The Fallen Angel | Teen Ink

The Fallen Angel

By Taylor_B, Andover, New Jersey
Taylor_B, Andover, New Jersey

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times. If one only remembers to turn on the light." -Albus Dumbledore

Author's note: Based off passed role plays with OC character, Daniel Darkshire

There was a constant pain erupting from the boys side. Fists slammed into him, again, again, and again. Danny couldn't find the strength to fight back, much less shout for help. All he knew what that he had failed, failed to protect Scarlet against the monster they called their father.
He forced his eyes shut when he heard her blood curling scream. Their father stood over her and laughed, then began to do the unthinkable. The two had always been forced into the same room, at the same time everyday, to receive nothing but constant beatings. They had always dreamed about the day they'd be old enough to fight back, but it seemed centuries away.
As time went on, Danny was beaten beyond repair. He was hospitalized for several weeks. His close friends, along with his family members were told he had cancer, to cover up what really happened. After a week or so, his friends stopped visiting, even Scarlet too. On August 13th 2011, Danny Dark had passed away.

When Danny woke he was still in his hospital bed. The flowers at his bedside appeared to be dead for a long time. There was no sound in the room, not even a beep from the heart monitor. Confused, he yanked out his IV's and walked out the door.
Nobody questioned him as he wandered down the once crowed hallway. People seemed to pass right through him. 'Am I dead?' He thought as he made his way to the nearest exit. Yet he still wore his hospital gown, since no one seemed to see him. Everything about this confused Danny, and he longed for answers.
The boy wandered around for a while, unsure of where to turn. Danny knew he couldn't go back home, so he slumped down against a wall of the nearest building. He sighed, then looked down at himself to find white. White?!
"What?!" The boy exclaimed before jumping to his feet. His back unnaturally heavy, and he reached back his hand and felt, feathers?! Once again, he was left confused. "What the heck is going on..." He mumbled and a voice responded, "Hello, Daniel. Welcome to the world of the angels.".

The next few weeks were all a blur. Just as one would imagine, nothing was the same for Danny. He was an angel now, after all. He was sent to heaven to receive special training to become a guardian angel.
Nothing really changed about the boy. He was strong and protective as always, yet he did develop something that would get him into much trouble, anger issues. Danny was constantly sent to another room to calm himself if another got him angry.
Days seemed like a few hours for the common angel. Before Danny knew it, it was graduation day. When an angel graduates, they are given a human to watch over and "guard" hence the name, "Guardian Angel". Everyone was called up in alphabetical order. Danny sat in his chair, leaning back slightly. After a half hour, his name was called.
"Daniel Darkshire." The announcer called to the crowd. Danny stood, bowed, then walked over to the stage. He turned and faced the crowd. He spoke his vow that all the angels had to memorize, "I, Daniel Darkshire, will spend the rest of my immortal life protecting another from harm. If I shall break my vow, or commit a sin of any kind, I shall be sent to the pits of hell." Once he finished, the announcer cleared her throat. "Daniel, you will be in charge of guarding, Scarlet Briar." His sister.

Danny's jaw dropped. How on earth could he have gotten his sister? He has almost forgotten about her, and he was certain that she had died as well. Considering how terrible their "father" was. A guard had to move Danny back to his seat because he was in such shock, he couldn't even function.
Hours after graduation, Danny was given his sisters location, which would be his first assignment. The male paced back and forth in his apartment, trying to take everything in. He quickly changed into a pair of fresh grey jeans, and a white hoodie. Yes, he had to wear the stereo typical angel clothes.
Danny threw himself off the top of his roof, and let himself fall. He closed his eyes, picturing the address he was given. In a few seconds, he was standing In a crowd of people. He frantically searched the crowd for his sister. Being an angel, he could run through a crowd of people unnoticed, unless he allowed himself to be seen. After running through a few people, a high pitch scream erupted inside a nearby building.
All of the hairs stood up on the angels back. He knew that scream anywhere, and he hoped that he would never have to hear it again. His slow walk turned into a full on sprint as he ran towards the screams that no one else seemed to hear. Once he found the building, he kicked the doors down and rushed in, allowing whoever was inside to see him.
What he was witnessing what the most terrible thing ever. His sister was in fetal position on the floor, screaming and crying, while a large male with pale skin and shaggy black hair was standing over her, kicking her side and laughing insanely. "Stupid, stupid! I told you not to go out of the house!" He roared, kicking her again. This set Danny off, nobody could stop him from what he was about to do.
He pulled a silver switch out of his pocket and brought it to life. "Get OFF my sister!" He roared, and puffed out his shoulders so he looked bigger than he actually was. "Who the hell are you?!" The attacker questioned, then laughed when he saw how short Danny was. "Hah! So you're gonna save this dumb Girl? You? Flipping midget!" He laughed once more and turned away. He obviously didn't see Danny as a threat.
That was the mans first mistake. "Don't say I didn't warn you." Danny grinned. It was a smile of pure insanity. He rushed towards the man, and jumped on his back, taking him down. They rolled around for a few seconds, before Danny gained control and plunged his knife into the mans chest. He knew this wouldn't kill him, but all he wanted was for the man to suffer.

The screams stopped. The attacker took his final breaths, and died a few moments after Danny stabbed him. He jumped off the man and ran over to his sister.
"Scarlet?" He whispered, flipping her on her back. There was no blood, but she was decorated with different colored bruises. She was was passed out, which made him even more angry at the man who hit her. The angel pulled his red headed sister into his lap, and held her. All was quite, for now at least.
After an hour or two, the streets grew quite. There was not a sound. Except for the thunder that roared across town. It was followed by a voice, the same one that spoke to Danny when he first died. "Daniel Darkshire, you have broken your vow!" It roared, and Danny's heart stopped. He had killed a man, he committed a sin. "I had to protect my sister!!" He shouted to no one in particular. Everything in the room seemed to grow darker, and Danny felt his body change.
"Your punishment is to be thrown to hell! Cast away from the heavens! Satan shall watch over you now!" The voice shouted, then he went through the change. His once white wings turned to a deep shade of black, and his eyes faded to a blood red. The boys muscles doubled their size, and his perfect teeth sharpened to fangs, and his fingernails became claws.
"Scarlet can't see my like this..." He gasped, looking down at his once white appearance. He picked up his sisters nearly lifeless body, and Carried her back to her apartment. Well at least that's what his instincts told him. He placed her down on her bed, and kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry I failed.." He whispered, and disappeared into a cloud of smoke.

There wasn't anything left for Danny to do. By saving Scarlet, he lost his right to live in heaven. The once guardian angel was now one of the dark lords minions. He sat In an abandon building day by day, unsure of what to do with himself. One night, while he actually attempted to get some sleep, a dark figure stood in the doorway watching him sleep.
Something was telling the demon that he was being watched. There was an uneasy feeling resting at the pit of his stomach. He knew he had to show no fear, so he didn't even bother to face the figure. "And what is it you're looking for?" He called to it. There was no answer. It seemed like hours past, so Danny stood up and turned around. As soon as he faced the door, someone tackled him to the ground.
He felt long silky hair touch his face, it was a girl. Figuring this out, he laughed. "Hah! What's a silly little girl gonna do to hurt me?" He taunted and his eyes flashed a quick red, and he smiled his sharp toothed smile. "I'm your worst nightmare." The figure laughed, a blood curling laugh like you would hear in a horror movie. Whoever it was, got up off Danny and waited.
Danny stood, and looked down at the girl who had attacked him. She had long black hair that reached her waist, and blue eyes that seemed to stare right into his soulless body. "How cute." He chuckled, and crossed his arms and began to examine her features since she remained silent. She wore a skin tight black mini dress, and heels that looked as sharp as knives. Her milky white skin glowed in the moonlight.
"Well?" He asked, clearly not afraid now. It took a few minutes, but the girl answered. "My name is Raven, leader of the Demon Daughters. We've been waiting for you, Daniel." She said in a smooth tone. Danny liked the sound of her voice, and he certainly liked her outfit. So like any fool, he followed her into a portal that she summoned out of thin air.
When they came out the other end, Danny found himself surrounded by other girls wearing the same "uniform" as Raven. Some girls had giant dark wings like Danny's, others had long tails and even scales. "Why am I here again?" Danny asked, clearly enjoying his view. Raven on the other hand, seemed highly annoyed and rolled her eyes. "Someone here requested your presence, follow me." She said cooly and lead him into another room away from all the other demons.
Inside the room there was a metal table and chair, and a pair of handcuffs on the table along with some file folders. It reminded Danny of the questioning rooms police had in the movies. "Take a seat there, and put those cuffs on, don't do anything stupid, you're being watched." Raven told him. It was like he wasn't in control of his own body, because he did exactly what he was told.
He waited exactly fifteen minutes. Raven walked in with what looked like two security guards, dressed In white, which was exactly like the guardian angels uniforms. Seeing that made Danny wince. "The people I am about to bring in are very important, harm them in any way, or try to, we'll shoot. You've been warned." She advised him, then walked out of the room. The first person that walked in was a tall, slender girl with caramel colored hair longer than Ravens. She wore a long white dress, and her eyes never stayed the same color. Strapped to her side was a long silver dagger.
"Hello Daniel, I am Celestia Storms, pleasure to meet you." She smiled, placing her folder on the table. The next hour was a drag, she asked questions about how he died, his family, things like that. When she was finished, she left. That's when the unexpected happened. A large male walked In with bright red hair. There was a long white scar that ran across his face. He was bigger than Danny, and something about him seemed familiar. "Never thought I would see you here, brother." He chuckled. Danny cocked his head to the side in confusion. 'Brother?' He thought, at that, he had a flashback of who held him back from protecting Scarlet all those years, the male who walked in was Gale Briar, his step brother.

If the cuffs weren't on his hands, Danny would've ripped Gail's throat out. The anger that he was holding in was indescribable. This was the same guy who beat him up every time he made an attempt to defend their sister. He was the one who deserved to be a demon, not Danny.
"How did you get here?" The demon commanded. All Gail did was smile, which made his anger boil. "It's simple really." The red head answered.
Danny knew that he couldn't do anything to harm him in any way, so he sat there not saying a word, and a permanent scowl on his face. After a while, Gail laughed then continued, "When you died, Scarlet was a wreck. It wasn't fun to beat her anymore, since she didn't struggle. One night, she snuck out of the house." He cleared his throat then continued, "When dad found out she was gone, he sent me after her. Once I found her, she was lying on the ground out back of some bar. As you would imagine, she was drunk."
Gail paused once more to laugh, and Danny wanted to punch him so hard his fist would go through his face. "After that, I brought her home, and back to dad. Except, things weren't as they seemed. Dad went to yell at her, except, she never responded. Come to find out, she had killed herself, or gotten herself killed."
This was like a knife to the heart. 'Why on earth was I told to protect her, if shes dead?!' He thought and automatically wanted to kill whoever else harmed her. "And you let her get out?!" He shouted, and the guards turned in his direction. "IF YOU DIDN'T HURT HER SHE WOULDN'T HAVE LEFT!!" He was now screaming, and even Gail looked scared. "Dude, calm down.." He said, raising his hands as if he was under arrest. "NO!! YOU KILLED THE ONLY ONE I HAD LEFT! THE ONLY ONE WHO CARED!!" His screams echoed though out the whole building, and he could sense the fear building up. "I'LL KILL YOU, I'LL KILL YOU ALL!!" He shouted, and his teeth began to grow longer, and his claws started to form on his fingers. The guards raised their guns. "Kid, I would stop." The one guard said, and Danny didn't listen. He ripped the cuffs off his wrists, and the guards fired.

The shots fired sent an electoral current through out the demons body. They obviously weren't firing to kill. Danny was important. Once the effect wore off, Danny spoke, "What does Scarlet have to do with all this anyway?" Gail showed no emotion, "The Angels are about to brainwash her. Just like they do to everyone else."
"Wait, why wasn't I brainwashed?" Danny asked, clearly more frustrated than confused. This time, Raven entered the room and answered, "You were far to important to risk anything. They didn't brainwash you because they were afraid you'd lose your strength and intelligence." Danny just laughed, he was anything but smart. "We have to save her, right now!" He exclaimed, trying to free himself from the new cuffs that had been attached to him. "We are aware, the actual event doesn't happen for another 48 hours, and in the meantime, you need training."
As annoyed as he was at the moment, he nodded. The cuffs were removed, and Raven lead him out of the room. He was lead to a small dorm room, with a bed and clean clothes to change into. Once Raven left, Danny stripped off his ragged old clothes and changed into his fresh black jeans, and black muscle shirt. He added his own touches of silver chains, and of course, he sagged his pants. After he was done, Celestia came in to escort him to the training room.
"This is where the magic happens." She smiled, and lead him to the center of the room. The angel put on work out gloves, and made fists with her small hands. "You're gonna fight me?" Danny laughed, "That's cu-..." He was cut off when her fist slammed into his right cheek. "OW!" He exclaimed, and made his own fists. "You fight like a girl." He smirked.
After a few minutes, Celestia obviously won. She offered her hand to Danny, who was lying on the ground in defeat. When he stood, they were only inches apart. "Sorry..." Danny mumbled as his face turned a light shade of pink, and he backed away. "So what now?" He asked, changing the subject.
"That's all for today, it's getting late, and you need your rest." She grinned then continued, "You did well, for a guy." She smiled once more, and flipped her hair and walked out of the room.
"Dang." Danny smiled, and went to chase after her, when Raven stopped him. "Don't waste your time lover boy, she's as much of a player as you." And with that, she was gone. Of course he ignored her, and ran after the caramel headed wonder. "Celestia..." He panted, finally catching up. She turned to face him, and placed her hands on her hips. "Yes?" She asked, in a sweet tone. "I was wondering if-...." And once again, he was cut off, "The answer is yes, come by my dorm at 9, I have something I would like to show you." She smiled and scribbled a number on his hand, and ran off.
"Looks like I gotta date, take that Raven." He smiled, having no idea what he was getting himself into.

Danny hadn't ever been on a real date before. Though in his teenage years, he wasn't hidden in the house all day, he never had the courage to talk to a girl. What made him so special that someone like Celestia would want to go out with? Who knows.
There wasn't much he could do to prepare, so he swapped his black jeans with some grey ones, and his muscle shirt with a baggy purple t-shirt and black hoodie. The male loaded up on cologne, then headed over to Celestia's dorm. He knocked, and within a few minutes, the door swung open.
His eyes widened when he saw Celestia in really short black shorts and a bright pink shirt cut off just above her belly button, revealing a sparkly belly button ring. "Haha so I'm assuming you like my outfit." She grinned, and took his hand. "Lets go, before Raven realizes that we're out past curfew."
The two Demons walked down the hallway, and took the elevator to the roof. Once they arrived, Celestia lead him to the center platform where there was a small abandoned campfire. The stars looked like little diamonds floating in the sky, and it was the perfect temperature. "This is amazing.." Danny mumbled, looking at the view in awe. Celestia grinned, and sat down, waiting for Danny to do the same. "So why did you bring me here? Of all places.." The male asked curiously. Celestia just smiled, scooted closer to Danny, and pecked his lips ever so lightly. "I just wanted to talk to you." She smiled once more. After she had kissed him, there was an empty feeling in the boys stomach.
Something certainly wasn't right. Celestia being so open, her outfit, the kiss, and the fact that he accepted her invitation so openly, there was only one explanation, she was a Siren.
"You're a siren, aren't you?" He questioned like a fool, and her smile quickly faded. "Why are you playing me?" He demanded, and could feel his temper rising. Celestia didn't answer for a few minutes, she looked more so ashamed that embarrassed that he figured her out. "Just because I'm a siren... " she mumbled, "...doesn't mean I can't like someone.." Her voice seemed to fade out at the end, which made Danny feel terrible.
There was defiantly more, something was missing. "Sorry.. I don't mean to be rude, but could I ask you a question?" He asked, trying to change the subject somewhat. "It's fine I guess.." The girl answered. Danny cleared his throat, then spoke,
"Do sirens always look the same? Or do they mask their appearance, like in the myth?" Celestia's faced turned white with fear, then she sighed, not meeting his eyes. "Would you like to see my actual appearance?" She whispered, "Just... Don't freak out.." She mumbled afterwards, and Danny shook his head, eager to see what she actually looked like.
She stood up, and pulled out a small vial out of her pocket. As soon as she opened it, she poured it over her head, washing her old looks away. When she finally transformed, Danny's jaw dropped to the ground. It was Scarlet.

There was nothing that shocked him more than that. First, his evil half brother showed up, and now, Scarlet?! Not to mention that she actually kissed him. Gross.
Danny sat there for almost twenty minutes without saying a word. 'Maybe that's why Raven warned me.. She knew.' At this point he couldn't even feel anger, he couldn't feel anything. He was numb. "Why did you trick me?" Was all the demon could manage to say.
Scarlet turned towards him, accepting that she clearly had hurt her brother. "I didn't think you would stay here knowing that I was in trouble, so I had Raven make up a story to keep you here. I brought you here tonight to reveal my true self." She mumbled, clearly somewhat embarrassed. Danny nodded, then quickly realized that she claimed to be a siren.
"Are you really a Siren?" He asked, somewhat afraid to find out that she too, was a demon. "No no it was just a potion to change my appearance, I'm an angel." She responded, standing up and unfolding her large white wings that were so blindingly bright. "Why did you come here? To the demon daughters?" He asked, loads of questions awaiting their turn to be spoken.
"Because."
"Because why?"
"Because I was banished."
"What?!"
Once again, he was shocked. "Yes I was banned, I sent you on a wild goose chase to save me from someone who never existed. I got you kicked out Danny, it was my fault."
The boys hues shifted to a light grey, symbolizing his sadness. Scarlet had a frown on her face to match. The siblings sat in silence for a while, and all he wanted to know was why. Why did she let them kick him out, just to take her in?
The silence was broken when they heard the gears of the moving elevator move to their floor. The figure who stepped out was none other than Raven herself. Her expression gave off the vibe that something happened. Scarlet and Danny jumped from their spots, and ran over to Raven, who was covered in crimson. "It's Gail..." She mumbled, falling into Danny's arms, nearly fainting, "He's Dead."

Their step brother was dead. Even though Danny never cared for him, after what he did to him and Scarlet, he felt like he had been shot. "Dead?! How!?" Scarlet demanded, clearly not caring about the fact that Raven nearly fainted over it. There wasn't much time, they needed to find the culprit of this act.
After a few minutes, Raven regained her cool. "Him and I were in the conference room, discussing where we would place Danny." She began, "Considering this organization is called the, "Demon Daughters" , and we rarely have any males that come along, that's when I heard an odd sound come from Gail." She paused for a moment to clear her throat before she finished, "Thats when I saw a silver arrow through his chest... And.. This." She said, pulling out a small paper which was folded in an odd shape. For someone who was supposed to be their leader, she looked very scared.
Without saying a word, she handed the note to Danny. He took it, nervous as to what it would say inside. Carefully unfolding it, he saw that inside there was a note,
" Daniel,
As you obviously know, you are no longer welcome here in heaven. As you recently have discovered, your sister, the one who we put you in charge of guarding, is now dead, and an angel. Being that you used to be a guardian angel, you will be punished severely for not only killing another living being, but for failing to protect her. You are to report to the HQ, with Scarlet, handing her over. Also, you will have a trial taking place the same day. If you fail to complete this objective, it will cost you things greater than your life.
Sincerely, Head Angel Joseph"
Danny's jaw dropped. Not because of the being punished part, but the handing over Scarlet part. "Why would they kill Gail over this.." He mumbled, dropping to his knees. Scarlet was all he had left. "It means they mean Buisness." Raven answered, now holding Scarlet, who was sobbing terribly. "I can't go back... I can't.." She said between cries.
"What's so bad about the angels? They were good to me..." Danny mumbled, then quickly remembered how they banned him. "Because..." She said sniffling, "They were the ones who killed me. When Gail found me outside the bar... I wasn't killed by a human, I was killed by an angel."

Killed by an angel, how ironic. It had only been a few hours with the Demon Daughters, and everything one could possible think of went wrong. In this twisted world, the demons are the good guys. Why, you may ask? We have no idea.
Raven lead the two into a room Danny had never seen before. It had different uniforms, and an assortment of weapons. Raven didn't even have to explain, they were going to war. Danny grabbed a pair of the same ripped black jeans he wore earlier, and a black v-neck with a matching hoodie. Using his magic, he flashed the items on and grabbed a few throwing knives that he strapped to his belt, and a long black sword.
Scarlet on the other hand, choose a skin tight black jumpsuit and a bow and arrows. Once the two choose their weapons, they reported to Raven, who had a scythe at her side. "Why exactly are we gearing up?" Scarlet asked.
Raven began to explain the war with the angels and devils, and how humans automatically thought angels were good, when they were actually very wrong. After all of this, she introduced them to the assault team.
The first one was a large, thin male names Ethan Way. He was actually a demon hunter, but quickly learning that the angels were evil, he sided with the Demon Daugthers. He had long black hair that hung to his shoulders, and soulless black eyes to match. He was a dazzling figure, and he carried a long knife at his side.
The next was a girl shorted and had a very thin yet curvy appearance. She had golden hair and black wings like Danny. Her name was Christina Grace, and she too, used to be an angel. With her two knives she looked like a ninja. Christina resembled the warrior version of Aphrodite.
The next two warriors were twins. They had fire red hair, and tattoos covering their bodies. Eyes as silver as the soul, it was defiantly Mesmerizing. Come to find out, the two, Isabella and Liam Knight were sirens.
It was only 7 people in total, but their powers could take down an army. After exchanging names and hellos, the group was off. There was no messing around, they were out for blood.

Can people die who are already dead? This question had went through Danny's head exactly thirteen times as he flew towards the Angels HQ. Their plan was simple, he would show up empty handed, then he would be taken to a jail cell. After that, the group would charge in, and Danny would break out, catching the whole group off guard. The time to ruin them was now. "Evil" would have to prevail.
Raven nodded at Danny once they all landed. Him and Scarlet hugged, then he sprayed the magic potion over himself, hiding his uniform and weapons. Stumbling across the front yard, he was quickly spotted. "He's here!" One of the guards shouted. That was his que, the demon fell to the ground, and pretended to pass out.
Oddly enough, he actually fell asleep. When he awoke, he was in a small chamber, as he predicted. Well, not exactly. There was a small window, which had bars on them. In case he tried to escape. A note was lying under the door, and he scooped it up and began to read,
"Ah you arrived empty handed as I suspected. Your Trial will be held at the seventh hour, don't try anything, you're being watched."
Danny tore up the note and threw it on the ground. He sat on the cold hard ground, and waited for his back up.
~
Scarlet gripped her bow so tightly, her knuckles turned as white as paper. It had been exactly twenty minutes since the rest of the group went after Danny. The guards were still completely unaware of her existence. She had been camping out in a tree not to far from the gates, where she could provide support of needed. Once the gates opened, they were In for the clear. After what seemed like forever, the gates swung open.
~
The demon heard a loud noise, which also shook the ground he sat on. Quickly standing, Danny realized that the potion wore off. He pulled out his large black blade and slashed the lock on the door. It was time for him to transform, into the demon that had lied dormant for so long.
His hair grew down to his shoulders, and his eyes shined a deep crimson. Teeth growing sharper, and claws becoming longer. Everything had gotten darker. Being able to bend darkness, he was The Lord of the night. A blood curling cackle escaped his lips, and he pushed forward to his position.
A few guards tried to stop him, but he swung his sword and took them down with one simple stroke. Danny effortlessly took down a few more guards, and pushed forward to the checkpoint. When he found his friends, they were in the middle of a bloody battle.
He first spotted Scarlet, hovering above, shooting arrows at the targets. Next he saw the twins, seducing and slaying at the same time. Close behind them, was Ethan and Christina, slashing at every angel in sight. Last but not least, Raven was battling the head angel. By the looks of it, they weren't the only ones out for blood.
Putting away his sword, Danny walked into battle with a sharp toothed smile on his face. He watched his friends battle to the death, and all he could do was smile. Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Calling it war would be an understatement. Blood and limbs decorated the ground. As gross as it sounds, Danny enjoyed seeing the blood of his enemies spilled all over the ground. This was his revenge for them killing his sister. Well, in whatever way they did, Scarlet didn't exactly have time to explain.
Danny effortlessly took down every angel that came at them. He had this weird sensation that made him want to suck the life right out of him, so that's what he did. After defeating a victim, he drank them dry. Not even bothering to wipe the blood from his face, he dashes over to aid his friends. They all fought beautifully, and everyone in white was taken down in no time.
As for Head Angel Joseph, he was gone. Most likely to gather more angels to fight. "So you plan to completely wipe them out?" Christina asked, hands on her hips. Ethan stood close to her, and Danny figured that they were dating. But that was besides the point. "No, this was simply a warning." Raven assured everyone, and after checking for survivors, they headed out.
Since the twins and Ethan couldn't fly, Christina held Ethan as she flew, and Scarlet and Danny each took a twin. Everyone was clearly exhausted, well everyone but Danny. His sanity almost drained when he got to drink and see blood. He was like a fledgling vamp who just feed on their first victim. The whole group was silent, and just when they thought they reached what they called home, all heaven broke loose. Literally.
Silver arrows rained down on them, and two arrows sent Scarlet sailing towards the ground. The twins let themselves drop, and quickly opened vials and drank them, giving themselves large scaly wings. After that, Danny let himself fall as well, to save Scarlet.
Falling as quickly as he could, Danny quickly met Scarlet. Pulling her into his arms, he snapped open his wings. After that, even more went wrong. Some unknown person slashed at his wings with their blade. His blood rained through the air, and he was forced to tuck them against his back. He was falling.. Falling.. Falling.. Until finally, they crashed into the ground which wasn't so forgiving.

The siblings were swallowed by a pool of darkness. Their bodies lied all mangled on the ground, while their "souls" wandered In their memories.
The male saw his life flash before his eyes, literally. He saw his mother smiling when she had given birth to him, and his sister crying when the heart monitor made the long unforgiving beep. He saw himself getting beaten, and kicking angel butt. Danny didn't care if he died, he just hoped with everything he had left that he saved Scarlet. She was the only girl he needed in his life. The one he had sworn to protect, no matter what it took. In this twisted reality, he hadn't broken his vow after all.
~
The red heads eyes fluttered open. She saw her friends crowed around her, and felt her bones slowly moving back in place. Relived, Scarlet sighed. Then she realized that the one who had broken her fall was none of than Danny. "Danny.. Is he okay?" She mumbled, forcing herself to sit up. Nobody said a word, which could mean two things. One, he died, and two, they weren't sure.
Raven, who was covered in blood, knelt over Danny, and was muttering all sorts of things. Christina walked over and explained how she was trying to heal Danny, and that when he'd broken the fall, he cracked several ribs, and his limbs were twisted in odd angles. All the red head could do is nod, and pray that everything would be okay.
~
The demon could feel a needle weaving in and out of his back. 'My wings...' He remembered and let out a groan to show everyone that he was still there. He heard muffled cries, and something fall to the ground with a thud. Figuring whatever they were doing to his back would take awhile, he let the darkness swallow him once more.
- 2 HOURS EARLIER -
Scarlet winced as Raven flipped over her brother. Gasping, she soon noticed that his left wing was badly damaged. Raven lowered her head, and faced the group. "I'm going to need to remove his left wing..." She announced. "It's to far gone to be fixed at all." Scarlet just cried. If he lost his wings, he wouldn't be able to fly, and he would lose what made others fear him. She knew what she had to do, and was willing to make the ultimate sacrifice. "Raven." The red head said, standing up. "Don't remove his right wing as well, he can have mine."
~
After a few hours, the demon woke. He was in a black room, on a hospital bed, with several IV's hooked up to him. His mind was buzzing with questions, especially when he noticed an unfamiliar numbness on the right side of his back. When Raven walked in, he knew he was back at the Demon Sons & Daughters building.
"What happened...?" He groaned and stared at her with a blank look on his face. The demons hues were white and smoky. "Well that's what I'm about to tell you." The Head Daughter answered. "When you broke your sisters fall, you saved her life, yet you almost lost yours." She then explained how they found him all mangled up, and how they had to rush to save him. Finally, she got to his wings.
"Well, your left wing was twisted in several directions... And we were going to have to remove it, leaving you with one wing." She sighed, "it would be pointless to remove one and not the other, so that's what we were going to do." Sighing once more she continued, "Thats when Scarlet jumped in, she sacrificed her ability to fly.. So you could keep your wings. She donated her left wing to you."
Danny was left speechless. He knew that she would sacrifice anything to him, but the demon never dreamed of this. "Where is she? I need to see her." He demanded, and Ravens expression grew dark, "You will see her, but not having her wings, she lost the ability to be an angel, her immortality..."
It was like a hundred pound weight was dropped on his shoulders, "Then that means..." He whispered when Raven finished his sentence, "Yes, she only has 24 hours left to live."

24 hours, and Danny was still stuck in the hospital for another 2. Every second he spent in the hospital was wasting two with Scarlet. After what seemed like an eternity, he was out.
The angel stood in front of the mirror and looked at his mismatched wings. He was now half angel, and half demon. Danny was happy to be alive, yet sad that his sister would be dying rather than him. The halfling wandered around until he found where they were keeping Scarlet. When he saw her, his jaw dropped.
She looked at least sixty years old. Her skin was all wrinkly and her limbs looked like sticks. Her body was slowly decaying, and it made him want to curl up and cry. "Scar... I'm so sorry..." He said, voice cracking as he walked over to her bedside slowly. All she did was smile. "Don't be sorry, I did this for you, besides, I couldn't live on any longer." The red head said sweetly. That's when she began to tell him how she had died.
She talked about how she had received a very bad beating from their father, so when she saw her chance, she ran off. After an hour or so, she figured that a very angry Gail would come after her. Not wanting to live anymore, she stumbled into the bar. Yet this wasn't just an ordinary bar, it was one that welcomed demons and angels or all kinds. The red head angered one of the angels, who was indeed drunk, so he ended her days.
Now knowing this, it all made sense. The angels were after her since she had angered an angel so much, he killed her, and got kicked from heaven. Danny had an emotionless look in his eyes, and they were grey and soulless.
Hours passed, and the two talked an laughed. Once the final hour came, the rest of the crew walked in and they exchanged farewells. So much terrible things happened in such little time. When it was down to only a few minutes, everyone left so Danny and Scarlet could spend their final moments together.
The fallen angel knelt down by his sisters bed and took her hand. "Scar, I just want you to know how incredibly thankful I am for what you've done, and I love you." The red head smiled, then spoke, "No need to thank me, it's the least I could do for you protecting me all those years." Crystal tears rolled down the siblings faces, and Danny stood to kiss his sisters forehead, "Goodbye." He whispered as she disappeared in a flash of bright light.
It was years after Scarlets passing, and Danny made a new vow, he was to protect everyone from having the life he had. The male didn't want anyone to suffer the pain he had, and Scarlet had. That day, he swore to protect the world from angels, who after all, were the real demons.