraz, then she must be brought to the castle at once!"

Alex loosens his grip on me and says "Emily, maybe we should go inside and talk to Grandma's visitors. We step inside Grandma's sitting room and Alex and I take a seat across from Sir Lance and Nana. Lucas tries to follow his brother inside but Grandma shoos him and Emma and Eve back out the door with a request for some of Emma's warm cakes and fresh tea from the bakery.

"Well now, where to start?" says Grandma Alice. the room has fallen silent with Sir Lance unsure of how to proceed. I feel like a bug under a looking glass as we wait for the "talk" to begin. Nana finally breaks the silence by leaning forward, looking into my eyes and asking "Celeste dear why did you leave without saying Goodbye to me?" As I think back to that terrible night it all comes flooding back and I begin to panic.

I shake my head and look into her eyes "Nana... I-I can't do this. I'm so very sorry, I-I just can't!" I exclaim as I run from the house and towards the bakery. As I run away I realize there is no point in running from my past. They will never give up pursuing me!

Before I realize what is happening I trip and hit my head on the top step. As I slip into unconsciousness I think of the things that pushed me to run away from the castle: the very night I lost my parents to murder. That was one of the reasons, but the true reason is this: I couldn't save the ones I loved. My father, my mother, and saddest of all: my unborn sibling.

I remember that night all to well. It began like most except that I wasn't feeling too well, so my mother asked my nursemaid, Nana as I called her, to take me to my room and help me to settle in. She put the covers around me and told me she would be just down the hall if she was needed. As she started to close the door she said "Good night Celeste, I will come check on you in the morning." Around 12:45 in the morning I heard a noise in the hall, so being the curious girl I was I investigated and was shocked by what I saw. I opened the door enough to see out, but not enough for someone to see in. In the hall I saw people with wings! Huge feathered wings that went all the way to the floor. These must be some of the mysterious People of the North that my father was always telling me stories about.

Then I realized a few things:

1. It wasn't even daylight yet, so why were they even here in our family chambers. Why not visit the main audience chamber during the day?

2. They had weapons, and were entering ... Momma and Poppa's room!

3. No alarm had been sounded and no guards were anywhere to be seen, not even my friend Violet the daughter of the Head Guard.

I quietly closed the door and ran over to a secret closet that very few people knew about. Not 1 minute after I closed the closet door, my door is opened. I hear heavy breathing and deathly quiet steps and know that I must be completely calm and quiet. Then I heard someone say "The girl isn't here!" Then their leader, I'm guessing said "Don't bother we took care of the king and queen. Our actions tonight should break off any talks of peace between our nations. The sun is starting to rise, we need to go! Now!"

Time had stopped for me. I waited in shock for voices that I knew. I began to hear them" We've searched high and low and we can't find her anywhere!" I then heard Nana as she asked a guard to follow her. "I think I might know of one more place to look. She may be hiding where she and the King used to play, in the space between their bedrooms." I listened as they entered my room and approached my closet door. "Celeste dear it is safe please come out." I slowly opened the door. "Thank god, Celeste I have found you! Are you hurt?" She asks me.

I shake my head no and then weakly whisper "Where are Momma and Poppa?" She looked at me with a sad expression and I understood. I put my head on her arm and started to cry. She knelt down and hugged me "Celeste! It will be okay." I wanted to believe her but I couldn't.

I made my choice, I ran away. 15 miles away stood a small village of roughly 60 people. Almost a week after my parents' burial, the small village of Queen's Town welcomed their newest member: Emily Anders.

This chapter is told through the point of view from the main character Celeste. While she was uncouncious during these events, her friends told her what happened. That is why she's able to tell what happened.

Alex finds me shortly after I slip into unconsciousness, he scoops me up and carries me to the others. Sir Lance sees me and rushes over. "Thank god you found her! I think it would be best if I take her back to the castle for proper medical attention." he says walking over to take me from Alex's arms and is met by Lucas reaching for his sword. "Please Sir, don't touch her!" he tells the advisor "Let us take care of her. We know her and she feels safe here." "Very well, but I expect all of you to keep this quiet! I shall return to the palace and send back an escort to bring her and her young man." "You should leave now Sir. I promise you no harm will come to her while I and my brother are around." Alex says. A few minutes later I am lying on my bed with Alex and Nana sitting beside me surrounded by my friends. Evelyn steps out to get some water and as she reenters Alex asks her a question. "Isn't your dad a doctor?" "Yeah, but if you want to know about him then you need to talk to Emma. I can't tell you much because I haven't seen him since I came here with Emma and Mom, and I was only 6 when we moved here." So reluctantly he turns to Emmalynn and asks about her dad. "He always talked about his different medical accomplishments, and never really cared about us. While he was gone weeks at a time catering to famous people, I had to help Mom in the bakery and take care of Evelyn." "He wasn't all bad Emma." Evelyn says "Besides he was good enough to deliver the king and queen's only child." and just like that the room became very quiet.

"What is going to happen to you and Emily once she wakes up?" Lucas asks looking at Alex. "I don't honestly know!" Nana then speaks up "In my opinion, it all depends on which life Emily chooses. Will She be Emily Anders or Celeste Maraz?" Lucas then says "Just because she chooses a life doesn't mean you have to blindly follow! You are my brother and I want YOU to be happy!" Lucas exclaims "I don't need a lesson in life from you! I don't care what life awaits Emily and I, I love her and I'm not going to listen to you and lose the one I love!" Alex exclaims "If you're going to turn on Emily so easy the I don't want you around her! Get out of here!" That night he stayed in my room and only let Evelyn and Emmalynn and Nana around me.

Very early the next morning Alex was sitting beside me with everyone, they had given up hope on me waking anytime soon. Alex talked to me even then because he was sure that deep down I could hear him, and amazingly that was what pulled me from the haze of that one awful memory and into good ones, recent ones that reminded me that I have a family waiting for me in reality. So I listen to his voice and push myself to wake. "Alex." I mumble and I'm met with a hand in mine and the room erupts.

As I am sitting down at our kitchen table, Alex brings me a cup of tea and one of Emma's delicious fresh baked sticky buns. All of a sudden there is a knock at the door. We all become quiet and finally Nana says "That must be your escort Emily. Her name is Violet and she's here to make sure we get back safely." "Nana! What are you doing here?" I ask standing to give her a hug "Don't be mad but when I saw your head injury I knew I just had to stay with my not-so-little-anymore Celeste." She tells me using my first name for the first since our confrontation  "How did you know where I was?" I ask "There is a old friend of mine, named Alice. She told me there was a poor orphan girl named Emily Anders that is dating one of her grandsons and how all the village kids got together and threw her an 18th birthday party. Honey, we will have time to catch up later but now we have a trip to make." Everyone except Alex files out behind her and I take that time to tell him my decision "Alex, I- I think I should go back to the castle and become Queen. I hope you will be my King" I tell him. "Good because that's what the Advisor, Sir Lance, would like us to do. After you fell, he and Lucas and I had a brief chat. He's going back to the palace and sending an escort back for us. Get dressed and we'll go when our escort arrives." he says with a smile.

I head up to my room and put on my best clothes and walk down the stairs. My friends and soon to be family smile at me. "I have learned to trust and hope for more because of you, all of you will be on our minds every day." I say as Alex joins me at the bottom stair. Everyone hugs us and says something like "We'll miss you, good luck." the usual. "Don't worry, as soon as we get settled I'm sending for all of you to join us." I tell them. Finally we enter the living room and are met by a girl no older than us. As she turns to face us, I realize it's my friend Violet!

"Hello, my name is Violet Stafson. I am the leader of the royal guard, are you Celeste Maraz?" She asks me "Yes, and this is my fiance Alex Rossina. I'm ready to face my past, and step up to do my duty for my kingdom. Hopefully with Alex by my side." I tell her. "That is wonderful, Sir Lance told me I may have to convince you. He was worried that you might not come back to the palace without a fight. The council will also love the idea that you have a fiance. Please follow me." She says leading the way to the royal carriage. I step in first and once Alex and Nana are sitting comfortably the doors are closed and we start back to the castle.

"This trip will only take two hours at most. Once we get there you will be celebrated with a feast and such." Violet tells us. I look outside and realize it is getting dark and a storm is approaching. "There looks to be an incoming storm, will that slow our trip any?" I say to no one in particular. "I doubt it will mess with the trip, I think you and Mr. Rossina should get some rest." Violet says. As I start to drift off I hear Alex say "Violet call me Alex. Okay?" I drift off to a warm chuckle from Nana. 

"Princess Celeste, we will be arriving at the castle soon. I'd suggest you fix your hair and such. If you want I could get the driver to stop for a few minutes, so you and Prince Alex can freshen up." Violet tells me when I wake. "I would like that." I tell her. Violet attracts the driver's attention and says "The Princess and Prince ask that we stop for a few minutes." "Yes, Lady Violet." says the carriage driver as he pulls the horses to a stop. I notice that Violet flinches when he addresses her as "Lady."

Alex gets out and then helps me and Nana down. I look towards the edge of the woods and see a small stream. "Look Alex, it's a brook! Maybe we could go freshen up over there." I say looking at Violet "I see no problem with that." She tells me. We spread out along the bank of the small stream, I put my hands in first and let the water wash away the dust from our ride. After that I wash my face, I get back to the carriage right as everyone else does. "Ready to go?" Alex asks me. "Yeah." I say stepping into the carriage. When we get to the castle, we have to close the carriage curtains because the crowds are so thick.

We finally get into the entryway stairs 2 people are waiting for us. As we get closer I realize that one of them is Sir Lance. The other is a young man dressed in palace guard attire. As the carriage pulls to a stop, the young guard steps forward to help Violet down from her horse. She takes a moment to say a few private words to him and the only part that we catch is "Thank you Andrew. Please inform the Council of our arrival."

The next morning the castle is buzzing with energy, because my coronation is only 3 days from now! Dress after dress has been laid on my bed, waiting for me to choose one. After going through them for an hour or so I find the one. It is a dark blue dress, with flower designs made from lace sewn into the fabric. In the middle of each flower there is a single silver gem. The days pass and before I know it, the night before my coronation is here. I'm standing at my mirror, holding my dress over me when I hear a knock at my door. I put the dress down and say "Come in." Alex walks in and says "I just wanted to see if you were settling into the room okay." He walks over and gives me a kiss. I smile and say "I'm so excited about tomorrow, I can hardly think about sleep right now! Though I know that I need sleep to be at my best." "Don't worry, you'll get rest." he tells me as he starts for the door. "Love you Celeste. Get some sleep, okay?" he says walking out the door. I put my dress back in the closet, and get into bed..

Around 6:00 the next morning, I start to wake myself. At 6:30 someone taps at my door, I walk over and open it. "Good morning, Celeste! Can I come in?" Nana asks "Of course!" I say letting her in. "I thought maybe I could help you get ready for your coronation, that way we can talk and catch up some." She tells me "Okay!" I say walking over to the closet. "Do you like the dress I chose?" I ask when I hold it up. "Celeste it's gorgeous!" She exclaims. For about 2 solid hours she tries different hairstyles and we finally settle on my hair put at a half way braid to the side and the other half sweeping across my right shoulder in curls. "Thank you so much Nana!" I exclaim "I'm happy to spend my last few hours here with you." She says with a sigh. "What do you mean, are they not going to give you a job here again?" I ask "Sadly, they said they have no use for me." She says. "They might not have a use for you, but I do. Will you be my personal helper until I have a baby, then when I do you will be his or her nursery maid!" I ask her. "Celeste thank you!" She exclaims.

A few seconds later we hear a knock at the door. "Coming!" I say looking at Nana, we walk over and before I open the door I look at her and say "Here goes." "Good morning Princess, follow me to the ceremony." says Sir Lance "Of course." I say. We walk down the hall and find Alex in his room. "Morning.... Celeste you look stunning!" he tells me "Thank you, Prince Alex." I tease him. He smiles and kisses me "I think I'm going to like being here with you." he tells me. As we're walking to the main sanctuary Nana comes up to me and Alex. "So you are the young lad that is going to marry my Celeste." She asks looking at Alex "Yes, you must be the lady that helped to raise Celeste, you were the only person that she'd speak of from her past." Soon we come to the main sanctuary, and Sir Lance asks us to wait. "I'm so nervous!" I say taking a deep breath. "Calm down Celeste." Alex says giving me a kiss. I see the doors start to open and grab his hand. We walk down the aisle and up to the podium. The priest looks at me and asks"Lady Celeste, in the traditions of your Mother, Father, and Kingdom do you promise to rule with a fair and just heart?" I look at Alex and then look back to the priest "Yes." The priest smiles and says "Then, I happily give Silverton your new Queen!" He steps back and lets a person come up and place a crown atop my head, in fact it was a crown fashioned to look like my mother, Queen Isabella's. I now stand at the balcony doors holding Alex's hand, and awaiting the call of Sir Lance. The doors open and we walk out onto the balcony. "May I present to you," Sir Lance says "Queen Celeste and Prince Alex!" We hold our intertwined hands up and the crowd erupts.

That night Alex visits me in my room again. I smile when he walks into the room and asks "Are they ever going to let us share a room?" I laugh and say "They will once we're married. I don't want to rush into anything but I've been thinking." He walks over and sits on the edge of my bed by me. "About?" He asks "About giving the kingdom a prince or princess." I say quietly "You aren't the only one." Alex says giving me a kiss. "Try to get some rest, okay Alex." I tell him as he walks over to the door. "I will." he says walking out.

Knowing that my wedding has been moved up to 3 weeks from now I walk over to my sitting room, and try to design a wedding dress. I settle on this design: A long, flowing dress that has lace roses at the base, and a silk ribbon at the front. At 9:50 I'm finally satisfied with my design, so I take the paper and place it on my nightstand.

I'm awakened at 7:00 the next morning by someone knocking at my door. I quickly grab my robe and say "Come in." Nana walks through the door and asks "Morning Celeste, have you started working on a dress for your wedding?"

"Yes, this is the design I like the most." I say handing her the paper from last night. "What a beautiful dress!" She exclaims "Nana, do you mind if I call you by your first name?" I ask her "No not at all." she says "Okay, Anna Rose will you give me away at my wedding?" I ask "I'd be honored!" She says "Good then you will also be helping me with preparations."

The next morning Nana enters the room followed by Emma and Eve. "Look who I found downstairs!" says Nana. "Oh!" I exclaim "I'm so glad you finally made it!" "Violet, please let me introduce you to Emmalynn and Evelyn, my best friends from Queen's Town." Violet had come to talk to me after meeting with the Council late last night. Violet pauses for a second before speaking. "Pleased to meet you, I hope you both enjoy your stay with us." With Anna Rose's help we are ready for the wedding and all we have to do is decorate the halls, and then we wait. 

I look into the mirror and smile "The dress is just as I imagined it!" I exclaim "Celeste you look gorgeous." Violet says "I know!" I say happily. Eve and Emma quickly chime in "It's perfect!" they say together. "Can you believe tomorrow is the wedding!" "Time does fly. Just remember we have to be at the main chapel in 20 minutes, for the rehearsal of the wedding." Violet reminds me. "I know, but I can't do the rehearsal in my wedding dress." I say "Why?" Violet asks me. "It's considered bad luck if the groom sees the bride in her wedding dress before the wedding." Emma says.

We rehearse the wedding and then I go back to my room. Violet heads off to check the final security details with Andrew and Sir Lance. Eve heads off to explore my Poppa's library. Emma is in the kitchen trading recipes with Ms. Cook, with Lucas by her side. I gave Nana the evening off so that she and Grandma Alice can catch up.

I'm looking in the mirror, trying to decide what style I should do my hair, when I hear a knock at my door. "Come in." I say sitting on the edge of my bed. Alex walks in and sits next to me on the bed. "Hey, ready for tomorrow?" He asks "Ready to marry the most amazing fiancee ever? Of course I am." I say. He smiles and gives me a kiss. "I need to get back to my room before anyone realizes I'm gone. I guess they didn't want me to see you until tomorrow at the ceremony." He admits "Alex! You need to get back to your room then." I say. As he walks to the door he says "Get some sleep, okay My Queen." "I will." I say with a smile.

I go to sleep at 9:00 and I'm so excited that I wake up at 6:00 the next morning. Around 6:50 someone taps at my door. I walk over and smile when I open it. "Morning Anna Rose!" I say as she walks through the door. She smiles and says "Where is the dress?" "In my closet, with Emma's and Eve's bridesmaids dresses. I think we should do my hair, nails and such first." I say "you're right sit down right over here." She says pointing to my vanity "Okay!" I say. Emma and Eve join us around 7:30. By 8:45 all we have to do is wait. Then the time finally comes. We hear a knock at the door, "Just a minute!" I say as Anna Rose puts the veil on my head and then puts my "Queen's Crown" atop it.

I take a deep breath and ask her to open the door. "Good morning my Queen." Violet says "Please follow me to the ceremony." As we walk to the main sanctuary I get butterflies in my stomach. "I'm so nervous!" I say looking at Anna Rose. She responds "Calm down Celeste, remember I'm here for you to the very end." We stop at the doors and that gives Anna Rose a chance to make sure everything is perfect, well as perfect as it can be. I hear the music start and try to stay calm as the doors open. I walk down the aisle and smile when I see Alex standing there. The wedding was everything I ever imagined. It was perfect!

After our honeymoon the castle settles down some and we can finally do things around the castle. Alex and I can move into one room. Violet has to do a huge security scan of the castle every day, and train with the royal guard once a week. Also Anna Rose help a lot around the castle in places like the kitchen and  yet both of them still found time to help me pack everything from my room into boxes, now all we have to do is move the boxes into the bigger room that Alex and I will share. "Morning Alex!" I say giving him a kiss "Told you they'd let us share a room, once we were married." I tease him "Okay, I give." Alex says "I'm just upset that you have to leave tomorrow, and won't be back until three weeks from now!" I exclaim putting my clothes in my closet. Alex walks over and wraps his arms around me. "Hey, I can make up for all of those nights you'll have without me tonight." he says "Alex!" I exclaim smiling. After 4 long hours of work, the room is finally how we want it. Alex walks over and sits next to me on the bed. He wraps his arm around me and says "Now, about that thing I said earlier." "Alex we still have to go to that meeting-" Alex silences my thought with a kiss. "Well..... The meeting is set to take place in a few hours, we still have some time to ourselves." I say with a smile.

I wake to cold sheets on Alex's side of the bed, and sigh. It has been more than three weeks since he left, and he is still handling business on the other side of the kingdom! To make matters worse, I haven't been feeling well for the past few days. Both Anna Rose and Violet are trying to get me to go to the castle doctor, but I don't want to make a fuss over nothing. As I start to sit up I suddenly feel dizzy, I sit for a minute the force myself up. At that point Anna Rose comes into the room. "Celeste, I've told you that you need to stop pushing yourself too hard!" She exclaims setting me back down on the bed.

"Anna!" I exclaim "Alex is not here right now. That means that I, being queen, have to keep the castle in good condition!" "Celeste, the castle is fine, you are not. That is why I am making you go to the castle doctor!" "Ok, but we need to go pick up Emma, Evelyn, and Lucas first." I tell her "You will be going to the castle doctor after that!" She says gently pushing me out the door. We stop and pick up Emma and Evelyn, and have a guard show Lucas to his room.When we get to the tower, I'm still upset with Anna.(Though by the end of this visit I will be thanking her.)

"Do I really have to visit the doctor?" I ask looking at Anna, when we get to the stairs inside the tower. "Yes, I'm worried about you Celeste!" and as if to prove something wasn't right I suddenly became dizzy. "Oh!" I say doubling over. "Celeste!" Anna exclaims, she grabs my arm and sits me against the wall. "I'm going to get the doctor. Girls stay with her please? I will be just a minute!" She tells me, Emma, and Evelyn . Not 5 minutes later she and the doctor come running down the steps. "Queen Celeste, Whatever is wrong?" The doctor asks me "I don't know! I get dizzy easily, I get sick, and feel sick all through the day. What is wrong with me?" I tell him "I won't know until I can examine you. Can you stand now?" He says.

All of a sudden the dizziness goes away. "I think so." I mumble, so with Anna, Emma, Evelyn and the doctor's help I make my way up the steps. When we get to his office, I can support myself without their help. My soon to be sisters-in-law wait outside by the door. "I'm glad you came to me when you did," the doctor says after we get into his office. "Is it something bad?!" I ask fright filling my voice. "No. I've thought about your results, and I think I know what is giving you all these symptoms." He tells me "What is it." I ask "I think it will be better if I show you." he says reaching into his medical bag.

He pulls out his stethoscope and walks over, then sits in front of me "Just stay still, and breathe evenly." the doctor tells me. He puts the metal piece to my lower abdomen, listens and smiles to himself "Just as thought!" he says "Will you tell us, already!" Anna Rose exclaims "I think it would be better if you listen for yourself." he says looking at me. "Okay." I say as I start to listen. The thing that I hear sounds like my own heart, and almost as strong as my own. That can only mean one thing: I'm pregnant! "Goodness! I must get word to Alex on my condition! I can't wait to tell Emma and Eve that they are going to be aunts!" I tell Anna Rose. "Okay, just calm down. You can do that once you get back to your room."

"My Queen, did you say you're friends' names were Emma and Eve, as in Emmalynn and Evelyn Skies?" The Doctor asks, "Yes! How did you know?" I ask him "I think it would be wrong if a father didn't recognize his only children!" Doctor Skies exclaims and right as he says that Emma and Eve walk through the door. "Dad!" Emma exclaims. After everything at the tower was settled, we got back to the carriage. I'm now finally in my room Emma and Eve are sitting on my bed, I lock the door and sit at my writing desk. Right before I start writing to Alex, Eve asks "Celeste is there something you want to tell us? You seem very upbeat all of a sudden." I take a deep breath and stand, I walk over and say "Don't get to excited but I have a question for both of you." "What is it?" Emma asks. I smile and say "Both of you should decide if you want to be called Aunt or Auntie!" They jump up in surprise then exclaim "You're pregnant!" When they leave to go tell Lucas, I get the chance to write my letter to Alex. After about 3 hours this is my final draft:

Dear Alex,

I know that this letter may not get to you before you come back to me, but if it does then I hope you have enough time to read it. After you left I stepped up to run the castle, and everything was going fine. Recently I have not been feeling too well, but I didn't want to make a fuss over nothing. So I just put off my strange symptoms of dizziness and feeling sick. Then Anna Rose and Violet finally put their feet down and made me go to the castle doctor. Be glad they did because I got the most amazing news. Alex I'm pregnant! Just remember to come home, because you have two people waiting for you!

Love,

Celeste

All I have to do now is send it, then wait for a response. Surprisingly it is not soon after I send my letter that I get a better response then a letter. Another week passes and one morning I'm sleeping in for an extra hour or so, when a knock at the bedroom door wakes me. I sit up fight off my morning sickness, and go answer the knocking. I'm met with a strong hug and a voice that not only comforts me but the baby as well. "Celeste, I've missed you so much. I got your letter as we were finishing up trades with the other kingdoms. Is it true, are you pregnant?" he asks "Alex, I've missed you too, and it is true." I tell him "Our family is about to grow bigger!" He exclaims putting his hand on my stomach.

The months pass and before any of us know it, I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant. One day Alex comes into the room and says "Celeste, the kingdom officials want me to go to an upcoming kingdom trades thing, but I told them no." "Why?" I ask "I'm not going to leave you. What if you had the baby while I was gone?" he asks me "Good point." I say. "I still can't believe that this is happening to us. Being crowned king and queen, getting married, now we are going to have a baby!" Alex says happily. "I just can't wait for this baby. I think it's going to be a girl!" I say "Really, so do I." Alex says."We shall find out soon!" I exclaim. That night I don't get much rest, mostly because the baby wouldn't stop shifting and kicking. Since I am so close to my due date, Alex has told the helpers and guards to come to him about any issues that arise. The only people allowed to visit me are Anna Rose, Violet, Emma, Eve, and Lucas. Sir Lance also stops by throughout the day to see how I am feeling. I think that they are all trying to keep me off my feet, and well rested. Violet comes into the room to check on me and asks "Are you feeling any better Celeste?" I smile and say "I would if the baby would sto-" My thought is suddenly silenced by a sharp pain in my abdomen and I gasp "Celeste!" Violet exclaims with a look of concern "Go get Dr.Skies and Alex! Quick as you can!" I exclaim  Three hours later the doctor tells me I have a beautiful baby girl! Anna cleans her up, then brings her to Alex and I. "What are we going to name her?" Alex asks. "I have an idea!" I say "What about Alexandria?" "That's perfect!" Alex says. Her full name is: Alexandria Cristina Rossina. As I hold her I notice how much she looks like me and Alex. She has my ocean blue eyes and Alex's brown hair. "Alex come hold your daughter." I tell him. He walks over and takes her from my arms "Celeste, she's perfect!"

"Do you need Violet or I to accompany you to get Alexandria?" Anna asks as Violet and she put extra blankets in the carriage. "Have either of you seen Alex? He told me he was going to get Alexandria, and I haven't seen him since!" I say looking at Violet and Anna "No, but I can go look for him." Anna says "Okay, if I see him when I go up to our room to get Alexandria. I'll send him down here." I say walking up to the entry. I don't know what is keeping Alex, but we need to be at the new sanctuary soon. I get to the room and the first thing I notice is the door to our room is open. I walk in and gasp, The room is freezing cold. I look up and see the balcony doors standing open with glass shards covering the carpet. I rush over to Alexandria's cradle and stop dead in my tracks. There are things that catch my attention, they are:

1. Alexandria's cradle has been tipped over.

2. The curtains that surround it have been torn to shreds.

3. Alexandria is missing!

Then all of a sudden a moan comes from the corner of the room. I rush over and find Alex lying against the wall, with talon marks through his heavy winter coat all the way to his unwounded skin. "Alex, Alex what happened to our baby? Where is Alexandria?" I ask frantically "I'm so... sorry... Celeste they took... her, they took Alexandria." he says as he slips into unconsciousness "Please answer me Alex!" I cry as Violet rushes into the room.

C.M.Childress, Shleby, Alabama
Thank you so much for what you said about my book. This is actually the first book in a trilogy. You see I started this book for my little sister.

imagonner said...
imagonner, Loveland, Colorado

' its not about winning fist place in the race, its about finishing the race.' don't forget who you are to me.

hey I noticed that your book was along with mine, the most recently submitted. I know how eager you must be, to get comments on your book so here it goes, you are a great writer this is well written. I love the plot. you are perfection and beyond. I know this comment will mean a lot to you so please, have the heart to read mine and comment. it would mean the world.