The Forbidden Trio | Teen Ink

The Forbidden Trio

August 13, 2015
By Casey_Jones, Kirkland,
More by this author
Casey_Jones, Kirkland,
0 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Life is a matter of choice. You can be a doctor who saves life. A lawyer who defends life. A soldier who protects life. Or just be yourself, a person, who touched my life..." -Unknown


This morning I woke up due to an alert on the Daily News. I watched as people freaked out. "Oh, great," I said, "The Prince is in town." I sighed. Whenever the prince of the country came into town, I always had ot be on alert.

"What's wrong now?" My dog, Sparky, said to me. Yeah. I have a talking dog. Just, deal with it.

"The Prince is in town."

"Oh, no! That's not good. Be careful, Jaime!" I sighed and nodded. 5 years ago, when I was first made, he banned three type of people, and you could go to jail if you were one of them. Well, if you could even call us people. We're more like a bunch of genetic freaks. Bloody hell.... I thought. Why today of all days? It just so happens that I am one of the so called 'Forbidden Trio'. I am a cyborg. Great, huh? And today I have to go into town. During the royal parade when the Prince is parading around. Prince Terra Cosmos: The self-proclaimed "Prince of All Things". It's more like, "Prince Only Because I Murdered My Father and Took Over Three Countries and Two Kingdoms". The stupid little - . So far, he's taken over Britain, my home country, Spain, France, and the kingdoms of Veranada and Safaria, making them into one massive super-country, to which he bestowed the lovely name "The Kingdom of the Cosmos" and renamed everything after himself. So egotistical, right? Well, to be fair, it was pretty easy to take over the kingdom of Veranada after the Princess' death a long, long time ago.

Anyway, my name is Jaime Woods. I am fifteen years old, and I am a cyborg planning the downfall of Prince Massive-Ego But first... I'm going to need a team. A team as strong as me, one of the strongest cyborgs, and the strongest of their kinds... Like, an enchantress... And a shapeshifter. Now, to find them, however... I'll have to travel. Sneak out before guards, or worse, the prince himself find me. You see, the cyborgs are from where Britain used to be, the Enchantresses (Or Enchanters) came from Spain, and the shapeshifters came from France. IT'll be hard to find them, I know, but it will be worth watchign Terra Cosmos go down. he'ls got a god complex, that's for sure. I got up and grabbed my jacket. On a usual day, I would wear my jacket with only one sleeve, hiding my arm, but I have to take extra precautions today, hiding my arm, my leg, and half of my face with a baseball cap. Nobody is allowed to leave the city, or their "country" when the prince comes, so I'll have to sneak out. I will find a way.

The author's comments:
Qué diablos está pasando: What the hell is going on? No tengo todo lo que quieras: I do not have what you want Y ciertamente no… Uno de ellos: And certainly not… One of them No mayor que yo: No older than me Gracias: Thank you Senorita: Miss

My first stop will be the Terran Republic –formerly known as Spain, to find my enchantress. I grab my Mp3 player and walk out of my house. My dog, Sparky, trailed behind me. “Where are we going, Master?” I looked at him.

“The Terran Republic. To find a girl.” The girl I’ve been researching for the team is street thug and vandal Aquamarine Killzone, known among the street as Aqua, an Enchantress. She’s a little hot-head, with a temper as fiery as her hair –blazing. While walking to my motorcycle, I started quietly singing a tune that was banned. The prince banned any music that he thought would cause rebellion, which included music by great bands such as Fall Out Boy, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, and Panic!At the Disco.

“Say what you mean, tell me I’m right, and let the sun rain down on me. Give me a sign, I want to believe. Woah, Mona Lisa, you’re guaranteed to run this town. Woah, Mona Lisa! I’d pay to see you frown!” Man, all we have left is crappy pop music. Nothing good left… I thought. I hopped onto m motorcycle and Sparky hopped into the sidecar, and I drove towards the Terran Republic. After driving across Skyfall, a brigde connecting Cosmo –formerly known as Britain and my home – to the rest of the country, and from what I read was named after the dragon of a legendary prince who fought another legendary beast only known as Zircon.


Anyway, after crossing the bridge, I snuck my way into the Terran Republic, and I saw her, Aqua. I like this kid. I thought, watching her spray-paint some lyrics onto a building. After she ran off I walked up and read them. “There are no raindrops on roses and girls in white dresses, it’s sleeping with roaches and taking best guesses at the shade of the sheets and before all the stains, and a few more of your least favorite things. I picked up a bottle she left behind and sprayed my own. “Some legends are told, some turned to dust or to gold, but you will remember me. Remember me for Centuries.”

I held up the bottle to the light and scanned her fingerprints. Finally, now I can find her hideout. I put the bottle in my pocket and I traced her location to a run-down shack in the middle of nowhere, which is a fitting place for a thug and Enchantress who doesn’t want to get caught. I knocked on the door and heard yelling, and a board at the window opening.

“Qué diablos está pasando? No tengo todo lo que quieras! Y ciertamente no… Uno de ellos!”

I sigh. “Relax, Miss Killzone. I need your help.” I go up to the window and show her my arm.


“You’re- You’re- You’re a- cyborg?” I heard her stutter out. “How did you- no mayor que yo- escape when the prince was in town?”

“I ran out and got my motorcycle, and snuck out. Nice lyrics, by the way.” I saw her grin proudly.

“Gracias- uh- I don’t know your name…..”

“My name is Jaime. Jaime Woods. How would you like to be a part of a new plan?”

“That would depend on what kind of plan, Senorita Woods.”

“To take down the Prince, I know you’d want to. All we have to do is go to Terraria, and find a shapeshifter. Then we make a plan, and team D.I.V.A.S., which stands for “Defeat Idiotic Villains And Survive”, will win. We can save our world.”

“Count me in, Jaime.” She nodded, walking out.

“Then to Terraria.” I nodded, walking out to my motorcycle.”

“You got her? Good job Master!” Aqua got in the sidecar and Sparky hopped on her lap.

“Nice- uh- talking dog- well- let’s go!” She yelled at me and I zoomed off, heading for Terraria.

The author's comments:
Panadero = baker Apúrate = Hurry Sangre joven = young blood Laissez-moi tranquille = Leave me alone Je ne ai pas tout ce que vous voulez = I do not have anything you want Comment pourrais-je être en mesure de vous aider = How would I be able to help you Je le savais = I knew it Vous êtes un gardien = You are a guard Sors, maintenant = Get out now Soy una hechicera, pedazo de mierda patetico = I am a witch, pathetic piece of s**t Vous souhaitez = You want to Tuez-le = kill him Pas possible = not possible Trop dangereux = too dangerous Je ne veux pas gâcher ma vie = I do not want to spoil my life Manquer = Miss Allons-y = Let’s go

As my new friend and member of team D.I.V.A.S. rode off to Terraria, I heard Aqua pipe up.

“So… who is the last member of this team we’re making, kid?”

“Her name is Sierra Lively, a baker. She is very stubborn though…. It might take a lot of convincing to get her to join.”

“Why would we need to convince her? Wouldn’t the idea of knocking off the prince be enough?”

“Well – to put it this way…” My dog perked up.

“My master says that the baker lady wants to keep out of trouble and keep a normal life intact!”

“Thanks, Sparks. Yeah, that’s just about it.”

“Then let’s convince this panadero and get plans ready! Apúrate!” I nodded and drove faster, passing a sign that says: “A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep. Welcome, to Terraria.” Aqua looked at me.

“That’s weird…” She then proceeded to look up at the sky, it being nighttime.

“Relax, Aqua. It’s a take on a quote from a radio show back here that I get sometimes from messing around with my radio. It’s supposed to say, “Welcome, to Night Vale” but the prince had to make it his own, as usual. That’s another thing that’s been banned, Welcome to Night Vale.”

“O- Oh. Good. It’s just a joke.”

“Yeah, a simple joke. I pulled up to a little bakery, called “Of Cakes and Men”.

“I love the symbolism. Of Mice and Men was one of my favorite books.”

“Mine too. Now let’s get in there and do some convincing.” We walked into the bakery and went up to the counter. A woman around our age, which means seventeen, since I’m fifteen and Aqua is sixteen, turned to us and spoke. “I’m sorry, we’re closed. Please leave right now.” I noticed she was nervous.

“We’re not guards, don’t worry Sierra.”

“How do you know my name?!”

“We’ve been doing some research….. sangre joven.”

“Laissez-moi tranquille! Je ne ai pas tout ce que vous voulez!” I looked at her.

“Look! We just want you to help us!”

“Comment pourrais-je être en mesure de vous aider?”

“You’re a shapeshifter, right, señorita panadero?” I sighed as I heard her gasp.

“Je le savais! Vous êtes un gardien!” She grabbed a sword. “Sors, maintenant!”

“Relax!” I practically yelled out. I showed her my arm. “I’m a cyborg!” I noticed Aqua make a fireball and grimaced.

“Soy una hechicera, pedazo de mierda patetico!”

“So you guys are banned ones too?” She set the sword down. “Say what you want.” I looked up at her.

“We want to kill the prince.” I heard her laugh.
“Vous souhaitez… Tuez-le?!?! Pas possible!”

“We have a plan, panadero.” I piped up.

“Well, 12% of a plan…” She rolled her eyes.

“Find another shapeshifter. I won’t help you. It’s – trop dangereux.”

“But you’re the strongest shapeshifter!” I exclaimed.

“And I have a nice, normal life here! Je ne veux pas gâcher ma vie!” I looked at her with a stern look in my eyes, something I have never done before.

“Would you rather help us, or live your entire life, and your children’s lives, and your children’s-children’s lives in fear… Make your decision!” I heard her sigh

“Alright, I will do it. I will help you. But you’ll need a bigger vehicle than the little motorcycle to help us, and a base.” She walked down to the garage of her bakery, and drove outside with a minivan, something I haven’t seen in forever.

“We can use my science labs as a base, back in Cosmos.” Aqua and I got into the van.

“You like my van? Well, you can drive – manquer…..”


“I’m Jaime Woods, and my friend is Aquamarine Killzone.”


“Well, I’m Sierra Lively, so, allons-y!” I nodded and drove toward my labs in Cosmos. Time to go back home, and form a plan! Well, besides 12% of a plan. Let’s get Team D.I.V.A.S. into action!

The author's comments:
Dames = Ladies Ce ne est guere un plan = This is hardly a plan Maravilloso = Wonderful Quel est ce idiotie = What is this idiocy Mono = Monkey Que quieres decir = You mean… Gemme = Gem Merveilleux = Wonderful Le Château des Dieux/El Castillo de los Dioses = The Castle of the Gods Yo puedo ayudar con eso = I can help with that

“So, what’s the plan, dames?” I heard Sierra pop up from the back of the van.

“Don’t worry about that. I have a plan.” I noticed Aqua raise an eyebrow.

“Really, well – then how much of a plan, Woods?”

“Well…. About 12% of a plan….” I growled to myself as Sierra laughed sarcastically.

“Twelve percent of a plan?!?! Ce ne est guere un plan!”

“I have how to get in to the castle! I don’t know from there….”

“This was a bad idea, I can already tell….” Aqua sighed, “So, what is this maravilloso plan to get into the castle?” She said, VERY sarcastically. I glared at her.

“I have outfits I stole from the royal guards. We wear those, and The Prince is dumb enough to assume we’re actual guards.” I heard Sierra growl, and I sighed.

“Quel est ce idiotie?!? I came with you guys to kick ass, not play dress-up!”

“For once I agree with the mono over there.”

“I’m not a monkey, you idiotic Spaniard!” I stopped the van.

“Get out.” Aqua’s eyes widened.

“Que quieres decir?!?”


“I said we were here to form a team. If you two are going to just keep arguing, then leave. I’ll do this on my own.” Sierra stared at me.

“Fine. No promises that after we’re done, I won’t kick this gemme’s ass.” Aqua look at her glaringly.

“Likewise. No promises that after all this is over that I WON’T murder you.” I sighed and started muttering to myself.

“This is going to be a LOOONG few weeks.” I turned on the radio, and Boulevard of Broken Dreams blasted. I sang along to the chorus, a very familiar tune. “My shadow’s the only one that walks beside me. My shallow heart’s the only thing that’s beating. Sometimes, I wish someone out there will find me. ‘Till then I walk alone….” Soon after, we made it to my science lab, a few miles from my actual home. “Well…. Here’s my science lab. It’s not big or anything, but it will have to do…”

“It looks merveilleux! Hey, I have an idea for the plan!” Sierra said, jumping in her seat as I parked the van.

“What’s that, panadero?” Aqua sneered.

“Shut up, gemme. Anyway, I’m a baker, so – why don’t I make some sweets or something for the guards, once we get inside the castle, laced with sleeping powder?” My eyes widened in delight.

“Great idea, Sierra! I have some of this powder I made, out of some old sleeping pills, cherries, orange blossoms, and lavender. I tried it on the lady that runs the flour mill nearby, and she said it tasted good, and then she fell asleep! I’ll just run over and get some flour! I’m out of milk and eggs, too…” Aqua looked around.

“I’ll go with you. I can get the eggs and milk.” She looked at Sierra with a look of uncertainty. “I don’t trust her, but I’ll work with her for the sake of my freedom.”

“Okay then! I’ll stay here and bake! Sounds like a plan, right?”

“More like another 12% of a plan, panadero.”

“Okay, then 24% of a plan, gemme! We’ll improvise the rest!”

“Oh, don’t worry, team D.I.V.A.S., I have some ideas.” I said proudly, walking into the room with a large sheet of paper.

“What is that?” They said simultaneously, looking confused.

“This, my dear, banned sisters,” I unfolded the paper to reveal a painted map of an emerald building, “is a map of Prince Terra Cosmos’ castle, Le Château des Dieux, or El Castillo de los Dioses, and is full of different traps meant to catch people like us.”

“What kind of traps?” Sierra said, looking at the map, a scowl on her face.

“Well, for cyborgs like me, there’s magnetic fields all over the place where I could get stuck. Best thing to do for that is to take off my arm and leg and replace them with wood… Which I have never done before…”

“Yo puedo ayudar con eso. I was a doctor before I was shunned for being a witch.” I nodded at her.


“Anyway, back to the traps. For Enchantresses, there are special lasers that activate whenever magic of any kind is used, so I would suggest a type of leather gloves I invented that you can use magic in without being detected.” I tossed her a pair of green leather gloves.

“These are ugly….” I heard her whine.

“If you want to get caught and killed, don’t wear them, be my guest.” I growled. Why are these people so hard to work with?!?!? I heard her sigh.

“Fine… Only because I want to avoid death….” She rolled her eyes. The sarcasm is definitely strong with this one….

“And for shapeshifters, there is a sensor that will activate whenever you walk onto a certain type of flooring as anything other than yourself. I would suggest that Aqua uses a spell from a spell-book that I found a while back while traveling that a good friend of mine, Alexandria, gave to me, before the banning. It has a spell that, when cast, makes shapeshifters undetectable to any type of sensor.” I tossed the book to Aqua, who had an annoyed look.

“You expect me to- to- to WHAT?!?!” I sent a look that said ‘Keep it up and your dead’ at her, and she nodded. “Alright, I will do it.”

“Good. I marked the spell page with a red sticky note,” I pointed to the sticky note. “And highlighted the exact words you need to say, alright?”

“I’ve got it, forest, no need to remind me.” She groaned.

“I think it’s good to be prepared, Aqua. You can never be too prepared.” I heard Sierra say, and I smiled at her.


“Thank you, Sierra!” I grinned, rolling my eyes at Aqua. “Alright, so let’s go get the milk and eggs, and I already have the sleeping powder, but I might need to make more, so just let me check really quick.” I walked off to another room in my lab, filled with lots of different colored jars, filled with different liquids and powders, and grabbed a red jar, looking in it, about halfway full of a smooth, milky white powder. I walked back with the jar. “The jar is full enough to make at least…. I should say around 4 batches.”

“I think four batches will be enough to take out all the guards in the castle.”

“Okay, then! Let’s go, Aqua.” I saw her nod and follow me out. I turned to her once we were out. “Okay, I want answers.”

“Answers about what, Woods?”

“Why do you hate Sierra so much! She’s a nice person, that has done nothing to hurt you!”

“I never knew my parents. I grew up in an orphanage. I was…. Well, I was told by the people at the orphanage that- that…” I saw tears form on her eyes, something that shocked me, since I had never seen her do before.

“That what, Aqua?”

“That they were killed by a French man! A shapeshifter no less! A man named Jean Clark.” I gasped slightly and watched, as for the first time I’ve ever seen, the poor girl cried. I sighed and hugged her, letting her cry for a bit.

“I- I’m so sorry, Aqua.” I said, my voice cracking. It’s really hard to deal with my emotions, ever since my parents died. “I know of a similar feeling- well- sort of….”

“What’s your similar feeling, kid?” She asked, sitting down on a park bench. I sat down next to her.

“You know the prince’s servant, his right hand man, correct?”

“Yeah, James Greenwood, what does that matter though?” She stared at me quizzically.

“He’s my…. Older brother….”

“He is?!? But- I thought….”

“I hate him. He’s the reason I want to take down the prince, and why I am the way I am.”

“What did he do, Jaime?” I felt kind of proud, since that was the first time she had ever called me by my first name. Usually, it was just ‘Woods’ or ‘forest’. But I shook those thoughts off, continuing with my story.

“When the prince banned, you know…. Anyway, me and my family, my mom, dad, and James, my older brother lived in peace, me as a cyborg after a bombing accident with some gunpowder in my father’s lab…” She sat up, looking more interested as I continued.

“And? What happened next?”

“My brother snuck off one night, and that was the last I saw of him. Then….” I felt myself starting to tear up. “Royal guards came and took my parents away. I didn’t understand at the time, only being ten years old, but I understand more now. I turned on the news the next day- and- and…” At this point I couldn’t help but start crying. “My parents were executed on the news. A message meant for everyone. My brother tipped off the royal guards, and the prince himself, and became the prince’s right hand man, his helper, and his constant companion.” I growled out, looking more pissed off than I ever have in my entire life.

“I’m so sorry, Jaime. I- You know what? We’ll take down the prince. And not only that, we’ll find your brother, and make him pay for the things that he did. We’ll do it together, you, me,” I heard her sigh. “And the Frenchwoman.” I smiled at her.

“Yeah! Now, let’s go get us some eggs and milk, and bake a cake!” I jumped up and ran off, her following me.

“Wait up! We’re going to fast!” I nodded, slowing down, and we both walked into a market. A while later we came back to the lab, but Sierra was missing. What the hell? I thought.

“Sierra? Are you there?” I called out. All of a sudden I heard a scream, and Aqua and I ran into the corridor, to find Sierra being held by a royal guard, and four more with him.

“Jaime! Help me! Please!” I heard her yell. “Let me go, you bastards!”

“Crap….” I muttered, staring down one of the men off to the side. Dammit… I hoped to have never seen you again. “Hello, General White. I never thought I’d see you again.” I sighed, and struggled as another guard grabbed Aqua, and General White grabbed me.

“Hello there, Jaime….” The General drawled, a coy smirk on his face. “I knew I would see you again, darling.” I growled, continuing to struggle. “And now, back to where you three really belong. That was the last voice I heard, before I felt a hard whack the back of my head, and I went unconscious. I was awakened out of the black void that is unconsciousness when I felt someone shaking me.

“Woods! Wake up!” I opened my eyes to find dungeon walls.

“Jaime, are you okay?”

“Yeah,” I said. “My head hurts…” I watched Sierra slump against the wall next to me, and Aqua, uh, I think she’s either dead or lying on the floor, I honestly have no clue with that one.

“Don’t worry, I’m alive,” I hear Aqua look up. “I’m just tired of everything and want to die, that’s all.”

“We’ll find a way out, right? Right guys?” I said, trying to cheer everyone up. Sierra looked at me.

“I don’t know anymore, Jaime. I feel like it’s- it’s time to give up.”

“I agree, panadero.” I jumped when I heard a voice, a man’s voice, talk from the next cell over.

“I can help you, love. I’ve gotten out of here before, and I’m sure I can help again.” He said, and I saw the silhouette of a tall, blonde man, who sounded British like me.

“I think we’ve given up….” My voice faded out, not knowing who the man was.

“My name is Joshua, love. Joshua Andrew Ravenhelm, of the,” he coughs, “FORMER Prince of the kingdom of Veranada.” He growled. “I hate the whole ‘former’ thing about it.” Aqua bolted up.

“Joshua Ravenhelm? Of the Amethyst Mansion legend, and Skyfall, and the Ravenhelm legends?!?!”

“That’s right, love.” He smiled sadly.

“So… The legends were true?” I asked. “You lost both your sisters?”

“Yes, Jennifer out of Greed, and Olivia out of Betrayal.” He sighed. “Terra Cosmos killed my girlfriend after he took over our kingdoms.” I heard guards coming down, and the General grabbed me.

“Time for you to see the Prince, Woods.” I struggled and gave a ‘talk to you later’ look to Joshua, as I was dragged into the throne room. I was left standing, looking up at a cocky, evil man with blue hair.

“Hello, my darling cyborg!” He walked over, smirking. “How I have watched, and waited to see you and your little friends FALL.”

“Hello, Terra Cosmos.”

“That’s YOUR MAJESTY to you, you insignificant little speck on the fabric of time!”

“That would also make you insignificant, darling.”

“No, I AM A GOD!” I yelped and dodged, as a knife flew towards my head. “And I will take you and your so called ‘team’ out of the equation. And we made sure that the little Ravenhelm can’t escape. So… It seems like you’re alone. A mere, metal, mortal against a God. Or… You could join me. We could rule together, and you could be my goddess.”

“I would never join the likes of you.” I growled, spitting in his face.

“You made the wrong choice, you little, useless, hunk of metal.” He didn’t realize that I had already untied myself, and all the guards were in the room with us.

“I’m not a useless hunk of metal… I- AM- AN IRONWOMAN!” I punched the nearest guard in the face and grabbed my bow and arrows. One by one, I took out the guards with an ARROW TO THE FACE!!! Finally, I shot the Prince in the knee. “You were an AMAZING (*hint sarcasm hint*) but then you took an arrow to the knee.” I grabbed Sierra’s poisons and Aqua’s daggers. I noticed a sword in a case, and I grabbed it to give to Joshua. I also grabbed a set of keys from one of the guards. I heard a groan and realized that he was still awake. I kicked the prince in the face, knocking him out, and I ran to the dungeons. Sierra popped up.

“Jaime? You weren’t killed!” I shushed her, and Aqua looked over. I walked over and unlocked their cell, and I unlocked Joshua’s cell, helping him out.

“Many thanks, love. What is your name, anyway?” Aqua looked at him.

“The time for introductions will be later, at the lab.” I nodded and the group started traversing through the castle.

“You won’t make it out alive, sweetheart.” I heard the sickly sweet voice.

“James. Just let us go in peace.” I turned to face my older brother, glaring. He got much taller since I last remember, and practically towered over me.

“I can’t let you do that, little sister. Everyone, including you, cannot leave.”



“Why not? We could easily leave right now.”

“You are the last of your kinds. The last cyborg, the last Enchantress, the last shapeshifter, and the last Ravenhelm. Our goal… Well, to eliminate the ‘last’ part of that. To eliminate all of you.” All of a sudden, there were shrieks and screams of pain coming from other rooms, and a silence that followed, that could only mean death and suffering.

“You had innocent people killed!”

“In the name of justice, and the law, sister dear.” All of a sudden, I saw a flash of blonde, and my brother fell to the floor, a dagger through his skull. I let out a shocked gasp and looked up at Joshua.

“Well, we best get moving, loves.” I nodded and we broke into the area where the royalty kept the vehicles of prisoners, got in our van, and drove off. The angered voice of General Corey White rang out from a megaphone.

“YOU IDIOTS! GET THEM! RAISE THE BRIDGE! DON’T LET THE PRISONERS ESCAPE, YOU DUMB PIECES OF CRAP!!!! MOVE IT, MOVE IT!” I smirked and slammed on the gas pedal, speeding up.

“What the hell, Woods?!?!” I heard Aqua yell from the backseat. “Are you TRYING TO GET US ALL KILLED?!?!” I opened up the rocket boosters that I had attached to the van, ignoring Aqua, and I noticed the bridge starting to raise. I can make this… I grinned and sped up even further. When I got to the bridge I jumped, Aqua and Sierra screaming out of fear in the back, and Joshua in the middle holding on for dear life. I made the van jump, and we made it onto the road, just as the bridge raised up all the way. I pulled over into some bushes nearby so everyone could regain their breath. That’s when I heard Sierra in the backseat start yelling at me.

“JAIME WOODS, WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT?!?! WERE YOU TRYING TO GET US ALL KILLED?!?! BECAUSE THAT’S WHAT IT SEEMED LIKE! WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS JUMPS OFF THE ROAD WHEN A BRIDGE IS BEING RAISED?!? ARE YOU INSANE?!?” She kept going on and on, until I held up a hand to stop her.

“First of all, I was trying to save our asses, so if you don’t like that, we would have been dead. Second of all, I had no other options! Third, we’re safe, aren’t we? So I’d be thanking me instead.” I noticed Josh still hanging onto the seat for dear life, and Aqua shaking, unable to speak. I slowly drove back to the lab, so I wouldn’t hurt or scare anyone again. To try and calm people down, I turned on the radio to find toward the end of ‘Build God, Then We’ll Talk’ by Panic! At the Disco playing, and I heard both Aqua and Sierra sing softly along with it to try and calm their nerves.

“There are no raindrops on roses and girls in white dresses, it’s sleeping with roaches and taking best guesses at the shade of the sheets, and before all the stains, and a few more of your least favorite things. Raindrops on roses and girls in white dresses, it’s sleeping with roaches and taking best guesses at the shade of the sheets and before all the stains, and a few more of your least favorite things.” After a little bit more of driving, we finally made it back to my science lab, and the group walked in.

“Alright, Joshua. My name is Jaime Woods, and I am a cyborg from here in Britain, and I live here in this lab- well- the house above it, doing science and stuff.”

“My name is Aquamarine Killzone, and I am a vandal-slash-street thug-slash-graffiti artist from Spain, and I don’t like most people, and I am an Enchantress.”

“My name is Sierra Lively, and I’m a shapeshifter- and baker- from Paris, France!” Sierra was the most friendly out of all of us, and she always smiles for some odd reason. I guess all the positivity is to hide the pain she’s been through since she was a kid.

“Well, nice to meet you loves. So, what is our plan to take down the prince? Last I heard from Sierra, you only had 24% of a plan

I looked at everyone nervously. Plan? They expect me to come up with a plan? I’m not a leader! Well… I did bring everyone together, and I kind of did say I’d come up with a plan… But what?!? All we have is sleeping powder and uniforms! I heard Sierra cough and everyone still looking at me.

“Well,” I started nervously, then smiled. “Give me one moment. I went off and grabbed the jar of Sleeping Cherry, the sleeping powder I had made, the guard uniforms, and a map of the castle. “Alright, we have three days to do this, so we have to make it quick. Sierra, before we begin any of this…” I handed her the jar. “I need you to go make some pies, preferably cherry since that is what the flavor of the powder is.” I watched her look at the powder. “And, no, don’t taste it to see if I’m correct. We don’t need you unconscious for twelve hours.” Sierra nodded.

“Yes, ma’am, I’m on the way!” She ran off to the kitchen to bake. Meanwhile, I sat next to Joshua.

“I’m sorry about everything that’s happened…” He glanced over at me.

“You don’t have to apologize to me, love. Nothing that happened to me was ever your fault.” Aqua coughed to get his attention.


“Not to be rude or anything, Josh, but what is with calling all of us love? I know it’s not a British thing, ‘cause I have met a few Brits before, and they don’t use ‘love’ at the end of almost all their sentences.”

“Well, you guys remind me a lot of my little sister, Olivia, and that’s what I always called her. I guess it’s my way of- well- keeping her spirit alive.”

“Oh… I wasn’t trying to be rude though….”

“It’s okay. It’s just a way for me to cope I guess. To help me forget- or- not think about the fact that she died five years ago. She’ll remain forever 15, and I couldn’t do anything to stop it. Even I trusted the one who betrayed her and stabbed her in the back- both figuratively and literally.” I looked at him sincerely.

“That sucks… I know what it’s like to have your family dead, and believe me, it’s hard. But you can’t let that be a burden, or weigh on you forever. At some point you have to move on.” I tried to use that as a way to kind of cheer him up, but even I didn’t believe the words I was saying. I still haven’t gotten over my parent’s death, and I’m guessing that I never will. Just then, I heard a cheerful voice amidst all the sorrow and pain we were discussing.

“I’m done! 5 cherry pies filled with heavy doses of Sleeping Cherry.” I stood up.

“Alright. Here’s is what I’m thinking is the plan, and probably will be, unless we find something else, or there is something that goes wrong. Sierra, you will go in first as a guard, and give all the guards some cherry pie. Make sure all the guards eat some, if any are awake when we’re working, the whole plan will fail, got it?”

“Yep! Go in, and make people eat pie.”

“Okay. Next, Joshua and Aqua will go in and distract the other people, the cooks, the bakers, and the like. I need to sneak in and get to Terra so I can distract him.” They nodded at me.

“Sounds good, love.”

“I can work with this guy.” Aqua grinned. I smiled.

“That’s good. First, Aqua, I need you to put the spell on Sierra so she can shapeshift later.” I tossed the spellbook to Aqua. “Then, wear the gloves so you can use magic whenever you want.” I then chucked the green leather gloves at her, and heard her say the Latin spell. A bunch of blue sparkly dust shimmered around Sierra for a little, and then disappeared, so I knew that the spell worked. “Now…” I ran into a storage room quickly, and came back with a set of earpieces. “If we all wear these, I can say a signal that will- you know- be said when I think it’s safe for you guys to come into where the Prince and I are.”

“Do we get any special weapons, love?”

“Actually, I modified some of your weapons. Aqua, your daggers fly much faster, and are laced with a special poison on the tip that I call the Black Death. It’s basically an insta-kill poison.” I gave the daggers to her instead of tossing so I didn’t, like, accidentally kill her.

“Sweet.”

“I know. Sierra, you have a….” I tried to figure out a name for what I made her.

“A laser-firing gun?”

“Exactly!” I gave it to her, and she immediately ran outside to play with it. “Joshua, I didn’t change the weapon very much, since I knew it was a heirloom from your father. But, I just made it farther reaching, and shinier. Much, much shinier.” He smiled and took the sword.

“You’re too kind, love.”

“I’m just looking out for everybody, Josh.” I smiled. I saw everyone come back into the room. Sierra looked at everybody.

“I have an idea- well- a rename for our plan.”

“What is it, Sierra?” I asked.

“Well- let’s do this for all the ones we lost. Let’s do it for the soldiers who fought for our survival, and died trying to keep us free from the Prince. Let’s do it for Olivia Anna Ravenhelm, and Cyrstal Billeo. Let’s do it for John and Eliza Woods.” I felt tears come to my eyes as Sierra mentioned my parent’s names, “Let’s do it for Mr. and Mrs. Killzone. And let’s do it for Alison and Miranda Lively, my mom and sis, and we’ll do it for everyone we lost. For them. That’s why I renamed the team, myself, Team D.I.V.A.S.F.A.L.L. or, as I call it: “Defeat Idiotic Villains and Survive For All Love &Life.” I watched everyone nod, tearing up.

“I like it, Sierra.” I said. “Let’s go, or, as you would say, Allons-y!” We headed out to the van, which I had camouflaged to look like a government vehicle, and we drove off, heading off to see how our plan worked, and to hopefully overthrow a government.

Sierra drove, with everyone in guard uniforms hiding in the van, towards the bridge in which we had just escaped a few days ago. I would be driving, but she and Aqua don’t trust me since last time we were here, I nearly drove off the bridge to try an escape.

“Can’t I just drive?” I whined, uncomfortably twisted on the floor.

“How many times do I have to say no, Jaime? A: They have to believe I’m making a delivery. B: LAST TIME YOU DROVE YOU ALMOST THREW US OFF THE FRICKING BRIGDE!” I groaned, eating a bag of chips I stashed away in case it took us long.

“But you drive like a snail! You’re almost as slow as Internet Explorer!”

“Shut up, Jaime!” I growled and her and sat, pouting.

“Fine!” We drove up to the bridge, and a lonely guard came up to the van to check us. I watch Aqua mutter something, and her, Josh, and I turned invisible to the guards.

“Excuse me, ma’am; I’m going to have to ask just what you are doing here.” He said bitterly.

“Well,” Sierra began. “I have a delivery for the guards! I am a fellow guard myself, of course, but this is for everyone!”

“I’m going to have to see a permit, or look for your name in the system. What is your name?”

“Uh- my name is- well- Casanova Nightingale!” I smiled to myself, since I knew from hacking into their system when I was a kid that there was a Cassandra “Casanova” Nightingale working for the royal guard. Of course, I hadn’t told anyone yet.

“Alright, Sergeant Nightingale, you may enter.” The man let us in without questioning, which I found odd. Sierra got out and opened the door on our side, and we got out, still invisible. Sierra grabbed the ultra-special pies, and shut the van door. I looked at her.

“Remember to say ‘Goodnight’ into the earpiece to let Josh and Aqua know when to go in. They’ll say, ‘The Sun Has Risen’ when they are in. When I’m in position, I’ll say, ‘Lovely Weather We’re Having Today’.” Sierra nodded and walked in to where the royal guards are. After a few minutes, I heard through the earpiece.

“Goodnight, everybody!” Aqua undid the invisibility spell and went in with Josh to distract everybody else. An hour went by, and I covered my ears to Aqua’s yelling.

“The sun has risen! Hurry up and get in there!” I ran in, seeing unconscious guards everywhere, and seeing rooms locked. I made my way into the throne room and broke in, where I saw Terra Cosmos with his back turned, finishing up… a machine? What the hell is that machine? It looks so big, so- WAIT, WHAT?!? I watched in horror as he threw a bag of bones into the machine.

“Now, we’ve tried this before. Just work this time! Once it works, I can move to part three of the plan!” What plan? I thought to myself. “The plan to get you and your little friends busy, sweetheart!” He turned around to face me.

“Lovely weather we’re having today, is it not?” I said, half to him and half into my earpiece.

“Oh, don’t be ridiculous Jaime. I knew every step of your so called ‘Plan’ and I knew every move you were going to make. You have to face the fact that you lost! Well, it’s not hard to lose to a god.” He smirked, an evil, plotting look gleaming in his silver eyes. “And now, you have the honor of being a part of my master plan!” I watched as we were all brought in, and I was held down by my brother…? Okay, he’s supposed to be dead. I watched Joshua kill him!

“Death cannot stop the plan, sister dear. Everyone will play their parts perfectly, and you guys have so far.” James said, his eyes sparkling in the light.

“Now, I just need one ingredient…” I watched as James tossed a vial of blood to Terra. “Perfect!” Terra poured it into a slot on the machine, and tossed a pile of bones into it. I watched as Joshua’s eyes widened, his blood going in, and the machine starting to do some terrible things.

I watched as the machine did its work. I watched as the blood made its way through the machine, activating various levers and pulleys, eventually pouring over the bones on the floor in front of us.

“Wait, no! It’s bringing back the wrong person!” Terra shrieked, freaking out. Everyone watched, as magic in the machine started to work on the bones, and a fifteen year old girl in a torn up dress appeared in front of us.

“WHO- WHO ARE YOU?!? AND WHERE AM I?!?” She yelled as a guard restrained her. So he didn’t send all the guards to “Go to sleep” I guess… Joshua’s voice is the last I expected to hear in this situation.

“O- Olivia? You’re alive! But- But how?” Terra smirked at him.

“My SPECATULAR, godly machine can bring people back to life, as long as you have their ashes or bones, and you need the blood from certain people in order to do it.”

“What kind of people, you bastard?” I yelled, struggling against my brother. I felt a knife go against my neck.

“Stop, sister dear. You’ll only make it worse for you and your friends.

“Now, now, Greenwood. We need her ALIVE.” The knife pressed harder against my neck. “For this resurrection, though, we need more than blood, and in this case, ashes. We need… dark energy mixed with loyalty. And only one person here has it besides me, and I’m not dying. To get the energy, I need their heart.” Another guard grabbed me. “Come here, James.” My brother walked over.

“Who has the dark energy needed to continue your plan, Lord of the Cosmos?” Terra laughed. He reached out and stuck his hand through my brother’s chest, ripping out his heart, a pink, sort of glowing heart, with black swirling in it.

“Oh James, even with your dark energy, you’re still blindly loyal! You should have known this was coming though…” My brother stared at him in shock. “I mean, I always work alone, and only in this case do I need someone else to work with. For my plan, I need someone who is strong, smart, and just- well- BETTER overall than you are!” I struggled harder against the new guard, who is much stronger than my brother is, but seems very dim-witted.

“T- Terra…” He gasped out. I have never felt this way in my entire life, but for once I felt an ounce of sympathy for my big brother. “Please- no…”

“I didn’t know you were a beggar for your life, James Greenwood.” He smirked, and gave the heart a slight squeeze. My brother gasped in pain, collapsing to the ground. “So THAT’S what that does. I learned this little trick from a magic-wielder named Regina. Interesting…” He laughed, and I couldn’t help but shudder. He put the heart on a table, and grabbed a dagger. “Hold her down.” The guard that was holding me back held me tighter, and grabbed my arm, holding it out.

“What are you doing?!?” I struggled. He grabbed the arm that was held out, and I shrieked as he made a large cut down my arm, collecting the blood into a vial. He walked back over to the machine, and poured the blood in, setting up what looks to be a jar of ashes into where the bones were a few minutes ago. He put the heart into another slot of the machine, and started it up.

“Oh no…. I think I know who he is trying to revive…” Olivia said. I heard, and looked to see my brother scream, and fall dead. The dust from the heart fell, mixing in with the blood. The blood fell onto the pile of ashes, and black smoke poured out of the jar.

“W- Who are you talking about, Olivia?” I watched only what I could assume the youngest Ravenhelm start shaking, and eyes widening.

“My- My big sister.” Joshua gasped.

“No- You aren’t saying that he’s….” A blast of light threw everyone back, except for Terra who was still standing, and laughing dramatically.

“She’s here! Now nobody will be able to stop us!” I heard Sierra yell out.

“You’ve got to stop this madness, Terra!”

“This isn’t madness, Lively. This is a new world coming into play!” The smoke cleared, and an eighteen year old woman appeared, cloaked in black, and an aura of evil surrounding her. “Hello, Jennifer Ravenhelm!” She nodded at him, and turned to Olivia.

“Hello, dear sister.” She grinned psychotically. “I’m back.”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.