Home > Novel (Fiction) > Sci-fi/Fantasy > Darkest Shadow

Darkest Shadow

Darkest Shadow
Summary: The Corruptor. It was a name known to all the living inhabitants of Arula. No one was safe. All were subject to the infection. But, with a daring plan, mapped out by the 4 greatest magicians on the planet, The Corruptor was sealed away, never to return to the world again.
Nearly a decade passed. Peace reigned over the land, and no more did the living have fear of the shadows. But gradually, The Corruptor's seal, made to be impossible to break, weakened. The infection spread again, stronger than ever. Fear of the shadows returned to the living. Fear of the darkest shadow, The Corruptor of Worlds.

This book has 14 comments. Post your own now!

Brelaw67This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 4, 2014 at 9:17 am
Amazing work None0!!! I really enjoyed this story and can't wait for the next chapter. I agree that the story was a little generic, but I really liked the story of the Infamous Corruptor and the Infected. If you were to self publish this book I would so buy it! :D 
SportsStar23This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is a great story! It sounds like something that was written by a professional! I really got into the characters and your descriptions are really great. I like the way that you had your characters meet. It seems like a familiar storyline but original at the same time. I agree with holly1999. I would buy this if it was published and sold. Great job! Keep it up! (:
None0 replied...
I'm surprised so many people liked this novel. I feel like the plot and setting are both relatively generic. The only interesting part would be the characters, and I haven't even gotten to the best ones yet.   Nonetheless, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
holly1999 said...
This is a really good story. The characters are both interesting and I liked how you wrote the first chaper from both of their points of veiw. You used some good description, and your word choice was great. I only read the first chapter, but I'd love to read more and this is definitely something I would buy if it was published. Great writing! :)
EbonyKnight said...
Sept. 21, 2013 at 11:51 am
awesome, i like how they tricked him. nice work, keep going
LaChouette This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is an interesting story. I think the plot is really clever and the idea of infiltration by the figure was a nice move. It caught me off guard; at the time, I wasn't quite sure why the infected had retreated. It was a cool twist. I also enjoyed the twist at the time of the sacrifice as well. Nice Job!
vegangirl0725 said...
I read chapter one, it is a really good story!
None0 replied...
I find it strange that you like this novel, but didn't like Death Pact as much. The writing in this one is (in my opinion) inferior to the other.   Anyways, thanks for reading.
kamkit said...
Even if this is one of your less refined pieces, this novel is still amazing. This is definitely something I would pick up off the shelf at a book store, it kept me thoroughly invested the whole time I was reading. The character development is great- I really like Miscri- and it was good how the dialogue was humorous at times despite the current situations. The Infected reminded me a little of the Forsaken in the Mortal Instruments, little side note there. Overall I cannot find a single thing ... (more »)
None0 replied...
I'm going to have to take a look at the Mortal Instruments series. Everyone keeps making references to them. Anyways, I'm glad you liked it. New characters will be arriving in the next chapters.
kamkit replied...
I really liked the first one, but I never ended up reading any farther then that, although I probably will go back sometime to finish them.
BookNerd35 said...
Over Chapter 1: This chapter kept me entertained. When I read the summary, I sort of doubted it and was about to click on another of your books. However, I was extremely wrong. The characters, Erilus and Mescri, were very interesting. I liked how you put this chapter from both of their points of view. The world seemed fresh, but at the same time reminded me of something else. The only thing I must ask about is the time period. I thought when reading the before- summary that it was set in ... (more »)
None0 replied...
Thanks for reading, and you really should have clicked one of my other books. This one is so much less refined than the others. The time period is set sometime during the middle ages, or around 1400 with respect to Earth time, and I'm pretty sure that fits around the Fantasy end of the spectrum. I wasn't intending for this novel to be sci-fi (but it may turn into one later... the plot is really complicated).
Naesmarts This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 4, 2013 at 11:43 am
i enjoyed your story! it had the perfect cliff hanger as well. It is so hard to be orginial with magic as a topic. bravo.