Land of Prince | Teen Ink

Land of Prince

By CarlyWalden21, Eastbrook, ME, Maine
CarlyWalden21, Eastbrook, ME, Maine

When your dreams escape, your mind does too.

Author's note:

I like fairytales.

Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace

Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]

Return

capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\

shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift

English

alt
alt

Preferences

Once upon a time is a familiar storybook introduction. Once you read that line, you  get introduced to the story and the characters involved such as: A prince, a princess, an evil  queen, and the profound hero. But in this version you’ll come across twisty tales and  complications you’d never see in a normal fairytale. I can’t guarantee you happiness or  sadness, I can’t guarantee much. But I will promise you that for a second, you won’t put  this story down. Because the thrill of pure adventure has all ready entered your mind and  has began to expand. This isn’t just any old fairytale you find on a bookshelf covered in  dust. Only one girl has the gift to expand her imagination to create such a place that seize  to exist.  Only one can truly exceed to her own absolute prior knowledge. One can change  the history of fairytales...

Emma awoke in an uncanny and unfamiliar place. Before she even opened her eyes  she could feel the unfamiliarity within her her body. There was just something about where  she was that bought weird and uninviting confusion that contrasted with welcomed and  mysterious curiosity, that only would begin to lengthen the minute she opened her eyes, to  look upon the new world she would soon begin to scrutinize with interest.
  “Where in the world could I possibly be?” she asked herself. She was of full of  complete and underlying curiosity. She placed her hands down delicately and noticed she  sat upon a soft bed of grass that almost looked like it had been a planned nest. The soft  grass the color of a light gold was woven together like a bed and so nicely. The texture of  the grass was what confused her, it wasn’t like any grass she had ever touched before.  Grass was itchy and uncomfortable, this grass was different, it was special. As she  scrutinized and observed the grass and eventually pushed herself up and dusted the loose  strands of grass of her white dress and tights.
Emma stood on her feet and let her brown leather boots sink into the soft golden grass that  surrounded her. She noticed the bed of grass soon ended and when she was finally upon the  hard forest floor she began to look around her. As continued to look all around her and  noticed she was surrounded by trees. This forest wasn’t just an ordinary forest she had ever  been in, this forest was like a rainbow. The trees around her varied from a number of  colors. From greens to yellows and even from blues to reds. Most of the leaves of the tree  were a deep blue while some of the plants and mushrooms were a pale purple to a deep red.  Most of her curiosity came through observation for most her life. Reaching out to the  tangible was something she often didn’t do. Emma thought about touching these odd plants  and trees. If they looked odd they might even feel odd, like the grass she woke up on. She  headed towards a tree walking slowly with caution at first then she reached out slowly and  touched a blue leaf and pulled it lightly off the tree. As she held it firmly in her hand she  couldn’t think anything about it that seemed odd, sure it looked interesting but didn’t seem  at all delighting. Her enthusiasm for observation had always been a thrill, but her thought  of these weird colored leaves had now changed after touching them.
  “It’s like a roy g biv. If only I could remember the colors of the rainbow maybe  things would possibly work out easier for me.” She began to walk at a slow pace, then
waked faster. Emma walked slowly through the forest continuing to view the world around  her. She then thought about home. Everything about this place was very different from her 
own home. The coloring of the trees and the forest was only just the beginning of change
for her. When comparing this new place to home, it made her feel more comfortable but
then again it made her question, where am I? Her thinking of this new place started to  initiate feelings about home and about her family. If she were here, where were they?
She knew she had a family somewhere.
  “Oh mother I wish I knew where you were. I dearly miss you, Claudia, and Sarah.”
  Emma knew she had a family even if they were not the nicest towards her. And lately  they hadn’t been very nice at all. In fact she knew that her two sisters were cruel and  conniving, and quite convincing when it came to telling false tales about their older sister  who was twelve. The eleven year old and the nine year old were immensely envious of her  because she was older. Being older was something her sisters dreamed of daily and even  talked to Emma about. They wanted the clothing, the books, the perfumes. All the new and  hidden luxuries every twelve year old could have. What they didn’t know was that being  twelve wasn’t all of that. Being twelve was a responsibility. There was fair luxury in that.  Being twelve was a reality. There was no story telling and fairytale in that. Being small and  being youthful was every wish everyone wanted. Young children were young and wouldn’t  understand the luxury of youth until they experienced being older. Emma continued to  think and talk to herself about the wonders of her family and life then returned to the fact  that she was lost in a place that could be far more judgmental then her home. A place where  she could be lost, a place were she could encounter true fear and perilous wonder. A place  where she could be trapped forever with nobody but her own thoughts. Anybody who was  trapped with their own thoughts could be driven far more mad compared to those who were   in isolation with other people.
  “If only I could talk to them again, then I wouldn’t be so worried,” she sighed in a   melancholy voice. As much as she was delighted to be away from her family. She wished  she could be with them.She walked slowly. “I am a bit hungry. Perhaps I could find  something maybe something to eat? Crackers and tea. No way could there be crackers and  tea way out in the forest.” she told herself. Emma sat pondering to herself until she came  upon a bushel of small red berries. They were a deep red and small in size. She held them  in her hands for a minute and stared at them with caution. She once had read about forest  were filled with berries and that most were poisonous. She thought about throwing them  away but still her hunger wouldn’t be satisfied. She decided she might as well try them. At  least if she tried them and they made her sick, she would still know she tried.
  They were sweet, sweeter than anything she had ever tasted and were delightful so  she grabbed for more. The bright red juice dripped down her chin staining her chin along  with her  lace white dress. Besides leaving her chin red the berries left her lips the color of
cherries.
  “Fabulous, those berries were very delectable. And at home I shall request
more and eat them all day long. That of course is if I can find them at home. I hope I can  find them at home. Maybe I can even share them with Sarah and Claudia. I know they  wouldn’t ever share with me but since I am twelve now I suppose I could share with them”  she whispered to herself.
  She continued to walk through the wood until she got a glimpse of a small clearing.  She prodded along until she saw she was out of the wood and now in an open clearing. She  looked upon the sky and sun shun down brightly sending  luminous rays across the land in  all directions. She knew she would walk whatever which way and would end up some  where different. The thought of this left a deep frustration within her.
   Emma stood still silently looking ahead and then kicked her leather boots against the  dirt.
  “Oh it’s helpless, I shall never get home to see my family again,” she cried out loud.  She felt helpless with defeat as she sat upon the ground tracing her fingers into the earth over and over again.

It was then until she heard a eldritch screech from a far that frightened her off her  hands and knees and onto her two feet. She was afraid but also concerned as well, the noise  was like nothing she had ever experienced. It was a faint ear piercing sound that made her  want to curl up and shelter her ears from the pain. It was then she saw it the most shocking  and unearthly creature that she had ever laid eyes upon.
  It stood eight feet at the most, it was certainly the most tallest creature she had ever  seen. It was very skinny and a pale blue color. It had a snow white goatee and piercing  yellow eyes. It’s long tail was it’s most distinct feature and the creature dragged a long  rusted cable that tore at the ground. As she studied the creature she wondered what on earth  it could possibly be. It wasn’t anything like from her world. In her world, animals crawled  on four feet and bears sometimes stood on two feet. The creature wasn’t earthly therefore it  may not be friendly. She was sure to kept her distance when she summoned it with English.  Hoping maybe the creature would understand and maybe direct her in the right direction.  But then again, what would be the correct direction?
  “Excuse me sir, can you stop dragging that cable?” she asked silently more afraid
of creature’s response then the creature’s actual appearance. She learned not to judge based  on appearance but judged based on morals. The creature’s sight wouldn’t harm her, but it’s  actions could. She thought maybe the creature couldn’t understand her since it was not  responding to anything she said. She thought maybe it didn’t hear her and was doing to ask  again until he spoke.
  “Thou shall not address me in such a eerie tone. Do you know that it is rude
to talk to someone without addressing them properly?” he asked, being mannerless  himself. The creature had dropped the cable though so she assumed he must of understand  stood whether he was nice about it. He slapped his hands together and then looked over at  her in a state of confusion.
  Emma shook her head. “No sir I can assure you I had no such idea that it was  impolite.”
  “Well now you know!” he hissed and turned about. He was about to pick up the cable  once more until Emma addressed him once again. She was a little afraid and was trying to  be cautious as possible.
  She continued to address him. “Well hello sir, my name is Emma Darling and I  would very much like to seek some answers to questions I have. You see I have no idea
where I am and certainly I have no idea who you are.”
  “Seek whom my dear child?” he asked.
  “Seek no one, only answers.” she said.
  “I don’t see what your saying.” he said once again puzzled.
  He smiled, “My name is Baldwin Blue.”

Emma smiled, “Baldwin?” she asked. “What a very amusing name, I shall like to   know how you got a name like that?”
   “Baldwin Blue young lady, is a family name. Baldwin has been a family name  on the man’s side for many many generations. In fact, the name is so old I have no idea  when it first originated. And Blue is my last name, Edward is my middle name. So that  is where my name came from.”
  She held out her hand, “Well it’s a very nice name. My name is Emma...Emma  Darling. I am the first Emma in my family and it was my great grandmothers name. In my  world most children are named after their parents and grandparents.”
  “Your name is very amusing too. I’ve never heard of an Emma before. Where are
  you from my child?” she asked.
  “I am from England.”
  “ING-LAND! Never heard of such a place,” Baldwin said.
  “Well England is a country in the United Kingdom with countries called Ireland,  Scotland and Wales. And then the United Kingdom is part of Europe and Europe is one of  the seven continents. There is Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Australia,  Africa, and Antarctica. Those are what make up my world.”
  “How strange.” he said, like he hadn’t ever heard of the world.
  “What do you call his place?” asked Emma. She figured this place wasn’t earth if the  trees were blue.
  “Land of Prince.”
  “What’s Land of Prince?”
  He sighed. “You child have no clue in the world where thy are, do we?”
  “I just got out of the wood. I woke here on soft grass. I awoke here and the funny  thing is, I don’t remember how I got here? It’s all very strange.”
  “Why would you find humor in that? Why would it it be funny?” asked Baldwin.
  Emma sighed. “Oh no it’s not really funny. In my world when a person says that’s  funny its really an expression that stands for, I’m confused. Where I am come people say  that stuff all the time, it’s actually very normal.”
  She sat down. “ I am very tired, Baldwin And I would very much like to find my  way home to my dearest mother who must be very worried about me. Do you think you  can help me find my way home?”
  “ I shall get you home young child.” he said.
  She became very exuberant and content. She had never experienced a stranger before  who was willing to help. In her world, her mother often told her you were not allowed to  trust strangers. She would tell her and her sisters that strangers were bad people that could  to bad things to children so you must not trust anybody whom you do not know. Emma  didn’t think of Baldwin in that way. He had all ready told her so much and was very nice.  She wouldn’t dream of him ever hurting her.
  “Oh thank you! Thank you! I thank you very very much Baldwin Blue.” she said and  shook his hand.
  “But I cannot take the quest with you alone young child. Thy is much too  treacherous.” he said. She thought what he meant that they couldn’t travel alone. Was there  somebody else he wanted to help?
  “What does treacherous mean?
  “Why it means dangerous.”
  Emma nodded. “Who will help us on our journey then?
  “Prince will.”
   “What prince.”
  “Prince.”
  “Prince, that is his name.”
  She thought of Prince being a very weird name for a prince. Most princes were  named Philip or John along with kings being named Henry. Prince was just a noun, a noun  couldn’t be somebody’s name, could it? She thought about this Prince as the  two of them  walked. What would he be like? Would be he nice and friendly and willing to help? Would  be handsome like all the story books described. Would he have a sword? Has he killed a  dragon? Does he own his own horse? Or does he all ready have a princess that he has to  marry. She couldn’t help but let her curiosity take over her fantasy of this Prince. Together  she and Baldwin continued to travel on a road that was labeled, “The Queen’s Road.”
The sun radiant and bold and it had seemed that way for hours as they still journeyed on.  Emma finally decided she would ask Baldwin where they were and how far it would take  them to get there. Usually she wasn’t impatient but she was tired and at heart and mind, felt  so very far from her home.
  “Baldwin we have been walking forever? When will we get to the castle?” she
asked. She hoped the castle wouldn’t be too much further. She was very intrigued to meet  his new Prince. “My mother and sisters are probably worried sick about me. I’ve been gone  such a long time it seems.”
  “Oh my dear time doesn’t matter in Land of Prince. Time and day doesn’t matter  in this place.” he said very carelessly.
  “Why doesn’t it matter?” she asked. In her world people were very meticulous about  time. Time is what ran the world, without time she figured everything would most likely be  chaotic.
Baldwin looked at her. “Because child, in this place there are more important things to
discuss and do. ”
  “Where I come from time and day is very important. Like the days of the week  are too.”
  “What is a week?” he asked.
  She raised her eyebrows. “A week is a specific amount of days. There are seven  whole days in a week. Starting with Monday then Tuesday, then Wednesday, Thursday,  Friday, Saturday and Sunday,”
  “Very interesting,” he said softly, with a baffled look on his face.
  Emma enjoyed making conversation with Baldwin because everything she told  him was new. And everything he told her was new. They lived in two separate worlds  where everything was contrasting. She wondered what other things were considered  important in her world that were less important in the Land of Prince.
  “How long of walk to the castle?  I dear hope it’s not too much further long. I am
getting very tired.” she said softly.
  “We may have to stop soon because it will be getting very dark and like I said
this place is very treacherous. And there are creatures here that I can imagine that are non  existent in your world I suppose.”
  “What kind of creatures.”
  “One’s that will eat you whole.”
  She gulped and soon they rested at a log and made a small fire, then sat around it.  She let the heat from the fire warm her hands and her body. She did her best to wipe the  dirt and leaves off her dress. Her mother use to tell her at twelve years old she could never  present herself filthy, because only children were filthy.
  Baldwin was a very neat and incredulous story teller. He told fables and stories that  would make any child want to sit and listen. They were filled with courageous tales and  remarkable adventures. Every story he told besides being an adventurous tale. There was  something in it that you learned, something important. Some detail that taught you a lesson  in life. They were the most fantastical fables she’d ever heard. He put so much thought and  detail into every sentence to make sure that you were listening. It was almost like he used  magic in his words to draw you in, to make you want to listen.
  “I very much enjoyed your stories. They were outstanding and phenomenal. I
could only wish to have adventures likes yours one day.” she said softly.
  “Adventure is something you can hear about, see about, and read about. It’s an
on-going prophecy that even the great swashbucklers themselves cannot very much  establish.” Baldwin said in the most wisest and incisive voice she had ever heard. She  wanted to write that quote down in a notebook and use in a paper someday, perhaps in a  story of her own. She loved to write her own stories about where she had been and what  she had done that day. She would turn it into something more magical and fantastical. Her  mother would often tell her stories are just used to entertain children, no other purpose. But  Emma thought they were real.
  “Now young lady I think it is time for you to rest up. We have only a short way to go
tomorrow before we become upon the castle.”
  Emma smiled and then she rested on the ground next to the fire. She soon shut
her eyes with smile still spread across her face....

Emma could feel herself slipping into a small and unpleasant dream. It was like
nothing she ever dreamed before. The dream was more like a unforeseen vision. She
could feel herself running and coming eye to eye with a lady. She was dressed in a ebony
dress and her hair fell faultlessly over her face and her still cherry red lips spread into an
evil grin. Besides appearing evil, she was ver beautiful. The woman was after her and she  didn’t know why because it was someone she simply had never met. Someone that she never  had laid eyes upon. As the dream continued a series of events flashed before Emma’s eyes  sending her into an illusion filled with fire, ice, water, and creatures from the deep. She  soon relapsed and awoke.

Emma awoke and coughed hard. Baldwin had poured a thing of cold water on
her to wake her up. She looked around and saw it was light out and that she was still asleep  on the ground. She looked around and could see no evil woman. Only trees and newly
earth yet to be discovered.
He peered at her, “Are you okay my lady?”
  “Yes, yes I think I am fine.”
  “We are almost to the castle. But I may worn you of the few complications we
may encounter being just people.”
  They walked and Emma dreaded on that small thought. How could anybody be  complicated as a person?
  “But how can anyone have a complication being a person? I don’t understand
what you are talking about?”
  “My lady what I’m saying is that we may have troubles getting help. Asking for
help from Prince is something that simply doesn’t happen all the time. If someone doesn’t
please him it’s either off with the head or another crucial certainty of death.” he said, with  fear in his voice, she could swear he was shaking.
  “How could anyone be that awful! What do the queen and king answer to that? Is  that their punishment, killing the innocent?” she questioned with a tint of anger in her  voice.
  He sighed. “I’m not sure my lady, not sure.”
  “How could anyone not be sure about anything?” she asked.
  Emma was very angered by this prince, who happened to be named
Prince.
  “Oh oh there it is!” Baldwin cheered. “There at the bottom of this hill is the castle.”
  Emma smiled when she saw the castle. It was just like how she imagined it would be.
It was tremendous in size and the way the walls were built, high off the ground, it would
be impossible for any thing to attack. It was made of stone and there were guards around  the castle on top.
  “Looks very powerful. And the whole thing and this whole land is ran by this
malicious Prince?” she asked.
  “Well Prince is only one part. His mother Queen Anastasia is worse,” he said.  “Her  remarks and decisions effect everything.”
  “Maybe she should be overthrown,” she said.
  He nodded. “That would most likely never happen. And if it did I could only wonder  what complications would betide.”

They approached the castle and the numerous amount of guards surrounding it.
There were so many guards that she didn’t even think it was possible for there to be
enough to even guard the inside of the castle. She figured this royal Prince and his mother  the queen must be very royal.
  “Excuse me O’ valiant sir. This young lady has requested to see Prince and the
Queen on the advantages of seeking answers.” said Baldwin.
  “The Queen does not want to be seen by any faces today. She is in a rather  disappointing mood and is being very hard to please. May I suggest you come back
another time when she is more well to speak to?” he said. The guard went back to standing
in a pleasing manner.
  Emma growled. “Listen I have to speak to the Prince. Forget about the Queen and let
me speak what needs to be spoken. I give demands and I want them to be fulfilled.”
  “I’ll send a messenger in.” He looked at one of the guards. “Lord Ashton please
tell the queen that a young child has requested to see Prince. It’s very urgent and  important.”
  Emma stood waiting for a while with Baldwin. Soon she was starting to become very
impatient waiting. In every fairytale she read the protagonist usually got what they
wanted right away, in this place it was different. She hated waiting for things because
she was use to everything given to her.  Hope filled her soul as the door opened up and
the guard stood there taking her and Baldwin in.
  “Whoa look at all these people. I do not think I have ever seen so much people
in my life before.” she said.
  Baldwin laughed. “I’m starting to believe you haven’t seen a lot of things.”
  “I too have seen a lot of things!” she said, she felt quite offended. She had seen much  of the world compared to other children her age. She had been to France and Spain along  with Russia and even southern Africa.
  Emma walked the stairs up to the royal lair and then she saw him. The most  handsome and perfect boy stood in front of her. He was like the Prince Charming of all  Prince Charmings’. From his tall slender body that appearing strong and bearing from what  she assumed was training and swordplay. From his glowing skin to his shoulder length  honey colored hair the color of honey. What made her suck in her breath was his big murky  brown eyes just staring ever so satisfying at her figure. The long and awkward stare  between them was soon interrupted so instantaneously by the Queen. Emma felt her body  jump as she heard the sharp and elegant voice of Queen Anastasia. 
  Queen Anastasia seemed very familiar, to her beautiful figure dressed in a deep  velvet purple and thick jeweled cape to her dark lips the color of cherries and voice full of  vexation. She almost seemed like somebody she was once close to. Yet she was beautiful  yet very mean and angry and very displeased. Emma could tell by looking into her eyes  that she was to be feared and most likely was feared.
  “Ut-ut!” she coughed to get her attention. “You have requested to see us child
now tell us what you have came to speak of.”
  “I-I came to seek answers. Yesterday I woke up in this place in the wood.
I w-was wondering if you could help me return home?” she asked.
  Anastasia spoke ever so rudely. “Well why do you think we could help you?”
  “Well my lady I heard that only pure intelligence is the pure gift of the queen.
And if I were to seek anyone for answers it would be you.” said Emma. She had always  learned from reality and fables that pleasing the enemy with compliments was one way to  possibly win their heart and trust. And she definitely needed the trust from such royalty.   “Well I guess I have no choice but to help you with only the ways I can.” she said  with a smirk that was very sly. Emma wondered whether she was better off with trusting  Baldwin until Prince stood up. He held his hands on his hips and smiled at her.
  Prince stood up. “Excuse me mother. I think it would be the most appropriate
to get the young lady dressed and fed. She came here on a long journey and I think it
would be utter most important to please our guest with much care and respect as we
give ourselves?” he suggested. Emma was very pleased with his regards. Perhaps  something fresh to present herself and food for energy wouldn’t be such a bad idea.
  A smug smile spread across her face, “Well of course my dear son. But only the
girl. Get the other peasant out of sight.”
  “He’s not a peasant he’s my friend!” Emma yelled at her and walked over to  Baldwin defending him in every way she could. “Oh Baldwin I can’t let you leave.”
  “Your in good hands my lady.” 
  “I want you to accompany me on my journey.”
  “I will wait until you are ready.”
  Prince held his arm out for her to take with a smile across his face. She thought his  friendliness was very winning and trusting so why not give him a chance. He was very  pleasing unlike his mother Queen Anastasia. “Shall I bring you to my servants so they can  give you a dress. Then they will serve us dinner.”
  “Why does the queen have to make my only friend leave.”
They walked slowly through the castle.
  “Your only friend? Why is he your only friend?” he asked
  Emma knew back home she was friendless and wasn’t the friend type. She was  twelve and in a private school. She dressed, acted, and did stuff differently from other   girls her age. She got laughed at and made fun of at school a lot. Life was hard for her as a  preteen and even her family couldn’t help her there. As much as she wanted to be liked, she  felt she would never fit in.
  “Because nobody likes me.”
  “Why I like you.”
  “You don’t count.”
  “Why?”
   “Your not my friend.”
  “I could be.”
  Prince let go of her arm and then opened the door. “Trudy, this is a new guest. I
expect you dress her well and please her to her satisfaction. Dinner will be ready shortly.”
  Emma stood gazing at herself in the long mirror, her reflection was different then  what she had imagined. She stood in a long sleeved golden dress and a white cape that was  silk and satin and had on golden shoes. Her hair was thick and combed out and she had a  golden crown in the shape of leaves placed on her head. As she studied herself in the mirror  she couldn’t help but think she looked like a princess. With her crown, she even felt like a  princess.
  “I hope you are satisfied,” Prince said and stood leaning against the door, his arms
were crossed. He smiled softly.
  “I’ll be sure to be happy when I have returned home.”
He smiled, “Of course Youngness.”
  “Youngness?”
  “Yes I’ve decided to call you that.” he laughed.
  Emma smiled, “I would very like to have some dinner.”
Prince held out his arm for her to take and the two of them walked down the hall and out
to the dinner table where Queen Anastasia sat along with the King Romon.
  “Yes please, join us for dinner,” she said with a smug look on her face.
Prince pulled out a chair. “Sit.”
  Emma obeyed and sat down in the soft velvet chair and studied all the servants
around them who just sat watching them eat.
  “Why are they still standing there?” she asked.
  “They are guarding us to make sure no intruders are to come in,” he said softly  and began to eat. She thought it was weird that guards had to make sure nobody killed you  while you ate. She guessed it was just a social norm here and would leave it with that.
“So Emma where do you live?” King Romon asked. They all looked up and really  f wanted to know.
“Well I live in the country of England.”
“Where is that?”
“In the United Kingdom, I’m sure.”
“United Kingdom?”
“Yes.”
King Romon scratched his beard. “I’ve never heard of such a place. But I’m sure
they have had lots of battles right?”
“Yes I am very sure England has had some battles. I don’t know very much about that sort of stuff.”
“Then what stuff do you know about?” the Queen questioned her, she was
demanding to know. She seemed to want to know about what she knew. As if she might be threatened if Emma knew more than she.
“I know math, science, english, and some history.”
Prince stared at his plate. “Mother please.”
“What...if she is staying with us she at least should answer some questions
of your importance.”
“Why would it be important to you if I knew subjects are not?” Emma asked.
The Queen was silenced and did not ask her anything the rest of dinner, Emma was very happy for that, she did not like the queen at all.
Later during the evening Prince walked her through the castle showing her the
great rooms of the castle. The library was what she liked the most. It was very grand and
had thousands of books. The wide knowledge of books could give any person a magnificent education. Emma was beginning to forget where she was and just listened to what Prince told her.
“I dearly hope you have enjoyed dinner and tour of the castle,” he said and stood outside her rooms holding both her hands.
“Oh yes I have!” she said loudly. “I am so great to be staying here, I will somewhat hate to leave.”
“Well I advise you to get a good night’s rest. We will have a long journey ahead of  us and you will need to be well rested my dear Youngness,” he said, then elegantly kissed both her hands. “Good night.”
She could feel herself turning crimson red and then soon shut the door and laid on
the soft bed and sighed..

Emma opened her eyes to the bright sun rays leaking through the curtains. She turned over and tried to recall where she was. The room she was in was so elegant, so different then anything she had ever witnessed. Just the feeling of silk sheets against her body caused her instantly to become soothed and relaxed. Once she stood up she opened the curtains more and looked out to see a large kingdom beyond her. There was so much of this Land of Prince there was yet to discover. She yawned and stood up and slid on her golden shoes.
“Are you all set my lady?” she heard a voice ask, outside of her door.
“Yes yes I am all set,” she responded.
The servant walked in and the Queen stood beside him in her sharp elegant black gown.
“Are you all equipped for your journey with my son?”
Emma nodded, “Yes I am all set. Thank you for the nights stay.” She walked out
beside the queen and the servant and down a set of stairs and out the doors where Prince
awaited with two snow white horses. They were the most beautiful creatures she had ever seen. Back home she remembered she had her own horse named Monty who was the color of coal. She had never ridden Monty because she was afraid of riding. She had always been afraid of riding unlike her two sisters who participated in many shows. She had always dreamed of owning a horse the color of snow. As she approached the two horses her thoughts of Monty had vanished and she wanted to get to know these snow white horses.
“I do hope your sleep was pleasant.” said Prince. He set his hands on the horse and watched Emma.
“Yes it was fine, thank you.” she said.
He watched her as she placed her hand on the horses and was quite curious of her behavior. “They are normal horses you know?”
“But they are so beautiful.” she said softly.
The Queen stared at Emma, her dark eyes full of mischief. Emma could only sense  fear as their eyes met. “I hope everything will be set for your journey my son,” she  said softly, then her dark plump cherry red lips kissed his head.
“I can assure you we will be fine mother.”
“I do hope so.”
  As Emma mounted her horse she could feel herself become very anxious and worried. She loved horses as the animal but riding them was something she had never been fond of.
Prince placed each of her feet into the stirrups and then fastened her saddle until it was tight. He watched her as she fidgeted nervously. He wondered if she had ever even ridden a horse.
“Do you know how to ride a horse?”
She shook her head. “Not a all.”
  “Then I shall teach you on the way.”
The two of them rode off beside each other not having any idea where they were heading too.

Queen Anastasia smiled and laughed as the two of them rode off, she waited until they were far out of sight until she stopped her sharp laughter.
“I do wish to know what is so funny my highness?” her servant, Servant White asked.
“That girl is planning to take over my kingdom you know? She was hiding it under her teeth and she will kill my son and come back to take over.”
“How do you know this?”
“I just know it, I saw it in her eyes.”
Servant White sighed as the Queen prodded along back into the castle. She then turned around. “And to make sure that doesn’t happen, my loyal friend, I have hired ogres to take the both of them out on their journey.”
“Kill your own son madam, doesn’t that seem a little bit...over the limits? So to say.”
“Oh White your job is to do what I say. And if you do otherwise I shall have you beheaded ever so quickly in front of my very own two eyes, understand?” she asked and
continued to walk into the castle.
King Romon sat next to his wife and looked upon the stars. “I do hope are son will be fine out by himself.”
“Oh darling...I am sure he will be quite fine.”

Emma held the reins of her horse as tight as she could hoping that they wouldn’t escape from her hands. Prince prodded along beside her smiling as always. He watched her struggle and couldn’t help but find humor in it. To him she resembled someone who was so elegant and perfect. Someone who was very smart and witty and cautious. It was a surprise to him that she couldn’t ride a horse. Most girls her age and younger in the kingdom knew everything about horses. They knew to to clean, saddle up, and ride. Emma was different and he was trying to figure out why she was different.
“How old are you?” she asked.
He stared blankly ahead. “Why do you wish to know?”
“Because I am curious.”
He nodded. “Fifteen. And why are you always very curious?”
“Curiosity is always about taking risks. When your curious to find something, you
never expect what can happen. Have you ever heard the expression...curiosity killed the cat?”
“I have not. But I do agree with your perception of curiosity. That’s a good way to think I shall take that into consideration on our journey.”
She smiled, “Be careful prince of princes curiosity can often lead to bad things as well.”
“Has curiosity ever gotten you into trouble?” he asked.
Emma smiled. “Yes it often has. I’m all about exploring and trying new things everyday. I wouldn’t want to be like you who has to worry about everything every second.”
“Who says I worry about things all the time?” he asked.
She stopped her horse. “Well obviously you will be a king very soon. You’ll have a lot to worry about. You’ll have new laws and rules to establish and a lot of things to look at. You have to worry about ruling and making sure your common folk do not go hungry. You have to be in charge of war. Being a king is a big job. Plus you’ll have to have a queen someday.”
“Then why don’t you stay and be my queen then. Why in such a hurry to rush home?”
“I can’t live here. I do not even know where I am. I know nothing about this place or anything.”
“I could teach you all about The Land of Prince.”
“I have my own duties at my own house. I couldn’t possibly stay here.”
Prince looked upon the sky, “It is getting dark soon Youngness. We shall camp here for the night.”
“Here in the wood? I should think it’s frightening. What if something were to eat us?”
He laughed. “There is nothing to be afraid of. I will fight whatever comes to harm us, if anything were to.”
Emma stopped her horse and had difficulty getting off. She was glad when Prince grabbed her by the waist and placed her on her feet. She wondered how many girls he had helped off horses? Was she the only one? She soon was gazing up into the dark night sky. She was a little afraid of what might get them, but she was more afraid of not
getting home to her dearest family, then again she knew they would be worried sick about her. She continued to stare until Prince called her over to help pitch the small shelter they would be spending the night in.
“Is this my tent or yours?”
“It is both for you and I.”
“We are sharing?”
“Of course.”
Emma looked at her feet. “I have never slept with a boy before. I should think it
is very odd. Have you ever slept next to a girl before?” she asked.
“No I have not and why would it be uh this be weird.”
“Never mind.”
She opened the small tent and laid down on the soft fur inside of it, and was instantly warm. Prince soon joined her and sat beside her just staring into her eyes.
“Are you warm?” he asked.
She nodded and then turned away not wanting to face him. The silence brought more awkwardness between the two of them until she heard the snapping of a branch.
“What was that?!” Emma asked.
“Just the horses my Youngness.”
She closed her eyes and then moved closer to him being more warm. She then opened her eyes to see Prince asleep at last. He was so handsome and so peaceful looking that she never wanted to wake him again. She studied him for a while and thought about his life. He was a Prince after all. She wondered under his title and all his handsome appearance what his personality was. Would he be a selfish king? Would he be a stupid king? After reading about kings in her own history books she knew that kings’ did stupid things. She wondered if Prince would end up being a good king, and serve his people the best he could. She then turned over and closed her eyes.

Emma could feel a cold sensation coming up her legs and into her arms, eventually making her whole body have a frigid feel to it. Waking up cold was familiar but she had never slept outside before so the experience was all new to her.
“Prince, Prince are you awake?” she whispered and shook him.
He looked up. “I am now Youngness.”
She left the tent and stood out in the bright sun light that shun upon the earth.
Prince soon joined her. “We will leave once the fire runs out. I can assure you that I will be able to get you home by tonight and if not tonight then thy shall get you home tomorrow.”
“There is no rush in getting me home you know. I shall like to continue our journey slow and without dangers.” she said. As much as she missed her home and her family, sje really wanted this adventure to escalate into something she would never forget.
“We haven’t been in any danger yet Princess I can assure you my dear Youngness.” he said.
“Prince?
“Yes.”
She stared at him. “Who’s going to be your Princess when your father and mother pass?”
“You mean who will be my Queen?
“Yes, who will be next in line?”
Prince shrugged. “Who ever my parents decide. It doesn’t really matter to them you know? My opinion is just as invisible as a peasant. I have no say towards anything in my kingdom. Even the smallest decision goes straight to my mother.”
“Why can’t you stand up to your parents?
“Do you stand up to yours?”
“No I can’t or I’d get a lick.”
“A lick, your parents lick you?”
She laughed. “No they don’t lick me. A lick is when someone strikes you or spanks you for doing something bad.”
“Spank and lick. Such weird words come from where you live,” he said and kicked the horse that started to trek through the woods.
“I suppose everything in our worlds is very contrasting I would think,” she said softly. She held onto the horse’s reins very uneasily. She wished they could stop and he could instruct her on more appropriate lessons for horse back riding.
The two of them road their horses for the longest time in complete silence until they came upon a tree. And on the tree was a small naked baby wrapped up in a white cloth.
“Oh my dear gosh, how in the world does a baby get out here?!” Emma remarked and got off the side of the horse and ran to the small crying bundle and gently picked it up, holding it to her breast. How did a baby get this far out into the wood, she wondered. Where were the baby’s parents? Did they die? Did they get lost?
“Oh you poor baby I shall like to wonder how to got to be left all alone out here. What responsible parents you must have had.” she said very vexed. She was angry. What type of parents would abandon their child.
Prince looked around and felt that the wood was too quiet. Not even the atmosphere itself made any kind of noise. The inaudible forest bought on a peculiar feeling. He had never ventured into this part of the wood therefore he couldn’t promise that there would be no danger. He thought about the wisdom from his father and readings. When the forest became quiet, that meant something was odd around, he couldn’t quite name it and it made him nervous.
“Ugh Youngness I think we should continue,” Prince said, very anxious to know what was going on.
“Prince we cannot just desert this little baby all alone out in the wood. We shall take him with us,” she pleaded.
  Emma held the baby close to her breast again and when she saw it’s horrid face from beneath the blanket, she screamed. It was not a baby but something horrid was grinning back at her, it was a warted dwarf. She let out with a gasp of astonishment and back away slowly. She could feel her heart pulsing through her ears and continued to back up as the dwarf unraveled itself out of the white blanket. She gasped again when she saw four ogres entering from each way, surrounding her and Prince completely. It was a shock for Emma as she had never seen an ogre before. She had only come across these ugly and repugnant creatures in fairytales. They were fairly large about twelve to fifteen feet tall, dressed in rags and were red. She thought ogres were green. It didn’t matter what they were, because they were not friendly.
“Prince, what do we do?” she whispered to him.
He got off his horse. “At this once we need to stay calm and ask them what they want. If they do not cooperate then I shall behead them with my sword.”
“What if they are not willing to cooperate and rather feast off your flesh and bones?” she asked.
“Just stay calm,” he whispered and took small steps toward the colossal ogres that stood inches away from him. Prince could not bare to look at their small red heads, their nasty green teeth, and fat greasy bodies. “Greetings ogres, our meeting here together was not accidental I can see. What I wish to find out is who sent you to kill us?”
“We were not summoned to kill you. We are just rather hungry and would perhaps like something to eat.” he laughed and smiled, displaying his grotesque teeth and horrid breath.
“Well we are not your dinner to be served on a plate. So leave us at once and I will be civil enough to spare your lives. But if you leave with a quarrel I will be head each of you and use your heads on each of my lamp post.” he said in a serious manner. Prince was brave, thought Emma. He was less than six feet tall and was just starting to become a man. There wasn’t any way he could kill all three ogres.
Emma and Prince found themselves helpless. His futile attempt to keep the ogres away had just gotten them in a worse of position then before. With no sword, no horse, and nobody to hear their last words. They both knew there was nothing else they could do but pray and hope that anybody would pass through the wood saving them from
death. They watched the ogres make a boiling pot of water to burn and cook their bodies in. They were tied to the tree and could only hear each others words.
“If only you hadn’t stopped to get a little baby, that wasn’t actually a baby. Let me tell you something Youngness. This place is a land of trickery, deceit, and lost fate. There is no way that somebody, even you. Could not leave this place without becoming a totally different person. Things here are what they seem, in your world I can assure you it’s the exact opposite!” he whispered loudly.
“How did I know this was suppose to happen! You never told me not to get off the horse! You said that we had not been in any real danger at all. And no we are here in the wood, tied to a tree, and are about to be ogre stew.” she said. 
At last they could hear the sound of horses hooves racing through the woods at a vast speed. The noise of the hooves came closer and closer until they saw a small blond headed by ride by and he stopped with a sack of grain in his arms.
“Help!” Prince and Emma pleaded in unison. “Please, please young sire we need your help!”
The small boy jumped off his horse and held out sword and looked at the ogres who laughed at him until they were blue in the face. The boy was no taller than five feet and weighed probably a pound more than the sack of grain he carried. She wondered how he could even manage to carry that.
“I will fight you if I have to. Now let these poor people go or I shall have you turned to stone at once!” he yelled at them. He young boy was very brave and held the sack of grain in his arms, red faced.
“Turn us to stone, with what!?” all three of them laughed, “With your sack of grain!?”
The boy cut the sack open and threw the silver power at them which turned the ogres into cold stone. He watched as the ogres were frozen in place with the look of confusion and disbelieve on their faces. The young boy passed the ogres and walked over to Emma and Prince. He cut them down and they stood on the ground.
Emma kissed each of his cheeks. “Oh how could I ever repay you?” she asked.
“With another sweet kiss my dear lady,” he said.
She kissed him. “How was that?”
The small boy blushed a crimson red and stepped back and allowed Prince to be head the ogres.
“What is your name boy?” Prince asked.
“Beau, your majesty.”
“Where do you come from?”
“I do not come from anywhere.”
Prince cleared his throat. “Where do you live then? You certainly look like a farm boy to me.”
“I am a nothing but a ten year old farm boy your majesty. But I live out here in the wood on my own,  as for my parents had been killed in the war,” he said sadly, staring at his leather boots.
“Oh you poor little boy,” she said. “I must allow you to come on the journey home with us. There are plenty of places where you could work where I live. You could be a kitchen boy or perhaps a stable boy. You would have a bed to sleep on, and you would be very well fed.”
“Thee shall not be worried. I shall do a great honor in serving you and Prince on the way.”
“Shall he come along with us Prince? I shall like to reward this young boy for portraying such a heroic deed for saving our lives,” she pleaded.
“He shall have to have a seat on the back of the steed. As there is not enough room up here,” he said.
“Beau can sit between us and I shall be on the back.”
“I am not having you on the back of this horse. You shall sit in front of me and then Beau in back of me.”
“He can sit in front of me,” she said to Prince.
Beau was content, as the young gorgeous girl sat in back of him wrapping her arms around his body.
Prince, who was very jealous sat in back of Emma with his hands gripping the the leather reins tight.
“Where is it you come from?” Beau questioned.
“I come from a land far away.”
“How is it you know where you are going when you do not even know where you are now?” he asked again.
“Well we are going to the edge of the land and hopefully god will show us the way to bring her home,” Prince told him.
“In a couple hours we will not know where we are going to I suggest we shall rest,” Beau said softly.
“And who is the leader here?” Prince asked. “I should think I am. I will decide when we rest.”
Emma looked at him. “Your job is to make me feel content and comfortable throughout the ride. That leads me to believe that Beau is right and that we should listen to him. He probably knows the wood much better then we do.”
“All right I will do as you wish my Youngness.”
Beau got off his horse and stood on the firm ground and pitched the canvas tent and then crawled inside of it laying the luscious furs that Prince handed to him for Emma to sleep on.
“Emma...are you a Princess?” he asked. “Cause your beautiful and you look like one.”
“Thank you very much. Nobody has ever called me beautiful before in my entire life. I am not a princess. Where I come from Princesses are of royalty and of royal families. I am not royal.”
“Well those people who ever said it to are dumb.”
Emma kissed his cheek. “Thank you Beau as you have saved my life and been very kind to me.”
“Your welcome My Lady.”
Prince laid on the other side of Beau and studied Emma’s face. He was surprised how his emotions lead him to pure jealousy toward the young boy who hadn’t even hit puberty. How he could make Emma feel happy and how he could talk and love her. He didn’t know why his emotions were toying with him but he couldn’t help but feel more then love for the young girl himself. He felt sorrowful just knowing that Beau separated the distance between them.
Beau curled up beside the young girl and smiled when she wrapped her arm around his stomach. He opened his eyes once more to see Prince staring into them with anger on his face.
“What is it Prince?” he asked. “Why is it you are angry? Is it cause I am stealing your lady?” he asked.
“No Beau just go to sleep.”

Prince awoke at once when he heard the noise of the horse truffling outside the tent. At first he thought it could have been the horse but then it got louder and he became worried.
“What is that?” Beau whispered. He got up and stood beside Prince as they were both silent.
Emma awoke to hear the noise of the horse and they all walked out to see the horse had been turned to stone marble.
“You fool! You left the bag of powder out for the horse to eat! Now look what you have caused us!” Prince yelled in rage. They stared at the only horse they had left. It was now a grey marble statue.
“Sorry it was an accident your majesty,” he said softly. “I must have forgotten to tie the bag.”
“Must have, of course you didn’t tie it because now our ride is a block of stone you imbecile!”
“Sorry your majesty,” he apologized again with small tears dripping down his cheeks.
“You are very rude Prince! Your very rude, mean, and malicious!” Emma yelled at him. She placed her arm around Beau and comforted the young boy.
“What!”
“This young boy did not intend for it to happen. It was a mistake he made!” she said.
“Well this mistake endangers the life of all of us!” he said loudly and kicked the dirt.
“Sorry Princess,” he said and sniffed.
“She’s not a Princess!”
Emma looked over at Prince and frowned. “If you shall worry about your life being endangered maybe you should not have come on this trip!”
“How will you get home without me!” he yelled. “You simply could not.”
Beau held onto her hand.
“Youngness I am very sorry,” he said and apologized. “I am getting very out of hand.”
“Do not speak to me for the rest of the day,” she whispered and held onto Beau’s hand.
The three of them traveled on foot for half of the day without any food or drink. Only the son scorched down on them. Emma felt as if the wood kept going on and on forever. That it was an endless stretch of land that would continue on till the end of the earth. It was until they came to a place that fascinated the three of them. It was nothing
she ever could have imagined. It was a maze but instead of grass or stone it was glass. And she could see her reflection along with Beau’s and Prince’s.
“What is this place?” Beau asked. He stepped toward staring out his own reflection moving back and forth making silly faces and gestures. He was a nine year old boy, of course he would be silly.
Prince looked up. “Beware to all who enters the Maze of Mirror’s. When the spell is near, one will find oneself not what they appear. Until your quest through here is done, one will not win none.
“One will not win none?” Emma said. She realized it was a riddle. Riddles had never been her favorite thing. Problem solving was something she lacked.
“It’s a riddle,” Prince said. “When one enters and the spell is near, one will not seem what they appear. And until we complete the maze no one will win anything.”
“We have to go through the maze to continue?” Beau asked.
“I’m afraid we have to,” said Prince. All of his life he had lived here and he had never heard of this place nor anything like it. He wondered if his parents had sheltered him from all these potentially dangerous things. Parents were protective but he thought it had to right to know and explore these things. Especially if he were to be king, he would have to know all of his land, every inch.

Queen Anastasia watched through her crystal ball as her son, Emma, and the young boy stood outside the Maze of Mirrors.
“Knight Stark and Knight Fary. If they make it through the maze, which I will hope not happen. But if they succeed you are to take them out and report back to me.”
She looked into the ball and studied what they were doing.
“I want you to leave as soon as possible. As the farther they get through the journey the more the girl will think about taking over my kingdom. Now go now!” she demanded.

Prince held onto Beau and Emma’s hands as they stepped into the maze and could see their reflections from every angle. Emma watched as they walked it was as if her reflection was always head of her.
“I don’t like that I can see myself everywhere,” Prince whispered. “I would advise you stay close. If a spell comes around your reflection will move around and you will be under a spell.”
“W-w-what spell?” Beau panicked. He held tighter onto their hands.
“One that the maze puts chooses to put on you.”
Emma gripped Prince’s hand and held onto it tightly and gulped as they continued to walk through the maze.
“This could take us centuries. We do not even know the way to go.” Beau whispered.
“We have to stay calm and keep going as it is,” Prince said to them. “Do not take a glance at your reflection for any amount of time.”
“Why?” questioned Beau. The young farm boy was always filled with questions that had very simple answers to them. Emma knew she was just like him, she was always curious. Curiosity was prevalent at any age in a persons life.
“Because as cast will be spell upon you and once that is done I will not be able to save you. If you are turned into a pig or some sort of animal I would be sure to abandon you.”
“You would not leave me behind, would you Princess?” he asked and held onto her arm.
“I would never dare to leave you behind to fend for yourself, never ever would I do such a heinous thing.”
“How do we know how far we have gone Prince?” Beau asked looking up at him.
Prince gazed up. “I have no such idea in the world.”
  Emma continued with Beau and Prince wondering if this would be the start of her journey or the end through The Maze of Mirrors. At any second she thought the wickedness of the maze could cast a spell on any one of them. For Emma having any spell being cast on her whether it be a deep sleep or a sudden freeze she knew a spell would jeopardize or delay her chance of getting home. She thought about this maze and how she would possibly never succeed. Even with the help of her two noble friends she could still pessimism within her that she could not quite understand. She was not willing to give up and had faith of returning home to her family. Her thoughts were soon interrupted by Beau as he grabbed her arm.
“Did you hear that?!” Beau panicked and held onto Emma’s dress, trepidation arose in his voice. He was afraid and she did her best to comfort him, he was rather young.
“Not a sound came through my ears, now can we please continue moving?” Prince asked. “We will never complete this maze if you keep acting like a coward.”
Prince carried on through the maze with Beau and Emma behind him until he heard the sound of snickering and chortling. He turned around to see Emma and Beau still walking behind him.
“PRINCE LOOK OUT!” Emma bellowed. She backed away taking Beau beside her.
Prince turned around and pulled his sword from his scabbard and held it out at the  two small men that were in front of him. They each stood about three feet tall and were small and a bright red. The small grotesque creatures simpered at Prince and pointed back at Emma and Beau who were now tied above a cauldron.
“You release the girl and boy now or I shall behead you both at once!” he yelled and held out his sword at them. “I demand you to release them, NOW!”
“If you can solve a riddle for us, we shall let you pass on to your text task,” one of them said.
The other one stepped forward still grinning. “But if thee fails. A spell shalt be cast upon thee.”
“What spell?!” Prince demanded, still holding the long keen sword out in front of them.
“If thee shalt be one of these
You shalt be at appease
If thee shalt run with this dust
You shalt be turned into rust”
“Am I seeking for one answer to this riddle or two? If I shall be one of these I will be at appease. If I should run with this dust I should be turned into rust.”
“That is for you to decide young prince,” one of them said.
“Remember with the right answer you move on,” the other one said.
Prince could only stare at Beau and Emma who struggled over the black cauldron very much wanting to be out of that position. He knew they were scared. Especially Emma. He had promised to get her home to her family. He didn’t want to break his promise or even lose her.
“If I were to be a great fox I would be very much pleased. I should have the wits to use trickery against any enemy. I shall have the speed to escape any problem. And I shall have the intellect to out wit any animal. If I had failed the question I would have been transformed into a fox, the color of rust. The answer is a fox.” he said.
“Are you positive thee have chosen the right answer to succeed?” one of them asked.
“Yes I know I have chosen the correct answer. Now what is the next task I will have to face?” he asked.
The two small men disappeared and Emma and Beau now stood on firm ground.
Prince hugged the both of them. “Are you two all right?”
“Oh yes yes I am sure I am all right,” she whispered and pressed herself close to him. “You had out smarted those men and now we must continue on our journey.”
“The Maze of Mirrors never told us about tasks we had to complete.” Beau said.
“That’s because the maze is full of trickery.” Prince said to him and they continued to move faster through the maze.
The three of them continued to walk very fast until Prince stopped and bent over, along with Beau.
“I shall like to stop Princess.” said Beau. “As I am very tired and would like to sleep for a bit.” They both stared at their reflections in the mirror as they fell onto their hands and knees yawning.
“Your not tired!” she yelled. “It’s a spell! It has to be a spell!” she yelled out again.
“Only sleep for a little while Youngness.” Prince whispered and laid on the ground beside Beau. They both slept peacefully on the hard ground of the maze.
Emma felt herself become lost, she was left staring at the mirrors that were all around her. She looked up and could see a dark cloud of thunder rising over her. This is not how a fair game was played. They had all ready had one task they had defeated, why would there be another. She thought about how unfair this place was. Her home was never like this. If you won fairly, you won. There was never more to it.
“This is your second task!” it said. The voice was loud and echoed, it came from the dark cloud.
“What is my second task!” she called out. Her bushy brown hair started to blow back along with her dress. She looked up trying to locate a person among the darkness of the cloud but she couldn’t see anything.
“In the eyes of the maze
This item is of praise
If you find defeat
This maze will eat”
The cloud drifted away and she fell onto her knees and looked at Beau and Prince who laid asleep on the ground.
“Oh this is hopeless! I shall never go home to see my dear mother and father! Or to see and quarrel with my dear sisters!” she yelled.
“Remember the time will run out,” said a voice.
She looked up. “Who’s there!”
“It is only me.”
“Who’s you!”
The voice didn’t seem to be coming from around her, but it seemed to be coming from her head. She stood up and started to run fast through the maze trying not to look at her reflection.  She traveled on with melancholy until she came to a small round table. Upon the table was a small green bottle that read The one that sleeps will be cured. A small bottle green bottle of liquid made her feel elated. A smile of joy came across her face but then soon disappeared. The joy of having the bottle wasn’t enough, because she knew she had lost her way trying to find it. As gripped the bottle in her hands and ran through the maze looking in all directions only seeing herself as the main problem. She felt as if she only had herself to blame, for being to stupid not knowing which way to go. Every turn she took was either closer to her friends are farther away from them. Nothing was familiar and she found it very frustrating. She continued to travel and felt herself following her. She was everywhere.
  At last she had found her dearest friends still asleep on the ground as they had been before. Emma opened the bottle pouring a small drop into each of their mouths and waited for the results. Waiting for them to wake up was terrifying. This whole maze was a trick. What if the bottle was a trick, or if the whole thing had been a trick. Back home she had always been tricked by her sisters but there was never anything else to it. They would trick her and she would forgive them. If this potion cure was a trick, she would never be able to forgive herself.
“Alas!” Prince yelled and jumped up onto his feet, moving his long blond hair out of his face. “What are we doing here Youngness?” he asked. He held his sword out and almost seemed proud.
“The second task had cast a sleeping spell upon you and dearest Beau. The task was to find the cure and that was this potion.” she said. She hugged the both of them and glad she had completed her task. She then came to the conclusion that each of them had a task and which each task came more difficulty. Prince had an easy task and he had completed it. Emma knew her task was harder, and now Beau would have his task. She felt complete horror because she knew Beau’s task would be the worst.
“You saved us Princess,” Beau whispered. “I shall owe my life to you, as you owe  your life to me.”
“The first task was for me, the second for you, now the third task is Beau’s.” said Prince.
“We have to move quickly,” said Beau. “My task will be bestowed upon me very soon and as for that we shall be moving. He spoke with dignity and bravery in his voice. For a nine year old, he was quite impressive.
He pranced ahead of them holding out his hand. The young boy was ready for any complication that was to be blocking his path to success. As he hastened onward through the mirrors he felt his legs starting to buckle along with the earth. The three of them held hands and looked up into the sky.
“You have reached your third and final task. After you have defeated this you shall have completed the maze.” the same voice said.
“What shalt be my task sir?” Beau asked. He bent down on one knee staring up into the sky at the voice.
“You shall face a beast with fire
With wings of steel and wire
If you succeed you shall be free
And you shall be awarded me.”
Beau gazed up into the sky and took a deep breath then stood on his two feet and held up his hands. He was waiting with fear, wondering what this task could be.
“Release the dragon!” he yelled and held out his right hand, which he appeared to be holding a long sheer golden sword.
The sky turned a dark grey. Thunder roared through the maze, shattering glass and causing Prince and Emma to take cover. Radiant lightening bolts lit up the sky and then
a jet black dragon with scales the color of a florescent green flew out of the sky spitting out bright vermillion flames the color of crimson. As it glided through the sky, with it’s large emerald wings, it screeched and breathed more fire, before descending gravity down towards the nine year old boy who held out his golden sword with audacity.
“Beau!” Prince yelled out, he desperately wanted to lunge toward and take the boy in his arms and protect him.
“I have to do this!” he yelled back. “If I don’t the Princess shall never return home to her family!”
He stepped forward holding the sword in front of him. He gripped it tightly as he looked up to face the dragon. He ran towards the dragon and climbed on the rocks that ascended from the the ground. The brave boy continued to climb the steep slopes of hazardous obstacles with the sword out in front of him. When he approached the top the dragon spit out large amounts of fire nearly blowing Beau off the side of the enormous slope. He rose again to his feet and darted towards the dragon that expelled another wave of scorching crimson flames at him. He dodged the flames and ran at the dragon drawing his sword out and slicing the tail of the dragon.
The deep roar of agony  reverberated throughout the maze and slopes.
Beau held his ears and screamed from the ear-piercing noises that the dragon made as he took another slash at the dragon, this time lacerating the stomach of the vile creature. He continued to take swings at the dragon until it fell dead upon the ground.
Beau stood holding the golden sword on top of the slope and smiled at his grand victory. As the wind blew and the clouds disappeared he headed back down the slopes.
Emma and Prince held onto each other tightly and watched Beau travel down the slopes that disappeared at every step. Soon enough they were surrounded by mirrors and their own reflections.
“Beau, oh Beau!” Emma yelled. She hugged him dearly kissing his every square inch of his face and cheeks that were now a crimson red, from embarrassment.
“I did it to be brave and loyal to you Princess. I have succeeded my task and we have completed the maze.” he said and held out the sword between the three of them.
“You are a very brave soul Beau. You would make a fine solider in my kingdom giving your age and appearance. I should reward you a place in my father’s court upon once our journey to get the princess home is completed.” Prince said, giving him honoring comments.
The three of them stared up above them as a luminescent ball of light become visible above them. “You have defeated the dragon and have received me as a reward.”
A small man dressed in orange about two inches tall sat in the palm of Beau’s hand and bowed. He smiled up very friendly, with his legs dangling off of Beau’s hand.
“I was rewarded a leprechaun?” Beau asked, confused. “What can you do for me?”
The small man smiled. “I can do about anything you ask me to do. I shalt give thy gold, make thy rich, and grant thy every wish. But the thing is, thy only get one wish and it can only be used to help thy self,” he said. “As I am not a genie or a leprechaun but a wishing enchanter named Leon.”
“But your suppose to give him three wishes and they can be anything he wants but love.” Emma said.
“Young lady I do not know what sources thee read from but thee is not correct.”
She looked up. “But in every book and story I have read a person always receives three wishes in which he or she can use in anyway.”
“Fables are just evidence that not everything can go ones way,” he said, “Each person does not get what he or she deserves. Each person learns differently and receives different awards and prizes.”
“So I cannot wish the Princess home?” Beau asked the small man that still rested in the palm of his hand.
“The wish can only be used thy self.”
She looked at Beau. “It is all right Beau, use the wish on yourself.”
  “Princess, I will save the wish for when we need it again. Perhaps we come across more complications we shall need the wish.”
“Look!” Prince yelled. “We have made it guys!”
He stared in at his own reflection in the mirror and smiled. “I did it, we did it.”
“Prince no!” shouted Beau.
Emma held onto his hand and they had now made it to the other side and back in the wood.

“Oh am I glad to see trees rather than my own reflection!” Beau yelled and fell onto the ground hugging and kissing it. He laid on his stomach adoring the earth with his body.
“If it were not for Beau and you I certainly would not have made it out of their alone,” Prince whispered. He held the young girl close to him in his arms and pressed his lips against hers.
“I love you,” he said.
“What are you doing?” she asked.
Prince looked up and smiled. “Don’t you love me back? Don’t you feel the same way about me?” he asked.
“Ugh oh.” said Leon.
“Ugh oh is right.” said Beau.
Emma looked at the both of them, “What, what is wrong with him?” she asked.
Prince followed her every inch.
“He looked into the mirror too long and he’s under a spell,” Leon said. “The Love Spell. The spell causes the person who is under it to become in love with the first girl they kiss. The love turns into a obsession.”
“How am I to break it?!” she asked and pushed Prince back who rested his hands on each side of her face, brushing her cheeks.
“There is only one way to break a spell and that is to find a cure,” said Leon who now sat on Beau’s shoulder.
“Where is the cure, and what is it?” she asked.
He shrugged. “That I do not know, do I look like an encyclopedia to you?”
Prince smiled and then looked up at Emma and moved toward her again wanting to be near here. “Love cannot keep us apart,” he whispered.
“I can keep us apart!” she said and pushed him down and walked ahead next to Beau.
“We could travel a lot quicker if we were not on foot,” said Beau. “But since we have a long walk through the wood, what I shall like to know is how many men have failed to complete the Maze of Mirrors?” he asked.
“More that can ever be accounted for. I had been in a small bottle for more than a thousand of years and it is you o’valiant and brave one that has set me free.”
Prince walked beside Emma. “I love you so much and I would love you to marry me and be my princess. But what I cannot understand is why you are not willing to.”
“You do not know me and I do not know you. You are under a spell so therefore your emotions towards me are not real.” she said. She had heard of spells in her stories before but never a spell that made somebody obsessively in love with somebody.
“They truly are real I can feel them creeping from my heart and pulling you towards me. My mind is telling me to kiss you right now, to love you, to hold you.”
“My mind is telling me to keep far away from you.”
“Do not stay away from me, I cannot live without you. I could not survive without you!” he yelled and walked towards her grabbing her shoulders and walking all around her.
“Stay away!” she yelled and grabbed the sword from his sheath and held it out at him. “Stay away or I will hurt you!”
Beau turned around. “Emma he doesn’t know what he’s doing!” Beau yelled and took the sword from her.
“We need the cure very soon,” she said very testy.
Beau handed Prince the sword to put into his sheath and they continued through the wood. Emma did her best to walk on her two feet even though Prince sauntered behind her obsessively commenting on how beautiful and important she is. How he valued her presence, how he adored her face, how she was perfect to him. Everything about her was wonderful. She could only ignore so much but his loving remarks were so enchanting.
They came to a village that was very large and seemed friendly enough.
“We are to rest and eat here for the night. As we need a good night rest so we are strong and well in the morning,” Beau said.
“I take it your the leader,” Emma laughed. “As Prince has the priority to take care of me.”
“Very well, let’s take shelter,” said Leon, “As I am very tired as well.”
The three of them walked into the small village to see hundreds of trading stands, small huts. Selling animal furs, potion bottles, swords, People traded and dined and frolicked with ale. Children danced and played joyously and gleefully in the streets.
“Leon and I shall go get us water,” Emma said. “Beau, take Prince away with you as you two shall see what you can buy us to eat.”
“Will do Princess,” said Beau. “I don’t see that as an option as Prince will surely follow you.”
“All right Prince and I will go get water and you two shall trade and buy for food.” she said.
Emma walked beside Prince slowly and watched the young girls and woman of the village gawk at Prince. His gold hair, his smile, and his eyes were enough to get attract any female’s attention.
“I believe you have a lot of lovers,” said Emma with a smile.
“You are my only lover,” he said and was about to kiss her when he bumped into a bunch of soldiers who stared at him with infuriating looks upon their faces.
“You surely must not know who I am?” Prince asked. “I am the prince of this kingdom. Son of Queen Anastasia and King Romon.”
Every solider and person bowed below Prince and he smiled. “I am passing by here with a few friends. I would like it if Lady Emma and my two friends have our own place. As these huts look as if they could accommodate up to three to five people. We shall also enjoy some entertainment, wine, and something to dine on.”
“As you wish my prince,” said the solider.
Beau came running at them with Leon on his solider. They were all seated around the camp fire at once with furs and luxurious satin and lace to sit on. People from the village came around offering them different varieties of food and wine to drink and eat. Also precious jewelry and gifts to give.
“They think your my princess, which you are.” said Prince and laid back on the furs.
“I am not your princess.” she said and elbowed him in the ribcage. “Nor will I ever.”
Beau sat in the middle of a loud crowd of village children who offered him swords, and toys, and precious gifts. A small girl set a crown above his head and gave him royal treatment.
“Would you like some wine my royal princeling?” she asked and set a silver jeweled goblet out in front of him. Beau was very happy to be getting precious attention from all around.
“Oh yes thank you kind lady. I shall love to have some. I appreciate all of you for tending to me and supplying me with wine and gifts.” he said.
Music started to play that resonated throughout the village and into the wood where two of the queen’s assassins sat watching the three of them, observing their every move.
“Would you care for a dance my Princess?” Prince asked and held out his hand for her to take.
“I shall not dance, because I cannot dance.”
“You don’t have to know how to.”
He held out his hand. “Come on Princess. You shall see that it’s not very difficult to do at all.”
He grabbed her soft hand and guided her out to out to the fire where other people all ready danced. He spun her around and intertwined his fingers with hers and moved closer, with a friendly smile. He continued to spin her and twirl her around the fire and concentrated on the way her brown locks spun.
Beau smiled and pointed to them. “Look Leon look! Emma is dancing with him!” he gleefully shouted.
Leon oh sat on the boy’s head turned and smiled. “By the time the journey is over she may want there to be a spell after all.”
Prince held onto her hands and bent her down and tried to kiss her but she bent back up and twirled him out and then in. “This is a dance Prince, remember that.”
“I shall try to my Princess but my feelings for you are strong. I can’t stand it when I am not near you. Your hair smells like flowers, you have the voice of an angel, and your  smile is means more then the world to me.” he said.
“Your words do not change the ways between us. As you are a rich prince and I am not anything. As for you loving me, it has no meaning. Because it is that I do not love you.”
“Princess take a walk with me.” he said.
Emma sighed and obeyed. The two of them walked out into the wood beside one another and he moved close to her.
“Princess you can’t tell me that you do not love me.” he said.
“I dearly love you as a friend, but not as a lover.” she said softly. “I really wish you could know you are under a spell.”
Prince traced his finger on her lips and tried to kiss her but she pushed him away and stepped away from him.
“Stop it, get away from me!” she yelled.
A walked towards her and tried to kiss her again. “Oh princess for what reason is it you do not love me!” he yelled. “As I have brought you this far along on this journey and all your doing is deceiving me now!” he yelled.
“Please Prince try to understand!” she yelled back at him. “I do not love you! And you do not love me!”
The queen’s two assassins Knight Stark and Knight Fary stood near by in the woods laughing into their arms. “The boy must really love her.”
The two of them laughed again, knowing this would be the perfect time to strike them. For nobody had noticed the two disappeared into the woods for a walk. So nobody would have any evidence on who killed them. The two knights stepped out holding out their swords.
“Prince,” one of them said. “Oh Prince we are here to assist you on your journey to take the Princess home,” Knight Fary said.
Emma could see the look of pure and malevolent evil in the eyes of Knight Stark that had a smug grin on his face. “Prince I think we should run.” she whispered.
“You tell my dear mother that I do not need any assistance to bring my Princess home. Now remember you take orders from me Knight Stark and Fary, now leave us!” he yelled.
“I wish I could but I have orders from the queen. For I am under her command, and not under the orders of a small prince.” said Stark. “My orders are to kill the Princess who will deceive us all.”
“I am not a Princess!” she yelled. “I am a girl.”
Stark smiled, “Fary grab the girl and leave the Prince to me. As for the order the queen gave me, was to kill you.”
Emma shoved him and grabbed his sword holding it out, then she ran for her life into the deep dark wood. She felt more safe lurking above the creatures of the deep than with the knights that were trying to kill her. She ran until she could no longer breath.
She sat down on the cold ground and hugged her knees crying....

Prince laid on the ground clenching his bloody sword to his chest. He stared at the two knights that laid dead beside him. The young prince developed the strength to stand on his two feet. He gazed up into the dark sky.
“Princess!” he screamed. “Princess you can come out, please!”
Prince walked through the dark wood holding out his sword and shouting her name until he came to her curled up next to a tree stump. “Princess!” he shouted and ran to her. He sat on his knees and flipped her over. “Can you hear me?”
“Your alive?” she whispered. “I thought they would have killed you.”
Prince held her closer. “Nobody could ever kill me Princess, even if they wanted to.”
“Oh Prince,” she whispered and hugged him tightly, “I’m so glad they hadn’t killed you.”
Emma kissed him firmly on the lips for a couple seconds. She stared into Prince’s eyes that were as still as ice. She figured for a while she should give into him
Prince gaped at the young girl in astonishment. He then placed his hands on each side of her face, pressing his lips against hers for a few seconds longer. “Do you love me Princess?”
“I do love you,” she whispered. “I love you as much as my heart will allow me too.”
“How much will your heart allow you to do so?” he asked, pressing himself against her.
“I really do think we should be heading back now. Leon and Beau are most likely asleep in the tent,” she whispered.
“You mean that you and I do not get our own tent?” he asked.
“Why shall we have to have our own tent if we shall all share one tent?” she asked.
“I thought we would like to have our own tent. So we can be aquatinted by each other only.”
“It’s not about our love and the way we express it towards each other. Real love isn’t just a roll in the hay it’s about sacrifice. And your sacrificing your life to bring me home. That’s what real love is about.”
“But I love you more than just a sacrifice to me. Your my new world now, your my heavenly angel that will take me home to my abode.”
Emma rested beside Beau who had his arm wrapped around the new toys the village children had given to him. Leon laid upon the rim of his hat and slept peacefully.
“Fare day beautiful my Princess.” said Prince and kissed her upon the cheek.
She smiled. “Good night my handsome Prince.”

Prince awakened the next morning to find his beautiful Princess not next to him as she had been last night. The spell was still very strong and he was helpless against it. He could not stand to be away from his true love.
“Princess!” he shouted and ran to the edge of the edge of the wood to find her holding his sword.
Emma held the long keen sword out in front of her as she spun around in circles jabbing the swords in all directions. She remembered her foot work had to be precise and in equal motion with her body movements.
“If you shall not surrender. I have only one choice, and that is to behead you.”
Prince smiled and watched her pretend to be in a battle. He found her rough side very intriguing. “So Princess you really want to know how to fight?”
“Not once did I say that I like acting like a lady.”
Prince got up. “Would you like me to teach you how swordplay? In the world of a lady things such as swordplay and battle are not things of interest. Just as in a the world of a man, make up and hairbrushes are not of interest.”
“I don’t like make up, nor do I like acting like a lady.”
“Sure you do. That’s why you are wearing a dress.”
She held the sword out with a frown on her face. “You take it back or I shall cut wounds into you right now!”
Prince tried to grab his sword. But the girl stepped back holding it out in front of her with a smile on her face.
“If you shall really want your sword. You have to try and take it away from me without wounding yourself.” she said with a smile.
“I wouldn’t say that’s a very fun or fair away Princess. Now would you like me to teach you or not?”
“Yes I would.”
“Hand it over.”
Emma handed him the long sword and he held it in his hand and looked up at her. “All right now. You have to make sure your footing is right throughout the whole swing or else you might as well die.”
“Teach me,” she demanded.
Prince placed his hands tightly on her waist and put her into place and handed her the sword. “How try to turn around and strike me with full speed.” he whispered into her ear.
Emma planted her feet on the ground and soon whipped around missing Prince and falling onto the ground.
Prince smiled and then let the loud laughter escape his mouth. His long laughs made the girl very enraged as she got out and grabbed the sword. She shifted the long blade around and finally hit him in the arm. She held it out and then kicked his stomach and he fell onto his back.
Prince laid on the ground groaning and staring up into the sky. “Oh god!” he yelled. “Princess that really hurt!”
Emma bent over him with a large smile spread across her face. “I’m sorry Prince. Did I injure you that bad?” she laughed and stood over him.
“Yes,” he whispered and then pulled her down on top of him. “If you kiss me I’d feel much better.”
Beau and Leon held two horses and smiled. “Ugh um,” he said loudly to get their attention.
“Princess the village has let us have two horses. So we now can continue on our journey.” Leon said. He sat upon the shoulder of Beau.
Prince got up and took the bigger horse. “Are you ready to continue Princess?” he asked.
Emma mounted the horse and then sat in back of Prince holding onto the saddle.
“What if your mother sends more people to murder us?” she whispered into his ear.
“Then I shall simply kill them again and again until she has no army left to fight for her.”
“Why does she want us dead?” she asked.
He sighed. “Because mother wants the kingdom to herself. She’s afraid that you are going to want to become king and queen and try to over throw her rulings. She is exceptionally treacherous and willing to kill anyone who gets in her way of ruling.
“She would kill her own son and husband?” she asked.
“She’d do anything she had to,” said he.
The four of them continued on their journey through the wood gazing all around them.
“I wonder if we shall ever leave this wood, as it goes on forever and ever.” said Beau.
“We soon will be leaving this wood where we have to approach the Sea of Self Truth.”
“What is the Sea of Self Truth?” asked Emma, as she was very anxious to know about the unfamiliar place, as it had a very peculiar name.
“It’s where people travel to all around the world to try to recognize themselves.  People all around want to see the truth that hides behind their eyes..” said Leon.
“Have you ever been there?” Beau inquired.
“No but I have heard of it.” he said.
  Prince held onto the reins of the horse staring ahead, not wanting to engage in the conversation in anyway. The three of them traveled for a long time until they came to turbulent sea, the waves were a deep blueish-grey.
“Oh lord!” exclaimed Beau and got off his horse and walked towards the water and  gazed out at the jetty. He could see a woman holding out her arms and singing loudly.  Her long turquoise robe blew in the wind as she continued to chant.
“Who is that?” Emma asked.
“I do not know.” said Prince.
Beau walked on the jetty slowly but than began to quicken his pace to the woman on the end of the jetty. When he made it he approached her with a quiet shallow greeting in which she did not respond back to until he called at her for the second time.
“Greetings my dear child, who are you?” the woman asked.
“My name is Beau, as I am a twelve year old farm boy assisting a Princess on a journey home.”
“Look into the water my dear boy,” she whispered. “And you shall see whom you really are.”
Beau looked down into the water and saw his own reflection at first. He then saw himself bowing to a king, dressed as a noble knight. He was being knighted for portraying the bravest and most successful tasks known to man. As the king touched his shoulder with a sword and rewarded him with a princess more beautiful then the earth itself.
“I see...I see myself being knighted by a king. And he’s just rewarded me as a knight for completing the best tasks. He also is giving me his daughter which I assume is a princess. Oh she’s very beautiful with long golden hair. He’s I think he’s allowing me to marry her.” he said. He continued to look into the waves, almost being hypnotized by his compromising future.
“You have a very bold truthful future ahead of you,” said Madame. “You are a very lucky young boy.”
“Is this true! When will this happen to me!” he asked.
Prince and Emma walked to Madame who greeted them and asked them to look upon the sea.
“You young man gaze deep into the see to find the inner truth,” she whispered into Prince’s ear.
Prince gazed into the ocean. At first he saw only the reflection of his own face. But then began to see something more magical then ever. He could see himself inside a small house next to Emma. They both stood inches away from another separated by a light, that they could never cross to see each other. He stopped looking and fell back cold.
“Prince!” yelled Emma and looked at him.
They could see his spirit that was in the shape of a heart being sucked out of his body and into the sea.
He soon opened his eyes and stared up. “Where is it we are?” he said. “Where are we?” he asked.
“Prince do you love Emma?” Beau asked. “Is she a Princess?
“I do not love her like that and she is not a Princess Beau as I have told you before.”
“Your back! Your back to normal!” she yelled and hugged him tightly.
“I am very confused,” he said.
Leon smiled. “You were cast under a love spell dear prince. One that caused you to fall in love with the young lady and call her a Princess.”
“I don’t remember a thing,” he said.
Madame looked up at Emma. “You young lady are to look into the sea.”
Emma obeyed and stared into the sea and saw nothing but her reflection. But then she could see herself laying in the middle of a field with a notebook, sleeping under the oak trees. She slept to soundly, wearing the same dress and boots she was now.
“I-I see myself sleeping under the oak trees with a notebook in my hand. I’m in a meadow too. The trees seem awfully familiar, I dearly wish where I could remember seeing them.”
“In times to come you shall remember,” she whispered and disappeared into thin air.
Beau ran forward to the end of the jetty. “W-where did she go?” he asked. “How did she disappear?”
“I do not know but we shall keep moving on,” said Prince as he headed to his horse and sat on it.
“Are you going to join me Princess?” he asked. “Are would you rather ride with someone else?”
Emma mounted the horse and sat in back of Prince without moving or saying a word.
Beau sat on his horse with Leon on his shoulder as they continued back into the wood and continued their journey.

We are approaching sunset where we will need to find shelter.” said Prince and rode ahead of Beau.
“But we have not rested in this part of the wood before. We shall not know how dangerous it could be.” said Beau.
“You are a child and to you taking a nights rest in a strange place would sure make you feel afraid.” said Price.
“I-I am not afraid!” he said angry and stopped his horse under a large tree that’s branches extended out greatly. He tied his horse’s reins to a log and climbed the tree sitting up in the branch.
“I will be vigilant incase any danger were to come towards us. Therefore it danger appears in my presence I shall take my sword and dispatch it!” he said very loud with dignity.
Beau sat up in the three with Leon as they sat vigilant. He moved about at every noise that was made. The young boy wanted to prove to the prince that he was worth value and he could protect them when danger appeared. The young boy sat in the tree for the longest time until he closed his eyes and slept.

Prince arose the next morning and smiled when he saw the young boy asleep in the tree with Leon on his chest.
“I shall like to know what you find so humorous?” Emma asked, standing next to him.
“The young boy fell asleep on the job.” he said.
“I am very sure he must be tired.” she remarked.
Prince clapped his hands loudly and yelled Beau’s name. He got the attention of the young boy who darted up and swung off the tree branch and onto the ground.
“What is it Prince?” he asked and stood below him. “Are we ready to continue on the journey to bring the the Princess home?”
“Yes now round up the horses.”
Emma mounted the horse and sat on it. “I shall like to have my own horse today.”
“Very well,” Prince said. “If that is what pleases you my Youngness so it be it.”
They continued through the wood until they came out into an opening where there was a split in the road. One road read Wood of Fact and another read Wood of Knowledge.
“I saw we go through the Wood of Fact,” said Emma. “Because in my own life knowing every little bit of something isn’t always the prior choice to live by. By exploring facts about a thing can give you more knowledge then the entire world itself.”
“But surely knowledge is more helpful then facts. Facts can be very un true while knowledge is true.” Beau argued.
“But dear boy when you open a book about knowledge do you happen to read it and remember it? And is that knowledge always true?” asked Leon. “But you learn a fact from something is it always un true?”
“In my home the shoe maker very much told me facts about the earth that were true. And at my classroom in school the teacher gave us a problem to solve that was not.”
Prince kicked the horse that he and Beau sat on and it trotted on the road that led to the Wood of Fact.
“What facts shall we learn when we get there?” Beau asked.
“I do not know, we shalt have to see when we arrive.” said Leon.
Emma followed them until they entered the wood. She sat on her horse and gazed around to see a beautiful woman standing in her presence. The woman wore a long velvet red dress with long sleeves that reached her ankles. As she had smooth looking skin and bright long cherry red lips.  Her long brown hair reacher her middle back and she had a bright vibrant smile upon her face.
“Welcome my dear friends to the Wood of Fact. You shall learn a many great deal of things here. Whether you shall care to know about them you shall listen anyway as it may happen you will need to know these facts as you lead on your journey.” she said.
“I shall like to know who you are?” Emma asked.
“My name is Jolie. As I would like to know who you are?” she asked.
Emma got off her horse and stood in her presence holding out her hand hoping for a greeting. “I come from a land a far and my friends Prince, Beau, and Leon are accompanying me on my journey home.”
“Who is the son of Queen Anastasia. Am I correct?” she asked Prince who stared at his feet.
“You are correct.”
She smiled. “You need to know three facts to get out of this wood and continue on your journey.”
“What are the facts?” asked Beau, ready once again to beat any obstacle in his path.
“You need to know that your wisdom is the greatest success of all. That your heart  will keep on beating as you believe in yourself. And that only you yourself can save you from your own fate.” she told them.
“That is it?” Beau queried. “Those are the facts we came here for?!”
“Young boy the reason for most people’s disappointment in life is that they refuse to believe in themselves. They think that the lack of intelligence and not knowing the next step makes them a failure. As for some children are afraid of themselves and others for taunting them. But if one can stand up for themselves, they think they shall accomplish something and be smart.”
Emma knew what she was talking about and took her words into complete thought and consideration. As she knew she was afraid of others very much. Especially back at her own house where she was annoyed by her sisters and bullied at school.
“What if you are afraid of what others think of you and therefore cannot put up a fight for yourself?” she asked.
The beautiful woman took her hand as they walked slowly through the wood together. “Does something bother you my dear child?”
“Back at home I go to a private school and I get tormented all the time at school.” she said.
“Why do you think that is?” the woman asked.
“Because I am not like them and I’m different. All the girls in my school are pretty like you and have boys they call friends. I dress and act differently then them. Nobody really talks to me at all and they make fun of me for reading and writing.” she said.
“You child are very beautiful and intelligent and perhaps one day you shall show them that you are the most successful of all. ” she said softly.
“But your a grown up. You are suppose to say things like that to make a child happy.”
“You do not realize how special you are Emma. How gifted and sweet you are to people. I really wish this place was filled with more people who are as caring as you.”
  Jolie kissed her head and smiled. “Believe in the three facts I have told you. As they will help you on your journey. And will lead you home to a life where you will be different.”
“Wait how do you know my name?! Wait Jolie wait!” she yelled out and went to grab her but she had all ready disappeared.
“What’s all the yelling about? Are you okay Emma?” asked Beau.
She remained staring at the spot Jolie had been standing then looked up at Beau who stared at her.
“Wood of Fact didn’t teach me a thing.” said Beau. “I honestly wish we had chosen the other road.”
“I think we will be able to continue on just fine.” said Leon.
Prince sat on Emma’s horse. “Would you like to have your own horse back?” he asked.
“No that is all right I shall share with you.”
“All right.”
She sat on the horse in back of Prince leaning to put her chin on his shoulder. She watched him smile happily as he trotted on through the path through the wood. “Are you tired my Youngness?” he asked.
“Yes I am quite tired as this has been a long journey for me.”
“It’s only been about two days Youngness.”
“But it seems much longer.”
He nodded. “That I would agree with. I will assure you that this journey is a little more than half way over.”
“Why is that?”
“Because you have all ready began to learn new things about yourself and about how you can change things.”
“Have you learnt anything?”
“I have learned a thing or two.”
“What have you learnt?”
Prince cleared his throat. “I have learned that their are more things in my land to care about then myself. I learned that I shall need to acquire responsibility and trust to be able to make myself a better person. I also realized about how much love deprives a person to make them do things they would never would have done.”
“The spell made you change the way you felt about me.” she said softly with a smile on her face.
“While on the spell my actions towards love were very over whelming and very inappropriate. Making you feel uncomfortable with my words and actions were terrible on my part.”
“It wasn’t your fault, you were under a spell.”
“I wish I could have stopped it.”
She sighed. “How do you feel about me now?”
“I like you as a friend and care about you.”
Emma took her chin off his shoulder and stared forward at Beau who made a conversation with Leon on his shoulder.
“What is the matter Youngness?” he asked. “All of a sudden you seem very unhappy.”
Emma stared down at her feet and couldn’t tell the truth to him, as he didn’t feel the same way about her. After all she had been through with his annoyances of love while he was under the spell. She really now thought of Prince as somebody she truly cared about, her feelings were now true.
Prince stopped his horse and turned around on his horse now facing her. He looked into her downcast eyes and felt sorrow in his heart seeing her melancholy expression.
“You love me don’t you my Youngness?” he asked. “You love me in the way that is more true then all.”
“I wasn’t in love with you when you had the spell cast upon you because it wasn’t real feelings. As you were attracted to me because you had to be. But now I love you not because I have to, because I want you.”
Prince rested his hand on her cheek and kissed her head. “Do you love me for who I am?”
“I love you by reason that you are strong, bright, and not willing to give up. As for all we have been through on this journey. You have kept up with me and gone with every decision benefiting me.”
  He turned around and kicked the horse that trotted ahead. “My avidity and affection for you are very strong my Youngness. I do not want my emotions to get in the way of the our friendship we possess. As it’s treasured as gold and I wouldn’t want that gold to become plain old silver.”
Emma wrapped her arms tightly around him and rested her chin on his shoulder once again.
“Do you think Jolie is right?” she asked. “Do you think the three facts she told us were true?”
“I do believe they are.”
“Really?”
“Of course.”
They journeyed on through the wood until they came out to another opening where there was a cave.

Carved into the stone above them was Cave of Contemplation.
“Cave of Con-temp-la-tion.” Beau spelled out. “What does contemplation mean Leon?” he asked.
“Contemplation is the action of thoughtfully looking at something for a long time.” said Leon.
“We could just go around the cave.”” Emma suggested.
“We can’t because there is no way around it. Look there’s stone for miles at each way.”
“If I can defeat a dragon I can make it through a dark treacherous looking cave.” said Beau.
“Leave the horses to be,” said Prince. “As we can find others on the other side.”
Emma held the hands of Beau and Prince as they entered the dark cave and walked until they saw a florescent salmon colored light.
Beau touched it and out came a woman who had long golden blond hair and wore a white silk gown. “My name is Odette and now that you have entered the Cave of Contemplation. Your thoughts and questions have been put to the test.”
“Thoughts?” asked Prince. “What thoughts?”
Odette smiled. “You each have one question that will be able to get you through this cave.”
“I don’t like asking questions. As for I never can find a right answer.” said Emma, shamelessly.
“There is always a right answer my love. As you do not realize it now but as you go on through the cave you shall see.”
Odette vanished into thin air and left the three of them and Leon to decide what to do.
“We cannot see where we are going so how shall we know find our way through?” asked Beau.
“You must trust your instinct my boy.” said Leon. “As if the four of us shalt work together, the four of us shalt succeed.”
Emma held the hands Prince and Beau as they walked through the Cave of Competence. After a while the four of them felt as they could not succeed. As the cave was too dark and they had no idea where they were heading. Only the darkness was around them. Emma believed that the darkness would surely consume them as a whole.
“This is completely hopeless. We don’t even know where we are!” Beau yelled and lit a small candle that was in his pocket.
“Look! Look! I see a light from a far!” Prince yelled and grabbed their hands running.
Emma approached the bright florescent ball of light and out came a lady. Her hair was long and brown and she wore a dark blue gown. “You may ask me one question that will guide you in the right direction.”
“How far are we into the cave?” Emma asked.
“You are much farther then thou think.” she replied.
They watched her vanish into thin air, which left them all in awe.
“That wasn’t much help.”
Beau held his candle out in front of him and continued to walk forward, the others followed. Soon enough they spotted another bright light, this one was a bold violet.
“Another light!” Prince yelled and approached it.
A woman with long red hair, and dressed in a long violet gown stood before them smiling. “You may ask me one question that will guide you in the right direction.”
“Are we close to the exit of the cave?” he asked.
“Yes you are very close,” she responded and vanished just as the woman did before.
The three continued to walk until they saw an opening in the cave and exited out into a wood. There was thousands of soldiers that walked by them on horses. They were dressed in coruscating armor and held out long swords.

“What are they doing?!” Beau asked Prince, very loudly. “I have never seen this many battle men before!”
“I do not know but I shall find out!” he yelled and ran up ahead and and found the lead Knight, Knight Vernan.
“Excuse me sir! What is happening?” he asked.
The night looked down at him. “King Galedon of Harvmorta has sent his men to Baratona to fight us!”
Prince walked back. “There’s a war. One of the kings, King Galedon of Harvmorta. He’s always wanted, very much, to steal our land and take over the kingdom. But my father’s men have always won the battle and this time I think I am going to have to help. As the last year, I was very much too young to fight in the battle. But I am fifteen now, and a young man. So I shall fight for my land, Land of Prince.”
“Your not going to fight alone. I am coming with you!” Beau said and held out his sword.
“I am helping too. Just because I am a lady doesn’t mean I do not have the skills to fight. When I first arrived here I wouldn’t have taken this chance. As I would have been much to afraid to fight. After all I have been through I have changed. I have become a different person and I shall help win this war!” Emma yelled.
“So be it!” Prince yelled.
The three of them traveled beside Knight Vernan and traveled beside him for quite aways until they came to a resting place.
“Are you sure you want to fight in this war Prince?” he asked. “Does your mother or father even know that you are?”
“It doesn’t matter what my parents think. I choose to portray my own actions so I shall receive my own consequences.”
“Fare enough. As for the boy and you can be fitted into your armor. But the lady shall go with the woman,” he said.
“I am not doing a woman’s job as I am just as successful and hard working as any man!” she yelled at him.
“Very well, go get suited. But if you get laughed at girl don’t come to me.”
Beau held Leon in the palm of his hand. “As I only have one wish. I shall like to receive golden armor and a matching golden shield to match my sword.”
“Shalt that be your final wish?” Leon asked.
“Yes please,” Beau responded.
Leon closed his eyes and held up his hands and sat in the palm of Beau’s hand resting.
A few seconds later Beau stood in his beaming gold armor. He opened his eyes and gasped when he saw himself. “Wow!”
“You look like a true warrior,” said Prince, a bit envious. As he wished he could have his own.
“Come on my Youngness we shall get fitted into our armor.”
The two of them walked into a weapon house where soldiers sat gathering their swords and getting their armor.
Prince grabbed all parts of the armor and fit it to Emma who looked very robust in it.
“Here is your shield and your sword,” he said and handed it to her. “Do you actually know how to use it?”
“Just a little.”
Prince smiled and pulled her long brown hair back into the back of her armor and they walked out.
“Who’s the girly?” asked a soldier, as they passed. Most of the guys laughed as they walked by, but some of them gave her a nod of approval.
“It is soon to be sunset my Youngness. I am not sure how long I can teach you swordplay.”
“Teach me as if I were a man. I very much wouldn’t like it if you were to take it easy on me.”
“As you wish.” said Prince.
He held out his sword and they began. The intense swordplay went on for several minutes until she knocked the sword out of his hand.
“How did you do that?” he asked.
“I just believed in myself.” she laughed.
They both sat down in the grass and took off their battle helmets and rested peacefully.
“After this battle is over we shall continue on your journey home,” said Prince.
“I do not much think I would like to go back home. As I hated my life before I came here.” said Emma.
“Maybe when you return home things shall be different. You could end up being an entirely altered person.” said Prince.
“But you, Beau, and Leon, and everyone else I have met here are the only friends I have ever had.” she said softly. “I wouldn’t want to have to leave the only people who care about me.”
“I’m sure your family cares about you and are missing you this very moment in time.”
“I do very much miss my family but I rather stay here forever.”
“But surely your family is much more important.”
Emma turned away and gazed to the sky. “After this battle things may change. I may want to be your princess.”
“In times be we shall see.”

Beau shook Prince and Emma as it was early morning and the soldiers were all ready packing up to leave.
“There’s a horse for each of us.” said Beau, with Leon sitting on his shoulder.
Emma sat on the large white horse and trotted off behind a knight and it felt like forever as they were still walking on the path through the wood.
“How long is Baratona from here?” she asked the Knight Clancy who was ahead of her. He looked like he was a little older then Prince.
“About another’s day’s rest and we shall be there as early as tomorrow young lady,” he said.
“How long have you been a knight?” she questioned. She knew there were many more to come. She wanted to know everything about being a knight. And what it took to become knighted.
“I have been serving as a knight since I’ve been fifteen years old and I am now twenty-two. By the next few years I hope to become a lord or vassal then after that a duke.”
“What’s a lord and vassal?”
“A vassal takes hold of land and splits it up as well as a lord. But a duke is the highest ruler next to the prince.”
“So Prince has authority over you?”
“Prince can only control so much.”
She gazed back at Prince who smiled kindly back at her, then soon trotted up beside her.
“Beau looks very happy to fight,” he said. “I do very much think he’ll make a great warrior.”
“Surely you will fight by his side, and make sure he doesn’t get wounded?” she said, questionably.
“Of course Youngness, whatever pleases you.”
“Whatever pleases me?” she laughed. “Are you still allowing me to be in control.”
“I am entitled to let you go where you wish. As if you want to fight this battle, so be it.” he said.
“You do not want me to fight, do you?” she asked.
He sighed. “Battle is a very undertaking task to complete. As you do not know if you shall come out alive or to give your life during battle. This isn’t yours to fight, nor Beau’s or Leon’s. It is my war and risking your lives to fight...it frightens me.”
“I am going to go forth and fight in this battle whether you approve it or not. I shall do in the least of what I desire.” she said softly and trotted back up in front of Prince.

Emma sat on the edge of the wood with Prince beside her and together they stared at the full moon.
“Do you miss being away from your parents?” she asked him.
Prince turned to her. “Not very much. I am usually always away from my parents at all times of the year. I do not miss them as they do not miss me.”
“How do you know they don’t miss you?”
“Because I’ve sent them letters and they never responded back to them. As when I was away it was good for them as they could run my land themselves.”
“Are you going to go back to claim your kingdom when you have made her I’ve gotten home?” she asked.
“This will always be my land and kingdom. My responsibility is to attend to my people and have them feel sheltered and content at all times.” he said.
Emma moved closer to him until her lips were inches away from his and she smiled.
“I would very much like to have a kiss,” she said.
Prince raised his eyebrows. “A kiss?”
“A kiss.”
He closed his eyes and wasn’t sure how to approach the young girl, highly afraid he might scare her.
Their lips met and an instant shot of delight warmed both of their hearts. As for each second longer they held the kiss, the more endearment they felt.
“Was that a kiss you were looking for?” he asked with a smile on his face. “Or would you like me to kiss you again?”
“That one kiss was enough. I think I shall head to bed,” she said and walked off to her tent to see Beau sleeping beside his armor. He was curled up in a small ball and sucked his thumb.
“He’s rather endearing. Don’t you think?” she asked Prince.
He smiled. “I be of the same mind.”

Beau strapped his armor tightly upon his small frame and stood with his sword. In his mind he could be the best warrior of all and had all to boast about it. It wasn’t everyday a small farm boy could kill a dragon and save friends from danger. In his eyes he couldn’t be defeated.
“You know everyone’s talking about how you slain a dragon. I think that’s very impressive giving your size and age,” said Knight Clancy.
  Beau held an apple to his face to examine it, then bit into it. “I’m fighting this battle for the princess. And after I am going to be one of the heroes that escorts her home back to safety.”
“She’s a little old for you ain’t  she lad?” he laughed. “There’s lots of girls in the castle your age.”
“I’m not trying to win the heart of the princess because Prince all ready has it. I just want her to remember me always. Have me in heart and mind at all times you know?” he said.
Prince got suited in his armor and walked out to the two of them. “What are we having a lovely chat about this forenoon?” he asked.
All ready all the Knights and soldiers were packing up their tents and supplies on their horses and heading out on the path through the wood to get to Baratona. They loaded up as well.
Emma sat in her armor upon her large white stallion with her sword in the sheath of her belt. She could feel her helmet sliding off her head and her shin hards loosely on her shins. In heart in mind she was ready for war but body wise she wasn’t.
Her experience with war was dissimilar. She had never once seen a sword, and now she held one. She had never seen a man die in combat, she’d very much likely to see it happen. She’ll be exposed to the moral obligations of life, right before her very two eyes, and that’s what surprised her the most.
“Are you certain you’d still like to go through and take life?” asked Prince. As they would be approaching Baratona very soon.
“I’m very much ready.”
“Pleased to hear it.”
It was less then an hour later when the hundreds of Knights lined up on the battlefront holding out their swords. Each Knight had a menacing look upon their face which meant they were ready to fight.
Emma and Beau were the last row and all held their swords out ready for battle.
“Why is it so silent?” Beau asked.
“Because Prince is talking with the other knights and greeting the other king before battle I think.” she said.
“Why would you he that?” Beau asked.
“I don’t know.” she said.
All ready the sound of cannons and guns firing reverberated through the air sending more and more knights into the midst of the battle.
“Are you ready?!” Beau yelled, in a more questionable tone.
“YES!” she responded. “Beau...whatever happens I want you to know I’ll never forget you!” she yelled.
Emma kicked the side of her horse that cantered off into the battle holding her sword out and hoping for the best. The young girl swung her sword in out and around actually striking men down to the ground. She pulled her helmet protecter over to cover her eyes and she fought. She stood up on her horse and launched her sword into the heart of a horse and pulled it out.
“Emma!” Prince yelled. “Watch out!”
A man swung at her knocking her off the side of her horse and onto the ground where he continued to strike at her. Emma rolled on the ground as the man kept thrusting is sword at her, striking the earth instead. She knew she was a lot smaller and could possibly tire the soldier out. But that was only one possibility. If she couldn’t tire him out, she would surely die. As she struggled crawling and rolling helplessly darting the sword she called out for Prince or Beau, but only heard the pounding of hooves and the screaming of battle.
Prince raced up from behind and pierced the man through the back. He pulled out his sword and helped her up. She now sat on the back of his horse looking around for Beau who killed about every few minutes.
“Give me your sword!” Prince bellowed.
She handed it to him and he took it and launched it through the air, striking a man off his horse.
Emma lifted up her helmet. “How’d you learn to do that!?!”
He smiled. “It’s just something I’ve always known how to do.”
Beau let out a wail as he flourished his sword swiftly through the air and hit another man off his horse. The reaction from the other men were very instantaneous as they evaded from the scene.
The three of them gazed upon the hill in awe and incredulity as they saw more of the enemy drawing closer to them. As they presumed the enemy would have retreated by the great number of losses they had, had.
“What can we do Clancy!” Prince shouted to the noble Knight who all ready had a look of trepidation upon his face. As his eyes were as frozen as ice and filled with apprehension.
“I-I do not know!” he shouted. “Too many of our men are wounded and dead. We have to retreat!” he shouted.
“We can’t do that!” shouted Beau.
Emma kicked her horse and rode away at a canter, charging towards the large throng of Knights holding out her sword.
“Princess, no!” Beau shouted and raced after her.
The young brave girl slashed her sword in the air until she was tossed off her horse and onto the ground.
The knight charged at her and threw off his helmet and held up his keen sword up, still mounted on his horse. The large sword shun in the air sending luminescent rays of light in all directions.
“NO!” Prince screamed as he and Beau darted towards her and the knight who was about to strike her.
The knight thrusted his sword into her stomach and pulled it out slowly and walked away.
Emma laid on the ground; and choked and coughed as she could feel the air escaping from her lungs and body. She closed her eyes, and images and visions poured through her head. She could see herself again in a field in a long white dress, asleep under the oak tree. As she focused in on herself asleep she could see a journal on the ground that read Land of Prince. Her family sat at the dinner table having conversation without her, as if she had never existed...

She awoke in the middle of the wood again, dressed in a long white dress. All the people she had met on the journey had surrounded her smiling and each held a small box in their hands.
“Where am I?” she whispered and turned to see a tall woman dressed in a long, lace white dress as well. She was gorgeous which porcelain skin, dark blue eyes, and long blond hair.
“Who are you?” she whispered.
The woman smiled. “I am Verrova.”
The woman took her hand and walked her over to the line of people who smiled and waited for her greeting.
“You have completed the end of your adventure and now know who you are and what you expect of yourself,” Vera said. “Each of your friend’s has a gift for you. One that will remind you who you are and what you did to complete your adventure.”
Emma first approached Baldwin Blue. The kindly creature she had met on her journey to the castle. The one who first taught of her mannerisms and had introduced her to the world of stories The one who had accompanied her on her journey for her request for Prince’s help.
“It was a pleasure meeting you My Lady. As I will provide you with this book of adventure. As you can keep records of all the things you have in mind, and write down your own adventures and stories to tell.”
“Thank you,” she said. She hugged Baldwin tightly and moved to the next person in line who was Odette.
“Young lady I reward you with this telescope as you will be able to see danger and conquer it all around you so you shalt be successful,” she said and hugged Emma.
Madame was next and bestowed her with a mirror. “You shall see yourself for who you really are and not what other people think of you.”
Jolie held out a rose and stuck it in her hair. “For beauty isn’t just style. For true beauty lies within for someone with as much personality.” She kissed her on the head.
Emma saw Beau and hugged him tightly and kissed his head. “If it were not for you I never would have made it through this journey.”
Beau kissed her on the cheek. “If it were not for you Princess I would have never had the audacity to do any of the noble quest I conquered. As I provide you with this golden bracelet. “It will protect you and help you remember the gold of my sword.”
At last she approached Prince who held a small necklace with a small crystal ball on the end of it.
“Emma..I have never felt such true love for a person that I have felt for you. Before I was nothing and with you. You have taught me there is more to life then myself. That there is my people I need to care for. You have taught each of us something that we never would have learned. So with this necklace you will be able to see us any time you’d like.”
Prince kissed her for a long period of time and stepped away with a smile. He held his hand out and waved...

Emma awoke in a large golden meadow under a massive oak tree. She laid on a blanket with her writing journal out in front of her. But she also realized she had returned home. The sun shun down and the cool breeze circulated through the air flipping her writing journal open. She saw the title written in cursive “Land of Prince.”
She opened it and had read the writing in which all her adventures were listed in it. What she had realized was she had a gift, a unique gift that only she knew about. That she had the power and imagination to create such a place that truly had existed, within her own beliefs and mind. She had the power to differentiate between fantasy and reality. She believed she could succeed if she set your mind to something, even as difficult and mind boggling it may seem. Only she had the power to complete it. The Land of Prince was something that would never forget, not in a life time.