(incomplete) The Knowing

Author's note: This is just a "tester" to see if the story will develop enough to continue it, and if people...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This is just a "tester" to see if the story will develop enough to continue it, and if people enjoy it enough. I wrote the first couple chapters so please comment with any ideas or critique, also the story is also posted on www.Wattpad.com and I hope to continue it. Thanks!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Prologue: Escape of the Lights

In the blackest of black midnights, with the trees barely swaying in the distant breeze, a single woman danced and weaved between the tall trees and darting shadows of the forest. The women wore a black cloak that echoed the night, and hung to the forest floor with a hood pulled down, concealing her oval face of pale skin, as she moved her cloak splayed around her hiding a dress of dark blue, and the color of the night sky on clear night. As she moved, nimble on her feet, she followed a light of pulsing blue: almost like a star that had fallen out of time and space searching for its’ place in the galaxy. The light darted and moved, and the women danced alongside it, together they moved as shadows running from fate itself.
Occasionally, the women would stop for a mere moment and glance behind her searching in vain, through the night to see if she was being pursued. As the trees swallowed the woman as she ran deeper and deeper into the forest the light started to fade from the blue to a crimson red. It grew brighter and brighter, darkening in color and twisting into a more intense sphere, until it had encompassed every shade of red, from the romantic rose to the dark color of death. It spun and changed and grew to, in a blink of an eye, it vanished.
The women did not stop or falter, instead she gazed calmly, with piercing green eyes, at it and then she too disappeared into the night.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

spirit_eyes said...
I think that the idea behind the story is really cool and it has the potential to be an awesome book, if you decide to finish it that is.