Angelica Storm: A Girl With A Secret | Teen Ink

Angelica Storm: A Girl With A Secret

By ArtLover2322 BRONZE, London, Other
ArtLover2322 BRONZE, London, Other

'No one can hurt you; you only let them'.

Author's note:

I've always been interested in Art and writing from a very young age. I always wrote stories and drew the characters and sometimes even became the characters or used my own personality to create a character.

Angelica Smith/Storm starts of as a regular 16 year old girl and I am a 16 year old boy so I use some of my own personality to extract it about use it to create a character. I'll dwell more upon this another time on my blog which is listed. Thank you and I hope you enjoy it. 

It has four chapters so far and will either be updated here or on www.wattpad.com/DwaineB, or on both lol, bye! :)

Bullying can never be resolved, there's too many people in the world that will bully because of their own insecurities, but it is our job to rise above it - ArtLover2322 (DwaineB)

It was 2085, and in London, lived a girl called Angelica. She is a pre-teen who loves to have fun. She likes going for a jog now and then, and she loves to play her guitar, and she loves to read too.

Angelica grew up to be the most powerful superhero in the world, and she did that; on her own. She fought for what was hers with great strength. How did she do that? Here's how...

The alarm clock went off really loudly. It was 9.am. It was time for another day of school. Angelica sighed, and got up, freshened up, and brushed her messy hair with her brown hair brush that sat in front of her mirror. She'd do anything to avoid school, was it because of Marcina?

Marcina is a school bully. She's always bullied Angelica since kindergarten. Angelica would always be the one to do well in school, and Marcina would be second best. She couldn't take it. They both did well, but Marcina couldn't stand Angelica getting all the attention. Since then, she's made her life a misery.

Angelica puts on brown leather jacket, and says to herself "Marcina can't hurt me". Angelica went down the stairs, and before leaving, she said goodbye to her mum who happened to be snoring on the couch with an empty bottle in her hand. Angelica said "It's times like these I wish prohibition was still around...".

Angelica took a bus, and got off at the stop right in front of her school. As she entered through the white school gates, she looked around, and saw so many guys and girls chatting, and to her surprise, Marcina was nowhere to be seen. Angelica took a deep breath of relief.

As Angelica was about to get to her first lesson, someone tapped her shoulder, and said "Hey Blondie, where do you think you're going?". Angelica said "To my lesson, because unlike you, I'm here to learn, not to mess about. " Marcina said "Oh shut up".

Angelica was about to walk away, and Marcina said "Oh that's so like you Angelica to run away, like a coward". Marcina angered Angelica, and Angelica said "Would a coward stand up to you like I'm doing now?". Marcina rolled her eyes, and tried to walk off. Angelica grabbed her shoulder stopping her from leaving.

Angelica said "Listen Marcina, I'm asking you to leave me alone, stop harrassing me, I don't know what your problem is with me, but I've done nothing to deserve this so simply just, GO AWAY!". Angelica let off some steam, but when she had finished she realised the second bell went, so she was late to History class.

Marcina saw the head mistress coming out of the school door, and ran away laughing at Angelica as she had spoilt her perfect attendance. This angered Angelica, and her face went red like a tomato. Angelica screamed louder than a lady giving birth, and all of a sudden, it started to rain heavily, and a thunder storm came out of nowhere.

Everyone in the classroom got up, and looked out of the window and  were really scared because of all the noise and extreme weather.

Marcina ran out of the school gate with her bag on her head. Angelica was shocked at what had happened and fainted.

Secrets always having a way of coming out. No matter how long it takes - ArtLover2322

Angelica woke up at home in her bed. She was confused to why she was at home when she could've sworn she was just in her school yard. She wondered if everything that happened was a dream. As she went downstairs, she saw her parents sitting down with a nurse.

She reached the bottom step of the staircase as the nurse left. Angelica went to the sitting room and said "Mum? Dad? What's going on?". They both looked at each other and nodded. Angelica's mum; Ruby, said "Angelica, there's no easy way to say this, but you're not a normal girl". Angelica said "No one is normal, we're all different; and that's what makes us special".

Angelica's mum said "Angelica, you were born with great power". Angelica laughed and said "Power? What power? This has to be a joke right?". Angelica's mum looked at her father. Her dad said, "Angelica, when you were born, it was the most beautiful day of our lives", "We knew that when we first looked at those beautiful blue eyes, we were blessed to have you in our lives".

"But as you grew up from a toddler, to an infant, we realised that you really stood out from the other girls. Whenever one girl would take something from you, you'd get annoyed and throw a tantrum, but then we noticed something very unusual".

"Every time you'd scream or shout, or even cry, it would be raining outside for so long, and when you stopped crying, the weather would go back to normal", "Angelica, you're special, and we've been wanting to tell you this for so long, but we couldn't find the right words or the right moment".

Angelica's mum said, "My angel, you're a superhero, you were born to be a fighter, and be remembered by generations upon generations". Angelica laughed at her mum. She said "Mum, Dad, you can't be serious, a superhero? I must've hit my head harder than I thought", "You guys will know where to find me when you're actually talking sense", "I'm going to Mandy's cafe, see you later".

Angelica walked down the street with her grey hood up, and waited for the bus. After 7 long minutes of waiting for the bus, it finally came, but in a hurry, Angelica tried to make the bus driver stop, but the driver just drove past. This infuriated Angelica, and she frowned and grunted.

The rain started to pour heavily and Angelica was shocked. She had lost her appetite, and she ran back home in a hurry. She got home, and ran up to her room, and closed the door, and looked out of the window. She could hear the rain pounce upon the window sill outside. The sky was really grey and cloudy.

Angelica felt sleepy, and as she laid down on her bed, she slowly fell asleep. She had a dream of an old lady sitting on a throne. This ladies hair was done up nicely, it was blonde with curls, and this lady wore dark red lipstick. In her dream, Angelica approached the lady on the throne, and the lady got up and said "Bow before the QUEEN!". Angelica woke up scared, and she screamed and started to hyperventilate.

Her mum and dad, came into her room, and her dad said "Angel, I heard screaming, are you okay?". Angelica said "Yes dad, I'm fine I just had a bad dream". Her dad replied saying "Oh, okay". Her dad was about to leave and Angelica said "Wait, dad!", "Put some trousers on, eww!". He said "Sorry, Angel, good night". Angelica went back to sleep peacefully, and slept through the whole night with no disturbances or bad dreams.

Change is something we can't avoid in life...

It was the next morning and Angelica found it hard to accept what her parents had told her yesterday. She was confused and nothing made sense to her at all. She came downstairs spooked as if she'd seen a ghost, there was this strange, blank look in her eyes. She wanted to know if what her parents told her was real, or just a dream.

As she reached the bottom of her cream staircase, she went into the sitting room and noticed that an empty bottle of wine was still where it was yesterday. So then, at that exact moment, Angelica knew that she wasn't dreaming.  She just wanted answers because it's enough being told you have superpowers and another thing knowing how to use them and when to use them and where they even came from.

Angelica decided to call her mom, Ruby. She went to get the phone and she saw that her mom left a note by it saying "Angelica, I've gone to work, we'll talk later. I've left some strudel in the oven - Mom". Angelica sighed, got the strudel, got her laptop, put it on the table, switched the TV on and sat down.

Angelica was about to check her emails, until she saw a strange news report of a storm that took place the day before. The weather man commented on strong winds that went 6 miles per hour. Angelica knew that she was the reason that this weather took place. She'd already confirmed that she had powers by seeing that empty bottle, but now things got real.

She knew that she had to find away to control her anger and her powers too, otherwise things were going to get a whole lot worse for her. Just as she was trying to think of a way to stop all of this chaos, her mom walked through the door. Angelica was puzzled to why her mom was back home so early from work.

Angelica said "Mum, aren't you supposed to be finished late today, what are you doing home?". Ruby replied saying "I was told to go home because of the weather". Angelica said, confusedly, "But I checked the weather, it's fine...". Ruby said "Because of what happened yesterday with your powers, every weather website and channel have said that they expect the same thing to happen again and have warned anyone who values their life, to stay indoors". Angelica was stunned by what her mom told her.

Angelica said, "But Mom no that can't happen, I have to go to school, I can't mess up again I was already late yesterday for the first time! Marcina is going to love this! Angelica sighed with anger. Ruby said, "Marcina? That girl who bullied you? Angelica you have to forget about her. You have to stop letting her get to you. This has been going on for long enough! You are in that school to learn and make something of your life, not to put up with her. If it gets serious again, then tell me, but as for now, don't pay any attention to her. It's what she wants honey. Promise me you'll control yourself, don't get angry with her, she's not worth it.

Angelica said, "Okay Mom, I promise." Ruby rubbed Angelica's shoulder with comfort and smiled at her. Angelica smiled back and they hugged each other. Ruby said, "Everything's going to be okay my Angel, I promise. Angelica replied saying "I know it will mom, I know it will".

It's true. They say there's a solution to every problem. Some problems aren't as big as you think and that's the truth... - ArtLover2322 (DwaineB)

This story isn't done yet but there will be more coming soon and that's a promise!

Ruby spoke to her husband and decided that it was time for Angelica to find out about the secret portal that hid in the basement. Ruby was really nervous about telling Angelica and she had many doubts. She wondered if she was doing the right thing. Her husband confided in her.

He said "Ruby, there's nothing to worry about. You're doing the right thing. There's some things that can't stay hidden for too long. The longer it's hidden, the greater the impact in the long run. It's the right time to do this". Ruby smiled and said, "You're right". Humorously, he replied, "I always am!".

After thinking things over with her husband, Ruby called Angelica to the dining room and they all sat down for dinner. Shortly after dinnertime ended, Ruby said, "Angelica, there's something else we need to tell you". Angelica sighed and said sarcastically, "Oh great, more secrets, just what we need, especially if I'm supposed to control my anger!". Infuriated, Ruby said, "Angel, we are trying our best here okay? The least you could do is co-operate. Now come down to the basement with me".

Angelica and Ruby went down the stairs that led to the basement. Before they reached the door, they could already see a number of cobwebs because the basement had been left isolated for almost 16 years. The last time Ruby or her husband Paul had went down to the basement was just a few months before Angelica was born. Ruby stared at the dusty white door and had a flashback.

It was 16 years prior (May 12, 2079). "It's a beautiful day" said Ruby; to her husband. Paul said, "Yes dear, it sure is. We're going to have many beautiful days, once this baby arrives". Ruby smiled then said, "This baby huh? I thought you were convinced it was a boy!". Paul said, "Well yes because of the way it was kicking like a footballer, but honey, whatever it is, I will love it just the same. That child will be the beginning of something new, I promise you that". Ruby smiled, and hugged Paul tightly.

The flashback ended and Ruby seemed kind of dizzy. Angelica was worried. She rubbed her mum's shoulder and said, "Mum, are you okay?". Ruby replied hesitantly and said, "Yes, I'm okay. This basement just brings backs so many memories. The last time I stood on this step was almost 16 years ago". Angelica said confusedly, "But why for so long? Why didn't you ever use the basement again? Angelica was very curious.

Ruby was thinking of how to tell Angelica the family secret about her mysterious great-grandmother. Ruby only knew what her grandmother looked like as a teenager and in-fact, she resembled her the most in her face and Angelica has her eyes. The portrait of Angelica's great-grandmother has been in the house basement for decades. Ruby inherited the house they live in today.

Impatient with curiosity, Angelica said, "Well?". Ruby stopped daydreaming and said, "Sorry, what??". Angelica said, "You were going to tell me why you haven't used the basement for so long". Ruby said "On second thought, it's best you don't know, not yet anyway". Annoyed, Angelica said "But mu-!" while Ruby nagged Angelica. She said "Fine, I'll be patient..."