Burning Heart | Teen Ink

Burning Heart

By Elementica, Cairns, Other
Elementica, Cairns, Other

Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

Author's note:

I was being bullied because of my stories saying that im a freak and that my stories are stupid. but they werent they were brilliant and everybody knew that. my stories ment the world to me and still do today.

The summer time can be peaceful for some people but for Rose it was just the beginning of a marvellous adventure. Rose lost her mother when she was young and she had to grow up without the love and care of another adult by her side. Every week day when school had finished Rose would look outside her bedroom window and she wound dream of the day that she would be free from the world, to go explore and to go wherever the wind takes her.
Every week day morning Rose would get up at 7am and get ready for school, while she was making her way to the kitchen she asked her father “Why do I have to go to school?” and as her father came to give her a hug he said “because learning is FUN!” Rose giggled at her father and went to go make her lunch. The bus ride to school was very long and boring but when Rose turned up at school her friends were rushing to make sure she is okay, but one of her friends, Anna was crying trying to hide the bruise on her left arm. Rose asked Anna “Who did this to you?”
Anna replied with tears running down her face “Lucy did it; she has been looking for you all morning.”Lucy is a girl in Roses English class and they have been enemies ever since year 4 and Lucy would do anything just to get Rose mad but it isn’t easy to get Rose mad. But when she did Rose would always get the blame for it. “I swear once I step one foot into this stupid school every morning there is chaos all around” she said with a furious look on her face. All she wants to do is leave Sunny Coast High School for good, she hated the bullying that has been tossed around the school every single year but only one family was the cause for it Lucy’s family the Raymond’s, they bullied kids ever since her grandfather started studying at Sunny Coast.
After a day of school she came home to a big surprise, her dad yelling “Happy Birthday Sweetheart!” when she walked into the lounge-room she forgot that today was her birthday because of the morning she had. Her dad with his big smile and arms open wide said “How about you give your father a hug”, Rose ran up to her father and gave him the biggest hug ever imaginable and said “Thanks dad you’re the best”.
Her father opened up a beautiful cardboard box to reveal a mobile phone and a purple picture frame with a photo of her and her mother along with a note with a poem on it that read “Roses are red, Violets are blue, when you were born my heart just grew, now you’re 13 and you don’t know what to do, so don’t worry I’m here looking after you. Luv from mummy xxx”Rose had a tear falling down her left cheek and asked her father “What happened to mum?” her father replied with a sad voice “She died of cancer sweetheart, you were 5 years old when it happened”. Rose felt stiffness in her neck and a hand on her shoulder that isn’t there, the clouds turned grey and rain started to pour down. “So how was school today?” he asked. There was no reply so he decided to leave her with the phone and the note. Rose had an instant flashback of her mother, the dream Rose keeps having every night about a guy with golden blonde hair is in a fight with her mother, there were fire in her hands ready for anything but she dies. Every night since her mother’s passing the dream has always been the same, a fight, her mother and a stranger, Rose thought to herself  but what was with the fire?, does it mean something?Rose couldn’t stop but feel like something bad is about to happen, something taking control of her, her movements, her thoughts and her feelings.

.Chapter 2
The next day a new boy came to school, his name was Lachlan Duncan and to Roses surprise he was totally cute and she started to fall for him but she was too nervous to go talk to him. When the bell rang to go to form class Lachlan asked Rose “Excuse me but do know where 8C form class is?”
Rose answered in the most bashful way “Just follow me, that’s my form class.”
And so they walked together to form class and Rose felt butterflies in her stomach until Lucy started picking on her again, even though Rose didn’t show any emotion she felt like crying but Lachlan stood in front of Rose and said to Lucy“Bullying is a crime and it is also harassment, so if you want to go to jail that bad then I suggest that you go bully a police-man.” From that moment on Rose felt safer for once in her life. After form Rose was walking to science when Lachlan ran up to her and asked “What teacher do you have??” with a smile on Roses face she said “I have Mr. Giles” Lachlan let Rose look at his time table and it said ”Mr. Giles, F002.” While she looked at his timetable Rose got hers out of her bag and put them together, when she looked closer she could see that their subjects are exactly the same even their electives, the day, the time and the same teachers were exactly the same. Rose thought it was just a joke but Lachlan thought it was fate. During lunch Lachlan asked Rose “Hi can I sit with you?”
Rose’s friends giggled and said “sure” So Lachlan sat down next to Rose and started to ask questions like:
“Where are you from?”
“When were you born?”
Even though the questions were annoying to Rose she knew she had to give him an answer
“I am from here in the Gold Coast and I was born on 24th of July, 2000”
When Rose realised that all of her friends were staring at her she blushed and said “Shut up!” like she knew what they were thinking.
During math class Rose and Lachlan sat next to each other because Lachlan didn’t have a text book to copy the questions from. The whole class giggled and whispered, Rose tried to ignore the rustling of the gossip being tossed from one side of the room to the other. Just as she was about to walk out of class the teacher said “Miss Hicks, could you please show us the like terms for 2x+7x+6y+3y?” Rose replied in a confident tone “Yes Mr Charles, the like terms are 9x+9y” Rose was about to put her head back down when Lachlan asked “Is your last name Hicks?”
One of the girls in the back row answered for Rose ”No, her last name is Hiccups” Lachlan saw that the comment offended Rose so he stood up and said “Shut up!, If you want to pick on someone’s last name pick on yourself, Taylor Crotch”.
Rose liked being protected but the only thing she actually liked was the pathetic comebacks, they made her laugh like she was actually happy to be at school for once. Rose knew that Lachlan liked her cause she liked him too. Rose kept thinking about the possibilities of him asking her out because she never had a boyfriend before, but she liked the feeling of crushing on someone.

Chapter 3
Today is Saturday and Rose wanted to ask her father a serious question that needs an honest answer. Rose was making pancakes in the kitchen like she always does on a weekend morning. The smell always wakes up her father. When her father was making his coffee and Roses hot chocolate, Rose was setting up the table. When they sat down to eat their delicious pancakes Rose asked her father the question that she wanted to ask “Dad, I was wondering if I can have a party next weekend?”
Her father replied with a curious smile “What’s the big occasion sweetheart?”
Rose replied with hope in her eyes “It’s been three days since my birthday and I would like to celebrate with a party, please dad I’m a teenager now it’s worth celebrating”
Rose’s father replied happily “Of course you can have a party”
Rose got up from her seat and did a happy dance, as her father laughed at her enthusiasm Rose kept saying “I’m going to throw a party, I’m going to throw a party!!”
Rose was so excited that she decided to make a list of the people invited, food and decorations. Rose gave the list to her father who was helping her with the invites and he asked “Why are there boys on the invite list?”
Rose replied “Because they are my friends and nothing more” Rose’s father was relieved with what she said and kept on working on the invites.
Rose had her two favourite colours on the invitation blue and green; she also had the words in bold print to show how important it is for her friends to be there. Rose was as happy as can be; her face glowed with joy and beauty every single second.
Rose started to feel sick, her head was spinning, something was wrong she collapsed to the ground. Rose couldn’t see a thing but she could feel some one picking her up and talking to her, the voice sounded like her dad “Rose!, Rose wake up please” Her eyes opened they were a golden yellow (colour of scared). ”Don’t worry Rose, your safe, you don’t need to be scared” Rose sat up and had a drink of water to make her feel better, she didn’t like collapsing, it left her with a throbbing head ache which hurt a lot. “I think we should cancel the party” said her father
“No, please dad I will be better by tomorrow just don’t cancel the party” she argued
“I don’t think that’s a good idea Rose”
Rose stared at him with her puppy dog face which always gets him to do thing her way. “You are as difficult as your mother” he smirked “Alright you can have your party, but no more collapsing okay?”
“Cross my heart”
The party was still on and she was still excited, her eyes turned back to their normal blue selves after 5 minutes, she could stand again but with a few wobbles. So she thought it would be better for her to sit down instead, her father strumming his acoustic guitar was the best sound in the world, it made Roses nerves calm down a lot more, ready for a new day.

Chapter 4
When Rose got to school on Monday she found her friends at L block, so she handed out the invites to the party, everyone was so excited for the party that they started talking about what to wear or what to bring. When Rose was about to sit down with the group Lachlan asked if he could talk to her for a minute, so they went around the corner to talk when Lachlan asked her “Rose will you go out with me?” Rose replied with a happy smile “Yes Lachlan I will go out with you” They returned back to the group when Roses friends made a noise that made Roseblush. All the girls put on a face that to Rose says “Did you invite him to the party? What are you planning?” Rose was excited for the party and also about her new boyfriend being there with her.
Rose is in Science class with Lachlan for a Science partner, they were talking about the periodic table. Mr Giles said “Does anyone know what Aluminium is made into? Ms Hicks, do you know?” Rose replied with a calm voice “Yes Mr Giles, Aluminium is made into food cans and soft drink cans that people like teachers despise because of their high sugar levels or their heat levels that make the food inside go rotten”Mr Giles replied in a shocked tone “Ms Hicks, May I ask how you know this analysis?” Rose replied with a smile “Experience, Sir, I normally check for sugar levels on cans when I go to thesupermarket or I experiment with an aluminium can and a cupboard” “And how is this experiment going Ms Hicks?” Rose replied with a small note pad in her hand “Well I bought a can of corn yesterday and I have written in my notesthat the can is at four degrees which is high for a newly bought can of corn”Mr Giles with his shocked look replied “Thank you, Ms Hicks for   that interesting analysis of an aluminium can” “I hope all of the class learned something from that” After that everyone wondered how she knows everything that no one understood.
One of the popular girls Cassie from science asked her “What’s your secret?” Rose was confused about the question and asked “What do you mean, what’s my secret?” Cassie replied with a glossy smile “I mean how you get this work stuff?” Rose replied rudely “Cause I’m not a bubble brain like you” Rose doesn’t like Cassie, Cassie ditched her in the third grade for a new girl called Monique Lotorisa and they have been enemies ever since. But that didn’t stop Rose from planning her most amazing party. At second break the word got out about herparty and everyone wanted to go except for Lucy, Monique, Cassie and Monica the 4 of the meanest girls you will ever meet at Sunny Coast High. They all had perfect blonde hair, salon designed French tip nails and snobby attitudes and everyone in school loves them except for Rose and her friends because the “Mean girls” were more stupid than a fish that just swam around its fishbowl but everyone didn’t care about how smart they are but about how rich and stylish they are. No wonder politicians, politics and anything to do with the government are boring because the government is smart but they don’t get any credit for it.

Chapter 5
Hours went passed and the last bell of school finally rang to tell the students they were free. Rose was relieved that she can go home and keep working on the party with her father again but she still had to catch the bus and Lucy was on the bus with her. Rose sat down in one of the bus seats, anger rushing through her body. “Freak!” said Lucy as she walked past Rose.
Rose was already angry but that little push made her furious, Rose stood up from her seat and turned to Lucy and as she did there was balls of fire in her hands. Lucy gasped with fright and said “Please don’t hurt me!” Rose was curious of why she would say that but then she looked down at her hands and saw the fire. Rose couldn’t feel a thing from the fire, but Rose heard Lucy’s voice in her head saying “Freak” over and over. Rose’s eyes turned fire red and Rose through the ball of fire at Lucy. Lucy screamed and Roses eyes turned back to their normal state just in time to see Lucy’s perfect hair was now on fire. Rose was terrified of what she just did; she ran out of the bus and called her dad to ask if he can come pick her up. Rose was scared and upset of what she did, just as a tear fell down her cheek a drop of rain fell on her arm so she sat underneath shelter until her dad came to get her.
10 minutes later her dad was at the front of the school with his arms around Rose, holding her close while he was guiding her to the car. When they got in the car and started it up, her dad wanted to start a conversation, “So why didn’t you catch the bus?”
“I got on the bus, but then...” she started
“You set a girl on fire” he interfered
“Exactly.....wait how did you know?” she asked
“I need to give you something when we get home” he said
“Okay?” she said curiously
When they arrived home her father went through one of thedesk drawers and gave Rose an envelope that was at the bottom of the drawer. Rose opened it with care, there was a letter inside and it read: My Dearest Rose, since you are now 13 you have experienced some new things that have happened to you and I’m not talking about puberty. You have a special gift, the same one I had. Rose you can control the elements by your mood. When you are sad you control water, when you are happy you control earth, when you are terrified you control the air and when you are angry you control fire. If I am not here to help you control this then you must take at least a month’s holiday to see your grandmother in NSW she will train you to be the best. Your father will be there with you in NSW he can help you too. I love you so much sweetheart xx Mother.“So what I need to go stay with gran for a month so I can be trained?” she asked
“Yes sweetheart, we leave tomorrow I already bought the tickets” he told her
“But what about the party? All of my friends are coming” she said
“I’ll give them a call” he told her with a phone in his hand
Rose ran into her room to start packing for NSW, she didn’t like the idea but she really needs to know how to control her gift.
“Dad?” She yelled“Where is NSW?”
“It’s down south, we took you there to go to Luna Park for your birthday.” He told her

Chapter 6
The sound of rain was heavier than before, Rose was drowning in her tears trying to cry away the pain of losing her mother and the memories that are there but can’t be remembered. As soon as her father finished the phone calls he rushed into her room and told her “Rose you might want to take a look out the window cause there is an angry mob outside.”
Rose gasped at the sight of the mob, they were calling her a monster but she wasn’t a monster she just found out about her powers 15 minutes ago. Rose was trembling with the fact of what they will do to her. “Darling” yelled her dad “Can you fly us to the airport using an Element? Possibly air”
“I don’t know Dad but I’ll try because I am terrified right now!” she yelled with a shaken voice
“They are coming up, Hurry Rose!” he yelled
They went up in the air just as soon as the angry mob broke the door down, Rose looked over her shoulder to see that Lachlan was in the mob, Lachlan was going to kill her. Rose held back her tears until they got to the airport, but in every meter they flew past her heart was breaking. Rose wanted to turn around and shoot him with a ball of fire, but they were already at the airport. “Well done......Rose are you okay?” asked her father
Rose looked up at him and said “Lachlan was going to kill me”
“Lachlan you mean your boyfriend tried to kill you?” he asked
“Yes wait......you knew he was my boyfriend?” she said curiously
“Darling I could see it in your eyes” he explained
“Whatever he might have a baseball bat but I have fire balls coming out of my hands” she said
Her father rolled his eyes and asked “Darling do you want to get on today’s flight or tomorrows?”
“Today’s” she said “I want to get out of here as soon as possible”
They got onto the airplane safely and were travelling to NSW when Rose remembered that she left her phone on her bed, one of the people in the mob must have it. She started to worry about her house, the photos, the furniture and the memories, frightened about what they might do to it. A voice came on the speakers it sounded like Lucy’s voice, Good evening passengers, I hope you are enjoying the flight to New South Wales, we just need a quick passenger check so can these people please stand up, Elizabeth Daily, Robert Hale and Rose Hicks Thank you for your cooperation, we will be landing in an hour. Rose didn’t know if she should sit down or not so she kept standing, a person appeared from behind the curtain, it was Lucy she was carrying a wooden baseball bat in her hand. Rose was angry to see her and terrified but she decided to walk out onto the plane isle, Lucy was giving her a death stare. Rose’s hands were on fire again, her father told her to sit down but she didn’t listen, she wanted this to end, the bullying, the name calling, everything. Lucy was running up to Rose, baseball bat in a swinging position. Rose didn’t know what to do so she threw a fire ball at the wooden bat, the bat caught on fire and turned into ash. Lucy froze with fear while Roses eyes turned bright red again, Rose was going to do something terrible to her, Lucy could see it in her eyes, and 2 seconds later Lucy couldn’t see, hear, talk or even think anymore, she was gone.

Chapter 7
No one even glanced at Rose once she got off the plane, it was like no one knew what was happening, the only person who was watching was her father who was happy that she was safe but curious about Rose killing Lucy. ”Rose why did you kill Lucy?” he asked
She replied “Because she was going to kill me and she was a maniac”
“But now they have more reason to kill you” he said which worried Rose; maybe that wasn’t such a good idea after all.
As soon as they got to her Grandmas house her father got a text from Roses phone saying: We will find her and we will kill her, we know that she killed Lucy and we are coming after her. That text sent shivers down Roses spine but she was still able to knock on the door. An old woman with blonde hair answered the door; “it’s happening” said her father and they were invited into the house. They sat down in the lounge room so that her grandmother could ask her some questions, “Now Rose how old are you?” asked grandma
“I turned 13 last week” she answered
“Okay um......when did you start controlling the Elements?”
“Today at 3:00pm”
“I am Lucinda Lane, your grandma and trainer for this month”
“Okay um....Grandma did mum used to set people on fire when she was my age?”
“Why yes she did, she also killed the family pet, why do you ask?” she said with a giggle
“Well I kind of burnt someone to death” Rose replied
“It’s alright sweetie, I will have you trained so you won’t kill people” said Lucinda
“Rose is very good at the air element, she made us fly” said her father
“Bravo Rose, okay here is how I am going to train you” Lucinda started “I am going to start you off with the fire element, we will train everyday from 6:30am to 6:30pm for a week understand?”
“Yes grandma I do” she replied
“So 1 week for each element do you think you can do that Rose?” ask Lucinda
“Yes I do, I don’t want to hurt people anymore” she said
They all got to bed before it was 10 o’clock except for Rose she kept having nightmares about the angry mob, Lachlan and her killing Lucy, she sat outside for hours thinking about the nightmares. Her grandmother came downstairs and sat outside with her “Why are you out here all alone?” asked Lucinda
“I uh....couldn’t sleep” she answered
“Do you want to see something amazing?” asked Lucinda
“Sure” Rose replied
Her grandmother was controlling the pond water, the water jumped out of the pond and turned into the shape of a horse, it made Rose laugh as the water horse was prancing around the backyard, “Go on go for a ride” Lucinda said
“I will get wet, but okay” she said Rose got out the water horse and the horse started jumping over the pond, Rose thought ‘this is so cool!’ “Do you want to start training now?” asked Lucinda
“Definitely!” Rose Yelled
Lucinda brought out a manikin that looks like it has already been used. Lucinda stuck a cardboard baseball bat on one of the manikin’s hands and said “This manikin is represented as an enemy, someone who is trying to kill you because you are different, think of someone who has tried killing you and bring your anger out to defeat them” Roses eyes turned red again when she thought about Lachlan and Lucy trying to murder her, fire lit up the manikin as soon as it hit the plastic body, the plastic was melting while Lucinda was clapping and saying “Great job, you aimed perfectly, straight in the heart is always the best way to kill someone with fire”
Rose smiled with happiness, her grandma loved the way she thought, but Rose had one question to ask her grandma and she decided to ask her after training. “Grandma, how did mum die? I know the cancer excuse is not what really happened”
“She got killed by a non-powerful human, like those people who want to kill you, bat and knife carriers. We call them the disbelievers, they don’t believe in people like us they believe in the government and money not magical creatures” Lucinda explained
“Well grandma, I’ve been having this dream ever since mum died, it was about a battle or something?” she said
Lucinda looked like she was about to cry “Yes Rose, that was the battle that killed your mother”

Chapter 8

Rose finally knew how her mother died, not by cancer but by disbelievers, people who didn’t believe in magical creatures and superpowers, they were buried in disbelief. Every time a person discovers their own magical miracle it is an instinct that the disbelievers will find and kill the miracle, that’s why Lachlan tried to kill her it is an instinct. Rose was determined to train and fight in her mother’s name, Roses grandma has a room filled with books and information about magic, powers even adventure books that her mother used to read as a child and information about the feud between disbelievers and magical creatures. “You can stay in here and read if you like” said Lucinda. Rose picked a book that had information about the feud and sat down at the window sill and started to read. Rose got half into the when she found something very interesting it read: If a female element controller is killed in battle by a disbeliever, the offspring of the element controller will have the chance to kill the offspring of the disbeliever in battle to bring back the element controller from the dead. As she read this she highlighted it in a yellow highlighter and ran to show her grandma and father screaming “Gran, Dad I know how to bring mum back!” “What do you mean bring mum back?” asked her Dad “Look!” she said pointing at the highlighted paragraph “But who is the person who killed mum?” asked Rose “Jackson Duncan he has a son called Lachlan Duncan” said Lucinda Rose knew what she had to do she had to kill Lachlan to get her mother back and since he tried to kill her that would be easy to get her anger back up and running. “Grandma lets train” she said “Hold your horses Rose, we trained last night, we will train again after lunch” said Lucinda Rose agreed and they all sat down quietly eating their toast and sipping their tea. “I am thinking about getting a dog” said Lucinda “That’s fantastic what breed?” asked Rose with a smile on her face “A fire fox, it’s a magical dog, when they are angry they turn into fire and once I get one he will protect you” explained Lucinda “That is awesome!” said Rose “There is an underground pet shop just underneath the biggest roundabout” “How do we get in there?” asked Rose “You’ll see” said Lucinda There were 4 doors one for every magical need, there was Mr Storm’s Doctors, Mrs Polka dots Grocery shop, Mrs Handy’s Hardware store and Mr Millers Pet shop. They stepped into the brown and white pet shop door to see that all of the animals were running around, having such a good time. “Good morning, I would like to buy a male fire fox please” said Lucinda “Certainly Lucinda, but it looks like he bought you” said Mr Miller pointing at an adorable brown dog that looked like aLabrador.“It is special when the pet picks you, it’s actually rare” said Mr Miller looking at Rose with a smile on his face. “Great we’ll take him” said Lucinda trying to get money out of her pink striped purse. They arrived home at 8:30 and the fire fox was excited to be in his new home, he ran around the house a couple of times and then decided to follow Rose to her room. “What should I name you? Since you are my pet” she said “What about Dragon?” said the dog Rose looked around the room to see if anyone was there, but no one was there only her and the dog. “Did you just talk?” “Nope” said the dog “You know for a fire fox you aren’t very bright?” said Rose “Fine I did talk, so what about Dragon as my name huh?” asked the dog “Dragon is a perfect name for you” said Rose

Chapter 9
When everyone was finished talking Dragon, Rose and Lucinda went out into the garden to train again. “Okay this lesson you will be battling a real fighter in the magic arts” said Lucinda as a stranger appeared from the darkness, he had black hair and the bluest eyes Rose had ever seen “This is Mason, he will be your other trainer for this month”
They got into position ready to train for the battle, “Ready, Go!” and they were off water verses fire, Mason knocked her down but she got back up and hit him with a fire ball right in the leg. ”Great Rose, now hit him in the chest!” yelled Lucinda. Rose’s eyes turned red and she struck him with a fire ball. Mason got up and hosed himself off and congratulated Rose. “Hey, Great job, when did you start becoming an element controller?”
“Umm.....Yesterday” replied Rose
“Wow you’re a quick learner, you must be Lisa’s Daughter?” he said
“How do you know about my mother?”
“She is the best element controller of all time, everyone knows Lisa, she was a celebrity here well to the magical folk” he said
Rose giggled “Maybe we can hang out sometime?”He said
“Sure, I would love to”answered Rose
After training Rose and Dragon were walking back to their room when Dragon asked her a question. “You like him don’t you?”
“Who Mason, no” she said
“You do, you can’t hide anything, your eyes show too much” he said
“Okay fine I like him” said Rose while she was opening her bedroom door to discover that Lucy’s friend Monica was there.
“What are you doing here Monica?” asked Rose
“Came to do something I have wanted to do for a long time” said Monica with a knife in her hand
Before Monica walked towards her, Rose used her air element to shoot her out the window, “You won’t survive trying to kill me!” she yelled Rose jumped down into the backyard and Monica was running at her, Rose shot her in the leg with a fire ball, Monica was down, her eyes didn’t turn red at all this time but she still had the strength to kill Monica, the fire ball went straight in the heart and Monica was no more.
Mason and Lucinda was watching from the dining room drinking tea when Rose disintegrated Monica and was impressed, when Rose went back into the house Lucinda gave her a big hug. “Why didn’t you help me?” Rose asked
“Because you need to fight your own battles to get to the top” answered Lucinda
Mason looked at her with an impressed smile on his face and said “I told you, you were learning fast”She giggled and made herself a cup of tea, but Rose didn’t know that Lachlan was in the shadows watching them and gettingmore jealous after every smile that spread across Roses face. Lachlan didn’t want to kill only Rose he wanted to kill Mason too.

Chapter 10
When Mason and Rose were talking about themselves to one another they found out that they have a lot in common, it made Rose blush and laugh even more. Her broken heart was mending itself, no more scars and bruisers just a big, red beating heart. Her eyes turned purple and Mason finally knew what she was feeling and he was feeling it too, they are in love but Rose was the only one who didn’t know how Mason felt about her. They walked to Lucinda’s very own library, Mason found a book that has information about rare element controllers, there was a page that was book marked and a paragraph highlighted which read: Only the rarest of element controllers have eyes that change colour by mood, every colour has a certain mood. Blue= Happy, Green= Nervous, Purple= Love, Orange= Curious, Yellow= Scared and Red= Angry, ect. It is a very rare and special gift but if a disbeliever sees the colour changing eyes they will use it to their advantage to kill the element controller. Mason pointed to the highlighted part to show Rose, Rose blushed and her eyes turned pink. ”I am guessing pink is embarrassed?” asked Mason Rose nodded and looked at Mason, he was drawing something, an eye, a purple eye. Rose’s heart was pounding like a drum, Mason loved her and he didn’t care that she was being hunted down by disbelievers or that she has already killed two disbelievers, he loved her for her and that’s all she ever needed to know. “Rose, Mason a little help please!” yelled Lucinda. They ran down stairs as fast as they could, “Disbelievers everywhere” said Mason
“Rose, Mason on my count, Ready......Go!” exclaimed Lucinda Disbelievers with weapons everywhere, “Rose look out!” yelledher father, one Disbeliever down heaps more to go, Rose was so angry that her eyes had fire in them, she grabbed oneDisbeliever by her scorching hand and he was gone in the time of 2 seconds, Mason decided to follow her lead and burn them to the ground, Dragon decided to follow the leader by helping kill all of the Disbelievers with them, all of the Disbelievers were defeated except for Lachlan, Monique and Cassie they ran off without a trace. Rose tried to run after them “Hold it Rose, save it for the battle” said Lucinda. Rose ran up to Mason and gave him a hug, he hugged her back as soon as her eyes turned yellow again, her father and Lucinda joined in on the hug, “Rose don’t worry you will be trained enough to fight them, you are strong enough, just believe in yourself” said her father
“Okay, that’s enough now who wants to help me clean up this mess?” said Lucinda
They all agreed to help and they did it as quickly as possible, they were so tired from the fight and the cleaning that they all sat down in the lounge room, watched a movie and drank some Pepsi. Mason and Rose sat next to each other until Rose fell asleep. “Well this was the best day ever” said Mason with a laugh at the end. “At least she is sleeping for once she couldn’t get to sleep at all last night” said Lucinda. They all said good night and went to bed except for Mason he fell asleep right next to Rose and woke up in the morning with not a care in the world about what will happen next.