Justice Conception

Author's note: This is the obligatory sequel to my first novel, City of the Doomed. This is more of a transitory...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This is the obligatory sequel to my first novel, City of the Doomed. This is more of a transitory novel than anything else, with more world building and development to lead into the third novel.

Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

Prologue

"Justice is an outdated concept. In our current world of ever increasing number of new species and changing ideals, one alias will always be separate from the others. One group always the target of oppression. But, what is justice really? Merely an excuse. A means to maintain order, balance, and peace. In this age of truth, we no longer require such an archaic excuse. We no longer require justice. With our unwavering faith in the greater good, we will restore peace."
- Han Su Lee, founder
If you haven't read the first book, City of the Doomed, I'd highly suggest taking a quick skim over chapter 14, as it has crucial information on some of the terms used in this novel.
of the MRPR.
***
Dekashar, City of Trite:
The man walked up onto the podium. He glanced over the sea of people who had gathered on the streets of the city, waiting eagerly in a low drone of conversation. He spotted humans, as always, some Atraskan lizard-people, some of the native, humanoid populace, a few purple-skinned Ubririans, and even a few Limmatans.
Of course, the man did not think of the crowd as such. All were simple people here, equal in right and stature. As they should be.
"People!" the man began, and the crowd immediately fell silent. "I address you as such because here, all are equals. All receive equal treatment, equal facilities, and equal stature in society."
A wave of cheering rippled through the crowd. The man put up a hand and silence fell once more.
"But, there is a problem with our standing," the man continued. "Namely, the MRPR seeks to disrupt our society of equality with their preposterous integration laws! They discriminate against all species despite the universal ideal of equality! Will we let that stand?!"
A resounding "No!" roared from the crowd.
"No!" the man echoed. "We will not let this stand! We will tear down the MRPR from their rotting foundations and put an end to this era of discrimination and suffering! We will build a new government, one truly of the people, and for the people! We shall build an era of equality for all!"
A colossal cheer rose up from the crowd. People began chanting in different languages, calling out to the man's name.
The man named Han Su Lee.
***
Unknown Location:
"A storm is brewing at the edges of the galaxy. The MRPR might actually have a predicament on their hands."
"Are you speaking about the rebellion? They don't have nearly as much power or influence as the MRPR. I also hear the man leading it is using Han Su Lee's name. It's all so ridiculous I don't know where to start."
"This is the largest rebellion we have seen to date. The MRPR is still overconfident right now due to our previous endeavors. This rebellion might steal the opportunity to execute our plan."
"That is true. Then the logical course of action is to put down the rebellion."
"We cannot reveal our hand now, otherwise the MRPR and NULL might catch on."
"Then we just have to get the MRPR worried enough to put an end to this rebellion."
"We have to go about this carefully. If the MRPR becomes too paranoid, it could also ruin our opportunity."
"I have the perfect plan."
"Let's hear it."
"We'll use agent Seventeen..."
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 Next »

This book has 5 comments. Post your own now!

AnInkling said...
I loved this start of your book as much as I loved your other one, City of the Doomed, and I cannot wait for you to write more! One comment I would have is that with the concience tranferring (for lack of a better word) or putting people into different bodies makes it seem a lot harder for anyone to die. So I would suggest making Seventeen's "immortality" more apparent by having someone else die because with all the ability to transfer someone's spirit, just makes it seem reall... (more »)

None0 replied...
Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:21 am
It's kind of hard to talk about 17's "immortality" ability without spoiling anything. I'll just say, it's not really discussed in detail until book 3, so it might not be too readily apparent in this book.   Once again, thank you for reading!

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow. None, I can't wait till you get the next chapters posted! This is awesome, and I have no doubt it's going to stay that way. Thank you for writing it. :)

LaChouette This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Hi None0. I read the chapter in City of the Doomed as you said, and it did help a lot in understanding what is going on now. Have you ever thought of publishing this work to make it into a book? It has a lot of potential and I think it's an interesting read. I like the idea of a city equal for all creatures. This is a nice work you have here. Great Job!

None0 replied...
As a collective response to all of your comments, thank you for reading. I've thought of publishing my 2nd novel, City of the Doomed, although the name will probably be changed due to a certain Mortal Instruments series (it's currently being looked over by an editor. Next I'll probably go out to look for agents).   Anyways, thanks again for reading.