Living On Mars | Teen Ink

Living On Mars

March 21, 2013
By TDE59, Spirit Lake, Iowa
More by this author
TDE59, Spirit Lake, Iowa
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." - FDR


We have just finished the building the rocket. First we have to send up the rocket and bring seven astronauts so they can scope out the land and see if anybody can survive on mars.

It’s 5:30 and all the astronauts are suited up and ready to go. Two hours later we are all ready to go, the astronauts are in the rocket and waiting and talking to central command. “Houston we are ready for liftoff.” “10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1... We have liftoff!!!” “Oh lordy were going on to Mars and we get to scope out the land for the first city on another planet”, said one of the astronauts. When they finally get into space they have the rockets on full blast and are on their way to Mars. Now they are close to Mars, but they need to sleep, so they go into hypersleep. When they wake up they find themselves in the orbit of Mars. Then they put the landing on the rocket and they start descending down to Mars, but while there descend they notice that one of the landing legs aren’t coming out. One of the astronauts gets out of his seat very quickly and goes at it with a hammer. The landing leg finally comes out and he rushes back to his seat before the landing impact. The impact was very hard and very scary. When they got on Mars they opened the doors and all they felt was a very hard breeze that knocked all of them down. They all got up and studied the land,and walked slowly not expecting anything to happen, then after they studied the land all of a sudden they felt a big quake under their feet, and they saw a huge rock fall of this hill and just roll towards them. Then they all ran towards the rocket and started to push it, because it was coming right towards their rocket. The rocket started to move, but it wasn’t moving fast enough. One of the astronauts said, “It’s coming right to was, it’s gonna smash us into tiny little dust particles!!!” When they finally move the rocket out of the way they jump as fast as a cheetah after a antelope, as the boulder hurdled right behind them. “phew that was close,” one of the astronauts said. After all that happened they all went into the rocket and went to the microphone and said to Mission Control... “Mission Control we are going to bed.”

Mission Control said, “Alright boys goodnight and have a safe night.” After that they went to bed and shut down everything. “Goodnight everyone,” said one of the seven astronauts.

After a long night of sleep and weird noises, all of the astronauts woke up and had some breakfast. “For breakfast we have some dried fruit, some bread, and some milk, but the milk isn’t really milk... it’s like dried ice cream or like dip n dots, but the flavor is milk,” said one of the astronauts. After breakfast they all got suited up and went outside. This time they were ready for the strong breeze, but they still fell. When they got up they started walking towards the hill that the giant boulder fell from. As they started walking they noticed that this was no hill it was a giant fire-breathing volcano. They asked Mission Control what this giant volcano was and they said “This beasts name is Olympus Mons the tallest volcano on Mars.” “Oh wow this thing is huge.” So they start climbing up to this beasts and they find out that when they start climbing the rocks underneath them are crumbling and are really hot. When they finally get up to the mouth of the volcano they look down at the sand and notice that the ground was quaking again, so they ran off the volcano and back onto the sand and the quake got louder and bigger. Then when they were running towards the rocket a giant crack appeared right in front of them and they almost fell in the crack. When they stopped and looked down the massive crack they thought they saw a human body in the crack. Then all of a sudden the crack just closed up and the quake just rumbled down until the quake stopped. All of the astronauts just stood there in awe. “That was amazing!!!” “Mission Control, I think we have a problem.” “Well what is it?” I thought I just saw a body when this massive crack opened up and it looked like a human body.” “We’ll look into it and see why theres been so much seismic activity going on too alright boys?” “Alright.” After that happened they all went back into the rocket and went sleep for the night.

The astronauts woke up to a faint popping sound. They put on their gear and stomped outside to see that there were these weird people in what it looked like tablecloths fighting other people that looked like they were people who lived in Mars’s caves.They looked like all these weird life forms were from Star Wars. So they went back into the rocket and watched the whole fight that was going on and it looked like the people in the tablecloths won. Then after a little bit they started coming towards the rocket. Jim one of the astronauts told the guys to get their guns, which were under the beds. The life forms walked around the rocket and tried to figure out what this kind of machine was. they came up to the door and tried to bust it down. When they finally busted down the door the astronauts took their rifles and shot the all of them but one. The astronauts took the man and put him in a chamber where he can survive, but not for long. They unwrapped these people and they looked disgusting pieces of flesh was ripped off, and they just looked like the sand tore them apart. They asked the guy that they captured if he knew English and if he could talk with them. He said, “We landed here in 2003, and Mission Control thought we died on impact, and we hadn't died. What year is it back on Earth?” “It is year 2047, and we have to find out if we can sustain life here on Mars, because Earth is about to die. All the animals are dying and the water is evaporating like crazy.” One of the astronauts told Mission Control that we have one of the astronauts from the 2003 launch onto Mars. They said “Do you have all of them?” “Yes, but we didn’t know what they were and killed the rest of them.” “Well when you come back bring them and we can bring them back alive.” “Alright... we’ll do.” “Who were you guys fighting out there?” “We were fighting the Judoons thats what we call them.” “They’re scary looking too.””They are very strong and live in very big colonies.” “You’ll have to bring an army if your gonna defeat these guys.” After that all happened they all went to sleep and fell asleep very fast.

Today is the day the astronauts go back to Earth. They getting ready when all of a sudden they hear what sounds like laser guns. They look out the window and realize the Judoon are coming after them. They get in their suits and get in their seats and hit the blast button.BBBBBBBB KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK WE HAVE LIFTOFF!!!!!! As soon as they have liftoff they get hit by a couple of lasers, but that does not phase them at all. When they get out of Mars’s atmosphere they all fall asleep. When they come into Earth’s atmosphere they are falling towards an ocean. When they hit the water they all get out and there is a helicopter there waiting for them. They all climb up into the chopper and are transported to NASA. When they get to NASA they give the bodies to the doctors. They are brought back to life immediately when the doctors shove a needle into their neck. NASA interviewed the eight astronauts about what they saw when they landed on Mars. While that was going on the other seven astronauts went back to work on how they are going to get water, plant life, and food on Mars... you need all this to survive on Mars. After that long day they all go to bed and fall asleep right away.

When all of the men woke up from their long night of snooze they all went up to the lab how they were going to design and bring people and supplies to Mars. They actually thought of having a rocket that has about 75 rocket boosters and can hold up to sixteen tons of people and supplies. We have to bring first on the rocket: Military equipment, food, supplies to build, water, plant life, crops, farm animals, and people like scientist, architects, and engineers. When they were working on this, the alarms went off and said “ALERT ALERT WE HAVE INTRUDERS... I REPEAT WE HAVE INTRUDERS!!!” Then the men that were working on the design heard gunshots. They got down and shut off the lights. When men in red camouflage suites ran by the windows one of the men said, “The Russians are here... their gonna want our design.” All of a sudden men broke through the door. Good thing the men were in a bomb bunker under the table that was locked with all the designs in it. After they heard all the men leave they got out, but still hid under some desks. When everyone was gone they got out of the room and checked around for any signs of the Russians. A couple of people were shot dead and they had to help them out. NASA told the President Toews about the incident. President Toews told NASA, “I am very sorry that this has happened, and we don’t know how these Russians got past our defense line... we will pay full credit all your information lost.”

A couple of month later...

We have just finished building the 214 ton rocket with 200 rocket boosters. We had to have more rocket boosters because we have a 214 ton rocket. We loaded up the food and supplies first, then we loaded up our military supplies. For military supplies we have: 7 M1 Abram tank, around 700 soldiers, 70 humvees, 2 bombers, and over 56,000 rounds of ammunition. When we all got done loading up the rocket we told all our guest to get ready to go. Are guest include the best scientists, architects, biologists, and best of the best astronauts and soldiers. Our best scientist is Stephen Hawking, architect Bill Gates, biologists Gregor Mendel. Once we were all ready to go we all sat in our seats and I started talking to Mission Control. “Are all ready to go men?” “Yes, yes we are all ready to go.” “10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.” “We have liftoff!!!” Four hours later... “We have landed on Mars!” When we got on Mars we all got off the rocket and unloaded everything. We got our base camp set up. We are ready from any angle if the Judoons attack us for some odd reason.

Four months later...

“Today we have just put the finishing touches on our city, Thermopolis.” “We now are leaving our scientist, architects, biologists, and our military service on planet Mars. Thermopolis is located on the North side of Olympus Mons. “We are going back to planet Earth today and getting all of our people who have volunteered to colonize and live on Mars.

“We have gotten all of the volunteers ready to go and they are excited to go.” “10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1!!!” “We have liftoff!” A couple of hours later... We have just landed on Mars, and the people are amazed. Once they get everything settled we have a grand opening for Thermopolis.

Most of the Northern hemisphere is civilized with huge cities, bigger than New York City and Los Angeles combined, I mean huge as can be. And they are striving with jobs and cities. We finally wiped out the Judoon population on Mars. We wiped out all their cities on Mars and now that they are all gone Mars doesn’t have to worry about anything happening to them. And we all lived happily ever after.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.