Into the Dark | Teen Ink

Into the Dark

March 11, 2015
By endoftheline BRONZE, jackson, New Jersey
endoftheline BRONZE, Jackson, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible and we count these moments, these moments when we dare to aim higher,to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known, we count these moments as our proudest achievements, but we lost all that, or perhaps we've forgotten that we are still pioneers and we've barely begun, and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.
-ode to Apollo 11 and the joy of discovery


Summary:

A military colony, Ceres, is attacked and many are killed. In charge of security, Hawk squad and its leader, Captin Jane Reed, are determined to find the perpertrators. But someone has betrayed them, and they must go out on their own to solve the mystery of the attack. Along the way they must find a way to deal with the grief and guilt caused by the death of Rus, one of their own.

The squad quickly finds the raider base, and launches an attack of their own. It is here that Jane is first confronted by the dangers posed by the revenge she seeks for Rus.

After this attack, they rush back to Olympus to protect it fom a final attack. But their plan to deal with the raiders goes awry and Captain Reed must embark on a dangerous suicide mission to save the colony. 

But traitor in their mist still remains even after they save Olympus and threatens to take away all they've accomplished. 


endoftheline

Into the Dark


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.