Little House in the Woods

Author's note: I'm not really sure where this idea came from, but I wondered what would happen if I decided to...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I'm not really sure where this idea came from, but I wondered what would happen if I decided to mix two types of novels. Second person and First person points of views. This is kind of where I left off with it.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Identity Crisis

As soon as I stepped in I knew that I should’ve immediately turned around. I just couldn’t bring myself to leave. What if I had though? Would the outcomes have changed? It felt like there was something I should see before I left, but I didn’t know what that was. If I had turned and left right then I wouldn’t have found out about the murder and the victim wouldn’t have lived, but if I had left it would’ve made my life a whole lot easier. I just didn’t know it yet. I’ll tell you my story and you can tell me if I should’ve left or not.
I had promised my friend, Adam that I would meet him at the old house in the woods, but it seemed that he was late. I was so bored! I had looked at my watch to see what time it was. Who knows, maybe I was early? I wasn’t though. We had decided to meet at six and it was already seven. It was cold and getting dark and I was bored to tears.
I had been staring at the house for a while now and thought I heard a sound. The sound was so revolting that I decided to go into the house to check it out. I was terrified to find out what made that terrible sound, but I just had to. When I climbed up the tiny stairs I could feel my heart beating into my throat. I didn’t know why I was so afraid, but I just had a strong feeling that something bad was going to happen.
I opened the old, chipped door and looked inside. It was then that I heard the noise again and almost fell off the stairs from being so startled. I forced myself to go through the door. As I walked through the little house I saw the scorched furniture. The furniture made the house look lively and evil. I started walking farther into the house.
That’s when I heard the blood chilling scream. It was a woman’s voice and it was full of terror and pain. Should I go any farther? Ignoring common sense, I walked into the house farther and climbed up the stairs. Then I ran into a fork shaped hall, all leading to different rooms. I walked in front of one of the rooms and looked inside. There were two people in the room. One was a tall, slim male and the other was a small, old, fragile looking woman. The woman was lying on the floor pleading to be let go while the man was standing over her with a gun.
“Tell me what I want to know!” The man shouted at the woman.
“I don’t know what you are talking about!” She yelled. He glared at her and raised his gun. My eyes went wide; he was going to kill her! I didn’t know what I was doing, but I felt the need to stop the guy. Then the guy started saying something, and his words stopped me dead in my tracks.
“Where have you hidden the girl?” He asked her. What girl? Was this all it was about? Could someone really be that mad over a girl? He moved his finger and started to pull the trigger. It was then that I snapped out of my trance and ran forward.
“Don’t shoot her!” I yelled. The woman looked over at me with wide eyes and pointed out the door, but it was already too late. The man looked over and got wide eyed too.
“Where have you been?” He asked. I looked at him bewildered. What was he talking about? What did he mean; here I was trying to stop a murder and he just asked me where I had been? Why did he even care? He took a step forward and I backed away.
“Don’t you remember me?” He asked. I shook my head.
“This witch must have messed with your head.” He said aloud. As I stared at him, he got even angrier at the woman and was about to pull the trigger again.
“Don’t hurt her!” I shrieked at him again. He looked over at me and then looked back at her. I then tackled the man to the ground and the woman leapt up and ran out the door.
“What are you doing, Denise?” he asked me.
“I’m not Denise, I’m Danielle.” I said. He stared at me, and finding it creepy I ran off. Hopefully he wouldn’t come for me.
Later that night I called the police, but they said they had never found the man. What would happen to me? Would the man come after me? I didn’t know.
Now it is time for you to decide. Did I do the right thing? Should I tell Adam or my parents? Should I look for that old woman? Like I said it’s up to you to decide, and hopefully it’s something good. When you figure it out, tell me.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »